Between Lies (GxG)

By zerotwofifteen

[COMPLETED] Adriana Lexi Mendez is a highly successful, intimidating and the youngest doctor in the Philippin... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 13- Drowning
Chapter 14- First Real Kiss
Author's Note
Chapter 15- Red Ears
Chapter 16- FEVER MADNESS
Chapter 17- Uncertainty
Chapter 18- Nervous
Chapter 19- A Painful Confession
Chapter 21-Farewell Party (Part II)
Chapter 22- Unexpected Vacation
Chapter 23- Officially yours
Chapter 24- Growing Pain
Chapter 25-Captive
Chapter 26-Face of Tragedy
Chapter 27- In the Midst of Loss
Chapter 28- Inevitable Reunion
Chapter 29- Wasted
Chapter 30-Dinner
Chapter 31- Penultimate
Chapter 32- The Finale
Sneak Peek

Chapter 20-Farewell Party

5K 224 68
By zerotwofifteen

Chapter 20

Today is Sunday and it's my off.  Weeks have past and I barely see Adriana in her house and in the clinic.  She's been spending her time in the hospital for the turn-over. 

She just informed me that she won't be around for a while since she is running some errand, and she needed to settle things first in the hospital since this will be her last week in the hospital.  She'll be focusing on her clinic after the turn-over.

Hindi ko na sya halos naaabutan sa bahay.  Minsan alanganing oras na ito nakakauwi, at agad din naman papasok.  Minsan kukuha lang ng damit or matutulog lang sandali tapos back to duty na.

This morning, she gave me my salary for like a month working.  I refused to take it, but she was too persistent.  Wala na ko nagawa kundi tanggapin iyon.

She was wearing her gym outfit when she gave me my salary, so she's probably going to the gym or baka mag jog around the subdivision.  She usually tagged me along pero ngayon ay hindi na ko isinama nito. 

After receiving my salary, she immediately left as if always in a hurry. After my confession, she also rarely shows up. I don't know if it's intentional or just really busy with work.

I hope she's just busy. However, today is Sunday, I know she won't go to the hospital today. I'll just wait for her and probably ask her what she wants for lunch. I missed cooking for her or giving her notes to read before eating lunch. I really want to make her feel that I'm serious.

And to be honest, I don't want to give Grayson false hope because now I know that we're just friends. I'm just looking for the perfect timing to tell him. He's also quite busy and I rarely get to talk to him. But one of these days, I need to tell him that I can only offer friendship. He deserves so much more.

I cleaned the inside and, also the outside of the house before taking a bath. I also did Adriana's laundry because it was already piled up. It's a bit tiring but I still need to work. She gave me a lot, so I feel ashamed that I haven't been taking care of the house much.

It's already 10:30 am, and I've finished all my tasks and even took a shower, but Adriana still hasn't arrived. I mean, it's been a long time, right? She left earlier and it's been three hours already. I'm starting to worry.

I messaged her, but she hasn't seen it. She didn't even tell me if she's going somewhere. I messaged Grayson to ask if Doc Jack is with Adriana, but he had no idea.

I just cooked lunch in case she arrives. I made a special meal for her today, and I hope she'll likes it. I want us to eat together because I miss her so much. I only feel recharged when I'm with her.

Even though she made it clear that she doesn't like me. I'll admit, it hurts when someone you like can't reciprocate your feelings. However, that's life, and I have to accept it.

...

It's almost dinner time and the food I cooked for her has gone cold. I worked hard on it, but she still hasn't arrived and hasn't even informed me. I went ahead and ate because I was too hungry to wait. I'm really worried now.

I've sent her several messages, but they haven't been delivered. As far as I know, she doesn't have work today, so why hasn't she come back yet?

I decided to reheat the food in the oven just in case she arrives anytime soon. Maybe she went to the hospital or had some errands to do. One thing's for sure, I know she'll come home tonight.

After reheating the food, I went to the bedroom for a half bath. I changed into my sleepwear after taking a shower. I want to sleep early tonight because I got tired from cleaning all day.

