It was always written ✔️

By Aax_axxx

Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna. Who's going through her hard hu... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
🗣Announcement 🗣
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 31

186 5 33
By Aax_axxx

Ok so quickly something related to the last chapter.

*Ah-hem*

Ismail - A biatch with a small d*ck

Aleksei - A bigger biatch with a slightly bigger d*ck

Armaan - So a tricky one. He was a good one but he was a pussy ngl. He was low-highkey stupid. Like when he tried to convince Ismail that Ayla married him like what 🥴 and (very scary in my opinion) easily manipulated, what I imagine to take place before his marriage was for Zunair's mother to accuse him of impregnating her in front of her parents and he would accept after some pressuring.

Salman - Ok so when I was writing the other version this story was meant to go down, I wrote a passage, and I thought 'what if he liked her? ' I did think it was wrong but then after realising Alisha (I need totally change her name)  is a total bitch, so I was like that's fine if he likes, LIKES being the keyword, he was never in some sort of an emotional affair with her. He never voiced his feelings to her, she never knew. It was from afar. I feel like some people might come for me for saying this but idc.

So Salman's character isn't really explored and I never put much thought into it. But I do think of him as a simple man, someone who after years of being abused mentally can finally appreciate small things that bring him immense joy

I genuinely believe he was the right person for her, but it was the wrong time, but with the completely effed up circumstances, there was no chance for them to ever be together.

Maybe in some alternate universe.275

Bright blue skies, a beautiful blazing sun, not a cloud in sight.

Alayna was grateful for the weather, a slight breeze making it bearable to be out and about. 9 years had passed, she sat in remembrance of him. Yet he was beginning to fade from her memory, all she could remember as of now were whispered declarations and icy blue eyes.

Was there any hope that he was to come back now? Many years had come and gone, her heart grew fragile when she thought about him, it felt like it could shatter at any moment. She was delusional in love. Becoming a deewani in his love. It was inevitable, that she would reach such a state as her heart refused to move on and her mind kept bringing up the past. The way he looked at her, the way those cold blue eyes used to melt before her, it felt unrealistic that he had fallen so hard in a short amount of time. She felt that it was unrealistic that she had fallen for him too, especially after all that she had suffered at the hand of men around her.

But as she sat on the sand and watched the ocean battle with the shore, she was lost to her thoughts, nightmares had seized, guilt had passed and life was calm now.

Her eyes unfocussed as her thoughts consumed her.

She got up heading closer to the shore, the relentless waves coming back to meet her. A sudden strong breeze making her shiver, wrapping her arms around herself.

She stood strong after all that happened to her.

She stood straight even after every adversity.

She stood in the midst of the tabaahi that she had caused and yet did not regret, not once. Not even for a second.

It was always written for the weak woman's bahadur daughter to stand at this very shore.

To have witnessed the ruination of all whom who had attempted to destroy her and her mother.

For her to fight back in retaliation for both herself and her mother.

It was always written that she would burn the pages of history that they had existed in.

She had the guts, she had the courage and she did what was required of her.

It was always written that the monsters who lurk in the sunlight will let their mask slip. Leading to their traits and crimes to be thrown into the spotlight.

For them to be consumed by the evil that they spat out.

Her phone began blaring snapping her out of her thoughts.

Taufiq.

As she went to swipe with her other hand, she couldn't but stop as she noticed a couple.

They both painted a beautiful portrait, him on his knee holding up a ring between his fingers, her squealing in delight, joy and surprise.

She smiled, such a beautiful intimate moment. Pure, untainted by social expectations, not a camera in sight, just pure emotions and actions.

She unwillingly pulled her eyes away, as her phone began to ring again.

Taufiq.

She sighed in distain as his incompetence was unmatched, even for a grown man.

"Yes, Taufiq."

"The van's not coming for an hour, they had an overlap with bookings and can't provide us with an alternative."

"Just an hour?"

"Probably longer with the tone he was speaking in."

She sighed, heading to her car promptly.

"I'm coming."

