π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜ 𝗔𝗑𝗗 π—–π—’π—™π—™π—˜π—˜...

By leehaebaragi

[ COMPLETED ] ❝I love you a latte.❞ Huang Renjun is a part-time barista at a small coffee shop and Lee Donghy... More

prologue
characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
epilogue

eight

324 20 12
By leehaebaragi

It's Saturday—the day Donghyuck takes Renjun on an actual date. He's been staring at himself in the mirror for the past few minutes. He's so nervous and excited at the same time.

He has dated before. Lots of them were girls, some are guys. But frankly, he's never had a serious date nor relationship.

When he saw Renjun, he really wants to get to know him more and better. Now that he's finally going on a date with Renjun, he doesn't know what to do. He didn't plan anything except for a reservation to a restaurant.

He puffs his cheeks out and sighs heavily. "You can do it, Donghyuck!"

Renjun is as nervous as Donghyuck is. He actually never dated anyone. Let's just say he's one of those 'No Boyfriend Since Birth' type of people. He doesn't know what to do on a first date. He should have asked Jaemin or Jeno how does this type of things work beforehand.

He sighs and finally grabs his phone, wallet and keys then puts them on a small bag he's carrying. He takes one last look at himself in the mirror before turning off the lights. He then leaves his apartment, locking the door.

He walks down the hallway and meets Donghyuck on his way to third floor where the younger's apartment located.

"Hey!"

"Hi."

Donghyuck checks him out from top to bottom. Renjun has his bangs pushed out with some hair clips. He's wearing a shirt inside of a black blazer and a skirt that exposes his petite legs. He's also wearing rubber shoes.

He smiles and looks back at Renjun's face.  "I told you to wait in your apartment." he chuckles. "But since you're here already, shall we go downstairs?"

Renjun nods, "Yes."

Donghyuck offers his hand and Renjun almost immediately holds his hand. The latter thinks Donghyuck's hands are so soft, he wants to hold them forever. He can get used to it.

They walk towards the ground floor using the stairs. Donghyuck glances at their connected hands and smiles at himself. Renjun looks up at him and smiles as well.

When they reach the ground floor, they are greeted by the little whispers coming from the residents who are outside their respective apartments. One of the guys is shooting a stare at Renjun's legs. Donghyuck gives him a side glare before pulling away his hand from Renjun's and uses it to pull his waist to get him closer.

"Just ignore them." Renjun whispers. Donghyuck sighs and nods.

They exit the building but stop when they're about to cross the road.

Renjun turns to him and tilts his head. "Why?"

"Renjun-ah." Donghyuck calls.

"Mhm?"

"I don't have a car."

"Oh." Renjun laughs softly. "That's totally fine! We can take a taxi instead. I actually don't mind whether you do or do not have a car. But thanks for telling me."

Donghyuck pouts, "I just... I thought you're gonna judge me."

"I won't! And I don't have a car, either. Don't worry about it, Donghyuck-ah." Renjun reassures him, "You're great."

Nodding, Donghyuck blushes and looks away for a second. "So, shall we take a taxi? Or would you like to just walk? The restaurant's just nearby actually."

"Mhm," Renjun quirks his lips upward, "I think I'd like to walk. With you."

Donghyuck bites the side of his lips. He nods, "Alright, let's go ahead and walk." He grins.

"Want to hold hands?"

"Yes!"

×××

It took them approximately 20 minutes to make it to the restaurant. Renjun takes a heavy sigh. Donghyuck does the same and looks at Renjun.

"You fine?"

The older nods, "Yeah. I'm just," a big sigh again, "...not used to walking for long."

"You should do that often. It's good for your stamina."

Renjun chuckles, "I'll try."

"Anyway, shall we go inside?" Donghyuck only receives a nod as Renjun's busy panting.

They walk towards the reception and the lady receptionist greeted them. "Good afternoon! Do you have a reservation?" Donghyuck nods. "Alright, what's the name under it?"

"Lee Donghyuck."

When the lady checks it into their system, she nods and smiles. "Right, it's you! Table for two, is that correct?"