Actually, I had a late lunch today because I was waiting for my boss. I won't be having dinner anymore, but it's a good thing I didn't cook too much, just enough for us.

While making my bed, I heard someone entering the main door.  I'm pretty sure it was Adriana, and suddenly I felt excited.   I checked the reflection of my face in the mirror, I looked just fine.  I hurriedly dragged myself out of the room wanting to see her so bad.

I stopped when I saw her enter, walking unsteadily and reeking of alcohol. She was still wearing the clothes she had on before she left.

I approached her quickly to confirm if she was drunk, and indeed she was becoming an alcoholic. I wanted to stop her from drinking as it was not good for her health, and it could eventually affect her work and profession.

I led her to the kitchen to eat and offered to make her coffee. However, she got angry and pushed me away

"Let go of my hand, Cara"  she said in a low voice.

I ignored it and watched her sat on the chair. I replied softly. "Sige na kumain ka na muna"

"Let go, didn't you hear it?" she said, annoyed as she forcefully stood up.

"P-pinagluto kita"

"I don't care!" she shouted this time and pushed my hand away. Angrily, she walked away from me, but I quickly held onto her.

"Kung ayaw mong kumain, ihahatid nalang kita sa room mo." Still, I tried my best to respond calmly.

"I said, get your hands off me! I don't ever want to be touched by you. Heck! I don't even want to see you again!" I flinched. Her voice was loud, and I was scared.

"A-ano bang problema mo?"

She pointed at me and said, 'You are my problem! You! Since the day you came! I don't know myself anymore! I hate you! I really hate you!'

''Do you hate me that much?" I didn't care anymore. I was going to say what I wanted to say because I was full of her attitude. I knew she was drunk, but I didn't deserve to be treated that way.

"Yes! To the point that I don't want to see your face again! Like, get out of my life now before you ruin everything!" She pointed at the door. I felt a slight urge to cry, but I held it back. She doesn't deserve my tears again.

"Lasing ka lang, Adriana," I said in denial. I didn't want to believe what she was saying, but it hurt so bad.

"Oh, come on! I'm not! I know what I'm saying, Cara. I hate this. I hate you...' Her voice trailed off weakly.

"O-okay," I nodded slowly. I didn't have the nerve to stay if she wanted me to leave. I still had some dignity left in me.

I was hesitant to move away from her. She's a bit drunk and I want to stay by her side, but she's already pushing me away. And I can't take it anymore.

I dragged myself away from her, went straight to my room and took the money I saved from my work that she gave me. I need to be practical. I'll be needing a new shelter. Like an apartment or dorm.

I took the money and quickly left. I caught her sitting on the floor in the living room, looking like she's thinking.

I stopped in front of her.

"Thank you sa pagpapatuloy nyo sakin dito.  Maraming maraming salamat.  Utang ko pa rin yung buhay ko sainyo.  You saved me.  At.." I gasped before continuing. "At habang buhay kong tatanawin yun.  Alagaan nyo yung sarili nyo."  There. The tears that have been threatening to fall finally flowed freely.

She looked up at me. Her face was emotionless. I wanted her to say something or stop me. Because I'll stop if she does. I'm that weak when it comes to her. Even though what she said hurt so much. I felt so humiliated.

I was having an internal debate whether I should leave or not but decided to leave anyways.  Wala naman itong sinabi upang pigilan ako.  I was waiting pero wala eh.  Hindi naman kasi ako mahalaga para dito. 

"Goodbye" - that was the last word I said before I turned my back on her. Slowly, as if waiting for her to grab my hand and apologize for saying mean things to me. Well, who was I kidding?

She didn't do anything but watch me walk away.

When I reached the gate, I finally stepped out. I closed it and took one last look at the house where I had lived for a long time, which had served as my refuge.

..

"Tell me what happened," Grayson asked while handing me a cup of chamomile tea. I am currently in his unit, after telling him that his future sister-in-law kicked me out. He picked me up outside the subdivision. Luckily, I brought my phone, but I will return it when I see Adriana.

"Pwede ba next time ko nalang idetalye?" I handed back the tea and thanked him.

"Sure. You can sleep in the other room, it's newly furnished and ready for sleepovers."

"Thank you. Don't worry, Lilipat nalang ako sa apartment tomorrow. May kilala ka ba na nagpaparent na affordable place?" I said while drinking the tea he gave me.

"Uhmm yeah, my aunt owns an apartment near here. But you can stay in the other room. No one's using it, and I rarely come home since I'm busy at the hospital," he offered.

It was a good offer because I would save money, but accepting it didn't sound appropriate. It's like living in together, right? I don't want him to think that I'm taking advantage of his kindness. And I'm still waiting for the perfect timing to tell him I like someone else.

"No. Hindi na.  Magrerent nalang ako. Thanks anyway."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. Actually, he still has to go to the hospital, but he dropped by to let me stay in his unit first.

"Okay, baka late ka na sa duty mo," I said.

"Okay, I need to go. Message me if you need anything."

It was already late, and I was very sleepy. I wanted to rest.

I just nodded. Before he left, he tapped my shoulder. I forced a smile. I know he's worried. I appreciate all his help. If only it was as easy as unliking Adriana and liking him instead. I wish it were that easy to change feelings. I wish I could teach my heart.

...

It's already three-thirty in the morning, but I still can't sleep. I toss and turn in bed, but sleep still eludes me. I've tried counting sheep, but it doesn't help.

I have a lot on my mind. I know I'm not welcome at my job in the clinic anymore. I don't have the nerve to push for my own cause.

How will I survive on such money left? If I pay a month's rent in advance and a deposit, I don't know where I could get money to survive. It might only last a month. Then, where will I get more money? Will I end up being a homeless person again?

Grayson is willing to help, but I don't want to use him. I won't accept it, especially since I plan to tell him that I can only give him friendship. I'm so stressed out.

I'm also feeling really bad about Adriana kicking me out. I thought we were friends, but I was wrong. I won't be important to her even a little bit. It's really painful to accept.

How I wish I could just shut down my feelings easily.  I decided to stop thinking of her dahil nasasaktan lang ako lalo.

Since I can't sleep, I clean up Grayson's entire condo unit. The last time I was here, his unit was so clean, but now it's dusty and cluttered. He's been so busy that he hasn't had a chance to tidy it up. This is the least I can do for him.

I finished around five o'clock. I also cleaned a lot in the living room, making sure there was no visible dust. It's just a small way for me to repay Grayson's kindness.

He's an angel. I was so tired that I sat down in the living room. I started to feel drowsy and closed my eyes, I knew I shouldn't stay up late because it could trigger my asthma.

Before I could fall asleep, I heard someone opening the main door. I stood up and waited for Grayson to enter. He came in looking exhausted, with messy hair like he just woke up. But he still looked handsome, even with his disheveled hair. He yawned as he approached me and gave me a warm smile.

"Oh! You woke up so early," he said.

I smiled back at him. "Actually, di pa ko natutulog."

"Tsk, why? Are you not comfortable?"

"Madami lang akong iniisip.  At gusto ko na rin lumipat ng apartment."

"You really don't want to stay here, do you?"

"It's not like that. Nahihiya lang talaga ako.  Di ko matatanggap tulong mo. I hope you understand."

"Okay, I have informed Tita Donna about this, and she said they have one vacant room for you."

"Pero magpahingan ka muna.  Pwede ko naman puntahan yun mag isa."

"Nah, I slept in the quarter earlier. Wait, let me change real quick." He hurriedly went to his room to change.

I was left checking my phone for messages from Adriana, but to my disappointment, there were none. I was also running low on battery since I left my charger. But, I'll return it once I see Adriana.

After a few minutes, Grayson came out looking fresh and smelling good despite not having slept. He was just wearing a plain white t-shirt and black nylon shorts, but he looked really clean.

"Let's go?" he asked, and I nodded in response. We took the elevator down to the parking area of the condo, which was quite dark, but there was a guard keeping watch. There were several luxury cars parked there.

We went to the far end where Grayson's car was parked. He opened the passenger side for me, but as I was about to get in, I was temporarily blinded by a car that was approaching us. I knew exactly whose car it was. "Ate Adie, what are you doing here?" Grayson asked, annoyed nang huminto ang sasakyan at bumaba si Adriana.

"She's going home with me, Grayson," she said, looking at Grayson with the same annoyance on her face. Habang papalapit saamin

"No, she's not going with you."

"She is," she grabbed my hand and forcefully dragged me towards her car, but Grayson quickly intervened and stopped her. "Ouch," I said as they tugged at my arm.

"Sorry, Cara," Grayson said, examining my arms.

"It's okay."

Adriana pulled me towards her car again, but Grayson stopped her. "Ate Adie, stop!"

"She's my employee! You stop! Who are you to her?"

"Listen, Ate Adie, I want you two to talk when you're not so angry. You might say or do something hurtful to Cara again. Besides, you already kicked her out. I promise to let you two talk once you're feeling okay. Lately, you seem so stressed, and it's hurting everyone. Please, just go home."

Adriana's eyes flickered with anger at what he said. She was on attack mode, and her anger was frightening. "Who are you to decide?" she asked sarcastically.

"Please, Adriana? Umuwi ka na muna, please."

"No!  You are going with me!"

"Not now, ate Adie." This time Grayson is holding my hand.

"I hate you, Grayson!" she said while clenching her fists. It's evident that she's holding back as well. Is she okay? Grayson mentioned that she's been stressed lately and I'm kinda worried. I hope she's okay.

Does she have a problem again? Maybe that's why she drank and got drunk last night. I'm also concerned about what might happen. I don't want her to become an alcoholic.

"Please, Cara?  Let's talk"  This time medyo naging mahinahon na ito.  Parang gusto ko nalang bumigay at sumama nalang dito kahit deep inside nasasaktan pa rin ako sa ginawang pagpapalayas nito.  Is she sorry? 

Pero tama naman si Grayson.  Hihintayin kong maging okay muna ito.  Pero hindi ibig sabihin nun ay babalik na ko sa bahay nito.  May pride pa rin naman ako.

"Mabuti pang magpahinga ka muna Adriana.  Pasensya na hindi kita mahaharap ngayon.  May pupuntahan pa kami ni Grayson.  Please umuwi ka na"  I responded as calmy as I can. I'm proud of myself for not being weak this time.

She rolled her eyes at me and then turned away in annoyance. She started her car quickly and left the parking lot. I breathed a sigh of relief.

It's good that the two of them in front of me didn't fight. Sometimes I notice that Grayson is getting irritated and wants to confront my boss, who can be difficult. But luckily, he always manages to control himself.

Grayson also seemed to breathe a sigh of relief when Adriana left, but there was still a hint of worry on his face. I smiled at him to try to ease his worries.

I slowly got into his car, which looked newly washed and very clean. After we both got in, we left the parking lot and headed to the apartment he was talking about.

That apartment is nearby, about 10 minutes away from his condo. Grayson's aunt's apartment is quite spacious.

We were greeted by an older woman, who was probably in her late 50s. According to Grayson, she's his mother's first cousin, which is why she also looks like Grayson's mom. We greeted her respectfully and exchanged pleasantries.

"Is this your girlfriend?" she asked teasingly.

"We're almost there, Tita," Grayson joked, so I rolled my eyes at him.

"Tita Donna, this is Cara," I greeted her politely.

"She's such a beautiful young lady. Very gorgeous," his aunt examined my face.

"Oh, thank you po," I replied, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"You two look good together," she teased again. "By the way, how are you, hijo? It's been a long time since you visited me."

"I've been busy, Tita. I'll visit you again soon," Grayson replied.

