Fallen Moon

By KibaBlackfire

For years vampires and werewolves waged war on one another. At last the blood war is near its end. Currently... More

Prelude: Brink Of Destruction
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part II)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part I)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)
Chapter 04: Lord Grimm
Chapter 05: Dreadful News
Chapter 06: Conversion
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 01)
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 01)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 02)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 02)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 03)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 01)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise of A New Heir (Part 03)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 01)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)
Chapter 14: Hell
Chapter 15: Understanding
Chapter 16: More Than A Prince
Chapter 17: Premonition
Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale
Chapter 19: Fate's Tale
Chapter 20: Selene's Tale
Chapter 21: Raine's Tale
Chapter 22: Jay's Tale
Chapter 23: Answers
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 01)
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 02)
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: Shields
Chapter 27: NightShade
Chapter 28: Alexis' Tale
Chapter 30: Matching Scars
Chapter 31: A Wolf's Tears
Chapter 32: Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Fate's Tale (Part 02)
Chapter 34: Jayden's Tale
Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale
Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)
Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)
Chapter 38: Forsaken
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 40: Loyalty
Chapter 41: Newfound Freedom
Chapter 42: Change Of Plans
Chapter 43: Darkside

Chapter 29: Claire's Tale

18 0 0
By KibaBlackfire

"I can't believe this," Claire's eyes began to build tears. She went to search for Jay. If only to tell him. She was finally ready to give him a chance. But to find him, in the stream with her. As he watched Jay's lips kiss Alexis in the water. Her heart began to crack, she was watching as Alexis' nails dug into Jay's back as his hips moved with her. Two of them, together, their bodies feeding each other pleasure, The moans from Jay's lips knowing he was enjoying this. How could he do this to her? So much for being in love with her. The bastard was too busy shoving his dick into Alexis to care. To think, she was going to give him a chance. To think, she let herself believe even for a second. Jay was different. She wiped the tears from her eyes and left the stream.

Even as Claire left, she couldn't shake the image of Jay and Alexis together. His thrusting hips, his naked body conjoined with that of another woman. The moans from their lips, the cracks on her heart grew bigger and bigger just thinking about it. How could he do this to her? How could he? Jay was supposed to wait for her. Not, jump into the arms of another woman. This wasn't supposed to happen. Why Alexis? Why now? Why couldn't he have just waited for her? He's so stupid, to think, she even liked him. Screw Jay, she didn't need him. Fuck him. If he wanted to fuck Alexis, fine, then she'd just-. She walked into her tent and stood there in confusion. Why the hell was there a boy in her tent?

Claire's eyes glanced down from his navy blue eyes, to his tasty lips, his protruding collarbone to his smooth chest and toned abs. This guy, he was hot. She forced a swallow as her eyes went down to his crotch but only for a quick glance.

"Sorry ugh," The guy blushed. "I'm really sorry about going into your tent without permission. It's just my dad, Nikan, he said that you were single. So, I was like, well, this girl is kind of cute. So I thought," Claire pressed his lips against his. He pulled her close as their lips locked. She let out a moan as he sucked on her tongue. "Xavier," He held his hand out to her. "You must be Claire, it's pleasure to-," Claire moved his hand aside and kissed him again. He grabbed her waist as they kissed. "So um," His warm breath entered her mouth. "I'm not really sure what brought this on but,"

"Sit," Claire sat him down on her bed. She took off her jacket and climbed on his lap. If Jay wanted to fuck Alexis fine. He could fuck Alexis, two people could play this game. She pressed her lips against neck. "Xavier, huh, you must be the one who controls water," She traced the ocean wave tattoos on his arm. "So, I think, you of all people should know how to get a girl wet," She kissed him and rubbed herself against him.

"I might know a few things, yes," Xavier blushed as she took off her shirt. She grabbed his hands and placed them on her chest. "Yeah ugh, that's your ugh, breast and they feel really-," He let out a moan as she kissed the side of his neck. "Hey, you're ugh rubbing against my-,"

"I know, doesn't it feel great." Claire went to remove her bra for him. Before she could, he placed his hands on it to keep her bra on. "Don't you want to see more?"

"As much as I'd love to see you take off your bra and show me your ugh," Xavier forced a swallow. "Breasts, I think we should ugh, get to know each other a little bet-," Claire threw off her bra and placed his hand on her breast. "Oh god," She felt a light squeeze. "No bad hand, that's a very bad hand," He removed his hand. "Look, Claire right, that's your name." He hitched a moan as she grinded against him. She could feel him getting rock hard. "Before we, oh, god, you feel so good," He bit his lips. "I think we should, oh fuck, you're right on my balls and as much as I'd like to," Claire tugged at his ear with her canines. "I think we should, we should," Claire kissed him and brought his lips to her breasts. "Oh god, they're literally right there." He blushed. "Look, you're not making this easy."

"I know, I make things very hard." Claire rubbed his crotch. He bit his lip so hard he drew blood. "Take off your pants and I'm sure we'll get to know all about each other. You show me yours, I'll show you mine, besides, I'm curious," She tugged at his jeans. "Exactly, what does a boy's penis feel like? I've never touched one before and I'd love to touch yours. Just a peek," She started undoing his pants. "I promise,"

"Alright, I'll bite, you want to see my dick," Xavier kissed her neck. "You want to touch it," She nodded. "I'll let you but I want to know something first." He climbed on top of her and positioned himself between her legs. "You're a noble werewolf, I'm a noble werewolf, so if I were to give you my dick and plant my seed inside you. You know what that would mean for us right? Given our social standing." He stared into her eyes.

"I'm not sure but I know judging by the size of that erection." Claire smirked. "I wouldn't care, just treat me like one of your werewolf whores and get on with it." She pulled him close as his hands felt her breasts. She let out a moan as he thrusted his clothed crotch against her. She clawed at his back and that boy pushed harder. "You feel so good, give me more," She tried to roll him over but he stopped her.

