Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising...

By SheijiHiei

『I'm terribly sorry...』 A god was suddenly prostrating in front of Kayano Takumi. He was apparently killed by... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 31

88 3 0
By SheijiHiei

Paper Goods

"N? This is... an art gallery?"

""So many pictures!""

As we continued to wander around, peeking into stores, we found a store with many paintings on the walls.

"Welcome."

As we were looking at the paintings, an elderly man approached us.

"Hello. Excuse me, is this a store that sells paintings?"

"We are a writing tools shop. We deal in paper, pens, ink, and so on. Those paintings are, more or less, also for sale."

"Writing tools? Erm, what do you mean by more or less?"

"These paintings were drawn by my grandchild. He's an unsuccessful painter so these rarely sell."

"Is that so? I thought they were pretty good~"

Some of them were landscapes, and some had depictions of animals, plants, or monsters. Well, the landscapes were all very similar, and the monsters were all low-ranked ones, though. It's possible that the painter only draw things they have seen before.

But the overall style was gentle and light-toned, and I like it a lot.

"People are not going to buy paintings unless they can afford it."

"... Ahh, I see."

In this world, it is the wealthy, mainly the nobles, who display paintings, but most of the paintings displayed in noble residences are canvases made of cloth stretched over solid wooden frames.

The pictures displayed here were all painted on A4 size paper, so they were easily available, but I guess they don't sell well because the common people rarely buy paintings.

"Does your grandchild not paint on bigger canvases?"

"Maybe it's because he has been used to paper since he was little, but he can't seem to paint as well as he'd like on canvas."

... I guess it's a consequence of his family selling writing tools.

"Would you like one? I was thinking of disposing of them soon, so I'll give you a discount."

"You are disposing of them? Isn't that a waste?"

"Yes, it is. However, my grandchild needs to see reality soon or he's the one who will be troubled in the future."

"That's harsh."

I felt like I really wanted to support them, but he seemed to be trying to be tough for the sake of his grandchild.

"Well, we will buy a few.——Allen, Elena, I'm going to buy some picture to decorate our house with, so choose the ones you like."

""The forest house~?""

"Yeah, that's right. You can choose as many as you like, and we can change them according to your mood."

""Got it~""

When I asked the children to look at the pictures and choose their favorites, they began to examine each picture with great enthusiasm.

""That's cute!""

"N, lemme see? Oh, Pastel Rabbits? That certainly is cute."

""Hey, hey, that for a congratulatory gift~?""

"Congratulatory gift? Oh, that might be a good idea."

The kids found a picture of five Pastel Rabbits in a huddled together and suggested it as a congratulatory gift. That's a good idea. Rabbits are supposed to bring good luck, you know. It's for prosperity and happiness. However, the size is indeed too small.

"Come to think of it, do you have any large papers?"

"Uhm?"

I didn't consider because I hadn't had a chance to use paper over here before, but wouldn't it be a good solution if there was a bigger paper?

"Do you have paper four times the size of this paper? There won't be a problem if its even bigger than that, though."

"W, well, I do have some pre-cut sheets in the workshop... and they are exactly four times the size of these."

"Ohh, really? Then, if I ask your grandchild to draw a picture of Pastel Rabbits on that large piece of paper, can they do it?"

"Eh? Ehh?"

Perhaps because of my abruptness, the old gentleman was very confused.

"You said you were going to make them give up on painting, so do they not take personal request anymore?"

"N, no... that's not it..."

"Then, I'd like to place an order, what do you think? I can order here and pay in advance, but maybe you should introduce us to your grandchild so we can talk with him directly?"

"E, ermm... I, I will call my grandchild over."

The old gentleman hurriedly ran to the back of the store.

""He gone?""

"He's going to call the person who drew these over."

Soon, the old gentleman returned with a young man in tow.

"I, is it true that you want to order a painting from me!?"

"Yes, I'd like to request a painting of Pastel Rabbits from you. However, I'd like it on a large piece of paper, is that fine?"

"Y, yes! I, I will do my best!——Grandpa, I will go get the paper from the workshop!"

The grandson seemed to accept the request, but he ran out of the store before we could discuss the details.

"I apologize for my restless grandson."

"It's all right. It's just that we haven't set a price or a deadline yet."

"I'm sorry again. However, the items that are displayed and sold in the store are sold for a single silver coin. Also, from the way my grandson is acting, I think he will be done in two or three days."

"N~ we will come back to check in three days then. As for the fee..."

I offered him a gold coin as an advance payment and asked him to order a frame for the painting as well. I didn't know the exact size of the paper. He told me that it would take a long time to order a picture frame with complicated engraving, so I wanted something less complicated, but not so cheap-looking, and that I would pay extra for express completion.

"I will pay based on the quality of the painting then? Oh, do you need more money in advance?"

"No, it's plenty enough."

We finished the order without any problems, and then we selected the Pastel Rabbits painting from the store, along with some landscapes, for our own use.

"Ah, would it be possible to turn this painting into puzzle?"

As we were picking up the pictures, I thought of another use for them.

If I make the picture a little thicker, coat the surface, and cut it, I can make it into a puzzle. Oh, but I don't think it's possible to cut it into the pieces I imagine, so I'll have to cut it into suitable shapes.

"But wouldn't it be rude to cut the paintings?"

"You're free to tear up the pieces you've purchased or burn them to ashes."

"Nono, I won't tear or burn them to ashes, okay!?"

I got a little flustered when the old gentleman overheard my muttering and gave me a bold reply.

However, the old gentleman's comment made me less resistant to the process, so I bought another painting with the idea of making it into a puzzle.

"Then we show up again in three days, but we will wait if necessary, so tell him to calm down and not rush to finish the painting."

"Yes, I'll let him know. Thank you very much for today."

After leaving the writing tools shop, we wandered around the town and bought some more things before returning to the Ruven residence.

Incidentally, I made a puzzle as soon as I got back to my room. I also bought some materials for it, after all.

At first, I was going to make it into random shapes, but that didn't look like a puzzle, so I did my best to cut it into 104 pieces (8 x 13).

When I finished making it, the children immediately tried to play with it, and they were very pleased with it, so I made another 126 pieces and 165 pieces puzzles. I don't know if it was because I got used to it, or if it was because I became more proficient in the "Crafting" skill, but each time I made a puzzle, the process became easier and easier, and I completed several puzzles without much trouble.

However, I needed a small box to separate the puzzle pieces so that they would not get mixed up, and a rack and a frame to play with the puzzle, so I hurriedly went shopping again the next day.

~

Request From Syl

——Beep♪

Hearing the sound I haven't heard for a while in my head, I immediately checked my Infinite Storage and found a letter, or rather a card, from Syl.

"Erm... this is a request."

The content of the card was about the request he had made at the temple when we arrived in Rubia, where I had allowed him to request something to eat once a month or so.

It was written on a card of fine paper quality with a very stylish gold decorative frame on it, so it felt truly wasteful to use on this.

"... Steamed buns, huh."

He seemed to be curious about the six kinds of steamed buns I had made a few days ago, so as usual, he seemed to be watching us frequently. In addition, he even wrote that he wanted me to make custard cream buns and chocolate buns.

