Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising...

By SheijiHiei

『I'm terribly sorry...』 A god was suddenly prostrating in front of Kayano Takumi. He was apparently killed by... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 4

167 4 0
By SheijiHiei

First Shopping

A day after returning from the expedition, we were leisurely spending time in the inn's room.

Therefore, I decided to confirm my status which I did not see for a while.

=====

=====

My level increased considerably, and my skill proficiencies rose too.

A new entry, "Contracted Beasts" appeared.

And, strangely, I have obtained "Water Magic".

Because its proficiency is not in the single digits, I think it means that I didn't learn it naturally, but it's something that I was given. It's not something the Wind God Syl could give me directly, but I think he somehow has his hands in it.

Speaking of Water Magic, it's something Allen and Elena have, but never learned how to use it.

But, unlike the advanced knowledge about Wind Magic that was implemented into me, I have little to no knowledge about Water Magic...

In the first place, because all the knowledge about the use of magic was implemented, I have no idea how to teach them.

Would they sell magic books in the bookstores? Let's look for a bookstore later.

""O~ne, two~, three~, fo~ur, five~ ......... ten!""

I put the teaching of magic aside for now and taught Allen and Elena numbers.

"Yes, well done. This is a copper coin. What goes after 10 copper coins?"

""This!""

"Correct~"

""Ehehe~""

In the beginning, I thought it would be nice if I could teach them to count up to 100, but the two learned it just like that.

Therefore, I greedily taught them to count up to 10,000♪

And then, I lined up coins by ten side by side, 10 Copper coins, 10 Large Copper coins...... first of all, I taught them about five kind of coins.

"Then, next is 54G."

""N, this......... here!""

"Correct~"

""Yay~""

When I ask for a specific amount, Allen and Elena correctly count and present me with 5 Large Copper coins and 4 Copper coins.

They were nervously presenting the coins at first, but they got the gist of it after doing it several times, and now they have confident expressions.

When I pat their heads while saying "You did well", the two look very happy.

Seriously adorable!!

"Then, if I shopped for 26G with this?"

""N, umm...... this!""

I only taught them about five kinds of coins, but they accurately grasped their value.

Therefore, this time, I handed them a Silver coin and asked them to return me the correct amount. The two correctly returned me 7 Large Copper coins and 4 Copper coins.

Not only addition, but they are also able to subtract. Aren't they amazing?

If they were able to come this far, putting it into practice follows, right?

◇ ◇ ◇

"Allen, Elena. Is there something you want to buy?"

We went to the shopping street at once.

The store we went to first deals in dried food. They are selling the dried fruits Allen and Elena often eat for snacks.

The shop assistant is a middle-aged woman, and because this woman always looks at Allen and Elena with gentle gaze when we are here, I have decided on this shop to be Allen's and Elena's first shopping place.

"Welcome. Have you found what you want?"

Sure enough, the woman matched the children's eyes and picked up the jar with products, so it's easier to see.

"Can you show what you want and say 'Please', Allen?"

"Yea! This! Please!"

Allen says while pointing at an apricot-like dried fruit in the jar.

"Yes. Shuri fruit, is it? How many would you like?"

"Umm......... five!"

After Allen was asked about the number of pieces he wanted, he glanced at me first, so I showed him "5" with my palm. Then, Allen correctly answered the woman with the right number.

"5 pieces, is it? That will cost you 75G."

"Urmm...... here!"

"Oh? ...... My! It's accurate! How admirable~"

The woman got surprised the moment Allen took out the money. She then looked at me, and I nodded at her with the meaning of the request. My meaning seemed to have conveyed properly, as she faced Allen right away.

Allen took out coins from his pouch and handed them to the woman. The woman received the money, got surprised that the amount was right and praised Allen.

"Next is Elena, okay?"

"Yup! Elena, this! Please!"

"Yes. Riigo fruit. How many would you like?"

"Five!"

