Press Release

By WhoopsHarryStyles

Disclaimer: This story was originally written in 2016-2017 during the filming of Dunkirk and the release of... More

1: Release Yourself
2: Pressure Cooker
3: Hard Pressed
4: Pressure Valve
5: Gutter Press
6: Screw Press
7: Press Junket
8: Linen Press
9: Time Release
10: Yoga Press
11: Press Charges
12: Press Against
13: Catch and Release
14: Press Onward
15: Apple Press
16: Pressed Against the Window
17: Press Into Service
18: Partial Release
19: Press Your Advantage
20: Press the Panic Button
21: Release Me
22: Release Clause
23: Controlled Release
24: Clothes Press
25: Release Some Pressure
27: Press Your Point
28: Drunken Release
29: Release Factor
30: Full Court Press
31: Bench Press
32: Extended Release
33: Press Stud
34: Release Agent
35: Release Early
36: Press Your Luck
37: Banana Press
38: Press Into Me
39: Slow Release
40: Press Buttons
41: Gutter Press
42: Durable Press
43: Sustained Release
44: Rotary Press
45: Freedom of the Press
46: Go to Press
47: Major Release
48: Power Press
49: Hot Off the Press
50: Press Release

26: Kid Press

228 21 14
By WhoopsHarryStyles

Meg crawls out of Xavier's bed early the next morning, fully clothed. The make out session had been amazing, but she knows she's got morning breath and no longer looks her best. Locking her side of the adjoining doors, she strips quickly and takes her shower, preparing for the day, brushing her teeth, softening her skin with hotel lotion. Calling downstairs, she orders room service for both of them, knowing that X will be hungry when he wakes up.

After she's clothed in today's semi-professional outfit of burgundy leggings with a long beige sweater, Meg politely knocks on Xavier's side of the door. When she hears nothing, she enters his hotel room, throwing open the curtains to find X still in bed. He takes her breath away. His long, collar-length black hair is pushed away from his face, and she smiles at the way his scruff has started to grow in. She's seen him asleep several hundred times over the last year as his assistant, but each time she notices something new. This time, it's the tiny freckle that rests just next to his nose. How had she never noticed it before?

He stirs, opening his eyes to capture Meg's gaze as a smile softens his face. "Good morning, beautiful," his husky voice sends shivers down her spine, and she can't help it. Her pupils dilate and her breathing quickens. It's a reaction she's never had to a guy. Well, not since The A-Hole, as she prefers to call Titus' sperm donor.

Pulling back the covers, Xavier waggles his eyebrows in an invitation, causing Meg to laugh out loud and say, "Get up, silly. I ordered breakfast, and we have to be at Rockefeller Center before you know it."

Xavier springs from the bed as Meg moves towards the door. Reaching her as she's pulling the portal closed, he leans forward to kiss her. Putting up her hand, she stops him abruptly. "I've got sensitive skin, X. If you kiss me with that scruff, you'll leave me with an itchy rash."

Raising his eyebrows, Xavier stops his forward motion. "One day, I'll mark you as mine," he whispers, "Just not in a way that's itchy." He rolls his eyes, "I don't know what I'm saying. Let me catch a shower."

Nodding, Meg closes the barrier between their rooms, once more locking her side. She likes him just fine, but she has an important FaceTime call to make this morning. Dialing her phone, she sits on the bed, smiling as her sweet Titus' face pops up. "'s early, mommy. Why up now?" Meg wants to grab him and tickle him until he giggles with glee. She loves her little monkey so much. "Just wanted a kiss from my boy. Then you can go back to bed, okay?"

Rubbing his eyes, Titus whines, "When you gon' be home, mommy?"

"Do you miss me, darling boy?" Meg's heart swells with such joy and wonder. How did she create such an amazing human?

"Mhm. I go bed now. K?"

==============

The Today Show and the Tonight Show both film at Rockefeller Center, which makes this quick trip worth the time and energy since we only need to get to one building. The Today Show segment films first, and as I'm getting my microphone adjusted by the male sound technician, I recall that I need to raise Minnie's awareness of that situation.

