Finding Mr. Knight (DDLB) | ✔️

By BoundlessReverie

✔️ | What happens if you fall for a man after only a few dates? And what do you do when he disappears from y... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40. Epilogue

7.

10.5K 309 42
By BoundlessReverie

A/N - A long chapter for today🖤
____________________________

"So what did you think of that one?" Fox asked as he pulled into the Starbucks parking lot.

"Too many windows." I grimaced.

The thought of people watching me through my windows freaks me out. No thanks. The windows in the entire place were basically floor to ceiling and there was no place to even put curtains! How stupid.

"What about the first one we went to?" Chris questioned.

"That one was too big, Chris. It's huge and way too expensive for me. It doesn't need to be anything crazy either. I like smaller places because it's easier to find everything that way."

"Okay fine. We'll look at some cheaper ones." Chris sighed. "But it's going to be some place safe, you know theft can get pretty bad here if you're not careful."

"Ooh, how about this! Two bedroom, not too big, has a gorgeous patio and it looks like it even has a little garden!" Fox said. "It looks perfect for you, and it's in a good area!"

Fox held his phone out to me and scrolled through the photos. He's right, it really did look beautiful!

"I would like to have a garden."Everything looks updated, not too many windows, a nice bathtub, It's perfect!

"I've decided. That's the one I want! Can we call and put a deposit on it?" I said to Chris, a hint of excitement in my voice, but then I got a tickle in my throat and started coughing. I hate being sick!

"Here, have some water." Chris held out a bottle to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Don't you want to see it first though?" He asked.

"No, I know I want it and if I don't like it, I'll deal with it." I shrugged. "It's nicer than my old apartment so I can't complain."

"Okay. I'll get it all set up!" Fox said, taking back his phone.

"Oh! We need to get you some furniture too! Wanna go shopping? It's on me."

"Chris, you're already doing so much for me." I sighed, feeling guilty. I hate taking things from people, it just doesn't feel right. He's already helping me pay for an apartment!

"And? With mine and Anthony's incomes we're like, rich. Like I could buy five houses and not make a dent in my bank account rich. Not trying to brag." He giggled. "I won't force you to say yes, but you should. I really wanna go shopping too soo. . . "

"please please please say yes. I love shopping, Noah. Plea—" Fox whined.

"Oh my goodness, okay. We'll go shopping!" I laughed. "You're both so annoying, you know that?"

"Well you love us sooo, don't care. Best friends are supposed to be annoying."

"At least let me buy the drinks." I said, reaching into my wallet. "One of you are going in though. You always get the weirdest things and I can never remember them." I laughed.

"Because I see all of those videos online and I have to try them! Don't judge me." Chris glared, giving me the finger.

"If you keep frowning like that you're going to give yourself wrinkles." I stated with a grin.

"Whatever nerd!" He stuck his tongue out and snatched the bank card from my hands.

"You're a jerk!" I shouted, causing myself to cough again. I literally sound like a smoker, but I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life!

When Chris left it was just me and Fox. He turned around in the driver's seat, resting his back against the steering wheel and his knees squished between him and the seat.

"So how are you doing after the whole. . . Adam situation?"

"Better than I thought I would be. Honestly I haven't really thought about him much. I guess that shows how much I really felt for him." I shrugged.

"That's good, I'm happy you're not letting that asshole get you down. I was actually talking to Julian, and Anthony told him that Adam uh. . . That he hurt you. Is it true?"

"I mean yeah a couple times, I guess. It wasn't physical up until a few months ago. . . I don't know what changed. I didn't really know what to do so I just dealt with it." I sighed. "I don't really like being alone so I think that's why I stayed with him."

"I know what it's like to go through that. I don't really talk about it much because I've moved on, but if you ever need to like talk about it or something, I'm here." Fox smiled. "I'm just really happy you're safe and away from him. He's also banned from the club, so you don't have to worry about running into him again."

