Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays

455 13 2
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 45 — The Chaotic Holidays

"Then it's settled. Let's all go give the Dursley's a visit."

════════════════════════════════

"So Cedric, how has homeschool been? It's probably not as exciting as Hogwarts is it?" Hermione asked Cedric as they dined on the food Alfred made.

It felt like the first day of school again. A nice dinner surrounded by family and friends, idle chatter and memory sharing being passed around.

Of course, Y/n had been explaining what she learnt of the muggle world to Ron and Mr. Weasley, Damian occasionally adding in a word or two.

Harry was recounting his moments with Voldemort to Y/n's father, who intimated Harry more than Voldemort ever could despite Bruce's friendly smile. Sirius and Remus were telling the tails of their childhood to the twins, Dick and Jason, taking down notes for future pranks and sharing good laughs.

Molly Weasley happily caught up with the Diggory parents, delighted to see them more happy and well.

And the most unlikely of friends, Ginny and Tim. They were currently debating over various topics, magic related and not. Which is better for chores? Better for communication? Which lessons taught in school are more beneficial than others? Right now, their current made up school, combined with magic and muggle classes contained DADA, basic math and English (tell me when are you going to use the Pythagorean theorem or Shakespeare in real life?). Transfiguration was currently being debated on.

Everything felt... a little too good to be true. They finished dinner, played some games before heading to their separate rooms to sleep after saying farewell to the Diggory's. The games were very chaotic, a mix of some classic truth or dare, some Just Dance and Super Smash Bros, and good old charades. Hermione and Ginny even decided to have a slumber party and joined Y/n in her room.

Maybe that's why Harry felt so... off? He wasn't going to lie, he had a lot of fun today, was surprised and was overjoyed when seeing both Y/n and Cedric. So what was it? Harry quietly paced around in his room, trying to tire himself out to stop him from feeling so paranoid.

But when his door started to open slowly, he quickly went back to his bed to appear like he was sleeping the whole time.

"Harry?" Y/n's voice whispered from the door.

"Y/n?" Harry whispered back confused as he sat up from the bed.

"Come walk with me?"

*\ \\\\\\ ||| O o O ||| ////// /*

The two teens walked around the Wayne's giant backyard, the snow crunching beneath them was all you could hear in between their breathing. Harry was glad Y/n offered him such a warm coat, despite giving both of them warming spells to defend against the cold.

"What did-" "Harry I-"

They paused.

"You first"

"No, Harry, you go ahead."

"No you-" Harry paused at Y/n's pointed stare and gave up. "So.. why were you still awake?"

"Uhm, well... I..." Y/n flushed a bit in embarrassment. "I missed you. That and I just couldn't fall asleep, how about you?"

Harry smiled, "I missed you too. I guess I'm awake cause... I'm afraid that this isn't real. That I'm just dreaming again and that... I don't know. I just don't feel right."

"You've been dreaming of me?"

"Y/n-! Wha-!"

"Harry, I'm teasing." Y/n laughed at Harry's expression, unable to tell if his face was flushing because of the cold or embarrassment. Y/n figured it was both.

"But I understand what you mean. You guys have been through a lot haven't you? I mean, the twins have been keeping me updated the best they can, but even then they can't tell me everything after having the owls watched."

"Why don't I catch you up then?"

Harry proceeded to tell Y/n everything that he had experienced so far in the school year without her. He told her his thoughts during the moments. His dislike for Umbridge, Deadpool, whom he found Y/n also being a huge fan after hearing from the twins, Dumbledore's Army. He told her of seeing Neville's parents in St. Mungo's, everything with Dumbledore, what had happened to Mr. Weasley and his dreams.

"And I'm guessing you think that you're being possessed by Voldemort?"

"I mean, that's a given, isn't it? I just- I don't want anyone getting involved and hurt again." Harry let Y/n fiddle with his fingers as she pondered over his words.

"It's going to happen eventually, Harry." Y/n whispered in response to Harry's second statement. As much as he didn't want to acknowledge it, Harry knew he had to.

"I don't want to lose you again."

"You won't."

"Y/n you- you can't be sure of that!" Harry exclaimed angrily. Y/n stood her ground.

"I know, I know I can't. But I'm always with you Harry. I'll always have your back just like you'll have mine. And I know that anything could happen, everything is uncertain, but if there's one thing that I'm certain about is that you've got the best damn friends in the whole world who will help you. Cause Voldemort doesn't affect just you, but I hate that he affects you the most and-"

Y/n paused as she felt Harry's hand wiping away the tears that were streaming down her cheek. "Sorry- I... I didn't even know I started crying..."