She cut the call and slid into the red leather seats of her Jaguar.

Her plans for the day were ruined, she had intended to take out all the kids and staff for a day out, she had done so for the other orphanages. This was meant to be the final one and she had promised the kids so much, she had filled their ears with niceties , only for them to not go today.

Her shoulders sunk as she closed her eyes. She kept herself occupied, today had been the first in a long while where she allowed herself to be alone with only her thoughts. And those thoughts ran right back to him, despite her best efforts of trying to bury him in the back of her mind.

She could only pray for his well being.

Her eyes drifted to the time on her dashboard, her mind calculating the time until asr prayer. These years had done good to her, her emotional wellness, her physical health, her business, her philanthropic projects, and lastly her connection to God.

The connection that was lost in marble walls had fallen into her lap.

One fortunate day following a night of horrible night storms, led to Alayna having to pick up a fated phone call.

The imam of one of the masjids. He called telling her that the ceilings were dripping, disturbing prayers and making it hard for any ibadaah. She agreed to be there in a couple hours time.

When she went to examine the damage along with an assembled repair team, that was when she saw it. A massive group of kids splashing water on each other within the masjid as their father's prayed in the mucky water. Her heart swelled as she made her way over there. The joyous laughs, the content, focused prayer, the dedication to all that was above.

She stood watching them in delight as the team went to assess the damage. The obvious one was the water she was currently wading through, in an attempt to catch the imam's attention, who was deep in a conversation.

She stood in her place as she saw they were still in discussion when she noticed a man go up to the kids, reprimanding them heavily.

She moved quickly, "Excuse me. Don't tell the kids off like that."

She heard him tut before he turned.

"Don't bother attempting to lecture me when you're stood in the house of Allah with no hijab."

She gulped as she grew nervous.

"Well, if you're so religious then you should know that the prophet would never have wanted the house of Allah to be silent. They are the next generation of Muslims, let them build a good relationship with the mosque."

He began to speak up, but another voice cut through.

"Saqib, brother, she is correct, don't bother arguing for your own entertainment. Also, we've talked about this, swallow your ego, it'll get you out of sticky situations rather than in them."

He turned to her. "Sorry but are you Alayna beta?"

She nodded, "My team are just assessing the damage, from an outsider's view I say it should only take 2-3 days of work."

"Why are you talking to her like this?" A sulking Saqib asked.

"She's the one that organises the masjid affairs, she is the daughter of the woman who built it."

A sense of belonging rushed over her as he said those words, it was her birth right to sit between these walls.

"I'd like to talk to you." She shot a look to Saqib who got the memo and moved away.

"I'd like to repent, I've done unforgivable crimes." Expecting a confused face, she was met by a glowing, smiling one.

"Allah guides whom He wills [28:56] my dear, Allah guides whom He wills."

It was her turn to make a confused face.

"You don't understand do you?" She shook her head, slightly embarrassed.

"You've been having these thoughts, maybe even dreams of you praying, but then you convince yourself you can never do it because of all the sins that you've forgiven, but, my daughter that is WHY we pray. Every time you stand in rak'ah to begin your salah, sins begin to fall off your body, like leaves falling from a tree in the autumn."

She pondered upon his thoughts and he let her.

"He'll forgive me truly?"

"Never underestimate the mercy of your Lord."

She hummed, He had been merciful to her, the wealth, the escape, the closure, the small family she had created, those who truly loved her.

"You know what, my sister-in-law, my wife's sister she is coming here to give a talk for the ladies next week, why don't you come along?"

"Maybe I will." She confirmed, turning to look at the kids again. Her mind would only wonder to one thought, 'If her child was well and alive today, would he be playing among these children?' leading her to think: 'Would she have taken the actions that she had done in the past? Would she have ever left Zunair? Would she have fought for her freedom or would she have settled down with him to give her child a false sense of security?'

So, the following week she went to that talk, she sat among the other ladies at the back, and listened intently and whenever a question was asked she would ask her heart, whenever a concern was raised she listened for unsurety, she didn't hear any; whenever she heard whispers around her she would zone in to listen to them gossip, to only hear them asking each other if it would be rude to get up and begin prayer.

