Playing Dad

By Jezza_Bell

Tristy finds herself at her fathers funeral only to learn the man she new all along was not her birth father... More

Playing Dad
1. Hail On My Rain
2. Strange Names
3. Bad Luck For New Beginnings
4. Late Night Snack
5. Tow Me Away
6. Who's She?
7. A Little Sympathy
9. Struck By Something
10. A Sense Of Belonging
11. My Opportunity
12. Rave of Disaster
13. Friends, Or More?
14. Arcades Aren't Just For Kids
15. Goodbyes
16. An End Of An Old Life

8. We'll Get There

555 25 8
By Jezza_Bell

“Wow she does look like you.”

“I know right!”

I was waking up to voices saying. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I yawned as I rolled over hoping they would leave me in peace.

“Aww did you see how cute?” I heard Tre.

“Yeah Tre, um maybe we should leave her be.” A stranger said.

“I just want to cuddle her in my arms!” I heard him say as if talking about a puppy. I quickly opened my eyes and turned when I felt movement on the bed.

“Don’t do that!” Tre had his arms open and was hovering over me.

“Aw come on?” He grinned and gestured his hands. I moved his hands to the side.

“No.” I said in a stern voice. I stood straight next to a complete blonde headed stranger. Just like Billie he was in dire need of a root touch up, only his roots weren’t so dark.

“Well hi there!” He said in a strange announcers voice as if I won a contest. I rubbed my eyes and met his blue eyes.

“Uh high, I’m…” I went to reach out my hand and he quickly grabbed it.

“Tristy, I know. It’s so nice to finally meet you. Your dad has talked so much about you.” I looked at Tre who was proudly nodding and back to the stranger.

“Um thanks.” I said slowly pulling my hand away. “You must be Mike?”  He nodded smiling. I moved the covers and turned putting my feet to the floor. “Well I guess I’d better change.” Mike smiled and stepped to the door.

“Ok! Breakfast is in the kitchen if you’re hungry! I made waffles!” Tre said happily. I just looked at him blankly, I was still tired.

“Yeah thanks.”

“Oh you!” Tre quickly kissed my head and ran out the door.

“Ugh.” I wiped my head off and went to my bathroom. I quickly showered and got dressed. I figured we wouldn’t be going out so I put on a light blue polo shirt and some blue jeans and white socks. I set my tan Sperrys by my door for easy access in case I needed to leave. I made my way to the kitchen and saw no one as I passed through the living room. I wonder where they went. I found I nice stack of waffles with a bottle of syrup. By that I saw assorted sprinkles, a can of whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. I just topped them with regular syrup and poured some orange juice. I sat and ate noticing the house seemed strangley quiet. Good, they must be gone. Before I could finish my thought I heard a muffled guitar and drum sounds coming from the other side of the house. Oh god. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. I could hear what I thought was Billie busting out lyrics. It was very muffled and behind closed doors so I couldn’t really tell what was being said. I just hope that with open doors he doesn’t sound like a wailing cat! After I was done I washed the syrup off my plate and stuck it in the dishwasher. I decided to go find them out of curiosity. When I stepped in they all looked at me and smiled. They were in the middle of a song. Tre pointed his drum stick at a chair and I took it. I sat there listening without tapping my foot or bobbing my head. I was not use to this music at all. After they finished they looked at me.

“So what do you think?” Billie asked.

“You sound like a bunch of grown men with a lot to say.” Billie smiled and nodded.

“Yeah kind of.” Mike threw in. I raised my eyebrow.

“Pretty cool I guess.” I said casually nodding a bit

“You guess? We’re awesome as fuck!” Tre said grinning.

“Tre! She’s a lady. You don’t say fuck to a lady, or your daughter.” Billie said turning scalding him. Tre shook his head smiling.

“I’m sorry Tristy. I’m still kinda new to this whole thing.” He smiled. I gave him a light smile. Maybe Billie’s right; maybe he just needs a little time to adjust.

“It’s ok Tre.” I said calmly.

“Well how about we take a lunch break?” Tre said looking at everyone.

“Sure!” Mike and Billie said setting their instruments to the side.

“Uh I just ate breakfast so I’m good.” I said waving my hand and standing.

