Notice me

By InNeedOfHollyWater

As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save he... More

Welcome darlings.
01 | Prince
02 | Sign
03 | Project
04 | Drained
05 | Alex
06 | Candy Cane
07 | Nightmares
08 | Glasses
09 | A Guest
10 | Threat
12 | 10 Dollars
13 | Abuse
14 | Notice Me
15 | Teddy Bear And Bouquet
16 | Help; Part 1
17 | Help; Part 2
18 | Why?
19 | Plan G
20 | Pinky Promise
21 | Weak
22 | Bye Bitch
23 | Letter
24 | Rumors
25 | Court
26 | Connection
EASTER SPECIAL
27 | Pretty Girl
28 | Criminal
29 | Father
30 | Old Man
31 | Friends
32 | Change Of Plans
33 | Question
34 | Cliché
35 | Finally Saved
Former Ending (Didn't Make It)
Tips From Me

11 | Rain

590 17 5
By InNeedOfHollyWater

Sienna's POV

I tossed my phone on the couch. But with my luck, it bounced and fell on the ground. Luckily right on the carpet. I sighed.

Cheryl laughed. "That was comical."

I remained silent, amusingly eyeing Cheryl slurp her ramen. "You know," she swallowed and continued, "it just tells you to not toss your phone around."

"I have it for what? 3 years? The 'no toss rule' applies for the first month of having a new phone." I challenge her to disagree.

She pondered over her reply. "I guess but still." She shrugged. "It's weird our heart skips a beat every time our phone falls on the ground, especially the screen first. Nonetheless, we still toss it around."

"I guess it's in human nature to save time even if it's only milliseconds. And we are lazy." I shrugged.

We chatted over most random things when someone knocked on the door. "I will get it," I said.

I stood up but not before I set my bowl on the coffee table.

I made my way over to the door and opened it with more force than I anticipated. Which caused the person behind them to get smacked in the face with them.

I gasped. "Oh I'm so sorry!--" I started but then I looked closely and found out it was Dom.

"Oh, it's you, well that's okay then."

Dom held his nose. "How delightful," he grunted.

I greeted Kane to which he smiled as they entered the house. I closed the door behind them and walked back into the living room, both of them following me.

"It hurt you know."

Oh, I know.

"Well, you shouldn't stand so close to the door," I argued.

"No, the door should open into the house not outside."

I shrugged, this time with one shoulder. "I did not install them."

Cheryl peeked. "What, the door?"

I nodded.

"They smooched Dom's pretty face." Kane laughed at his friend.

"Again?" Cheryl chuckled.

"What do you mean again?" Kane wondered out loud.

Cheryl sheepishly smiled. "I lost count of how many bloody noses I attended to. Especially delivery guys. We learned we had to warn the person on the other side before opening them but still open them slowly. Erm... But sometimes you tend to forget so..."

Kane full-belly laughed with Dom.
Kane leaned forward putting his palms on his knees, continuing his loud uncontrollable laughter. Dom leaned against Kane, trying to control his hyena-like laugh.

With Cheryl, we looked at each other and back at the boys. Enjoyment shined in our eyes.

When they seemed to finally take control of their... episode. Kane spoke first still occasionally giggling, (Probably at vivid pictures playing in his brain of people getting hit) "That would make some funny compilation."

Dom cracked up.

Cheryl chuckled. "I could ask dad for footage. I know damn well he kept all of those recordings for his amusement."

We laughed.

Cheryl abruptly declared, "Okay! Last day and night without parents! Let's get wasted!"

We cheered.

Not long after we had snacks over the coffee table with beer bottles and a stronger spirit. We all took one shot but I hung around beer after that with Kane. I didn't feel like getting wasted. Yet.

Loud music was blasting through the speakers.

When the next song started we all froze.

Cheryl screamed, "That's my song right here!"

Cheri Cheri Lady

Cheryl quickly set everything down that she was holding and ran to me to dance with me.

"I need you so
There's no time I'll ever go" We all screamed the lyrics. Knowing it by heart.

We laughed and twirled each other while singing our hearts out.

"Cheri, cheri lady
Goin' through a motion
Love is where you find it
Listen to your heart

Cheri, cheri lady
Living in devotion
It's always like the first time
Let me take a part

Cheri, cheri lady
Like there's no tomorrow
Take my heart, don't lose it
Listen to your heart

Cheri, cheri lady
To know you is to love you
If you call me baby
I'll be always yours."

The good songs always end so quickly.

Cheryl went to reverse it but stopped when she heard the next song.

Money, Money, Money, by ABBA

I love whoever chose this playlist. I can be 2000' baby but these songs are and always will be superior.

Once again but much more dramatically we performed the song.

I laughed while watching others dance. I always felt awkward to dance with others. Let's say I wasn't a much-coordinated individual.

But here I'm giving all I got to these songs and enjoying every single moment of it.

Sarà perché ti amo played next and I took this opportunity to go outside on the porch to cool down. It was getting hot in there.

Walking out I noticed it was raining. In the background, I still heard Sarà perché ti amo blasting through the speakers.