"Still, custard cream buns and chocolate buns, huh. I didn't think of these when I was working on the buns~"

I wonder if it's Marianora-sama who knows about things I haven't made yet? Syl said that she knows a lot about Earth's food~ No, was it a kind that came up to mind considering the type of the pastry?

"But it's nice that it came with so much burst powder."

A lot of burst powder had been sent along with the card, which is really nice since I didn't have much on hand.

I still have some meatball-type buns I made, but it's probably not enough to send to Syl. I told him that I might not be able to send it right away after he made a request, but I'm free today, so I'll make it now.

"Allen, Elena, I will be making steamed buns again, will you help me~?"

""Yeah, will help~!""

And so, when I asked the children if they wanted to help me, they were happy to oblige.

"Help me to knead the dough first then."

""Okay~""

We borrowed a corner of the kitchen and started to make the dough. Last time, we used the same dough and changed only the filling, but this time, we'll be creative with the dough itself.

For curry buns, we'll use a yellowish dough with curry powder kneaded into it, and for chocolate buns, we'll use a cocoa dough. It's not for everything, but it will be easier to tell the filling by the buns' appearances.

Once the dough was made, the next step was to make the filling. However, all the ingredients were simple and familiar, so it was a breeze. The only thing is that it was my first time to make chocolate cream instead of chocolate custard, so that took a little longer, I guess?

Once that was done, the kids and I wrapped more and more ingredients into the dough and steamed them in turn.

"Alright, and it's done!"

""We made so many~""

"Indeed."

I will send them to Syl while they are warm. I will send him four of each kind, since he will probably be eating them together with Marianora-sama, Salamanteel-sama, and Nomoodle-sama. Perhaps! Perhaps Windell-sama will be there too, so I prepared five of each, and sent the buns Syl's way after checking there was no one else around.

"Anyhow, would you like to try the custard cream and chocolate buns?"

""Want~""

"Then, half of each."

""Okay."

I left the two kinds of new buns for the twins as snacks, and stored the rest in the Infinite Storage.

""Onii~chan, you eat too~""

"Thank you."

Allen and Elena were thoughtful enough to share a third of the custard cream bun and a third of the chocolate bun with me.

"Yup, they turned out well."

""Yeah, it's yummy!""

"Well then, what do I make next."

""Making more~?""

The children tilted their heads at my words as they munched on the custard cream bun.

"Since we are here, we might as well. Right~ I got my hands on a lot of burst powder, so why don't we make a pound cake?"

""Pound! Love it!""

I've made a pound cake without baking powder as a test before, but it didn't rise very well. So, I'm thinking of challenging it again using burst powder.

"The last time... we made one with nuts and dried fruit, right?"

""Was yummy~!""

"Is that so? I'm glad to hear that. What do we do this time? Do we do the same one?"

The last time I made it, I made a simple plain dough with lots of chopped walnuts and raisins. Since I was going to challenge it again, I thought I should make the same one.

""Will eat the same one~! But you see, you see!""

"Allen thinks Lemone pound would be nice too!"

"Elena you know, Elena thinks Oren would be good!"

Allen and Elena came up with their ideas for pound cakes.

"Oh, that sounds nice. Rather, those are some good ideas~"

I believe that lemon and orange zest is a standard flavor for pound cakes. But that's because I know about it. It's amazing that the kids, who knew nothing about it, could think of this.

""Also, let's make chocolate one!""

"That sounds good too. But, that would be cocoa rather than chocolate, I guess? Als... tea, maro."

"Ishiuri!"

"Sweet potato!"

"Alright, let's make some more!"

""Let's do it~!""

That being the case, we decided to work on making pound cakes next.

Plain, plain with Kotou and Kukuru, plain with Maro, cocoa, plain and cocoa marble, tea leaves, Ishiuri paste with Ishiuri cubes, sweet potato paste with sweet potato cubes.***

All this has obviously taken a lot of flour, butter and sugar to make, so I'll have to buy more next time~ Ah, let's also buy more White Wheat. As for the rest... it should be fine, I think?

I have plenty of meat because of the monsters we hunt, and I have plenty of fish stocked up. I've got vegetables and fruits from Marshelly-san, so I'm good there. Yeah, we'll be fine. Or rather, we are doing too well~

***(Kotou=walnuts / Kukuru=grapes / Maro=Japanese chestnut / Ishiuri=pumpkin)

"It baked well."

""Looks delish.""

"Right. Well, why don't we invite Rebecca-san for a cup of tea."

""Yeah!""

I've heard that it's better to eat pound cake after it's cooled, but they taste great when freshly out of the oven, too!

It was time for tea, so we took pound cakes I had cut into pieces and headed for Rebecca-san's place.

""Obaa~sama!""

"My, oh my, welcome."

Even though it was a sudden visit, Rebecca-san greeted us with a smile.

"Excuse our sudden visit. We made a new tea-cake, would you like to have some with us?"

""Let's have tea?""

"Fufu, I'm happy you invited me. I'm looking forward to tasting your new product, Takumi-san. Why don't we invite Velio-san and Almeria-san too?"

"All right. But, is it fine to invite them all of a sudden like this?"

"It's fine. They will be delighted by the invitation."

Just like Rebecca-san said, Velio-san and Almeria-san accepted our sudden invitation to a tea party.

"Oren is delish!"

"Lemone is delish, too!"

"You have made the one with Kotou and Kukuru before right? It's more delicious than the last time~"

"This dark brown one is faintly bitter, but it goes really well with tea."

"The sweet potato one is very tasty."

They wanted to try all of them, so I cut the pound cakes into bite-sized pieces so they could taste all of the pound cake kinds.

~

Birth

"!"

"Almeria!?"

As we were enjoying our tea time in a relaxed atmosphere, Almeria-san suddenly showed a pained expression while holding her belly.

"My, oh my, are you going into labor?"

""Eh, it's about to be born!?""

Rebecca-san's words overlapped with Velio-san's and my voices of surprise.

"A, Almeria, a, are you alright!?"

"Velio-san, calm down. There's no point panicking. Velio-san, quickly carry Almeria-san into the room we have prepared, and help her lay in a comfortable position. I will go ask for the midwife."

"Y, yes!"

Rebecca-san stood up nonchalantly and gave instructions to the panicked Velio-san.

Then, Velio-san took Almeria-san into his arms and carried her away carefully, yet hurriedly.

"Takumi-san, Allen-chan, Elena-chan, I'm sorry for the sudden confusion."

"Nono, everything's fine."

""Is going to be born~?""

"Yes. Considering the due date, I'm sure today is the day."

Rebecca-san apologized once again for interrupting the tea party and left the room to make arrangements.

"When is it going to be born~?"

"Will it be born now~?"

"N~ it won't be immediately. I heard it takes time for a baby to be born."

""I see~""

Allen and Elena looked excited, but were a little disappointed when they heard that it would take some time.

"I'd like to help, but... we would only get in the way by hanging around, so let's obediently wait in our room."

""... Okay~""

"You don't have to be feeling so down, they will let us know immediately when the child is born. So let's wait and look forward to it."

""Yeah!""

The area around the birth room would be a flurry of activity, so we would indeed be a hindrance by going there. So I decided to take the kids and go back to our room.

"So, what are you doing here!?"

