The Flower Girl and the Gangs...

By HoneyKarie

Citrine is a quiet girl that owns a flower shop in Detroit. Her world flips when a man comes in to buy a bout... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

Epilogue

4K 144 29
By HoneyKarie

I stood in the bathroom, pacing back and forth. My hands slightly shaking. What the fuck am I going to do? What if Christopher doesn't want to get married anymore? Everyone has come in town for the ceremony. Even though that just means my three siblings... well Ruby and Sapphire are already here, Peri will be in next week.

"Sissy, you have to calm down. It's going to be okay." Ruby tries to reassure me. 

"What if he hates me?" 

She scoffs, "Hates you? He won't hate you. That man loves you, he wants to marry you. This won't affect that." 

"I was happy just being a step-parent, being pregnant terrifies me. I'm clumsy! What if I fall down the stairs or something!" 

"Just breathe and take it one step at a time. I know you will be a great parent, and Rio will be right beside you the whole way." she promises. 

The alarm on my phone goes off, and my heart sinks a little more. 

"Do you want me to check it?" she asks and I nod quickly. 

She flips the test over, "It's negative." 

Oh.

"Oh... it's negative. That's-- that's good, right? That's what I wanted." I nod. 

"Or was it what you thought you wanted until you heard the results?" she asks. 

I sigh, "Yeah." 

"It's okay, you two have plenty of time for that!"

"You're right. I guess I still need to talk to him, though. I don't even know if he wants another child." 

She nods, "That would be best." 

I walk into the bar, where he is sitting alone, as always. Mick is sitting at the bar top, as always. 

"Hey, you." I greet him, pecking him on the cheek. 

"Hi, mama. What can I do for you?" he smirks. 

"I-I need to tell you something." I say, taking a sit across from him. 

He smirks drops, but he doesn't reply. He just sits there, waiting for me to continue. 

"My period is late, and I thought I was pregnant, but I'm not." I say quickly. 

He doesn't react physically, but I can sense he is now deep in his thoughts. 

"I just wanted to see how you felt about that. We've never discussed having a child together. I know you already have Marcus and he's great! He's really great, and I've never thought about having a child of my own. Actually, I never thought I would have a child of my own, but I felt sad when the test was negative." I admit. 

"I would like more kids, Citrine. I never told you because I didn't think you wanted any." 

"So, should we wait a little until we officially move in together, give married life a chance to thrive without pregnant me walking around?" I laugh. 

"Or my cars out back?" his smirk returns. 

I instantly leap out of my seat, grabbing his hand and practically run to the vehicle. 

~two weeks later~

"You look so beautiful." Sapphire beams as she stands behind me while I gaze at myself in the long mirror. 

"It's not too late to bail." Ruby reminds me, rocking back and forth in an old rocking chair. 

"Ruby!" Peri snaps at her. He's busy cleaning up after all of us as we got ready. 

"What? She needs to know she has options." she shrugs. 

"I want to do this." I nod. 

"Mom and dad would be so happy for you." Sapphire smiles, tears gathering in her eyes. 

I turn around and hug her. 

Ruby stands up and joins in. 

"Awww, group hug!" Peri declares, walking over and enveloping us.

Once we all part we can hear the music playing, "Sounds like it's time." he nods. 

The church is old, but it's the one Rio's grandma would bring him to when he was little. I've never really been inside a church so I let him pick the location. We got ready in the nursery, while he got ready with Mick, Peri and Marcus in some other room. His grandmother and family insisted on cooking the food for the reception. 

The only member of his family that wasn't attending was Nick. With Rio's testimony, Nick didn't have a solid case to support himself. They gave him a plea deal, six years with the possibility of parole after four. He instantly took it. 

Peri is walking me down the aisle, since none of us have ever been very religious we had to rely mostly on what we've seen on television and Rio's family. Ruby and Sapphire are my bridesmaids. I didn't want to choose one to be my maid of honor, I don't really understand the difference... Rio has Mick as his best man, and Peri will go stand behind him after we get down the aisle. Of course, Marcus is the ring barrier, and both Sarah and Nat wanted to be the flower girl, so they will be doing it together. 

