Rise of the Arockalypse (Seco...

darklordi

Faced with growing tensions for three long years now, monsters and humans are no longer allowed to meet. Whil... Еще

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Assembly
Chapter 2 - Uncertain Future
Chapter 3 - The Duty of a Lady
Chapter 4 - New Home, Same Love
Chapter 5 - Evolution or Damnation?
Chapter 6 - Black Market
Chapter 7 - The Demon and the Doll
Chapter 8 - The Arrival of Doom
Chapter 9 - The Messenger of the Ancient Ones
Chapter 10 - The Watcher
Chapter 11 - The Darkest Times
Chapter 12 - Hell Heirs
Chapter 13 - The Eye of GENESIS
Chapter 14 - The Soldier from the Future
Chapter 15 - Scarctic Battle part 1
Chapter 16 - Scarctic Battle part 2
Chapter 18 - The Prime Monsters
Chapter 19 - Faith and Redemption
Chapter 20 - The First of the Ancient Ones
Chapter 21 - Wrath of the Thunder God
Chapter 22 - Last Calm, Last Storm
Chapter 23 - The Cosmic Overlord

Chapter 17 - A Very Last Hope?

10 2 1
darklordi

The loss of their director and founder Jekyll had dealt a terrible blow to the Genesis organization and deprived the world of a great man who still believed in hope between humans and monsters. The doctor's body was taken to the base's infirmary where he was laid on one of the beds, under a white sheet and would later be put in the morgue, while the clean-up crews who survived the attack had to wait. to restore the morgue.

But despite the heavy losses in the ranks of Genesis during the battle, the destruction of the Rach-Naa entity had lifted everyone's spirits and restored an ounce of hope: The Great Ancient Ones and their kind could still be fought and defeated.

Across the base, the surviving members of Genesis were working at high speed to make an inventory of all the resources and armaments that were still in working order, while the medical teams took care of the wounded, very many. In the infirmary, G-Stealer, following his fit of madness because of his initiator chip still present in his skull, had been brought to the infirmary and firmly strapped to a bed to prevent him from trying to attack the others if a new crisis were to break out. Kita had stayed with his brother despite the danger, not wanting to leave him alone and feeling a little guilty for not having known sooner.

After a very delicate surgery operated by the best doctors of the Genesis base who had fortunately survived, the inhibitor chip was able to be removed from G-Stealer's skull and then destroyed in the hands of Kita. After that, G-Stealer was finally able to wake up in a bed in the infirmary, and groaned softly as he sat up and saw Kita at his bedside who seemed reassured to see him waking up.

_"Easy my brother, said Kita. You have to regain some strength."

_"K...Kita...What happened? I...it's a blur in my head..."

Kita seemed hesitant to tell him but didn't want to lie to him.

_"Don't worry. Your inhibitor chip has been removed. You're free now." Kita explained.

_"My... Oh no, I did it again didn't I?" G-Stealer replied, rubbing his hand regretfully over his face. "Tell me, did I...?"

_"No. No one is hurt, don't worry." Kita immediately reassured him.

G-Stealer heaved a sigh of relief at this but didn't completely lose his sense of guilt. Kita guessed it without needing to observe but supported her brother with a firm pat on the shoulder. The automatic bedroom door opened and Awa entered.

_"Ah, I'm glad to see you're feeling better, Stealer." she said sincerely. "Kita told us what happened and I want you to know that no one in the Brotherhood blames you."

_"Thank you... Nevertheless, I should have let you know about this chip. I'll do everything to make up for it." G-Stealer replied with a nod.

_"Did you want something Awa?" Kita then asked.

_"Indeed." she said. "Mr. Lordi sends me to fetch you. All members of the Brotherhood must meet in Jekyll's office now."

_"But Stealer can't..."

Kita was immediately interrupted by his brother's hand firmly resting on his shoulder as he pulled the blanket off and got up from the bed.