When the speaking sister realised the time, she called to all the women who intended to pray to gather in rows. She stood amongst the first line of ladies, and began the prayer.

And from that day on, Alayna got more involved with the keepings of the mosques, organising fundraisers, events, or simple talks. She sought knowledge that she had not known of before, she sat with the imam and recited Qur'an along with other kids and their mothers. She brought people around her to these events, her phupo always the first to be asked.

Her life had a purpose.

This revelation still shocked her to this day, yet, everything in her life seemed to be on this upward curve.

She sat driving through the busy traffic, still annoyed at how the day plan was cancelled and how those kids were going to have the most upset expressions plastered on their faces. Which is why she had brought a whole load of treats and had ordered food from a restaurant near-by, so they could stay occupied until she was able to book for another day out another day.

She pulled up to the gates of the orphanage, parking her car reasonably close and pulling herself out as well as the enormous bags of shopping.

She turned towards the orphanage to see the expected sight of the two girls waving at her.

Mahnoor and Faiza.

Mahnoor was always a timid child, the one who was always at the back and hardly ever spoke up. That was until Faiza came along, 3 years ago, Faiza had been dropped off at the gates of the orphanage at 5 years old, cuddling her baby brother, and holding her toddler brother's hand. It was scary to see such responsibility from a child who was supposed to be playing without a care in the world.

The first few weeks were hell, Faiza was an absolute handful, kicking up fusses, throwing tantrums, terrorising the other kids so we would cave and give into her demands of her handling her brother. She thought we were trying to separate them, we were trying to give her a space where she can express herself freely, without being shackled to what she thought were her responsibilities.

She eventually settled down one day, taking a seat in a corner while the other kids played. She observed, her eyes darting from one place to another, maybe it was registering in her mind where she was, some place safe. Some place where she didn't have to worry as hard. As the cogs in her brain turned, someone approached her. Mahnoor. It was very out of character for her to do that, the other kids always had to approach her, she was never the one to do something like this.

She offered Faiza a piece of the orange she was eating, and Faiza happily accepted. They sat beside each other and that was the day they established a sisterly bond.

From that day the two were inseparable and became the ring-leaders of the kids. They had established the tradition of always welcoming Alayna in.

She moved through the gate shutting it behind her. She placed the bags on the floor and turned to greet them with her arms wide open, "Assalamu alaikum!"

All the kids jumped into her arms, happy to see her yet again.

"Today was meant to be our special trip, right?" They all cheered in unison.

"Unfortunately, we can't go today." Awws of sadness echoed through the courtyard.

"But we will go next week!" They began cheering again.

"So today, we're going to have a fun day!" She handed out everything she had bought and the kids went off and began playing with each other.

"Thank God you came, if I had to break the news to them they would have eaten me alive." Taufiq wiped the invisible sweat from his forehead.

She rolled her eyes, "You're just happy because of your lessened workload. That reminds me, take Aunty Tooba and collect the food order I made from that restaurant you're always in."

"Yes Ma'am." He saluted and marched away. Alayna could not gather a reason why she was still employing him.

She watched over the kids as her ears were blessed with beautiful melody of Qawaalis being played.

Right across from the orphanage was a darbar, where a Qawali group sat and sung. She loved it, her ears felt like they were blessed. She was lost to the words that they were singing, words coming from the heart from artists long ago.

Main Tere Waste Duniyaa Ko Chhod Aaya Hoon

Aaya Tere Dar Par Deewana

Aaya Hoon Aaya

Aaya Tera Deewana

Bang!

Silence enveloped the small orphanage.

She immediately signalled from them to keep quiet with her finger on her lip and beckoned to come towards her.

They'd practiced drills for situations like this. She made sure that she wasn't going to let any of them to lose their lives. She knew that a situation like this could occur at any moment, they were bundled into the cupboard that was somewhat soundproof, and was disguised to look like apart of the wall, with no door knob and hidden hinges.

