Leap into stardom (Dance Moms)

By Storiesforyou20210

Y/N Edwards is an 8 year old girl from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is a self-trained dancer and is helped b... More

Season 1 episode 1: "The Competition begins"
Season 1 Episode 2-"Wildly inappropriate"
Season 1 Episode 3-"Cheerleader blues"
Season 1 Episode 5- "When stars collide"
Season 1 Episode 6- "Dying to dance"
Season 1 Episode 7- "She's a fighter"
Season 1 Episode 8-"Love on the dance floor"
Season 1 Episode 9- "From ballerinas to show girls"
Season 1 Episode 10- "Cathy brings it on!"
Season 1 Episode 11- 'It all ends here'
Season 1 Episode 12- 'There's only one star'

Season 1 Episode 4- "Stealing the show"

3.4K 54 3
By Storiesforyou20210

It was a new week and Abby invited us back to join the team and the next competition.

Abby: Let's talk about Starbound competition. Can we have a round of applause?

We all clapped and cheered

Abby: Brooke, you blew them away. The people around me in the audience were in awe when you did your handstand twist. But why all the drama with the hip, if you are seriously injured, you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody worked up, you come to me and that needs to be clear. Yes?

Abby: I want to talk about this week's competition.

Abby turned the chalkboard around.

                                                                   Brooke

                                                          Y/N Maddie Chloe

                                                 Nia Paige Mackenzie Vivi

Abby: Do you see there's somebody new on top? Yes, Brooke, you are here because of your performance. You worked through an injury, you did what you had to do, you were a team player. And you guys can see that Y/N is second on the pyramid, you won your category, and I think you could have won the higher category if you danced in it. Brooke, you're getting a solo this weekend and so, are you Y/N. All right, Chloe, Maddie, you are also getting solos this weekend. The bottom row, what am I supposed to do with you four? You need to step it up. You need to get your butts back into class and start working on your technique. And you know what since word Pittsburgh this weekend, I'm going to get every single one of you a solo. Moms, it's going to busy week. I expect them to be amazing. Do you understand? Yes? Sit up straight. Ladies let's go.

Third person's POV

During the lunch break the moms went to a restaurant down the street.

Christi: So, how old is Y/N?

Danielle: She's 7

Christi: So, she's in the mini division.

Danielle: Yes

Holly: She dances very maturely for her age

Danielle: Yeah, she loves watching older girls dance at competitions, and she's always asking for mature dances to do, but she loves it, so I'm not going to stop her.

Christi: So, what'd you guys think of the competition this weekend?

Cathy: It was far away. Too far away.

Christi: I mean, we sat there. At least you got to go home.

Cathy: You're right I did.

Kelly: Yeah, that wasn't fair.

Cathy: Well, you know what, this is how I feel about that, ladies. We're in this for a different reason, and we don't need to have a cheering section. And we probably will be leaving at the competitions. I'm sorry.

Holly: That's upsetting for us, because I think we all care about the kids and those dancers

Christi: And if you don't want us to be cheerleaders that's fine but I like supporting the other kids.

Cathy: When you say I like that that's your like. It's not my like. I like you guys, but I don't want to be your cheerleaders.

Y/N's POV

Abby was calling us in one by one to do our solos, once Nia was done it was now my turn.

Abby: Hello, you ready to dance?

Y/N: Yeah

Abby: Let's get started, this week your dance is called 'Stairway to heaven' it's a lyrical dance.

I started learning the dance, I had a few corrections, but nothing to big mainly just to straighten my legs and point my feet. After my lesson, I found an empty studio and decided to practice my routine and fix my corrections.

The next day, I had a private with Abby whilst the other girls were at school, I guess this is a good thing that I'm home schooled because I can dance more.

Me and mom walked into the studio and was greeted by Abby.

Abby: Hi, you ready to get started.

Y/N: Yeah

Abby: Go get ready sweetheart, I want to talk to your mom.

I walked into the den and got ready. Then I went into the studio and started stretching whilst waiting for Abby.

Third person's POV

Y/N went into the den to get ready. Whilst Abby and Danielle stayed at the desk.

Abby: I want to put Y/N in for another solo. And I want to put it in the Junior category against the girls, because we know she can win the mini division against Kenzie and Vivi. I want to challenge her and see if she can dance in the Junior category and win.

Danielle: I'm fine with it, you might want to ask Y/N, but there's no doubt she will say yes. But I am worried about the mothers, they are not happy that Maddie is doing two and now Y/N's doing two.

Abby: Don't worry about the mothers, we will say that you were signed up to the competition before you came here, simple. Now let's get moving.

Y/N's POV

As I was stretching Abby and my mom came in.