"It would mean," Xavier continued. "I'd have to marry you. We'd have to form our own werewolf pack as husband and wife. Once you're pregnant, I'd longer get a choice in the matter. Lord Grimm would insist that I marry you. So you see if I give you my dick, now," He brought his lips to her ear. "Who's to say, it won't come back and bite me later. So, let's reevaluate things shall we?" He kissed her. "Let's say, we fucked right here and right now. Let's say, I decided to shove my dick inside you and buried it so deep. You'd feel me for days and it was so intense, I let my release paint your insides. Now you're pregnant, we're married and we're starting our own werewolf pack." He ran his tongue over her breasts. Claire hitched a moan. "What would that pack look like? Help me paint a picture and," He kissed her neck. "It's," She watched as he groped himself in front of her. "Yours."

"Well ugh," Claire hitched a moan as he teased her neck. "First, I'd," She bit her lips as his hand teased her breast, squeezing it. "First, we'd need to think of a pack name. Nothing comes to mind, so I'd probably let you decide that."

"That's a good start," Xavier kissed her neck. "Tell me more," He brought his lips to her ear. "What would I expect from my wife?"

"I'd help you with battle strategies, we'd fight together as a team." Claire added.

"Really, so you wouldn't just trust me with those things." Xavier licked her breasts. "I mean, feel my skin," He put her hand on his chest. "My strong chest, able to withstand a few blows, my broad shoulders," She felt his shoulders. "Able to carry the weight of a family. My abs," He placed her hands on his abs. "Sturdy, strong, well built, perfect for protecting the core values of our family. Would you not trust me to fight for our pack?"

"I suppose you think us women have no business on the battlefield. That once we are made wives, our duties are to cook, clean, and pamper our husband while he does all the fighting. Is that what you'd think of me?" Claire brought her lips close.

"That's what my father raised me to believe, yes." Xavier answered. "I was raised to think that once she is made my wife. It's my duty to keep her safe and provide for her. In return, she'd provide me with food, a clean house and many children. It seems like a fair trade, I'm offering up my entire being into keeping you safe and making sure you never have to struggle again. Not only that, I'm fighting through the ranks in order to become a worthy Alpha. I think my hard work should be rewarded with a wife that would do these things for me in return."

"Consider this," Claire kissed his neck. "As strong as you are, don't you think, you'd become even stronger with a strong intelligent woman backing you. You'd climb," She walked her fingers up his bare chest. "Through the ranks even faster and we'd reach that goal," She kissed him on the lips. "Together. So maybe it's time for you to consider a woman less as a housewife and more as a partner," Claire's hand reached into his jeans. "Just imagine," She shoved her hand into his boxers and rubbed his balls. So well groomed and warm. So this is what it felt like to touch a man's balls. Interesting, she's starting to see the appeal. "The things we could accomplish together." She kept rubbing his balls. "Take off your pants, let me see more and I'll tell you more about what our future would look like."

"I'm intrigued," Xavier unbuttoned his pants and unzipped his zipper. Claire's eyes widened as his blue jeans fell to his ankles. He took off his boxer briefs showing her his stout erection. His cock was about the same size as Jays. She'd know since she's seen it before. Granted now that it's touched Alexis. She never wanted to see Jay's dick again.

"So tell me," Xavier rested on his back, his hands behind his head. Claire's eyes were focused on his warm cock. She wasn't where to begin but she wanted to touch him. "Go ahead, have a feel, no need to be nervous, it doesn't bite. Here," He took her hand. "Let me help you. Start here," He placed her hands on his balls. "There you go, now just keep rubbing and don't be afraid to give them a light squeeze." Claire nodded and kept rubbing his balls and squeezing them as he said. "Much better, my pants are off, my dick's out. I did my part. Now tell me more about our future together. I'm curious,"

"Well ugh," Claire continued to tease his balls. "Judging by the size of my husband's penis, I'd say, we'd have lots of kids."

"I do like the sound of that." Xavier smirked. "So, tell me more," Claire pressed down on his balls gently. "That's it, you're trying new things but the real fun is-," He moved her hand up to the tips of his cock. "Here, give it a rub." She nodded. "That's better, much better," He let out a relaxing sigh. "Now, take your hand and grasp it like this." She closed her hand around his inches. "Move your hand up and down slowly."

"Like this," Claire eye's watched as the skin of his cock glided over the head each time she moved her hand. Each time, he took slow breaths. It was kind of fun to watch, so she kept doing it. "Does this feel good?" He nodded. "Cool, so I'm doing it right."

"Yeah, you're doing it right." Xavier let out a soft moan. "That feels nice," Claire watched a the head of his cock became glossed by his arousal. "That's enough, I wouldn't want to make a mess on your bed. So," He rolled on top of her. "Let's focus on you." Claire hitched a moan as his finger rubbed against her panties. "I can't be the only one getting excited here. So," He hooked her panties with his fingers. "Let's remove these and I'll show you what more I could offer as your husband. While I do, tell me the future of our pack." He threw her panties aside and his finger went inside her, Claire clinched her pillow.

"Oh god," Claire bit her lip. His finger, it was, it was,- She closed her eyes drowning in pleasure as his finger teased her cleft, moving inside her walls, feeling every crevice, pushing in, pulling out. This guy, she was right. He did know how to make a girl wet. She clinched her canines together trying to suppress a moan. Just when she thought it couldn't get any better, his head went under the sheets and his tongue, oh god, his werewolf tongue was. "Oh, sh," She held his head in place as his tongue licked, swirled, and that mouth of his tasted her. She pulled at his hair as moans escaped her lips. He stopped and smirk, his navy blue eyes looking into hers as she fought to breathe.