My dress isn't over the top, it's one of the more simpler ones that had at the store. I would've went with any long white dress, but Rio's grandmother came with us and the look on her face when she saw me in an actually wedding dress, I knew I had to get it. 

Ruby and Sapphire give me one final hug before they take their turn walking down. Ruby whispering, "If you want me to object, just give me a wink." 

Next, Sarah and Nat give me a hug before grabbing their baskets and heading down. 

Peri helps Marcus fix his little bow tie, "I'm nervous now." the boy admits. 

"You'll do great, just head towards your dad." I tell him. 

"Okay!" he smiles.

Peri hands him the little pillow with the rings on top. The people open the doors, and off he goes. The doors are closed one again, so I can't see him, but I can hear Marcus running down the aisle towards Rio. Which makes all of our witnesses laugh. 

"Well, hopefully he didn't drop the rings." Peri shrugs. 

The music changes, and Peri and I loop arms and wait for the doors to open. I nearly gasp as I see everyone is standing and staring at me. 

"Deep breath." Peri whispers. He's always been better at attention than me, note him being a trial lawyer... 

I inhale deeply and he takes a step forward and I follow. I can see Christopher standing up there, his eyes never once leaving mine. He has Marcus standing in front of him, and he has a hand placed on the kid's shoulder. 

Once we get to the end, Peri kisses my cheek and goes to stand behind Mick. I move to my position in front of Ruby, and look out into the small crowd. Since all of my 'side' are in the wedding the guests were told to sit on both sides. Rhea sat on what is typically the bride's side. I wanted her in the wedding party, but Christopher didn't have anyone else he wanted for a groomsman. 

The pastor starts, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered her today to join these two in holy matrimony. Before we begin, does anyone have a reason for these two to not be wed? Speak now or forever hold your peace." 

My heart stops, I expected Beth, Ruby and Annie to bursts in and object. I know Rio didn't tell them, but it's not like we hid it either. 

With no objections, the pastor moves on. I can't help but zone out once I catch Rio's gaze. I'm about to be married to him! Could this pastor talk any slower? 

"The couple has written their own vows to one another." he announces, gesturing for me to start. 

I smile at him, before turning to Christopher and taking his hands in mine, "Christopher, you're my best friend. I will always love you with all of my heart and soul. I promise to never betray you, to fight along side you through anything, to love you and your family unconditionally, and to even let you win a fight or two. I promise to fill our days together with love, laughter, challenges and a few broken dishes. And I promise that I will most likely replace the dish before you notice." 

The pastor turns to Rio and gestures for him to start. 

"Citrine, my flower girl, you light up every room you enter with this golden glow that surrounds you. You aren't afraid to challenge me and you always have a comeback waiting in the wings. I promise to love, protect and fight along side you for the rest of our days. You're such an amazing person, and I'm glad I walked into your shop. You will always have a home with me. And I can't wait to build a life with you." 

"By the powers invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The pastor smiles. 

Instantly Christopher pulls me into an embrace and kisses me. I kiss him back as cheers fill the church. We pull apart and look into each other eyes, "You're officially mine now, flower girl." he smirks. 

"You're officially mine now, gangster." 

We hold hands and walk back down the aisle together to head to the reception. 

And they all lived happily ever after! Yay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 8.8K 84
(currently editing) When Isabella has finally had enough of the abuse, she decides to leave. She finally has the strength to run from the monster she...
305K 5.9K 12
Beth and Annie have a third sister and she was dragged into the life of crime meeting gangbanger Rio. Can she manage her life or will it spiral out o...
45.9K 1.4K 26
I was bored and looking for a Rio x OC story but couldn't find one so I decided to make my own. TRIGGER WARNING: This book may or may not contain sce...
117K 2.6K 32
Andy Lorenzo has been undercover for almost a year. Now she is being transferred to Detroit, MI to take down one of the most dangerous criminals in t...