π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜ 𝗔𝗑𝗗 π—–π—’π—™π—™π—˜π—˜...

By leehaebaragi

[ COMPLETED ] ❝I love you a latte.❞ Huang Renjun is a part-time barista at a small coffee shop and Lee Donghy... More

prologue
characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten

epilogue

333 20 17
By leehaebaragi

It's 5PM and Renjun smiles, looking at the clock. Minjeong taps his shoulder, telling him she's leaving as her shifts ended already. He just nods and waves at her before she finally leaves the café.

In the next minute, the bell chimes and the screen door swings open. Two persons enter the café; it's Saerim and Donghyuck.

"Hello, to my favorite barista!" Saerim greets, standing in front of his counter. "The usual, please!"

Renjun stares at her and creases his forehead a bit. He feels bad because he couldn't remember what's 'the usual' for Saerim. "I'm sorry, but what's the usual?"

"Oh." Saerim pouts, "It's Caffuccino Latte."

"Ah!" Renjun nods, "Of course! Yeah, sure. Caffuccino Latte. I'll note that." He smiles a bit before pressing it into the monitor. "Anything else?"

"Nothing else! Dine in. I brought a book and I want to read it here since it's quiet and peaceful here."

"Sure. We're closing in two hours, just to remind you."

"I know." Saerim grins. "Here's the payment, by the way." She slides the money on the counter and Renjun grabs it and puts it on the cash register.

"Alright, I'll serve your coffee in a bit."

"Thank you! You're literally the best!" Saerim giggles before sitting at a table to start reading the book she brought.

Donghyuck, who just observed what happened, finally hops at his boyfriend's counter.

"Hello, to my favorite barista," Donghyuck mocks in whisper, raising an eyebrow. "Tch. While all smiley and giggly. What the heck!"

Renjun laughs and pinches the younger's cheek. "Don't be like that."

"Can't help it, sorry." Donghyuck pouts.

"What would you like for your order tonight?"

"You."

Renjun blinks. "Aside from me."

"The usual, please!" Donghyuck says, imitating the way Saerim said it.

Renjun grins, "Sorry, but what's the usual?"

"French Vanilla Latte!" They both said in unison then laugh after. "And ham and cheese bread roll."

"Baby!"

"I'll keep that in my mind... and heart."

"Now you're talking."

Renjun giggles before pressing his boyfriend's order onto the monitor. "Dine in?"

"Take you out."

"Shut up!"

Donghyuck laughs, "Yes, dine in." He places his payment on the counter. "Here."

Renjun picks it up and puts it carefully in the cash register. "Okay, I'll serve it in a bit."

"Thanks, pretty." Donghyuck winks before leaving. He sits at the table and watches his boyfriend make coffee.

While Renjun is working, he keeps looking at Donghyuck, smiling from ear to ear. The latter enjoys the blushing face of his boyfriend as he clumsily makes coffee.

As Renjun finishes, Donghyuck's still observing him. He would never get tired watching him working so hard—especially with a blushing face and clumsy behavior knowing that Donghyuck's here watching him. Donghyuck enjoys that.

Renjun walks toward Saerim's table to serves her coffee. She places down her book and smiles at him, "Thanks, Renjunnie!"

"Enjoy your coffee... and book."

"I will, because you made it."

He chuckles and manages a smile. He likes it enough when someone says they like the way he makes the coffee that makes it so delicious—especially coming from his boyfriend.

The door opens and a customer enters the shop. He goes straight to the counter and Renjun bows, telling him to wait a moment.

He then serves Donghyuck's order next. He places them on his table, smiling. "Enjoy your coffee, sir!"

"Thanks, Renjunnie!" Donghyuck imitates Saerim again.

Renjun laughs, playfully rolling his eyes. "You're welcome! And if you don't mind, I'll go serve another customer."

"Sure, but first," Donghyuck pouts and points at his lips. Renjun shakes his head, his eyebrows furrowed. "Come on!"

"No!"

"Later?"

"Not, either."

"Aww." Donghyuck sighs and looks down. Renjun laughs and ruffles his boyfriend's hair.

"I'm working, baby."

Donghyuck suddenly raises his head and looks up at Renjun. "So, later?"

Renjun nods, "Yeah."

"Okay! Fine for me."

Saerim smiles slightly upon witnessing the scene, before continuing to read the book.

"Welcome to Bunny Café! What can I serve you?"

"Matcha Latte, please, for take out."

