Like You A Little | Minji x H...

By expensivestrawberry

A broke student, needs to pay for her monthly financials. In the help of Danielle, Hanni was sent to Minji's... More

A/N:
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16

11

1.3K 95 20
By expensivestrawberry

TWO YEARS LATER

Hanni's POV

I've been with them for two years already, they literally treats me like a family. The life that I have right now is just too amazing to imagine, I'm literally living my best life with this family. And I never break the trust they have for me, especially Ms. Kim, I'm a little thankful that she'd never tell me the deal about Haerin.

I spent my Christmas days and New years with them, I'm always getting a gifts from Ms. Kim every little event, even in my birthdays. I'm so happy, I'm already 20 years old and I'm still here with them.

And to mention Danielle and Hyein, I once decided to meet them in the restaurant that I promised Danielle two years ago, we spent the remaining time together by hanging out all day and spending time inside the cinema. They're so happy when we did that, of course. They're my best friends, I should give them the best too and treat them nicely. They're also like a family to me even if I don't have one anymore.

And Minji's birthday is today, I don't really know what gift should I give to her. I'm still clueless about her interest in things. And speaking of them, Haerin and Minji totally breaks the hatred between them. They just get along all of sudden, and I honestly  don't know how?

Ms. Kim's currently planning something on Minji's birthday party too, you know when it comes to her daughters it's always elegance.

" Haerin-ah, what do you think Minji wants? " I asked, Haerin, playing on her phone.

" Hmm, why? you will give her one? should I come to you? where? " She literally bomber me a question.

" Hey haha, calm down. I was asking what do you think she wants? "

She paused, eyes were stuck on the ceiling.

" She's addicted to ice cream these days, I think you should buy her two of it. " Haerin said.

" Are you sure? like a two gallons of ice cream? is it enough? "

Haerin nodded, fixing her body proportion as she reaches for her shoes. And I watches her.

" Will you go for a walk, again? "

" No, I will come with you. "

My eyebrows raised.

" It's fine, I can buy it myself, you don't have to come with me. "

" I will buy it for you, let's go. "

I automatically stops when Haerin reached out for my hand.

" What'd you say? "

" I will buy it for you, you don't have to spend your money. "

I'm not agreeing as I shakes my head while pressing my lips together. I noticed Haerin's gratitude towards me lately, she's acting really nice.

" It's on me, and aside. It's my gift for Minji so, I would literally spend my own money not yours. "

Haerin smiled.

" That's so sweet of you, Hanni Pham. But I won't let you do that, now let's go. " And Haerin dragged me away outside the house and took her motorbike.

" You have a motorbike?! " My eyes widened, my tone is seemingly surprised and excited.

" Yeah, I asks Mom to buy it for me. Don't worry, I use my own money again. " Haerin answered.

I wanted to ask why but somehow, I get it already.

" Hop on, hands on my waist. "

I nodded of Haerin's demand.

" Wear the helmet, it's dangerous not using this. " She offered the helmet to me, and wore it myself and locked it.

" Don't make it fast, please? "

" I won't, just hold onto me. "

Haerin started the machine, and drove off. My grip was so tight in the whole ride, I have trust issues and can't deal with this thing but a part of me somehow tells me to hold this girl really tight, so I will feel safe.

We arrived at the convenience store,  I immediately made my way to the ice cream section. And was fascinated to see these tasty ice creams inside the freezer.

" Which one? " I asked, Haerin.

" I don't know haha, maybe the chocolate one? "

I opened the freezer and gets two gallons of chocolate ice cream without any hesitations, which surprised Haerin.

" Oh.. so, you'll gonna follow what I said? "

" Um, yeah? you said chocolate ice cream, so? "

" Alright, I'll pay for it. " Haerin said.

But I thought of running away from her, on the way to the counter while carrying these gallons of ice creams.

" I'll pay for it! " I said to the guy.

