Adeline (A Theodore Laurence...

Door sadblueberry

When Adeline found herself in the world of the Little Women, she is concerned with three questions; how did s... Meer

Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

13

1.1K 50 3
Door sadblueberry

"You say it's not supposed to be, tell me not to waste my time. This was never up to me, but if it was I wouldn't mind." Like This by Shawn Mendes

It was a beautiful day to go to the beach, and the March sisters were thrilled to dress in their sun clothes and bask in the light of spring. Laurie had insisted on hosting a gathering between a British family he knew and the March sisters. 

"It is my pleasure to introduce Fred Vaughn and his sister Kate Vaughn. And of course, you know Mr. Brooke," Laurie smiled at Meg who bowed her head to hide her blush. 

"This is Meg, Addy, Jo, Beth, and Amy," Laurie introduced the March sisters, his eyes lingering on Addy for a second, noting how sweet she looked with her beach hat on and her hair wisping around in the wind. 

"So please to meet you," Fred smiled warmly at the girls, and Amy's eyes perked up. 

"Oh, how elegant! Remember the name Amy March, I'm going to come find you one day in London," Amy giggled, infatuated with the British gentleman. 

"Oh, I certainly will!" Fred chuckled as Amy pulled him along the beach. The group fell in step, Meg getting to know Kate with John following close behind her like a puppy dog. Beth and Marmee had set up on the beach on a blanket and Adeline plopped next to her, scooping her in a hug. 

Before long Amy returned to the blanket, beginning to draw the figures playing along the shoreline, and Jo came to collect Addy to play in the water with her. 

"Remember your first summer with us when you and I would spend all of our time in the river?" Jo reminisced with Amy, thinking about last year and the fun they had. 

"How could I forget, you attempted to drown me every five minutes," Addy chuckled, grabbing onto Jo and trying to whip her into the waves. Laurie joined them, chasing the girls with the threat of throwing them in the water. 

Jo continues to look back as Meg and John are flirting, smiling intimately at each other and standing close as they speak. Jo is annoyed at this and Laurie notices, sneaking up behind her. 

"I know something you don't know!" He whispered, trying to run away. Jo grabs onto his sleeve as Addy chuckles.

"Tell me this second!" Jo demands as she and Addy block him from escaping. 

"Has Meg perhaps mislaid a glove?" Laurie smiles devilishly and Addy giggles, staring back at Meg and John. 

"Mr. Brooke has it? How do you know?" Jo whisper yells, narrowing her eyes at Laurie. 

"Saw it."

"Where?"

"Pocket." 

"All this time?"

"Yes, isn't it romantic?" Laurie's eyes flickered to Addy

"No, it's horrid!" Jo scoffed and Laurie furrowed his eyebrows. 

"I thought you'd be pleased?" Laurie questioned Jo. Addy placed an arm around Jo, sighing. 

"I am," Addy smiled as Jo shrugged her off. 

"At the thought of someone coming along to take Meg away? No, thank you," Jo huffed, rushing down the shoreline further away. Addy thought for a second. 

"Well, I actually do agree on that point," Adeline nodded, chasing after her sister. 

"You'll feel better about it when somebody comes to take you away," Laurie teased Jo. 

"I'd like to see anyone try it!" Jo hollered as Laurie chased after her.

"So would I!" He laughed, picking Jo up and spinning her around. Adeline felt as if she was intruding, so she walked her way back to Amy and Beth sitting on the blanket. Laurie noticed Addy's absence immediately, staring after her before Jo splashed him with water. He gasped, turning to her and chasing her down again. 

-----------------------

Marmee is rushing through the house, packing her things as she prepares to go visit her injured husband who is waiting for her in Washington. 

"Is Jo back from Aunt March's yet?" Marmee asks as Hannah helps with packing her things. 

"No, I haven't seen her," Amy speaks quietly, frightened for her Father. Adeline is packing as well but stops for a moment to soothe Amy. 

"I can't miss the last train," Marmee mumbled, bundling up her bags. 

Mr. Laurence and Laurie enter the house, both with worried looks. 

"What can I do?" Laurie asks, giving Beth and Amy quick hugs before noticing Addy rushing around the house. 

"If I may be of more assistance, please tell me. I will look in on the girls every day, without fail," Mr. Laurance placed a hand on Marmee's shoulder as she thanked him sincerely. Adeline continued to grab things, not being phased by anyone in the room. Marmee looks worriedly at her daughter, which Laurie notices. 

"Addy," he calls quietly. She ignores him and continues rushing, grabbing useless things.

"Adeline," he tries again, a little louder. She does not notice again as she begins closing Marmee's bags, preparing them for her. 

"Del," he says firmly, grabbing onto her shoulders and forcing her to look him in the eye. She begins to tear up and Laurie drags her aside, soothing her gently. 

"What's the matter, my Del?" He asks gently as she shakes her head. 

"I cannot lose him without ever having met him. I have not had a Father in years and I cannot lose him," she mumbled as Laurie pulled her close. 

