Comeback

By harrryshome

Lennon is a widowed single mom to 3 children. Harry is a world famous actor who fell off the face of the Eart... More

~ Characters and Intros ~
~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Chapter 9 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11 ~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~
~ Chapter 20 ~
~ Chapter 21 ~
~ Chapter 22 ~
~ Chapter 23 ~
~ Chapter 24 ~
~ Chapter 25 ~
~ Chapter 26 ~
~ Chapter 27 ~
~ Chapter 28 ~
~ Chapter 29 ~
~ Chapter 30 ~
~ Chapter 31 ~
~ Chapter 32 ~
~ Chapter 33 ~
~ Chapter 34 ~
~ Chapter 35 ~
~ Chapter 36 ~
~ Chapter 37 ~
~ Chapter 38 ~
~ Chapter 39 ~
~ Chapter 40 ~
~ Chapter 41 ~
~ Chapter 42 ~
~ Chapter 43 ~
~ Chapter 44 ~
~ Chapter 45 ~
~ Chapter 46 ~
~ Chapter 47 ~
~ Chapter 48 ~
~ Chapter 49 ~
~ Chapter 50 ~
~ Chapter 51 ~
~ Chapter 52 ~
~ Chapter 53 ~
~ Chapter 54 ~
~ Chapter 55 ~
~ Chapter 56 ~
~ Chapter 57 ~
~ Chapter 58 ~
~ Chapter 59 ~
~ Chapter 60 ~
~ Chapter 61 ~
~ Chapter 62 ~
~ Chapter 63 ~
~ Chapter 64 ~
~ Chapter 65 ~
~ Chapter 66 ~

~ Chapter 7 ~

2.5K 81 14
By harrryshome

Chapter 7
Friday August 12th
Lennon's POV

"You're exhausting, you know?" I commented, my brown eyes connecting with Harry's green ones. His hands folded in his pockets, and my arms down by my sides.

His appearance being very clean cut and put together, and my hair hasn't been washed in a week, not by choice. It's been a week now since he's reappeared into the world and uprooted my life for the second time this year, although it feels like it's been forever that I've been dealing with him.

He was dressed casually, a pair of gray sweatpants paired with a white t shirt repeating the word "vote" in tie dye letters across his back. His hair was more slicked back and styled than his usual curls, and the tattoos that usually are showcased on his arms have now been hidden with costume makeup, obviously for whatever project he's working on.

All he responded with was a shrug.

"When are you going to leave me alone?" I asked, slightly getting more annoyed. This little game he's playing where he shows up every night might be entertaining for him, but I'm not getting any fun out of it.

I have a new life now, I have my kids, I have my own house, and I have my fiancé.

Oh.

I don't have him anymore. The quick thought of him tore at my heartstrings, but I needed to focus on getting rid of Harry right now. Regardless, my life has strewn far away into something different than the life I had when Harry was a part of it.

"When are you going to sit down and talk to me?" He answered with another question. One that I've already answered countless times since I've seen him. I was tired of going back and forth with him. How many more times do I have to tell him I'm not interested in having this conversation with him before he gives it up?

"I don't want to talk to you"

"Lennon" He sighed, frustrated, he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Harry"

"You can't ignore this forever" He commented, once again making intense eye contact with me. All the times those eyes used to meet mine filled with love and fondness, is now changed into desperation and pain. I shifted in my spot uncomfortably, now crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yes, I can. I don't have to talk to you" I remarked.

"Just let me explain" He looked at me with pleading eyes, his words more breathy and pitiful as he went on.

"I don't need to hear it. What happened, happened. Nothing is going to change that"

"Do it for h-" He started, but I very quickly shut him down once I knew what the rest of his words were going to be.

"No. You don't get to do that" I snapped, glaring at him. Now deciding I was done playing around with him for the night, I backed up into my home. His cue that it's time to leave.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I am" He backed up on his words.

"Leave" I ordered "And stop showing up places where you aren't welcomed"

Before he even had the chance to say something else, I shut the door in his face. Just like how he closed the door on us several years ago. The kids were all asleep already, the twins had their sixth month check up this morning and did not appreciate the round of shots they were given, so they fell asleep a bit earlier than usual tonight. Theo fell asleep at his normal bedtime tucked under the sheets of my bed.

I heated myself up some dinner, just some leftover lasagna from when I actually got to cook yesterday night, and put on some "In the dark" to watch as I ate. Curled up on the couch underneath a blanket, I tried to focus on the show in front of me, but I just couldn't.

The house was so quiet with all 3 kids asleep, and the thought that someone else should be here right now just kept creeping up in the back of my mind. The family photo of Hudson, Theo, and my pregnant self was hung up on the wall next to the TV, just staring back at me.  The happiness was just radiating off of all of us, as Theo was being thrown up in the air with the biggest smile on his face, as Hudson stood with his arms up stretched ready to catch him. Then there was me next to Hudson, just so thrilled that this was my life.

Hudson should be here right now, but he wasn't, and it really feels like a knife stabbing into my heart repeatedly.