As we were quietly waiting in our room, for some reason! Velio-san came and sat down on the sofa.

"Why are you here?"

"... I was told I was only a hindrance by restlessly wandering around."

"Go to Almeria-san to hold her hand, at least."

"No man is allowed in the delivery room unless necessary."

"Ah, is that so?"

Oh, so the fathers aren't allowed in during childbirth? Or rather, do they mostly avoid it?

"Then, how about doing some work... or something?"

"I couldn't concentrate."

"......"

Well, his child is about to be born, so it's not surprising~

"Allen, Elena, have Velio-san play with you~"

""Okay~""

Playing with the kids will take his mind off things.

""Velio Onii~sama, let's play with puzzle~""

"Puzzle? What is that?"

""It's this!""

Allen and Elena spread the puzzle pieces on the table.

"You do this like that."

"Erm, next this one~"

"... I see."

Velio-san watched intently as the children put the pieces together.

"So you play by creating a picture with these scattered pieces. This is my first time seeing something like this, but it's thought out well~"

""Onii~chan made this, you know~""

"Takumi-kun did?"

"Yes, I bought a lot of paintings for cheap, so I made it from those."

"This is very good."

While he was working with the children on the puzzle, the restless Velio-san regained his composure.

As the day drew to end, we continued spending our time with Velio-san and even ate dinner with him, and spent some more time in the lounge closest to the delivery room.

"I'm sorry for having you accompany me."

"Nono, I also feel concerned."

It would probably take about half a day from the time the contractions started until the birth, so the baby would be most likely born in the middle of the night or early morning. It will still take some time, but there was no way I could sleep peacefully, so Velio-san and I were planning to stay up all night.

As expected, the kids were asleep in the middle of the sofa with their heads in my lap. I tried to put them on the bed in my room, but they protested, so things ended up like this.

"Velio-san, would you like another drink?"

"No, as expected, any more than this would be..."

"I thought so."

Just as we were about to fill up our stomachs with tea and coffee, I heard a flurry of footsteps and a knocking on the door.

"Excuse me! Granvelio-sama, the child has been born."

"Really!"

Velio-san stood up with a happy look on his face.

""Born!""

The sleeping Allen and Elena jumped on their feet. They have woken up very well.

"HUh? Aren't you going, Velio-san?"

"R, right."

Velio-san, who I had expected to go to Almeria-san's place immediately, was standing there dumbfounded. So I tried to call out to him, but he nodded, but for some reason he didn't move.

""Can we see?""

"Erm... Velio-san, can we accompany you?"

"Y, yeah, of course. R, right, let's go together."

"Thank you, Velio-san.——Allen, Elena, both Almeria-san and the baby are surely exhausted, so only a glimpse today. We will immediately return to our room."

""Got it~""

In fact, I think it would be better if we refrained from doing so, but since Velio-san was unsteady, it seemed dangerous to let him go alone, and the children were looking forward to it, so let's take just a glimpse.

"My, oh my, Allen-chan, Elena-chan, you are still awake?"

""Want to see the baby!""

When Allen and Elena guided Velio-san over while holding hands, Rebecca-san welcomed them with a smile.

"Fufu, come inside. Welcome."

When we entered the room, Almeria-sand had the newborn baby right next to her on the bed.

"Dear, it's a boy."

"What a gallant face he has. Almeria, thank you. You have worked hard."

"Takumi-san, Alllen-chan, and Elena-chan came over, too."

"Congratulations."

""Congrats~""

Almeria-san looked towards us, so we first conveyed our words of congratulations.

"Thank you. Come on, have a look at the child's face too."

"Yes, thank you. Well then, excuse us."

Almeria-san gave us her permission, so I picked up Allen and Elena and approached the bed to take a look at the baby.

""Whoa~ so cute~""

""Yeah, he's so cute."

The baby was asleep, so I couldn't see the color of his eyes, but his hair seemed to be the same color as Velio-san's. Well, whether he takes after his father or his mother, he will grow up to be a handsome man.

"Let's take a good care of him, okay?"

""Yeah! Will play lots!""

After a short time of being shown the baby's face, we immediately went back to our room as I had declared beforehand, but... the excited Allen and Elena couldn't quite fall asleep, so it was only when the sky got bright that I was able to sleep.

~

Naming

""Onii~chan, good morning~""

"Good morning."

We woke up a little later than usual.

"Are you okay? Did you get enough sleep?"

""Yeah!""

Despite the irregular sleeping hours, the children seemed to be full of energy.

"How are your stomachs?"

""Hungry~""

"Then, let's get ready and go eat."

""Okay!""

We headed to the dining room not for breakfast but for brunch instead, and despite the odd hour, we were served a normal meal. If it's too difficult, I would just make the food myself, or we would go to some restaurant to eat. The servants of the Ruven mansion are as good as they get.

"Good morning."

""Good morning~""

After we finished eating, Rebecca-san gave me a message that she would like some of our time if we were available, so we went to her immediately.

"Good morning you three. How do you feel?"

"Feel fine!"

"Lively!"

"We took our time resting, so we are good. It must have been hard for you yesterday, Rebecca-san. Are you feeling tired?"

"Fufu, thank you for your concern. I'm fine."

We checked each other's physical condition first, and then Rebecca-san took us to another room.

Apparently, they are going to let us see the newborn baby again.

"Almeria-san, we are entering."

"Yes, go ahead."

"Oh my, Velio-san, you came too."

When we entered the room, Velio-san was also there, pecking the baby on the cheek with what I could only describe as a grin on his face.

"Almeria-san, how do you feel?"

"Thank you, Takumi-san. I'm fine. Come on over, have a look at his face."

As soon as Almeria-san gave her permission, Allen and Elena quickly rushed over and started poking the baby's cheek, just like Velio-san.

""So squishy~""

"Ahhh~ Allen, Elena, don't poke too hard."

""Oka~y.""

I hurriedly warned them as Allen and Elena were poking the baby's cheeks again and again.

""Onii~chan, he's so cute!""

"Indeed, very cute."

I touched the baby too, and found his cheeks to be very soft and squishy as well.

"Velio-san, have you decided on the name?"

"We named him Lucario."

"Lucario-kun, huh. What a good name."

""Luca-chan!""

The baby boy seemed to have been named Lucario-kun.

As soon as they heard his name, Allen and Elena immediately started calling him by a nickname.

""Oh! He opened eyes~""

"Yeah. They are beautiful blue-green eyes."

Lucario-kun's eyes were the color of Velio-san's fresh leaf-colored eyes and Almeria-san's blue eyes combined——Turquoise.

I took out the congratulatory gift that I had prepared from the Infinite Storage.

A stuffed animal we bought in town the other day, an educational toy, and the picture of a rabbit. I also have some monster materials on hand, such as good quality fur, and some herbs that are easy to preserve. In addition, there were the rubies and crystals that were politely refused when I tried gifting after we arrived to Rubia, as well as pearls. Based on the mistake I made last time, this time I packed them in a box so that they would not be obvious at a glance.

"Takumi-kun, there's no need to be this considerate."

"Well, we'd like to celebrate as well, so please accept it."

"Fufu, Velio-san, accept it. We are also celebrating Takumi-san's auspicious occasions, so they are going to feel sad that they can't do the same."