Elena who could observe the exchange between the woman and Allen had a smoother time.

"Yes. Then, that makes 60G.""

"Ummm...... here!"

"Yes. That's just right. How admirable~"

The woman also praised Elena well.

It really helps she praised them equally.

""We did it~?""

"Yeah. You did really well~ Admirable, admirable."

Because the two clung to me after storing the dried fruit in their pouches, I patted their heads a lot.

"Thank you very much for going along."

When I thank the woman who helped Allen and Elena with their first shopping, the woman said "Don't worry about it".

Together with the thanks, I bought some dried fruit, nuts, spices and fine powders in a reasonable amount.

We went to the bookstore next.

Although the objective is to purchase books related to magic, I also need to buy some novels.

I haven't read anything since arriving at Aetherdia. I read dozens of novels a month back on Earth, so I'm already missing it.

The paper is also produced on Aetherdia, so it's quite inexpensive. Because of that, the books are sold at a reasonable price.

A paper is a high-class item, and books are luxuries! I'm glad it wasn't that kind of pattern.

Good amount of books is displayed on the bookshelves.

Books about magic, medicinal plants, monster books with pictures and their special traits, poetry, and scriptures. Of course, there are also many in the novels genre. Well~ most of the contents of the stories are about adventures and love, though.

After looking around the shop for a while, I found "Magic Basics" "List of Incantations", these two books.

Not necessary for me, but I thought it would be easier to explain to Allen and Elena, so I brought encyclopedias like "Complete Works of Plants" "Complete Works of Monsters" and returned to the inn.

~

"Takumi-san!"

We visit the Adventurer's Guild today. It's to complete the procedures required for us to receive the Gaya Forest expedition request reward.

Risner-sama said to come to the guild to receive the reward the other day.

When we enter the building, Luna-san jumps out from behind the counter.

"Luna-san? What's the matter?"

"I was waiting for you!! Now then, let's go to the Guild Master! Hey, quickly! Allen-kun, Elena-chan too, come quickly."

""!! Onii~chan~""

Guild Master?

While not understanding, Luna-san drags me deeper into the guild and takes me to the Guild Master's office. Allen and Elena trot after me while confused.

"Master, Takumi-san has arrived so I brought him."

"Ah, come in."

When Luna-san knocked at the door and stated her business, she immediately received a response from the other side.

When I opened the door, I saw a man with gray hair sitting on the front office desk. The man stands from his chair and shows us inside.

"I work as the Master of Shirin's Adventurer's Guild. Johann is my name."

"I'm Takumi Kayano. These children are Allen and Elena. It's nice to meet you."

This man is the Guild Master. He seems to know about me, but I introduced myself just in case.

The Guild Master urges us to sit on a sofa in the middle of the room. I sit on the sofa as told, Allen and Elena sit on both of my sides.

"....... This man? He doesn't seem like it...... However, if Ruven-dono and Rudolph-dono are saying so, it can't be wrong......"

Wald-sama and Rudolph-san?

While I let Allen and Elena sit down on the sofa, the Guild Master mutters something to himself. I wasn't able to hear properly, but the two's names came up, right?

"...... Umm?"

"Oh no, I was told leaving your rank as is would be foolish. However, you don't look that strong to me......"

It appears that the business was about a rank up.

Which reminds me, Wald-sama and Rudolph-san were talking about something like that in the Gaya Forest. The talk went quite quickly......

And then, the Guild Master looks directly at me and states bluntly.

"Don't think badly of me. I have initially raised to the post of Guild Master by doing secretary work, I don't know much about fighting. But, seeing adventurers for so long I have developed an eye for strong individuals, but...... unlike the other adventurers I have seen before...... I don't understand well..."

To adventurers, being told "You don't look that strong" is something that would make them angry.

Actually, since my neurons were destroyed once before......

Therefore, the Guild Master's standard for judging adventurers can't be applied to me.

