The Vixen Trials

rjrodda tarafından

To free the tormented slave she loves, bi-eyed Keilah must win the Vixen Trials. Unfortunately the prize incl... Daha Fazla

Him Again
Scum Beneath Your Feet
A Stranger
The Other Boy Who Loves Her
A Sacrifice
An Unexpected Kiss
A Huge Risk
You Betrayed Us
I Don't Want To Fight You
You Lie
I've Become A Monster
Don't Judge Me
A Deal
You'll Kill Yourself
Punished
An Unwelcome Decision
A Forced Confession
I Recognize Him
Sedition
Lies or truth?
I'll Stop You
A Nasty Surprise
Did You Kill My Father?
Flaming
The Burning
He Won't Fight Back
A Runaway
He'll Die
The Plot To Kiss
Suspicion
Celebrating
The Best Kind Of Friend
The Prince and the Picnic
I Blame The Tattoo
Spawn of the Traitors
Kill Them
Not the Lord
Three Will Die
An Unpleasant Surprise
A First Kiss
To The Books
Not A Man
Getting Better
More kissing??
Transformation
The Father
The Opening Ball
Betrayal
A Gut-Wrenching Discovery
Everything Gone
One Good Thing
A Promise Made
Going To Die
Vengeance
A Rescue?
Not My Choice
Marriage First
A False Chance
The She-Fox
My Heart is Hooked
Give Me The Choice

My Father, My Son

16 2 4
rjrodda tarafından

Malek

He saw the Hattvah go but he couldn't stop him. It was all too much: the betrayal by his so-called kin especially his brother Cleb; his rescue; the fury of the Hattavah at finding out what he really was, and the declaration that his father was before him. Was it really him? That red-faced old villager? He'd made some feeble motion to follow Dakkoul then slunk back and was now looking him over.

"My son?"

Those words didn't sound as sweet as he thought they would. Not with the doubt crammed into them. A moan came from behind him. Cleb's eyes were already fluttering even as his mouth moved.

"We've got to get out of here." Melek jumped to his feet. "Let's talk elsewhere."

They found a less foul alehouse. This one had flowers out the front and a whistler at the bar who interrupted his song only to get their orders.

Now his shoulder was being gripped by the man before him and his chin held towards the light.

"You look like Dakkoul," the man said grudgingly. "But who are you really? Some cousin of my wife's?"

"Remember the Sheredith?" Malek fired back, filled with bitterness that he now had to prove his claim. "You made her pregnant with me and then deserted us. You were supposed to raise me."

His father held on tighter for a minute before pulling him in. Malek was being hugged. A wild, fierce hug that contained something in it that soothed just a little the ache of abandonment in his heart.

"I did not know," his father breathed and Malek, remembering the Hattavah's insistence on this point, believed it was so.

He finally had a father. And perhaps even a brother if the Hattavah would ever forgive him.  He remembered the righteous fury Hattavah's face and made a quick decision. Now, with his father's help, was the time to break for his freedom. He would make peace with his brother later.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.6K 69 20
From the beginning she can't remember, to the present she only knows. Sapphire finds herself remembering things that don't add up. When her path is c...
1.3M 28.1K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
355K 7.2K 58
𝕴𝖓 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉, 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖙...
22K 1K 21
I counted them from the onset of his forehead, trailing to the bridge of his button nose, way down to his cleft chin. "Earth to Blake," Milo announc...