"That is true. Thank you, Takumi-san."

Velio-san was reluctant to accept the gift, but thanks to Rebecca-san's encouragement, he did.

As Rebecca-san said, I would be really sad if they celebrated Allen and Elena's birthday, and we could not do the same.

"But, Takumi-san, what is inside this wooden box?"

I couldn't help but look away from Rebecca-san's sharp gaze.

Did she notice the contents of the box?That's weird~ I thought people wouldn't know what's inside if I used a box...

"Mother, do you mean this box?——Wha!"

Velio-san immediately picked up the box that Rebecca-san had pointed out, opened the lid, and shouted in surprise.

"I knew it. Geez~ Takumi-san, I told you that you cannot give this away."

"I thought it would be acceptable as a gift for a celebration~"

"Yeah. I noticed right away when you spoke about it the last time."

The reason why she noticed was that when it was rejected as a gift, we discussed the next opportunity with Allen and Elena in front of Rebecca-san.

"Takumi-san!"

Velio-san, a little angry, held out the wooden box in his hands.

"No returns!"

"There's no way we can take this!"

"Ehh~ No matter what~?"

"No matter what! Obediently take it back!"

The always mild-mannered Velio-san's eyes turned sharp.

... Should I even collect things like this? I had no choice, so I stored the wooden box in the Infinite Storage.

"... Haah. I thought it would be much better for Rebecca-san or Almeria-san to make a use of it rather than me hoarding it~"

Next opportunity will be Wald-sama's wedding, then?

"Fufu, it's so easy to understand what you are thinking, Takumi-san~"

"Eh?"

"Weren't you thinking just now that you would present it as a gift for Wald-san's wedding?"

"Ehh!?"

Rebecca-san guessed exactly what I thought.

"D, does it appear on my face that much?"

"Fufu, I wonder~"

"......"

Rebecca-san smiled at me and muddled her answer.

For some reason, I get the feeling that I should not go against this person.

"By the way... is this no good as a wedding gift?"

"Well, I guess it would be all right if a little more modest?"

"... Modest?"

How modest is modest, really?

"Rubies and pearls are out of question. I guess about a few crystals would be fine?"

Only crystals~ Rubies aside, there's no opportunity to reduce my stock of pearls at all~

Then, let's get rid of the cryst——

"Takumi-san, I'm talking about two or three at most."

"......"

I tried to reduce my inventory, but as if she had read my thoughts, Rebecca-san stopped my thoughts.

It's really as if Rebecca knows exactly what I'm thinking.

""Onii~chan, what's wrong?""

When feeling dejected, Allen and Elena patted my head.

"... Allen, Elena, they say they won't accept the rubies."

""Rubies?""

"The shiny red stone."

""I see~ Unfortunate.""

Although they let out "Unfortunate" Allen and Elena's expression didn't change much. Well, either way must be good for the kids.

""Luka-cha~n.""

The one who Allen and Elena were most interested in right now was Lucario-kun, after all.

~

Port

Whenever they had time, Allen and Elena would visit Lucario-kun and watch over him, but three days was the limit for the two of them, who were not shut-ins by nature.

"Let's!"

"Go out!"

""Today!!"

"O, okay."

As soon as they woke up, Allen and Elena crawled over the bed and demanded... or rather, they declared.

So we decided to go out to the morning market at the port, since it was early in the morning.

""Fish~""

"There's so much fresh stuff here."

It was a port, so my purpose was seafood. And since I have the opportunity, I'm going to look for seafood I've never seen before or don't have on me.

"Scallops, check~"

"Velvet Shrimp, check~"

"Oh, there are Red Perches, too~"

"And Black Perches as well~"

Allen and Elena looked at the items in the storefront and named the seafood they knew.

"Oh, both laddie and lassie are very knowledgeable."

The shopkeeper, who was selling the fish and shellfish, was impressed by the children's knowledge.

""Because we ate them beforemon!""

"No, no, even if they have eaten it before, kids your age don't know what fish is what."

""Really?""

"Yeah! All right, smart kids like you deserve a discount!"

"Yay! Onii~chan, he said he will give a discount!""

"Haha, isn't that great~"

""Yea!""

Thanks to Allen and Elena's knowledge, the shopkeeper offered us a discount.

"Well, since that is the case, why don't we buy something? What would you like?"

""N, you see~... everything!""

""N?""

The children's words were followed by the shopkeeper's and my questioning voices.

Erm... I didn't mishear them, right?

"Allen, Elena, did you say everything?"

""Yeah, let's buy everything!""

I didn't mishear them.

Umm... In addition to scallops, there were Manila clams, Orient clams and other shellfish, red, white and other shrimps,, and a variety of fish. And all of them?

""Can't~?""

"So many~"

"We haven't eaten~"

"That certainly is true, but you see~ Wouldn't just those you haven't eaten be alright?"

""Wanna everything!""

"Ehh~"

Many of the fish I bought in Bailey were brightly colored, poisonous, or... just strange. Of course, I also bought some familiar fish like salmon and tuna! And just recently, when we fished in the sea near Rubia, we found, most importantly, octopus, and also seaweed, and blue fish like mackerel, saury and blueback.

On the other hand, the fish sold at this store were mostly white fish such as tai, flounder, cod, and even amberjack the size of the twins.

"Laddie, lassie, I'm happy to sell them, but fish go bad fast. So I can't recommend buying fish that you won't eat right away."

""Is fine!""

"What now? You are quite confident. Are you going to have a dinner party with a lot of people or something?"

""That's not it~ But, is fine!""

"... O, ou?"

The shopkeeper kindly tried to stop the children, but when Allen and Elena puffed up their chests confidently, the shopkeeper looked at me with confusion.

"I don't know what this is about, but what are you going to do about it, lad?"

"N~ let's see. I can buy it all if it doesn't interfere with the store's policies. I have a way for mass consumption and storage."

I tried to stop the kids at first, but to be honest, I have no problem buying everything. I can afford it, and I also have the Infinite Storage.

"Oh, that would be great for us. Of course, I'll give you a discount, so please buy them! We've had an overabundance of fish for the past few days, so much so that some days we have many unsold left!"

The shopkeeper was overjoyed at my words.

He said the store would not be troubled, so I decided to buy all the fish and shellfish in the store and put them in my "Infinite Storage" while pretending to put them in the magic bag one after another.

""Bought so many~"

"Truly. I didn't have in plan to buy this much, but I lost to the flow~"

I don't have to worry about the fish going bad, but I feel like I bought too much.

"Allen loves fish as well~"

"Elena will eat lots of fish, too~"

"I will cook a lot if you help me with it."

""Yea, will help!""

Having said that, I don't have much of fish dishes in repertoire~

First of all, let's start with grilled fish, since they're all fresh.

"We also should share with the Ruven family."

""Yeah! Will feed Luca-chan!""

"Nonono, Lucario-kun can't eat fish yet, okay!"

""Ehh~ even though it's delish~?"

"Even if you make dejected faces like these, this is something I cannot allow you to do. Lucario-kun's meals will only consist of milk for a while."

""...... Muu.""

I cautioned them, but Allen and Elena looked unconvinced.

