My Boss

By Seventeen_AJ

Cara Greene, who planned everything in her life met Alexandra Williams, her Boss who was exactly opposite of... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69

6

19K 563 119
By Seventeen_AJ

I thought of refusing her but I know I wouldn't win. 

So, I told her what I was doing and in no time we finish them all.

It was very quick as she know all the contracts and right away she saw the differences. Somehow, I was glad I let her help me.

"Ok, so shall we have dinner?"

I thought of declining her as I was not comfortable being near her but not in a bad way.

Even I was busy with what I was doing, my body is fully aware that she was just inches apart from me as we were sharing my table and god knows how much I tried to refocus every time our elbows touched.

Her scent was intoxicating, so feminine yet so distinct, like when you smell it, you know already who owns it.

"Cara? Let's go, I'm starving." 

I organize my stuff before following her to the elevator.

"Should I follow you? Or you can give me the location and I'll meet you there." 

Alex press the B1 button and looked at me.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me confused.

I pressed the B2 button and answered her.

"Convoy." I told her plainly.

"Mmm-mmm, I don't do convoy. You're riding with me."

"But I have my car here!" I reasoned to her.

"Yeah, so? You leave your car here , nobody will steal it."

"I'm not saying somebody will steal it, I'm saying that I need my car for tomorrow's transportation." I am starting to get irritated and I know it sounded in my voice.

"It's okay, I'll pick you up tomorrow. Anyway, I'll drop you off to your place after dinner so I'll know where you live." She said casually, like we've been doing this for so long and I should be comfortable with it.

The elevator opens and she stepped out, I was still standing inside, confused.

She hold the door to keep it from closing.

"Cara!" She called on me.

When I didn't move, she grabbed my hand and literally pulled me out of the elevator.

"Alex!"

"Cara!"

We both said our name at the same time.

"It's not a big deal, Cara, ok?"

"But..."

"Please, I am really starving, I told you I didn't have lunch today,"

Her eyes softened saying that, it's like she was begging me.

I gave up and just followed her.

"Fine!" I muttered under my breath.

Alex smiled in victory. She was still holding my hand, guiding me where her car is.

If you would see us, you'd think we already know each other for a long time.

She opened the back seat of her Red Cadillac Lyriq and put her stuff in, then she took mine and put it there as well.

She opened the passenger seat for me and gestured to get in then she turned to the other side.

Her distinct scent was all over her car, you can still smell the leather seat but her scent dominates it.

"You ready?" She starts the car and looked at me before driving away from the parking.

I nodded at her and wore my seatbelt.

I looked around her car, so neat and clean. The length of her dashboard was half of the windshield. Everything was just a press of a button.

It was my first time to ride in a luxury car and I know I look like a kid just looking around her car.

That proves me right when Alex laughed.

"You're so cute." She said while laughing.

I turned my face to the window as I felt my cheeks heat up, my heart suddenly danced along with her laugh and before I know it, my lips are forming a smile.

I hid it with her, of course.

What is she doing to me, why do I feel all these things whenever I'm with her?

It was all new to me so I don't know how to handle them.

"How old are you, Cara?" 

"I'm 22." I turned my face to her.

"You?"

It's like you don't know. My mind shouted.

I didn't stalk her, but I googled her last night.

I know her age, her birthday, where she studied, how many siblings she has, her rumored boyfriends and I know that she has a lot of celebrity friends. She like going to parties as she was always photographed with her celebrity friends outside of clubs.

Was it considered stalking?

"I'm 27, I graduated early." 

"Why did you interned in my company? Did you targeted it or you sent your resumes to a lot of companies and we were just lucky that we chose you?" She continued.

We were lucky that we chose you. That echoed in my mind.

It's only been 2 days and she's considering my joining as lucky.

I took a moment before answering her as I needed to calm myself, good thing she was driving.

"I actually sent my resume to 2 companies only, Williams & Brown and... Moore Capital."

That earned her to look at me. Moore is the main competitor of W&B.

"Bold, I like that." She smirked.

She parked her car in front of the Italian restaurant nearby the office.

"You would love this place." She said before climbing down the car.

The place is huge and I could see from outside how many people are dining in.

I felt conscious when we entered inside as I can see how elite the people are, I suddenly felt small.

Alex saw the hesitant in my face.

She leaned near my ear and whispered.

"They are fake people from the inside, plasticity at its finest. Believe me, you are the most genuine person here." She's trying to assure me and reached for my hand.

Somehow, I believe it.

I smiled at her and accepted her hand. I let her guide me to where we'll be seated.

"Good evening, Ms. Williams, your table is ready." The maître d' greeted.

Alex nodded at him and walk towards the stairs. We sat in the open corner area of the restaurant where you have a great view. 

Once I seated, I looked around. 

All of the people dining in are in suits and formal wear, you can tell by their looks that they are wealthy people.

I looked down myself and there again I felt conscious.

"Hey, I'm here with you."

I felt a gentle touch on top of my hand and Alex's eyes assuring me that this evening would be great.

The waiter brought us a red wine and pour each our glasses and handed us the menu.

I let her order for me as I felt shy to even look at it. 

As soon as she finished ordering, she looked at me.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Cara?" Alex asked me like we were friends, it was so casual.

"No, I don't have."

"Really? With that face, you're telling me you don't have a boyfriend?" Disbelief was written across her face.

I can't blame her really. When somebody asks me that question and I tell them no, they don't believe me as well.

In this generation, at 22, who would believe that I've never been touched, let alone kissed.

"Well, I prioritized my studies first, I'm planning to take my masters in a year, maybe. I just need to save the money for it." I sipped my wine and wait for her reaction.

"That's.. great. I mean really, it's great." She took a sip of her wine as well.

"You look disappointed." I can't help but tell her what I feel.

There was a long pause before she speaks again.

"Well, I juts feel like... life is too short to plan and prioritize all these things, you know. You're young, live your life, stay up late, go to parties, have boyfriends or girlfriends, have a lot of sex, spend all your money, you know what I mean? Life... is too damn short to worry about tomorrow, live in the now, live your life like it was your last, because you will wake up one day and realize that... you reached your end but you did not fully live."

I was just looking at her while she delivers her long speech. Her brows are furrowed and her eyes... they are sad. She sipped her wine and look back at me.

"So, what I'm trying to say is... live and stop planning."

She ended it with her glass in the air waiting for me to do the same.

I lift up mine and met hers.

"Cheers!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 1.9K 25
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞..." "...𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮." For as long as anyone could remember, A...
1.1M 31.6K 47
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...
344K 10.2K 24
Alex has everything going for her: she is liked by everyone in her school, her grades are amazing and she has just met Kate-the most incredible girl...
254K 8.4K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...