It was silent once more minus Y/n's sniffles in attempting to stop her crying.

"I can write to you, right?" Harry asked quietly, still absorbing the words Y/n told him. His heart felt warm and happy as he remembered how much Y/n cared about him. About everyone.

"Y-yeah. I- I'll always respond too. Or at least get one of my brothers to if I can't. If I or anyone in my family doesn't respond in at least a day, assume something's wrong."

Harry wiped the last of Y/n's tears away as she smiled at him. "See, Voldemort wouldn't comfort me like this. You aren't being possessed. You're probably seeing what he sees... or what he wants you to see. Since I guess you both could be connected by the fact that he used your blood to resurrect his body."

"You're brilliant."

"That's- That's not me. That's Hermione."

"No, Y/n, you are brilliant." Y/n flushed under Harry's intense gaze. She coughed as she changed the subject. "I wasn't lying, Frizz really did miss you. Actually Harry, if you wouldn't mind..."

══════════════

Y/n forgot how chaotic her brothers were. And combined with the Weasleys, holidays at the Wayne Manor were no longer so dull. The Christmas tree had fallen at least a dozen times before being secured with both magic and duct tape. They were even able to have a full Quidditch game, of course, the Wayne brothers having to switch back on and off to allow the brooms to charge with magic again.

SCREE

CRASH

"That was an antique!"

"Sorry Alfred!" yelled Dick as he ran.

"Sorry! Reparo!" Ron apologized quickly as he too ran past.

"What are these kids even playing?"

Following them was Jason, who answered Alfred's question, "Tag Hide and Seek. They're running from me."

Jason suddenly paused as he saw a pair of feet hiding behind some curtains. "And I'm just about to tag my next victim..."

Quickly pulling back the curtains, Jason was met with a pink explosion, covering his face in makeup. He could hear the laughter of one of the Weasley Twins from afar. Damn it, another prank trap.

Meanwhile the adults were all conversing with each other in the garden. Bruce, of course, being curious about the magical world asked all questions that he had, unfiltered as Molly Weasley was kind enough to answer any of them. Occasionally, Remus would step in with input about education, Mr. Weasley with the Minister of Magic, and Sirius with Azkaban and Harry's parents.

For some time they also discussed Y/n's grandparents and parents. Although they all looked quite grim speaking about them.

"It's quite unfortunate really, her parents being in a similar situation as the Longbottoms."

A figure froze in his place against a wall. Damian paused from his hiding spot, listening intently to the conversation.

"Oh yes, I made a small detour to visit them on our way to visit you in St Mungo's Hospital, Arthur. The kids didn't realize, I'm certain." Molly hummed, looking into the tea given to her.

"I also paid them a visit a few weeks ago," Remus commented before turning to Bruce who was curious. "Like our friends, the Longbottoms, Y/n parents were tortured to insanity during a vital mission to retrieve the Potter's Secret Keeper."

At Bruce and Alfred's confused faces, Sirius elaborated, "Our once friend, Peter Pettigrew, was made Secret Keeper to the location of the Potter's household. It was placed under the Fidelius Charm, quite a powerful charm that hides information, places, people, and can only be broken by a chosen Secret Keeper when they decide to speak about it.

The Potters never should have been found that day- If that rat never betrayed us Lily and James-"

"Sirius." Remus grabbed his clenched fist, calming Sirius who apologized. Remus continued, "We had heard Peter had gone missing in a location that was last seen by death eaters reported by another friend of ours, Fer (pronounced Fher)."

Bruce perked up, "Is Fer also Y/n's godfather?"

Sirius nodded, "Yes, he's gone now though, couldn't get over the depression, especially after losing his daughter."

"At least they're together now," Molly smiled wistfully, "Jacaria was always so lovely. She and Y/n were the best of friends when they were younger! She was so sad when she died, always talking about all the things they would have done together at Hogwarts." her eyes widened, "Oh sorry, that got off track there."

"No, it's alright. Please continue." Bruce said kindly.

"Right," Remus hummed, "So Y/n's parents took up the mission to find Peter, who had ended up switching to You-Know-Who's side and revealed the location of the Potters. During the mission, they were, undoubtedly, tortured by death eaters to insanity. Fer went depressed, giving Jacaria to Y/n's grandparents to take care of until he found himself again."

Remus went silent. Uncertainty being shown on his face on how to proceed next. Sirius decided to continue for him.

"All we heard after then is that Fer was slowly getting better, even more so as Y/n and Jacaria kept visiting him. But after Jacaria died, Fer lost himself even more. Remus, he..." Sirius glanced at Remus who took a deep breath.

