Hoax {Discontinued}

By rainbowkiller0

As ward of the Queen, Camilla Tully was raised alongside the Princess, Rhaenyra, and the Hand's daughter, Ali... More

Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Part Three
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Part Four
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Not an Update

Chapter Five

848 47 1
By rainbowkiller0

Following the celebrations held for Prince Aegon's second name day, Rhaenyra was sent on a tour of the Seven Kingdoms in hope the Princess would find herself a husband. Camilla had been sad to see her cousin go, the peace that followed Rhaenyra's leave was an enjoyable break from the tension and callousness that seemed to bleed from Rhaenyra's presence.

It was as if a new breath of life had been breathed into the halls of the Red Keep in the Princess's absence. The Queen glowed, a sense of ease filling her now that she was not faced with the hatred her old friend held for her every day. Camilla was happy to see her friend able to relax, no longer was Alicent taut from the stress she held herself under.

The two young women spent their afternoons in the Queen's chambers or under the Weirwood caring for the young prince and princess. That is where a servant found the two nobles. Out of breath from running, the servant warned the Queen and her companion of the return of Prince Daemon, Caraxes having been spotted on the horizon.

Camilla went numb at the mention of the banished prince. Alicent seeing the state her friend was in, took it upon herself to lead the Tully girl to the throne room. The crowd parting to make way for their Queen and her children.

Whispers filled the room as Lords and Ladies gossiped about Prince Daemon's return.

A warm hand squeezing her own, drug Camilla from the confines of her mind. Sending a grateful smile to her friend, Camilla's attention snapped to the great doors as a figure rounded the corner.

Prince Daemon looked as handsome as the last time she had seen him, though his once long locks were now cut short. White sticks wrapped around his head seemingly a mockery of the crown his brother wore. One hand rested on his hip, in reach of Dark Sister, while the other swung by his side holding a hammer of sorts.

Over Daemon's shoulder, Camilla could see a head of white hair following through the crowd. Rhaenyra had returned. As the Rogue prince neared the throne the Kings' Guards drew their swords, pointing them towards the Prince.

Prince Daemon finally came to a stop when the tip of a sword met the armor he wore. He looked down at the blade and then back up to the knight wielding it, before pointing the hammer he held in his right hand at his brother, the King. "Add it to the chair," he said, the weapon fell to the ground.

Murmurs filled the room as people waited to see how the King would react. The Lord Commander sheathed his sword and knelt to pick up the weapon.

"You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself king?" Viserys asked.

"Once we smashed the triarchy they named me King of the Narrow Sea." The crowd further broke out into whispers believing the Rogue Prince had come to declare himself king of his own kingdom. "But I know that there is only one true King, Your Grace."

Prince Daemon dropped to his knee, bowing to his elder brother. The King turned to look at his Hand, seeking advice of some sort but Otto could give none at this moment. King Viserys turned back to his brother, his eyes softening.

"My crown and the Stepstones," The prince removed the crown from his head and looked up to his brother. "are yours."

King Viserys smiled at his brother's words, before looking into the crowd, searching for a particular face. "Well, Where is Lord Corlys?"

"He sailed home to Driftmark."

"Who holds the Stepstones?"

"The tides, the crabs, and two thousand dead Triarchy corsairs staked to the sand to warn those who might follow." At his brother's words, the King walked forward. The sound of metal hitting stone filled the room as the King used his sword as a cane. Alicent's father followed at a distance.

King Viserys took the wooden crown from his brother's hand, inspecting the item. Prince Daemon looked to where Otto stood in front of his daughter, a silent conversation passed between the two as the King handed the wooden crown to his guard. Brother stared at brother as Camilla looked on with baited breath as awaiting her King's judgment.

"Rise." The crowd erupted into applause as the two brothers embraced. "The realm owes you a great debt, brother. And I intend to pay it. Come." The King clasped his brother on the back, leading him from the hall.\

Lilac eyes met ones of violet from across the room, no words were needed as a longing glance passed between the two. Both needed to be in the other's company after so long.

...

A small celebration was hastily put together and thrown in the gardens where Camilla, Alicent and Rhaenyra used to spend their free time. Alicent, Camilla, and Daemon listened on as the King carried on about his Brother. Occasionally Daemon's knuckles would rub against the sky blue satin of Camilla's dress and Camilla's bare shoulder would press against his upper arm. The two gravitated to each other, neither able to resist the pull.

"No no no no. I will not revisit this debate." the King argued with his brother. "You were always mother's favorite. Our mother, she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I sadly, was no great warrior." Viserys spoke as Rhaenyra approached.

The princess couldn't help but notice how close her uncle and cousin stood. It was almost improper, the lack of distance between the two, and neither Alicent nor her father seemed to take notice. Rhaenyra's stomach began to turn as she watched Daemon pinch Camilla's skirt between two fingers.

