One Piece (Male Reader Insert)

By YourMother72

(Y/N) (L/N) has always been treated like a monster. It could be because he ate something called a Devil Fruit... More

I- Gravebone Island
II- The Man with a Devil
III- Straw Hats
IV- Dark Past
V- Trust
VI- Clones
VII- Alabasta
VIII- The Gathering Storm
IX- Journey Through the Desert
X- Rainbase
XI- Captured
XII- Escape the Casino
XIII- Alubarna
XIV- (Y/N) vs. Ms. Obon
XV- Strange How Hard It Rains Now
XVI- Farewells
XVII- The Falling Ship
XVIII- Jaya
XIX- Noland the Liar
XX- To the Sky Island
XXI- The Sky Ocean
XXII- Skypiea
XXIII - Upper Yard
XXIV- The Battle Begins
XXV- (Y/N) vs. Xeren
XXVI- Battlefield
XXVII- A Miserable Existence
XXVIII- Rubber Is a God's Worst Enemy
XXIX- Reach
XXX- Back to the Sea
XXXI- The Long Island
XXXII- Groggy Ring
XXXIII- And Lo, An Admiral Shall Come!
XXXIV- Water 7
XXXVI- Captain
XXXVII- Wanted
XXXVIII- Assassins of the Government
XXXIX- Aqua Laguna
XL- On the Sea Train
XLI- Enies Lobby
XLII- The Break-In
XLIII- Live
XLIV- (Y/N) vs. Tsutsumi
XLV- Thunder God's Fury
XLVI- Rescue Robin!!
XLVII- No Escape
XLVIII- A Crewmate's Sacrifice
XLIX- Family Matters
L- New Bounties
LI- The New Crewmate
LII- Apology
LIII- Living Skeleton
LIV- Thriller Bark
LV- Big Ass Ship
LVI- Shadow Shenanigans
LVII- Monster Mash
LVIII- (Y/N) & Robin vs. Draqula
LIX- Group Fight
LX- Is This Damn Fight Finally Over?
LXI- After All Is Said and Done
LXII- Flying Fish Riders
LXIII- Sabaody Archipelago
LXIV- The Most Satisfying Punch Ever
LXV- Legacy of the Pirate King
LXVI- Eradicated
LXVII- Imprisoned
LXVIII- Impel Down Great Escape
LXIX- Thank You
LXX- Marineford
LXXI- Summit War
LXXII- Into the Plaza
LXXIII- Death
LXXIV- Escaping the War
LXXV- Aftermath
LXXVI- Let Us Meet Again Soon
LXXVII- Two Years Later...
LXXVIII- Under the Sea
LXXIX- Darling It's Better Down Where It's Wetter
LXXX- Fish-Man Island
LXXXI- Himbei
LXXXII- Down Go the Fodder Fish-Men
LXXXIII- (Y/N) vs. Kenji
LXXXIV- Towards the Sun
LXXXV- New World
LXXXVI- Punk Hazard
LXXXVII- Hot and Cold
LXXXVIII- The Confusing Body-Swapping Event
LXXXIX- Pirate Alliance
XC- Mad Scientist
XCI- Raising Some Hell
XCII- Stay Off Drugs, Kids!
XCIII- Hangovers and Alliances

XXXV- The Straw Hat Fall Out

3.8K 150 46
By YourMother72

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

When (Y/N) had calmed down, Chopper helped him out of Zurra's building.

Chopper: Don't look at him, (Y/N). Let's just get out of here.

(Y/N): Damn it...

He tried his best not to turn to look at Zurra.

Sanji glared at the bald man, clearly furious.

Sanji: You're going to pay for doing that to him, you shithead.

Zurra: Did you not hear what I said earlier?

Sanji: I don't care!!

He kicked Zurra in the chest, sending him flying backwards into a wall. He coughed up blood.

Sanji: That was for all of your shit talk back there. I can do so much worse to you for sealing the devil in him.

Zurra wiped his mouth and smirked.

Zurra: You're going to kill me? You'll never be welcomed back to Water 7 again. Why do you care so much about (Y/N) anyway? He's clearly not all there.

Sanji kicked Zurra in the face again.

Sanji: Don't insult him, you bastard!! He suffered so much because of you!! He's a strong person!!

Zurra's lip was bleeding. He stared at Sanji, a smile still on his face.

Just then, someone jumped at Sanji, swinging a scythe. The blonde boy jumped back.

A woman stood in front of Zurra, scythe gripped in her hand. She had long black hair.

???: How dare you attack Zurra!

Sanji's cheeks dusted pink. The woman was really beautiful. He shook his head. This wasn't the time to fall for another pretty lady.

Zurra: <standing up> He's fine, Jezebel. He was just on his way out. <to Sanji> Right?

Sanji grit his teeth. If he was going to kick Zurra's ass, he would have to deal with the woman, Jezebel, first, and he couldn't hit a lady.

Sanji: Tsk. You're lucky, you son of a bitch.

He turned and walked out of the building.

Jezebel: Are you all right, Zurra?

Zurra: I'm fine. It seems (Y/N)'s made some great friends.

Jezebel: It's quite incredible for a devil host to form such strong bonds.

Zurra: Indeed. I wonder what his dear father would think. Now, where's Ahab?

Jezebel: I think he's at the mask shop. He really likes them.

Zurra: <rolling his eyes> Go get him. It's almost time for us to pay the rent. He needs to advertise.

He pulled out a huge sign that said: "Come to Zurra's Magic Shop."

Jezebel sighed.

Jezebel: Considering the horrible things we do, it's kind of pathetic that we need to resort to this to get money.

Zurra: Just go get him. We need to avoid the Marines for a little bit longer.

...

(Y/N) was staring at the water silently as the yagara bulls traveled towards the Going Merry.

Sanji: I'm sorry about all of that, (Y/N). I can't imagine how tough that must've been for you to hear.

(Y/N): And I'm sorry you had to see me back there. God, I'm so pathetic.

Chopper: No, you're not!

Sanji: Don't say things like that. You're a really strong person. You've been through so much. Remember, we're here for you, okay?

He and Chopper smiled at (Y/N), who couldn't help but make a small smile himself.

(Y/N): Thank you... It's just... I don't want to believe that that's how Aimi truly is.

Chopper: Me too! She was so nice to us back on Gravebone Island.

Sanji: I would say that asshole was lying, but she did tell us way too much personal stuff about you back there, now that I think about it.

(Y/N): I guess I was blinded by having someone who actually took care of me, that I ignored that...

He thought back to his life on Gravebone Island. All of his good memories before joining the Straw Hats were with Aimi. How could she...?

Sanji: How about I make some food when we get back? Luffy and the others should already be back too.

(Y/N): I'd like that...

...

The three boys stared at Zoro, in total shock. They were on the Going Merry.

(Y/N): Is that true?

Zoro: That's what the shipwright said.

Sanji: This ship...

Chopper: It can't be fixed?! Even if we have the money?! Then...what'll we do?!

Zoro: Well, ultimately it's up to Luffy and the other two to decide. I'm sure the three of them will come up with some solution back at the shipbuilding site.

Sanji: But he can that be? It sounds so drastic? I mean, the ship looks the same as always. From the East Blue to here, it made it across the sea just as we did!

Zoro: Humans become stronger and more resilient each time they cross the sea, but ships are different. They accumulate stress and damage.

(Y/N): Remember how bad the ship was on Gravebone Island? That probably caused most of the damage. Stoman also said something about how he didn't know how much longer the Going Merry would last.

Sanji: It just sticks in my craw! I wonder what Usopp will say when he hears about this...

Chopper: I love the Going Merry!

Zoro: We all feel that way, but we can't change reality.

(Y/N): First Robin goes missing, then I encounter Zurra again, and now there's this problem. Damn, what a bad day...

Zoro: Sorry about that meeting by the way. It sounded like it was horrible.

(Y/N): <sighs> I just need to sit down and clear my head.

He pulled out his golden tea set and drank some tea.

That's when Nami showed up.

Nami: Hey, guys!

Chopper: Huh?! Nami's back!

Sanji: Huh? She's alone... What happened to Luffy and Usopp? <to Nami> Nami-swan, did something happen?!

Nami explained how Usopp had been attacked by a group ship dismantlers called the Franky Family, and that they stole the 200 million berries he had with him from the exchange of the Skypiea gold.

The four men immediately went out to where Nami had left Usopp, while she stayed behind to protect the ship and just in case Robin comes back.

As the boys traveled in the yagara bulls, Sanji looked at (Y/N).

Sanji: Are you sure you should be coming with us? You've been through a lot.

(Y/N): I'm not going to let those bastards get away with this. Besides, maybe I could use them to take out some of my built-up frustration.

The group arrived at where Nami had said Usopp was but all they found was some bloodstains.

Sanji: Usopp isn't here! But this is where Nami said he'd be...

Chopper: Usopp!

Zoro: Are you sure? Maybe this is the wrong spot.

Sanji: We're not all directionless like you! Now shut up! 💢

(Y/N) walked over to the bloodstains.

(Y/N): No, this is the spot. Look, this is blood.

Chopper: Oh.

Sanji: That idiot moved?!

Zoro: He wouldn't have...!

Suddenly, Luffy came falling out of the sky. He hit the side of a building and rolled into the canal. He started struggling.

Luffy: Help me!!

Everyone: Luffy??!!

Sanji pulled him out of the water.

Sanji: What the heck are you doing? Where'd you come from?!

Luffy: <coughing> I was copying that guy from the shipbuilding center and jumping around looking for Usopp.

(Y/N): <sweat dropping> What are you talking about?

Luffy: Oh, yeah, guys, terrible news! Usopp's been abducted, along with the money!

Sanji: We know that! Come on, we're going to the hideout right now.

Luffy: Why?

(Y/N): Usopp probably blamed himself for being beaten up and having the money stolen, so he most likely went to confront this Franky Family all alone.

Luffy: What?!

...

The five boys stared down at Usopp's beaten body. He was bleeding and bruised heavily. Tears stained his face, but he didn't move.

Sanji: Is he breathing, Chopper?

Chopper: <checking him> He's not dead! I can save him. But he's completely unconscious!

Luffy: Usopp, hang on.

Sanji lit a cigarette, Luffy cracked his knuckles, Zoro put on his bandanna, (Y/N) cracked his neck, and Chopper (in human form) growled.

The five of them stared at the Franky House in front of them.

Luffy: We're gonna go demolish that ridiculous house!

As the five got closer, they could hear the laughing and shouting coming from the people inside of it.

The door opened, revealing a huge man. He stared at them, confused.

Lufffy stretched his arm back and punched the man in the face, sending him crashing through the door and into the house.

Everyone gasped and stared at the five boys.

???: That's... That's Straw Hat Luffy!!

A huge man walked over to them.

???: Bwa ha ha! So you've come to take the money back? How stupid. Do you see how many of us there are? The five of you are nothing against us! Bwa ha ha ha! But, here you are. Word is, you got a bounty of your head. So why not leave your head with us?

???: This's that long-nosed wimp's captain!

The other men began to laugh.

???: So he can't be that tough!

???: Bring it on, short stuff!

Luffy: Gum-Gum Cannon!!

Luffy jumped and punched the huge man, knocking him out.

The Franky Family began to shoot cannonballs at the five boys, but Zoro cut through the cannonballs and the cannons.

Sanji, (Y/N), and Chopper started attacking a bunch of the random fodder, easily defeating them.

One guy with spiky black hair held up his hands.

???: W-W-Wait... Please wait, guys! It's the money, right?! You want it back?! The 200 million berries that weirdo had, right?! Sorry, but the money's not here anymore! The boss, Franky, went shopping with it! He's probably on the sea train by now. He's not on the island, and I don't know where he goes to get stuff on the black market! So, basically, no matter how much you rough us up, you won't get the 200 million berries ba—!

(Y/N) shot a lightning bolt at the man, electrifying him before getting punched in the face by Luffy.

???: Aah!! Zambai!!!

Sanji: Don't talk. It's not about the money anymore.

Zoro: Yeah, it's too late.

Luffy: Get ready to have every bone in your bodies broken.

In the end, the five boys defeated every single Franky Family member and completely destroyed the Franky House.

Chopper began to tend to Usopp, while the others talked.

Sanji: So, should we go after this Franky guy?

(Y/N): We don't even know where he would be.

Sanji: What a pain. Looks like they really don't know where the money is. Even if we string up this Franky guy, he might've already spent the money.

Zoro: What now? We can wait around, but he might not be back for a while.

Chopper: Hey! I finished giving him first aid! I need him on a stretcher. Give me a hand!

(Y/N): We should go back to the ship.

Sanji: Yeah. Nami's waiting for us. And there's Robin too...and then there's the problem with the ship...

(Y/N) looked over at Luffy, who was staring off into who knows where.

(Y/N): Luffy!

Luffy: The ship... I've decided. We'll say farewell to the Going Merry.

...

It was now evening. Everyone (except Robin) was back on the Going Merry.

Chopper: Hey! Usopp is awake!

Luffy: Really? That's great!

(Y/N): <looking around> Robin hasn't returned...

A bandaged Usopp tearfully hugged Zoro's leg and kept on apologizing for what happened.

They all explained to Usopp what happened.

Usopp: So you didn't get the money back...

Luffy: <laughing> Well, until this Franky guy comes back, we won't know if we can. And even if we don't get it back, we still have 100 million! No worries!