"Oh! And there was someone I wanted to introduce you to last night, but Chris said you were sick. I'm not sure if you're like looking for someone new yet, but Julian and I have this friend who just moved back to the city. I think if you gave him a chance you two could be really good together. His name is—"

"Holy mother fucker that line up was long!" Chris yelled, making the two of us jump. "I don't get why you didn't go to the drive thru." He complained.

"We're not going there, Chris. I know you remember what happened. It took weeks to get that nasty ass smell out of here!"

"You're so dramatic. Take your damn drink." Chris rolled his eyes, shoving the drink into Fox's hands.

"Here, Noah!" He grinned, cheerfully holding my drink out for me to take.

'"Why can't you be that nice to me?" Fox pouted.

"Oh shut up, bitch."

"Keep talking and i'm going to dye your hair an ugly ass green in your sleep. Trust me, that shit will never come out." Fox shot back.

And this is why I love them.

Chris grumbled and moodily crossed his arms. Both of these two are big babies.

"The apartment people emailed me back! They said we have to go meet them and fill out some paperwork. After that, the place is yours!" Fox said.

We arranged to meet them later in the afternoon, and spent the next few hours furniture shopping for my new place. The guilt didn't leave me of course, but I was still grateful for everything he's doing for me.

He literally bought me everything to fill my apartment. A mattress, bed set, couch, coffee table, a tv, probably every single appliance you can think of. I've never met such a generous person before. Someone so willing to help out another person just for the hell of it. I hugged him so many times, I was beginning to think he was getting annoyed with me. I can't help it, i'm a hugger and I love being affectionate.

By the end of the day I was ridiculously exhausted! Like take another step and i'm going to fall flat on my face exhausted! I felt so ready to just sleep and try to get rid of this cold.

I've felt way too emotional the last couple of days and i'm tired of it! I just want to move on with my life and I want to be my happy smiling self again. I think once I can get into my own private space things will go back to normal.

Back to how they're supposed to be.

____________________________

Okay you can do this. Just text him, it's not that hard.

It was the morning after our second date at the beach and again, Alek was taking up every single thought in my head. I don't care if I sound needy right now, I just really really want to see him again. What's the worst he can say, no? I mean if he says no I'll probably cry but — i'm just not going to think about that.

I nervously brought up his contact in my phone and typed out a message.

Me
Hi Alek! It's Noah. I hope you're doing good :) I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go for coffee or lunch today? If you're busy I definitely understand. I know it's short notice.

Um, thanks. :)

"Why did you say thanks, idiot." I cursed at myself.

Alek
I wasn't sure if I would hear from you. It's a nice surprise :)

I ended up getting tomorrow off work so I was actually going to go hiking for the night. You're more than welcome to come with me, but you won't be back until morning. Let me know and I'll pick you up, gorgeous.

Me
Is the hike really long? :(

Don't get me wrong, it sounds great! I just think if you're planning on doing like 10 miles or something... I might actually be coming down with a cold...

And I also don't really have any hiking stuff either so idk if that's an issue.

Alek
A cold you say? ;) You're silly. It's only a couple miles, nothing too crazy. It's worth it too because once the sun goes down, it's hands down the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Actually that's a lie, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever see.

If you want to come, don't worry about bringing anything. Just wear something comfortable and I've got the rest handled, gorgeous.

It took me a moment to realize tomorrow was Friday and of course I had a shift at Daisy's. . . But going hiking with Alek sounds so exciting! Nerve-wracking, but exciting!

For literally the first time ever, I called Daisy's and I took a sick day! Even my boss was surprised, but she was happy to have someone cover for me.

Me
Okay. I would like to come with you. :)

Alek
Okay great! I have to get a few things ready but give me an hour and I'll be there. 

I'd also like to get you from your place so you don't have to walk with anything, but if you feel better meeting at the coffee shop, that's fine too sweetheart.