"Yes."

She calls a waiter over and the waiter immediately walks toward them. He guides them to a reserved table located near the back.

They sit across each other as the waiter gives them the menu book. "Please call me if you're ready to order." He bows before leaving the two of them.

"You look great today, Renjun." Donghyuck suddenly says and Renjun just smiles. "I mean, you always look great but you look greater today. And uhm, the skirt looks good on you."

Renjun giggles, "Thanks! It's actually a skirt that has, you know, shorts inside."

"Ah, I see. You should wear skirts often. You look pretty."

Renjun blushes and grabs the menu book to hide his face. "Let's choose our order now."

Donghyuck smiles at his date's cuteness. He might have melted as well. "Y-yeah."

They spend at least 10 minutes to decide what to order because according to them, they all look so delicious it's hard to choose. Donghyuck's the one who called the waiter over. Renjun just watches as the younger dictates their order to the waiter.

"Would that be all?"

"Yes."

"Thank you! Your order will be served in 20 to 25 minutes." The waiter bows and leaves with the two menu books.

"Donghyuck,"

"Mhm?" Donghyuck raises his eyebrows as he turns to his date.

"Why did you choose this place for our date?"

Donghyuck blinks. "I went here with my mom on my birthday last year. The food was honestly so good, and their service was great. And it's the closest restaurant from our apartment, hence, we're here."

Renjun nods. "What did you do on your birthday this year, then?" His eyes widen when Donghyuck didn't answer. "Donghyuck, I'm sorry—"

"Nothing."

"You didn't get to celebrate it?" The younger nods. "Why—wait, you don't have to answer that."

"It was our examination week that time. And I was by myself anyway, so why bother celebrate it."

Renjun pouts and stares at him. "Let's celebrate it now."

"No!" Donghyuck exclaims, "It's our date. And don't worry about it, I still have another birthday next year, right?"

"I feel so bad. I shouldn't have mentioned it. I'm really sorry."

Donghyuck suddenly holds Renjun's hands and the latter froze. "It's fine, Renjun. But thank you, you're really nice. That's why I like you." Renjun blushes and slowly pulls his hands away from the younger. Donghyuck laughs and pokes Renjun's nose, "You're so cute!"

"Stop. I'm not cute." Renjun mutters, pouting.

"It's my turn to ask."

"Yes, what is it?"

Donghyuck smiles and leans forward. "How long has it been since you started working as a barista at your friend's café?"

"Oh. I've been working for him for almost a year now. At first I didn't actually like to, because I don't drink coffee that much and I don't know how to make it. But since I need money to pay my rental, I forced myself to apply to the job as a part-timer. Jaemin taught me how to use the cash register and make different types of coffee. It took me two weeks to learn, though. And at this point, I'm almost a full-timer now."

"Wow!" Donghyuck giggles, "And you're really good at it! The way you make the coffee is so great. Seriously!"

"Thanks!"

"On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like your job?"

"Probably 9," Renjun laughs, "I don't like the smell of Americano and Matcha, to be honest. Making plenty of coffee on a daily basis is tiring but somehow enjoyable."

"You know," Donghyuck begins, "ever since I've moved into my apartment, I've been noticing that café but I didn't get to try to come by. Until one day, there was something in me that said I should try the coffee there and see for myself. So, yeah, I did and then I met you. Best decision ever!" he grins.

"I'm really glad you came by that day. Because of you, I got motivated to go to work everyday."

Donghyuck widen his eyes upon hearing the older's confession. "Renjun-ah, really?"

"Yeah!"

"Gosh, you're so cute!" Renjun only smiles, scrunching his nose.

Few minutes later, their food—except for desserts–finally came, served by the waiter who took their orders. They thank him as the waiter gently smile at them. He leaves to serve the other customers.

"I'll take pictures first." Renjun says and Donghyuck just lets him.

While eating, they talk a little bit about their lifestyle and what they do everyday.

