The love of my life

By Avreet_B

LOVE- a four letter word that people claim makes the world go round but what they don't tell is that, If you... More

1. Re-Introduction
2. Exits and Entrances
3. Introduction
4. First date
5. Break up
6. The wait ends
7. Ecstasy
8. Morning after
9. Connections
10. Bus trip
11. Training center
12. Whirlwind
13. Decisions
14. Figuring it out
15. The heart wants
16. Drunk dialed
17. Separate ways
18. Her Birthday
19. His birthday
20. Accidental reunions
21. A final lookback
22. Mistakes
23. Ignorance is bliss
24. Amends
25. Bedsheets
26. The brave and the beautiful
27. Disruptions
28. Goal
29. It's a date.
30. Preparations
31. The Date
32. Fight-Flight
33. Deal?
34. Grow on me
35. Need
36. At your doorstep
38. The King
39. F*C* (Fuck/Face) IT.
40. Loyal
41. Settling down
42. Distance
43. Hell broke loose
44. After effects
45. The day of the ball
46. The Ball
47. After-party
48. What's coming?
49. Done and dusted?
50. Love and laughter
51. It's time
52. Nostalgia
53. The nervous prince
54. Engaged
55. Suspicions
56. Truce
57. Joy
58. Dreams do come true.
59. Mr. and Mrs. Sandhu
60. Morning to happily ever after
61. Epilogue

37. Kingdom

485 54 8
By Avreet_B

Daman POV

She landed at the airport, that seemed to be carved out from, and into a single mountain. The flights were limited and domestic only.

Ekansh had booked a ticket for her and Tejasveer and told them to take control of the situation while she had insisted to drive the distance, a little less than 600kms.

He had stayed back, to take care of his niece and nephew as he had already promised his sister.

Harmeet had already gone to the wedding in her native village after another arguement. She was used to Daman being quiet and nodding her head, since Sangram passed away. This confidence was new.

"Mom..." Tejas said as he pointed to a guy standing in what seemed like a white short sherwani, ending half a foot below his waist with white loose pants and a similar colored cap on his head.

He held the board, with the name, Dr. Daman and Tejas on it.

She pushed the trolley towards him.
"Mam, are you Dr. Daman?" He asked as she nodded.

"I am."

"Sat sri akal madam ji. This way please." He said taking her luggage, as she kept her handbag. He made his way to a beautiful black G-wagon standing in all it's elaborate beauty and pristine alloy wheels.

The baby seat was already set in, as she put in Tejas, and sat besides him.
The driver looked at them through the rear view mirror.

"Madam, shall we leave?" He asked, as she smiled.

"Yes please." she said and looked at Tejas ready to sleep after being panicky in the short flight. Tejas hated flying, like his father.

His father was in Navy, but she wondered what if he had to somehow go in airforce. That would be an excruciating journey.

"How far is the house?" she asked, as he looked at the left side of his view.

"Five minutes." He said as she saw the extravagant white and grey stone building, he was gesturing to from afar.

It had atleast five stories, and modern architecture combined with pattern engraved pillars supporting the building.

She had asked Ekansh to book a room in the nearest three star for them, and he had clearly refused. He had stated that it was not safe, and if he ever visited her that would be reason for a scandal.

The road had varied houses big and small, new and ancient, lining the sides with greenery and trees.

"Tej, we're almost there. Sleep in your bed after meeting everybody." She said as he blinked at her thrice. "Good boy"

The gate towered at over 12 feet, opened for the car as they drove in beside a trimmed lawn in the middle and a driveway on both sides. The walls were as tall as the gate, with ornamental regional trees on the inner side planted, with flowers at their feet.

The basement and ground floor had no entrance as the car went up a ramp lined by exquisite pillars. she had see from afar. The car came to a halt more than half a kilometer from the main gate, infront of a large wooden door carved with antique handiwork.

A man in a green turban, and black similar length coat/kurta with white pants opened the car door as she stepped out. He bowed in greeting, infront of her, as she had no idea how to respond.

"Please, I'm not a royal." She said after greeting him back, a he stood up.

"But you are a guest of the Royal's." She heard a woman say and look up to see her wearing pastel green shade salwar suit with a dupatta pinned over her head. She had heavy earrings, a choker with a long necklace all in traditional kundan work. The huge gold bangles, one in each hand with beautiful rings were hard to miss. The shape of the eyes, size of ears and the plump of the lips was too familiar to miss.