"Olivia?" I summon her out of earshot. Tommy Bruce, who is here to represent my management, raises his eyebrows, wondering if he needs to join the convo, so I shake my head at him. Xavier is still getting makeup applied. The high definition TV requires additional coverage; otherwise, every flaw shows clearly on the screen.

"Hmmm?" she asks, approaching me with her business face on. Taking her clothes from the dryer this morning, she had ironed her brown slacks, pairing them with a white shirt and an orange cardigan. Her infinity scarf didn't fare too well under the heat of the dryer, but she'd arranged it nicely enough with its splashes of orange and brown that no one would ever know. She looks incredibly sexy with those slacks, and I want to muss her hair.

Using my softest voice, I speak in professional and low tones, "Um....I don't want to interfere. And I know it's your job to keep an eye on X....."

"Spit it out, Styles." She's looking away from me to where Xavier is getting ready to sit in the director's chair.

"It's just that it's another male sound technician today, and I don't know if you've noticed...." my voice trails off because she's already moving away as the sound tech approaches Xavier. Waving Meg over, Minnie stops the guy, casually reminding him that no one touches the celebrity except Meg. The guy is irked, but he steps back, directing Meg as if she hadn't done this dozens of times for Xavier.

I watch Minnie as she keeps an eye on the microphone placement. Does she know something about X that makes her aware or has she simply noticed his reaction like I have? One of the things I appreciate about the two interviews we are filming today is that they are entertainment reporting, so they rarely ask challenging questions.

Xavier gets a few softball questions about working with me, and he surprises me with his responses, "It's like having an older brother on set. You know, someone to watch out for me and help me over the bumps."

I have to school my face not to allow my shock to show. I don't get the question I expected, as our interviewer doesn't ask me about Misty (or Histy or Hasty); instead, I get to field the question Minnie wanted me to answer.

"So, Harry.....the three blank spaces on your Instagram. Getting ready to launch something new? Stun us all with a new talent perhaps?" She leans forward which is designed to steer my eyes towards her cleavage, but I keep my eyes on her face instead.

"Well, you've all seen my juggling, so I'm not sure what new talent would meet those high expectations," I joke.

"He's been practicing tightrope walking," Xavier jumps in, and I smile at him when he continues with "He's only fallen two or three times. But tomorrow he plans to move the rope off the ground."

I can't help it. My cackle escapes my throat, and I laugh out loud at my co-star's witty response. There's no telling what has changed his mood, but I suspect it has something to do with his personal assistant who stands on the side behind Minnie, beaming at Xavier.

After the interview, I notice that Xavier shakes hands with the interviewer, and then he moves to thank the crew, and my heart swells. He's actually grown up. Quite a bit. It's a pleasure to watch him, and I contemplate how I felt nine months ago working with him on the film. He'd been a true arse. Minnie had entered his life and changed it. But I have a small hope that perhaps my influence also helped.

We grab lunch together with Tommy at a Greek seafood place just around the corner from 30 Rock. Meg's eyes widen as she views the menu, and Xavier leans over her shoulder, pointing out some dishes he thinks she might enjoy. They giggle, and she buries her face in his chest when he tells her she should try something new.

"It's all so fancy," she quietly and respectfully squeals. She settles on the avocado salad for an appetizer, but agrees to try a bite of X's grilled octopus. For the main dish, though, she's undeterred, ordering the rosemary chicken. Minnie smiles at me, and our hands entwine under the table as we order dishes, knowing we will each try the other's food. Tommy looks out of place, and I worry that he can tell Minnie and I are groping each other under the white tablecloth, but he acts normal.

The conversation at the table is about the premiere which is in two days back in L.A. "I'm excited to see it all put together," I mention.

"Oh, me too!" Xavier jumps in, "It was a lot of green screen work, and I've not done much of that CGI stuff before. So it was a challenge just emoting." He sobers quickly, though, looking at Harry as a thought clearly hits him, "Um.....Harry?"

His face is pale as he gazes at me, and I'm a bit nervous about what's next, "Yeah? What's wrong, X? Octopus not any good?"

Xavier waves away my comment about his food impatiently, "No. I mean....It's just I never thought about....what if....." He leans towards me, and the whole table has grown silent, "what if the movie sucks?"