"To think," Xavier licked his lips. "That was just a warm up. If you want more," He positioned himself between her legs. His cock only inches away from claiming her innocence. She wanted it, to feel him inside her. "Tell me, what is our pack's future? Will we be strong? Weak? What will be our goals? The lessons we choose to pass on to all future packs? What would we be known for? Tell me everything and If I like it, I'll give you what you want." He stared into her eyes. "Tell me Claire, tell me, and I'll give it to you. We'll start building our pack, I'll start by fucking you so hard. My seed will practically burst inside you and grant us with our first child. But I need to know, before I allow you to bear my child." He kissed her neck. "The future we will have together. Tell me, Claire and I'm yours, my body, my seed, all yours. Just tell me," He ran his fingers through her hair. "What is it you desire for us?"

"I want our pack to be strong," Claire answered. He kissed her neck and grabbed her breasts with both hands. "I want us to be known for our intelligence, a pack built on strategy. All packs will come to us for ideas. Not only will we be smart, we will have the strength to back up those strategies. Together," She let out a moan and rubbed himself against her. He felt so good.

"More, I wish to know more." Xavier placed his hand on hers.

"With the addition of our pack. We'd surely defeat Lord Alexander and claim victory over the vampires. In which case, we would be recognized for our skill. Then you as our Alpha,"

"Yes, I like the sound of that," Xavier positioned himself. "What else? Babe, I don't need much more convincing. I'm ready to claim you. Let's go, just give me something else and I'll throw myself into you." He grabbed her hips. "My cock's practically begging for this."

"As Alpha of our pack, you would be given a medal for coming up with the strategy that ended the war. You would then," Claire kissed him. "Take that medal," She rolled over on top of him. "Put it around my neck," She rubbed herself against his cock. "And," He gritted his canines as she moved against him. "Claim me as the first female Alpha. You would then say," She pressed her lips against his neck. "It was all because of my efforts, we won the war. My plan saved us from certain defeat. That would be our future." She ran her finger behind his ear. "We'd be the first werewolf pack, led by a woman." She tried to move against his cock but his hand grabbed her waist stopping her.

"Wait," Xavier held her still. "That's our future," He laughed. "You want me to invest in that," Claire tried to kiss him but he turned his head. "Stop, just stop, I'm not doing this, get off me," Claire kept trying to move her hips. "I said stop," He rolled her over and pinned her by her wrists. "I'm not having sex with you. This-," He pointed at himself then at her. "Isn't happening, at all." He got out of her bed and tried to reach for his pants but she grabbed them first. "Claire give me my pants, I'm not going to have sex with you, it's done. This is done."

"Why is it done?" Claire asked, "Is it because you're bothered by having a female Alpha? My bad, excuse me, I didn't realize men had such fragile egos. Would having a female Alpha make your dick shrink or does it replace the need for balls? Why are you guys so offended by having a female leader, what is it? Do breasts offend you?"

"It has nothing to do with gender." Xavier argued. "I'm not offended by having a female Alpha, it's the means you're using to achieve the Alpha rank. You expect me, your husband to give you all the credit, my hard work, everything that I trained for over to you. You want the Alpha rank handed to you without having to work for it. That's where I have a problem. I can't do this," He picked his boxers up off the floor. "You're like a child. You know nothing of our ways and yet you claim to be intelligent. If anything, you're far from it, you're ignorant."

"Excuse me," Claire grabbed her panties and put them on. "Ignorant, I'm not ignorant, I read the werewolf handbook." She reached into her bag and pulled out her werewolf handbook. "I know all about your ways," She threw the book at him.

"Okay then," Xavier pulled up his boxers. "Since you know all about our ways. Tell me, how does a low ranking male become an Alpha of his own pack?" He crossed his arms. "You read the handbook right, it's in there, what does he have to do in order to become an Alpha? On average, how many years does it take for a guy to reach Alpha level? Here," He handed her the handbook. "It's on page one hundred and eighty seven. Paragraph four, educate yourself. Because once you read it, you'll see just how ridiculous your request is." Claire opened her handbook and tried to find the page number he mentioned.

"You didn't read that far did you?" Xavier smirked. "Or maybe it didn't appear important enough for you to read since women can't be Alphas. Well, I'll tell you what it says because I know the book by memory. We all do. It says," He put on his pants. "In order for a non Alpha to reach Alpha level. He would have to seek counsel with Lord Grimm and convince him that he was wrong about his rank. That in itself is a challenge because Lord Grimm doesn't like to admit he's wrong. So, he'll argue with your logic which stands to reason. That he would need to make a strong argument as to why he should be Alpha. If that wasn't hard enough, even if he gets to retest, there's a lot of training he'd need to do beforehand. He'd have to retrain himself to think like an Alpha and not to fall into the category he scored before. Because if he retakes the test and doesn't score Alpha, guess what. It's going to be a lot harder to argue with Lord Grimm a second time. Now if he scores Alpha, that takes us to the next step, which is even harder."

"He would then have to fight his way through the ranks of his pack. If he's a tracker, he must beat the Hunter, the Beta, and the Alpha of his pack." Xavier continued. "He must fight them in front of Lord Grimm and if he loses. He starts back at square one, so it's back to arguing with the king and retaking the test." He zipped up his jeans. "The good news is, he'll get promoted based on who he defeats. But even if he did defeat the Alpha, he still wouldn't get the rank. Because that only takes us to the final step," He cleared his throat.

"Now that he's retaken the test, defeated his brethren. He now has to prove he's worthy of the rank by fighting Lord Grimm for his approval to create a new pack. Then and only then, can he become an Alpha." Xavier explained. "The process takes several years, arranging counsel with Lord Grimm just to begin the process takes several months. Not to mention, the amount of training you'd need to do beforehand. On average, it takes six years to achieve Alpha rank. Now you would ask me to hand over six years of hard work and dedication and take all that credit and give it to you. So, you can be the first female Alpha." He shook his head at her.