"Babies don't have teeth, so they can't eat the same food as you guys. Don't give him anything to eat, because he could choke or get sick and that would be a serious problem!"

I warned them strongly, this time, not to give him any snacks without permission.

"It's for Lucario-kun's sake, so you must promise me. Understood?"

""Understood!""

They replied properly after hearing that it was for Lucario-kun's sake, so I'm sure it will be all right.

~

Calmness

"Au, au~"

""What a good child~""

Today, Allen and Elena have been devoting themselves to Lucario-kun since morning.

"Almeria-san, I'm sorry it's like this every single day."

"Fufu, it's alright. It really helps that they are here to humor him. Besides, Lucario also likes to play with his older siblings."

"... That is good, then."

They are sticking to Lucario-kun too much, so I felt bad to the mother, Almeria-san, but she didn't seem to mind. Well, I cannot tell whether these were her true feelings or just a flattery, though.

"But, please don't hesitate to scold them if they misbehave."

"Oh my, there's no need to worry that much about these children, no?"

"This will sound like something a doting elder brother would say, but... they are certainly clever. However, I have a feeling that they might do something wrong out of good intentions."

"Oh my, so you mean it like that. I understand then. I also have to be careful anyway, so I will pay attention to it."

I will try to handle it, but I'd like the adults around Lucario-kun to be aware of it as well, so I had to tell them while feeling apologetic. Almeria-san nodded in understanding.

"Wah~"

""Luca-chan, what is it~?""

"Wah, wahh."

""Luca-chan is crying~""

"Oh my? I see, I wonder if it's time for his milk?"

""Milk? Do you want to eat?""

When Lucario-kun started crying because he was hungry, I decided to take Allen and Elena away from him.

"See, it's lunchtime. Let's go have lunch too, Allen, Elena."

""... Okay~""

We also left Lucario-kun's room for lunch, but when we finished eating, Allen and Elena immediately wanted to go return to Lucario-kun's room.

"My, oh my, Allen-chan and Elena-chan really seem to love Lucario-chan a lot."

""Yea! We love Luca-chan!""

When we came to Lucario-kun's room again, I found that Almeria-san was not there, but Rebecca-san was.

"Wah~"

"Luca-chan, don't cry~"

"Luca-chan, there, there~"

"Wah, wahhh..."

""Luca-chan, bed-time?""

Allen and Elena were doing their best to quiet down Lucario-kun, who had drunk his fill of milk and was dozing off.

"Allen-chan and Elena-chan are really attached to Lucario-chan, aren't they~"

"Indeed. I can't forcibly take them away... I wonder what to do about this?"

While the kids were taking care of Lucario-kun, I was making small talk with Rebecca-san.

"Oh my, do you have to separate them? There's really no need for that, is there?"

"Well~ you see... it must be bothersome to have them at Lucario-kun's side all the time, right?"

"Lucario-chan doesn't have a wet nurse yet, so he doesn't have any baby siblings either, you see? That's why I'm thankful that they are at his side."

Huh? I think I heard them talking about goat's milk before, but... I see, when noble ladies give birth, it's normal for a wet nurse to take care of the child, huh.

"Since there's no wet nurse, does it mean you had no intentions of finding one?"

"We had a candidate, but her birth was delayed. We are looking for another one, but we can't find anyone good~"

"I see."

Well, we are talking about a child that will be the heir, so the family must have strict requirements for the wet nurse.

"Did Velio-san or Wald-sama have a wet nurse?"

"Fufu, Lizzy was their wet nurse."

"Is that so!"

Lizzy-san is Rebecca-san's personal maid, she's a gentle and diligent person. I have been helped by her many times, and she also takes care of the twins.

So she was their wet nurse!

"Eh, then, the foster siblings... did I meet Lizzy-san's children already?"

"You did."

"Eh, really?"

"Yeah, you've met Daniel."

"Daniel-san!?"

Daniel-san is Velio-san's secretary, and I had met him many times since I arrived in Rubia.

I've heard that Cyrus-san is also helping Velio-san with his work and is Daniel-san's younger brother.

"That's right. Lizzy gave birth to Cyrus right around Wald-san's birth. That's why Lizzy is the wet nurse of both of our children."

"Is that so~"

I was surprised to hear about Ruven family's state of affairs.

"Huh, the children got quiet."

"Really. My oh my, my, my!"

"Rebecca-san, is something the——ah~ the two fell asleep too, huh~"

While I was talking with Rebecca-san, the children were quiet, so we checked on them. Allen and Elena, who surrounded the sleeping Lucario-kun on both sides, also fell asleep before I noticed.

"Fufu, how cute~"

"Truly. Ah, right!"

I took out my magic tool camera and snapped a picture. I took a picture of the three sleeping faces.

"Oh, it came out well~"

"Oh my!"

When I looked at the picture on the screen, it was one of the best shots I've ever seen!

"Takumi-san, I know that magical power paper is a precious item, but..."

"Ah, would you like a picture too?"

"If I could ask you for one."

Rebecca-san looked envious, so I quickly took another picture and handed it to her.

"Fufu, thank you. Oh, I will have someone send you the fee for the magical power paper later."

"Nono, I was luckily able to obtain a lot of magical power paper, so there's no need for money."

"Oh my, it doesn't change the fact that magical power paper is a valuable item. You cannot refuse."

"Eh, but..."

"You can't. Take it."

I got a lot of magical power paper from Syl, so I can take as many pictures as I want now. So it's not going to hurt me to give a few away, but Rebecca-san won't understand that. Even if I had a lot of them, she wouldn't let me give them away, saying that they are valuable.

~

Alone

"By the way, Rebecca-san."

"What is it?"

"Can I leave Allen and Elena in your care?"

"Oh my, Takumi-san, are you going out by yourself?"

"Yes, I think I will."

The kids and I are together almost all the time, so I'll take this opportunity to get away from them for a bit.

"I will return at night before the kids go to sleep, so I'd appreciate it if you could take care of them until then."

"Then, you will be dining by yourself, too?"

"Yes, if you agree to my request... that is."

For starters, I think I'll go out while the kids are asleep.

"I will feel sorry for them if you leave while they are asleep..."

"Will they cry, or will they sulk... I don't know what kind of reaction they will show, so I'm going to have trouble you, Rebecca-san."

"That's fine with me, but..."

Rebecca-san wanted to say something, but she did not refuse, so I decided to leave the children with her and go out.

◇ ◇ ◇

"Now then, what should I do~"

After I left the Ruven residence, I wandered around the city.

"Oh, isn't that Takumi!"

"Ah, Evan-san."

I found myself near the Adventurer's Guild, where I met Evan-san, an adventurer who had become a good friend of mine.

"You are alone? Where are the kids?"

Finding it was strange that I was alone, Evan-san was looking around for the children

"I left them in someone else's care."

"Left them? Ahh, at the Count's?"

"Yes, that's right."

Evan-san knows that we are being taken care of by the Ruven family, and not staying at the inn, so he seemed to have thought of it right away.

"I don't know how the two who are so close to you could agree to stay at home."

"... I left while they were napping."

"Is it... going to be okay?"

"Sure... I think."

Evan-san gave me a subtle look when I told him that I had left them there without telling them first. Does he think that if I leave the kids here, they'll go ballistic? They may cry and sulk, but they won't go... wild.... They are not going to do that, right?

