Life of Troubles (TLOK)

By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

A young manipulative and playful man who journeys almost everywhere. Heading to Republic City wondering what... More

♧Introduction of Characters♧
♧Love Interest and Element♧
♧Welcome to Republic City♧
♧A Leaf in the Wind♧
♧The Revelation♧
♧The Revelation: Part 2♧
♧The Voice in the Night♧
♧The Voice in the Night:Part 2♧
♧The Spirit of Competition♧
♧The Spirit of Competition: Part 2♧
♧And the Winner Is...♧
♧And the Winner Is...:Part 2♧
♧The Aftermath♧
♧The Aftermath: Part 2♧
♧When Extremes Meet♧
♧When Extremes Meet: Part 2♧
♧Out of the Past♧
♧Out of the Past: Part 2♧
♧Turning the Tides♧
♧Turning the Tides: Part 2♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet: Part 2♧
♧Endgame♧
♧Endgame: Part 2♧
🆂🅴🅰🆂🅾🅽 2
♤Rebel Spirit♤
♤Rebel Spirit: Part 2♤
♤The Southern Lights♤
♤The Southern Lights: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 2♤
♤Peacekeepers♤
♤Peacekeepers: Part 2♤
♤The Sting♤
♤The Sting: Part 2♤
PREVIEW
♤Beginnings: Part 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 2♤
♤The Guide♤
♤The Guide: Part 2♤
♤A New Spiritual Age♤
♤A New Spiritual Age:Part 2♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars: Part 2♤
♤Harmonic Convergence♤

♤Civil Wars: Part 1♤

104 3 0
By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Three:
Civil Wars: Part 1

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Korra has reopened the Southern spirit portal and taken the first step to restoring balance between spirits and man. Meanwhile, tensions are high between Korra and her father after she discovered he was hiding a dark secret. Years ago, Tonraq was banished from the North. And now the Northern navy has landed on Southern shores. What other plans does Unalaq have for the Avatar?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The scene begins at the tribal palace, where Northern troops are marching to Southern civilians, creating a commotion.

Northern Soldier: Everyone, clear the streets! Get back to your homes.

But the people did not as they stood still confused on what was going on in their homeland.

The Northern soldier gestures and two waterbenders bend ice barricades, separating the civilians. The troops continue marching.

Cut to the harbor where waterbenders are forming ice walls around the docks, preventing ships from leaving. Cut to Korra and Unalaq.

Korra: Uncle, why did you bring your troops down from the North?

Unalaq: Now that you've opened the Southern portal, we need to protect it from the people who would do the spirits harm.

Korra:  I can protect it.

Korra spoke confidently to her uncle but he continued mentioning another portal, in the north, that needs to be open.

Korra: But, the solstice is over. How am I going to open it?

Unalaq: The spiritual energy is much stronger in the North. And now that you've opened the Southern portal, your energy is stronger as well.

Korra: With both portals open, our tribes will be united again

Unalaq: The world will be united again.

The setting changes to the Southern Air Temple, where Tenzin and Pema are relaxing. Kya is sitting on a rock, feeding lemurs. Pema was holding Rohan while Tenzin began to talk as he hadn't felt relaxed until Bumi entered "ruining" the relaxing moment.

Tenzin:  And I've really enjoyed having you two around. Reminds me of all those great vacations we took as kids with Dad.

Kya frowned hearing it as she spoke telling Tenzin.

Kya: Uhh, I think your memory's a little foggy.  Bumi and I weren't on those great vacations. It was always just you and Dad.

Tenzin: No, that can't be right. What about the time he took us to Kyoshi Island to ride the elephant koi?

Kya responded that neither she or Bumi went to the "magical trips" with him or their father together, making Tenzin question what really happened. But it was cut short when only Jinora and Meelo arriving without Ikki,

Pema asked the two wondering where she was. Jinora mentioned that she left while Meelo said that she ran away. Upset about it, Tenzin volunteered to find their daughter. Kya and Bumi also agreed to help find the young girl.