After catching up for a bit, she invited us to see the only vacant room in the apartment. The room was at the far end of the second floor, and I noticed that it was quite spacious. Oh no! It might be expensive. It had its own bathroom, a bed, and an air conditioner. It looked like a high-end apartment.

"Uh, malaki pala yung room.  How much po ba per month? At-" I stuttered, trying to ask some questions.

"Don't worry about it, hija. Grayson will take care of it," his aunt interrupted me with a chuckle.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, Cara," Grayson agreed.

"No. I insist.  Babayaran ko," I said firmly.

"No. It's okay. Let me take care of it," he insisted.

"No. Sabi ko ako na yung magbabayad," I countered, sticking to my decision.

"Tsk, let's just do it this way. If it's hurting your ego too much, just pay me back when you have a job again," he said with finality. He was starting to get annoyed with me.

Sounds fair. I don't want you him to spend money on me.

"I know you have to buy things you can use and your clothes, of course."

"Akon a bahala dun.  Madami ka ng naitulong."

"You're so lucky to have my nephew as a boyfriend. He's sweet, caring, and thoughtful. Plus, he's handsome. That's a bonus," his aunt said, nodding her head in agreement.

I nodded my head too. I agreed that he was a great catch.

"My aunt is teasing us," he whispered, but I didn't catch what he said. His aunt just smiled at us and said,

"Okay, dear, just call me from the first room downstairs if you need anything. I'm leaving now, I have things to do," and handed me the key.

"Sige po.  Salamat." Pahabol ko.

We were left outside the door, just the two of us. I didn't go inside right away.

"Well, I have to go now. Message me later," he said.

"Thank you, Grayson. Someday mababayaran din kita sa lahat lahat," I replied.

"Anything for you, Cara. Gotta go."

"Take care." I waved goodbye as he went downstairs. I waited until he got into his car before I went back inside.

I lay on the bed feeling exhausted, staring at the ceiling. I realized that I didn't have any clothes with me. Luckily, there was a thrift store nearby. I decided to buy some later when I wake up. Right now, I was too tired and couldn't resist the urge to sleep.

...

I woke up with hunger pangs. The pain seemed to radiate to my back. I've been feeling acidic ever since I left home.

I made a mental note to buy some biscuits so I could have something to eat anytime. There was a canteen downstairs, so I could also buy a meal. But there were times when I didn't feel like going out.

I checked my phone and saw that it was still at 25% battery. I saw that Grayson had sent me a text, but I didn't open it yet. I was too hungry. It was already 1 in the afternoon, and I realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day.

I forgot to bring my face mask, so I went to the store downstairs next to the canteen. I bought a box and decided to buy a toothbrush and toothpaste too.

After buying them, I went to the canteen to order my food. I chose sinigang since it's one of my favorites. I ordered one meal and hurried back to my room because there were too many people eating there. I don't want them to know that there's a new tenant in the apartment. I don't want them to know that I'm here.

But even earlier, people downstairs were already looking at me. Ugh! I hate it! I'm more comfortable staying in Adriana's house. There are fewer people, and people in the subdivision are too busy to mind other people's business.

I ate the food after saying a prayer. It was delicious because it was still hot. And the soup was sour, just the way I like it.

I stopped eating when my phone beep again. It was another message from Grayson, and when I opened it, there were several messages.

"Have you eaten your lunch?" sent 3 hours ago.

"Are you okay?" sent 2 hours ago.

"Hey! Why are you not replying? I'm worried" sent 2 hours ago.

"I've got you clothes from the mall earlier and undergarments as well. I'll be dropping this off later. I'll just take a nap," sent 2 hours ago.

"Adriana is inviting us for her farewell party tonight. Wanna join?" sent just now.

"Us? Kasama ba ko sa invitation niya?" I replied, but she didn't text back.

"Yeah. It's her last day today. So, I'll pick you up at 6? I'll bring your clothes and other toiletries.   He replied.  That was so thoughtful of him.

