Partners In Crime(Dalador/Ala...

By Emrys_Void

We know Darius and Alador were friends as kids at Hexside but not why they aren't as adults. Keep reading to... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 1

1.3K 26 53
By Emrys_Void

Important:

~POV~:Point Of View

{Time Skips}

[Flashbacks]

(Author Notes/Comments)

~Darius POV~

The teacher hasn't gotten to class yet so Alador and I are just talking amongst ourselves.

"Did you hear?" Alador asked me.

"Hear what? I can't read your mind, you have to tell me what you mean." I replied.

"The trip to the castle." He told me.

"No! What are you talking about?!" I asked.

"Lilith Clawthorne overheard that there's a school trip to the castle soon." He answered.

"Awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Quiet, Class." The teacher snapped as he came into the classroom.

{A Couple Hours Later}

"You sure Lilith heard right?" I asked Alador as we grabbed our lunches.

"No, but I'll pretend I'm sure." Alador answered.

We looked for a table.

"They're all full." I stated. "Let's just eat outside."

Alador nodded.

We sat on the front steps of Hexside. Alador started eating his lunch.

"You think making abomination theme technology could be useful?" Alador asked me.

I shrugged as I took a sip of my apple blood.

"It could be cool." He added.

"It sounds stupid but that's my opinion." I noted.

"Good thing I'm not you." He said. "It sounds fun to me."

I smirked.

"Do it if you want. It's your life." I told him. "If abomination slime can be used to make fabric, it could probably be used to make technology, Surdoué."

"Surdoué" is a silly nickname I call Alador. I found it in a book from the human realm that the bookstore accidentally put on the shelves. It was a language book for learning a human language called "French". "Surdoué" essentially means "gifted" or "intelligent". That sums up Alador.

"Maybe I will." He smiled. "Also, how do you know it can be used to make fabric?"

"Boredom, mostly." I replied.

"You say I do weird things when I'm bored." He stated.

"You do." I told him. "But so do I."

He looked at my arm. I pulled my sleeve to cover the bandage on it.

"Is that a bandage?" Alador asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Your dad?" He asked.

I nodded.

"You're not safe th-" I said.

There was screaming inside the school. Thank titan, a distraction. Someone came running out of the school laughing. Edalyn Clawthorne. Through the cracked door, I caught a glimpse of a lot of bats in the halls.

"Hey, Deammone. Hey, Blight." Edalyn said once she stopped laughing and noticed us.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I released a ton of bats inside the school." Edalyn answered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Felt like it? I don't know." She shrugged.

"You're definitely getting suspended for that." I said.

"Maybe!" She exclaimed.

{A Week And A Half Later}

Alador isn't here yet and we're about to head to the castle. If he isn't here in the next few minutes, he'll miss it!

"Heads-up!" Someone called.

I looked over as grudgby ball flew at an oracle student's head. She didn't dodge. The ball hit her head-on and she fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Lilith exclaimed, helping the student up.

The student scowled at her. Edalyn was laughing so hard she was in tears.

"It's not funny, Edalyn!" Lilith told her sister.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Someone exclaimed behind me.

I whirled around.

"Alador. Finally." I said, as my friend ran up to me. "What took you so long?"

"I got distracted." He told me.

"By?" I asked.

"...Is that really important?" He answered.

"It was a bloodyfly, wasn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah." He sighed.

I ruffled his already messy hair.

"Hey!" He shouted. "Stop it."

"We're leaving in 5!" Someone called.

"Come on! Let's snag seats before there's none together." I told him.

"Yeah." He said.

We dashed towards the carriage and snagged the last two seats next to each other. We got there just before Edalyn and Lilith.

"Rude!" Lilith snapped.

"We got here first." I told her.

"Barely! Deamonne, you got there just before us!" Lilith complained.

"Barely is still before, Clawthorne." I Proded.

We had a back and forth until the carriage started to move and she almost fell. The Clawthornes went and found other seats.

"Was that mean of us?" Alador asked me.

"We got here first. Fair is fair." I shrugged. "They should've been faster."

{Some Time Later}

We finally arrived. As Alador stood up, he fell. I laughed then helped him to his feet. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed an oracle student, the one Lilith accidentally hit earlier, staring at us.

"I guess my legs fell asleep." Alador laughed as we got off the carriage.

Principal Faust started explaining that we're taking a tour and a scout will show us around. He threatened that he'd expel anyone who makes Hexside look bad.

"He really likes to expel people..." Alador muttered.

That's not news. Principal Faust is crazy and not in a good way. His school policies are almost impossible to follow. It's insane. Shoes can be too squeaky or too quiet. If you're on time, you're late to bring early. He monitors chewing volume. He's crazy and seriously strict.

"Welcome to The Emperor's Castle." The scout announced.

We went inside. This place is huge. The outside looks big but the inside is huge. The walls are colored white and gold and they're covered in banners with the emperor's sigil on them. Honestly, the castle has a lot of flare.

"This is crazy." Alador told me.

I nodded.

{An Hour Later}

We walked through the artifact room and down halls covered in paintings. This place is awesome.

Footsteps echoed in the hall behind us. I turned around to see who it was. The emperor strode past the hall.

"Alador, did you see-?" I started as I turned around to see that there was no one around. "Alador?"

I glanced around the hall then kept walking. The group is probably just a few steps ahead, that's all.

{An Hour And A Half Later}

Oh, shit. I'm lost. I have no clue where I am. Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm so going to get expelled! Or killed. Probably expelled.

Some scouts started down the hall so I hid.

"Did you see those students? They were all mystified." One told the other.

"Yeah. I saw." The other replied.

They kept walking. Once they were a safe distance away, I left my hiding spot.

"I've got to get out of here." I muttered.

{Half An Hour Later}

Finally, the exit. As I ran out the door of the emperor's castle, the school's carriage flew off.

"Oh, shit. I'm so expelled for this." I told myself.

~??? ?????? ?????/?????? POV~

I glanced out a window of the castle. A Hexside student stood by the bridge staring across. Didn't the carriage for Hexside leave already? The student started to cross but before he made it halfway, the bridge was destroyed by a green, goopy demonic claw. The kid fell into the cavern surrounding the castle.

"What was that claw- oh, crap, the emperor!" I said to myself then ran through the castle.

That was Belos' demonic form! That kid is as good as dead if I'm right!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

(Thanks for reading the first chapter, let me know what you thought! The next one should be out soon, most likely next week!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 40.8K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
223K 4.2K 9
Here's a quick Gally imagine for anyone who loves Gally. {Reader x Gally}
4K 352 13
Thanks to the "good intentions" of some people, I got stuck on an empty island with Jungkook the youngest Prince of Jeong's kingdom. Jungkook and I t...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...