"And so, what are you doing alone? You didn't come to accept a request, did you?"

"I was just wandering around."

"Oh, let's go drinking then!"

When I told Evan-san that I had nothing in particular to do, his eyes lit up.

"I want to eat your cooking!"

"Nonono! If we are to drink, then let's order food from the place we drink at! It's not my place to cook!"

"It's fine! The inn I'm staying at will lend you the kitchen! Alright, let's go!"

"... Ehh~"

Evan-san grabbed my arm tightly and started walking towards the inn.

"Evan-san, you are so pushy~"

"Your food is delicious. I'll pay for the ingredients and also the labor, please. Okay?"

Evan-san said to me pleadingly. I'm going to feel bad if you say it like that.

"Geez~ Can't be helped~ And so, what do you want to eat?"

"Anything!"

"... Anything, you say."

Anything is the most annoying answer.

"So, you are fine with whatever I feel like eating."

"Ou, that's fine with me. Then, do you need to go shopping before going to the inn?"

"I've got all the ingredients on me."

Since I had plenty of ingredients on hand, I declined the offer, and we moved on to the inn.

"Takumi, they said you can use it."

"Alright."

Evan-san had negotiated about the inn's kitchen, and it seemed to have been approved.

I've been to this diner once before for a launch after a joint request with Evan-san and Scott-san's Steel Hawks party, but this was my first time meeting the kitchen staff.

"Excuse me. Sorry to bother you."

"It's still early enough before the guests come, so it's no problem. Besides, I'm interested in your cooking."

"Eh? Erm... what do you mean by that?"

"I heard you were the one who came up with the sauce for the salad."

Salad sauce... he means the dressing, right?

"You taught Scott how to make the sauce, right? We can't cook, so we had the old man here make it for us."

"Oh yeah, I did."

I guess because I was tilting my head, Evan-san told me what this was about.

I completely forgot that I gave Scott the recipe for the dressing.

"Those fellows who only ate meat all the time and wouldn't eat any vegetables no matter how many times I told them, started ordering salads."

"Those fellows?"

"The adventurers who use this inn and dining hall. It's delicious. It's not just me and Scott, the other guys love it too, it's a popular menu item here."

"Heeh~ That's good, isn't it?"

I don't know how many adventurers didn't eat vegetables, but it's good that they started to eat them, right?

"That's why the old man must be interested in what you are going to make. And so, what have you decided to make today?"

"I will be troubled if you have so many expectations... let's see~"

I bought a lot of seafood the other day, so I think I'll use that.

"Ah, I guess I will do Fry?"

"Fry?"

"Right. Yes, they are dishes made by coating ingredients with breadcrumbs and frying them."

Shrimp and fish... horse mackerel! Scallops and squid would be good too!

"Evan, if you're free, I could use your help."

"I don't know how to cook."

"Even my kids can help, can't you?"

"Hey, Takumi! If the kids can do it, I can do it too!"

"I will have you help then."

The bread crumbing process is easier when there are more people around, so I got Evan-san involved, and the old man, Milton-san, offered to help as well. He seemed to be really interested in what I was doing.

"Takumi, if you let the old man help you, he's going to steal your recipe~"

"I don't really mind..."

But I think it's bad for the person who bought the recipe.

I'd be happy to give it away, but... they wouldn't take it for free~ right~ Why don't I send them another letter with a recipe for a different dish?

"Then, would you be willing to help me make a large batch for my personal use next time?"

I asked him to help me cook food for my Infinite Storage the next time. After all, frying is a pain in the ass!

In addition to the ones I'm planning to make today, pork cutlets, ground meat, fried white, croquettes, fried white fish and salmon are also good. And then there are things I want to eat or make, like asparagus wrapped in meat or cheese sticks...

"Ou! Leave it to me!"

Milton-san agreed, so we negotiated, and I lightly explained the process of cooking.

"That's a lot of work."

"Well, it's not a qucik dish."

When the breadcrumbs were done and the fish was frying in oil, Milton-san muttered to himself.

"Takumi, is it done?"

"It's still cooking, can't you see?"

"But it smells so good!"

"You are not a child, so go out and wait obediently!"

Evan-san, who had played an active role in bread crumbing, began to wander around behind me when he was finished. When I told him to go to the dining room and sit down, he was a little disappointed and left the kitchen

"Alright, this should be good."

When the color looked good, I removed it from oil.

"What do you think? It takes a little work, but it's not that difficult, is it?"

"Yeah. Looks like everything will be all right as long as you pay attention to the heat."

"Here, this is for you, Milton-san."

"Is this alright?"

"It's fine. You have to try what you helped make."

I also gave Milton-san a portion of the fried dishes and tartar sauce. I would have liked some Worcestershire sauce, but I could only make a mediocre one, so I refrained from serving it.

~

Intrusion

"Evan-san, I have kept you waiting~"

"Finally! I've been waiting for this!"

When I went to the cafeteria with the variety of fried food, Evan-san was sitting there restlessly. I don't mean to be rude, but he looked like a dog waiting to be fed.

"Yes, yes, here you go."

"Alriiight!——Delish!"

I put the plate in front of Evan-san and gave him permission to eat, and he immediately took a bite of the fried food.

"Is it to your liking?"

"Ou! It's super tasty! The crunchy texture is good, and the sauce is delicious, too! As I thought, you are incredible, Takumi!"

"Thank you very much."

I tried it myself, and it was good. Fried food is so good~

"Evan-san, make sure you eat the cabbage as well, not just the fried food."

"But, Takumi, there's no sauce on this. There's no dressing~"

"Try eating it together with the fried food and tartar."

When I warned him that he was only eating the fried food and not the shredded cabbage, Evan-san reluctantly took a bite of the cabbage as well.

"... Oh? It's good? I can eat this too."

"Right? This combination is also good between slices of bread~"

"Oh, I bet it is!——Old man! Gimme bread!"

When I told Evan that the fried food was delicious as a sandwich, he immediately asked Milton-san for some bread to try.

"Oh my, Takumi-san?"

"Ah, Scott-san, welcome back."

While we were having an early dinner, Scott-san returned.

"I have returned. Takumi-san, what are you doing he... there's no need to ask. Did Evan ask you to cook for him?"

"You understood it well. Would you like too, Scott-san?"

"Is there a portion for me as well? Of course, I would like to."

Since I had already prepared Scott-san's portion, I offered him a plate of fried food from the Infinite Storage. Scott-san took a seat with a happy look on his face.

"This is delicious. The fish and shellfish are naturally tasty, but this white sauce is something else~ What are these dishes called?"

"They are deep-fried dishes. Shrimp fry, mackerel fry, scallop fry, squid fry... and the list goes on like this. The sauce is called tartar sauce. I have taught Milton-san the way to make it, so you can ask Milton-san when you feel like eating it again."

"I'm happy to hear that~"

Scott-san smiled, looking really happy.

Well, even if it wasn't offered as a menu item in the dining hall due to the time and effort involved, he would probably make it for them if they ordered it individually.

""There!""

"Oh my, he really is here~"

"Eh? Ehh!?"

While I was having an after-dinner chat with Evan-san and Scott-san, Allen and Elena, holding hands with Rebecca-san, came running into the store.