The thought of seeing Adriana makes me feel excited yet nervous. I'm looking forward to seeing her, and I really want to make up with her. Even though I won't be living with her anymore, I want us to have no hard feelings. Plus, I fucking miss her.

"Okay."

I forgot to buy soap and shampoo. I also didn't bring a towel. I hope Grayson has them.  I started eating again because I haven't finished what I bought. There was too much food.

After finishing my food, I brushed my teeth. The bathroom here in the apartment is clean and spacious. It feels like a family home. Grayson didn't tell me how much the rent is here. I feel embarrassed because he's helped me so much. I'm thinking about how I can repay all his kindness to me.

..

"Okay lang ba talaga suot ko?"  Tanong ko kay Grayson for the nth time.  Tumango tango ulit ito.

"How many times do I have to remind you that you look perfect?"  bulong nito sa tainga ko.

Ngayon ay nandito na kami sa may dock.

As the sun began to set on the horizon, we sat nervously on the dock, waiting for the yatch to arrive. I had been on a yacht before, but the thought of seeing Adriana tonight made my heart race.

As I gazed out at the water, I felt a mix of excitement and apprehension. I had always been drawn to adventure, but tonight I felt half nervous.

Finally, I saw a sleek yacht pulling up to the dock. Doc Jackson stepped out and strode confidently towards us.

"Let's go?" Doc Jackson said with a wide smile on his face. 

Kami palang 3 sa loob.  Pero maya maya pa ay sunod sunod ng dumating sila.  Including Adriana.  Kasama sila Sean, Nadeshka, Doc Lou, and Misha.

Sumakay na rin ang ang mga ito.  At nang si Adriana na ang sumakay, Jackson extended his arm para alalayan ito.  Agad kong inalis yung tingin sa kamay ng mga ito.  Dumako ang tingin ko kay Adriana.  Suddenly, our eyes met.

Sobrang saglit lang nun pero parang slow motion.  I felt so glad that I was able to see her.  She is extremely gorgeous.

"This yacht is amazing. Do you own it?"  Naputol ang staring contest namin ni Adriana ng magsalita si Doc Lou kay Doc Jack.

Jackson chuckled. "I wish. My uncle lent it to me for the evening. It's not every day I get to take a beautiful woman out on the water."  he looked at Adriana lovingly.

Doc Millescent smiled. "Aw that was sweet of you to plan this farewell party.  We're all gonna miss Doc Mendez, yung pinaka magandang doctor na kilala ko."

"Oh Doc Lou, you are so bolera"  natatawang sagot ni Adriana dito.

"Oh! let's get inside.  Let's eat and party hard tonight"  Putol ni Sean sa usapan ng mga ito.

As they set sail, I marveled at the view of the city skyline from the water. Doc Jack popped a bottle of champagne, and we clinked glasses in a toast to new journey for Adriana.

As the evening wore on, they shared stories and laughs, and I found myself feeling out of place.  Although, kinakausap naman ako nila kaso wala ko maishare na experience dahil about naman sa medicine yung usapan nila at mga experiences sa hospital.

"Doc Jack is so romantic Doc A, sana next time na magkikita kita tayo.  Proposal naman ni Doc Jack kay Doc A noh?"  Sean said teasing Adriana and Doc Jack.  Napansin ko na napatigil sandali si Adriana.  Si Jackson naman ay umakbay dito.

"Of course, we'll get to that"  Jackson said while caressing Adriana's shoulder.

I tried to push down the feeling of jealousy that was bubbling up inside of me. I knew that Jack was allowed to do that, he has the right to.  Pero masakit pa rin makita na masaya sila.

"Uhm excuse me lang ha"  I asked for permission to leave muna. Tumango naman si Grayson na mukhang nag eenjoy na sa champagne.  Halos lahat sila ay nag eenjoy na sa pag inom pero ako ay di pa halos nabawasan yung isang glass. 

"I stood up and headed to the taffrail of the yacht, far away from them. I pretended to be looking at my phone, but it was actually low-batt. I also logged out of my Apple ID earlier and reset the phone to clear everything when I return it.

