Rise of the Arockalypse (Seco...

By darklordi

Faced with growing tensions for three long years now, monsters and humans are no longer allowed to meet. Whil... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Assembly
Chapter 2 - Uncertain Future
Chapter 3 - The Duty of a Lady
Chapter 4 - New Home, Same Love
Chapter 5 - Evolution or Damnation?
Chapter 6 - Black Market
Chapter 7 - The Demon and the Doll
Chapter 8 - The Arrival of Doom
Chapter 9 - The Messenger of the Ancient Ones
Chapter 10 - The Watcher
Chapter 11 - The Darkest Times
Chapter 12 - Hell Heirs
Chapter 13 - The Eye of GENESIS
Chapter 14 - The Soldier from the Future
Chapter 15 - Scarctic Battle part 1
Chapter 16 - Scarctic Battle part 2
Chapter 17 - A Very Last Hope?
Chapter 19 - Faith and Redemption
Chapter 20 - The First of the Ancient Ones
Chapter 21 - Wrath of the Thunder God
Chapter 22 - Last Calm, Last Storm
Chapter 23 - The Cosmic Overlord

Chapter 18 - The Prime Monsters

12 2 1
By darklordi

Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella didn't know how long it took, but when they finally opened their eyes again after being swept away in the mighty whirlwind of northern lights, they soon found they were no longer in the Arctic at all, nor even in the human world.

All four were now standing in the center of a gigantic plateau several hundred meters in diameter, made of black rock almost resembling obsidian, and even appearing to levitate in the air. Moreover, all around them and with amazement, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella contemplated other rocky plateaus, but also kinds of mountains of the same black rock, all levitating, floating and dispersed in a endless space of night color and traversed from side to side by distant torrents of stars joining and intermingling gracefully to form true rivers of energy which then sank little by little in the meanders of the distance. With the tip of his finger, Mathias lightly nudged a small fragment of black rock that was floating nearby and watched, amazed, as it levitated away. All four of them could also feel the immeasurable energy that reigned here, invisible but feeling palpable like a physical object. They also noticed that the Spirit Boreal King was not with them, which puzzled them.

_"It's... really incredible..." Hella breathed with fascination as she continued to contemplate this place.

_"My love..." Emily then asked Mr. Lordi while continuing to observe. "Do you know where we are?"

_"I've traveled to many different worlds in my life, but this is the first time I've come here..." confessed the Monsterman, thoughtful. "It's... really strange... This world does not give off the same energy as the others, it is much more present, more raw and powerful, as if the smallest particle were impregnated with it."

_"Guys, we're not alone here, look!" Mathias then indicated, attracting the attention of the others and indicating a direction.

Indeed, the group could see that someone had just appeared out of nowhere and was standing about twenty meters away from them. She had a feminine, humanoid appearance, standing almost 2 meters tall, with long, flowing, opaque black hair falling over her shoulders. Her body was covered in loose deep gray clothes with wide sleeves, with a hood pulled up over her head, giving her an almost mystical nun look. Her face was hidden by a smooth golden mask depicting an intricately crafted but expressionless face. Around her collar was a pendant, also golden and representing a symbol in the shape of vines intertwining and forming a triangle, with in its center a perfect circle.

At first surprised but wary to see someone here, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella stayed together, but soon noticed that the foreign, masked woman was doing nothing, just staring at them in silence, then finally decided to take a few steps towards them without showing hostility. Despite this, the group preferred to remain on their guard and stood ready to act in the event of a possible trap. The surprise was greater when they saw her bow to respectfully greet them, then she spoke to them.

_"Mr. Lordi lord of monsters and Emily lady of light. Mathias and Hella, heirs and lords of hell. Welcome."

Her voice was soft, benevolent and also very ghostly, almost like an echo ringing through the air.

_"Do you... How do you know who we are?" Mathias asked.

_"Of course." answered the mystical woman. "We have followed your lives since day one and have been patiently awaiting your coming."

Since the first day? Wait for them to come? The group shared puzzled looks.

_"But... who are you and what is this place?" Emily asked in turn.

_"We are the Dwellers..." replied the woman, speaking of her strangely in the plural. "And you are now in the Ether."

_"The Dwellers?" Hella said, bewildered and turned to Mr. Lordi.

_"I've never heard of such a people or this world..." added the equally confused Monsterman.

_"No one, apart from you now, knows of our existence..." explained the masked woman. "We are the priestesses and guardians of the universal memory, from its first day until its end. You are here in Ether, the original dimension, the heart of all the others, beyond the space and time."