“Well you can still come talk to us!” Billie said gesturing me to follow. I stepped to the door with them.

“Yeah and tell us what you’ve been up to all these years, since your father has failed to find out.” Mike said putting an arm around my shoulder.

“Hey! I tried! And you know it!” Tre turned pointing at him. Mike smiled. We continued down the hall and I looked to Mike.

“Did he really?”

“Hmm?” He looked down at me. I was speaking low so the others couldn’t hear.

“Did he try to find me?”

“Yeah… He nearly drove me nuts at one point, I mean I wanted to find you to for his sake but we were just having bad luck. I guess because your last name wasn’t your mother’s maiden name that made it even harder.” I nodded and bit on my jaw.

“Billie said that you guys didn’t know about me. That I wasn’t talked about.” I said softly looking to him so Billie couldn’t hear.

“That’s because Billie was high a lot and not paying attention, which he was stressed and had his own issues.”

“Oh, makes sense.” He smiled as we stepped into the kitchen and removed his arm from me.

     As they made their meals we talked about music, what I liked and what they liked. Mike had a few interesting poets that I had read over. He seemed to be the more intelligent one of the bunch, but he did crack a few jokes here and there. For the first time being there I started to feel a bit comfortable. I took a picture with them as Beth had asked and sent it to her. Of course she called me immediately and profusely blurted out her excitement in my ear. After Mike left I felt I was ready to talk to Tre; if he would listen.

“So Tre I have to tell you something.” I said seriously adjusting myself on the couch across from where he was seated. He was beside Billie in the love seat.

“Yes my child?” He said grinning. I looked to Billie who nodded and then back to Tre before biting my lip.

“Um…” I cleared my throat. “I think we need to talk about everything that’s happened, and I really need to –“

“Oh I know we really need to spend more time together and do things, like father daughter things!” I guess he’s kind of on the right track, but I really needed to tell him about mom.

“Well maybe, but I-“

“Oh we can go to like Chuck-E-Cheese or something, maybe Adventure Landing!” He was getting excited and giddy like a kid. I scrunched my eyes.

“No, even if I wanted to spend a lot of time together I don’t wanna do that. That’s for little kids. I’m nearing 22 for god sakes!”

“That stuff is still fun!” He sounded a bit upset. Billie grabbed his arm.

“Yeah for a ten year old.” I said rolling my eyes.

“You wouldn’t know what fun is even if it hit you in the face.”

“Look! All I wanted to do is sit and talk like mature adults but I guess you can’t do that!”

“Oh why because im not mature enough, I’m to childish?”

“Yes!”

“Now Tre just listen to what she has to say.” Billie intervened. I looked to Billie.

“No Billie, he doesn’t have the attention span to listen, and doesn’t want to act civil enough to sit and converse like a grown man, let alone an adult!” I stood crossing my arms. Before I knew it things started escalating quickly. He was yelling and I was yelling. Poor Billie would try to calm things but it wouldn’t work. Everything Tre said just made me more upset. “I don’t even know why I came here! You clearly can’t be the father you need to be!”

“I don’t know either! You know what, people say you look just look me, but you’ll never be like me! You’ve been raised by someone else, to act like someone else! You think you’re so smart and better in your… your posh outfits! Why don’t you just go home back to your mom who loves you and who you love, seeing how you don’t want anything to do with me!” With that a few tears fell from my eyes. His face relaxed and turned sad. “Oh no… Tristy.”

“Don’t!” I turned and stomped to my room slamming the door.”

-TrePOV-

Son of a bitch why can’t I keep my mouth shut. I don’t know what even happened. I flinched when I heard the door slam. She had to have wanted something to do with me otherwise she wouldn’t have come here. I gulped and looked down realizing I was in the wrong. I should have been more mature about things and listened. I just got nervous. I always find it mood calming whenever I’m silly. I looked to Billie who looked at me a bit angry.

“I know!” I said to him before sitting down. I rested my head in my hands.

“No you don’t know.”

“What?” I looked to him. He huffed.

“You should have just sat and listened to her.”

“I know. What was so damn important that she would jump down my throat so quickly like that?” I was a bit frustrated. He put a hand on my shoulder.

“Tre, Her mom died.” I looked to him shocked.