"My prince," The princess spoke, gaining her father and uncle's attention. "I wished to congratulate you on your victory."

"Thank you Princess," Prince Daemon nodded at his niece.

"It was a mighty victory, one that shall be sung about for eons to come," Camilla looked up at Daemon, a smile growing on her face.

Rhaenyra's stomach began to turn faster as she noticed the way, Daemon's eyes softened upon looking down at Camilla.

Misreading the look on Rhaenyra's face, Alicent spoke up hoping to ease some of her stepdaughter's worries and remove Daemon from the area. ."Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He hasn't yet seen the new tapestries gifted by Norvos and Qohor."

"Oh, oh," the King mocked his young wife. "Would you like to see the tapestries?"

Both men broke into laughter at Alicent's suggestion.

"He has no interest in such things." The King laughed.

"I'd like to see them." Rhaenyra spoke, taking her father's attention off of Alicent.

"Oh well then you should not deprive yourself." The King dismissed his eldest daughter. Turning back to his brother as the Princess walked away and sat on a bench not too far away, unaware of the scheme forming in his brother's mind.

"They are quite lovely, my Prince." Daemon's attention snapped to Camilla at the sound of her voice.

His sweet little shadow.

"Are you offering a private tour perhaps?" Daemon smirked. After so long he would fight another war for a moment alone with his shadow.

"If the King would allow such a thing, I would be honored." Both looked to the King expectedly.

Realizing he had lost his brother's interest, King Viserys merely waved them off, calling to a servant for more wine.

Turning from the King, Camilla looked to her friend for approval. At Alicent's nod, a smile spread across the Tully girl's face.

...

The two barely made it around a corner and out of eyesight before Daemon was pulling Camilla into a hidden enclave. The Tully girl crashed into the Prince's broad chest, Daemon's strong arms wrapping around her. As she bruised her face in his chest. The pair were silent for a moment, merely enjoying the other's company after so long apart.

"I missed you, sunshine." Camilla whispered, the High Valyrian felt rough against her tongue after having not spoke in the language in so long.

"I missed you more, my little shadow." Daemon 's hand ran up her side. His rough fingers trailing over her curves, passing between her breasts and up her neck, lifting her jaw upwards so he could gaze into her eyes.

Camilla held his hand tight to her cheek, closing her eyes as she leaned into his touch. "Why did you not take me with you?"

Daemon froze at her words. Anger rising within him at the topic change. Daemon seethed, attempting to choke down the vitriol bubbling up with in him at the reminder of his mistake. "I had nothing more to offer you, Camilla. I was no longer my brother's heir."

Camilla ignored the fire burning in his eyes, instead she moved his hand from her cheek to her lips. Placing delicate kisses along his knuckles. Camilla did not care if the hand she held had ended lives or was forever stained red with blood. She only cared if it would hold her. "I do not care if you sit upon the Iron Throne, I just wish to be by your side. Can you not see that I am yours, Daemon?"

The fire died down in his chest and a new different fire began to burn, this time lower. Daemon launched forward, pinning Camilla against the stone wall as his lips captured her own. One hand held her hip, digging his fingers into the flesh there. While the other wrapped around her throat, pinning her in place.

Camilla's breath hitched as Daemon's finger's dug into her flesh. No doubt there would be markings there the next day. Camilla's own hands wrapped around his shoulders, one slipping into the hair at the nape of his neck and pulling it taut.

"Fuck." Daemon growled as he pulled from the kiss and Camilla's teeth sunk into his bottom lip. Blood melted into the kiss, from the cut on Daemon's lip.

The feel of cold metal against the side of his neck, shocked Daemon, his hand snapping around Camilla's wrist. Images of war and bloodshed flashed before the Prince's eyes before he shook his head to rid himself of the memories. His Heart raced in his chest and blood thrummed in his ears.

"What is wrong?" Camilla whispered, concern painting her face.

Daemon's eyes focused on the metal hanging off of Camilla's wrist. A silver bracelet with rubies hanging off the chain and a dragon pendant with rubies for eyes and curved into a crescent shape hung off of Camilla's wrist.

"You kept it."

"Of course I did," Camilla responded. "It is my most prized possession."

Daemon merely hummed in response as his lips met Camilla's once again. 

AN: And Daemilla is reunited. All is well...................................... for now.

-ELE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 358 18
She is the firstborn and only daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is no more than the neglected second son of King Viserys I Targaryen. She...
178K 5.4K 30
As ward of the Queen, Camilla Tully was raised alongside the Princess, Rhaenyra, and the Hand of the King's daughter, Alicent. The three were rarely...
7.9K 259 11
In which Otto Hightower pushes his first born daughter to comfort the king instead of his youngest. Viserys Targaryen x Fem!oc All explicit and other...
290K 10.3K 55
The Queen is dead and her best friend is angry. Elowen Redfort, Queen Aemma's Lady-in-waiting and closest confidant is in the room when the que...