I smiled. Now, this right here is the moment.

I stepped into the rain. Leaving my shielded, dry spot under the roof. Behind me, I heard someone coming out of the house. And I had this little feeling I knew exactly who it was.

I watched as lush rain poured from the heavens. "Wonderful," I breathed out.

I stepped out into the rain even more, letting the large drops splatter over me, puncturing my skin most remarkably. I looked up, closing my eyes as the rain drenched me. The water was cold, but I paid it no mind.

I turned to look at Kane, who stood under the roof that shielded him from the aggressive rain, his arms crossed as he watched me with small smile.

I grinned and ushered him to me. He obligated and started almost lazily stalking towards me. I smiled and turned my back to him.

Footsteps behind me grew faster, and in under 10 seconds, arms caught me around my waist and pulled me back and off my feet.

I was laughing as he carried my body off the ground, lifting me in such a way that my face was facing the sky without me leaning my head back.

He set me carefully back onto the ground and spun me so I faced him. His grin grew wider just like his glimmer in his eyes. Kane took a step or 2 back. In one graceful motion, he reached his right hand in front of me with his palm facing up. His left arm went behind his back. "Care to dance with me?"

I stared up at him, my lips parted in shock. Without any further thinking, I took his hand.

Then...

He started to move.

We were dancing.

And so, we slowly danced to the pitter-patter of the rain and the strong, heavy beats of our hearts. It didn't take us a while and we fastened our pace. Giggling and laughing as he would twirl me around, then pull me back close, as if he didn't like the distance.

"You know how to dance," I said as he twirled me again.

He pulled me back to him, his chest rising and falling. "It looks like I do, doesn't it." He cockily grinned.

"Well, don't be such a show off, and let me show you what I can do."

This time I moved, guiding him to dance my way.

I lead him and he let me. Biting back a laugh every time I twirled him. It was dark outside, night, but I still expected him to look around hoping no one would see him being twirled by a girl in a rain. But the whole time his eyes remained on mine. Watching me so intensely that I felt like I could burn under his gaze.

After the first three twirls, he began to add his own spice and feminity to his twirls and moves which made me laugh.

When our lungs were practically yelling at us to have a breather. Kane pulled me back into him.

I watched, as a single water drop rolled off Kane's hair and dropped down onto my lips. Kane tracked the movement of the water drop slowly sliding down my lips to my chin, and finally to the ground.

His eyes flicked back over my face like he was trying to remember everything about how I looked. Every curve, every imperfection.

My heart beating increased.

We were so close to each other we could feel the heat of our bodies between us. Warming us a little.

He seemed to gather courage for something. It didn't take him a while and he said, "You are beautiful."

My cheeks flushed bright red. And his too.

I awkwardly replied, "Thanks."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Only you."

"Let's go inside before one of us catches a cold." He said after waiting and absorbing the moment some more.

I followed him inside. "Ah yes, cold. The fatal illness known to mankind. Especially for males."

He laughed. "To be honest it could bring down a man twice as big as me. It's no joke."

I nodded with sarcastic sympathy.

We entered inside and quickly dried off. Undressing from our hoodies. Luckily both of us had a t-shirt underneath.

We joined Cheryl and Dom who were just putting out a board game.

They exchange glances with each other after catching a glimpse of our still-damp hair but didn't comment on it. Cheryl only shot me a look that said 'you will explain later'.

Kane curiously asked, "A board game?"

Dom grinned. "With a drinking twist!"

Of course.

Kane looked at me as if asking me 'are you up to getting wasted?'

I smirked and nodded.

We sat around the coffee table and began playing.

"Random thought. This living room transformed into our personal hang-out spot." Cheryl voiced out.

We laughed.

"True." I took a shot.

After a bottle and a half, it was safe to say we all were drunk. Some more than others.

Cheryl gasped and shook me. "It's 11:11!"

I gasped and we both laughed and screamed.

Kane and Dom looked at us warily.

Pfft, men. They don't understand.

Cheryl turned to Dom with determination to explain the '11:11' thing to him. He looked even more confused. But he listened to her.

I smiled and turned my head in Kane's direction who was dreamily observing me.

I tilted my head. "What?"

"I'd glue my eyes shut just so you'd be the last person I'd ever see."

"You are drunk."

He smiled. God, that adorable smile. "Drunk words are sober thoughts."

My heart fluttered. And so did butterflies in my stomach. Hell, the whole ZOO.

"You are quite pretty yourself," I commented.

He grinned.

"But don't glue your eyes for me. It would be a shame for the world to not see such mesmerizing eyes."

I loved his eyes.
___________________________________________
A.N.:

Screaming, crying, throwing up. When will be my turn?!

As I said in the last chapter this one is much more set on good vibes.😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 2K 48
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTrAcT "We're role-playing Sunshine, think...
2.2M 54.4K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...
430K 6.8K 42
Originally "My girl." NOT EDITED⚠️ "You love hugs Don't you?" "Only yours." - "You know, if you wanted a kiss you could've just asked, princess."...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...