“No. When?”

“When she was 16.” I dropped my head nearly in tears.

“No wonder she hates me. Why would she tell you and not me?” I looked back to him.

“Because I actually sat down and talked to her, and listened!” he said rubbing my neck. I stood “What are you doing?”

“What I should have done before.” I walked to her room and tapped on the door as I opened it. She was bawling too much in her pillow to hear me. It really broke my heart. I sat by her.

“Go Away!” she yelled into her pillow. I put my hand to her back put she pushed it off keeping her face in the pillow.

“You know, your mother had the same beautiful smile as you. A lot of people say that you look like me but I’m ugly.” She stopped crying but was still sniffling a little. “The moment I saw you I was quickly reminded of how beautiful Kristy was, because in reality you look just like her.” She turned her head to the side and I could see the side of her face. She wiped the tears from her cheek.

“Did you know her for a while?” She said softly. I smiled.

“Yes. We actually secretly dated for about a year.” I smiled to her.

“Wow!” She sniffled. “Uncle Jerry said you met at a party, and had a one night stand, and well… then me.” She turned some more and wiped her nose.

“That’s because we had Jerry fooled.” I smiled and wiped her cheek. “Your mother was very sweet, and classy, like you.” She smiled. “She also had a little sense of adventure and I loved that.”

“Why didn’t you tell people you were dating?”

“Age. She could have been thrown in jail be my parents if they ever found out and didn’t like her. I couldn’t risk that. Although we were just a couple years apart, I was still under age. So of course when she found out she was pregnant with you, we both were terrified, but she thought it’d be best if she left for a while until I was of age; before I knew it though someone else had stolen her heart. I was spending more time with the band to let it even bother me.” She looked a bit saddened. “Kristy was the best thing that ever happened to me, I just wished it happened a little later so that hopefully we could have been a proper family. I did search for you honestly, but it was really hard.”

“why didn’t you get the fans help?”

“Because, then I’d have probably a hundred girls coming to me claiming to be you, and I didn’t know your last name. I just knew Kristy’s.”  She nodded.

“I guess I never thought about that.” I smiled hoping she understood where I was coming from.

“I’m sorry I’ve been acting wild and stuff, that’s just my personality and how I’ve always been. I guess I need to change that.” I smiled a little and she gave me a slight smile. “I’m really sorry I didn’t listen to you before. And the things I said. I didn’t mean, And I’m sorry about your mom. She really meant the world to me, it really breaks my heart.” I nearly teared up and I saw a single tear fall from her eye. “Do you think you can give me a second chance?” she looked at me and there was a moment of silence.

“I guess. You have until those parts come.” I smiled.

“Can I give you a hug?”

“um… sure but let’s not make it to long ok.” I nodded excitedly and pulled her in for a hug.

“Love you!” I said squeezing. She pushed me a way.

“I’m not quite there yet.” I smiled.

“You will be soon.” I rubbed her head and stood. “Let’s get dinner!” I clapped my hands.

“Jeez what is it with you and food?”

“I’m always hungry, plus I figured we could call something in so it’ll take a while to get here.

“Alright. I just need to wash my face.” She stepped to her bathroom and I stepped out. Billie was making his way down the hall; pretending he wasn’t just know eves dropping.

“Hey.” I said he quickly turned.

“Oh hey, there you are!” he threw his hand out and stuttered something else.

“Knock it off I know you were listening.” I stepped to him.

“Yeah, doors kinda thick though.. eh.. how’d it go?”

“Things are looking up!” I smiled. I really hope I can be a good father. I mean she is nearing 22, what is there left for me to even do???

-Hope you enjoy! Comment/vote <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 4K 41
**SEQUEL TO YES, SIR** She left her heart in Oakland, but he found her three years later in New York City.
54.7K 1.5K 33
Sky was your typical 20 year old. Ever since she met Billie Joe they have always been close friends and sees him as another member of the family and...
42.3K 1.6K 21
Rylee Presley; adopted and a runaway. Tre Cool; well uh, he's Tre Cool. What happens when these two literally run into each other?
56.1K 1.8K 32
Chelsea was brainwashed by her homicidal mother, who killed Chelsea's father right in front of her. Not only had she tragically lost her father, she...