Me
You can get me from my place if you want :)

I just won't tell him my apartment number. He's taken me out a couple of times and I think I can honestly say he's not out to hurt me in any way. He's also a member of the club and probably knows Julian. I texted Alek my address and grabbed my backpack from the closet.

I put in two t-shirts, two underwear, two sweaters, my warm fuzzy socks, and two pairs of sweatpants.

Alek told me to get comfy clothes so that's what I'm gonna do.

I also packed things like my toothbrush, a hairbrush and even Mr. Snuggles. I never stay places without him. So even though I won't get to cuddle him when I go to sleep, I'll feel better knowing he's at least in my backpack.

There's no way I want Alek to find that. He'll probably think i'm some kind of freak! Just thinking about his possible reaction makes me really sad. That's why I didn't want to bring up my colouring or toys at our last date. I don't know if I ever will. Now that I have Alek, I don't think I'm willing to lose him. Of course I'd like if he knew the real me, and yes I want him to be the one to take care of me, but what if he hated me when he knows who I truly am?

And yeah, maybe if we got to the point of moving in together he'd find out about me but my little space is only triggered severely when I'm really stressed, or sometimes when I'm fully comfortable by myself. When I'm stressed, going into little space isn't exactly voluntary to do, but I haven't had it happen around other people before.

It's hard to repress myself but it is what it is, I guess.

Alek
Hey, gorgeous I'm here. You need any help?

Me
No thank you, I'll be right down :)

I still feel nervous, but not as much as I did the first time we went out. I'm still shy and awkward of course, but I think i'm getting better.

I put my backpack on and locked my apartment.

When I stepped outside Alek was standing on the sidewalk with a big grin on his face. He was wearing  plaid flannel with a black vest over top and these sexy black cargo pants.

"Hi, sweetheart. Come here." The moment those words left his mouth, I couldn't control my feet. I ran towards him, not stopping until our arms were around each other. He even lifted me off the ground and spun me around in a little circle!

"You excited? I think we're going to have a lot of fun."

"As long as i'm with you I'll have fun." I blushed.

"Cute as a button." He said, making me all tingly again.

Alek took the opportunity to lift my chin and gave me a soft, goosebump worthy kiss then slipped my backpack off my shoulders and opened the car door for me.

"Do you want anything to eat before we go? I got some drinks and a few snacks for the drive, but if you want something else I'd be more than happy to stop."

"No thank you. I had waffles and strawberries this morning! Can I take my shoes off?"

"Of course. Get comfortable baby boy."

I grinned shyly and slipped my shoes off. I could see him smiling at my blue fuzzy socks, but he didn't comment on it.

A short nap, a few snacks and a good hour and some later we finally got to the trail. Alek had me put a few extra things in my backpack then put his own on. His was huge! It had a tent and sleeping bags and a bunch of other stuff. I didn't know what half of it was.

"It should only take maybe an hour or two to get there, but if you need to stop at all let me know, okay?"

I readjusted my backpack and nodded.

"You know, I've never been hiking before!"

"Is that so? Well, it's an honor to be your first. Make sure you watch your step, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'll be careful, don't worry! Will you hold my hand though?"

"Can't get enough of me, can you?" He looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Says the one who asks me to come on an overnight hiking trip." I giggled. "I only asked you to lunch!"

"Well maybe you're right. I can't get enough of you and that's perfectly fine by me. The more time I spend with you, the more I want to be around you. I've never wanted to get to know someone as much as I do you, Noah. You're getting yourself a place in my heart and I couldn't be happier to admit that."

"How can you just speak about your feelings so openly like that?" Compared to Alek, i'm a super closed off person. I don't know if I could ever admit feeling that way for a person I don't know very well! It's so vulnerable and the risk of being rejected makes me too nervous.

"The lovely woman who raised me made sure I knew how to respect the people I care about. She also said it's better to speak your feelings than to keep them bottled up, so that's what I do. The feeling of getting things like that off your chest is like no other. It's so freeing. You could even say intoxicating."