"You know what the drill is. Stay quiet, note the times, and don't get caught."

All heads nodded across the room.

"Good."

She turned to leave, when a small hand tugged her arm, "Where are you going?"

"To protect you, I'll be back. And if I'm not and my body is lying there, cover it with the plastic warps and call the police. Don't even look at it. Cover your eyes, keep your innocence. I'll forever live here, in your heart, you'll remember everything I taught you, right?"

The little girl nodded and Alayna edged out of the room bolting the door shut.

She kept her ears on any suspicious sounds as she rounded the teacher's desk, she slowly pulled open the bottom drawer and pulled the gun out from there

As she made her way to the courtyard, she realised that there was no one there yet, and only the room that had the kids inside had the door shut.

She sent a quick text to Taufiq to not come straight back, but to stay in the neighbourhood.

She frantically ran round shutting the door of every room to not raise suspicions if they were to come in here. Just as she bolted the last door shut, the front doors were broken open. Note even an attempt to warn her, her blood felt like it had frozen, and her body was instantly put on auto pilot after clarifying the fact that her life was on the line.

She doesn't know her opposition, she isn't prepared, she has no tactic to defeat them and no way of having an upper hand.

She scampered to where the two tall men in suits stood. Shoulders pushed back, hair knotted into a bun, chest puffed out.

She will go down, but she refused to let a hair on those kid's heads be singed.

She awaited to see who the ring leader of this hooligan.

Her heart trembled when she was saw yet another man walk in, his head shaved and bowed.

He stood in front of her, as if expecting her to say something. She stayed stubborn and silent, awaiting for his next move.

He slowly lifted his face.

Eyes met, hearts raced, disbelief and confusion bloomed in one's mind, joy and accomplishment bloomed in the other.

She stepped forward slowly, refusing to blink in case he were a dream. Her hand lifted to touch a new scar that trailed across his forehead.

Emotions took over as she grabbed him by the back of his neck and held him close to her, leaning her head against his.

He heard nothing for a few moments. Then her light sobs.

"Mikhail," his heart knew not of the bounds of his ribcage as he heard her voice the first time in over 6 years, "we did it."

Tears slipped from his eyes as well.

"Yes," he croaked out.

"Yes we did do it."

They stood in the arms of each other, rejoicing over their victories and weeping over their broken pasts.

Tears fell, hearts clashed and rejoiced.

A wave of euphoria washed over them. But as the author, is it really wise for me to ask you, the readers, how long they'll survive on this high?

He pulled from the embrace, brushing her tears away as for his own.

Attempting to steady his breaths, he lowered down onto one knee, swiftly pulling out a velvet box.

Clearing his throat he recited the words his heart had begged him to say for over half a decade.

"Alayna, during this treacherous time apart, after destroying all I had known. I was guided back to you and back to Allah. During this treacherous time apart, I've learnt what family truly means and I'd like to build one with you. During this treacherous time apart, I've come to terms with life that it's both the good and bad, and I'm willing to stand beside you during it all. During this treacherous time, I've been guided to religion that I only knew of through you and I'd like to practice it beside you. I've learnt who I am. A simple man who wants you to be his wife, so Alayna, daughter of Ayla Khan, will you marry me?"

His eyes earnest as can be, his fingers holding up a gold ring, his smile telling her all she knew.

She nodded her head, gasping in joy. She had a shot at happiness beside someone. She wasn't going to let it slide.

He slid the ring onto her finger, and placed a light peck on it.

"Now, come on. Let's go!"

"Where?"

"To get married!" He uttered with pure joy.

"Now?" She was shocked at his straight forwardness and eagerness.

"Right now!" He echoed excitedly, giggling like a little kid.

Kid!

"The kids!" She shouted and ran towards the room.

Confused, he stepped in her footsteps, yearning to be within close proximity of her at all times.