Cut back to the outskirts of Wolf Cove, followed by the interior of Tonraq's house where there is a meeting. Y/N Along as he sat next to Korra with his head on her shoulder while Amane sat next to Korra's mother.

Tonraq: Thank you for coming, everyone. I know these last few days have been very troubling.

Then Varrick entered the conversation,having a plate of cookies to himself and Zhu Li standing behind, making everyone turn their attention to him.

Varrick:  Troubling? Troubling is when I get that itchy rash that won't go away, and Zhu Li's not around to scratch it. This is shocking.

Stands straight and drops cookies off the plate before tossing the plate to the floor.

Varrick: Nay, sickening! But these kale cookies? Opposite.

Then he turned to look at Zhu Li to remind him about the cookies recipe. Though Y/N glared at Varrick for two reasons. One for dropping the cookies Korra's mother made and for being here in their house.

Tonraq: What's your point, Varrick?

Varrick: My point is,—

Grabbing a few more cookies for himself as he continued to speak.

Varrick: Unalaq's already booted our chieftains out of their palace. How long before he starts telling us what kind of cookies we can eat?

At that Y/N catched the cookies that were about to fall and began to eat them. Korra just looked at him like he was a cat. Amane just rolled his eyes while Senna smiled seeing how he was.

Varrick: Rhetorical question, Zhu Li, you gotta keep up. Not to mention, I've got a cargo ship full of halibut that's rotting thanks to this harbor lockdown? Who wants to buy a ship full of stinking fish?

Varrick then slammed the plate to the floor but when he looked at Y/N he shivered seeing the glare before he apologized and continued.

Varrick: Seriously, it's not rhetorical. I need to sell these fish.

Korra stood up making everyone turn their attention to her now as she spoke her part.

Korra: Chief Unalaq is here to help the South. He wants to show us how to restore balance with the spirits so they'll stop attacking.

Varrick: The only spirit I'm interested in restoring is our spirit of independence. Am I right, people?

The people started to agree with Varrick but Korra continued hoping it would change their mind.

Korra: All Unalaq is trying to do is make our tribes unified again.

Varrick: No, he wants control of our wealth. My wealth. And I like my wealth. If Unalaq doesn't pull his forces out, then we have no choice but to fight for our freedom!

He claims as he made the gathering agree once again in anger making Korra confused but also frustrated.

Korra: You want to start a war? Are you crazy?

Y/N then was the next to stand up but took a bite of the cookie as he looked at Korra.

Y/N: As crazy as it sounds Korra.. Varrick's right.. I don't trust Una- what's his name and neither does my brother or your dad. Correct?

He faced Tonraq as he nodded as he stood up as well looking at Korra as he stood beside Y/N.

Tonraq: Unalaq started this, not us.  I'm sorry, maybe you could speak with your uncle. Tell him how frustrated we all are. He'll listen to what the Avatar has to say. Do it for me.

Korra: I'll do it for the tribe.

She walked away angrily as Y/N patted his shoulder as he ran after her. Amane stayed behind as he placed his hand on Senna's back to comfort her.

Varrick: I cannot stop eating these things.

Varrick then went to Tonraq as he spoke softly but sternly to him.

Varrick:  Look, we all know where this conflict is heading. We need to start preparing for war.

Cut to a sweating Bolin pulling a rickshaw. Desna and Eska are seated at the back, with Pabu in Desna's hand.

Eska: I will hate to leave this quaint tribe.

Desna: Is that true, Eska?

Eska: Of course not, Desna, I will not miss it at all. I hold immense dislike for the South.

Eska then began to laugh, but it sounded awkward and forced which Desna followed along not long after.

Eska: Bolin, laugh at my humorous quip!

Bolin: Yes, dear

He laughed forcefully at her "joke" she made. Bolin stops the rickshaw and runs to the side where he earthbends a small flight of stairs before gesturing for Eska to walk down. Holding Eska's hand while she descends the stairs.

Bolin: You know, I'll be really sad when you have to leave. It's been really great getting to know you. Really..

Eska: But you will be coming with me to the North. There we will live the rest of our lives together in icy bliss.