Abby: You stretched and ready to get started.

Y/N: Yep

Abby: Okay, how would you feel if you learnt another solo to compete this weekend.

Y/N: Really?!

Abby: Yes

Y/N: I would love to; can it be tap?

Abby: You tap?

Y/N: Yeah, my dad's a tapper.

Abby: Wow, the whole family are dancers. Get your tap shoes and show me what you got kiddo.

I showed Abby a tap dance I learned months ago. And I could Abby was impressed by the look on her face.

Abby: That was amazing, you're even better than Maddie, can you perform that this weekend?

Y/N: Yeah

Abby: Good, let's practice and clean up both your dances.

After two hours of practicing both dances, Abby decided it was time for lunch, so the three of us went to a diner close by.

Abby: Y/N, what do you want to do when you're older?

Y/N: Either on Broadway or in a movie

Abby: Well, if you keep on improving like you are now, you will definitely get there.

After talking some more and finishing our food we headed back to the studio just in time before the others showed up.

Third person's POV

The moms were sat in the dancer's den with the girls that weren't in any of the studios. When Melissa walked out of the den, Christi started talking.

Christi: Did you know Maddie's doing two solos?

Kelly: No.

Christi: Melissa just sat here while you were on the phone and said that Maddie's doing two solos.

Kelly: Who decided that? Abby or Melissa?

Christi: They probably got together over lunch and talked about it.

Danielle: I just want to say before you get the wrong idea, Y/N does have two solos as well because I entered a solo for her before we came here, and she wants to perform it because her dad is coming to watch, and he doesn't get to see her a lot because of his job.

Christi: That's a valid reason to have two solos, and considering you entered it before you came here, it's you who entered in, not Abby.

It was the day before competition and Abby was doing an acro class which annoyed some of the mothers and competition was tomorrow and some of the girls weren't ready for it.

Christi: now we're doing acro?

Holly: Yes, can you believe it?

Christi: We are supposed to be competing new solos, and she needs to get these kids who are dancing this weekend to rehearse their solos. It's 7:30

Holly: It's the night before a competition.

Kelly: So obviously she's not going to perform very well when she's the youngest age in the category and she has no music.

Christi: And she hasn't had any super-secret privates.

Kelly: Exactly.

Holly: When are we gonna start running dances? Let's get started.

Kelly: You know what, guys? This ridiculous. I'm going down and getting Paige and telling her to run her solo with Emma. I mean, otherwise we might as well go home.

Christi: Good, and then pull Brooke in after and then put Nia in and then I'll bring up the rear.

Holly: I like that attitude.

Kelly: It's ridiculous.

After a bit of arguing between the moms, Abby talked to them in the den.

Holly: Are they gonna be able to continue running their solos with you, Abby?

Abby: Maddie had a half-hour private with Matt Saffron her tap teacher, today. Y/N had a half-hour private with Gianna. Chloe came in today. Emma worked with her.

Christi: But she's learning a whole new dance.

Holly: There's no way that because she ran it twice to new music that she's gonna be able to compete on Saturday. I'm worried about that.

Abby: Everybody in town is going to this particular competition. So, I want my best foot forward. Is this preparation for an audition? Yes. Is this good for all of them? Absolutely.

Y/N's POV

It's finally competition day and I am so excited. We arrived at the studio at 6:00am, so we could get on the bus to get the competition. I was even more excited that my dad was able to find time to come watch me this weekend.

We were on the bus traveling to the competition when Abby started calling our names.

Abby: Nia?

Nia: Here.

Abby: Mackenzie?

Mackenzie: Here.

Abby: Maddie?

Maddie: Here.

Abby: Vivi-Anne?

Brooke: Not here.

When we go to one of those long bridge things Abby said.

Abby: Here we go girls. Hold your breath, arms up.

After some time, we finally got to the competition and found our dressing room.

Abby: Girls, break a leg. Please make me proud out there, all rightie?

At this competition they do all the solos of the same style together such as all the tap solos one after another and then lyrical solos on after another. Today, tap was first which meant me, and Maddie are dancing first. My tap solo is in the junior category whilst my lyrical is in the mini category, so I hope I can at least win one of the categories today. Maddie went on before me and I will say that she is very good which makes me nervous, but I didn't let that phase me as I just want to dance.

Announcer: Next up we have an advanced junior tap solo. Please welcome Y/N with 'Little me'

As I was dancing I saw my dad in the back which made me do better.

After I performed I went straight to the dressing room to change into my lyrical costume. After I changed I went to the audience to watch the others, before I met up with the team I stopped to see my dad.

Chris: You did amazing sweetie; you didn't tell me you were doing a tap solo.

