π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π»πΌπ‘πΎπ΄π΅πΏπΈ

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight

twenty -two

5.9K 410 137
By teeetales

February had slowly announced it's presence by the red and white décor that graced every part of the city. People were in high spirits for the month of love. Teddy bears and pink, whites and red flowers adorned the reception as Cheyenne stepped into the building. How she hated Valentines day.

Her work place took such events very serious, however she couldn't care less for the made up holiday for the past three years, especially not since her break-up with Khalil.

The only thing she was looking forward to was the little cakes she had purchased at Áine's bakery, compliments to the month of love. She had gotten a variety of flavors ranging from chocolate, vanilla, caramel, strawberry, raspberry and a lemon-orange flavor. She couldn't wait to devour in the treats. She was feeding into her new found addiction.

She stepped into her office and was bombarded by a banquet of flowers gracing her table. They were bright and so...pink with a hint of red and white but mostly pink. They sat in a round see through vase. Her lips immediately curled up in disgust.

"Eew". She muttered to herself as she stood by the doorway.

Whoever sent her those flowers better come and get them. With quickness.

She walked over to her desk and took a peek. They were enormous and had a little  card tucked in between them. She placed her box of cakes on the table alongside her purse then gently pulled the little card out.

To a special, beautiful lady who has captured my heart, be my Valentine's

-D ❤️

The message read with a red heart sticker on it.

"I think the fuck not Mr De Luca". She rolled her eyes and rummaged through her purse for her phone.

The other side of the call rang for a few moments until the phone was picked up.

"Yes?". The voice groggily sounding as if he just woke up. 

"Why did you send me flowers? You know how much I hate them, yet you keep doing it to piss me off!". She snapped not giving him a chance to say a word.

"Oh for fucks sake, it is the morning Chey ,what are you talking about?". Donovan confusedly questioned.

"Do not play dumb with me. The flowers you sent to my office". She told him.

"Wait, what flowers? I didn't send any flowers to your office. I know how much you hate them so why would I do that?".

"Because you are trying to piss me off as usual".

"Cheyenne please, I am a lot of things but being petty is not my thing ".

"Okay if you say you didn't, then who did?". She asked with her brow raised and hands placed on her hips. A tight frown was on her face.

"I don't know, now are you done with your ranting session?". He tiredly asked, blowing out a exhausted breathe.

"Wow, boy bye!". She hung up, dropping her phone on the glass table, causing a loud thump

She walked around her table and took a seat . She grabbed the box with the cakes and took one out— a vanilla caramel cake.

She stuffed one in her mouth, steady eyeing the flowers as she chewed. Leaning back in her chair and catching her breathe from the screaming match she had with Donovan, a knock echoed in the room interrupting her peace.

"Come in!". She spoke, rubbing her belly. She has been feeling  agitated lately by the smallest things.

The door pushed open and in walked Daniel with a huge grin on his face. He had his hands tucked in his dress pants with a white shirt clinging to his bulging biceps. He looked handsome as ever however his demeanor pissed her off.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes and immediately her mood became worse upon laying eyes on him.

"And what the fuck do you want?" She asked him, getting annoyed by his pearly white teeth and the dimples displayed on the sides of his mouth. His intoxicating cologne filled the room making her feel nauseated

"Happy Valentine's. I see you received my flowers". He stated making her instant feel bad for snapping at Donovan however this man's confession just made her madder

"Fuck no!". Cheyenne spewed out, "Take your ugly ass flowers and get out!". She pointed towards the door. Daniel's smile didn't falter from his lips. He only smiled as he openly stared at Cheyenne's face.

"You don't like them?", He pointed towards them with his head tilted to the side, "Usually all the girls I get flowers for, like them. I guess you are different. I like different".

"Boy I don't care about none of that shit. I just need you to leave and with your flowers". She stated, looking at him dead in the eyes.

"You know you like me, why do you keep fighting this?". He asked, his mood instantly changing acting as if he was hurt by her.

"I do not like you", She scoffed, "now please get out my office before I scream!". She threatened.

"And take your flowers with you!'. She sternly told him. They both eyed each other. Daniel to see if Cheyenne would falter but her gaze was strong.

He heavily sighed, grabbed the flowers and finally walked out the office with his head hanging low in rejection.

When he was out, Cheyenne's muscles finally relaxed and basking in the quietness when suddenly a sharp pain hit her by the side of her abdomen.

She tightly gripped the edge of her table as she counted to ten in her head and took deep breathes. That seem to work. She decided to  take a stand when the pain took over the same side once again.

She thought the pain would stop however it intensified causing a little scream to escape her lips and tears to gather in her eyes. She plopped back down in her chair. It was extremely excruciating and she has never felt that kind of pain before.

"Fuck!". She groaned as tears unexpectedly spilled out her eyes. She grabbed her phone and dialed Donovan's number

He answered immediately being he was right by his phone.

"What is it now?". He blew out with an attitude. He was a little blown back by the situation that happened earlier.

"I-i think something is wrong with the baby". She stuttered trying to catch her breathe.

"What? Where are you? Who is there with you?". He hurriedly asked, throwing on random clothes.

"In my office. I am all alone". She wheezed.

"Where is this pain coming from? Can you tell me how you are feeling?". Scared out of his mind, he asked her.

"From my side and it–its like a sharp stabbing pain". She cried out as the pain intensified which made him hurry his movements when he heard her groans. He was already in the car and down the street in no time.

