Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising...

By SheijiHiei

『I'm terribly sorry...』 A god was suddenly prostrating in front of Kayano Takumi. He was apparently killed by... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 21

95 5 0
By SheijiHiei

Before the Departure

After the unexpected excitement over shaved ice, Grandpa showed me the hotplate magic tool next.

"I only made this guy larger than something that already exists, so there weren't any problems with this one."

"Ohh~"

The hotplate was as I imagined too.

"I also received this, but... it's full of holes, just what is it for?"

What Grandpa took out next was the takoyaki plate I ordered directly in the smithery.

It seems that it was delivered to this store along with the normal iron plate and deep iron plate that can be used instead of pot I ordered.

"You have ordered it as a set with this magic tool, so you are using it for cooking, right?"

"Yes, it would be difficult to explain in detail, but it's for pouring the dough and baking a spherical kind of food."

He wouldn't know what "takoyaki" is even if I told him, so I told him it's a spherical food.

"Are you going to join two halves to form a sphere?"

I see, because I said spherical, he thought that I would be putting together the halves I baked with this iron plate.

It seems that he can't imagine baking while rotating the dough~

"I wonder? It might be full of holes like this, but I should be able to manage with the application of heat."

"Well, as long as there's no problem. The heat can be adjusted, so everything else depends on the skills of the chef. Now then, let's move onto the White Wheat cooking device next."

"Ah, the rice cooker!"

Utilizing the tools well depend on the skill of the user, so I put the takoyaki plate aside and got onto the main subject, checking the rice cooker!

"May I try cooking the White Wheat first?"

"I don't mind. Rather, do give it a try."

"Yes. Then, let's get cooking!"

I immediately prepared the White Wheat and activated the magic tool.

"Then, shall we prepare early lunch again~?"

""Lunch~""

"Oh, is that fine! Actually, I was expecting a bit!"

"Is that so? But, I can only make something simple, you know? Err... would curry and rice be fine?"

"Curry? Is that the seasoning that just started selling at Stefan's place? You are going to make a dish using that?"

What Grandpa is talking about is the curry salt, right?

"The flavor is the same, but it's a bit different? Curry salt was originally made to season the curry rice, so~"

"Hooh~ Is that so? I am looking forward to it then~"

It appears that curry rice has been approved.

"Then, wait for a bit please."

""Will help~""

"Thank you. Then, could I leave mixing to you guys?"

""Got it~""

I don't know how well the rice cooker Grandpa made cooks rice, but let's get it done.

"What a pleasant fragrance~"

"You think so? I am glad to hear that.——Ah, the rice is finished."

When I finished cooking with magic, the rice just finished cooking as well. It took about forty minutes?

"It's cooked evenly too...——there doesn't seem to be any problems. Looks like it cooked deliciously."

""Smells good~ Onii~chan, quickly~""

"Yes, yes."

I tried it at once and there didn't seem to be any problems. In that case, I will have to order more of these magic tools. Matthias-san and others are eagerly waiting for these, after all!

I originally ordered several, but this is just a prototype, so I thought of not spreading these, but——

"For starters, I made ten of these~"

"!?"

Grandpa said that he already made ten rice cookers.

"... As expected of you~"

""As expected~""

"Fuo, fuo, fuo. I myself thought I did a good job. Of course, I already made one more to take home."

Truly, as expected of him.

"What do you want to do? What are you taking with you?"

The Ruven mansion, the Ruven mansion in their fief, the Risner mansion, and the castle are absolutely necessary. I would also like one in reserve. I don't know how many Matthias-san is going to ask... rather, wouldn't there be a need to make more?

"Err... may I take everything?"

"I don't mind. However, I have not received the pots for the rice cookers yet. Ah, I did a few experiments with a pot I made, so there's won't be any problems with using them in the magic tool."

"I will go get the pots later myself then. There are some things I ordered for personal use too, after all."

"Sorry about that~"

I paid for the rice cookers and negotiated for more in case there wasn't enough of them. We came to an agreement, but Grandpa already arranged a middleman from the Fiji Company of his own accord. Well, rather than this worn-out looking store, having a person from the Fiji Company be the messenger of the Ruven family might be much better.

◇ ◇ ◇

After leaving Grandpa's store, we made our way to the blacksmith.

The objective this time is to receive the rice cooker pots and steaming pot I ordered.

""Where to next~?""

"Next is the blacksmith. Let's get the pots we ordered there."

""Steam buns!""

"Indeed, with that, we can make steamed buns whenever we like."

""Yay~""

Other foods beside steamed buns would also be possible. In addition, it will be easier to make a pudding that I was making in a normal pot up until now too.

"Onii~chan, quickly~!"

"Let's hurry, to the blacksmith~!"

"The pot won't run even if we don't rush, you know?"

"Steamed buns!"

"Let's quickly make them~"

The children want to make steamed buns right away, so they urged me to rush to get the steamer. They were trying to break into a run while pulling me by hands.

"Welcome."

"Thank you, hello. I came to receive the items I have ordered. I have also come to collect pots the Grandpa from the magic tool store ordered."

"Yes, I will bring it over immediately."

In the end, when I stated my business to the shopkeeper Van-san after the children pulled me all the way to the blacksmith at a quick pace, Van-san immediately brought the items I ordered over.

"Some pots I made for the first time, how are they looking?"

"Wow! They look really good!"

I ordered a three-layered pot with several small holes in them.

I also asked for lids. Van-san made them according to my order.

"I am glad they are to your satisfaction."

"Yes, I am completely satisfied. Thank you so much for all of them."

Other pots like the extra-large pot and narrow pot were to my satisfaction too, so we received all the articles and left the blacksmith with delighted mood.

~

Before the Departure 2

Somehow managing to persuade Allen and Elena who wanted to quickly return to make steamed buns, we headed to the Fiji Company next, where we told Stefan-san that we are leaving on a trip.

He was feeling down that we were leaving the Capital, but knowing that we are adventurers, Stefan-san had already contacted branches in other towns, so he told us to "Drop by anywhere as you please."

Shopping was included, but Stefan-san implied to "Come to Fiji Company, not other stores if I get some novel idea". Well, if I want something made, I already know the Fiji Company's disposition, the conditions are also good and they treat us favorably, so I nodded to him, thinking that there was no need to expressly go to another store.

"Before I forget, Stefan-san, I have a frozen sweet called shaved ice, if you—"

"Shaved ice! Frozen sweet!! Takumi-dono, what kind of thing is that!!"

Next, I tried talking about the shaved ice, but the moment Stefan-san heard the name, he opened his eyes wide and urged inquiringly.

I tried to explain, but he didn't let me.

"This is it. Please, give it a try."

"Hooh! So this is shaved ice, I see!"

I wanted to explain in words, but thinking it would be faster if he tried it, I handed the shaved ice I brought with me to him and Stefan-san stared at it fixedly.

"The ice is finely shaved, I see. Additionally, is that boiled fruit on top?"

"... Stefan-san, it's going to melt, so you better taste it first."

"Ohh, that's right! Well then, here I go."

When I urged Stefan-san who was staringly observing to eat, he finally put the shaved ice into his mouth.

"Ohh! This is nice! Takumi-dono, this will sell!"

Stefan-san who ate a mouthful of shaved ice vigorously raised his voice.