×××

7PM strikes and Saerim stands up, her book closed with a bookmark on the last page she's just finished reading. He walks to the counter where Renjun's wiping the coffee machine.

"Hi, Renjun-ssi! I'll go ahead now," she announces. "Oh, and... is he your boyfriend?" she asks, quickly pointing at Donghyuck who's scrolling through his phone.

Renjun looks at Donghyuck, smiling fondly. He looks back at her and nods, "Yes."

"I knew it!" she expresses, "You two are so cute together. And the way you call each other baby, gosh, I'm gonna melt! He's so handsome and you're so pretty, what a perfect combination! Stay strong to your relationship, I'm rooting for the both of you."

"Thank you, Saerim-ssi."

"No problem!" She chortles. "I'll go ahead now. See you soon!"

"Bye."

When Saerim finally exits the coffee shop, Donghyuck walks up to Renjun and leans on the counter. "Hey, beautiful!"

"Later, Hyuck. Help me and clean those tables, why don't you?"

Donghyuck salutes at him, "Right away, my princess!" Renjun chuckles at the nickname.

After everything has cleaned up and organized, the lights have been switched off as well, Renjun stretches his body. Donghyuck then wraps his arm around his boyfriend's tiny waist.

"Come on now, please. I've been waiting!"

"So impatient!" Renjun flicks the younger's forehead.

"Ouch!"

Renjun giggles as he grabs his phone, wallet and keys from the counter. "Let's go!"

"Yey!"

They walk to the door and Donghyuck flips the sign from open to closed. The two of them finally exit the shop with Renjun locking the door.

"Where are we going?" the older asks.

"Secret."

Renjun puffs out air as they cross over to the other side of the road.

Donghyuck suggests to walk but Renjun insists that they should take a taxi. They had a playful argument while walking before deciding to just walk since they're already doing it.

They've been walking for almost 30 minutes now and Renjun starts to feel tired. "Where are we going, really?"

Donghyuck laughs, "Just few walks left and we're there."

"We've been walking for so long, my feet hurts! Let's take a taxi!"

They stop and Donghyuck bends down to offer Renjun a piggyback ride. The latter doesn't hesitate and jumps onto his boyfriend's back, holding onto him tightly. Donghyuck holds him under his thighs and continues to walk.

Another 30 minutes had passed and they finally reached their destination. The amusement park. Donghyuck bends down for Renjun to get off his back. The older suddenly slaps his boyfriend on his arm.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Donghyuck exclaims, carressing his arm.

"We should've taken a taxi! Oh my God, Donghyuck, you just tired yourself walking for 1 hour while having me on your back," Renjun cries, "Are you okay? Does your back hurt?"

"I'm fine! Don't worry about me. I told you, I'm used to walking long distances."

Renjun pouts, "Well, not me." He sighs. "But thanks for letting me ride your back."

Donghyuck smiles and nods, "Anything for you, pretty."

"Baby!" Renjun hugs him and kisses both of his cheeks. "I'm sorry for slapping your arm. And I'm always thankful for you, for everything. I know you're busy in medical school, but you still have time to hang out with me. I appreciate you so much!"

They start to walk towards the ticket booth. Donghyuck speaks. "I'm just afraid that when I turn 3rd year and 4th year in medical school, I won't have time with you. I want to savor all these moments with you while I still can."

Renjun fondly stares at him. "I don't want the time to come when you won't have time for me anymore. I don't think I will be able to live my life without spending time with you. But I know it's inevitable, and just remember that I'm always here, even if you don't need me."

"I like you."

"I like you more."

They smile at each other. Renjun holds back his tears and interlaces his fingers through Donghyuck's.

When they arrive at the ticket booth, Donghyuck buys two tickets. After that, they walk to the entrance and the lady there takes their tickets and rips them in halves before returning the other halves to Donghyuck.

They finally enter the park and they go straight to the carnival to play games.

They played almost every game in the carnival. Renjun won himself a Kuromi plushie and a teddy bear stuffed toy. And Donghyuck won himself a bucket hat and a couple necklace, to which he gave the other half to Renjun.

They also went to some rides; Extreme Tower, Rollercoaster, Bumper Cars, Carousel and Ferris Wheel. They also went to Haunted House where Donghyuck was laughing the whole time as his boyfriend, Renjun, kept screaming inside the house.

"I don't want to go to Haunted Houses ever again!" Renjun ranted and Donghyuck just laughed at him. "Stop laughing! What the fuck!"