"That's not a marriage I want to be a part of," Xavier went to leave but Claire grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "Get your hand off me, bear trap, we're through."

"Bear trap?" Claire blocked his path. "What the hell is a bear trap?"

"It's a term my father uses to describe girls like you." Xavier explained. "Bear traps are steel traps used to trap bears. Except you don't trap bears, you trap dick. You use us, manipulate us into getting what you want. Then once you've got it, you throw us aside like garbage. You want to be Alpha but you don't want to work for it and do it the right way. Instead you'd entrap a guy into marriage and have him do the work while you reek the benefits. Bear trap, that's what you are and that's what you'll always be. I can't believe I licked your pussy, I can still taste the silver." He gagged. "Gross, I'm going to throw up." He rushed out of her tent.

"Yeah well," Claire opened her tent. "You're dick wasn't that great either." She yelled. Nikan started choking on a piece of hamburger meat he was eating. Lycan gently patted him on the back until he coughed it up. Terrain's jaw dropped before he took a bite of his hamburger. Serge helped him close his jaw on the burger so he could take a bite.

"Just chew, brother, just chew," Serge repeated for him. "She can't help that she's stupid."

"Just another family dinner," Yule took a bite of his burger. Before he could, his wife grabbed it from him and took a bite. "Hey, that's my burger, yours is right there." He pointed at her plate. "Don't eat my burger, it has two meats. Alejandro made mine special."

"I know and it's delicious." His wife kissed his cheek and handed him back his burger. He took a bite from his burger. "Granted, he has three meats," She pointed at Alejandro who was holding a giant burger in his hands. "Giant wolf, giant appetite."

"I'm the king," Lord Grimm held up his burger. "How come I only got one meat?" He yelled. "Alejandro, you better start explaining this. How come your burger is bigger than mine?" He shrugged and kept eating. "I demand an explanation and Yule gets two, this is an outrage." He took a bite of his burger. "I'm going to kick your ass after I eat this burger."

"I'm your son, I should have gotten two," Jayson complained. "How come Yule gets special treatment? This isn't right, he's not even related to you. Father, I'm hurt, I'm looking at Yule's burger and I feel betrayed."

"Sorry Nikan, you failed to mention, your son had a small dick." Claire glanced at all the burgers to see if she had one. "Alejandro, where's my burger?" He pointed at his burger. "You took my burger and added it to yours. How rude?"

"Don't be offended," Terrain added. "He took Jay's burger and gave it to Yule. Now if anybody should be offended. Jay should be, he chose not to feed Jay. I feel like Jay's going to be pissed when he finds out Alejandro cooked burgers and he didn't get one. Granted, Jay's busy, I saw him go into the tent with my sister. It's pretty noisy there, I hear an awful lot of moaning." He took a bite from his burger.

"I'm so proud," Jayson wiped a tear from his eye. "My brother's getting laid. I knew he could do it. In my heart, I believed Jay had what it took to take a woman into bed with him. For years, I held to that belief and I kept thinking someday, my bros going to do it. And now he's doing it, and I'm so proud of him. You know what," He held up a glass. "To Jay, for finally proving he has a dick. I love you bro." He yelled these words at Jay's tent.

"I love you too but," Jay yelled back. "I'm a little busy,"

"I'm trying to ignore that," Nikan rubbed his forehead. "He's in the tent with my daughter. So, thanks for the reminder Jayson."

"Anytime, Nikan," Jayson took a drink.

"Alejandro, I'm going to kill your son." Nikan added. His cell phone went off, he checked it. He had a text saying; "Go for it, it doesn't die. I tried to kill it, it's indestructible." Nikan rolled his eyes. "Of course it is, it's yours." Lycan busting out laughing.

"So true," Lycan added. "Neither one can be killed."

"So ugh," Claire cleared her throat. "Xavier and I had sex too," She yelled, hoping Jay would hear her. She waited hoping for a response from Jay. But she got nothing. "I saw his penis,"She added. "Jay, are you listening? I saw another man's penis." She waited, still nothing. "He tried to fuck me and I was going to let him. Jay, no response to that. Maybe if you stop fucking Alexis for five minutes you'd hear what I'm saying."

"She's lying, I don't fuck bear traps." Xavier picked up a glass and took a drink. Nikan gasped after he said the word Bear Trap. It was like he was stabbed in the back. He turned to face Prince Lycan.

"Lycan, you said she was cute," Nikan sat his burger on his plate. "You never said she was, bear trap. Xavier, my son, thank goodness you were able to see through her deception. Bear traps are evil, you must stay away from them my son. They chop off your wiener."

"I'm not a bear trap," Claire yelled back.

"Quiet, Bear trap," Yule yelled back.

"I'm sorry, Nikan, I didn't know she was, bear trap." Lycan explained. "Claire's usually so well behaved, I don't know why she'd resort to being a bear trap. Grandpa, please don't be upset, I didn't know."

"You wanted me to talk my sons into marrying a bear trap." Nikan shook his head. "My feelings, that hit right in the feelings, what if it was Yule?" Alejandro spit up his drink and grabbed Yule hugging him. He kept stroking Yule's hair trying to protect him.

"You know, it's sad that I don't need to protect my husband." Yule's wife shook her head. "Alejandro just seems to do it for me." She crossed her legs and took a drink. "Sure makes my job easier, I'll say that much."

"I'm sorry, Nikan, really, truly sorry," Lycan bowed his head to him.

"I'm mad at you, don't look at me. Grandpa's upset."