"Ah~ the magic tool store's Grandpa Sol said same, he said he would like you to sell it."

"Is that fine!?"

"Err... what might be?"

"I was wondering whether it was fine for me to sell this shaved ice?"

"Ah, yes, I don't mind. It's just that I will be leaving the Capital soon, so the decision-making would have to be left completely to you and Grandpa Sol, so——"

"Please leave it to us!"

Again! Why won't he let me speak until the end!?

I remember having a similar experience before, but... was it Stefan-san before as well? Was it someone else? Well, either one is fine~

"... Then, I will leave it to you."

Stefan-san already started planning this and that, so after telling him to talk it through with Grandpa Sol, we left the Fiji Company.

Following that, we went to receive the mortar and mallet we ordered, and also the pearl jewelry at the Jewellers.

Although we have already received the butterfly hair ornament Elena wanted, I thought of dropping by before leaving the Capital. The people from the store would always come to the Ruven mansion, so I have never seen the store myself~

"This is it."

"My, my, isn't it Takumi-sama! Thank you very much for coming!"

"Hello. I have nothing in mind, but may we take a look around?"

"Of course! Please take your time."

A familiar merchant greeted us when we entered and guided us to the shelves with goods on display.

"Heeh~ this is quite incredible."

"Sparkly~"

"Fuoha~~~"

Beautiful jewelry made with multicolored gems were lined up in great number on the shelves.

Excited expressions formed on the children's faces when they saw the glittering articles, but their expressions had different meanings.

Allen just seemed to show interest in the sparkling and glittering things, while Elena clearly showed interest in the jewelry itself.

"Onii~chan! So amazing!"

Elena rushed to the lined-up goods and intensely stared at them.

"Ojousama seems to be fond of these."

"Yea, they are pretty~!"

Elena showed a whole-faced smile.

"Do you have something kids could wear every day?"

"Let's see. There will be fewer if you exclude young noble ladies and daughters of wealthy families, but I will prepare them right away."

"Sorry, but please do so."

The merchant understood what rank of goods I had in mind, so he immediately prepared several articles.

"The price of these is considerably lower, so I believe there won't be problems with Ojousama's usual activities."

What the merchant showed us were articles that didn't use gems but were mainly focused on the craftsmanship.

"Heeh~ there's many designs.——Elena, how about it? I will buy it for you if there's something you like."

"Really!"

"Yeah. But, only one, okay?"

"Yea!"

Elena earnestly observed the jewelry one at a time.

"How about you, Allen?"

"N~? Don't need~"

I tried talking to Allen while Elena was deciding, but he seemed to be satisfied just by looking, so he watched Elena choose in silence.

"That so? Then, would you like to have a look at the Weapon's store next?"

"Weapons~?"

"Right, weapons. Do you have an interest in swords or things like that, Allen?"

"Swords! Want! Like Al-sama's!"

The two's appearances are very similar, but their interests have recently been branching off.

Even if they say "I love ice cream", Allen prefers chocolate while Elena's favorite is the Ichi-flavored one. Picture books too, Allen loves books about adventure, while Elena apparently likes books in which princesses appear.

That being the case, when I tried asking Allen about swords, his expression immediately changed.

"Like Al-sama's sword? N~ that kind of sword might be too early for you. But, how about we look for a sword that you can practice with?"

"Yea!"

As expected, it would be dangerous for Allen to wield a long sword meant for adults, so it would be better to look for a short sword with a dull blade.

"Onii~chan, I decided~!"

In the meanwhile, Elena apparently decided on the jewelry.

"You did? Which one?"

"This one~"

What Elena chose was a brooch in the shape of a snow crystal.

"Oh, you chose a cute one."

"Ehehe~"

Not only cute. She did not choose a necklace or hair ornament, but a type of accessory she didn't have yet... as expected of her.

"Then, we will take this one please."

"Yes, thank you for your business."

Elena wanted to wear the brooch right away, so when I fastened it to her chest, she slowly turned around with a very nice smile.

Her expression that said "How do I look?" was truly adorable.

~

Before the Departure 3

After leaving the jewelry store, we looked for a smithery or store that dealt mainly with weapons.

"Onii~chan."

"That place~"

"N? Ah, you are right. Let's try going there then."

""Yea!""

Allen and Elena found an authentic-looking store, so when we entered it, various weapons that were lined up in the store interior came to view.

"So many kinds~"

"Lots~

"Indeed~"

They had not only weapons like swords, daggers, bows, spears, and axes, but even armor and protectors.

"W, welcome!"

"Sorry for intruding."

"What might you be looking for?"

When we entered the store, a vigorous young man appeared from further inside.

"Do you deal with swords with blunt blades here?"

"Blunt blades? Sorry, we don't sell those. Ah, but..."

The young man told me that they don't sell what we wanted, but he then started hesitating and his eyes swam around.

Looks like he has an idea~

"But, what is it?"

"The swords I... the swords I made..."

"The swords you made?"

"Yes... Boss often tells me that my swords are still 'dull' so..."

The young man seemed to be a blacksmith apprentice and told me in a low voice that the dull blades he makes might be close to what I need.

It might be quite difficult for him to say that the swords he makes are dull swords that "can't cut". Despite that, he responded to a customer's requirements.

"Would you be able to show them to me?"

"The sword I made? Err, wait a moment please. I will go confirm with Boss!"

The young man ran back to the inside of the store.

Well, he probably can't sell the sword he made on his own, so he needed to confirm first.

"Is it you? The one who wanted a blunt sword?"

After a while, the young man returned together with a middle-aged man. This person is most likely the Boss.

"Rather than blunt, I want a sword with a dull blade. A sword that children could practice with."

"Ah, I see. A practice sword, huh. So that's why a blunt sword? In that case, this fellow's swords would be perfect."

"I'm not sure whether they will be perfect, but can I take a look?"

"Well, I'm fine with that.——Mike, bring all there is."

"Y, yes!"

The young man——Mike-kun, rushed inside the store once again.

"Right, right, customer. My apprentice strikes and redoes the swords many times over, so they won't be very strong."

"Well, even if they won't be usable in a battle, won't it be fine as long as they can be practiced with?"

"Yeah, there won't be any problems then. By they way, by children, did you mean these two? You are starting with them quite young~"

"They seem to be interested in swords, so I thought of letting them get the feeling for it."

"Certainly... they do seem very intrigued."

"Indeed."

Since a while ago, Elena and naturally Allen, have been going around and staring at the weapons in the store.

"Allen, Elena, looking is fine, but don't be touching it now, it's dangerous."

""Yess~""

I got a reply back when I cautioned them, but they showed no signs of coming back to me.

"T, thank you for waiting."

In the meantime, Mike-kun returned with a heavy-looking bag in his hands.

"There's unexpectedly a variety of them, huh. I was sure you were practicing making the same kind of a sword."

What Mike-kun took out from the bag were swords of various lengths, starting from a long sword.

"That's right. I myself started with small articles like knives, and did the same thing over and over again. Mike had already graduated from knives and just started with swords, but even if making a knife takes him half the time of a normal man, his swords end up dull even if he puts in twice the effort."

"... I'm sorry."

Mike-kun hung his head down after hearing his Boss' words.

"Mike-kun, there is a path for everyone to follow. You will surely become a blacksmith like your Boss if you keep working hard."

"T, thank you very much."