By the time he reached, she was stood in the middle of a crowd of miniature humans all asking for her attention with worry masked on their faces. He watched as she dealt with all of them, giving them hugs and words of affirmation. He watched as her face scrunched up in worry. He watched as the worry melted off their faces and was replaced with happiness. He saw her happiness, and an arrow of doubt seared his heart.

Should he have returned?

The years spent apart had moulded them into different people.

How was he supposed to know if she wanted him as much as he did? How was he supposed to know if he wasn't imposing himself upon her? How did he know that she wasn't going to accept him because she felt bad for him, he had after all returned with no place to call his home, no one to call his own.

How could he bring darkness to her brightened life?

There was no way of-

His inner monologue was disturbed by the one who was creating this storm of havoc within him.

His eyes shot up to meet her and he saw her beckoning him over.

He stepped, remember one foot in front of the other. His conscience mocked him as he remembered the incidents of the past. Everything had been done for good. The good of himself, his future bloodline and those that were heavily involved with the cartel. He had done all those crimes to make sure that they wouldn't be committed again. He had betrayed many times and been betrayed. He had killed, his hands had dripped with blood often. Did he deserve to hold her with these sinful hands?

He stood a small distance from her and her crowd of minions. Unsatisfied, Alayna yanked his arm to bring him closer.

"This is who I'm going to marry." She so proudly announced.

The kids looked at her shocked and then their beady gazes zoned down onto him.

One of boys leaned over to her pulling at her dress, when she motioned for him to speak he beckoned her to come to his level. Cupping his hand around his mouth and against her ear, he very poorly whispered, "Are you sure you want to marry him?" To which he received her melodious laughter as a response.

Then all the other kids piped up.

"He's got no hair."

"His shoulders are too big."

"His legs are too long."

"His face is weird."

"His eyes are too bright. They're blinding me!"

"His chin is weirdly shaped."

"He keeps giving me dirty looks."

"I think I should fight him."

"How exactly are you going to do that?"

"Eh, I don't know, I'll use my ninja skills."

Finally, a girl at the back spoke up.

"He could eat us all in one bite so I think you should shut up."

A burst of giggles exploded as they rejoiced in her joke, yet she stood quite serious with her arms crossed and talking to Alayna.

Eventually, they moved on and forgot about the brooding man stood in the corner.

Alayna sat alone, looking over them, attending to her phone every now and then. When he sat beside her, her eyes refused to budge from his face.

"What's wrong?"

"I still can't believe you're here!" She exclaimed with a beautiful smile.

They bathed in the memories of stolen glances, and enemies who enjoyed their presence. Of half-smiles and fastened heart beats. Of the nights when they would jump into a car and watch the bustling city of Karachi settle down for another night. They sat thinking of every event since they parted ways. Every happiness since. Every obstacle since.

He pushed himself to say it. The question who's answer might saw his heart in two. She was able to do anything to him, ruin him or make him. It was all in her hands.

"Are you sure you want to marry me?" He voiced his concerns.

She giggled and turned to him again, "Weren't you the one that proposed?"

"I know but-"

"But what?"

"We've become completely different people since. What if we've become each other's nightmares instead of ideals. Instead of the spouses we thought we'd be before we parted ways."

"Then we work for it, we try and try again. And if we don't succeed, we simply split ways."

"You'd be fine with a divorce?"

She hummed in response.

"I've been through a marriage once. I know what to expect."

His heart clenched as held her by the chin firmly and pulled her face in his direction.

"Look at me." Her eyes flitted up to meet his.

"Listen. I'll never treat you like he did. I'll place you on the golden throne in my heart. I'll never hurt you and if I do," he pulled aside his jacket and pulled his pistol from his waistband, "I'll place this exact gun in your hands and ask you to shoot."

Their hands brushed as he placed it in his hands.

"I'll fill every hole in your heart and pray for you in every breath I take. I'll sit beside you as time goes on. I want to be beside you during every happiness and sadness. I want to bring you heaven on earth. Allow me."

He whispered again, "allow me to enter your heart and stay beside you until we depart momentarily by death. I want you. Allow me to have you. Allow me to become yours."