Not just because of the countless photos around the house, but everyplace was just a constant reminder of what I had and what I lost. The kitchen where he'd come up behind me when I was making dinner. The dining room table he would do crafts with Theo on. The bed where the two of them would read their bedtime stories together. Every time the kids did something new, and he wasn't there to see it. There was so much he was missing, and so much more he will continue to miss.

All the moments we will never have again, and all the plans we made that just washed away when he passed.

I stopped eating, my stomach now feeling like a pit that would fail if I put another bite in my mouth. My eyes were now filled to the brim with tears that I didn't want to cry. Were my hands shaking?

Then there was Harry. Harry who thought he would show up after years and we would talk and everything would be okay again. Harry, who left at a time when I needed him and then had to struggle to do it all on my own. Harry, who had chosen to bring me so much pain and then comeback like it was no big deal.

Everything was going through my mind at a 100 miles an hour, and I didn't know how to fix any of it.

I needed to stop.

Staying strong for the kids is the most important thing right now, and I couldn't keep thinking like this.

A few seconds felt like forever, and I don't know how, but I snapped out of it when I heard Theo's little voice asking for me.

"Mommy?"

It took a minute for me to get myself back together. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, and used my hand to wipe away the tears that escaped. I didn't want him to see I was crying, so hopefully his tired little toddler self doesn't notice.

"Momma, you otay?" He asked, and I heard him start to walk closer to me. I could see he was holding his stuffed dog animal and blanket in his arms, as he tried to climb onto the couch.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay" I fibbed to him, and helped pull himself into my lap. Wrapping my arms around him, I instantly felt myself relax, and then realized he probably needed something from me if he woke up from his slumber. "Are you okay?"

"I miss daddy" He spoke quietly, whispering so softly I almost didn't even hear him. His head was buried into me, so it muffled his sentence a bit. However, I did hear a small sniffle and feel him shuffle even closer to me.

"I miss daddy too" I agreed, keeping my voice soft, and rubbed his back with my free hand. It broke me even more inside to hear those words come out of Theo's mouth.

I feel like sometimes people forget that kids are human's as well and can also have such big feelings and not always properly know how to handle them. I know Theo, and I know the main reason he's so quiet and reserved is because of what he's seen happen and how he's trying to deal with it, but people like my mother expect him to think everything is fine. Theo has lost people too.

"Here" I reached over and grabbed a photo frame that was perched on the side table that held a photo of Hudson and I. "Give goodnight kisses"

Theo, slowly, lifted his head up and leaned in to plant a kiss on the glass. "Night night"

"Let's go get some sleep baby" I put Theo down on the carpet and stood up, cleaning up the plate of lasagna I barely even touched.

"Mommy?" Theo called my name again.

"Yeah?" I responded, walking back to the living room and shutting off some of the lights.

"Daddy says we should get a puppy" Theo looked up at me, a shy but knowing smile was now across his face.

"Oh really?" I chuckled, scooping him up into my arms.

"Yep!"

"Mmm, tell daddy we'll have to see about that one" I answered, and carried him back down the hallway to my bedroom. The lights were still shut and very dark in here, but we luckily made it to the bed without me falling on anything. I laid down on my side of the bed, Theo laid down in the middle of the bed.

Theo of course had a hard time falling back asleep, but after 30 minutes of back rubs and lullabies, I felt him relax into me and I then knew he finally was back to bed. He left me with barely any space to sleep, but at least he was happy.

Similarly, I also had a rough time falling asleep. I kept tossing and turning on what little space of the bed I did have, and no matter how long I laid there with my eyes closed, my body just would not shut off.

All I wanted to do was go to sleep because I know that since the twins fell asleep earlier, they'll be up earlier than their usual time. Meaning, I need to be up and ready to parent at 6 am on a Saturday.

However, I just could not stop thinking about Harry.

Not in a good way.

His face just kept appearing each time that I shut my eyes. Thinking about Harry only left me feeling frustrated and angry, obviously not helpful to drifting off to sleep.

It's been years, without anything from him. All he left behind was his stupid letter, his acting career, and the people he claims he loved. Not a text, not a phone call, not even a stupid magazine article talking about a "spotting" of him. For several years, he managed to escape the famous lifestyle he once relished in. No one's heard from Harry Styles since he left, and now all of a sudden he shows up out of the blue and wants to talk to me.

I don't care to hear his reasoning for why he left, because no reason will be good enough for me to excuse what he did to us. I don't want to have a conversation about it with him, but I fear he won't leave me alone unless I do.

I don't want to let him back in again.

He left behind something he shouldn't have, and I built a different life.

Plus, he had to of only came back so he could work on his stupid movie without feeling guilty about it. Why else would he go back to work and show up on my doorstep days beforehand?

Above everything else, I need to do what's best for the kids and myself, and Harry isn't that anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 6.4K 52
CINEMA: noun // The production of movies as an art or industry. Rory Fraser is a 25 year old single mom and a film student at the University of South...
158K 4.1K 61
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
1.8K 51 50
I didn have time to edit with so many parts Trigger warnings- smut,mpreg harry, eating disorder, Harry falls for a boy he wants to tell him but the...
29.7K 1.6K 75
Anna Styles, an accomplished and well known architect, is stepping back from her high-profile job to focus on the family that she and her husband, Ha...