"That's amazing. I wish I had your confidence." I blushed, tightening my hand against his.

"Even if you don't feel your full confidence now, I know it will come to you. You have ever reason to be confident in yourself, sweetheart. I mean look at you. You're gorgeous, funny, you're smart and absolutely adorable."

"Thank you, that's very kind. I. . . I think you're great. And I really like you too." I looked away shyly.
"I also think. . . Actually I know that you have a spot in my heart too. No one has ever been so kind to me before."

"Looks like we're on the same page then, sweetheart." Alek let go of my hand and placed it around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

Honestly I feel speechless knowing he feels the same way as I do about him. I didn't think there would be a person as loving as me.

I've never been in a relationship before, but when it comes to my friends and my family, I give them my all. I just know that when I find someone to love, they're going to be my everything and they'll know it.

It was at least an hour later by the time we reached the point Alek wanted to stop. The sun was still up, but it was beginning to get cooler out.

While Alek was setting up the tent, one tent. Just one. He had me walk around and collect twigs and branches for the fire. I was thankful he gave me something easy because I wouldn't even know where to begin with setting up a tent or starting a fire.

I came back ten minutes later with an arm full of twigs.

"Is this enough?" I asked with a hopeful grin.

"That's great, sweetheart. Nice job." He wiped his hands on his pants and stood up.

"I'll get some dinner started here. Thought I'd make us steak with some fresh vegetables. Does that sound okay?"

"That's perfect! Is it okay if I put my bag in the tent?"

"You don't have to ask. Of course you can."

When I crawled into the tent I smiled at the two sleeping bags beside each other. It's going to be the first time I've ever slept with a man that isn't a friend!

When I came back out of the tent, Alek had already gotten a start on dinner.

We spent the next couple of hours talking and cuddled up by the fire. Once the sun went down, Alek disappeared into the tent and had the two sleeping bags in his arms.

"What're you doing?"

"Come with me, you're going to love this."

I got up from the ground and wrapped my blanket around me. I followed him through a few trees and we were left with an open field. He set the sleeping bags down and laid on top of one, patting the one beside him for me to sit.

When I laid down and looked up at the sky, I gasped at the sight of stars before me. It was incredible!

"This is amazing!"

"I thought you'd like it. It's my favorite place to come." He sighed softly, tugging me closer to him. "I'm really glad I get to share this with you."

"Thank you for bringing me." I moved even closer, resting my head on his chest and my arm across his abdomen.

____________________________

"Sweetheart, wake up."

"Noah, you have to wake up baby."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry but we have to go, my phone just got service and my dog sitter bailed out on me, I have to go home and check on him."

"You have a dog?" I muttered, half asleep.

"I do, baby. I got some flashlights, but it's going to be dark so you'll have to be careful walking, alright?"

I nodded tiredly, taking Alek's hand as he helped me off the ground.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Just after midnight, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for the night to turn out this way, I'll make it up to you though, okay?"

"It's okay." I smiled, adjusting my glasses.

It was a struggle to pack up the campsite, but eventually we did it.

It took well over an hour to get back to the car and my feet were unbelievably sore and it was freezing! I'm just glad I didn't get eaten by a bear or some weird creature.

"You can sleep if you want, Noah. I'll wake you when we're at my place."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SAFE (mxm) By Anna Nikol

General Fiction

476K 26K 80
A handsome man, obsessed with computers, workout and books, clever, well known for his professional expertise, rich and impressive. David is all of t...
1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
952K 22.3K 59
The story of a boy, a man, and a lie. Leo is an 18 year old high school senior who is up to his neck in stress from work and school. He simply can't...
1.1M 32.1K 70
FINISHED REVISING AS OF MAY 2022. Oliver Pines discovered his little side when he was seventeen. Without a daddy to take care of him, he is having a...