It's like the first time he's considered it, and I hear the anxiety in his voice. Minnie starts to speak, but I squeeze her thigh to signal that I've got this. She clamps her mouth closed, picking up her fork and knife to slice into her lamb chop.

"Mate, did you do the best acting job you could?" I ask.

"Of course I did!" he's offended, but I press on anyway.

"Do you trust our director?" is my next question.

"Well, yeah. He's made dozens of really amazing action movies. Like a ton of them. And they've all been unique and critically acclaimed." He's defending Shane Black, which is how I know I've hooked him.

Circling for the kill, I inquire, "And do you think that your best acting and Shane's unique movie-making will suddenly all stop working?"

His mouth opens as if he's about to speak, but then he snaps it shut again, stopping to consider the hole I've helped him dig. I continue speaking to drive my point home, "You see, Xavier, it doesn't matter if the press hates it or the public hates it or even if you hate it when we see it at the premiere in a couple of days. All that really matters is that you did your best work for someone who has a strong history of quality movie-making."

Watching his face, I see when it clicks for him, "So you're saying that I need to talk about how proud I am of my work and how much I learned from Shane even if the movie sucks?"

My dimple showing, I smile at him, "Exactly. But, X?" I pause, waiting for him to look up from his meal, "It won't suck."

Following the break, we hike back over to 30 Rock for our second filming of the day: 'The Tonight Show''. Jimmy Fallon and I go way back, and he likes to tease me whenever I'm around. I'd been a musical guest with Jimmy the first time Saturday Night Live had broadcast across the country live, and he'd let me be in a couple of skits. Since then, I've hosted SNL on my own twice. It's always fun to be part of the creative team over there.

Jimmy gives me a hug when we arrive in his office, and he cordially shakes Xavier's hand, but I can tell he's no fan. Something about the moment reminds me of X's politeness this morning, and I make a mental note to change Jimmy's mind about my co-star if I can.

Jimmy has decided we're going to do a lip sync battle, and the time period from which we can choose songs is between 2010 and 2020. Uh.....I'm a really bad lip sync-er, but I agree to go along with the whole thing because Xavier is really hyped about it.

When the time comes for the battle, and we're in front of the crowd, I start off the show with 'Call Me Maybe', popping my hip out when I turn around on the title line. Then Xavier comes out with LMFAO's 'Sexy and I Know It', and he's really good. The way he dances to the song and mouths the phrases, I'm starting to sweat, concerned he's going to beat me. I don't know if you are aware of this, but I am quite competitive. So I come back with "Moves Like Jagger" which allows me to strut around like Mick, and I know that gets big laughs. I feel like I'm on a roll.

When X steps to the mic, though, I know it's going to be a rough one, especially when he announces that his song is going to be 'Kiwi' by the "overrated Harry Styles". I swear, that's what he says, and it makes me laugh out loud. He's quite the showman, and he's been hiding it for the last several months. Now I can see what drew people to him in the first place. During the song, he does an amazing impression of me, getting on his knees during the song, and dancing around the stage like I usually do. I can't help it, when he gets to the second chorus, I join in, and we both dance around the stage until Jimmy starts applauding. It's the funniest moment, and I gladly cede the contest to my co-star.

By the time we are leaving, Xavier and Jimmy are the best of friends, and I'm relieved. This will smooth the way for X in more ways than he can even imagine at this point. Pride is the feeling that pulses through my limbs. It was a successful day of promo, and I suddenly wish that we could start over on our press tour from this day forward. Today has been momentous.

I'm so excited that I nearly grab Minnie's hand as we're on our way out of the studio. But then I remember we're in public, and she's Olivia. Xavier and Meg get into their chauffeured car to head back to their hotel, and Minnie and I say our goodbyes to Tommy who has felt more like a third wheel than a manager today, I'm sure.

As soon as we're in the backseat, I wrap my arm around her shoulders, asking what we should order tonight because no way in hell am I spending dinner time at a restaurant where people will gawk and prevent us from enjoying each other's company.