These revelations were a real shock for the group who, despite the apparently sincere voice of the woman, found it difficult to conceive such a thing despite everything they had seen before.

_"The great Boreal Spirit King has sent you to us on a vital mission." added the Dweller. "Follow me, I will lead you to what you were brought here for."

The priestess then indicated a direction and under the surprised looks of all a real bridge was formed little by little with fragments of rocks levitating and attracted as if by magic by an invisible power. The Dweller started to walk on this bridge without the slightest hesitation. Very hesitant at first but knowing that they had nowhere else to go and that they were in unknown territory, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella decided to follow their mysterious guide on this stone bridge which continued to form in front of them little by little to allow them to reach the next floating rock plateau.

The walk lasted several long minutes, until the group finally reached a large obsidian mountain, much larger and more imposing than the others, and at the top of which, on the side of a cliff, was a building, like a kind of large and ancient monastery made of stone and beautifully crafted. The architecture presented almost medieval aspects, but also Victorian and Gothic, in perfect harmony. At the extremity of the monastery was an immense stone tower of which, at the top, burned a large basero, like a kind of lighthouse.

_"Here we are. The Dweller Shrine. The abode of universal memory." said the priestess, who then resumed her walk.

Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella said nothing and followed her not without keeping their senses alert. They climbed a long series of stone steps carved into the mountain itself, then once at the top had to cross a large suspension bridge that led them to the plot where the shrine was. They climbed large gray steps until finally standing in front of a double wooden door, massive and adorned with this same triangular symbol. Without the priestess even needing to knock, the doors opened, pulling apart with a heavy creak. The group entered and could immediately feel the heavy but also peaceful atmosphere that reigned in this place, like in a cathedral. Moreover, the interior of this sanctuary could also make think of a kind of ancient cathedral, with these thick stone pillars and magnificently worked which supported the whole of the enormous structure. Stunning stained glass windows lined the walls, letting the glow of the rivers of stars filter through. At the back, there was an imposing altar, where other priestesses were currently praying, on their knees and with their heads bowed. On the altar was a statue made of obsidian and representing three creatures: a reindeer, a wolf and a dragon, all united in this same circle surrounded by this triangle.

While walking silently through this shrine, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella saw one thing: all the Dwellers they saw were female and they were all perfectly identical, like clones, which in a way was quite confusing and even scary. The priestesses turned their attention to the two monster/human couples who had just arrived and watched them with interest but not curiosity, as if they knew they were coming and greeted them silently and bowing respectfully. The Dweller who had acted as their guide continued to do so and asked them to follow her along the large central aisle where on each side were arranged perfect rows of wooden benches, and led them in the direction of the altar.

But as they walked side by side, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella couldn't help but turn their gaze to the carvings that were on the huge pillars, and saw that they were very detailed frescoes and seeming to recount events.

_"Mr. Lordi...look..." Emily gasped, pointing to one of the first pillars.

The couple looked and were shocked. On this pillar, there were frescoes representing their two silhouettes, and relating several events of their lives: the birth of Mr. Lordi - the birth of Emily - The meeting of Mr. Lordi with his first allies during his journey - The First meeting between Mr. Lordi and Emily - Their first kiss and the birth of their bond - Their battle and their victory against Evilyn - Their fight and their victory against Vexus - Their marriage - Emily acquiring the powers of the Archangel Naaririel - The victory against Ycnarr'Orveh...

_"It's...it's unbelievable..." Mr. Lordi breathed, taking Emily's hand in his.

Mathias and Hella also could see on another pillar the frescoes representing events of their own lives: The birth of Hella - the birth of Mathias - Hella becoming a scarbia - Hella rescued by Mr. Lordi and Emily - Hella and Mana confronting the cannibal - the first meeting between Hella and Mathias - their fight and victory against Ruiz - the victory against Ycnarr'Orveh - their first kiss and the birth of their bond - Mathias acquiring the powers of the demon Lamia...

Mathias and Hella were speechless, holding hands.

_"Here are engraved the events of each moment of each life..." explained the Dweller. "What happened and what is happening..."

On another pillar, two priestesses were busy carving a new fresco, which effectively represented the coming of the group to the sanctuary, and obviously they had already started the work before they even arrived. These Dwellers therefore really managed to see events before they happened.

_"But how... such a power is incredible..." Hella said frankly. "How is it possible?"

The Dweller turned for a moment to look at him then, arriving in front of the altar, pointed respectfully to the statue of the three monsters which was there.