She walks away calling Boling foolish at his comment of being separated. That's when Bolin saw Mako and Amane walking together.

Bolin: Mako! I'm so happy to see you! You too Amane!

Mako: Uh, you all right, bro?

Amane: Yeah...I just left Korra's place and now you look distressed..

Bolin: Well I am!! I can't take it anymore. Listen, I don't want to live in icy bliss with Eska!

He began to weep begging not to go or to be forced to go.

Mako: Uh, hey, if you're that unhappy, just break up with her.

Bolin: Break up with her? You can do that?

Mako: Yeah. Guys do that all the time.

Bolin: How?

He questioned both as Amane just shrugged his shoulders as he was inexperienced with women unlike his brother..or so he thought..

Mako then explained that they're not interested anymore, making Bolin shake his head as he worried for the worst.

Mako: Ending a relationship is kind of like pulling off a blood-sucking leech. You just gotta rip it off and get it over with. You'll feel a lot better afterwards. Trust me.

Bolin: Thanks, Mako. Whew. I'm lucky you're so good at breaking girls' hearts. And for Y/N...though on Y/N's hand...man Korra better be on her watch for other women around him...haha...

Though he stopped when Mako and Amane stared at him, offended and surprised.

Amane: The hell you mean by that?...

Bolin: Oh...it's..just...that he..met a lot of women...and....you know what..I think I should leave..

Now inside of the Southern Water Tribe palace, Korra and Y/N walk in to see Unalaq sitting on the throne.

Unalaq: Our next training session isn't until tomorrow.

Unalaq opened his eyes seeing Korra but he narrowed slightly, catching a glimpse of Y/N. He always had a bad feeling even if he wasn't near him at all.

Korra: I'm sorry to interrupt. It's about our conversation this morning.

Unalaq: Yes?

Korra: I understand why you brought your troops here, but I'm afraid it's sending the wrong message.

Unalaq: Your father has been talking to you.

Korra: Not just him. Varrick too. There was a meeting at my parents' house. A lot of Southerners feel like their tribe is being invaded.

Though, she left out Y/N so she wouldn't cause him trouble already with her uncle.

Unalaq: I am their chief. I'm uniting, not invading.

Y/N: Well Chief.. It looks like you are invading and not uniting. And this whole bullshit you are pulling could lead to a civil war!

Korra: Y/N!

Korra yelled and whispered to him as he stepped forward staring at Unalaq dead while Unalaq did the same.

Unalaq: This boy...his energy... well if the Water Tribes were at war, the other nations would take sides. The dark spirits would thrive off this negative energy, and the world would be thrown into a battle between spirits and man. And that would be catastrophic..

Y/N: Then explain to Avatar here, on how we stop this.

Unalaq: We? No, young man..

Unalaq stood up from his throne looking at both teens.

Unalaq: This is a war only the Avatar can prevent.

Korra: I'm usually the one starting fights. I don't know how to stop them from happening.

Unalaq walked to Korra standing a couple feet away due to Y/N standing relatively closer to her than usual.

Unalaq: As the Avatar, you must remain neutral in this conflict. You will naturally want to help your people, but showing favoritism will not help our tribes find unity.

Korra: Maybe Tenzin was right. Maybe I'm not ready to be the Avatar.

She looked away feeling down and discouraged at her own words making Y/N draw his brows together. He didn't say anything as he just held her hand tightly trying to give reassurance.

Unalaq: Tenzin lacked faith in you. But I have no doubt that you will become the most admired Avatar the world has ever known.

Korra: Thank you Uncle...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.3K 25
Koza has no family, or so he thinks. The young man has a style of bending completely foreign to the world and thinks himself a monster for possessing...
70.9K 2K 24
Sakiko, a non bender from the fire nation who just recently moved to republic city. as she walked around town, she meets a fire ferret and a friendly...
2.8K 137 9
❪ BLEED YOUR HEART OUT ❫ ──── ❝You weren't there, and you hurt me.❞ She is Lin Beifong's daughter, embodying the same fearlessness, strength, and tou...
39.2K 1.6K 17
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑. 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑜...