Life of Troubles (TLOK)

By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

A young manipulative and playful man who journeys almost everywhere. Heading to Republic City wondering what... More

♧Introduction of Characters♧
♧Love Interest and Element♧
♧Welcome to Republic City♧
♧A Leaf in the Wind♧
♧The Revelation♧
♧The Revelation: Part 2♧
♧The Voice in the Night♧
♧The Voice in the Night:Part 2♧
♧The Spirit of Competition♧
♧The Spirit of Competition: Part 2♧
♧And the Winner Is...♧
♧And the Winner Is...:Part 2♧
♧The Aftermath♧
♧The Aftermath: Part 2♧
♧When Extremes Meet♧
♧When Extremes Meet: Part 2♧
♧Out of the Past♧
♧Out of the Past: Part 2♧
♧Turning the Tides♧
♧Turning the Tides: Part 2♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet: Part 2♧
♧Endgame♧
♧Endgame: Part 2♧
🆂🅴🅰🆂🅾🅽 2
♤Rebel Spirit♤
♤Rebel Spirit: Part 2♤
♤The Southern Lights♤
♤The Southern Lights: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 2♤
♤Peacekeepers♤
♤Peacekeepers: Part 2♤
♤The Sting♤
♤The Sting: Part 2♤
PREVIEW
♤Beginnings: Part 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 2♤
♤The Guide♤
♤The Guide: Part 2♤
♤A New Spiritual Age♤
♤A New Spiritual Age:Part 2♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars: Part 2♤
♤Harmonic Convergence♤

♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 1♤

59 1 0
By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Seven:
Beginnings: Part 1
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

There was a group of men in the city square. One man shouting trying to encourage others to join them out in the wild.

Wan & Y/N: Count me in.

Both teens looked at each then to the man walking up to them.

Huntsman: We're going to be out in the wilds for a week. You two wouldn't last two seconds.

Y/N: Please... if you idiots can handle being out then so can I. Not sure about this idiot but I can.

Wan: Hey!

Y/N ignored him as she stepped forward to the man.

Y/N: So~ where can I get the fire?

Huntsman: You'll get it, but do you know how to use it?

Y/N pressed her lips together looking away. She heard of people using it but she never got to it either or was either too scared to leave her brother alone. She told him she'll be leaving for a good while and will be back soon.

Wan: Well, not exactly, but I-

Huntsman #2: Ah, let them come. Not like we got any other volunteers lining up.

The second huntsman said as he placed both hands on both teens. They smiled at him before turning to the first huntsman.

Huntsman: Fine. Let's go.

The hunting party is walking up to the lion turtle. At a cliff, they stop, and the huntsman blows on his horn. The lion turtle emerges upon hearing the call.

Wan: The lion turtle.

Y/N eyes widened at the scene hearing what Wan said softly. She was amazed that this was the source of the element to be given. If were to use and leave this hellish place she could run away with Leroi and find him medicine at last.

Huntsman: Great guardian of our city, we are venturing into the Spirit Wilds to bring back food for our people. Please, grant us the power of fire.

Lion Turtle: The power is yours to keep until your return.

It raises its claw and just as Wan was about to go Y/N went up first.

Lion Turtle: May the element of fire protect you against the spirits.

Y/N lifted the palm of her hands and soon fire bursted out, shocking her at the sight.

Y/N: So this is the element of fire... beautiful..

Wan went up next getting the same but with a different reaction than Y/N.

They soon headed out into the wild but Y/N and Wan had different plans in their head. Y/N slowly walked back and ran off back to the lion turtle.

Wan: Not much of a problem, is it?

Y/N: Umm... Lion Turtle...

The Lion Turtle soon appeared and revealed itself.

Y/N: I came to ask for permission to use your power and to leave. Me and my brother wish to start off new and I need this to protect myself but for him.

Leori stood beside his sister as he held his stuff in his arm as he stared in awe of the Lion Turtle.

Lion Turtle: If that is what you want. May you leave and keep the power to yourself.

Y/N nodded as she grabbed her brother's hand and went off.

Leroi: How much longer Y/N? I'm–

A cough came out but this time much worse. When he uncovered his mouth, blood was on the palm of his hand.

Y/N: Leroi! Hey, don't worry, I'm- I'm sure there's something good.

Y/N picked up his body as it began to burn up. Quicker than she wanted. This all over again with her parents. Just fits of coughs, high fever then to more of coughs but this blood would slowly come, and fever would start rushing in. She's not losing him.

She then saw an oasis. That's what she needed, but as she stepped forward a spirit came out.

Aye-aye spirit: No humans are welcomed here. Begone.

Y/N: Please... my brother, he just needs some water, and we'll leave.

Aye-Aye spirit: Not my problem. Why didn't you get some medicine at your village?

Y/N: I left that's why! My brother is dying and I'm not risking losing him. Please.

Aye-Aye Spirit: Still no. Bye.

Y/N felt anger rise before taking her turn and leave once more.

Y/N: This is bullshit! Some spirits, I thought they would at least help someone like you.

Leroi: Y/N please... it's okay—

Y/N: Will you cut that out! All "I'm fine" and "It's okay" shit is pissing me off. Do you really want to die Leroi!?

Leroi stayed quiet until they spotted some animal stuck on the ground as it ground to untie some sort of rope on their ankle.

Y/N: You want to help it, don't you?

Y/N didn't need to look at her brother knowing he wanted to. She let out an annoyed sigh as she sat him on the ground making him lean on the tree.

When she was approaching the animal, it started to let out some sort of screech but stopped when it saw that Y/N used her flames and burned the rope.

Y/N: There. Now go...

Y/N turned her head and picked up Leroi to begin her journey.

Aye-Aye Spirit: You sure are odd human.

Y/N stopped and saw the same spirit she saw earlier.

Y/N: And? Want to tell me to leave here too? It's just a small act anyways... nothing more.

Aye-Aye Spirit: True, but small acts are big in ways you don't know. Still, I think I have a way to heal your brother.

This made her eyes widened in surprise and in shock. She looked at her brother whose eye's kept opening and closing and his breathing was becoming more rigid and harsh.

Y/N: You swear?

The spirit nodded. It walked off as Y/N followed, they went to a small lake making Y/N confused. But even more so, she saw Wan there too with the spirits. But she didn't question whatsoever.

Aye-Aye Spirit: Lay him in here.

Y/N did so, and the glow came out and dimmed out. Leroi slowly sat up and felt incredible.

Y/N: Just what happened?

Wan: This water has special healing properties.

Another spirit came by and saw what was going on.

Spirit: Aren't you going to look for another Lion Turtle city?

Y/N: I– I don't think so... I think it's best if we stay here. If we may?

The spirits all agreed but one. Wan was surprised by this too but stayed quiet.

Aye-Aye Spirit: I'm not sure. I mean this one wants to stay and now you two as well? This never has happened before.

Y/N: First time for everything.

Wan: Yeah. We'll learn your ways.

Aye-Aye Spirit: Alright. I guess we can try it. I've never had a human as a pet before. I think I'll call you "Stinky." and your name will be "Rudy."

Y/N felt her eye twitch by the name.

Y/N: It's Y/N.

Aye-Aye: No, Rudy sounds more accurate.

Days to weeks passed since Wan, Y/N and Leroi stayed with the spirits. Leroi's health increased for the better since staying. Y/N's hair has gone to good length, down to her waist down ever since.

Right now, Y/N and Wan were with two dragons moving with it in motion with their bending as the spirits were in awe at the two including Leroi.

This was called the "Dancing Dragon."

When things got out of hand, they would save the spirits with their bending. But when the huntsman saw, they were shocked to see them and them using their bending as if it was their extension of their body.

The cat deer has a traveling pack and a saddle. Wan scratches its neck, and it tilts its head and purrs. Y/N was placing the last things on the cat deer.

Leroi: You sure you have to go?

Y/N: Don't worry, Leroi. We just want to explore. When we come back, I'll tell you everything, right Wan?

Wan nodded at the girl. He had to admit, he had grown some feelings for her but she didn't or so he thought.

Wan: Thank you for everything. Goodbye, everyone.

Y/N got on Mula wrapping her arms around his waist as she waved goodbye.

Spirit: We'll miss you!

They traveled and when they reached a valley of river spirits were coming in all one direction. Running yelling about two great spirits fighting.

Wan and Y/N go to investigate what is causing the stampede. They reach a clearing where two large spirits, a black and a white one, are locked in battle, destroying their surroundings as they go. Wan runs up to them and firebends at them, drawing the spirits' attention.

Y/N: Those are the great spirits... amazing

Y/N just watched as they fought and Wan trying to pull them apart. That was until the black spirit called out to her.

Vaatu: Girl.. please, help me.

Raava: Don't! Leave us be!

The white spirit yelled out to her. She wanted to but in her felt like it was best not to intervene. She felt maybe something could happen if she did.

Wan firebends at the spirits, but is tossed aside by Raava, shocking Y/N as he winces at the pain. As he emerges out of the bushes again, he notices that the two spirits are only connected with one another by one tentacle. He firebends at that connection, severing it. As soon as they're separated, Vaatu flies away to rest atop a nearby mountain, while Raava screams and shrinks slightly.

He then thanks him before turning to Y/N. She felt something would be off and knew she had to go after him.

Y/N: I'm going after him. You stay and deal with this spirit.

Raava: No, wait!

Raava called out but she was already out of reach. Y/N finally reached Vaatu seeing he was waiting for her.

Y/N: What are you?

Vaatu: I am the spirit of chaos and darkness. But you– you can call me Vaatu...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.4K 52
∞ Y/n and Korra are best friends! And have been for many years, until life changes and y/n leaves, they eventually meet again but it's different, how...
36.2K 1.1K 26
TW: this story mentions the progression of a terminal illness that can be upsetting. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Patient x Nurse AU [korrasami] ---- There...
33.1K 638 57
From a young age the Avatar and the Princess were the best of friends, when Korra started to train the line between friends and more changed.
8.1K 387 12
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...