Blurred

By JoniiG

Loosing your memory at the age of six, can also mean loosing a crucial part of your life. Y/n has to come fac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 42

76 1 0
By JoniiG

You tried so hard not to think about it. Hawks joined you after a while; Iwasaki probably told him to calm down first. After patrolling, you told him that you weren't feeling very well so you could go to your room for a while.

Obviously an excuse.

You just can't get the conversation with Iwasaki from earlier out of your head. What your brother said has been playing in your head over and over again like a broken cassette and it just won't stop.

Even now, laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling, it's the only thing you can think of as your tears roll down your cheeks.

"I didn't take all my father's punches, kicks, slaps and I don't know what else, for some random piece of trash to hurt my sister!"

That's what your biological dad was, huh? A person who abused his kids. A bad person... Now you know why Keigo wouldn't tell you anything about them. Maybe he had no intention of telling you for all you know. He wouldn't want his little sister to know how bad of a father she had in the past and you probably you've done the same for him...

You sigh, grabbing your phone, in hopes you could talk to Katsuki at least. Izuku hasn't been replying to your messages lately and you're getting worried but knowing him, he's probably just training 24/7. Ignoring the worried messages from your brother, asking if you're okay, you go ahead and text Katsuki.

You: How are things going there, your majesty?

A couple minutes pass before he answers. He's busy.

Katsuki: You'll never shut up about it, will you?

You: Of course not, it's too funny. :)

Katsuki: Whatever. I just came back from patrol. You?

Now you have two options; One, is to tell him your worries but you don't want to bother him since he's busy—plus he still doesn't know Hawks is your brother—and two, lie about everything being okay.

You: Same, I'm back in my room. Are you busy?

Option two it is.

Katsuki: Did you text me because you're bored, bird brain!?

You: Maybe...? :)

Katsuki: I hate you.

You: Do you, though? :)

Katsuki: Those emojis are cringy.

You: See? You're avoiding my question.

Katsuki: Can you get more annoying?

You: We can talk later if I'm bothering you...

Katsuki: That's not what I meant, you idiot. You're not bothering me.

You: You're just saying that so I don't feel bad.

He leaves you on read. Maybe you were annoying him...

You: I'm sorry, Katsuki. I just wanted to talk to someone. I'll let you continue your work.

The message was delivered but never read. Guess he was pissed off a little. It's only natural, he has stuff to do and you were selfishly distracting him from his work.

You put your phone down and decide that a shower might relax you a little. As you're about to enter the bathroom, though, your phone rings. And the ringtone isn't the normal one; someone's video-calling you.

You grab it to check who it is, only to be surprised it's...

"Katsuki?"

"When I tell you you're not bothering me, then you're not! Got it!?"

He looked indeed pissed off but that's his normal angry face. "Oh...Sorry."

"And don't apologize!"

"Okay..." You say, almost whispering. "But why did you leave me on read?"

"I was going back to the hotel to call you, dumbass!" He says, sitting down on the bed. "How else were we going to talk with all the people around me!? Now, tell me what's wrong!"

"Huh?" The last one caught you by surprise. "Nothing's wrong."

"I call you annoying all the time and you know how I say it, so if it bothered you today, then something is wrong." How is he able to read you like this? He has sides you have yet to uncover but being so observant and caring is something you can get used to. "Plus, you said you wanted to talk to someone, so something's definitely up and...You have been crying. Spill."

You smile so brightly it almost makes him smile too. You love it when he is like this. "Wait, did you leave the agency just to talk-"

"Spill!"

You laugh at his stubbornness and how he's trying to avoid your question. Your sadness already going away. "Well, I can't tell you much, honestly..." You only texted Katsuki in hopes to make your mood better. You can't tell him anything about Hawks because he told you to keep it a secret for now. But... "I'm supposed to keep it a secret."

"From me?" He raises an eyebrow like he was offended.

"From everyone. For now, at least."

"Okay, I won't insist, then." He nods his head respecting you for wanting to keep things private for now, even though he really wants to help you with whatever is going on.

"Thank you, Katsuki."

"Yeah, sure, no problem."

"You'll be the first one to know, I promise."

"I don't care if you tell me or not, I just hate seeing you like that." He mumbles, avoiding eye-contact, which made him look so cute. It made your heartbeat a little faster, with a smile it could reach your ears.

"That hairstyle suits you." You noticed it the second you picked up but he started yelling right off the start. You can't help it but tease him, though.

"No, it doesn't! It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen!"

"Are you also wearing jeans?" You say, a chuckle escaping.

"Bye!" He hangs up but it was so worth it because you're laughing so much you almost fell on the floor. Well, he did make your mood better, so you got what you needed.

You hopped in the shower, in hopes of relaxing you a little more. You changed into your hero costume again and left for the agency. You're not sure how you're going to face your brother after what you know but...you can't stay locked up in your room forever. And you have things to do, anyways.

On your way there you felt something strange, though. As if someone was watching or following you. You discreetly looked around but didn't notice anything suspicious.

Then...That's when you felt something you were sure of. The same feeling from a month ago, the same feeling at the USJ and the sports festival...Medea. She was near you could feel it.

You tried to locate her with your wings but you had to be extra concentrated since you were outside with all that noise.

"Y/n!" You hear Hawks call you which distracted you and lost her tracks.

"Damn it." You curse under your breath, looking around in hopes you would spot her with your eyes at least.

"What's wrong?" He asks, looking around as well. "What are you looking for?"

"The reason for my misery." You mumble, still searching.