Also, the aura of the strong? Is it because I don't have something like that?

At any rate, I didn't go through the "getting stronger little by little" process, so it's impossible to have that.

"...... Well, your real ability was without a doubt endorsed by those two. I intend to make you an A-Rank."

"Eeh? A-Rank!?"

I thought it would be C-Rank, but A-Rank?

To be honest, I got so surprised a strange voice left my mouth.

"What about examination and such?"

"There's no problem since Ruven-dono and Rudolph-dono confirmed your ability. You have defeated Bloody Wolves and Evil Viper, right?"

You have completely given up your judgment of me not looking that strong, didn't you...... is it okay to rank up that easily?

Whether it is nobility and captain of the Knight Wald-sama or Rudolph-san who is a high-rank adventurer who guaranteed my ability, it is, after all, information from someone else. But, if the Guild Master accepted it so quickly, he must trust those two quite a lot.

"So, an A-Rank?"

"The Guild Master's authority can grant rank only up to A-Rank. Approval of several Guild Masters is needed for S-Rank, so that's indeed impossible for me."

It's the opposite, opposite! I was uneasy because my rank raised too much!

Nobody can complain about not becoming an S-Rank!

"According to what I heard, those children are also strong. What do you want to do?"

"...... What to do?"

"I can also give rank to these children, but if children like that receive a high rank it will most likely have the opposite effect. But, if they at E-Rank you won't be able to accept high-rank requests because your party will stay at a low level."

Ah, indeed.

Because the members' average rank determines the party rank, the party rank at this rate would be "D" I think?

It's not a problem for me, but if the Guild needed me to take a request I would be able to......

He asked for our convenience rather than going straight for the profit first.

Chirari, when I glance at Allen and Elena, they obediently sit while smiling at me. They are not alerted at all.

It's no doubt that this Guild Master is a good person.

In that case, let's compromise.

"I'm okay without raising the rank of the two, but...... if it's a problem for the guild how about increasing their rank to D?"

"Fumu~ If that's the case...... the party rank would be C? That is reasonable......"

If Allen and Elena become D-Rank, the party rank will become C. It's possible to receive requests that are one rank higher, in other words, B-Rank requests. A-Rank requests are very rare, so we will be able to receive almost every requests.

"Mm. Well then, let's finish the procedure."

◇ ◇ ◇

We left the office of the Guild Master, went to the counter to update the Guild Card, and received the reward which was our original purpose of coming here.

When everything was over, Luna-san looked at me with sparkling eyes as if she was expecting something.

"Now then, Takumi-san!"

"Umm...... what is it?"

Did Luna-san and I make some kind of a promise?

"Materials, the materials~! Please sell me the materials from Gaya Forest~ I have received info from Rudolph-san that Takumi-san has a lot in his possession!"

"Ah, so it's about that."

"That's right! I have waited for Takumi-san's arrival!"

It seems that she marked the Gaya Forest materials. Indeed, Luna-san said something like "Please get a lot".

I have several Red Wolves and Bloody Wolves so it may not be a bad idea to sell them.

And then some medicinal plants? Allen and Elena worked hard and got a lot, so it may be alright to sell some?

"Should I take them out here?"

"Ah! That's right, sorry. But, it's okay! I have secured the biggest warehouse that will even fit the Evil Viper! I will lead you there right away~"

Luna-san knew I have Evil Viper in my possession. Did you hear that from Rudolph-san too......

Ah, that's right, I'm in charge of looking after the Evil Viper, but the Knights and the other three adventurer parties gave up their rights. Indeed, I refrained from receiving a whole corpse of an A-Rank monster, but...... I was ignored.

Therefore, the whole Evil Viper eventually became ours.

"Over here."

We were taken to the Guild's largest warehouse. Certainly, if it's this place, it will fit if straight, but it will be pretty close if the body bends.

Luna-san contacted the dismantling staff beforehand. They are full of motivation.