The uncertainty that lightly clouded both their hearts had now lifted.

"I suggest you get me to sign the contract before I change my mind." She giggled.

He smiled in response, holding out his hand to help her get up.

"There's a car outside to take you to a salon. Go, get ready for our big day. No buts, I'll sort out everything else. Go." He lightly pushed her towards the exit of the orphanage. He sent all the girls with her, stating all of the girls were to be pampered as princesses, no matter how old they were.

The driver drove smoothly, avoiding potholes and careless pedestrians.

The unknown roads lead to familiar ones. Those of her childhood. Those of play and happiness. Those of a facade of the past.

Everything had been scratched out from history by her yet something pulled her to it.

"STOP!"

They all lurched forward with the impact of the sudden braking.

"Wait here, I'll only be a minute."

She trod over to the door she knew so well.

Her mind flashed through childhood memories as she pondered through the hallway.

She looked from room to room yet one certain one was pulling her towards it.

His room.

The room she would knock on in the midst of the night when she had a horrifying nightmare. The room she would run to to show him her test results. The room belonged to whom she thought she knew as her loving and gentle father.

It was still astonishing to see her father, the one that raised her so purely and with so much love, let his mask fall to the ground and show her how much of a monster he truly was.

She strode through the room, touching the shelves that held books, his table that held books. She didn't know what she was looking for yet there was something.

Her hands shuffled through papers, maybe she wanted to see something to show he wasn't all bad. That the parent who loved unconditionally, did truly exist in him. That the love he showered her in wasn't fake.

She pulled open his last drawer in his desk. There lied a phone, an old model. At least 10 years old. She pulled it out and pressed the power button to bring it to life.

Her eyes flickered to the time on her own phone. She should really get going yet her legs stayed stood. She wanted to see what was on this phone. Her fingers got to work, there was nothing interesting, nothing that stood out. Her finger hovered over the phone symbol, going against her gut, she tapped it. Nothing interesting again, until she noticed a voicemail - one that had been saved. So she played it, an unfamiliar voice spoke in the silence of the once - joyful home of Alayna Khan.

"I hate you, but guess what? I'm going to die anyway." A raspy voice filled her ears. "I'm going to die and you Ismail Hussain can't do a damn thing about it. I'm going to kill myself and my babies, because you deserve to die alone. I refuse to allow you to live in my head any longer, I refuse to let all of you fuck about with my life. I'm going to die and it's your fault that you didn't let me live."

Static buzzed and the voicemail stopped.

The only time she was able to hear her mother's voice. That too saying spiteful things.

She arose from her seated position on the floor and trotted to the exit of the house. Her hand enclosed around the brass handle and she slammed the door shut, both physically and emotionally. She needed to forget about this house that she had spent her first 18 years living in. It was time to move on. Start afresh.

The time had come to turn the page and start the next chapter, for her it was with Mikhail.

She sat in the car and soon enough she was being seated in a chair, as were the girls. He'd paid the staff to close down the salon for just her and the girls, and given a card to pay for whatever they wanted, he had sent the desired dress and that was his only request.

They ladies got to work, giving Alayna a range of choices for herself and then the girls.

Within a couple of hours, they had been pampered and glammed up. The ladies led her to the full sized mirror to reveal her final look.

She stepped slowly, the lehenga beautifully elegant. Her wrists adorned with bangles, her hands painted with henna, her hair had been curled to perfection and was let loose against her back and over her shoulder.

They let the curtains that covered the mirrors drop and stared in awe of herself.

A radiant wonder. She felt as youthful as ever. She took in every detail of herself, gushing over the fact that she felt beautiful. This wasn't the woman who succumbed before Zunair Rahman, this wasn't the girl that had been sold off for money, this wasn't the girl that had gone crazy after the demise of her son, this wasn't the girl that had killed one after the other to soothe her burning soul.

There she stood, a woman. Her body had matured as had her thoughts. She was an encapsulation of beauty. A woman who could wear her heart on her sleeve and still manage to guard it. A woman who could speak her mind, a woman who was well rounded in knowledge. A woman who could differentiate between good and bad. A woman who was willing to build a home with the man she believed wasn't going to return to her.

