Historically VIVID Grandmothe...

By moonlight_Delight

My grandmother, or Nanna to me, has passed away. My family has requested that I be the one to head to Nanna's... More

My Authors note
1. News we don't wanna hear
2. Sifting through a life
3. New information~all day 'erry day
4. The big fat sum of it all
5. Who What When Where Why HOW?
6. A lesson learned
7. Putting it all together
8. The strength of one woman
9. History presented differently
10. Journal that breaks hearts
11. The plot thickens
13. The truth about love
14. grief, tears and a baby
15. Learning Harolds doom
16. A Christmas family holiday
17. The Tragedy
18. Harold's Extermination
19. The aftermath
20. Epilogue

12. The plot thickens -Part 2

2 0 0
By moonlight_Delight

Once Anne managed to calm me down, I went into the restroom to blow my nose and splash some water over my face in an effort to feel better.
Pressure on my bladder makes me realise I need to sit, so I do and I can hear Anne bustling around the kitchen making tea.

Once done washing up, I tried to make the shapeless dress in grey that I was wearing sit a bit nicer over my pregnant body, but it proved to be impossible.
I ran my fingers through my hair in a attempt to improve myself presentation wise.

I head to the loungeroom and get comfortable on the cushion loaded couch I have. Only moments later Anne walked out of the kitchen with the tray I use for tea ladened with tea and biscuits with a floral smell emanating from it.

She put it on the short table in front of me and poured me a cup and added a lump of sugar to my cup before handing me the saucer.

After making one for herself, she sat on a single chair I have in the room with her spine straight and ankles crossed, the very picture of a demure, well-bred young lady.

Anne stirred her tea, clearly thinking deeply about my situation and choosing her words carefully.

"Do you think Mum and Dad should be notified? This is something that will effect them not to mention our siblings." She asked me.

"Anne, I don't want to tell them yet if I don't have to," I explained, "I want to move abroad and study teaching in University. My life won't affect theirs if I go."

Anne took this information on board and paused while taking a few sips of her tea.
She shook her head and sighed deeply before asking me, "What legal steps did you take exactly?"

I explain that it prevents the wife of my 'Gentleman' from taking my baby off me even in the event of my death. And how I had already managed to arrange a birth certificate for my baby with "Father unknown" on it under the Father slot.

Anne dipped her head at me in acknowledgement of what I had already done.
"And your Gentleman is supportive of the decisions you have made? He's helping you, or supporting you financially?" She asked me the logical questions.

"Yes, Anne. The nursery is almost complete with him having purchased most of the items. He flowers me in gifts for either me or the baby and constantly speaks to my stomach." I told Anne.

She smiled and nodded as if the sound of a man doing that was ridiculous. "I'm sure he's that sweet, Addy." She almost laughed out at me.

"He is! And if you're not here to help, Anne, then you are apart of the problem and you can leave. I have enough problems without you adding to them."

Anne raised her hands in surrender, just to placate me, I'm sure.

"Adelle," she started but then stopped and sighed before continuing, "I only want the best for you. I don't want you to get hurt nor look at the world with Rose tinted glasses on like Grace does!" Anne said.

I was starting to get upset with her and my knuckles were clenched next to me on the couch. I managed to grit out, "Anne, I think you should leave. I need to rest."

She nodded her head once, moved into the kitchen to to clean her cup and saucer and back in living room, Anne put her jacket on and prepared to leave.

"I will be back, Addy. Please take care of yourself and my niece or nephew." And with that, she was gone and my front door was being pulled shut.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

This pregnancy is starting to affect me in negative ways. I'm tired all the time, I can hardly fit more than a few bites of food at a time because my stomach is so large and the bathroom breaks! Gosh, so tiresome.

Yesterday, a postman stopped by with an urgent letter.

I knew straight away it was from my secret admirer and that it contained instructions on what I was to do next.

"Addy, Harold is to be eliminated. Ensure his attendance at a soon to be shared location on Sunday,17th December, 1967 at 1:00PM.
Mandatory. Love,
Your secret admirer."

My blood went cold.
Eliminated.

Can they force me to partake and cause physical harm to Harry?
Why a specified date and time?
Is there a hit man that's going to be waiting for Harry there?
What can I do to prevent this?

The postman was waiting to see if I needed to reply, but he took two or three steps towards me saying, "Miss? Are you alright Miss? Maybe you should sit down for a moment." As he led me to the nearest chair.

I sat.
Not a single way of helping Harry came to mind. I would need to communicate with my secret admirer.

I asked the postman to retrieve a pen and a piece of paper and quickly jotted down a note to my secret admirer to clarify what was to happen.

"My secret admirer, what do you mean, eliminated? You know he is the Father of my child, you cannot honestly expect me to participate in this madness, do you? What will befall him there? Love, Addy."

I sealed it within the pre-addressed envelope and handed it to the postman. "Please deliver in haste, it's important."

Once I closed the door behind him, big, fat, warm tears were running down my face and I had to force myself to breathe slowly before I devolved into complete panic.

The NDA legally prevents me telling Harry anything. Maybe I should get in touch with that lawyer who helped me before and see if he can get around the NDA or if there are any loopholes.

I cannot let the Father of my child be killed.

I have to see what I can do!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734K 18.9K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 β„π”Έπ•Š π•Šπ”Όβ„‚β„π”Όπ•‹π•Š" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...
96 18 10
In the wake of his parent's tragic demise, a usually zestful Dominic Gray finds himself consumed by grief, spending a majority of his time in the sol...
2.7K 539 19
Rumors. Infidelity. Lies. Secrets. MURDER. And all before lunch time. Who knew being a socialite in 1951 could be so thrilling? ~~~ On a lovely June...
355 74 15
[ONC 2022 SHORTLISTER] When Mal receives the wrong photobook in the mail, room mate Zomi convinces her to try to find Ce-Ce, the woman in the photogr...