Y/N: I wanted it to be a surprise.

Chris: Well, it was an awesome surprise. You excited for your next solo.

Y/N: Yep

Chris: You should probably get back to your mom and I will see you later okay?

Y/N: Yeah, love you, daddy

Chris: Love you too, sweetie.

After seeing my dad, I went down to the team and sat next to my mom. We watched to other girls, some did well, but I was sad for Paige because she forgot her dance.

We all went back to the dressing room so we could practice and get ready before the lyrical section. This time I was dancing first as I was in the mini category for this dance.

Announcer: Next up, we have an advanced mini lyrical solo. Please welcome Y/N with 'Stairway to heaven'

After I danced, Maddie and Chloe danced.

After a day full of dance, it was time for awards.

Announcer: All right, now it's time to announce our overalls for our advance mini soloists. I will announce the top-ten highest scoring advanced mini solo entries that we have seen today.

The announcer had got to the top 2 and I still wasn't called which made me nervous as Mackenzie was called and placed 4th and Vivi placed 10th.

Announcer: Your highest scoring mini solo of the dance is... Y/N with 'Stairway to heaven'

I won the mini category, and it feels great.

Announcer: Now it's time to announce our overalls for our advance junior soloists. I will announce the top-ten highest scoring advanced junior solo entries that we have seen today. Here are out top four. Fourth place overall, that's Chloe with Mother. In Second place overall, that's Maddie with Cry. And our first place overall top-scoring advanced junior soloist, receiving a $75 check and the trophy is 'Little me' that's Y/N. Congratulations.

I just won the mini and junior category which is awesome.

Me and girls all ran towards our moms backstage after the awards. First I hugged my mom and then Abby hugged me

Danielle: You did amazing sweetie; I can't believe you won both.

Abby: Y/N, you were amazing, you definitely deserve the win.

Danielle: Let's go get your stuff and then you can go see your dad, I bet he's really proud of you.

Third person's POV

Abby: All right let's go.

Christi: Abby, I think we need to talk.

Abby: No. You are not going to ruin this day for me.

Everyone got to the dressing room, and the moms started shouting.

Christi: We need to talk Abby in the hallway now. Are you kidding? I'm a paying client, and you won't speak to me.

Abby: no nothing is worth that much money.

Christi: Now we don't want to ruin the waited victory.

Abby: I'm not ruining today.

Danielle: Y/N, come get your stuff, we are leaving now. We don't need to be a part of this.

Christi: Abby, we need to go in the hallway.

Melissa: Don't be doing this in front of my daughter, Christi.

Christi: We can all go in the hallway 'cause I tried to talk to you, and I tried to talk to you personally.

Melissa: I'm not going anywhere; my daughter is happy.

Christi: Let's all go in the hallway. Do you want to talk about all the things that need to be talked about.

Abby: Not here, not now.

Christi: Because you won't talk about it, and you won't talk about it.

Melissa: You're making my daughter cry, so shut up!

Christi: How many times has my daughter beat your daughter this year? The weight was stacked against everybody this weekend because of you did it!

Melissa: Get out of here now!

Christi: Let's go! Let's go!

Melissa: Bitch.

Danielle: Y/N, let's go, your dads waiting.

Christi: Your kids feel bad, but it doesn't matter that my daughter...

Abby: Your daughter is holding a national title, and I with take it away in a minute!

Christi: Don't take it away; I'll leave you studio.

Abby: That's fine, where you gonna go?

Everyone started leaving the dressing room after the big blow up.

Y/N's POV

We got outside to the parking lot, and I waved goodbye to the girls since they're taking the bus and we have my dad's car.

Danielle: I'm really proud of you for today, sweetie.

Y/N: Thanks mom, I wanted to do my best and win for dad.

We got to my dad's car and put my stuff in the boot before getting in.

Y/N: Hi dad

Chris: Hey princess, you did amazing today. I'm so proud of you.

Y/N: Thank you dad.

Chris: What do you say about going somewhere to eat and have dessert to celebrate afterwards?

Y/N: Yes, that would be awesome.

Chris: You deserve it, princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 15 27
Cameron Miller aka Cam is the 17 year old adoptive son of dance teacher Abby Lee Miller, who runs a studio called the Abby Lee Dance Company. Follow...
21.9K 319 109
Ahh a dance moms fan fiction 7 year old Alyce (Uh-lee-sss, guys not Alice) is super excited when she learns her dance studio is going to be on tv. Bu...
16K 253 29
Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when she is put on the competition team with...
2K 111 29
Paige Hyland, despite her history of reality TV, was a normal college student. She turned in assignments when they were due, and took her exams in he...