_"This power was granted to us by our all-powerful creators, the Three Prime Monsters." she related, demonstrating in her voice the devotion and respect she felt for them. "The Boreal Spirit King, incarnation of Time. The Wolf Lord, incarnation of Death. And finally the Divine Dragon, incarnation of Life... They were the very first to be born during the First Chants of the Universe and to stand against the power of the Great Ancient Ones. In order to counter this cycle, they united their powers to create a single power, one that would allow monsters and humans to bond as one."

Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella listened intently as they gazed at the statue of the three monstrous deities. So they were the great creators of monster magic and the unique bond between monsters and humans.

_"Do you know where they are? Our universe is on the verge of annihilation, and we will need all the help we can get." asked Mr. Lordi.

_"Of course." replied the Dweller. "That is why you have come here and endured all its hardships, children of destiny. You have proven yourselves worthy to meet our creators. The time has come for you to fulfill your destiny."

With these words, the Dweller clapped several times in her hands as a call. Immediately the chapel was plunged into semi-darkness and dozens of other masked priestesses came from all directions, walking with slow, ceremonial steps in perfect lines one behind the other and each holding a lighted candle in their hands. The Dwellers at the head of the lines held incense burners which they gently swung from right to left in order to spread incense smoke. The women while walking and gradually joining the rows of benches sang words in an incomprehensible language but resembling religious songs. The Dweller who had guided them so far then invited Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella to stay in front of the altar and above all not to move from their positions.

She then went to take a small gold bowl and a small ritual dagger which she then brought to the group and handed them. During this time, the priestesses having joined the pews knelt and brandished their candles high while continuing to sing. Understanding what was expected of them, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella, each in turn, gently cut their palms in order to draw a little of their blood in order to draw a little in the bowl. To have the honor of meeting the Prime Monsters, one also had to prove himself worthy of sacrificing his own blood without hesitation. Once the four bloods were shed, the Dweller retrieved the bowl and held it firmly in her hands, beginning to walk around the group while in turn chanting the same words as her sisters. The priestesses holding the incense burners arrived and circled around the group as well, the smoke growing thicker and thicker. The incense burned the eyes and the throat but Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella resisted, supporting each other and taking each other's hands.

The chants grew louder and louder, echoing through the chapel. The eyes of the three monsters in the statue then began to shine with an increasingly blinding silvery light, only accentuating the strength and fervor of the chants of the priestesses. Suddenly, the silver gleams of the statue's eyes exploded in a huge flash and everything was engulfed in that light in less than a second, giving no one time to realize what was happening.

Everything had happened so quickly... Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella now felt themselves floating in currents that were both powerful but terribly peaceful. Although they were conscious, they no longer felt anything, not even their own bodies. They wanted to open their eyes but couldn't, as if some invisible and absolute force prevented them from doing so. They also had lost all notion of time. How long did they float like this? One hour? A day? A month? A year? Impossible to say.

Emily was the first to finally open her eyes, her initially blurry vision slowly returning to normal. She moaned, feeling like she had slept for days on end and got up to see Mr. Lordi, Mathias and Hella also come to their senses and straighten up, also confused by what had just happened.

_"Is everyone okay?" asked Mr. Lordi to the others and rubbing his head.

_"I... yeah, I think so." Emily replied, joining him.

_"Oh shit, I feel like I've been partying all night..." Mathias moaned.

_"Me too... But the hell, where are we this time?" Hella said.

This legitimate question, the others also asked themselves when they laid eyes on this totally surreal and improbable new place. They were again on a big rocky plateau, but this time totally alone and isolated in the middle of a big sky covered with a sea of clouds. Gigantic whirlpools tens of meters wide were scattered everywhere and seemed to have no end. Snowflakes were falling slowly from the heights and sometimes huge and powerful lightning exploded in the horizon, sometimes even in tornadoes. This landscape was both beautiful but also really scary. The power that reigned was at its peak, they could clearly feel it around them. In the center of this rocky platform was a mass of giant, gnarled roots, intertwined with each other and having a few tufts of white, crystalline leaves, as if made of ice.

_"Welcome my friends. I was waiting for you."

That familiar voice made them turn around and they saw an ally standing a few feet away from them smiling friendly.

_"Archangel Naaririel." Emily said, also happy to see her and came over to hug her.

Naaririel returned the hug to the young woman and also greeted the others.

_"Glad to see you too, archangel." said Mr. Lordi sincerely. "But tell me... Where are we here? It's really strange... I feel like I've been here before, but it's impossible."