"But I'm not a-," Claire tried to argue with them. But there was no point to it, she was labeled as a Bear trap in the eyes of Nikan and his sons. There's nothing she could do to change that. Except maybe plead her case further. But they wouldn't understand. How's a woman supposed to move up in the ranks without being a bear trap?

The werewolf code makes it impossible. First, Claire would need to seek an audience with Lord Grimm. The second he saw that she was a woman, the conversation would be over. He would ignore her attempt at becoming an Alpha. Train to beat a tracker, she didn't see herself beating Jay. Maybe, she'd get lucky and he'd go easy on her. Beating a Hunter, well her sister beat Jayson in a fight before, but she's a way better fighter than her. So maybe if she trained hard enough, she could. But beating a Beta. That was pushing it. She could never see herself fighting Alejandro and beating him. If he hit her once, the fight was over. Same could be said about Lycan, strength wise, she couldn't pull it off. But there's more to leadership than strength. She's smart enough to lead, doesn't that count for something?

"It's hopeless," Claire grabbed a few of her library books from her tent hoping to return them. Anything, to get away from this party. She growled as she thought about Jay in his tent with Alexis, it wasn't enough to break her heart. He just had to keep doing it. It was like he felt nothing for her at all. That bastard, she hated him. She began walking out of the Nightshade campsite and toward town. As she walked, she kept seeing Jay with Alexis. She shook images and saw herself being rejected by Serge. Being rejected by Yule, being rejected again by Xavier. No guy wanted her, she was undesirable to them. Maybe her brother was right.

"Where are you going?" Claire walked out of the house chasing after her brother. He was carrying a box full of his things and shoving them in his car. "So that's it, huh, you have one argument with mom and you just take off like a little bitch. Great," She put her hands on her hips. "You're pathetic, you would just leave me here to pick the mess again."

"It's not just one argument okay," He shut his trunk. "It's several, I've dealt with mom and dad's fighting for years. I'm the older brother, that means, I've dealt with this shit for longer than both you and our sister. I'm done being insulted, I'm done being yelled at, I'm done with this family, okay, done. I'm leaving." He opened his car door.

"Leaving, right, like a fucking coward." Claire yelled. "Wow, I hope I find a guy who's just like you. I want him to leave when things get hard. I want him to abandon me and leave me to deal with everything by myself. That's the guy I want, you're such a good example. Thank you for being my brother, you're such a good big brother." She spoke her words full of sarcasm. "Thanks for everything, you piece of shit."

"You know what," He got out of his car. "You have no fucking right to judge me. You have no fucking clue what it's been like. You're right, I'm your brother and I'm supposed to set an example. Well guess what, not everyone gets the praise that you get Claire. Mom showers you with praise every day while she treats me like shit. You know why," He smirked. "You're just like her, you use people to get what you want just like she does. Let me tell you something, no man is going to want a woman who only seeks to use them. So," He started his car. "Enjoy being single," Claire stood at the road as her brother left her and her sister behind.

"You're wrong," Claire shook her head. "I'm not like, mother," She walked into town. Her feet stopped. The entire town was a mess, people were in the process of picking up chunks of debris and broken glass. The buildings and homes were destroyed. "What happened here?" She felt a cold hand on her shoulder and quickly turned. Just as she was about to punch the guy in the face, she stopped herself. "Brandon?" She pulled her fist back, realizing punching a guy with diamond skin probably wasn't the best idea.

"What do you think?" Brandon pointed at the nerdy glasses he was wearing. Claire busted out laughing. Was he trying to dress like a nerd? Because if he was, it was going to take more than glasses to pull that off. He was wearing a black muscle shirt and jeans. No nerd would have the muscle to pull that look off. "Pretty nerdy right?" He boasted, "Raven said you liked nerds so I'm a super nerd. Look, I'll even hold your books." He took her library books from her. "Am I nerdy enough for ya? I bet you want to kiss me right now because I'm so hot."

"No, Brandon, it's the muscles, you need to lose the muscles if you're going to be a nerd." Claire replied. "It's a rule, you can't be a book smart nerd and have lots of muscle. It doesn't make sense so lose the glasses, you're embarrassing yourself." He took off the glasses and put them in his pocket.

"Well damn, I was hoping that'd get me a kiss or two," Brandon went to give her back her library books but she refused.

"No, you're the muscle guy, that means you carry my books, it's a rule." Claire held up hands. "A gentleman carries things for his lady." Brandon groaned. "Sorry, it's too late, you took them from me, that means you have to carry it. So, what brings you to town?" She asked. "Any idea what happened here?"

"We happened," Brandon confessed.

"Wait, Vampires did this," Claire punched Brandon's shoulder. To her surprise, he wasn't wearing his armor. He rubbed his arm in response to her punch. "Sorry, I thought you were wearing your diamond armor. I didn't mean to-,"

"No, it's fine," Brandon allowed. "This might seem strange to you but I'm actually glad I ran into you. For once, I actually want someone to yell at me, scold me, call me a bad person. Because after seeing what we did to these people for no reason. I feel like I deserve it, so go ahead, yell at me, Claire, you're pretty good at it."

"Well yeah but," Claire shrugged. "That's when you get on my nerves or do stupid things. I agree this isn't good but it's kind of hard for me to kick someone while they're down. So, I'm not going to yell at you this time." She went to walk away.

"Please yell at me," Brandon's eyes started to tear up. "I could have saved these people. I tried to and I wasn't strong enough. Just like with Patience, I keep fucking up and people keep getting hurt and it's all my fault. I could be mad at myself all I want, but the only way it seems to work is if you're the one doing the yelling. So please, Claire, I'm begging you to let me have it, just scream at me, call me stupid, just anything, don't just walk away."

"Brandon," Claire let out a deep sigh. "What good would yelling at you do? The damage is done, people died, there's no amount of yelling or screaming that's going to fix it. You just have to face the consequences of your actions and that's it. That's all you can do. It was nice seeing you Brandon." She started to leave.