"Then, let's take a look.——Allen, come here."

First of all, I grabbed a short sword and called Allen over.

"Allen, try holding this."

"Is this Allen's sword?"

Allen grasped the sword's handle with a smile on his face and took a stance.

"Allen, how nice~ Elena wants one too~"

Elena started having an interest in girly ornaments, but she seems to have an interest in swords too. Looks like she wasn't just looking around with curiosity.

"You want to try using a sword too, Elena?"

"Yeah, wanna try!"

When I took another short sword and handed it over to Elena, she took a pose similar to Allen's.

"Allen, try this one next."

When I handed a longer sword to Allen, he was able to hold it properly too.

"Is it not too heavy?"

"Is fine~"

Yep, our children have quite the strength, so they have no problems taking a stance with sword in hands.

"They hold the posture quite well, don't they~"

"Whoa, truly. Swords like these should be too heavy for children of this age, no!?"

The Boss and Mike-kun said words of admiration while looking at Allen and Elena holding the swords stance.

"Then, can I take these three?"

Two of different lengths for Allen and one for Elena. I thought of spending on Allen more in here.

"Also, let's see~... could you choose a sword, spear, bow and an ax for me?"

"Not only one, but all varieties!? Oioi, you seem like an adventurer from your appearances, but wouldn't it be better to not be overly greedy?"

"Err... I wanted to try handling them all and narrow it to one."

I thought of taking lessons in weapons, but I quite didn't have the opportunity. Since we are at a weapon's shop, I thought of taking the occasion to buy "normal" kinds of weapons.

I mean, the only weapons I have are in a class of their own, such as the Water Katana I received from a God and the Fire Magic Sword I got in the Dungeon of Ripples.

Therefore, I wanted to get my hands on general weapons.

"You are buying so many weapons for that reason? You are quite extravagant, oi."

"Fortunately, we have the money."

"Well, it's income for us, so I don't mind selling. Now then, what quality are we talking about? Beginner stuff... it's not that, right?"

"Let's see~... something of average and above grade please."

"Roger that. Wait a moment."

The Boss chose various weapons after careful testing, so adding up the cost of the swords Mike-kun made, I handed over the payment.

"Allen, Elena, you must not use the swords while I am not around, okay? Promise me that."

""Yeah, promise!""

Allen and Elena cheerfully stored their swords in their own pouches while I was paying, so when I cautioned them to not use the swords without permission, the two properly promised.

"Then, thank you very much."

""Thank you.""

We got what we came for, so we decided to return to the mansion for today.

~

Before the Departure 4

Immediately upon returning to the Ruven mansion, I reported to Matthias-san regarding the magic tool.

Matthias-san was highly pleased by the magic tool's completion and immediately brought one of the rice cookers to the kitchen. Then, another one will be brought to Rebecca-san and others in the Ruven fief.

The next day, we headed to the castle but were seized by Wald-sama and Isaac-san when we entered through the gate. They then brought us to the royal exclusive use lounge while I was still dumbfounded.

"Takumi, I heard you are leaving the Capital?"

"... Yes, very soon. I came to convey that, however... it seems that you are already aware~"

The monarch couple Tristan-sama and Grace-sama, the three princes Austin-sama, Felix-sama, Alfried-sama and also the crown princess Aurora-sama, the royal grandson Julius-sama, and Lionel-sama were there. That makes everyone from the royal family as far as I know.

Moreover, the guards were Wald-sama, Isaac-san, Najack-sama, Kevin-sama, and Claudio-sama, all who are our acquaintances.

I did let them know that we will be visiting, but I didn't expect them to gather in full force like this~

"Nii~ni, Nee~ne."

""Uniyu?""

"Wead me a pictuwe book~"

It was quite an extravagant gathering, so as I was getting intimidated to talk a little, Julius-sama who was sitting next to Aurora-sama stared straight at Allen and Elena and started flapping his limbs.

Unaware to me, Julius-sama started recognizing Allen and Elena as his siblings.

This is my first time seeing Julius-sama, but he looks exactly like Austin-sama~

"My, oh my, Julius wants Allen-kun and Elena-chan to read him a book~"

"Allen?"

"Elena?"

"Yes, that's right. He must have liked it when you read him a book before. Allen-kun, Elena-chan, may I ask you to read Julius a book again if you are okay with it?"

Grace-sama let out a chuckle seeing Julius-sama acting like that, and made a proposal to Allen and Elena.

"Allen, Elena. It's fine to play with Julius-sama while we are talking, you know?"

""N~?""

Allen and Elena looked alternatively between my and Julius-sama's face and tilted their heads as if troubled.

""Where~?""

"Fufu. You don't have to worry. Look, from over there, you will be able to see your Oniichan, right? Wouldn't that be okay?"

""Yea, then, will read a book~""

"My, thank you——Julius, Allen-kun and Elena-chan say they will read you a book. Will you thank them?"

"Yesh, thank you~"

Allen and Elena's worries were apparently the place for their playing.

Thus, Grace-sama showed them a place inside the room with a big cushion where they could roll around a lot. I see stuffed toys too, so it must be Julius-sama's playground.

"Les go~ les go kwikly~"

"Don't rush."

"The book won't escape."

Julius-sama promptly took Allen and Elena's hands and guided them to the playground.

Although they were watched over by the servants, Aurora-sama was worried about the children, so she went with them.

"Julius got completely attached to them, didn't he~"

Watching the three innocently play, Al-sama made a warmed expression.

"Yeah, it has a good influence on Allen and Elena, so I am grateful."

"Ah~ the two are usually surrounded by adults, aren't they? Do they have little opportunities to play with fellow kids?"

"Indeed. Allen and Elena don't know anyone younger than them besides Julius-sama."

"Is that so? Considering that, don't the two look quite used to playing the senior role?"

"Truly. I am surprised as well. I would like to increase their interaction with other children in the future."

There are places for children to gather in every town, so I should take them there.

"And so, Takumi. You will be going through towns and villages on your way to the Ruven fief, is that correct?"

"Yes, it is. I plan on wandering around for a little, but the destination is the town of Rubia."

"Have you decided on your plans after that?"

"No, I have not thought that far yet, ahh! Is this perhaps about leaving outside the country and stuff?"

"U, umu."

I, more or less, am a high-ranking adventurer, after all. Tristan-sama is worried about us leaving the country.

"I am interested so I thought I would like to go."

"... I see."

When talking about leaving the country, Tristan-sama made an obviously disheartened expression.

"However, we have gotten people that we are close with and people whom we received favors from, so I believe we will be surely returning to Guardia in the end."

"Is that so!"

Guardia has already become my second home.

Therefore, even if I travel to different countries, I have no thoughts of settling there.

"Sounds fun. How about I tag along with you, Takumi~"

Just as Tristan-sama felt relieved by my statement, Al-sama dropped an outrageous joke.

"Oh my, why not?"

""Eh!?""

Then, Grace-sama gave her approval with a smile.

It wasn't just me who was startled by her statement, even Al-sama who was just joking was shocked.

"Mother?"

"I think it's fine if you accompany Takumi-san and the children on a journey."

Grace-sama wasn't joking, she was truly suggesting Al-sama travels with us.

"Mother, I am, more or less, this country's prince too, you know..."

"It's often the case for princes to travel to study, see?"

