FreeTheLGBT: Contests & Promp...

By FreeTheLGBT

Official contest and writing prompts book for FreeTheLGBT. Grab a cup of hot choccy and join us for a great t... More

Contest & Prompts Introduction
It's Samhain [Closed]
Pride Festivals & Japan [Closed]
Caption Your 2023
Roadmap To Self [Closed]
Your Pride, Your Choice [Closed]
Bite-sized Love Buffet [Closed]
Write to Survive contest - Mark of Destiny [Closed]
Trick or Treat [Closed]
Valentine's Day Contest [Closed]
Secret Santa [Closed]
๐ŸŒฟ Underneath the Mistletoe ๐ŸŒฟ [CLOSED]
National Coming Out Day [CLOSED]

Sakura Blossoms [Closed]

420 15 4
By FreeTheLGBT

Cherry Blossom in Japan has its roots in history and nature. This key moment of transition in nature marks the celebration of Sakura generally from the end of March to April. Sakura means "Cherry Blossom", which is our theme for this wonderful collaboration contest.

Sakura brings a time of renewal and optimism. It has seen many stories unfold, and sometimes it brings up legends around the tales. In these months of blooming Sakura, we also want to give you a refreshing journey. Because isn't this one of the best moments to give life to your ideas?

AmbassadorsJP [Host]

action

anime

FoodKart

FreeTheLGBT

FreeThePOC

lowfantasy

WattpadAsianFiction

WattpadESL

WattpadFestivals

WattpadHornsandHalos

WattpadKDramas

WattpadMilitaryFiction

WattpadMulticultural

WattpadShortStory

WattpadWitches

AmbassadorsJP [Host]

Hanami. It's just the time of flower viewing in Japan. On the way back to your home, you stand before the tree and find the traces of memory you were looking for.

action

The cherry blossoms fall to the ground between you and the samurai, but all you focus on is the sharp edge of their katana. You knew the day would come when you could no longer run from your past.

anime

A picnic under the cherry blossom trees, with sunlight falling through trees (komorebi), is your idea of a perfect date. But your date doesn't show up.

FoodKart

Solo traveling makes you want to explore the quiet historical villages of Japan. First on the list, eat in a quaint ramen shop as the cherry blossoms fall from the trees, signifying the start of spring.

FreeTheLGBT

The cherry blossom trees remind you of renewal. That is what brought you to Japan, to connect a new story to your life.

FreeThePOC

You've been working on a masterpiece for an art competition, but something seems to be missing. As you think, you suddenly get dragged into the ancient times where you get surrounded with deities / kamisama. What would you do when they tell you to finish the painting of the Sakura Goddess to get back into your time?

lowfantasy

You moved to Japan very recently. But from the month of March, you find yourself waking up under the cherry blossom tree every time you sleep near a window of your house. You thought you were sleepwalking until you found something else under the trees.

WattpadAsianFiction

Years after you move away from your hometown, your job brings you back to the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto. However, what awaits you isn't the spectacular view, it's your first love.

WattpadESL

You had a long day. On your way home, a child gives you a flower of Kanzan. And your day takes a turn that you never expected.

WattpadFestivals

This Spring Night

Ending with dawn

And cherry blossoms

(Matsuo Bashō)

WattpadHornsandHalos

Don't be fooled by the beauty of blooming cherry blossoms, for the Oni lurks in cherry tree shadows.

WattpadKDramas

Being in a famous KDrama keeps you on your toes, but when you go to the US, you go as a commoner. Enjoying life with less paparazzi is peaceful until you receive a small box with a fresh cherry blossom and a letter. The contents of the letter tear you apart. Will you go back to Korea before the end of the cherry blossom? What is the meaning of a cherry blossom in a box?

WattpadMilitaryFiction

Ancient kodoku magic is causing all of the holy cherry blossoms to wilt, causing riots and misfortune. With the oath to protect the city, three ancient samurai come together to save the day before it's too late.

WattpadMulticultural

You have always dreamed about visiting Japan during the Cherry Blossom Festival, and this year your dream might come true as long as you are willing to embrace the change that will follow.

WattpadShortStory

"Just be very, very quiet. My Sobo said that, when we listen closely, we can hear the cherry blossom tree in our backyard talk."

[Sobo 祖母 = grandmother]

WattpadWitches

When Spring is at the doorstep, and the crown prince gets possessed by a fox, it brings chaos in the months of Sakura. But you notice the signs of Kitsunetsuki, and thus you...

❋ The contest will run from March 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2023 [EST]. Any entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.

❋ Your entry must have 2000 - 4000 words.

❋ To submit a story for this contest, please publish the story on your profile and fill in this FORM.

❋ All stories should be written exclusively for this contest.

❋ You can submit only one entry per prompt. And for each entry, you have to submit the form separately. The entry can be a standalone story or published as a part of an already existing collection of stories.

❋ We are accepting English and Japanese entries for this contest.

❋ We encourage you to include diverse and LGBTQIAP+ themes in your stories if you want to do so. You can write in any genre as long as it follows your chosen prompt from this contest chapter.

Your story must present any/some Japanese elements. And as the contest is for celebrating the Cherry Blossom, please include cherry blossoms in your story elements in any form.

❋ Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Creativity and relevance to the prompt will be taken into consideration during judging.

❋ No mature stories will be accepted for this contest. If you're not sure what classifies as mature, please check out Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

❋ Please make sure your entry(s) follows Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

❋ You can share the link(s) to your entry in the comment section so readers can check out your work. It is optional.

For all participants:

We would like to thank all of our participants with a little something. Feel free to use this sticker for your contest entry. Download the English sticker here.

For the Japanese sticker, click here.

For English winning entries:

➪ A shoutout from the profile(s) where the entry won.

➪ A special sticker.

➪ If the winning entry is a standalone story, it will be added to the reading list of the profile for which the entry was written.

➪ The winning entries will be added to the anthology of the participating profile for which the entry was written.

For Japanese winning entries:

➪ A shoutout from the profile(s) where the entry won.

➪ A specialized sticker.

➪ The winning entries will be added to the AmbassadorsJP's reading list if the entry is standalone.

➪ The winning entries will be added to the anthology of AmbassadorsJP.

From AmbassadorsJP:

➪ All the winning entries in both English and Japanese will receive a shoutout and a feature in the reading list.

➪ A feature in the anthology for all winning entries.

If you know someone who would like to try this contest, tag them here. Let the word spread so we can make this contest successful with you.

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 1.9K 46
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ง๐ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐š ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ/๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ-๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ/๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
79.2K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
200K 10.1K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
100K 3.7K 21
ููŠุตู„ ุจุญุฏู‡ ูˆุนุตุจูŠู‡ ู†ุทู‚: ุงู† ู…ุงุฎุฐูŠุชูƒ ูˆุฑุจูŠุชูƒ ู…ุงูƒูˆู† ูˆู„ุฏ ู…ุญู…ุฏ ุงู„ูˆุฌุฏ ุจุจุฑูˆุฏ ูˆุนู†ุงุฏ : ุงู† ู…ุงุฑูุถุชูƒ ู…ุงูƒูˆู† ุจู†ุช ุชุฑูƒูŠ !