_"I'm fine, little brother. You know me... I'm a warrior and I won't be on the sidelines today."

Kita shook her head in spite but knew he couldn't change her brother's mind. Awa looked at them both with a smile, reassured to see that this incident had not created a barrier between them.

***********

Meanwhile, in the base's empty mess hall, Mathias and Emily sat at one of the tables, side by side, glasses of hot, steaming drinks in front of them to reinvigorate themselves after a grueling outdoor fight on the ice. Mathias had been able to tell his friend what had happened in hell and Emily was now holding Mathias's hand in order to better see the demonic ring and satanic engravings on it that he now wore around the finger.

_"You and Hella, heirs and new lords of hell... I confess that I did not expect that." confessed Emily still reeling from the revelation.

_"So I am..." answered Mathias. "The priests of hell hoped to trick us into offering our bodies as receptacles for the souls of their departed monarchs, but they underestimated us. Now I have Vexus' ring and Hella has Evilyn's."

Evilyn and Vexus... Two names that despite the years still gave Emily nasty chills.

_"Rather ironic." Mathias added, looking at his ring. "I who have always felt such hatred towards demons and their cultists, now I have become the heir of one of their rings in addition to having one of the worst demons in me. Decidedly, fate likes to have a twisted sense of humor with me."

_"But at least I know that with you two wearers of these rings, we will have nothing to fear from another attack from hell." said Emily. "Evilyn and Vexus were abominations and although I was able to defeat them with Mr. Lordi before, I'm relieved to know that you and Hella permanently prevented their souls to return."

_"And... what does Mr. Lordi think of these rings that we have now?" Mathias then asked.

_"He is rather divided on the subject, and I can understand it." Emily confessed. "But he also has full confidence in you and your abilities and he knows that your love, like ours, is powerful and will allow you to harness that power and put it to good use."

Mathias smiled and thanked Emily for those encouraging words.

_"Thank you... We will do our best to continue to deserve this trust." said the young man.

Emily nodded with a smile, trusting her friend and knowing he would keep his word, just like Hella will. The two young humans then took their still hot cups of chocolate, deciding to toast and have a sip.

_"Who could have believed all that would happen to us, huh?" Mathias then said almost nostalgically. "I remember when through social media I heard about what had happened in Oakville, this attack of demons and this group of monsters who had defended humans and wanted peace between their world and ours.. When you told me by message that you knew these monsters and that you were even in a relationship with their lord, I admit I was more than surprised... All their life, my parents were convinced of their existence and I took them for crazy, when in reality, I was the young crazy person who remained blind to this truth... And now here I am, in a relationship with a magnificent monster woman, fighting against cosmic entities from ancient ages and holder of a power that I couldn't have imagined in even my fanciest novels."

Emily stayed sat nearby and listened to Mathias express his thoughts and shared her opinion and agreement about this incredible destiny the two of them had.

_"Before Mr. Lordi came into my life, I felt so isolated, misunderstood, as if I didn't belong to the same species as other humans, as if they didn't understand me." she says, thoughtfully. "Of course I had you as a good friend, but deep inside, my heart was empty of something that I couldn't explain or fill... I needed someone to love me as I was, and ironically, he too needed someone to love him as he was and to understand the beauty of the beast that was in him... To become the wife of the lord of the monsters, the carrier of an angelic power and the pioneer of a form of love between a human and a monster... Even in the wildest dreams I could not have imagined such a destiny, and in a way, so much the better: the world would be so sad if we knew in advance everything that was going to happen."

Mathias smiled as he listened and agreed with her regarding the unpredictability of fate on everyone's lives. Their passage in the world of monsters had opened their eyes to so many things, to the complex truth that surrounded this universe, all these worlds that existed there, most of them unaware of the existence of others because separated by billions of barriers and corridors invisible, like an immense and infinite web in space and time. The human being, who nevertheless believed himself to be at the center of everything, to be the most evolved and powerful being, was in fact only a tiny fragment among billions of others composing a whole. Such information would be dizzying, but Emily and Mathias had an advantage: although born as outcasts, rejected by their peers, they had known how to keep a dreamy, imaginative and open mind, which had enabled them to accept this new reality much more quickly in their lives which at first they thought were so ordinary.