"That's to a different country's academy in pursuit of knowledge, no?"

"Fufu. There are many who travel the world as adventurers too. Therefore, you don't have to worry and do as you please."

"Eh?"

Tristan-sama, Austin-sama, and Felix-sama were watching Al-sama and Grace-sama's exchange attentively while Lionel-sama was rolling on the floor in laughter.

They don't seem to have any intention of opposing, or rather, stopping Grace-sama at all.

"Grace-sama, please stop the joke right there."

"Oh my, I am not joking. I mean, letting you get away would be a loss of national interest. Therefore, wouldn't we form tighter connections if we let Alfried accompany you?"

"""... Certainly."""

Grace-sama's real intentions appeared here!

Moreover "get away" she said! Letting me get away, am I a prey or what!?

Besides, Tristan-sama and others! What are you nodding your heads for! Lionel-sama is laughing even harder!!

This... who is going to put this under control?

~

Before the Departure 5

"Now, now, Grace. Stop playing around right about now. Trying to trouble Takumi wasn't your intention, right?"

I was worried about how to deal with this situation, but Lionel-sama who was laughing out loud stopped it.

"Indeed. Pardon me, Takumi-san."

Grace-sama who was chided by Lionel-sama apologized.

"Eh? So, you were joking in the end!?"

"No, I wasn't."

"She must have been thinking that if you had accepted, or something like that~"

"Indeed."

I thought she was joking, but it seems that she was half-serious, after all.

"The comment about national interest from a little while wasn't a lie... saying losing you or letting you get away was rude, wasn't it? I personally am really fond of you, Takumi-san. In truth, I would really like to keep you in the Capital, but we wouldn't be able to hold you back anyway. That's why I thought about sending Alfried with you, so that you don't forget about us."

Grace-sama apologized once more.

"I was startled, but I didn't mind it that much! Please raise your head already!"

I was taken aback just now, but apologizing to me again will make me flustered.

"Haah... not knowing just how serious Mother is, makes me frightened. Mother, let me tell you something. I would only be a burden to them if I tagged along."

"Oh my, is that so? Alfriend, were you so incompetent?"

"...! It's not me that is incompetent, it's just the standard of Takumi and the children is way too high! I believe that the knights who know about Takumi are of the same opinion!"

The guards, Wald-sama, Isaac-san, Najack-sama, Kevin-sama, and Claudio-sama nodded with serious expressions.

"Oh my!"

Catching the sight of the knights, Grace-sama opened her eyes wide in amazement.

"That much?"

"That much. When we went to the dungeon together, they were matching my pace quite a lot, after all. Despite that, we arrived to our destination in an astonishingly short time. Moreover, haven't you also heard the rumors about how they captured the entire Dungeon of Ripples in no time! Rather, didn't I inform you of this when I returned from the dungeon before?"

"... Did you, I wonder? I have no recollection~"

As Al-sama said, I feel that the subject was changed at that time~ that was, erm... the first time I met Lionel-sama——Ah!

"Al-sama, Al-sama."

"N? What is it, Takumi?"

"When you were talking about it, didn't Grace-sama, umm... had a talk with Tristan-sama about the hidden alcohol in his office?"

"Ahh! That reminds me, Father got a scolding then!"

Just in case, I lowered my voice when talking about this, but Al-sama said it out loud.

That moment, Tristan-sama made a sour expression.

"Oh my, that time? Let's see~ I recall overhearing some things, but I didn't hear most of it. Sorry."

Wouldn't that be normal? I would be rather shocked if she heard all of our conversation properly while scolding another person.

"But, indeed. Takumi-san is an A-ranked adventurer. He must be strong. Takumi-san has this 'I am not concerned with fights' face, so I unconsciously forgot~"

"... I can't deny that."

It wasn't only Al-sama nodding to Grace-sama's words, as others were nodding in agreement.

... Well, I originally was physically weak, and virtually never use most of my strength when fighting, so it's not wrong.

"In Takumi's case, he does not concern himself with fighting and other matters unless the other party comes knocking, no?"

"Certainly. Couldn't one say that he's already used to it?"

"... Eh~ that much?"

Felix-sama agreed with Al-sama's words and added to it.

I acknowledge that I get rolled up in various things, rather than incidents coming knocking, but I don't want to say that I'm used to it already~

"Ha ha ha, you are used to it? So you are not only popular with people, but with incidents too, I see~"

Lionel-sama burst into laughter again.

Being popular with people is a good thing, but being popular with incidents... I wonder about that one?

"Well, it's not a bad thing. It's proof that you are cared for by many. I am one of those people, though! That being the case, Takumi. When you leave, be sure to contact us regularly... let see, at least once a month? I might have to contact you regarding the alcohol too."

"Oh my, isn't once a month the minimum? I would like to be contacted every time you find a place to stay for a while~"

Yep, they have decided on a periodical report without me~

But well, that much is fine with me. I just have to send a letter from the Adventurer's Guild.

"There will be times we will be in the mountains, so please overlook a few days at times."

"Fufu, we know."

After that, the silly conversation with the royalty continued for a while, and Allen and Elena who were reading a picture book returned.

""We are back!""

"Welcome back. What about Julius-sama?"

"It's Ju-chan's bed-time~"

"Ju-chan is sleeping~"

"......"

Julius-sama must have been satisfied with Allen and Elena's reading as he apparently fell asleep.

That is good, but... what about the way Allen and Elena address Julius-sama? No... it's fine, I guess?

Nobody seems to be rebuking them and are looking at the two warmly too~

"Thank you very much for your time today."

"N? What, are you leaving already?"

"Yes, we will be leaving. Everyone here is a busy person, after all. It's not like we can monopolize you all for ourselves."

Allen and Elena returned too, so I decided to leave after thanking them for the hospitability and wishing them good health.

Ah, before leaving the castle, I made my way towards the kitchen to deliver the rice cooker magic tool. Then, we went to visit the McPhersons, Jake-san's bakery and other places to say goodbye, and the farewell round was generally finished.

~

Departure

"Matthias-san, thank you for your hospitability."

"Oh my? Takumi-kun, aren't your words of parting wrong?"

"Eh?"

""We are off~""

"Yeah, that's correct! Be careful that you don't hurt yourselves, you two."

""Yea!""

"Ojii~sama."

"Be well~"

We, who finished making farewell rounds decided to leave the Capital at last.

After Matthias-san saw us off, we stopped by the Adventurer's Guild first. Since we are leaving the town for a long period of time, I wanted to confirm whether I can report about the completion of requests I took here in Adventurer's Guilds in other towns.

"Hey, Takumi-san! Come here!"

The moment we entered the guild, Keimi-san rushed up to me as usual, but took me to the Guild Master's office this time.

"Dear, Dear! Takumi-san is here!"

"Ehh!? Already!?——Hey, Takumi-kun! I know that you are making the rounds to say farewell, but you are surely not leaving the Capital yet, are you!? You have come just to accept a request today, right!?"

It seems that they've heard about us making the rounds. As expected of them.

But, we have apparently arrived earlier than expected as Andy-san and Keimi-san were flustered.

"It's exactly that."

"W, what a thing!"

Andy-san stiffened with fright on his face.

I know that I don't need to report to the Adventurer's Guild when going to travel in advance, but was it better to report earlier?

"Even though I wasn't able to play with the Pastel Rabbits yet!!"