"Okay okay, are you bleeding?". He worryingly asked. You could hear the panic in his voice while different thoughts ran through his head.

"I–i don't know. I think so". She whimpered causing his heart to rapidly beat against his chest.

"I don't wanna lose the baby. Donovan. Hurry, please". She told him, sniffing and gripping the phone in her hand as hard as she could.

"You won't". He firmly mentioned as a way to convince both of them, "Nothing will happen to you or the baby".

Cheyenne used her other hand and placed it between her legs. Pulling it out, she saw it covered in a crimson color, "I-l am bleeding ". She shakily stated as she examined her hand

"I am bleeding". She stated once more before bursting into tears. Donovan heard her cries causing him to press harder on the gas pedals.

"It's okay, it's okay". He tried to soothe her through the phone which made her get light headed. Cheyenne felt her eyes closing and let out little groans as she tried to calm down as well.

"Cheyenne are you still there?". He asked, noticing her quietness.

"I am getting sleepy". Her words slurred.

"No, no no  don't sleep, you hear me ? I am almost there". He stated, honking his horn which made her jump up as the pain continued to intensify.

"I want to sleep ". She mumbled with a tight frown on her lips and her eyes getting droopy.

"You can't sleep, I am here. I am pulling up". He frantically mentioned, messily parking the car and ran inside

"– okay, I am here". He told her, running up the stairs by taking two at a time.

He reached the door and pulled it open, bumping shoulders with Daniel.

He didn't have time to apologize, he just needed to get the mother of his child, before things escalated.

Daniel was taken aback by the person who nearly made him fall  face flat onto the floor. He loudly cuss as he watched this burly, tall man dissipate away from him.

But one thing that stood out to him was the tattoo on the back of his neck.

The cross with roses spiraling around it

☘︎

"—What you were experiencing was almost a preterm labor due to high level of stress. We were able to stop it just in time. I have inserted a device to prevent that from happening again and now I am putting you on bed rest of the rest of your pregnancy ". Dr Robyn informed the couple later that day as she stood at the foot of the bed.

"So I am the cause of this? I almost lost our child because of me?". Cheyenne asked, looking back and forth between Dr Robyn and Donovan.

"No, not at all Cheyenne. They are many factors that contribute to having preterm labor such as your age, not enough nutrients, stress. Your race is one of that and some times trauma, a short cervix not you". She reassured but she wasn't convinced.

Cheyenne shook her head, "you don't have to lie to me". She stated, wiping her tears. The pain had subsided and she was grateful, however upon hearing the news of almost having a premature labour, that further messed her up.

"Chey, it's okay. You are going to be fine". Donovan interjected, consoling a hysterical mother of his child.

"No! Do not tell me that! I almost lost the one good thing I have going on in my life right now and you are telling me it is not my fault?". She snapped at them as more tears cascaded down her face.

"I need you to calm down Cheyenne", Robyn stated as the monitor started beeping loudly. Her body slightly shook as she cried.

"Calm down baby". Donovan slipped out and said but he was too in the moment to care or notice.

He moved closer, taking a seat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around her. He engulfed her on his chest, gently trailing his hands down her back. He whispered sweet nothings in her  ear causing her to slowly relax.

"When can she leave?". Donovan averted his attention to Dr Robyn who watched the exchange with a smile on her face.

"I would like to keep her for one more day just to keep a eye on her and monitor any changes", She stated.

"That's okay". Donovan nodded his head as he continued his soothing.

"If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask". Dr Robyn states making him nod. She sent a small smile his way and was out the door, leaving the two together.

"I'm sorry". She sniffed, while wiping her tears.

Donovan's brows furrowed in confusion, "About what?". He questioned.

"About everything! The almost labor and also for crying so much". She stated making a frown grace Donovan's face.

"You do not need to apologize. You have a baby growing inside of you and you are experiencing different emotions everyday. It's natural ".

"You are so understanding Donovan". Her speech slurred indicating she was sleepy.

"Only to you". He smirked causing Cheyenne to give a lopsided smile.

"You pick and choose when you want to". The room grew quiet and the machines were lowly beeping giving her a sense or comfort

Cheyenne grew tired from the medication and crying causing little snores to bounce off in the room indicating she was out like a light.

The wind tussled as the dark skin man sat in his car in the dark alley. The dialing tone of the iphone rang in his ears as he watched a few people pass by his car.

"Boss?"

"Yeah what's up?". The voice on the other end spoke, coughing up a storm

"I think I found him".

It was silence, for at least a minute as the man tried to process the message.

"You sure?". He asked,

"Yes, I'm sure". He stated, looking at the picture in his hand.

"You bring him to me. Alive! Understood?". The raspy voice wheezed.

"Yes sir". And the call beeped.

"I am coming for you". The man stated, imitating a gun with his fingers

Pow pow

to be continued...

꧁꧂

thoughts?

last time, girl or boy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 102K 31
π™π™π™š π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™€π™£π™š. π™π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™₯π™‘π™–π™˜π™š, π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™©π™žπ™’π™š.
356K 17.3K 42
The best things come unexpected and sweep you off your feet
2.6M 125K 43
[ COMPLETED ] Devotion | βœ“ Book One Of The Sinners & Saints Series I AM HOPELESSLY AND ENDLESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU. COPYRIGHT Β© MIDNXGHTSUN
886K 41.4K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.