Sanji: Geez, how could you be so rash?! At least you're still alive...

Nami: <to Luffy> It is a worry! It's our money!

Usopp: I'm sorry... But how about the ship? Will 100 million be enough to fix Merry? We came to this big shipbuilding center to get her repaired. We need them to make her strong enough to handle all our upcoming voyages...

Luffy: Well, Usopp... I've decided to switch ships. We owe a lot to the Going Merry, but this is as far as she'll sail.

Usopp looked completely shocked.

(Y/N) handed Luffy a catalogue of new ships. He began to flip through them.

Luffy: So I've been looking at some ships to replace her. If we have 100 million, we can get one that's even bigger, though it'll have to be secondhand.

Usopp: Hold it, hold it. You can stop joking around now. So...we don't have enough money now to repair her? All because I get the 200 million stolen?! There isn't enough, is that it?! I guess top-notch shipwrights charge a lot more...

Luffy: Look, that's not it!

Usopp: Then explain! Don't hold anything back!

Luffy: I'm not holding back! Getting that money stolen has nothing to do with this!

Usopp: Then...why'd you bring up the idiotic idea of changing ships?!

Zoro: Hey, you two—shouting at each other won't solve anything. Speak calmly!

Usopp: How can I be calm when he says such stupid things?!

Nami: Hey, this is important, so explain it one thing at a time.

(Y/N): Oh, god...

Luffy: I thought it over carefully before I made my decision!

Chopper: Usopp, you'll relapse... Don't get so excited!

Luffy: <shouting> The Going Merry can't be repaired any further!!!

Usopp's eyes widened.

Luffy: She just can't be fixed. I wouldn't be telling you this if there were any other way.

Usopp: But it's our ship... The ship we're on right now!

Luffy: Yeah, this ship, which is about to sink!!

(Y/N) and Nami looked at each other, concerned.

Usopp: What're you saying, Luffy...?

Luffy: It's true. That's what they said at the shipbuilding center. They said she won't even make it to the next island!

Usopp: Hoo... I see... She won't make it, huh... A bunch of guys you never met before convinced you of that, and you just came back here?

Luffy: What?!

Usopp: A bunch of supposedly first-rate shipwrights told you she's had it! This ship we journeys on together... Over every wave! In every battle! This venerable mate that accompanied us through it all!! And you're not gonna lift a finger... You're just going to abandon her in a place like this?! Is that all this ship means to you?! Luffy?!

He began to cough up blood.

Chopper: Usopp, you shouldn't yell like that!

Nami: Usopp...

Luffy: Well, then, you're the expert?! This crew doesn't have a carpenter... That's why we went to those guys to check the ship!

Usopp: So forget it! Don't bother asking people like them! I'll fix 'er up like I always have! That's how we've done it so far, right?

Sanji: Hold on, Usopp!

Usopp: <standing up> All right! Let's get to it! I'll need your help too, guys! Oh, yeah, we don't have enough lumber. I'll have to buy more at the shipbuilding center. I'm gonna be busy!

Luffy: You're not a ship's carpenter! Usopp!!

Nami: Luffy!

(Y/N) put his hand on her shoulder.

Usopp: Yeah, that's true. So what? Just remember this—they call themselves specialists, but to them, it's just someone else's ship... They'll write it off without a second thought. Well, I just don't trust them. It's our ship and it's up to us to protect it. That's the lesson here!! <shouting> I will never turn my back on this ship! Are you all crazy?! You got taken in by a bunch of big-time shipwrights just cuz they talk smart?! The Luffy I know would see through their sales pitch and have faith in the Going Merry's strength! But instead, you've gotten all old and made an idiotic decision like that?! How can you call yourself the ship's captain?!

He grabbed Luffy by the shirt.

Usopp: I misjudged you, Luffy!!

Nami: Hey, wait, Usopp! Luffy felt that way at first too...

Luffy: Be quiet, Nami! I've made my decision! Nothing you say will change my mind! We're gonna change ships! We will part with the Going Merry here!

Usopp: Not likely! I won't allow it!!

Sanji: Hey, guys, calm down! You won't get anywhere if you're both upset.

Usopp: Now, listen, Luffy. Not everyone is able to be optimistic like you and always look forward. I can't turn my back on an injured comrade and go back out to sea!!

Luffy: Shut up! You can't compare a ship to a human being!

Usopp: They're the same! Merry has the inner strength to keep on living! But knowing you, you're already excited about the next ship! You were just pretending to care about Merry!