He returned, he surely did and her ran straight towards her.

*

She stepped out of the car, Mahnoor and Faiza each offering her a hand to get down in the heavily embellished gown.

She stepped forward grasping onto her bouquet of lilies, white roses and baby breaths majestically arranged.

The girls walked in front buzzing in happiness as they adored each others and their own clothes, hairstyles and nails.

They pushed open the doors of the orphanage and they all stood in awe.

He had managed to transform the entire courtyard. There was a magnificent flower partition in the middle, the floor was covered in a beautiful ivory sheet which had white pillows scattered across it. Tables had been set up with white rose centrepieces and golden accents. Flower arrangements everywhere made the courtyard look unbelievable as well as the unique light fixtures.

Her eyes bored to the people and her smile beamed.

Her phupi stood looking like a dream, her uncle Salman beamed back at her, Syed and his wife waved, as did Syed's sister and mother. Her brother, his wife and their kids. Her youngest aunt who she hadn't seen in years. Friends that she had made whilst on business trips. Employees that she worked closely with and had created good friendships with.

The girls lead her over to her side of the partition, and helped her take a seat, trying their best to sort out her dress. She could see the boys beaming in their white sherwanis. Her aunt came over to her, helping to set the dress to ease the weight off of Alayna. She took a step back and looked at her niece before giving her a light kiss on the top of her head.

"May Allah keep you happy, meri jaan."

Everyone else gathered around Alayna, throwing compliments and greetings. Syed threw in a joke of 'when is the food coming?' 'I'm hungry!' Which started an uproar of laughter.

The imam announced his arrival and they all began taking their seats behind her. She peeked through the flowers to catch a glimpse of him and his side.

He was no where to be seen.

She watched the imam take a seat to her left and in line with the partition. He asked for 2 witnesses to come up, she wanted her cousin to do that from her side, so she sent him up and he sent one of the men that came with him today.

And so the Nikah commenced.

He sat opposite her, both trying to steal glances of the other.

"Kya apko yeh nikah qubool hai?" He asked her.

She took a deep breath in and prayed with all her being, let this be be good for me Ya Allah.

And she answered him.

The same question was asked to him.

He accepted immediately.

He gave her the nikah contract to sign, and slowly she dragged the pen across the page adorning the dotted line with her signature.

He did the same and they were now officially husband and wife.

He pushed aside the partition to get a proper look at her.

The flowers swung back against him as his breath was stuck in his throat.

The woman sat before him was his wife.

His wife.

He bent on his knee and held her hand in his, her lowered eyes finally met his. They kept eye contact as he kissed her hand.

"I promise with all my heart, I'll try to keep the happiness on your face, I'll never let it slip. I want you forever to have this smile and radiant magnificence. I'll give you the life you have always deserved, even if I'm tasked with near-impossible task of bringing heaven to earth."

His hands lightly cupped her face as he kissed her forehead.

"We're going to build a beautiful life together, I promise you that."

Tears built up in her eyes, she had been listening to him and his promises.

"I can't believe we actually made it this far." She croaked out.

" I can't either, but know now I will never let you go. We've suffered too much too far apart. We deserve our euphoric high."

Hopefully it will last longer than you think, but let's be honest it's going to wear off one day.

So do you guys like my aesthetics?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 520 6
A love that's filled with venom. Nyke, once the best husband who used to give everything Rose wants and who can never see her tears. She is a queen...
894K 36.8K 103
Priya is an independent, beautiful Indian girl who flew to New York in order to escape from her obsessed villain. But she caught the eyes of Damon, a...
167K 5.1K 32
Pallavi became a wounded soul after the bitter past , which was gifted by her parents. She joined one of those prestigious B-schools , for taking ho...
2.4K 108 4
Amanda Monroe had grown up most of her life as an orphan. Then something unexpected happens one night at her job and loses her life. What she didn't...