""Left us behind!""

"I'm sorry, Takumi-san. As soon as the kids woke up and realized you weren't there, they said they were going to go find you~"

Allen and Elena, who I left at the Ruven mansion, did not cry or sulk, but seemed... angry and came looking for me. They puffed out their cheeks and put their hands on his hips... and I felt like I could hear them puffing.

""Left us behind!""

Allen and Elena emphasized one more time.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me?"

""Muu~""

"... Will forgive."

"... For delish meal."

... it seems they will forgive me for a delicious meal. I thought they would complain a bit more, though~

"Sit down, then."

""Ohh~ looks delish!""

"Can you forgive me for this?"

""Forgiven!""

I put out the fried food platter in front of Allen and Elena, and they easily forgave me.

I offered Rebecca-san a seat and asked her if she wanted to eat with the kids, but she refused, so I prepared tea.

""It's shrimp fry!""

"That's right. Well then, can you guess the others?"

""Will try eating!""

As the children began to eat, I apologized again to Rebecca-san.

"Rebecca-san, I'm sorry for making you accompany them."

"Since you entrusted them in my care, I won't just let them be."

"But well~ I didn't imagine they would chase after me."

"I didn't think that, either."

Both Rebecca-san and I smiled wryly.

"The kids ran out of the mansion and almost jumped over the wall."

"Eh? T, that's... I'm sorry for all the trouble we have caused you."

"Fufu, it's fine. They stopped when I told them we should look for you together."

I'm so glad they didn't end up jumping over the wall~

"Still, how did you find this place? Were you searching for me?"

"You see, the kids seemed to know you were here, so we came straight over here."

"... Eh?"

They came straight over here? Straight, without stopping anywhere?"

"Allen, Elena, why did you think I would be here?"

""Somehow~?""

"......"

I asked the squirming kids how they knew I was here, and they didn't seem to have a reason. So I guess it's just a hunch. I think it's more than a hunch, though... Oh well.

"How is it?"

""Delish!""

Allen and Elena had big smiles on their faces. It looks like they like it.

"So, have you recognized anything else beside the shrimp fry?"

"Scallop!"

"Squid!"

"Correct! What's the last one?"

""Fish!""

"Ah, yes, that's correct, but... it's mackerel, mackerel fry. Remember it."

""Mackerel fry! Remembered!""

Rebecca-san looked envious when she saw Allen and Elena eating.

"I will make it at the Ruven house next time."

"Fufu, I'm happy to hear that. Thank you."

I can't make it today, but I'll make it for Rebecca-san and Velio-san too.

~

Invitation

"Takumi, it looks like leaving them behind wasn't a good idea."

"Indeed. I will stop going out without telling them first."

"Not telling them, huh. Without telling them, you say... so if you did, it would be alright?"

"I think it would be fine if I managed to persuade them."

"... Is that so?"

Evan-san, who had initially spoken to me in a teasing manner, began to think about something as he spoke.

"Hey, Scott. Wouldn't it be better if Takumi was there for tomorrow's request?"

"That's... true."

"What about tomorrow's request?"

"Eh, you see..."

I asked about the request, and Evan-san looked around. I don't know if we can talk in a place where there are other customers, even if it's still sparse.

So we decided to move to the Ruven residence. Originally, we should have just moved to the room that Evan-san and Scott-san were renting, but Rebecca-san stopped us. Apparently, Rebecca-san also wanted to talk to us.

"So, what about the request?"

"An Orc nest was discovered a little further from the town."

"... An Orc nest, huh."

In the guest room of Ruven mansion, Velio-san and I heard the details again. This is certainly not something you can easily talk about in a place where people come and go.

"So, we're planning to head out tomorrow with a party of adventurers to clean up the area."

I guess Evan-san and Scott-san will also be going to clean up the orcs.

"Did you get an idea of the scale?"

Velio-san asked with a serious face, apparently having received a report of the Orc nest, too.

Evan-san said that it was a bit far from the city, but it must be a threat. It's even more so when it's in the territory that you govern.

"Scott, what did the scouts say about their reconnaissance?"

Scott came back to the inn late because he was hearing the report of the scouts at the Adventurer's Guild.

"About two hundred of them. They say there will definitely be higher-ranking species."

"... My goodness!"

Rebecca-san's eyes widened, and she let out a sorrowful voice as she heard the report.

The scale seems to be quite large. I've encountered Orcs in the Gaya Forest and in the town of Alveil, but the units are different~

"It might be better to send out the territorial troops as well."

"So you wanted me to come too because of their numbers, Evan-san."

The reason why Evan-san invited me to the request is to secure manpower?

"Ah, yeah~ I didn't know the exact numbers myself, but I knew it was quite a lot.——Allen, Elena, can you lend us your brother to us tomorrow? We want him to go on an request with us."

"What about Allen~?"

"And Elena~?"

"N~ you guys are a bit unsuitable."

""Ehh~ wanna go too~""

Going to the Orc's nest is not the same as defeating Orcs that attack you out in the open. There is a high possibility that there are people held captive in the Orc's nest, too. That is way too tragic to see for the little ones.

"Allen, Elena, could you please stay here?"

""Can defeat pigs~""

So I asked the kids to stay at home, but they insisted on going with me. Well, this was the expected reaction, so how do I persuade them from here.

"Allen-chan, Elena-chan. I'm not feeling well. So I was wondering if you could stay with me?"

""With Obaa~sama?""

"Please?"

""Uu~... Okay.""

Then Rebecca-san helped me out. When she asked, Allen and Elena couldn't say no, and they nodded.

"Takumi, you will participate then?"

"Yes, that's fine with me."

"There are no A-ranked adventurers this time, after all. Having you will be very reassuring."

"Is that so? What is the strength of the team that will go to defeat them tomorrow?"

"Including us, there are seven B-rank adventurers and twelve C-rank adventurers."

So there are twenty of us, including me. That means, by simple calculation, there are ten of them per person~ Isn't this a bit under powered on our part?

"... I will have no problems, but isn't it too difficult for the C ranks?"

"To be honest, it will be pretty hard. We might be in danger too, depending on the situation."

"The number of Orcs is higher than expected. The Guild Master said that he would re-organize the members to defeat them by tomorrow, so I think we'll have a few more members."

The Orcs are C-ranked, so even C-ranked adventurers should be able to defeat them. If it's one on one.

But the opponents are in a large group. It won't be easy to get into a one-on-one situation.

"But you suggested sending out your troops as well, right Velio-san?"

"Yes. But we have to consult with the Adventurer's Guild first, though."

"I thought so."

If Velio-san is willing to send out troops, the number disadvantage would be taken care of.

Or maybe I could do my best to gain some experience. I'm sure I will be able to reduce their numbers if I hit them with one of my spells before the battle breaks out!

"It's my job to get them to accept the support of the troops, so please go to bed early and make sure you're in good shape, Takumi-san."

"I see. Well, I will do that."

We decided to rest for tomorrow, since Velio-san had agreed to meet directly with the Adventurer's Guild to organize the members who would be going out to defeat the enemy and to prepare the necessary supplies.

Evan-san and Scott-san turned down Velio-san's offer to lend them rooms, and they went back to the inn, so we decided to meet at the Adventurer's Guild tomorrow at six in the morning, at the first bell.