_"What do you think will happen now?" Mathias then asked thoughtfully.

_"I...I don't know." Emily admitted, shaking her head gently. "Everything has become so murky, so confusing...the balance between the worlds has been totally upset and we all don't know if we still have a chance. Are we fighting in despair but knowing that we have already lost in advance?"

Mathias understood what she meant, and admitted that he too had inner fears about their chance of winning against such forces. They had succeeded in defeating Ycnarr, then Raal, but this time the thing that was attacking them was of a much greater power, to the point of having already caused the destruction of several dimensions in only a few days and had enough influence in creation and destruction to cause the end of the entire universe. They hadn't even been able to see him in person yet, only his messengers who were already amazingly powerful. The mere thought of coming face to face with this ultimate Great Ancient One sent shivers down their spines. However, the two young humans were not determined to give up. Mathias took Emily's hand in his and squeezed it firmly, like support.

_"It doesn't matter if we have a chance or none. We will fight as we always have, united as one, and we will give all we have, so that the Great Ancient Ones, despite their omnipotence, cannot never forgot the resistance we showed against them."

Emily looked her French friend in the eyes and smiled, showing the same determination as him and in turn tightened his hand in hers, to share this support that he showed her. The two friends hugged.

_"One for all..." Emily said.

_"And all for one." Mathias added.

As they finished their discussion, the door to the mess opened and Hella entered silently, walking over to their table.

_"Here you are." said the scarbie. "I came to get you."

_"Why Hella? What's going on?" Emily asked.

_"Mr. Lordi wants us all to gather in Jekyll's office. He says it's important." Hella explained without having more details.

If the monster lord wanted it, surely that was most important indeed. Mathias and Emily rose from their chairs and followed Hella out of the mess.

***********

When they followed Hella and finally arrived with her in the office of the late director of Genesis, Emily and Mathias found that everyone was already present in the room. Leaning against one of the walls and arms crossed, Ox was in the company of Kita, G-Stealer, Awa and Amen. Enary was with Sigma, Gamma and Omega near the office. Ian Redfield meanwhile sat on the desk, thoughtful. Mana, Hiisi, Otus, Magnum and Kalma were grouped near another wall, waiting for them too. Kone was there too, having obviously been accepted into the Brotherhood for his help during the battle, standing next to Kita and G-Stealer.

However, only one was missing: Mr. Lordi himself. Not seeing him anywhere in the room, Emily and Mathias found it odd. The young woman therefore decided to ask and went to Amen.

_"Where's Mr. Lordi?"

_"He was outside, talking with this Boreal Spirit King. But I don't know what it was about." replied the mummy.

_"I think we will soon have answers." Awa added, looking towards the office door. "He is coming."

Indeed, a few seconds later, Mr. Lordi in turn entered the office and found that all the others were already present as he had wished. Emily smiled at him when she saw him and came to join him. The Monsterman smiled back and gently took her by the hand. Standing side by side, the couple of lords were joined by everyone who gathered in a semicircle around them.

_"My allies, my friends, my brothers and sisters..." then said Mr. Lordi. "If I asked for this meeting it is to announce something of the utmost importance to you. I was able to speak with the Boreal Spirit King and he explained to me the reason for his coming..."

The Monsterman's voice grew darker and more worried as he spoke, as if he was hesitant to continue, but he did.

_"I regret to tell you that more than half of the dimensions and all their life forms have been completely destroyed, as if they had never existed."

This news was a most brutal shock for everyone, all sharing the same looks and expressions.

_"But... no... how is it possible?" Ox then said.

_"There are countless dimensions in the universe. How could more than half of them have been destroyed in such a short time?" Hella added.