"Sorry, sorry! You're so cute! Come here, let me hug you."

Renjun glared at him but hugged him anyway.

It's already past 11PM and they haven't eaten anything. Renjun feels like collapsing anytime, and his knees are starting to get weak. Donghyuck has him in a piggyback ride again as they find some place to eat in.

They find a bibimbap restaurant, and since they're really hungry, they enter inside, Renjun getting off Donghyuck's back.

×××

Renjun sighs as they leave the restaurant. "I'm so full!"

"Me, too. Come on, let's sit down on a bench." Donghyuck suggests and Renjun agrees by nodding.

They walk again for little bit until they find the nearest bench. They sit next to each other and both sigh of relief.

"What time is it now?" Renjun asks, placing his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Donghyuck looks at his watch, "It's almost 1 in the morning."

"Oh my God!" Renjun raises his head in shock, "Really?" Donghyuck laughs, nodding. "It's good thing I don't have work tomorrow—I mean, later. Do you have something to do later, you know, like school works?"

Donghyuck nods. "It's fine, I can just do it in the afternoon. I want to spend more time with you, Injun-ah."

Renjun smiles at the nickname. He really likes the name his boyfriend gave him and he will treasure it forever. "Don't overwork yourself, okay?"

"Yeah."

Silence filled their surroundings. Just the sound of their breathing and their in-sync heart beats. Renjun closes his eyes, enjoying the quiet and peaceful atmosphere, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Donghyuck smiles and intertwines their fingers together.

"I have something to give you."

"Mhm?" Renjun looks up at him, "What is it?"

Donghyuck pulls out something from his pockets. It's a small velvet box. Renjun observes as the younger opens the box and a bracelet is revealed. It's a personalized bracelet with letter beads that spell out 'I ♡ U a latte, Injun.'

"I love you a latte—Oh my God!" Renjun wholeheartedly laughs in amusement. "It's so pretty! And the colors are combination of yellow, white and brown. I love it!"

Donghyuck giggles, "Did you, really?"

"Yeah!" Renjun kisses him on the lips, "I love you a latte, Donghyuck."

"I love you a latte." Donghyuck gives his boyfriend a kiss on the lips as well.

Renjun giggles. "Come on, come on, wear it on me!" He excitedly extends his arm towards Donghyuck and the latter happily wear thr bracelet on his wrist. "It's so pretty!"

"I'm really glad you love it, baby. Took me three days to make it."

"Your time and effort for making this are so worth it because it's you and I love this so much! You're the best!" Renjun hugs him, laying his head on his chest.

Donghyuck hugs him back and closed his eyes, resting his chin on the top of the older's head.

"Baby," Donghyuck calls, "Are you sleepy?" He felt Renjun nods through his chest. "Shall we go home now?" Another nod. "Is it okay with you if we walk again to our apartment?"

"I'm tired." Renjun says in a muffled sound. "M' feet hurt."

"A piggyback ride, then?" Renjun nods again. "Alright, let's go?"

Renjun gets his head off his chest and looks at him pouting. "I was just starting to relax into your chest."

"You can do that later. My place or yours?"

"Yours."

"Sure, then. Come on, let's get up!"

"Haechannie?"

"Yes, Injunnie?"

"I love you."

"I love you so much."

Donghyuck gives his boyfriend a piggyback ride and Renjun closes his eyes once he gets comfortable on his back, hugging him tightly.

"Honestly, my feet hurt now as well. But for you, Injun-ah, I'd do anything."
-

A/N

Another mini RenHyuck book of mine has ended! I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing this! Thank you so much, you all are wonderful, 우리 햇빛 <3

If you're looking for more RenHyuck fics, you can visit my works :D See you next time!

- Elly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 9.2K 45
NCT Mafia AU [l.dh + h.rj] Not everything is as it seems. Lee Donghyuck and Huang Renjun discover this the hard way in a tale of convenience store n...
28.2K 1.7K 24
[ COMPLETED ] ❝did we swap bodies?❞ in which boyfriends donghyuck and renjun swapped bodies and they try to figure out how did it happen and how do t...
10.9K 441 34
Haechan is in love with Renjun and has been forever. He's flirtatious but losing hope. Renjun is the cafe owner where Haechan spends most of his days...
26.3K 1K 20
jeno and jaemin work in a cafΓ©. renjun likes hot chocolate and boys. sequel to plushies.