Underestimated (MHA x Male Re...

By Some_Emo_Guy

A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked i... More

The Beginning
Entrance Exam
First Day
Class Rep
USJ: Part 1
USJ: Part 2
Sports Festival: Obstacle Race
Sports Festival: Cavalry Battle
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 1
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 2
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 3
Sports Festival: Finale
Hero Names
Nighteye's Tests
Suiting Up
Bleeding Out
Pressure
Personal Growth
Secrets
Exam Prepping
Final Exam
Encounter
Wild Wild Pussycats
Camp Training
Good Company
Not a chapter. Suggestions?
Bloodlust
The Lion's Den
A FUBAR Situation
Apologies & Dormitories
Ultimate Moves

Combat Training

3.9K 113 176
By Some_Emo_Guy

It's day two at UA. I sat in class, waiting for something interesting to happen. "Hey, man, what was your name again?" the red haired guy asked. I was seated right behind him.

"Y/N L/N. How about you?" I replied. The guy somewhat pounded his chest with his hand.

"I'm Eijirou Kirishima! Great to meet ya! So, L/N, I'm curious, who did you get your quirk from?" Kirishima asked. Iida was to my right and decided to get in on the conversation.

"I, too, am curious, L/N. Is your quirk a combination of your parents' quirks? Or did one of your parents pass it on to you?" Iida asked.

"Call me Y/N. And to be honest, my quirk is kind of a mystery." I replied, scratching my head.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kirishima asked. I held up my hand.

"Well, my mom's quirk lets her light up her fingers like sparklers." I said. I did my best to imitate sparks coming from my fingers.

"That's kinda cool." Kirishima said.

"Was she a Hero at one point?" Iida asked, curious.

"Yeah, her quirk, Torch Fingers, was pretty useful for rescue situations. It let her finger tips burn at well over 1000 degrees. She used it to cut through stuff and get to trapped people." I stated. Iida looked like a lightbulb went off in his head.

"I knew that quirk sounded familiar! Your mother was the Rescue Hero: Torch!" Iida yelled. The rest of the class turned to the commotion.

"Yeah, that's right." I agreed, calmly.

"Why are you so calm about this?! Your mom was an awesome Hero, known for her Rescue skills!" Kirishima said. Others in the class started to chime in, agreeing. I chuckled at their excitement.

"Yeah, I mean, it's really awesome. It kind of gives me something to live up to. But, at the same time, that was a somewhat long time ago. To me, she's just mom." I stated. A lot of people nodded. They understood what I meant.

"Oh, wait. What about your dad's quirk?" Kirishima asked.

"My dad's quirkless. See what I meant when I said my quirk was a mystery?" I replied.

"Interesting. I wonder..." Iida began.

"I AM HERE!" All Might screamed. He had suddenly rushed through the door.

"All Might?!" The entire class screamed.

"I'll be your teacher today, for Hero basic training!" All Might said. A bunch of panels popped out of the classroom wall. All Might motioned to them. "These are your Hero costumes, as you requested them. Put them on and report to the training grounds." he said. Everyone was bursting with excitement. We had all sent in details of what we wanted our Hero costumes to be like. Now we would get to wear them! The whole class gathered at the training grounds. My costume consisted of; a black overcoat, black pants, black boots, a black belt, a black t-shirt and a pair of aviators.

(Just imagine Neo's outfit from The Matrix, but with aviators)

I also wore an upgraded version of my shock gloves. They were made by the Support Course, going off of my original design. Midoriya came out wearing an interesting costume, except the mask.

'Say something positive. Say something positive!' I thought to myself.

"Hey, Deku! Nice costume!" Uraraka said. She ran up to Midoriya. I struggled not to laugh as he blushed madly at her costume. "I should've written what I wanted. I ended up getting a skin-tight bodysuit." Uraraka said, embarrassed. The purple guy was standing nearby.

"I love this school." he said. I overheard and turned to him.

"Think it, don't say it." I said.

"Where's the fun in that?" the purple guy replied. I grimaced in disgust and turned my attention to All Might.

"Fantastic costumes! You all look like real Heroes, now! Now, I'll explain the objective and the rules." All Might said. To summarize, we were all assigned to teams of two. One team would be picked to be Heroes, the other would be Villains. Villains will guard a nuclear weapon they intend on deploying and the heroes must stop their scheme. If the Heroes capture the Villains or reach the nuclear core before time runs out, they win. If the Villains manage to keep the nuclear core for the whole time or they capture the Heroes, they win. All Might drew lots for who would go first.

1st match:
Midoriya & L/N (Heroes)
VS
Bakugo & Iida (Villains)

"Alright, let's show everybody what we can do."  I said, grinning. I could tell Midoriya was thinking something completely different. Probably something along the lines of, 'We're gonna die.' Bakugo and Iida entered the building first. We entered a few minutes later.

"Okay. If I were a giant bomb, where would I be?" Midoriya mumbled.

"Hiroshima, in 1945." I replied, sarcastically. Midoriya turned to me with an expression of horror.

"That's horrible." he said.

"But true." I replied, calmly. Bakugo suddenly came around the corner. Midoriya tackled me to the ground, but Bakugo's attack hit him. Half of his mask was blown away.