""Onii~chan.""

I went back to my room, got ready for sleep, and climbed into bed early.

Then Allen and Elena called out to me in small voices.

"Hmm? What's up?"

"Allen and..."

"Elena."

""Can't we go too?""

... They hadn't completely given up on the idea of coming with, it seems.

"You guys said that you will stay at home, didn't you?"

""Umiyu~""

Allen and Elena, lying on either side of me, clung to me and rubbed up against me.

I know it in my head, but does it mean they will feel lonely?

"When I get back from my assignment, the three of us will go out together."

""Definitely?""

"Yeah, definitely. Let's make a promise, then?"

""A promise!""

When I switched their thoughts from the idea of being left behind tomorrow to the next outing, their expressions changed from sad to happy. Will it be okay like this?

"Well, can you think of a place you'd like to go?"

""Anywhere we want~?""

"Yes, anywhere is fine. It can be a request, or just to hang out. Just discuss it between the two of you and let me know later."

""Okay~""

I patted them both on the head and hugged them tightly.

"I'm so glad you two are such good kids!"

""Ehehe~""

Allen and Elena rubbed against me even more happily.

"Then I'd better get on with finishing tomorrow's order!"

""Come back as soon as you can, okay"

"Roger that! Then let's go to sleep, so we get done with it."

""Yeah, good night~""

~

Clean-up Operation

"Takumi-san, be careful."

""Onii~chan, be careful."

The next morning, the children, Rebecca-san and Velio-san saw me off.

"I'm the Captain of the accompanying troops, Orlando."

"I'm looking forward to working with you."

"I've told Orlando to follow your instructions, Takumi-san, so if you need anything done, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Ehh!?"

It seems that the adventurers will basically be in charge of the battle, and the soldiers will only participate in the battle if the adventurers are in danger, and the rest of the time they will provide logistical support.

I was introduced to the captain who would be in charge of the soldiers, but for some reason I seemed to have some sort of command authority as well.

"Takumi-san, it's if something happened... so you don't have to think about it too much."

"... Understood."

Reading my hesitation, Velio-san took the initiative to explain. I can't refuse it if I'm told like this.

"Allen, Elena, should I leave Joule and others with you?"

""Nope.""

"Take them with."

"You, Onii~chan."

Before we left, I talked to the children again and suggested leaving Joule and the others behind so that they wouldn't be lonely, but they refused.

"Huh, is that fine with you?"

""Yeah.""

"If in trouble."

"Call everyone, okay?"

It made me happy to hear why they refused.

I guess they were worried about me because we had a lot of enemies this time, so they wanted me to take Joule and the others with me.

"Thank you. I will properly call for everyone's help if the situation gets out of control."

""Yeah, don't get injured.""

"Got it. Then, I will see you later."

""Have a safe trip~""

When I went to the Adventurer's Guild, many adventurers had already gathered there.

"Takumi, over here."

Evan-san, who noticed my arrival, beckoned me over, calling out loudly.

"Good morning."

"Morning. Everyone is already here."

"Huh? Am I late?"

"No, we are just about to begin. Look, here he is."

Noah-san, the Guild Master of the Adventurer's Guild, instructed the adventurers to gather.

"Are we all here? Alright, listen up, everyone."

Then, Noah-san explained the details of this subjugation.

It takes about half a day to reach the Orc nest by carriage. We will move out and meet up with the reconnaissance team ahead of us at a safe place near the site. We'll reconfirm the situation, decide on a strategy, and start the subjugation the next morning.

"And lastly, we need to decide the leader... normally, the leader is supposed to be the one with the highest rank, but..."

"That's Takumi."

"Indeed."

Noah-san, Evan-san, and Scott-san were looking at me. Furthermore, the gazes of the adventurers who noticed his gaze also turned towards me.

"Eh, that's impossible for me!"

It's too much to ask of me, so I refused with all my might.

"I thought so. Even though you are A-ranker, you still lack experience in this department~——In that case, I will leave it to you, Scott."

I guess he didn't really want to leave it to me from the beginning. Noah-san easily backed down and appointed Scott-san as the leader.

"Roger that."

"Takumi, can you be the sub-leader?"

"Erm... if other adventurers have no objections?"

"Is there anyone who... has objections?"

I'm sure some of the adventurers don't know who I am, but since I've already been mentioned as an A-ranked adventurer, no one objected, so I became the sub-leader.

"I'm counting on you all."

After the preparations were complete, Noah-san and the other guild staff saw us off, and we set off.

We arrived at our destination a few hours later... after being shaken around by a carriage.

"Isn't this a good place?"

"Yeah. Let's make our camp here."

After deciding on the location of the encampment, the adventurers who were good at covert action headed toward the Orc nest to meet up with the advance party. The remaining adventurers begin to prepare the camp.

"Takumi-san, let's start the strategy meeting."

After a while, the people who had gone to pick up the advance party returned, and we decided to have a meeting to share information.

"Thank you for your time. First, let me introduce myself. I'm Scott, the leader of the subjugation team."

"I'm Takumi, the sub-leader."

When Scott-san said his name, he glanced at me, so I introduced myself.

"I'm Cino. I'm coordinator of the reconnaissance team."

"Any injuries?"

"None at all."

Scott-san, myself, and Orlando-san were at the strategy meeting. The other ones were the leaders of each adventuring party, Evan-san, who was in the same party as Scott-san, and three members of the advance party.

"Let us hear the report please."

"I have already reported the number of Orcs to be around two hundred. There are at least ten High Orcs, three Orc Mages and an Orc General."

(......)

The leaders who were participating in the meeting froze with shocked expressions.

The adventurers said that they hoped there would be only a High Orc, even if it was a higher species. But they were shocked to hear that there were not one or two, but ten High Orcs, as well as Orc Mages and Orc Generals.

"Well... let's plan a strategy, so we can take them down with our safety as the first priority."

"Safely, you say! That's impossible!"

"Right! Our forces are too small for this!"

The silence lasted for a while, and no one showed any signs of opening their mouths, so I spoke up, but... This had triggered the leaders to get excited and they started calling me reckless.

"What exactly is reckless about this?"

"Isn't that obvious!? There are too many higher species!"

"So can we proceed if the higher species are out of the picture?"

"Well... yeah, somewhat. But! The reconnaissance has confirmed the presence of the higher species, so 'if there are no higher species' is a moot point!"

It seems that they will be able to deal with the large number of Orcs if there are no higher species present.

"Then, what if I said I would take on all the higher species?"

(Haah!?)

Everyone but me shouted at my words and froze in place.

***********************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4K 189
Police station policeman Ye Feng inadvertently obtained the security system, Since then embarked on the road of vigilance and supernatural power. "Co...
9.4K 501 43
The Immortal Dao is ethereal, and Immortals are hard to find. Li Nianfan had descended into the cultivation world as a mortal. After learning that he...
55.1K 876 21
Marinette's parents go out of town for a while. Marinette would have taken care of the bakery but she got to live with a special someone for a year. ...
4K 135 30
Author: Rugao Under The Bridge Summary Ye Lingchen was a regular high schooler who struggled with exams and expectations from his parents. All that c...