They couldn't see me from their position inside. It felt heavy to watch the sea from afar. I know it's time to let go, especially now that I know I have no chance, and they are talking about getting engaged. It's like my heart is being crushed. I know I have no right to feel this way.

I hugged myself due to the strong wind, and my hair was blowing as well. I smiled bitterly. It was the first time that I felt literally heartbroken. It's like my heart is being pricked with a needle.

Why did I even come with Grayson? I should have just stayed at home. I wish I hadn't seen them happy. The thought of not having her makes my heart aches so much.

I didn't even notice the time, and it was already nine o'clock. I couldn't hear their conversation anymore. Maybe they are already drunk. Earlier, all I could hear were their laughter. I gazed at the stars before deciding to go inside.

We will be sleeping here tonight. There are rooms, and the yacht is really huge. I took one last look at the sea and was about to leave the taffrail when I saw Adriana walking towards me. Her gaze was fixed on me, and she walked straight to me until she was facing me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked calmly.

"Uhm, nagpapahangin lang," I said, seeing her this close made me want to hug her tight.

I missed her so much, even if she was busy with the hospital for weeks, and we rarely saw each other even though she was at home. And the last time we saw each other, we were not okay.
She nodded.
I looked at my feet as if there was something interesting there. I remembered her phone and handed it to her. She looked puzzled.

"Why are you giving this to me?" I took her hand and placed her phone in it.

"Sinosoli ko na.  At gusto ko palang magpasalamat sa lahat ng tulong niyo sakin. Di ko yun malilimutan.  Pati yung pagbibigay niyo sakin ng trabaho.  Tatanawin ko yung utang na loob."

"W-what the hell are you saying?"she asked.

"Basta thank you, Doc, and.." I paused for a while and stared at her "goodbye," I said with finality. It took a lot of courage not to break down.

I was thinking of hugging her, but I chose not to. I turned my back.

"Are you gonna leave me after everything?" she shouted, which was enough for me to hear. It wouldn't be heard inside because of the strong wind. I faced her again, still holding back tears.

"Di ko naman gustong umalis sa poder niyo ng tuluyan.  Pero kailangan ko rin kayong makalimutan.  Gustong gusto kong bumalik, pero pano naman tong feelings ko na hindi ko mapigil tuwing nandyan ka? 

Ang hirap lang kasi wala naman akong karapatan sayo.  Hindi naman ako si Doc Jackson."  Mapait akong tumawa para lang pigilan yung luhang malapit ng tumulo.  "At kahit kelan hindi naman ako magiging importante sainyo"

The tears that I have been holding back finally fell. I turned my back so she wouldn't see them. "At kahit masakit.  I need to let you go." Bulong ko

Tears had already started to fall, which I had been holding back since earlier, so I turned around to avoid her seeing it. I was about to run inside when I felt her catch up to me. To my surprise, she suddenly hugged me from behind.

She hugged me so tightly that I felt her tears almost wetting my shoulder. She held on so tight that it seemed like she didn't want to let go. I was even more shocked with what she said,

"I-I like you, Cara. Haven't you realized that yet?" she confessed while still sobbing softly.

Humihikbi ito sa mahinang boses pero sapat na iyon para marinig ko ng malinaw ang sinabi nito...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 232 43
Lahat ng hindi masabi, dito ipapahayag. Nawa'y makarating ang nais ipahiwatig. Tapunan ng feelings by the one and only freak.
618K 26.9K 38
Ink Fuego found herself in a situation she never even imagine. Nagising nalang siya isang araw na kailangan niyang sambutin ang responsibilidad na da...
1.4M 35K 31
Paano kung isang araw makita mo ang perfect match mo, akala mo siya na. Akala mo siya na icing sa ibabaw ng cupcake mo. Akala mo lang pala. Dahil hin...
98.1K 4.2K 26
Love at first sight, that's what Dominique Lorre Fuentes felt for her Best friend's Older sister, Celeste Rein Alegre. The first time she laid her e...