"This war, it's becoming too much for me." Brandon forced a swallow. "I keep facing the consequences of my actions every fucking day. It's always something, first it was killing the parents of a werewolf kid. Then, it was, being too weak to protect Patience and now this. It's building up and I can't take it. That kid, that poor defenseless kid, I killed his mother and father and he saw them on the floor dying. I didn't know the kid was there, I was just following orders and I killed that kid's parents. I can't take anymore, I can't, it's too much. It's too fucking much, I see that kid every time I close my eyes. That werewolf kid did nothing wrong and I murdered his parents. I still see that kid, standing there crying because of something I did. I can't take it back. So, I'm sure that kid grew up hating me."

"It's war, Brandon," Claire walked up to him. "People are going to end up doing things they don't like. I'm sure we've done some messed up things to you guys as well. But both sides are focused on annihilating the other. So it's bound to get ugly. Kids are no exception in this, but orders are orders and we have to follow them. That's what we're supposed to do." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "You're just following orders, Brandon, that's it."

"But it's me that has to deal with the guilt." Brandon argued, "That poor defenseless kid, I ruined his life and there's nothing I can do to fix it. That day has haunted me since then, why would Lord Alexander ask that of me? Why would he ask me to murder a kid's parents in cold blood? They did nothing wrong. They were just werewolves, that was it. I didn't know the kid was there, if I knew, I wouldn't have done it. But I didn't know, I didn't know, Claire, I didn't know, that poor kid."

"The war needs to stop," Brandon wiped his eyes. "I'm not sure how much more of this I can take, on top of that," He let out a sigh. "I know it's going to get worse. If Lord Alexander dies and Blaire takes the throne. More werewolves will be murdered in cold blood. She's way worse than her father. The only person who could stop her taking the throne is Angel but," He let out a sigh. "He wants to marry Raven. Out of all the vampires that could have been chosen to be seduced by a werewolf. You took the one who could help us the most. He could have changed our kingdom for the better. He could have done so much for us and you took him from us."

"As his friend," Brandon forced a swallow. "Of course, I'm happy for him. I want the best for him. But knowing what he's giving up to get that happiness. That's where it hurts because it affects all of the vampires. We need him but he chooses to be with Raven, I support it, but I wish you could have taken somebody else. Anybody else. Why did it have to be him?"

"At first, I wasn't too thrilled about Angel dating my sister either." Claire walked with Brandon. "I mean, it's my sister, I love her, if Angel's what she wants, then yes, I'll back her but the risks she's taking to be with him. That's where I struggle, because if they make one mistake, it will get them both killed. They could never have kids, the world will never accept them as a couple. They'd be outcasts by choosing him. She's choosing this and I don't understand why, if it causes this much trouble. Why do it?"

"Love's complicated." Brandon let out a sigh. "Or so I heard, I've never actually been in love before so. I don't understand it at all."

"Me neither," Claire put her hands in her pockets. "It makes people do stupid things like date a vampire. What woman in her right mind would date her sworn enemy? It doesn't make any sense to me. That's like, the worst thing you could do."

"I don't know," Brandon glanced over at her. "I'd date you but then again. I'm an idiot so, I guess it makes sense that'd I date a werewolf." Claire laughed.

"You are an idiot," Claire agreed. "I mean ugh, maybe she does it because," She blushed. "She doesn't really fit in with the other werewolves. The world the werewolves have created, it doesn't seem to have a space for her. So, she feels left out and misunderstood. So maybe, she's trying to find a place for her and it brought her to date a vampire. Or, Maybe, the werewolf boys don't see her the way she wants to be seen so she found it with someone else." She glanced over at Brandon. "Would that be a good enough reason to date a vampire?"

"I think it would be," Brandon pulled her close to his chest. She blushed as his lips got closer. What is she doing? She shouldn't be welcoming this. He's a vampire, and yet. The closer his lips got, the more curious she was. What would it be like to kiss Brandon? Would it feel the same as what her sister feels when Angel kisses her. She's kissed two werewolves but never a vampire. This is incredibly, stupid of her, why would she even consider it. He's a vampire, they'll be in the same situation as Raven and Angel. But, she blushed.

"Brandon, this is stupid," Claire moved her lips to the side. "We shouldn't be-," He placed his hand underneath her jaw.

"Let me take credit for this one," Brandon pressed his lips against hers. The kiss lasted for a short moment, but her heart was racing. She couldn't believe it, she kissed a vampire, why did that excite her? That didn't make sense, that was the dumbest thing she's ever done and yet. She enjoyed it. "So I was thinking, I have a reserved room at the hotel. I make sure to make payments to keep a room for myself in case I need it. You know, for when I get tired of staying at the castle. I was wondering if tonight, you want to hang out there?" He offered. "We could grab food, watch television, or whatever you want to do."

"Well, the library is destroyed, so," Claire pointed at the broken building. "I won't be able to return my library books like I wanted. So, ugh, Question," She turned to face him. "Does this hotel room have a shower?"

"Yes," Brandon answered. "There's a shower, you can use it if you want."

"Really, cool, because ever since I've been a werewolf," Claire fixed her hair. "I've been showering in a stream. It's been so long since I've actually gotten to use a shower. So, yes, please, shower, please." She added, "Lead the way," Brandon nodded and they walked to his hotel room. Once they were inside, Brandon shut the door behind them.

The room wasn't half bad. There was a huge bed with a large television mounted to the wall across from it. It was furnished with a dresser, a safe, a fridge, and there it was the bathroom. Complete with a shower. "All yours," Brandon handed her a towel. She draped it on her shoulder. "Werewolves eat regular food right?" She nodded. "Great so, while you're in the shower, I'll go pick you up something to eat, my treat."