Donghyuck likes cooking but sometimes when he gets lazy, he would just order online or eat outside. He also does a lot of workout when he was taking a gap year before entering medical school, but now that he's a medical student, he didn't have time to do workout, although sometimes, he takes morning walk on weekends.

He wakes up early to prepare for school; cooking breakfast for himself, ironing his uniform, and organizes his stuff inside his bag. After school, he spends his night studying previous lessons in case they have surprise quizzes or doing advance reading for next lectures. But sometimes, he goes straight to bed due to exhaustion.

On the other hand, Renjun is the type of person who doesn't do exercises nor even walk in the morning. He claims he's a very lazy person and really hates doing things that requires lots of energy.

However, with his current situation, he forces himself to wake up early or at least wake up an hour before he leaves to work. He also cooks for himself but most of the time, he would just grab instant noodles and eat it for breakfast or dinner. He eats bread from the café for lunch.

"Wow! I'm so unhealthy, I just realized."

"Yeah. You should start eating healthy, especially vegetables and fruits. Don't just keep eating instant noodles, it'll give you a kidney disease, probably. And drink plenty of water, stay hydrated."

"Thanks, future doctor."  Renjun playfully rolls his eyes.

"You're welcome!" Donghyuck giggles.

×××

"Oh, God, I'm stuffed." Renjun sighs, leaning into the chair.

"Me, too." Donghyuck says, "But we still have desserts. Do you want it now?"

Renjun puffs out his cheeks before replying, "Yes."

Donghyuck calls for the waiter and the latter almost immediately notices and approaches them. "Desserts, please."

"Right away, sir."

"I never knew the existence of this restaurant, to be honest, until today. So, thank you for taking me here." Renjun suddenly states.

"I would take you here again next time if you want." Donghyuck winks, and Renjun just laughs.

The desserts arrive and Renjun excitedly grabs the bowl of his Chocolate Cookie Bingsu. Donghyuck gets the Strawberry Bingsu. The waiter chuckles at Renjun's behavior before leaving.

"Mhm, just like what they said, there's always room for dessert." Renjun babbles before scooping a spoon of bingsu.

"Eat well, Renjunnie." Renjun just hums happily. Donghyuck smiles at Renjun's cute antics before eating his bingsu as well.

~~~

Donghyuck stopped in front of the restaurant, panting heavily. He ran from his school just to make it here in time. He walked to the reception desk and the lady receptionist noticed him, smiling at him slightly.

"Sir, we're about to close."

"Oh. Oh God, I'm sorry! B-but I would like to make a reservation, please." He's still panting but he managed to announce.

"Sure. May I ask for a name, date and time for the reservation?"

When Donghyuck finally calmed down, he took a heavy sigh. "Yes. It's Lee Donghyuck. Is Saturday still available?"

"Yes, sir. What time?"

"Uhm, 2PM."

"Alright!" She then typed in the computer. "So, Lee Donghyuck, Saturday, 2PM. Correct?"

"Yes."

"Oh, and sir, for how many persons?"

"Two, please. Table for two. And can you reserve a table at near the back? My date likes it if we're not surrounded by lots of people."

"Sure, I'll add it to the notes. Would that be all?"

"Yes."

Donghyuck watched as she typed in the computer again.

"Alright! Your reservation is made. Hope to see you, sir. Have a nice evening! And goodluck to your date."

"Thank you." Donghyuck chuckled before exiting the restaurant. He sighed once again before walking home.
-

A/N

this book's about to end soon :(( thank you so much for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1K 20
jeno and jaemin work in a cafΓ©. renjun likes hot chocolate and boys. sequel to plushies.
159K 8.3K 40
❝ so you have already moved on, huh? ❞ + in which the epitome of perfection, as what others call him, huang renjun couldn't seem to move on from his...
77.9K 2.9K 86
"renjun? he's just my brothers friend." - university au ; text fic huang renjun the first few chapters are god awful, but when you get past that m...
27.8K 1.6K 72
Unlike some might claim, Renjun is not a grumpy loner. He should be allowed to know what he likes and dislikes - that's all he's asking for. And if o...