But, there's something I have to check first.

"I'd like the Evil Viper's skin for our protective skin, but..."

Because I felt like it's not needed, we didn't use protective gear until now.

A normal shirt and pants with some magic tool accessories are what I usually use.

Allen and Elena are the same.

However, after Allen and Elena received an attack, I started thinking it may not be that bad to use it.

Heavy armor is not possible, but leather breastplate, gauntlets and such would be good. Also, strong boots that suit Allen's and Elena's fighting style.

But think that the Evil Viper's skin is ideal for that.

"Ngu! Not all of it, right!? You will sell us a bit, right!?"

When I tell that I'm unwilling to sell the Evil Viper skin, Luna-san goes into a panic.

"Is there something?"

"To tell the truth...... the Merchant Guild who caught the rumors are persistently contacting us."

Ah, so it's something like that. They probably heard from the Knights or the adventurers that were with us. They probably contacted the Adventurer's Guild immediately after that.

It seems they are eager for profit.

"It's large, after all. Of course, I won't be needing everything, I will properly sell."

"Really! Thank you very much!"

Rudolph-san said that Evil Viper's blood is precious. I retrieve the corpse from the Infinite Storage.

"Whoa~" "... So big" "Amazing!"

Seeing the Evil Viper's body, the entranced staff in the warehouse leak voices of amazement.

"Hey! Everyone, stop staring blankly and begin to work!"

The staff came to their senses after hearing Luna-san and start working on the Evil Viper.

Although Evil Viper's skin is very hard when it's alive, it's quite easier to handle once it died. That being said, it would still be impossible without special Mithril knives and good strength.

"Because the dismantling takes time, should we talk about the sale in the meantime? The dismantled materials will be held in the Guild's warehouse, will you come for it tomorrow?"

"I understand. Also, I would like to sell this too, please."

Red Wolf, Bloody Wolf, Giant Boar, Great Monkey. Also medicinal plants. It was not everything I have, but I take out what I thought would be good to sell from the《Infinite Storage》.

They are not all from the Gaya Forest, but they came from Aetherdia, so there shouldn't be a problem?

"Kya―――――!!!"

Luna-san who saw the goods I took out screams in joy.

~

"I'm sorry, I lost it a bit...... Ah, right, right. Takumi-san, the Head of the Woodworking Department of the Craftsman Guild said that he wanted to see you."

Luna-san whose sanity has returned suddenly recalls something.

The Craftsmen Guild is as the name suggest a guild where craftsmen register, in other words, a commercial and industrial organization.

Woodworking Department――Craftsmen specializing in wood processing such as carpenters and furniture craftsmen.

Blacksmithing Department――Craftsmen specializing in a metal processing of weapons, armors, cooking utensils and such.

Cooking Department――Craftsmen specializing in food such as bakers and chefs.

Medical Department――Craftsmen specializing in medical treatment such as therapists and pharmacists.

―― And so on. There are much more various departments.

It's a place to regulate and share information, to arrange work and disciples, and to create connections between craftsmen.

"Craftsmen Guild wants to see me?"

"Yes. Takumi-san brought large trees from the Gaya Forest, right? I think they probably want to buy those from you......"

"........."

Luna-san...... You know even about the trees that I have knocked down and collected? Moreover, it's not only known to the Adventurer's Guild, but even the Craftsmen Guild knows of it?

Evil Viper, trees...... just how much information do you have...... Although it's not regulated, don't you know way too much? It has only been a day since then you know?

I left the adventurer guild and decided to head towards the craftsman guild while dropping my shoulders at the information leak.

"I would like to meet the Head of the Woodworking Department, but."

"Do you have an appointment?"

When I inform the receptionist Oneesan of the Craftsmen Guild, she looks at me with a dubious expression.

If an unfamiliar person suddenly visits and wants to talk with the Department Head without an appointment, you might be suspicious, but this is too much in the face.