"Okay um," Claire wasn't sure what she wanted to eat though. "Um, I guess, get me a grilled chicken salad. That sounds good,"

"Salad?" Brandon raised his brow. "Nothing about salad sounds good. But, if that's what you want. I'll be right back." He opened the door and left.

Claire went into the bathroom and started removing her clothes. As she undressed, she stood there in the mirror looking at her reflection. She didn't understand why none of Nikan's sons were interested in her. She wasn't as pretty as her sister, her breasts were a bit smaller, but her butt was pretty much the same. She ran her fingers through her brunette hair. She took a deep breath to calm herself. "I'm not a bear trap, they just don't understand that sometimes being a leader isn't about being the strongest. Sometimes, it's about being smart and knowing how to move your pieces effectively. Intelligence is a form of strength." She turned on the shower. "They're just to blind to see it." She removed her undergarments.

The second the warm water hit her body, Claire let out a relaxing sigh. Finally, a shower, man, she's missed having a shower. She let the water soak her hair and began scrubbing herself with sample soaps left by the innkeep. As she was showering, her mind drifted back to Jay in the stream with Alexis. The sight of his lips on hers, his hands on her body, why her? What did she do to drive Jay away and into the arms of another woman? No, it wasn't what she did, it's what she wasn't doing.

Thinking back, it was always Jay making the moves, he asked her to the Lunar Ball, he asked her to dance, he was the one trying to help her. But she never once bothered to get to know him or help him. The only time she recalled helping him was when he needed her to explain to Alexis that they weren't dating. Other than that, she was the one asking for favors, no wonder, Alexis thought she was using him. Perhaps, when it came to Jay, she was being like her mother. She hated that thought but the proof was there. She deserved to lose him to Alexis. She should have been a better friend to Jay, Starting now, Claire was going to try, perhaps, she still had a shot with him. But,

The fact remained in the world of werewolves. She had no place among them. That is unless she wanted to be locked in a cage and her future husband holding the key. That was the life of a female werewolf, only to be seen and not heard. That's the world Lord Grimm created for her, for all women and she was too outspoken to be locked in a cage. She couldn't date someone knowing that was the future that awaited her. No, she'd rather die than let a werewolf man tie her down and force her to submit. She's too strong for that. The only guy she could see, not treating her like a caged animal was Jay. Werewolf customs or not, he'd never treat her that way. But then there's-

Claire blushed as she thought about the kiss she shared with Brandon. She'd try to deny it but there's something about that idiot that just makes him hard to resist. Somehow, someway, Brandon found a way in. But he's a vampire, is she really going to stoop to the same level as her sister and be that stupid? It's a death wish. She's too smart to be involved with a vampire. The fact she's even considering it is ridiculous. She stepped out of the shower.

"No, you're better than this," Claire pointed at her reflection in the mirror. "It was just a stupid once in a lifetime kiss with a vampire. It doesn't mean anything, you will not date Brandon, I repeat you are not dating that idiot. So, forget it, he's just an annoying friend who happened to kiss me. It doesn't mean anything, okay? So don't even think about it. We're just friends, I repeat, just friends." She let out a deep sigh.

"I'm back, I got the salad." Brandon spoke. "I'll just set it here on the table for you. Now, I'm going to relax for a minute. I hope you don't mind if I lay on the bed and watch television while you eat." Claire began getting dressed. "Hey, Claire, I was thinking, you don't have to go back to your werewolf pack tonight. I'll sleep on the floor and you can take the bed. It's just I bet it's lame sleeping in a tent all the time so I figured you'd like a bed to sleep on for once. If you don't want to, it's fine, I was just offering."

"I'll stay the night, sure," Claire came out wearing the white tank top she wore under her jacket and blue jeans. "While I'm sleeping, you can grope my breasts, or remove my clothes because I'm sleeping and you're a total pervert."

"Look," Brandon turned on the television. "I like boobs as much as the next guy and although you have some really nice boobs. I'd never grope them while you're sleeping." He kept searching for a show to watch. "I'd do it while you're awake and I'd smack your ass. Go big or go home, you're going to slap me so I might as well go for both. Hell, you might kick me the balls, in that case, It'd be a crime to only get boobs, I need some booty too."

"No, I'd stab you." Claire pulled out her knife.

"All the more reason to go for both." Brandon's lips formed a smirk. "Sweet, wrestling, I love watching these guys kill each other. Now, eat your salad," He kept his pale brown eyes focused on the television. Claire took a bite off her salad, her eyes locked on Brandon's lips. Try as she might, she couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. It was stupid, reckless, and yet. It was that same level of recklessness and stupidity that made it enjoyable. Which made no sense to her? She had to stop thinking about it, she had to. She focused on her food and kept eating anything to take her mind off the fact that Brandon kissed her in the middle of town.

Claire sat in front of her empty to-go box. The salad was delicious, too bad it wasn't enough to make her forget what Brandon did. She tossed the box in the trash and let out a sigh. Brandon's eyes were still glued to the television. She couldn't take it anymore, they had to talk about the kiss. She took the television remote from him and turned it off.

"Why'd you do it?" Claire asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," Brandon retorted. "I was watching that." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Why did you kiss me?" Claire set the remote down.

"Because," Brandon shrugged. "I wanted to. That's your problem Claire, you analyze everything, so cautious about everything you do. You never act on impulse, it's like, you overthink every single detail."

"Yes, it's called being smart." Claire sat on the bed across from him. "What you did was totally stupid and reckless and-. It could have gotten us killed, what if a vampire or a werewolf saw us kissing? We'd be dead and yet. You completely ignored all of that and did it anyway, like an idoit. I can't stand you Brandon, you don't think about anything that you do. You just do and it's so-," Brandon pressed his lips against hers.