"What?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing, don't worry about it." You shake your hand. "Anyways, Iwasaki assigned me some things to do." You say, walking inside, looking for her. "Where is she?"

"Gave her the day off," He sighs, signaling you to follow him to his office. "And tomorrow. And the next one. She has a lot to talk about with her mother."

"You know we are leaving on "the next one," right?" You quote with your fingers, taking a seat in his office. "What are we supposed to do if she's not he-"

He reaches for a folder behind his desk and hands you some papers. "If you think she would agree to take days off without having things ready for me for those days, you're underestimating my secretary by a thousand."

"You mean your girlfriend?" You say with a smile.

He smashes the folder on his desk with a serious look on his face. "I only said that so he would leave her alone. Asami and I are-"

"Just friends and your secretary, I know," You recall his previous words while going through the papers. "Doesn't change the fact that you like each other, though. I've seen how you two interact," You look at him smiling. "You never had a boss and employee relationship and never will, Kei."

"It's not..." He pauses and takes a deep breath. "Things are more complicated than you think, Y/n."

"Keep being overprotective then and don't confess your feelings to her."

"I'm not overprotective of her." He says in all seriousness.

You give him an are-you-serious look. "A guy was respectfully looking at her and you were ready to kill him."

"He gave me bad vibes, I didn't trust him."

"Is that so?"

"Okay, I wanted to check on you; I didn't bring you here to give me relationship advice." He sends a feather to the door and opens it, while acting like he's going through papers. "You seem okay so if there isn't anything you want, you can go."

You sigh, standing up to leave but... You caress his hand, looking at him with a caring look in your eyes. "Unlike me, you know exactly what you feel. You both know what it is. Tell her, you won't regret it."

"Unlike you?" He raises his gaze with a frown. "That's funny."

"What do you mean?"

"You know too," He leans in. "We are in the exact same situation, angel. We both know but neither of us will admit it."

As much as you hate to hate to admit, he's right. You are in no position to lecture him about relationships when you can't even be honest with your own feelings towards Katsuki.

"You only know about Katsuki because you were eavesdropping on us that night." That doesn't mean you're gonna admit he's right. "And we're not the same, I'm just unsure of his feelings..."

"See? We are on the same boat." He puts a fake smile on his face as he stands up to leave.

You stand in front of him, holding both of his arms. "No, Hawks, she likes you. I've seen it. I know it."

"Can you go, please?" His expression said it all; he doesn't want to hear a word more about this. You let him go and grab the paperwork assigned for you before exiting his office.

You let out a loud sigh once you sit down. Maybe you shouldn't have been involved with that. You'll let him cool down a little and then apologize to him and also tell him that you were also being nosy with his conversation from earlier.

"Is everything okay, Nagata?" Tokoyami lands his hand on your shoulder and lightly squeezes it. "You seem stressed lately."

"Thanks, Tokoyami, I'm fine but please cut the Nagata and just call me Y/n, already." You say with a chuckle.

"Are you sure you are fine?" The last thing you expected was for Dark Shadow to show up and talk to you, let alone be concerned about you.

It puts a smile on your face though. "Thank you for worrying about me, Dark Shadow, but I really am-" You interrupt yourself and look outside. You felt Medea moving again and this time she's even closer. "Be right back!"

You fly right outside only to spot her inside an alley not too far from the agency. Unfortunately she notices you too but she's close enough to find her next location. You try to make her think you lost her by going around the block to catch her from behind.

She was searching for you inside another alley but you underestimated her since she turned around almost immediately after getting closer to her.

Something was off about her, though. From the moment you felt her around you, she would attack when she had the chance to but she didn't. This was not a trap either. It's like she's running away from you.

She had her knife in her hands but judging from the look on her face, it was to protect herself not attack you. Her eyes, too, were...different. All you ever saw in those eyes was anger, hatred and her thirst for revenge. Now... "I don't want to fight, Y/n, I'm here for that I swear." You barely recognize who you're talking to.

"Calm down," You reach your hand. "I'm not here to fight either. You will probably think I'm talking nonsense but I know what happened to you, my parents told me. You were-"

"You know about my memory damage?" Her knife was slowly going down, feeling safer.

"You remembered?"

She shakes her head. "No, someone else told me the truth."

Her eyes were getting watery the longer she looked into yours. Is this really the same person who was trying to kill you almost a month ago? She might have done that and she injured Katsuki at the USJ but that was only because her head was full of illusions her quirk made her see.

You want to help her, though you don't trust her 100% just yet, you really do.

"I only want to talk, Hina." You say, slowly moving closer to her. "Just trust me and follow me, we can talk in my room with no people around. I only want to help you."

"You know my name, too...?" She almost seemed happy about it.

"Mhm." You murmur, nodding to her with a light smile on your face. What you're doing right now is probably the worst idea you could think of but she also came to you for a reason.

"They've told you everything, haven't they...?"

"Yes," You're now close enough for her to hold your hand. "Do you trust me?" She smiles at you—and it's a genuine smile—with a nod. "Can I trust you?"

She scoffs lightly, still smiling. "Now that we both know, I can't hurt my little sister, can I?"

Time stood still. There was nothing moving. It was just you and her staring at one other, her with a smile and you... horrified.

"What did you say...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 907 22
What if you were making yourself suffer to let him be happy? Y/N L/N is a first year student at UA High, the prestigious academy for heroes-in-traini...
23K 1.6K 29
You awaken one day with virtually no memories. The only thing guiding you is some strange system that likes to dictate your every move, and for some...
2.9M 99.5K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...
180K 6K 18
๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข. - ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