I'm confused why Haerin is not reacting at all and just standing behind me while shaking her head and smiling like an idiot.

" Have a nice day, miss. " The guy packed the ice creams and gave it to me.

And guess what? My money was left hanging on the air.

" Excuse me? I'll have to pay for it, right? "

The guy smiled, " Oh, your girlfriend already pays for it, miss. "

I was surprised that my eyes gets bigger, not just because Haerin pays for the ice creams but because of the girlfriend word.

I smiled awkwardly and took the plastic bag of ice creams. I reaches for Haerin's arm and dragged her away from the store.

" How much is it, Haerin? "

" What? Why would I tell you. "

" Come on, I have to pay you. This feels not right to me, please? "

Haerin raised her eyebrows and soon agreed.

" 9,000 won. "

" Here. " And Haerin just stared at it blankly.

" Take it, hey? "

" I'm not asking for money. "

" Are you insane? You better take this, please? "

" I'm asking for something. "

I stops once again, trying to figured out what does she meant on that words.

" Like what? "

Be my girlfriend, Hanni.

I can't seem to read her mind, but I noticed how she stops from talking and seems like thinking of something or some words to tell me? But instead, she just shakes her head tried to end it with a bitter smile.

" Just buy me anything with that money. "

I paused, " Be honest, you just wanted to receive a gift from me too, right? "

She bit her lower lip and I saw how she's trying not to flash a smile.

" And If I say yes? "

" Okay. What do you want then? "

" Like what I said, anything. As long as it came from you. " She smiled.

" Whatever. "

And we hop on the motorbike again.

We only left in a few minutes yet the atmosphere filled with so much decorations for Minji's birthday party.

I scanned my surroundings as my eyes twinkles of my view. There are five rabbits life sized standy in front of the entrance door.

And a few tables with white clothing and then there's Minji face on the cupcakes, and the cake. It has five slices too and it covered with silver sprinkles and it looks so simple and neat. It has a rabbit toppings too.

Minji's 21

My eyes shifted to Ms. Kim direction, talking to some people who's assisting this whole birthday party.

She stops and her eyes suddenly met mine.

She taps the person's shoulder and made her way to my direction. I saw how her eyes teased me when she sees me with Haerin.

I still remember the deal a year ago and it all suddenly came back to my face again when she gives me that look.

" Where's Minji? I thought you were with her? " She asked, I swallowed really hard.

" She's asleep, Ms. Kim. "

" Where did you two go? "

" Oh, I..I bought an ice creams for Minji, it's my gift, Ms. Kim. " I couldn't breath normally when her eyes shifted to irritation.

" Leave it to our freezer, it will melt. " She answered coldly, was she mad?

" Yes, Ms. Kim. " I was about to walk away.

" And Hanni, wait. "

I shut my eyes and turned to face her.

" Yes, Ms. Kim? Do you need anything? "

She walked towards me.

" Tell me the truth, are you finally making it with Haerin? " She lowered her voice down.

I was speechless.

" N-no.. haha, not yet, Ms. Kim. " I lied, because how could I fucking do that in this state and we were being a good friends lately.

Her smile faded away and I just know I'm dead.

" You should convince her sooner, you would do everything for me, right? "

I gets shivers down to my spine.

" Y-yes, Ms. Kim. "

" Do not disappoint me, Hanni Pham. " And then she left me on my spot.

Fuck.

How would I do this? Somebody please help me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.7K 51
When two people found something they weren't looking for-in each other. An AU in which Hanni and Minji meet at work. (They are all adults in this f...
21.8K 1.4K 29
As a foreign university student in Korea, somehow Haerin met her idol - Danielle Marsh. Thought it would be the last time, but something was so stran...
5.3K 407 14
Angst After Hanni and Minji spend a night together, Hanni is left to deal with the fall out, and a life-altering event, all alone as Minji changes he...
46.8K 2K 28
She stalks her and is inlove with her in the most infuriating way. "The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence. Hanni Pham is mi...