"... Eh?"

""Nniyu?""

... Yup, there was no reason to report beforehand.

Rather, you wanted to play with the Pastel Rabbits, Andy-san? He was watching others play with the Pastel Rabbits when I brought the fluffe, did he perhaps get interested in playing with them too or something?

N? Did I tell Andy-san that I own Pastel Rabbits of my own? Ahh, that reminds me, I told Keimi-san, so she must have told him.

"I can't let you play for too long, but..."

"Ohh! Thank you, Takumi-kun!"

When I summoned Shiro and the other four Pastel Rabbits and handed them over to Andy-san, he embraced them with a wide smile on his face.

"Oh my, it's unfair for only you to enjoy them, Dear~"

Then, Keimi-san swiftly approached Andy-san from the side and snatched Mimi and Reamu from his arms. Even though I said she snatched them, her actions weren't rough at all, so Mimi and Reamu obediently stayed in Keimi-san's arms.

"Please finish in ten minutes."

"Ehh! Ten minutes is too short~ Takumi-kun, one hour!"

"We have our plans, so ten minutes is enough. If you don't like it, I can retrieve the children immediately and return to selecting requests."

"A, at least twenty minutes... no, fifteen! Please! I will immediately prepare requests that meet your requirements, Takumi-kun!"

"Roger that. Then, fifteen minutes and show me with the requests please."

That being the case, we sat on the sofa and watched the married couple of Andy-san and Keimi-san play with Shiro and others...——not really, I retrieved a book from Infinite Storage to kill time.

Then, fifteen minutes later.

"Time's up.——Allen, Elena, could you retrieve Shiro and others for me?"

""Yeah.""

"... The time of supreme bliss passed way too fast."

"Yeah~..."

When I requested Allen and Elena to collect Shiro and others, Andy-san and Keimi-san handed over the rabbits with heartbreak. Keimi-san then regretfully returned to work.

"Haah... wait a moment, Takumi-kun. Erm... regarding the requests, you mainly want requests that are located to the East of the Capital, correct?"

"Yeah, that's right."

I have not told him our destination yet, but it seems he did his homework.

"Then, are you planning to go to the town of Kelm in the Northeast?"

"Town of Kelm, is it? I have not decided in such detail, but can I hear what you wanted to say?"

"Of course. That town is near mines, you see. It's a prosperous mining town."

Heeh~ mines, huh. I might be interested a bit.

Err... the town of Kelm is halfway between the town of Saza and Rubia. In that case, it shouldn't be a problem stopping by.

"Then, is the request about gathering minerals from those mines?"

"Nono, that's not it. Many experts at mining minerals live in that town, after all."

Ah, that sounds true. It's a mining town after all, it would be crowded with various mining craftsmen and miners. In that case, there's no place for us to make appearance~

"You see, several kinds of herbs that are unique to the mines has been recently very difficult to acquire. I would like to request you of that, Takumi-kun."

"Ahh, herbs, huh."

""Ohh~ herbs!""

Hearing about herb gathering, Allen and Elena got instantly excited.

"Even if you say herbs unique to the mines, there must be several kinds, right? Do you have anything specific in mind?"

"No, nothing specific. There's a shortage of all of them. If you present this in the Adventurer's Guild in the town of Kelm, they will arrange it for you to be fulfilled, so I'd like to ask you to complete this request if you feel like it."

"Huh? If I feel like it... you sure?"

"Yeah. I cannot force you guys to do it, after all."

But well, me aside, Allen and Elena are already interested, so we will probably be going to the town of Kelm to do some herb gathering.

"Picking~"

"Let's go~"

"My, oh my, may I have some expectations then?"

Yep, I thought so. It seems that visiting the town of Kelm has been decided.

"However, I'm not sure we will be able to find any, so I would be happy if you did not have many expectations."

"I got it. I won't be over-expecting, but it's you guys, so it will surely be fine."

"......"

Andy-san smiled in deceit, but his words were very contradictory, no?

"Ah, of course, we will take herbs and things like monster materials you collect on the way as well."

Andy-san said "I will be having expectations." at last. Isn't he expecting way too much! Even though I told him not to! Moreover, the children replied with "Will work hard~" to him. Well, when it comes to herbs, I have a feeling we will be fine, though~

"... I will sell off the materials in some guild when we come to accept requests."

"Yep, please do so."

"Well then, Andy-san, thank you for your help until now. We should depart soon."

"Is that so? I will be looking forward to the day we meet again, so make sure to come back to the Capital again."

Saying goodbye to Andy-san, I went to look for Keimi-san at the reception desk once more and told her and the other staff we were acquaintances with goodbye and finally departed from the Capital.

The destination is in the Northeast. First, let's head for the town of Kelm we decided on earlier.

~

First...

As usual, when we were a distance from the town, I called Joule and others out.

Joule: (Oniichan, are we going out?)

Feat: (Where are we going this time, Niisama?)

Bolt: (Aniue, is it for work?)

Vector: (Yay~ going out!)

Mile: (So exciting!)

When I called everyone, they all raised their voices happily.

(And so, Oniichan, where are we going?)

"I was thinking of going Northeast to a town called Kelm."

""Kelmm♪~""

It's safe to say that the place of destination is Kelm. It's safe to say, but———

"However, first, let's see... let's go North!"

""Huhhi~?""

(((((Ehh~!?)))))

The children opened their eyes wide after hearing my words.

"If we go to Kelm straight away, taking your running speed into consideration... we would arrive there in about a day?"

(Ah, I see. We would arrive there too fast.)

"You are correct, Feat!"

The first to notice the problem was everyone's older sister-like existence, Feat.

(Is arriving fast not good?)

"I won't say that it's not good, but unnatural? I did not tell everyone that we travel on your guys' back."

Even going by carriage would take several days. Even more than that on foot.

"I should have... exposed you guys sooner."

It's not like I want to hide the existence of Joule and others by any means. I just thought it would be bothersome, so I kept them secret. I did tell about Joule and others to people close to us, that's about it. Well, they think that Joule, Feat and Vector are basically babies, but... that's their charm.

(It would be bothersome... right?)

"Well, yes. I would like to avoid that, I guess."

Yep, I would absolutely love to avoid that. I believe that ruckus would only follow.

(So the danger Allen and Elena would be in won't... increase?)

""Uniyu?""

"Allen?"

"Elena?"

Hearing their names being called, the two were making curious faces, so I patted Joule's head while talking.

"Well, it would be possible for people with bad intentions to chase after us, but that's only a possibility. However, if we do make it public, then you guys will be able to be by Allen and Elena's side all the time, so it should be fine?"

It doesn't have only demerits, it has merits too.

(N~... I think I'm fine with how things are now.)

"... Is that so?"

Oh my? I thought he would agree with announcing their existence to the public, but he unexpectedly refused.

Joule chose to stay in secret.

(I mean, it's troublesome when people kick up a fuss, and I wouldn't like if bad fellows approached Allen and Elena just because of us.)

Well, I understand the feelings of not wanting Allen and Elena to encounter more unnecessary danger... I understand~

(It's fun traveling all over the place like this and we can enter the town in our small forms without any problems too. That's why I am fine with things staying like this.)

Feat, Bolt, Vector, and Mile nodded in agreement with Joule's words.

(Indeed. Niisama, we are fine with things staying as they are.)

