The Tetrachromat (On HOLD)

By DomiSotto

||UMBRELLA ACADEMY x THE PRINCES IN THE TOWER|| In 2023, eighteen-year-old Grisha is upset over missing his a... More

Chapter 1. War and Peace
Aesthetics 1. Ivan the Terrible Kills His Son
Chapter 2. The Sleepless Eyes
Aesthetics 2. Ivan the Terrible, His Sons and Other Relatives (for this story)
Chapter 3. The Smudge
Chapter 4. Blessed by a Blessed Madman
Chapter 5. Shadows of Terrible: Novgorod, 1570 C.E.
Chapter 6. Last Name on the List
Chapter 7. The Slight Witch Potential
Chapter 8. The Finger Pointing Game
Chapter 9. Turnabout Is Fair Play
Chapter 10. May Fifteenth
Chapter 11. Besson's Dark Secret
Chapter 12. Midnight Prayer
Chapter 13. Shadows of Terrible: Constantinople, 1559 C.E.
Chapter 14. The Stigma
Chapter 15. The English Guests
Chapter 16. Once You Lie Once
Chapter 17. The Ghost of Novgorod
Chapter 18. Artistic Choices
Chapter 19. Shadows of Terrible: Tver', 1569 C.E.
Author's Note

Aesthetics 3. Boy-prince Dmitrii of Uglich

25 12 6
By DomiSotto

Suspicious death of boy-prince Dmitrii can be compared to the UK's historic mystery of the 'Princes in the Tower'. It had far-reaching consequences in the dynastic crisis that followed Tsar Fedor's death. It undermined the legitimacy of the tsars until the election of the first Romanov, spawning no less than three pretenders, claiming to be the surviving boy-prince Dmitrii. 

The most successful of these fake Dmitriis became a tsar for a bit by conquering Moscow with Polish troops. When he was ousted, both fake Dmitrii and his infant son were killed. The story goes that his wife had famously cursed Romanov's line: You start with a murder of a boy-prince, you will end with a murder of a boy-prince. 

Here are two very different painting of the boy-prince Dmitrii. 

Prince Dmitrii by Mikhail Nesterov (1862-1942)

Prince Dmitrii of Uglich by Ilia Glazunov (1930-2017)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 182 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...
15.9K 839 51
After the events of Swanston, Killian-Grey struggles to prove himself to the group after being branded as a traitor--especially when competing with h...
4.6K 40 22
SEASON 3 Book 3 . . . " Valentina, I just want... I just want to say that I-" five was about to say something but was cut off by a warm embraced. His...
27.6K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...