(Y/N): How dare you even suggest something like that, Usopp!!

Luffy pushed Usopp to the ground and pinned his arm down.

Luffy: Cut the crap!!!

Nami: Luffy!

Luffy: Don't think you're the only one taking this hard! Everyone on this ship feels the same way!

Usopp: Then there's no way you'd abandon her!

Luffy: All right then! If you don't like my way of doing things, you can just take this opportunity to...!

Sanji kicked Luffy in the face, throwing him off of Usopp.

Sanji: You idiot!! Luffy, what were you about to say?! Cool down, or you'll end up saying things you'll regret!!

Luffy: Oh... Sorry, I didn't mean...

Usopp: No, it's all right, Luffy... That's probably how you really feel.

Luffy: What?!

Usopp: Just get rid of useless shipmates one after another! If you're gonna abandon this ship, why not do the same with me?!

Sanji: Usopp, quit talking nonsense!

Usopp: I'm serious. I've been thinking about this for a long time now... Frankly, I can't keep up with the monstrous powers you guys possess! Like today... I couldn't even guard the money. And I know I'll just be a burden on you guys. You don't need weak shipmates, right?! <standing up> Luffy, you're gonna be the pirate king, right? I don't have any such high ambitions for myself! Looking back on when I first went out to sea, you guys just invited me on the ship. That's our only connection! There's no sense in traveling together when we have completely different views!

He started walking off the ship.

Sanji: Hey, Usopp, where are you going?!

Usopp: It's my own business where I go. I'm...I'm quitting this crew.

Nami: <shocked> But... You can't! Wait!!

Sanji: Hey, come back!!

Zoro and (Y/N) both remained silent.

Chopper: <tearing up> Huh? Huh? Don't go!! Usopp!!

Usopp: I can't follow you anymore... Sorry to have been such a burden. You're the captain, and this ship belongs to you... So, fight me for her!! If I win, I'm taking the Going Merry! Monkey D. Luffy... FIGHT ME!!!!!

Luffy glared at Usopp.

Usopp: Tonight at 10:00! I'll be back. And we'll duke it out with the date of the Going Merry at stake. It's all over between you and me!

...

(Y/N) sat at a table flipping through the book on devils he and Chopper bought.

He needed to take his mind off of the coming fight between Luffy and Usopp. What a mess. How could this happen?

His (E/C) eyes landed on a paragraph in the book.

"Devils are thought to be able to enhance the already negative feelings of people just by being around them. Sometimes, those feelings can overflow to the breaking point leading to serious consequences."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. Was the devil sealed within him responsible for all of this? Does that mean it's (Y/N)'s fault?

(Y/N): <thinking> No, no. It couldn't be... This is just conjecture written by someone who never encountered any devils... Right?

If (Y/N) wasn't here, would Usopp still have left the crew and challenged Luffy to a duel?

Usually, (Y/N) expected the devil to speak or laugh or do something, but there was not a sound.

The (H/C) haired male flipped through the book some more, trying to get those thoughts out of his head. He read another paragraph.

"In the beginning, a devil will usually talk to the host in a familiar and almost human-like way in order to see if they can gain some sort of trust with the host. However, that talk and voice is all just a façade. The devil's true demeanor is different. It is entirely inhuman, and when it no longer speaks to the host in a human-like way, the devil resorts to other tactics to get what it wants."

(Y/N) grit his teeth.

"The devil is now in its true state of being, a creature of pure destructive evil. While it talked to the host, it most likely sounded like a person with major anger issues, impatience, and impertinence, it is important to note that that is not how devils truly act. Like it was stated earlier, that is just a façade. The true behavior of the devil begins to reveal itself to the host. It is calculating, cunning, ruthless, and unstoppable. No longer will the host hear a human voice in their head. It will be inhuman whispers that will plague the mind, which is unable to discern what it is truly saying. That is when the true danger of the devil emerges."

(Y/N) shut the book. He covered his face with his hands.

(Y/N): <thinking> Damn it... Damn it! <out loud> DAMN IT!!!

He slammed his hand on the table.

He could hear faint, inhuman whispers in the back of his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.8K 2.8K 34
In the world where there is pirates sailing through the seas, searching for the treasure called "The One Piece" which was hidden by the pirate King n...
136K 1.7K 31
Y/n, was an ordinary person who lived a normal life. One faithful day, he was taken by the Celestial Dragons. As a slave he worked so hard that he fo...
7.3K 209 6
Yandere One Piece Characteres x Godzilla reader So.... What if you eat a devil fruit that is so powerful that you become a creature like Godzilla? Wh...