The forbidden hunter

By ribshot

A lone hunter experiences memory loss while stowing away in a food delivery truck, now he must explore the ci... More

the forgotten hunter
chapter 2: school memories
chapter 3: team assemble
chapter 4: memory and training
chapter 5: new home with mind
chapter 6: honor and test
chapter 7: work and time
chapter 9: rotten eggs, reopened file
chapter 10 suspects, threats, and love
chapter 11: mission case
chapter 12: clue in fighting
chapter 13: fighting with your allies
chapter 14: dangers of knowing
chapter 15: the after fall

chapter 8: the grimm detective and the foul fangs

7 0 0
By ribshot

It was morning for Cas, he had no work from school or from his job, he was free.

He'd placed his clothes back on from the previous night, his jeans, shoes, his shirt, his trench coat, and more importantly his sunglasses.

As he was about to leave, he grabbed his notepad, to see what he previously wrote, "the recent robberies", "the white fang" and "Penny".

Hmm, i'm going to look for Blake, she's been talking to that stowaway faunus, but there's also Penny, I don't know who might be more concerned, Cas said.

As he left his dorm ready for the day, ruby walked up to him.

Hey Cas, we can't find Blake, you ran after her, do you know where she is? Ruby asked.

Cas thought telling the truth would only cause more of a stir than helpful, so he had to lie to her.

Sorry, i couldn't catch up to her, her dashing ability out performed me, Cas lied about.

Shot, well you tried, ruby said.

He then walked away to see his friends talking to each other.

Hey guys, what are you talking about? Cas said.

Nothing really, just some tactics we could perform on missions, you? Nairi said.

Have you seen blake? He responded.

No, why do you ask? Nick said.

Well there was this stowaway faunus at the docks, but as we followed him me and team Rwby encountered a girl named penny and she's kinda strange, Cas said.

Strange as in...? Aniki said.

Like she's not human, her words, her movement, her responses, they all aren't human like. I know she and ruby are instantly friends, it's something i'm concerned about, but that's two cases in the same day, i need your help, Cas pleaded.

Sure, we might help, the Penny case might only need one person, while three of us will go on the Blake case, Nick said.

I'll take the Penny case. I've been actually looking for new friends, Nairi said.

Then that means us three men look for Blake, I actually know where they're going, Cas said.

Soon Cas, Nick, and Aniki went to a cafe to see Blake and the stowaway faunus talking to each other.

Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks, the faunus said.

Smooth talking pal, Cas whispered to himself.

Sun... are you familiar with the White fang? Blake asked, causing Cas to look up.

Of course! I don't think there's a faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want, bunch of freaks if you ask me, sun said.

I was... once a member of the white fang, Blake said, which made Cas take his glasses off.

She was a member? Cas whispered lower.

He then heard Sun coughing on his tea.

Wait a minute, 'you' were a member of the white fang? Sun questioned.

That's right. I was a member for most of my life actually. You could almost say I was born into it. 

Back then, things were different, in the ashes of war, the white fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and faunus, of course, despite being promised equality, the faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser. And so, the white fang rose up as a voice of our people.and i was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. And I actually thought we were making a difference... but I was just a youthful optimist... Blake said.

This made Cas think that the faunus were treated the same but less than his kind, people despised, looked down and killed.

Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that used faunus labor. And the worst part was? It was working. We were being treated like equals... but not out of respect... out of fear, Blake said.

So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress, Blake said.

So... have you told your friends any of this? Sun asked.

Only one, Blake said.

Who? Sun said.

She then looked behind her to which she spoke.

Cas, I know you're hiding behind there, blake said.

Just as she said that Cas stepped out of hiding.

Guess I should have talked in my head, I'm sorry for eavesdropping on you, you and the stowaway on that ship, I thought he was bad news, but I never knew you'd have a similar backstory, Cas said.

Similar? Blake said.

Long ago, many people were capable of a ability that allowed anyone to harness grimm, many failed to control it, made people fear us and hate us, making us disappear, now only me and two other people still stand to this day, i want people to know that us grimm hunters don't need to be erased from this world, Cas said as he left the cafe to prevent aniki and nick from being called out.

Meanwhile Nairi was walking alone Vale looking for Penny.

Hmm, Cas never told me what she looks like, maybe ruby might know, She said.

As she walked around she noticed Ruby walking around looking for blake. But she also noticed a girl with orange hair, she knew it had to be Penny.

Hey there girls, Nairi said walking over.

Oh hey Nairi, Ruby said.

Who is this? Penny said.

Oh I'm Nairi Farrell, I'm friends with this girl, and you might be my friend too, Nairi said.

Really, I'm Penny, it's a pleasure to meet you, Penny said.

Haha, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Nairi said seeing that Penny is quite strange to what Cas said.