She insists we pick up sushi on the way, so I call in an order with a variety for us. I can't wait to get her back to my place. She's looked so hot all day. Somehow being competent makes her sexier than ever. Plus there's the high of watching X perform 'Kiwi'. It was quite the performance.

==============

"Let's eat out tonight, Meg," Xavier pleads, threading his fingers through her hand. "Cause if we eat in, I won't be able to keep my hands off of you."

Pursing her lips, Meg looks him over from top to bottom, "Hmmmmm....I'm not sure that's a bad thing, X."

His eyebrows touch his hairline with how high they reach.

"Only we had fancy food last night and again at lunch today. Can't we just order pizza tonight?" she asks, leaning into his side.

Xavier cannot believe his luck. Damn. She wants to stay in and order pizza? Yes. Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. But he also reminds himself that he can't rush her. No touching below the belt. This will maybe be a second base night. She's so innocent.

When they arrive upstairs, they both enter through her room. At the adjoining doors, Xavier kisses Meg's cheek before seeking her mouth. Their tongues tangle together as they get lost in each other, unable to catch their breath. Finally, X puts his hands on her waist and pushes her back from him.

"I, uh....I need a shower before dinner, okay, Meg-pie? Just a quick one, and then we will decide what we want on our pizza." He smiles, releasing her and stepping through into his room, closing and locking his door behind him. Meg pushes her door closed as she hums the song he'd played when she was at his place, dancing around the room.

Her phone rings, and she's excited to see Titus' face on the screen, as he is calling to say goodnight to her.

"Mommy!" His voice is exuberant, and Meg smiles. He is her light. Her little monkey, and his three year old self is smart as a whip.

She sits at the desk, propping up her phone so she can see him as they play their usual FaceTime game of seeing who can make the other laugh the hardest. She has to keep her hands free because she uses them to make faces at him.

Titus is giggling so hard that she doesn't hear the door behind her open, nor does she notice Xavier behind her until Titus squeals, "Who dat man, mommy?" and points.

Startled, Meg turns around to see Xavier with a stunned look on his face. "'Mommy?'" he asks, and she can see the thoughts running through his head a mile a minute.

Quickly, Meg says her goodnight to Titus, "Mommy's gotta go, love. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

"But Mommy..." he starts as she presses the disconnect button.

Approaching Xavier, Meg tries to explain, "I was going to tell you, Xavier. I swear. It just...."

"You're a mom?!" His disbelief gives way to anger, "A fucking mom?! How could you keep this from me?" His voice rises, red suffusing his face as his fury builds.

Meg steps back from him. She's seen him upset before, but never to this extent. Holy hell. What had she done? Why hadn't she told him sooner? Rather than trying to defend herself, she stands there, trapped, like a deer about to get blasted by a shotgun.

When a shotgun fires, the pellets fly everywhere. Collateral damage is common. That's the case here. "You are just like everyone else! Lying to get what you want from me! I cannot believe you led me on all this time. I bet all you're looking for is a sugar daddy to set you up for life so you don't have to work and your son can go to private schools!" He's gotten louder if that's at all possible, and Meg worries that he's going to have a stroke.

The tears are streaming down her face. "I.....I'm sorry, Xavier. I...." she starts, but he stalks back to the door.

"You better lock this when I leave. I am so....I cannot...." shaking his head, he storms out, slamming the door on his side, throwing the bolt in place along with the safety latch.

Meg can't pull enough air into her lungs, her sobs wracking her body as she wraps her arms around her waist. Finally, she collapses on the bed, curling into a fetal position, her cries continuing until she eventually, mercifully falls to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 18K 75
All Harry Styles ever wanted to do was play hockey. It was his passion in life, and the only thing he ever really felt he was good at. Without it, he...
21.4K 764 18
"Do you still love me?" He asks, and I wipe my tears with the sleeve of my sweater. I've been trying so hard to keep this from happening. "I can't lo...
146K 4.6K 88
Nola, and her three beautiful girls, are looking for a fresh start. When they take up temporary residence in her grandparents home in London, she is...
437K 6.9K 67
*THE STORY IS NOT LIKE DARK* Harry Styles. What do you think of when you hear that name? Sweet? Generous? Hot? Cheeky? Yes, Harry is all of those thi...