"Just admit it," Brandon stroked her hair back. "It's that same impulsive behavior of mine that drives you nuts. You overthink everything and I don't think about anything. I just do, if I feel like doing something, I do it. I don't even ask questions, I just do it. That's all, I don't think about the risks, I kissed you because that's what I wanted to do. No war, no vampire, no werewolf is going to stop me from doing the things I want to do. So, if I feel like kissing a girl I really like, I'm just going to do it. That's the Brandon way,"

"You're so stupid," Claire shook her head.

"I'd rather be stupid than spend my whole life planning out every detail. Overthinking every situation, putting logic before emotion. I think it's time for you to do more and think less. You'll see, life's a bit more enjoyable. When you," Brandon brought his lips closer to hers. "Take a few risks. Go for it, Claire, kiss me and you'll see for yourself what I mean." Claire forced a swallow, kiss Brandon. No, that's stupid, he's a vampire and she's-. No, this can't work, it shouldn't work, but-. "Kiss me," Brandon stroked her hair back.

Claire brought her lips closer and once they touched. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Brandon's hands took hold of her hips. As they continued to taste each other's lips. His grip was getting tighter by the second. She couldn't believe it. She was kissing a vampire, this is stupid, so incredibly stupid, but. Why did it feel so good? Brandon's tongue entered her mouth. She could feel it swirling, exploring her walls. She climbed on Brandon's lap and started moving against him. He let out a sharp moan in her ear. She kept moving, tormenting his lust, grinding against it, until he was fully aroused. He unfastened his belt and pulled his pants down just enough so she could feel the silk fabric of boxer briefs and more of his ache for her.

Brandon went to remove her shirt but he stopped. His eyes remained on the purity ring on her neck. "Is this?" He tried to touch it and it burned his hand. "Ou, that hurts," He sucked on his finger. "Does that ring mean,"

"Yeah, it means I'd like to wait till marriage before I-," Claire forced a swallow. "If you don't want to, I can," She went to remove her necklace before she could. He kissed her on the lips and ran his finger through her hair.

"Some girls," Brandon smirked. "Are worth the wait," He kissed her cheek. "I should ugh," He pulled up his pants and put on his belt. "It's just ugh, I really like you Claire, you call me out on my bullshit and every time you do. It only makes me want you more, so I'll wait." He shrugged. "Because I know, it's worth it," He zipped his zipper. "I just have one request." He brought his lips close to hers. "It's more of a question really," He forced a swallow. "That question is, will you," He stroked her hair. "Be my girlfriend?"

"You'd be okay with having a werewolf girlfriend?" Claire asked. "You realize what that means right? Angel and Raven are dealing with this same shit and look at them." She explained. "They're fighting and clawing for just one date. One date," She stressed. "Their relationship is chaotic, it'll be like putting a target on our backs." She added. "You're okay with-,"

"I'm more than okay with it," Brandon shrugged. "If it means you're my girlfriend. Then, bring the target and I'll put that bitch on for you. I'm all in, so I guess the real question is," He brought his lips close to hers. "Are you okay with having a vampire boyfriend?" Claire blushed as his lips got closer.

"I could get used to it, but," Claire placed a finger on Brandon's lips. "If we do this, I call the shots," She pointed at herself. "We have to be smart about this, which means, we can't tell anyone and we can't kiss in public. If anyone finds out, we're dead, so for this to work." She pointed at herself then him. "You have to do everything I say, no rash moves without running it by me first. Understand?"

"I understand," Brandon kissed her.

"I should go," Claire ran a finger through her hair. "I've been away from my pack for quite awhile now." She walked over and picked her library books up off the coffee table. "Let's just play it by ear for now. Meaning, don't do anything stupid." He walked up to her.

"I won't," Brandon kissed her cheek. "No, go before I rip your clothes off." Claire nodded and left the hotel room. As she was shutting the door behind her, she heard Brandon's voice and it stopped her. "Claire, I'm glad you came to see me. I know we have our differences and we fight a lot and we never really agree on anything. But for what it's worth," He smirked. "I think you're amazing and Raven's so lucky to have you for a sister. You're always looking out for her. Like I look for my sisters, well," He paused. "Sister." He corrected himself. "Just don't let those werewolves get in your head. You're better than that,"

"Goodnight, Brandon," Claire chuckled. He closed the door and she began walking back to the Nightshade campsite. She couldn't believe it, she was dating a vampire. It was possibly among one of the dumbest things she could do and she was doing it. Raven was going to give her lecture especially after she gave her a lecture for dating Angel. This was a case of karma, cruel karma turning the tables on her. Now, it's Raven's turn to be the responsible sister and tell her she's the one being stupid. To think, she's fallen so low as to put Raven in the chair of a responsible sister. Great, just grea- Claire gasped and jumped back.

"Oh shit," Claire placed her hand on her chest. A red orange fox jumped out in front of her. Her heart was racing, startled by its appearance. Its black eyes changed to a glowing red orange and shifted back in seconds. She rubbed her eyes to make sure, she didn't imagine it. Once she did, the fox was gone. It must have scurried off into the woods. "It was just a stupid fox, you're a werewolf, it's a fox, there's no reason that should have scared me. Brandon's right, I do overthink everything. A fox's eyes changing color, that's ridiculous."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435 5 32
When a girl falls in love with a vampire, he helps her defeat her thrilling ancestor who is killing others, who is on the verge to do anything to pro...
14.1K 517 20
It all happened seventeen years ago... A young girl,evy argent was punished and killed by her family just because she loved a werewolf.. Her lover wa...
438 70 27
A world where wolves live among humans ...only these wolves are different from the ones in the wild. These wolves are part human, with the ability t...
334 91 56
They say all is fair in love and war. I've seen both and have yet to see anything fair. Join Wren as she battles for acceptance and her place in the...