So what are you two doing out here? Nairi asked.

We're looking for Ruby's teammate, Penny said.

Really? Have you got wind of her? Nairi asked.

No, but Penny told us that Blake is a faunus, Ruby said.

Blake? A faunus, you mean people with animal looks on them? Nairi said.

Meanwhile Cas, Nick, and Aniki were tailing the two down a street, both Nick and Aniki advised to keep it real quiet because of Blake's hearing.

So, what's the plan now? Sun asked blake.

I still don't believe the white fang is behind these robberies. They've never needed that much dust before, she responded.

Just then Cas hid behind a wall and pulled out his notepad to catch some info from their conversation.

What if they did, I mean... the only way to prove they didn't do it, is to go to the place where they would most likely go to if they were to do it, and not find them there... right? sun pointed out.

What Sun said made Cas agree to it, if you were to rob a bank, you most likely need a hideout to hide from the law.

The only thing is, I have no idea where that would do, Blake said.

Well, while I was on the ship, I heard some guys talking about offloading a 'huge' shipment of dust coming in from atlas, Sun said.

Shipment... the docks of vale! Those ships can carry bus sized deliveries across sea! Cas said in his head.

Meanwhile Nairi, Ruby and Penny were walking around while Penny and Ruby talked a lot.

So, Blake is your friend? Penny asked.

Yes, Penny, said getting annoyed.

But you're mad at her? Penny asked again.

Yes! W-well, i'm not, Weiss is, Ruby said.

Is she friends with blake? Penny said.

AAGGHHH! Penny, why are you asking so many questions like a toddler? Nairi said in annoyance.

I'm sorry, Penny said.

No, it's my bad, it's just, my mother would often ask me so many questions why i did something, Nairi said.

Meanwhile Cas, Nick, and Aniki were at the docks at night, sneaking around.

If I were a group of thieves where would I be? Aniki said to himself.

Just then looked up at shipping crates piled next to them with the name on it "Schnee dust" now where did he hear that name before?

You alright? Nick asked him.

That brand name sounds familiar, Cas said pointing to the name.

Weiss Schnee from Beacon, duh, Aniki said.

I was doing a detective thing, Cas said until a ship surprised them.

They hid and watched as the airship landed where armed men who're called "white fang".

Alright, grab the tow cables, the leader of the group said.

Looks like we got trouble, Nick said.

Just then Cas grabbed his scroll and began taking photos of the scene until a familiar voice made him stop.

Hey! What's the hold up? Someone shouted.

They looked to see Roman Torchwick stepping out of the airship.

No way! He's part of the white fang! Cas said in shock.

We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, soooo why don't you animals try to pick up the pace, Torchwick commanded.

Thus Cas took a photo of Torchwick leading the group.

As they watched they noticed Blake taking action by taking Torchwick hostage.

What the-? Oh for f- Torchwick said.

Nobody move! Blake said as Torchwick's goons armed themselves.

Woah! Take it easy there little lady! Torchwick said.

Just then Cas dashed towards the goon with the rifle and aimed his sawed off pointblank behind his head.

Pull the trigger and you won't gain another thought, Cas said.

Blake soon untied her bow to reveal her ears.

Brothers of the white fang. Why are you aiding this scum? Blake said.

Soon the goons started to think of their actions.

Heh, oh kid. Didn't you get the memo? Torchwick said.

What are you talking about? Blake responded.

The white fang and I are going in on the joint business venture together, torchwick said.

What type of job to be exact? Weapon or power of the dust? Cas said.

Just the blast from a turbine engine surprised them.

It's a big job Mr. gumshoe, Torchwick said.

The two looked to see more airships flying in.

Meanwhile Nick and Aniki saw them too, it wasn't a robbery, it was a raid.

Holy smokes! Nick exclaimed.

Just then torchwick used his gun cane to knock Blake back making Cas shotgun the member in the head.

The two loud blasts could be heard by Nairi, Ruby and Penny.

Uh oh! Ruby said.

As it went on Blake and cas were avoiding his gun shots.

A little kitty and a young detective, Torchwick said.

Just the Sun dropped a banana peel on torchwick making him look where Sun knocked him down.

Leave them alone, Sun said.

Just then more White fang members dropped from the airships entering the battle surrounding Sun.

You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? Torchwick said.

Just then Aniki ran in with his ability ready.

And I'm the rottenest of the bunch! He shouted as he charged at the members knocking them down.

Sun then looked at Aniki who was standing behind him with his back on his.

The bold ones stick together, Aniki said.

The two then fought the horde with their spirits, Aniki was bashing with his knuckles, Sun using his staff to fight.

Batter up! Aniki said, grabbing a member by his foot to where he threw him at Sun who struck him.

Torchwick then shot at them to which Sun blocked it to where Blake jumped in to fight Torchwick.