(Yep.)

(Yeah!)

(Yes, we are!)

Our children really are good children~

"I see, thank you. I will call you as usual in place with no people, and I will listen to your requests more than before, so don't hold back with me."

(Yay~! Then, at once! Oniichan, if you want to go somewhere, let's go to the dungeon we found before!)

"A dungeon we found before?"

(That one. The advanced-level dungeon with tree roots covering the entrance!)

(Err... Niisama, I think he means the Dungeon of Entwined Branches*?)

"Ahh, the Dungeon of Entwined Branches, huh~ Oy, the Dungeon of Entwined Branches!?"

(Yes, that! Let's go there!)

""Ohh~""

"Ehh!?"

Joule immediately stated his wish, or rather the place he would like to visit. Allen and Elena raised their voices in agreement.

Still, the Dungeon of Entwined Branches... it matches the direction well, but... that means going out of the country, you know!

Isn't that a little too off the road?

(Erm, if I am not mistaken... we could get there in two or three days?)

... Would these guys be satisfied just by "stopping by"?

"We have decided to go to the town of Kelm, so as expected isn't it too little time to clear an Advanced-level dungeon?"

(You think so~?)

"I do~ one week. Rather, six days. Would you guys be able to stop halfway if I told you we only have six days? It's just that if you want to hunt monsters and gather herbs, there's plenty around the mountain and in the forest, is what I think."

An Advanced-level dungeon is vast, it could take a day to capture a floor. The lower floors would take even longer, so we would be able to finish five floors at most? Well, it will be easy to get plant-based materials there, so I won't object if they really wanted to go there.

(Wow~ this is troubling~)

(I'm fine either way.)

(I will leave the decision to Aniue.)

(I'm fine anywhere as long as I can play!)

(I'm also fine with either.)

Only Joule was hesitating as others were fine with going anywhere.

"What do you want to do, Allen, Elena?"

""N~...——Ah!""

"Wanna meet!"

"Mr. Bird!"

"Nn?"

I was sure the two were pondering whether they wanted to play in the dungeon or in the forest, but Allen and Elena said "Wanna meet Mr. Bird" instead.

(Mr. Bird? By Mr. Bird, do you mean Bolt?)

(Me!?)

Bolt is indeed a bird, but I am sure that's not what they meant.

(Oh my, that's certainly not it. Are they not talking about the Battle Eagles, by any chance?)

""Yeah!""

(Ahh, I see~)

Ah, that reminds me, the Battle Eagles did tell us to come to play again.

(Bird~ bird~... grilled bird on a skewer?)

(Vector, stop it! You can't eat the Battle Eagles!)

(Too bad~)

I felt a bit stuffy hearing Vector and Mile's exchange, but Joule did not seem to object.

"If you are fine with it, how about going to see the Battle Eagles, Joule?"

(Yes, I'm fine with that!)

"Alright! It's decided then."

""Ya~y!""

That being the case, we decided to visit the Battle Eagle valley first.

~

Battle Eagle Valley

We came to the Battle Eagle Valley.

"Pyuru, pyuru~"

When we arrived at the valley, one of the Battle Eagles immediately flew over to us.

It's probably the parent of the eaglet we helped, the Boss-like existence in here. I can't recognize him for sure, but I think I'm correct...

(Aniue, he says: "It has been a while. Thanks for coming.".)

"Hello. We took you up on your words and really came to play."

"Pyuru, pyuru."

("Ou, don't mind it. Enjoy your stay." Is what he said.)

... As I thought, I feel uncomfortable when Bolt starts translating.

"Thank you very much. Is your child doing well? I don't see them around..."

When I looked in the direction where we found the eaglet before, I couldn't find it. What I saw were eaglets that just were born.

"Pyuru, pyuru."

("My boy? He's over there, right over there." Is what he says. A, Aniue, that over there.)

When I looked where the parent and Bolt were pointing to, I could see several Battle Eagles returning.

"Pyui!"

(Aniue, the child at the front must be the eaglet from before~ He's flying over here while shouting "It's Oniichan~".)

"Whoah! That's the eaglet from before?"

""Ohh~! He grew big~""

The eaglet that has totally grown up flew with his own wings.

"Pyui~"

The eaglet... is what it is not anymore, but let's keep using it for convenience. When the eaglet arrived before us, he stopped on my other shoulder, opposite of Bolt.

"You really grew up~"

"Pyui, pyui."

His chirping was still done in the high-pitched, lovely voice, but his feathers have been replaced with new and his body's build became sharp.

"I'm glad you are doing well above all. Were you on a stroll just now?"

"Pyui, pyui."

"You weren't? Then, to have a meal?"

"Pyui!"

The eaglet was gesturing in reaction to my words, so he was very easy to understand.

(Aniue, you are amazing. You are having a proper conversation!)

""Amaz~""

(Oniichan's doing it~)

(As expected of Niisama, right?)

(You are so good, Niichan~ I did not understand a word!)

(Incredible!)

"... It was just a coincidence."

The eaglet was responding with gestures, so I somehow managed to understand, we definitely weren't having a proper conversation.

""Say, say, Onii~chan.""

"What is it?"

"Feathers, you see~"

"So many of them~"

"Ah~... there certainly are many."

""Can we collect?""

It seems that Allen and Elena firmly remember that the feathers of Battle Eagles can be used as materials. We picked up most of the feathers that had fallen here before, but it was full of fallen feathers again, so there were restless to pick the feathers up again. It's not like we came here this time to pick feathers, though~

"Pyuru? Pyurururu~"

(Aniue he's asking: "Feathers? Why would you collect the feathers?". Should I explain to him about the tools humans use?)

"Ah~ yeah. Can I leave it to you, Bolt?"

(Yes, leave it to me.)

The parent eagle tilted his head wonderingly at the children who wanted to collect the feathers.

(Aniue, the Battle Eagles don't use fallen feathers for anything, so you can apparently pick as much as you want.)

""Yay~! Will collect~""

Hearing Bolt's words, Allen and Elena rushed to pick up the feathers.

"It's not like we accepted a request to collect Battle Eagle feathers, though~"

(Isn't it fine? You can't go wrong by stocking up~ Then, I'm going to pick some too~)

(N~ I will go too~)

(Ah, wait for me! I'm going too!)

Joule, Vector, and Mile rushed after Allen and Elena.

(Niisama, how many feathers do you still have from the last time?)

"N? Feathers from last time? The person who placed the request said they wanted as much as possible, so I gave them everything~"

(Is that so? Let's pick up lots then. You won't have to worry about them becoming baggage, after all. I will go too.)

Feat left as well.

I'm the same too, but each and every one of my children has a mania for collecting things, huh.

"I would like you to keep interpreting for me, so I would be glad if you remained, Bolt."

(Yes, I will stay with you, Aniue!)

When I requested Bolt to not go pick feathers with the other children, he acknowledged and nuzzled up against me.

"Pyui."

Then, for some reason, the eaglet nuzzled against me just like Bolt.

"Pii."

"Pyui."

"Piii."

"Pyui, pyui."

The conversation(?) Bolt and the eaglet held was getting quite sharp? Anyhow, they started quarreling.

I was surprised by the unusual behavior of the calm Bolt, but... first of all, I would like them to stop shouting in my ears.

"What is it? What's going on, Bolt?"