"Go! Find the bomb!" Midoriya yelled. I was about to object, but Midoriya caught Bakugo's next attack and shoulder swung him to the ground. I left them to their battle and continued my search.

'Midoriya catalogs the strengths and weaknesses of peoples' quirks, as a hobby. And he grew up with Bakugo. He probably has notes on his fighting style, too. He can handle himself. I've got my own opponent to worry about.' I thought. I found the room with the bomb. I activated my shock gloves only to get totally blitzed by Iida. He slammed into me and sent me into the wall. I got up and tried to graze Iida with my shock gloves. But he went passed me and swept one of my legs out from under me.

"You're defeated! Now to wrap you with the capture tape!" Iida said, running.

"Alright, now I'm pissed!" I shouted. I did a kip up, putting me on my feet. I reached in my overcoat and pulled out a black pistol from under my arm. "Rubber bullets, I swear!" I screamed, aiming.

Iida slid on the floor, dodging under my shot. As he was sliding passed me, I bent down and grabbed hold of him. Iida's momentum pulled me with him and we dragged along the ground. I activated one of my shock gloves and tasered the hell out of him. We finally came to a stop, and I took my hand off Iida. "Aw! Man...I think I got a friction burn from dragging on the ground." I holstered my pistol and walked toward the fake bomb. I grinned and placed my hand on it. When I did, a huge gust of air came from below and blew a big-ass hole through multiple floors of the building. I stood, mouth agape, as the remaining wind exited. "Uh...Midoriya?" I said, confused.

"Hero Team wins!" All Might yelled over the intercom. I got back to the monitor room to be greeted with names and compliments. It felt good to start getting to know everyone. All Might walked up to me. "May I see your gun?" he asked. I put both my arms up high, making my holsters and guns visible.

"Which one?" I asked. All Might looked surprised.

"You have two?" he asked. I ejected the magazine from one of my pistols and opened the chamber before handing it to him. He examined the bullets and confirmed that they were rubber.

"I had heard that the Support Course was working on developing non-lethal bullets for a student in 1A. It took me a moment to realize it was you. I almost called off the match when you pulled out the pistol." All Might said.

"I came up with the idea after the Entrance Exam. I was limited to my shock gloves at the time. I decided that I needed something else, something with range." I began. All Might handed me my pistol back. "Both my shock gloves and my pistols go perfectly with my quirk. I use my shock gloves at close range and refill the power when it runs out. And I've got my pistols for long range." I said.

"I get it. You can refill the ammo in them when it runs out. You don't even have to worry about reloading!" Kirishima added.

"Exactly. I'm also disciplined in martial arts. As far as combat goes, I'm set." I said, confidently. "Wait, where's Midoriya?" I asked. I started looking around for him. Apparently, he had been severely injured by Bakugo's explosion, and he had hurt himself again, on top of that. I facepalmed upon learning this. "The guy is gonna give me a heart attack!" I yelled.

"You and Midoriya must be really close." Iida said.

"We stuck together all through middle school. We both used to be bullied for being weak." I said. Kirishima came up and put an arm around me.

"Weak? Midoriya's quirk is super strong, and you both seem pretty tough." he said.

"It's kind of hard to explain." I stated.

"Let's get on with the next match." All Might interrupted. And with that, the training went on. Later in the day, Midoriya woke up and returned to the classroom with the rest of us. Everyone started running up and introducing themselves, like they had with me.

"How are you, Slugger?" I asked, approaching him.

"I'm doing okay. Recovery Girl fixed me up pretty well." Midoriya said.

"If she could heal you after what you did at the entrance exam, then that today was nothing." I stated, grinning. I noticed that Midoriya was looking for someone.

"Bakugo left a little bit ago." Uraraka told him. Then Midoriya went looking for him. After today, I figured a conversation between them wouldn't end well, so I chased after my friend. I found them in time to miss the conversation. Bakugo continued walking home. Midoriya walked to me with his head down and a guilty look on his face.

"What did he say to you?" I asked.

"It wasn't what he said. It was what I said." Midoriya began. He forced himself to look up at me. "I really was quirkless. My quirk...isn't mine... I got it from someone else." Midoriya said. I was shell shocked. What he was saying made no sense.

"You never were much for jokes...but that one is especially bad." I told him. His expression turned somewhat desperate. "You can't give your quirk to someone else. Nobody can. But...you aren't joking... And you never lie..." I said, thinking. Midoriya put his head down once again. I ran my hand through my hair. "Seriously? I mean... What did you do? Who..." I trailed off. I chuckled and placed a hand on my friend's shoulder. "Doesn't matter." I said.

"What?" Midoriya said, looking up.

"Doesn't matter. Look, there's clearly a lot you haven't been telling me. And that's cool. You probably didn't expect me to start using guns."

"What? Guns?!" Midoriya screamed.

"Yeah, with non-lethal rounds. Relax. Point is, it's hard to tell each other everything, all the time. When you're ready, you can tell me the details, alright?" I said. I started making my way back to the classroom.

"Y-Yeah!" Midoriya shouted. And with that, we had made it through another day in UA's Hero Course.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 27 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
132K 4.2K 52
"I can see it, too, Toshi, hope. A light like yours.. Those two have the heart of a Hero" βž½β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β₯ With 80% of the world's population obtain...
224K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
216K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed β€’Intro β€’30 chapters β€’Hal...