Aniki stood back to hold back any members still active.

Just as the two knocked torchwick back, he shot a hanging container causing it to fall, making them dodge it.

Sun soon found out he was in Torchwick's sight ready to shoot him, till Cas used his geist ability to redirect his shot away from Sun.

Hey, someone shouted.

They looked to see ruby up above.

Oh I remember you now, you're the kid who helped red back a few months ago, Torchwick said.

It sure is, and I'm back to my full level, Cas said.

Ruby? Are these people your friends? Penny said.

No, that guy in the white suit is a criminal, Nairi said.

Just then torchwick shot the two not killing them, but knocking them back.

Cas however didn't feel pain, he looked under his shirt to see black stuff closed on his body.

What the? Cas said.

Just as Nairi was about to shoot at torchwick, penny walked forward.

Get back! Nairi said.

Don't worry Nairi, I'm combat ready! Penny said.

Just then a knife flew from her back to which it multiplied.

She's a robot! Nairi said.

Penny then jumped down from where they were and flawlessly dealt with the members.

Just then more airships flew in, Nick had to take action, he then pulled out one of his special bullets and loaded it in his rifle. To which he signaled Nairi to use her special rounds.

They then fired at the propellers on the airships making them crash into the water.

Just then Cas noticed a ship stealing a container of dust.

Penny, stop that ship! He shouted.

She then used her knives to pull the ship back.

Just then Cas noticed as torchwick was escaping by airship.

As looked at the fleeing ships, he was angry that he escaped again, but he knew that his friends were more important, so he let it go.

Soon the police arrived asking questions, the police were not happy they were there to stop it, but when Cas showed the Photos of Torchwick being part of the white fang.

Hmm, this is good evidence, thanks kid, you'd make a great junior detective, the officer said.

I wouldn't call myself a junior, I'd call myself a part-time detective, Cas said.

He then walked back to the seven who were sitting together as the officers said.

So your name is Sun Wukong, it's nice to meet you, Nairi said.

Cas just laughed, he made two more friends, a robot and a faunus.

He then grabbed his notepad to write in it, "Roman Torchwick, affiliated with white fang" to which he also scratched off Penny's name from it.

Why did you have my name on your notepad? Penny asked Cas.

Well you were weird when we first met, so i made a case about you, haha, but now it's figured out, i think we'll become good friends, and to let you know i'm a grimm hunter, Cas said.

A grimm hunter? Penny said.

It's a long story, he responded.

Just then Weiss and Yang arrived.

Just as Ruby was about to stand up, Nick stopped her.

Weiss. I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the white fang. Back when i was with- Blake said til Weiss stopped her.

Do you have any idea how long we've been searching for you? Weiss said.

Approximately 12 hours, cas said.

Yes, that means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours I've decided... I don't care, Weiss said.

You don't care? Blake said.

You said you're not one of them anymore, right? Weiss said.

No, i-i, Cas placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her.

All I want to know is that the next time something this big comes up, you'll come to your teammates, and not some... someone else, Weiss said.

And i was there when i heard it, so be wary, i won't be there everyday at the office, Cas said.

Thanks, Blake said.

Hehe, guess the gang is reunited, we should make like an ultra team just when that day comes, but that name we should hold on to, Aniki said.

I'm still not quite sure how to feel about you! Weiss said to Sun.

Relax weiss, we kept an eye on him, he's on our side, Nick said.

Hey, wait a minute, where's Penny? Ruby said.

Oh yeah, she was here, Nairi said.

Cas soon noticed a car drive away, he knew Penny was in there, heading to her home, you know why he knew that? He noticed it.

The group then went back to the academy to rest after the case.

Well, that's two cases, Penny is a robot, and Torchwick is part of the white fang, Aniki said.

Hey guys, did any of you see me get shot? Cas asked.

Yeah, you okay? Nairi said.

I'm actually fine, no joke, look when i looked under my shirt this black material was growing on my body, Cas said.

Really, that had to have broken your aura shield, Nick said.

Actually, his aura shield wasn't broken, on my tracker, it was still at full health, Aniki said.

Wait, you mean that Cas has a seconded shield? Nairi said.

I'm not too sure, let's get some rest, I'm tired, Cas said.

Yeah, that day is coming up, Nick said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 713 15
Final Part of "Hello Old Friend" The journey may have ended at Haven, the march to victory must go on. And going to war with your girlfriend, sure...
260 26 19
My Original Story got teleported to the World Of Remnant. Now they have to work together with the people of Remnant to defeat the villains RWBY belon...
76 0 14
after the fall the groups have been separated, as they soon create new groups to explore the world this book only covers 4-5 Rwby is owned by rooster...
468K 5.1K 27
+Being ignored by his family and being abused by the students in Beacon, (Y/N) decides to escape from all this to another planet called Earth where...