(Aniue is my, our Aniue.)

"N? Well, yes. Including Allen and Elena, I am the older brother of Bolt and others. What about it?"

(This child...)

"This child? What about the eaglet?"

(He's trying to snatch you from us~)

"Nn?"

Snatch me? He doesn't mean it in the physical way of meaning, right?

"Sorry, Bolt. I don't understand what you mean quite a bit..."

(This child is saying: "Please hand Aniue over."~)

"Ehh~!?"

I could only voice shock at the unexpected words.

... Still, Thunderhawk is a higher-ranked existence than Battle Eagle. And yet, the eaglet is getting all confident towards Bolt~

And above all, what are you telling me to do, I wonder~

""No way-!!""

"Onii~chan is Allen's!"

"Onii~chan is Elena's!"

Before I could say anything, Allen and Elena who were picking up feathers rushed vigorously back and embraced me. They apparently heard Bolt's words. Ah, Joule and others returned too.

"Pyui!"

""No~""

"Pyui, pyui!"

""No means no~!""

Allen and Elena argued with the eaglet without Bolt's interpretation.

Just what should I do about this~ I could not think of words to say.

"Pyurururu~"

"......... Pii."

At this time, the parent eagle let out the loudest voice yet. At that moment, the eaglet dejectedly hung his head, left from my shoulder and moved to the side of his parent.

(The parent bird said: "Don't be so selfish.". I'm glad~)

He was apparently getting scolded, so I held up Allen and Elena who were uneasily clinging to my legs in my arms.

They have grown recently again~ It's still fine, but it will be difficult to hold them both at once when they grow a little bigger than this.

"Don't want you."

"To leave—"

"Nono, I am not leaving, okay?"

Allen and Elena were sad because of their apparent misunderstanding. I'm not something you can just "snatch" when you like, okay~

""Really?""

"Really. Everything's fine, I have much more time to spend with Allen and Elena. Of course with Joule, Feat, Bolt, Vector, and Mile too."

(Yeah! We will be together!)

(Of course, me too!)

(Me as well!)

"Garu~n."

(Me too!)

Joule and others followed-up on my words.

""Ehehe~""

"Together."

"With everyone~"

Then, hearing the words of Joule and others, a smile finally returned to Allen and Elena's faces.

~

Battle Eagle Valley 2

"That reminds me, have you finished picking up the feathers?"

(Actually, we have managed to collect only a little~)

(But, Allen-chan and Elena-chan are like that, so it won't be possible for them anymore. I will collect them all at once.)

Feat, who judged that Allen and Elena won't be able to continue after seeing their state collected the feathers in one go by using wind magic.

(And we are done! Niisama, how about you store these for now, we can then select the pretty ones when we have time.)

"Hahaha. Thank you, Feat."

I did as told and placed the feathers Feat collected in my Infinite Storage.

Nevertheless, Feat is quite dexterous, isn't she~ To gather only the feathers using magic with pinpoint accuracy, I feel that I won't be able to do the same.

"Pyuru~"

The parent bird apologized: "Sorry about our boy. It seems that he's still just a chick who can't measure the strength of his opponent." while poking the eaglet's head.

(Aniue, he said he has something to give you as an apology.)

"Apology?——Errr... there's no need for something like that?"

(You see, "I say 'apology' but I actually mean something I forgot to give you the last time. I would be happy if you received it." is what he says.)

"Is that so? Then, may I have a look first?"

"Pyuru~"

(It's apparently over there.)

The place the parent bird guided us to was a place slightly further away from the nests.

"These are... magic stones?"

There was a mountain of many little stones. Magic stones of all attributes to be precise.

"You humans use feathers, so you probably use magic stones too, no?" The parent bird asked.

"We certainly have use for them, but..."

Magic stones are indispensable for making magic tools, so I won't lose out on having some on me no matter the amount, and even if I don't use them, they will sell for certain.

(Wow~ there's so many~)

""So many~""

(Truly! So amazing!)

(The wind and earth magic stones make up about 80% while the rest of the magic stones form the remaining 20%.)

(Indeed. Aniue, these are apparently from the monsters they eat. It seems that most of the pelt and bones have decayed, so there's not many left.)

(There's a bit of pelt and bones over there! Is this recent, perhaps?)

A predatory monster's magic stone mountain, huh~ Battle Eagles live in masses, so they would definitely gather many magic stones every mealtime.

"But, haven't you collected these because you like shiny things? I heard that birds like shiny things, no?"

(Yes. I'm the same and the Battle Eagles like shiny things too. However, magic stones are different.)

"Magic stones are different?"

(Yes, the magical power of different races dwell in the magic stones, so they would bring discomfort near the nests.)

"Ah, I see. I get it now."

Magical power certainly dwells within the magic stones. They are wild monsters, so they wouldn't be calm down with the presence of different kinds of monsters nearby. That's why there is a mountain of magic stones away from the nests, huh. The parent bird must be in agreement with Bolt's words as he was nodding firmly to his words.

"If that's the case then I will gladly accept these magic stones."

"Pyururu."

"I will treat you for a meal as compensation, how about it?"

"Pyuru, pyu~!"

"Pyui, pyui!"

(Meal~♪)

Although there was no price for the magic stones, the Battle Eagle parent and child were chirping happily when I said I will treat them for a meal.

Vector got happy too for some reason~

"Now then, what should I make?"

When we returned to the Battle Eagle nests, I immediately started thinking of the menu.

(Meat~!)

When I asked about the menu, I wasn't asking anyone in particular, but Vector vigorously replied.

The Battle Eagle parent and child were nodding in agreement. As expected of birds of prey. Their favorite dish must be meat.

"All right, I got it. A meat dish it is. Then, how about a steak?"

(Garu~n♪)

"Pyururu~"

"Pyui~"

It appears that there won't be any problems by making a steak. It's easy to make so I can take it easy, but I feel that it's too simple. Well, they may like "meat" better than an elaborate dish.

"Then, let's get cooking~"

""Will help~""

"Thank you, Allen, Elena. How about you distribute the steaks I finish cooking?"

""Yea!""

I grilled not only the steak but also veggies, so the menu turned into a barbecue party, which got everyone in high spirits.

The lively party did not end when the children fell asleep, but continued even after the dawn.

"Yawn~..."

In the end, I pulled an all-nighter.

I am Syl's retainer and was given a healthy body, so there would be apparently no problems if I didn't go to sleep, but I basically have sleeping hours on daily basis. Therefore, even if there were no problems physically, I feel sleepy.

(Oniichan, are you okay?)

"N? I'm fine. How about you, Joule? You have not slept much, have you?"

Vector was fast asleep after stuffing his belly, Feat acted as Allen and Elena's cushion, and I put Bolt and Mile to bed together with the children.

In the meanwhile, Joule stayed awake with me to associate with the Battle Eagles.

(Me? I'm fine. I would have no problems continued for two or three more days!)

"Well~... I would like to be spared from continuing for two or three more days.)

(Hahaha~ Oniichan, I was just saying it. Don't make such an unwilling face at me.)

"I know, but... I feel tired just by thinking about it."

Even if my physical condition is fine, my willpower certainly isn't.

(The Battle Eagles were frolicking all night, after all~ It was fun, but the excitement was way too much~)

Most of the Battle Eagles are about to doze off from partying too much.