Meg came running around the corner, bumping into Mr. Brooke who had just entered the house. 

"Oh- I'm sorry," Meg blushes, looking up at John. 

"I came to offer myself as escort to your mother. Mr. Laurence has commissions for me in Washington, and it will give me real satisfaction to be of service to her there," John nods before Meg suddenly rushes to kiss him on the cheek in gratitude. John is stunned as she smiles up at him, saying thank you. 

"While I'm gone, Hannah is in charge- and please remember to check on the Hummel's, it will be a difficult winter for everyone..." Marmee instructs as Jo rushes in the door, handing her Mother some money. 

"Will this be enough for the train?" She rushes, out of breath. Marmee gasps. 

"$25? That isn't like Aunt March to be so generous," Marmee holds the money carefully. 

"I didn't go to Aunt March, I couldn't bear to," Jo shrugged as everyone looked confused at the young girl. 

"Where did you get the money?" Marmee asked.

"I only sold what was my own," Jo rips off her hat, causing the room to explode with comments about her short cropped hair. 

"Jo!"

"Why did you do it?"

"What?"

"Your hair!"

"Your one beauty!" 

"You look like a boy!"

"Oh hush! She has done a great thing for Father, all of you need to be kinder!" Addy spoke up from under Laurie's arm. Jo nodded gratefully at her sister. 

"Thank you, Addy. It doesn't affect the fate of the nation, so don't wail," Jo scoffed, taking her place next to Marmee. She leaned in close to her daughter, whispering praise of how selfless she was and how great her sacrifice would be appreciated. 

"I was just crazy to do something for Father. It will be good for my vanity, anyway," Jo shrugged, hugging her Mother close. 

Jo runs to Laurie and gives him a large hug, knocking Addy out of his arms. She doesn't mind and knows Jo and Laurie will make each other feel better, but Laurie sure minds. 

They ruffle each other's hair and giggle about how they look like twins. 

"My girls, I love you more than words can say. Be good to each other. Pray for Father's recovery. I will come back as soon as I can," Marmee addressed her girls, smiling with tears in her eyes as they all ran to hug her. 

Once she had departed, the rushing in the home seemed to come to an end. Meg stared out the window, almost as if she could still see John and her Mother departing. Amy sat on the couch, unusually quiet and polite as she stared at the floor. Beth and Jo sat together at the piano as Beth played and Jo placed her head on the young girl's shoulder. Laurie watched as Addy walked to each of the girls, giving them affection and whispering words of encouragement. He thought she was so brave for always giving up her own desires for others. It brought him back to the night he met her and all she could worry about what how Jo felt. 

Once the evening came, the Laurences stayed for supper and helped to calm the girls enough for bed. As Laurie was about to follow his grandfather out the door, he turned to see Addy leaning against the wall, staring at the floor. 

"Do not sacrifice your own feelings for others. You are so brave, but you deserve more than that," Laurie whispered to her, causing her head to snap up and look into his eyes. She nodded slowly, giving him a small smile as he nodded at her. 

After they had left, the girls prepared for bed and kissed Hannah goodnight. After laying for over an hour beside Meg, Addy realized she could not sleep. She got up only to notice that Jo was gone and the door was open just a crack. She snuck out to find Jo sitting on the top of the stairs, sobbing quietly. Adeline rushed to her sister, hugging her tightly. 

"Oh, Jo. Is it Father?" She asked, worried that Jo had finally cracked. Jo shook her head violently. 

"It's... It's my hair," Jo sobbed into the girl's shoulder, causing Addy to hush her gently, petting her head. 

"I would feel the same, too. Just because you are sad that your hair is gone does not make you any less brave or strong," Addy soothed, rocking Jo gently in comfort. Jo greatly appreciated having her feelings acknowledged and normalized, which was something she was not used to. 

Addy began crying as well, causing Jo to look up. 

"What is the matter?" She asked.

"I... I know I have never met your Father, but I also have not seen my own Father in years, and I just... I cannot lose another Father without ever having met him," Adeline whispered, and Jo's heart broke for the girl. 

"He is your Father too. You are a March sister. You have every right to be upset," Jo tried validating her sister's feelings, liking how it felt. The two girls sat on the stairs crying and comforting each other in their most vulnerable times.

AN: Aw, I love Jo and Addy together.  

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

16.4K 417 14
Lilith Laurence is Laurie's well known sister for her beauty,nothing else.The March's come close with the two Laurence's but one certain blonde falls...
965 48 8
"I will never understand why you hideaway, for it's you that I never want to hide from." Monica Elwein sees herself as second to Jo March. Despite t...
818K 26.1K 40
"When I fall in love, it will be forever." Little Women Theodore "Laurie" Laurence Based on the 2019 movie Little Women. >> own nothing START...
101K 2.4K 52
"First romance, first love, is something so special to all of us, both emotionally and physically, that it touches our lives and enriches them foreve...