"I found him... in his home. I guess his depression led him to... We buried him right beside his late wife and Jacaria."

"How did Jacaria die, if I may ask?" Bruce gently added, his brain running miles per minute to add up all the information given to him, and all the information he gathered.

"In all honesty, none of us are sure. We were all told that something horrible had happened. The only people who really knew were the L/n's, none of which are alive or sane enough to tell you what happened, and Y/n has blocked out the memory."

"What does Fer look like?"

Sirius and Remus glanced at each other, starting to get suspicious after all these questions. Arthur, totally oblivious, took out a picture he always kept of his graduating year. "This is him over here, very cheeky he was back in the day, and sneaked into our year's graduating photo."

Molly chuckled at the memory. "All of us were too happy to graduate to ever really be mad at him for joining in."

As they continued talking, Damian sneaked away, unnoticed, and kept the information to himself.

══════════════

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!"

Everyone cheered as fireworks erupted in the sky.

Fred and George launched up in their brooms being followed by Ron, Harry, and Jason to play some Quidditch.

Damian tried to teach Y/n a different style of dancing, wincing as she apologized for stepping on his feet once more.

Hermione, Ginny and Tim were grouped together in a corner, discussing some wizard-made story that they had given him earlier during the holidays.

Dick was happily showing his acrobatic skills to Mr. Weasley and Mrs. Weasley as Remus and Sirius watched impressed. A proud smile overcame Bruce's face.

Alfred too couldn't help but smile as he took photos, both magical and muggle, to savor the moment.

══════════════

The holidays went by all too quickly for Harry, reluctantly packing his bags to go back to Hogwarts. Ron had promised Y/n to keep her updated on anything Quidditch and all the trouble they were going to cause Professor Umb!tch. Hermione also promised to update her about the school and her day. Harry and Y/n only smiled at each other, a magical notebook their connection. Perhaps this was what Bruce felt like when she went to Hogwarts. Y/n hummed at the thought. Harry turned to her.

"Be sure to give Shroud a good hug for me, okay? He still can't know I'm alive yet, but I know that kid is going through a lot and really needs one. Oh, and don't forget to take care of him. And stop avoiding everyone, would you? It's not your fault Mr. Weasley got hurt." Y/n reminded Harry.

Ron grinned and walked up beside Harry, "Don't worry Y/n, we'll be sure to suffocate Shroud with our hugs, and take care of him, though, I'm pretty sure he's old enough by now to take care of himself."

"And I'll stop avoiding everyone." Harry added.

Y/n shook her head at Ron, "I know he's old enough but we're all kids, you know? And besides, I wasn't talking about Shroud when I said to take care of him–"

"Look at the time! Time to go!" Mrs. Weasley said loudly, gaining their attention, flu powder in hand. "Bruce, thank you ever so much for the invitation, Y/n dear, take care of yourself now! Come on then Ginny, you first."

Y/n watched with a sad smile as she gave her farewell hugs to her friends before they were engulfed in green flames. She felt Damian's arms wrap around her in an attempt to keep her from feeling lonely. "Potter told me about his current living predicament. Would you like to join me in greeting his... guardians?"

"Oh yes, I've heard about them too. Can we go dad?" Tim asked.

"I don't see why not." Bruce smirked. Y/n only let a puff of laughter reveal her amusement.

"I mean they aren't that bad. Only to Harry though. It's like they transform into other people."

"Then it's settled. Let's all go give the Dursley's a visit." Jason grinned as Dick whooped in excitement.

"Let's not cause them too much trouble."

Thank you all for waiting so patiently for this chapter. My exams went pretty well so I'm happy about that! It is the start of semester 2 and in all honesty, I believe that I may just put this book on hiatus until the summertime when school ends. I may post another chapter if I have the time during school however.

So thank you for staying, and I shall see you all later.

Signed,
Skyalent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 140 34
Dear Hermione, Ron and well everyone, Someone once told me that the universe was larger and more unexpected than we could ever imagine. Until now, I...
12.6K 186 22
This is disgusting, I hate myself...but go ahead read it. I'm Madison Mikaelson, daughter of Kol and Davina Mikaelson. I'm a siphoner or was. Everyth...
541K 11.9K 39
"I never knew that my 16th birthday would change my whole life.." ---- On my 16th birthday I found out about my parents, but what should I do? Stay w...
4.7K 160 21
*MENTIONS OF R*PE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED* Echo Zabini wasn't your average 16 year old girl living in London, England with her older brother and wi...