While talking to Joule, the parent bird who looked like he would fall asleep at any moment flew over.

"Pyuru, pyu~"

"Thank you for today. We will be leaving when the children wake up, but will it be safe for you guys?"

Feat and others are already awake, so the twins will surely wake up soon as well. Therefore, when I informed the parent bird of our departure, he puffed up his chest as if saying "It will be fine" proudly.

(Good morning, Aniue. Their lookout is set up properly, so they will apparently be fine.)

"Is that so? As expected, there's no place for blunders in that regard."

(Yes, they are wild monsters, after all."

The majority look sleep-deprived, but there are apparently some that aren't.

""... Uniyu~""

"Allen, Elena, are you awake? Let's say goodbye to everyone before they fall asleep."

Allen and Elena came to my side while rubbing their eyes, but they looked taken aback once they heard the words "goodbye".

"See you~"

"Will come to play again~"

"Pyururu."

After saying our goodbyes and finishing preparations, we left the Battle Eagle Valley.

~

To Kelm

(I can see the town~) Joule

""Arrived~""

After meeting with the Battle Eagles, we arrived at the town of Kelm after enjoying gathering and hunting monsters in the forest for a few days.

(Aniue, there are people from now on, aren't there?) Bolt

(Then, Niisama, this is as far as we can go.) Feat

(We arrived, huh~ I wanted to run some more, but it can't be helped~) Vector

(Takumi Nii, call us immediately were something to happen, okay?) Mile

"Thank you, everyone. I will call you again when it's time to play."

Although I told those we are close with about the existence of Joule and others, I did not disclose it to the general public yet, so I decided to thank everyone before returning them to the shadows.

""See you again~""

(See you soon, Allen, Elena.) Vector

(Allen-chan, Elena-chan, make sure to be good kids.) Feat

(Feat, the two are always good kids.) Bolt

(Oh my, I know that. However, you have to caution them just in case.) Feat

(That's true too. Allen, Elena, be careful not to injure yourselves.) Bolt

(That's is also important. Also, make sure to take care of your physical condition.) Feat

(Also, let's see...) Bolt

(Isn't that enough already? Allen, Elena, see you again~) Joule

(True! See you again!) Mile

Everyone had words to say to Allen and Elena before returning to the shadows, but Feat and Bolt were especially worried about the children.

""Onii~chan!""

"N? What is it?"

"Allen will be fine!"

"Elena will be fine too!"

"Eh?"

""Will be a good child!""

"Ah! Yes, I know that you guys are good children!"

Allen and Elena must have been concerned about what was said. They insisted that they are "good children" so when I told them that I know, they showed the faces of relief.

"Then, let's make our way to the town?"

""Yeah!""

We safely arrived in the town.

I thought there would be many shops selling ores because it was a mining town, but that didn't seem to be the case as I looked around.

"What's the matter, brother?"

A gate guard noticed that I was tilting my head in puzzlement and called out to me.

"I thought there would be more blacksmiths around, you see~"

"Oh, so it's about that? As you thought, there are more blacksmiths here than in ordinary towns. Most of the stores are on the other side of the market in the North."

"Heeh~ So it's divided into districts?"

"Yeah, the blacksmiths are banging on the metals all day, plus the heat is unbearable."

"I see, I can fully understand now that you say it."

"Right?"

I asked the very easy-to-talk to gate guard about the inn he recommends and where the Adventurer's Guild is.

"Now then, Allen, Elena. Shall we show our faces at the Adventurer's Guild first?"

""Guild~?""

"Yep. Let's sell some materials we found on the way first. We were requested to by Andy-san, weren't we?"

Allen and Elena declared ""Will work hard~"" to Andy-san, so they defeated a lot of monsters and gathered many herbs.

"... You are Takumi, aren't you?"

"N?——Huh? Rudolf-san?"

My name was called immediately after entering the Adventurer's Guild's building, so when I looked towards the direction the voice came from, I saw Rudolph-san standing there with a very surprised face.

"Long time no see, Takumi."

"It truly has been a while. How are you doing?"

Rudolph-san is A-rank adventurer and a leader of an adventurer party called "Dragon Breath", he's someone that accompanied us with the Knights Order on the expedition to the Gaya Forest in Shirin.

Rudolph-san's party seemed to leave Shirin immediately after the expedition finished, so we had not the opportunity to talk since returning from the expedition. The expedition happened right after I came to this world, so... it's been more than half a year?

"Ou, I'm good. I heard about it, Takumi. You have become an A-ranker."

"It's all thanks to your support, Rudolph-san."

"I saw that you had the ability, after all."

When Rudolph-san approached, he patted my head for some reason.

Not Allen or Elena, but me. Why~?

"W, wait, Rudolph-san, we are gathering a lot of attention on us~..."

The deed of Rudolph-san patting a stranger man's (adult) head would naturally attract the attention of the adventurers inside the guild. Of course, the guild staff also stared at us with shocked expressions.

"N? Ah, don't mind it."

Although I tried to tell Rudolph-san to stop patting my head in a roundabout way, he didn't stop.

Don't mind it, he said!! Nono, you would normally mind it, right? Once you become A-ranker, do you stop minding other people's gazes!?

"Rudolph-san, what are you doi...——Oh my, Takumi-san?"

There, a member of Rudolph-san's party came over... Iris-san, was it?

"Zack, Gilm, this is great! Takumi-san is here!"

And then, Iris-san noticed me and called the other two members of the party in a loud voice.

"What did you say, Iris? Who is Takumi again?"

"Oi, oi, Zack, was that supposed to be a joke? To forget such an impressive person, just how dull is that head of yours?"

"Shuddup, Gilm!——Huh, so it's this Takumi! There's no way I would forget a fellow like that. I just couldn't remember his name, that's all!"

All of Rudolph-san's party gathered and it became lively at once.

"Gee~ you two are too loud. Err... You are Allen-kun and Elena-chan, right? How have you been? Do you still remember me?"

""Yea.""

""Onee~chan.""

"Who."

"Healed us."

"Yeah, yeah. I am glad you still remember~"

"Not good."

"At cooking."

""Onee~chan.""

"......"

"""Puh..."""

It seems that Allen and Elena remember even the bad things as they properly reported.

Iris-san was silenced by the children's words while Rudolph-san, Zack-san, and Gilm-san were laughing with their faces averted.

"T, the pipsqueaks have a wonderful memory, don't they~"

"Geez~ Allen-kun, Elena-chan! You can forget that part!"

""Forget~?""

"Yes! Forget it!"

""N~... might not be possible~?""

"Eehhh!?"

"""Puh."""

Iris-san was at a loss for words because of the children and Rudolph-san and the other two burst into laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 148 131
In The Kingdom of Elves, the War of Gods 1000 years ago caused the fall of the World Tree. In a world where true gods rule, the fall of the elven civ...
63.6K 1.7K 100
Reminder: The exposure story is basically over. Next, there is no knife and no poison. You can rest assured that Qin Menglan, Qin Qianqian, and Qin X...
13.9K 420 11
"A baby girl was born!" Ah, seriously. I didn't want to be reborn anymore because I always had a terrible life! I started my 100th life again. But th...
23.3K 319 61
Lin Qingyin's body is a little green fox who has only cultivated to become a spirit, and she is born with a charming fragrance. After traveling to th...