_"And yet it is the case." confessed Naaririel, to everyone's amazement, the Monsterman first. "When you were still a child and after killing your own demon father and ending the first Lapland war, you chose to run, to hide. But that power you inherited was beginning to consume you and you were not going to survive it. I glimpsed your fate and knew I couldn't let you die. So I brought you here and in their great mercy, the Prime Monsters saved your life so you could fulfill your destiny. And in order to watch over you during your childhood, they sent three undead reindeer and a Lapland owl as your friends and guardians. You don't remember because they chose to erase that moment from your memory so you could grow up without being tormented by the pain of this past."

Mr. Lordi remained silent at first, thoughtful, and indeed thanks to the Archangel's words, flashes started to come back in his head and remembered having seen them before, while he slept. So, it was not a dream due to his imagination. And his old guardian friends... So they had been sent by these entities to watch over him and had thus sacrificed their lives to enable him to accomplish it... Emily's hand gently took his.

_"My love... are you okay?" she asked.

The Monsterman smiled tenderly at his beloved, then looked up at Naaririel.

_"I...I don't know how to thank you." he said. "By saving my life in this way, you allowed me to discover who I really was and also to be able to meet the love of my life."

_"I only accomplished my duty as the archangel of destiny." Naaririel replied humbly, shaking her head gently. "Rather, they are the ones you should be thanking."

With a smile, the archangel respectfully stepped aside, as if to make way for someone else. It was then that the tornadoes and giant whirlwinds increased everywhere and that the lightning exploded even stronger and more regularly, accentuating the power of the winds. The air itself began to vibrate.

From the heights of the sky, in a flash of bursting and flowing rivers of boreal light, the Boreal Spirit King appeared, galloping gracefully through the air and slowly heading towards the rocky plateau, letting its ghostly roars sound in the wind.

From another place in the sky, suddenly arises a cloud made up of black and opaque smoke which grows visibly until it measures several hundred meters in diameter. A smell of death rose in the air. A dull, bestial rumble sounded inside and little by little, a giant, animal form began to emerge. He looked like a ferocious wolf, with shaggy black fur, shiny white fangs and bottomless red eyes, blood-colored and gleaming like torches. Its size had to reach at least 40 meters high. The dark cloud remained permanently around him and the smoke even seemed to be created from his fur. He was almost reminiscent of the wolf Fenrir from Norse mythology, and who knows, maybe he was the origin of that myth? The Wolf Lord, entity embodying death, looked up at the sky and let out a mighty roar from his jaws, making the air shaking even more.

The Reindeer and the Wolf joined the plateau, then turned their gaze towards the center of it. From the pile of giant roots that began to vibrate and gradually spread apart as if coming to life, a whirlwind of wind exploded from their center and rose up into the sky. At that moment, the whirlpools around and the lightning increased in intensity and the whole landscape began to vibrate as if it were on the verge of collapsing.

Amazed by so much power and what they saw, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella stared wide-eyed at the most extraordinary thing they had ever seen.

From the heap of giant roots and in the middle of the whirlpool, arose a creature whose size surely exceeded 400 meters. A slowly undulating serpentine body, covered in chalk-white scales and several sets of clawed legs along the body, but one of its legs seemed much longer than the others. Atop this body was a reptilian head, sporting like a white mane around the head, long, bony, worn horns similar to stag antlers, a beard of bony spikes on the chin, and reptilian eyes of supernatural icy blue color.

The almighty Divine Dragon! He was there, in front of them! Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella had to cover their ears when the huge dragon, whose appearance was reminiscent of the dragons of Asian mythology, let out a roar of breathtaking power, so much that the winds of whirlwinds and the rain of snowflakes increased and lightning exploded all around the plateau, as if this space itself answered the call of the dragon and obeyed him. The Wolf and the Reindeer joined him and roared in turn, the three roars of the entities becoming one.

For Mathias and Emily, both big fans of dragons, it was the most spectacular sight they had ever seen and had to pinch themselves to see if they were not dreaming. As for Mr. Lordi and Hella, seeing with their eyes such beings who even for the oldest of their people were considered as myths, was a most indescribable sensation. They were there, very real! The Three Prime Monsters, the three pillars embodying the three fundamental elements that make up the very structure of the universe: Life, Death and Time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 97 16
Kaden Smith. The Future Alpha of the Saraya Pack. He had it all- money, power, a loving family, everything. Strikingly handsome and the best fighter...
210K 9.3K 31
Before, I had my life all figured out. I would graduate college and get my degree in music, meet my true love and marry, then have two beautiful chil...
717 61 15
Originally published on the Lordi Monsterboard forums, this is the fanfiction from 2013 that started it all and this time it's back and here to stay...
446 43 21
10 months have passed since the defeat of Ycnarr'Orveh. The monsters of Lapland are now collaborating with the human organization SRDO in order to mo...