"Sat sri akal, Mrs. Sandhu." Daman said, with her both hands joined. She had already asked Ekansh, if she nodded to bow and he had murmured something inaudible, along the lines of 'The world will bow to you', and then declined.

Daman was a proud mom, when Tejas followed her lead and joined his hands. She nodded, in greeting and hugged her as Tejas touched his feet.

"Oh, bless you my child." She said, and picked him up.

Tejas hated being picked up by strangers, but he didn't show if he felt it this time.

"Come in." she said, leading them inside as their bags were led in. She looked around and the open space, had three stories one side, and three on the other. The overhead to the center space was covered by a huge dome structure, semitransparent to the sky.

"Would you like to eat, or freshen up first?" She asked, as Daman looked at Tejas.

"He had milk on the flight. If you don't mind, can we freshen up and settle him in bed." Daman says, as she nods.

"Of course." She said as Daman took out the empty medical grade plastic bottle with nipple out of her bag. "I'll keep it in the kitchen, wash it and refill later."

"No, you won't. She'll take care of it." She said as a she handed it to an old woman who walked towards them.

"Please do it in hot water and rinse with..." Daman was saying as Mrs. Sandhu interrupted me.

"This is Narmada. She was Ekansh's caretaker until he was 16. Kunwar called and gave strict instructions that she's the only one with access to Tejas and what he eats, or how he sleeps besides you. Even I'm not allowed to do that." She says, as Daman nods, half confused and half proud.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I'll eat whatever you make, and however it suits you. But with Tejas..." Daman says as Mrs. Sandhu hands her son to the old lady in her sixties. She takes him with a smile, as he stares back at Daman.

"I understand. Go shower and rest. Raja ji will be here soon and you can address your concerns with him." she says with a hand of blessing on her shoulder, as Daman nods to follow the man in black jacket taking their luggage. Narmada ji walked behind her with her son.

"This is huge. How many people live here?" Daman asks, as she smiles in her wisdom.

"This is Kunwar's wing. The one on ground floor just below us belongs to the King and Queen. Above us was for kunwar's siblings. The floors across the center space, is for social ceremonies on bottom two floors and for their stay in the third floor. The center space has the small seating area for visitor's, then behind it is the dining room, kitchen and a library. After it, are the servant quarters that open behind."

"But when you are called for dinner, it's on the ground floor in King and Queen's area. They have a small seating area, movie theater and dining table for the family. That is where you will be dining with the king and queen."

"Why am I not in the guest room's?" Daman asked confused.

"That is for national and international guests but you are a friend of the prince." She said as they turned right from the staircase. The door was opened by the man holding her luggage as she saw the blue reflection of water. She gasped at the sight of the beautiful indoor swimming pool.

"He even has his small kitchen when he doesn't want to socialize. There's five bedrooms and on the opposite side there's a gym, a recreation room with his snooker table, table tennis stuff like that, a room for his music instruments and painting, followed by the kitchen I mentioned with a small dining table. Then there's a balcony with a swing, plants and a huge open area looking out at the mountains." She said, pointing the direction of each aforementioned rooms as the first door was left closed down the corridor to open the second.

"That is Kunwar's room, and has a walk-in-closet attached occuping the space for another room. So, this door leads to yours." She said as a small bed was placed near the queen sized bed. Daman noticed the room was childproofed, with no glass and some toys. The door for the bathroom was slightly ajar.

"There's a tub for a child and every bathroom accessory required in there. He wanted a different room for Tejas, but I suggested that since it's a new place this would be more comfortable for both of you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 11.1K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!πŸ’˜ Join Spruha and Varad in their love journeyπŸ§‘πŸ’™ π—šπ—Ήπ—Άπ—Ίπ—½π˜€π—² ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
22.5K 1.4K 24
π™Άπ™»π™Έπ™Όπ™Ώπš‚π™΄ :- His car sputtered to a halt, the engine giving out just as he spotted a girl standing beside a taxi that had stopped in the middle...
173K 7.5K 66
Married in the mothers' wombs, this is a story of two individuals and how they overcome the many obstacles life throws at them in a traditional backw...
18.9K 3.8K 33
Ivaan's eyes narrowed, looking at the kit in his hand "Perhaps, I should... just maybe.......... listen to you" he murmured, " but what can I say...