Mathias felt Hella's concern in his heart, but also in his own, and took her hand. Emily looked at Mr. Lordi with great concern and he felt sorry for causing so much fear in the hearts of his allies, but he could not hide this dreadful truth from them.

_"And unfortunately that's not all." continued the Monsterman. "The Boreal Spirit King also taught me something equally alarming: some of the threads of time have also begun to weaken, some have even already broken. This only further weakens the universal balance that could collapse entirely in just a few days from today."

This avalanche of bad news was a real shock to everyone in the room. Ian stamped his foot against the desk.

_"And I who thought that we already had no chance, well now it's confirmed... it's all over." he said.

_"No... not like that... I can't believe it..." sighed Awa sadly who was gently hugged by Ox.

Sigma had fallen to her knees, her gaze lost, and Enary supported her. Mathias and Hella hugged too. Mr. Lordi felt sorry for his friends and he and Emily shared both a sad but loving look.

_"My love, this isn't the end, is it? Not after all we've done and endured." said Emily.

Mr. Lordi looked at her and kissed her on the forehead before speaking again.

_"To tell you the truth, there is indeed a way..."

At that moment, everyone turned their gaze to the Monsterman.

_"According to the Boreal Spirit King, there is a unique and ultimate way to be able to turn the scales in our favor again and hope to be able to save what can still be saved. He can lead us there and we must make a decision right now ... I don't know what yours will be, but in any case, I'm going."

_"Where you go, I'm going too." Emily affirmed, still holding his hand.

Hella and Mathias, after a shared look like an agreement, took a step forward together.

_"We're coming too. There won't be too many of us if we run into any problems." Hella said.

_"Thank you, my friends." said Mr. Lordi with a nod. "As for the rest of the brotherhood, listen to me: if we have been able to learn of the existence of an ultimate means to save our world, the Great Ancient Ones surely know it too and will surely accelerate their plans. Here is my request: stay in the human world and try to locate the next location that will be attacked."

_"We will do as you wish, Lord Lordi." said Awa with a bow.

All followed the Countess in accepting the request and nodded firmly. Mr. Lordi and Emily felt proud of all their friends, seeing that despite their doubts, they had decided not to give up completely.

************

After touching goodbyes and praying that it wouldn't be the last time they saw all their friends, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mathias and Hella had returned outside the base, walking on the ice floe to finally arriving in front of the tall and majestic Boreal Spirit King who patiently awaited their coming and bowed his head towards them.

_"We are ready." said Mr. Lordi.

_"In that case... no more time to waste."

The great spirit then nodded and slowly rose into the air before them, levitating and letting dancing, undulating rivers of boreal light emanate from its body. These began to form increasingly rapid and blinding circles and swirls around him and the small group. Forced to close their eyes so as not to have their eyes burned and feeling the power of the whirlwind envelop them, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Hella and Mathias huddled together and held on to each other with all their might to stay together, feeling like if he was caught in a real storm. Above them, the great Spirit King then flashed his antlers, then his eyes, and all disappeared, swallowed by the burst of boreal light that emanated from the whirlpool, taking them to an unknown destination but mostly to what seemed to be this universe's last hope for survival.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Hell's Fire 💖Blair💖

Любовные романы

7.4K 271 15
Briar comes from a lineage of noble knights, and, though she is not one herself, she has been trained well by her renowned brother, Sir Peterkin the...
1K 110 49
NOTE: SECOND BOOK IN A SERIES! Times are hard for Kita and her new friends. One moon has passed since Corelia downed the Zyrean spirit-walker in bat...
Silver Bullets Fuana

Мистика

210K 9.3K 31
Before, I had my life all figured out. I would graduate college and get my degree in music, meet my true love and marry, then have two beautiful chil...
79.3K 8K 42
MISTBORN x GAME OF THRONES *Wattpad YA profile Featured story* If Cadence had said no to a blood spirit, the noble family she worked for would still...