"No, I have received a message that the Department Head would like to see me."

"May I inquire about your name, please?"

"Ah, excuse me. It's Takumi Kayano."

"I'm sorry. I have heard the story. I will call the Department Head. Can you wait a moment?"

"Yes, I understand."

When I tell her my name, the receptionist's mood completely changed and she apologized.

It seems she was informed beforehand about my visit.

"Is that Takumi Kayano-dono!"

As soon as the receptionist left her seat, a large man appeared.

Zeezee, he gasps for breath, just how much were you hurrying!?

"Yes, that's right. eh... um, are you the Head of the Woodworking Department?"

"Ah! Excuse me. I'm the Head of the Woodworking Department Galion. It's too quick, but!! Gaya Forest's large tree! You have it, right!?"

"...... Yes."

It is about selling the large tree from the Gaya Forest after all. He's leaning forward, almost falling down. It was to the extent I unconsciously took a step back.

Trees from Gaya Forest seem to be excellent materials. Besides being able to make furniture without seams because it's so big, it contains magical power so it's possible to grant it fireproof magic.

Goods made from these trees are apparently all sold at high price.

But, as we know, Gaya Forest is a dangerous forest. Even when cutting down the trees around the forest, you don't know when a demon appears, so you must not be negligent and hire an escort. Besides, cutting down the trees is a challenge itself. Besides, carrying it back is an equal difficulty.

Therefore, it's not something craftsmen secure on their own, but it's something that the Craftsmen Guild desperately needs.

Yep, that's what the department Head-san told me in excitement.

I don't care about it anymore. I won't understand anymore technical talk!

Of course, I have no use of it, so I agreed to sell. After I had placed the trees in the storehouse, the department Head-san was going to begin to talk again, so I quickly received my money excused myself.

The enthusiasm was conveyed, but I am somewhat tired......

◇ ◇ ◇

"Hello."

After leaving the Craftsmen Guild, I visited the『Gold Wheat's Shop』.

Ünexpectedly, long time no see? The last time I came was before conquering the dungeon.

"Ou, Takumi......"

"Huh, you look somehow down? There are also no products even though it's just past afternoon?"

Road-san's complexion was bad at first glance. In addition, there were no products lined on the shelves. There should be many products lined up with customers lining up until the evening, but......

What happened?

"Road-san?"

"No...... you see......"

Road-san begins to speak in a small voice.

His story was like this――

This noble coerced him "Sell the Cream bread" by using his power.

Road-san didn't defy and made Cream bread with all ingredients he had left.

It seems to have ended at that time.

However, that noble told him to teach him the Cream bread's recipe next. Naturally, Road-san didn't respond to that.

A recipe is cook's treasure. It's not something that could be given out so easily.

Besides, I was the one who taught him the Cream bread recipe so it's not something he could teach others on his own.

Is he too loyal or what should I say...... Road-san is an extremely diligent craftsman. But, I have good feelings about Road-san because he's like that.

After declining him, the noble started making an uproar "They stole our secret recipe" this time. Furthermore, he pressured other stores not to sell the wheat flour which is always necessary for a bakery to "Gold Wheat's Shop".

If there is no flour, he can't make bread.

――Because of that, he had no choice and suspended the business.

What a dirty thing to do!

"If you told the Cream bread recipe, the opponent would pull back, but telling him obediently would be unpleasant...... Road-san. I'd like to investigate for a bit, could you wait for a few days?"

"Of course, I have no objections. It would be annoying just to give up after resisting this much. Rather, sorry for taking your time."

"Please don't mind it. I'm not unrelated to this matter either."

Speaking of which, it's my fault for teaching Road-san.

Besides, I don't like people who use such dirty means. I feel like beating him up.

Hm? It's okay, I won't beat him up physically. I can do it though if it's the present me. But, because the opponent is a noble, I would most likely become a criminal?

"Ah, right. I almost forgot. I would like a bit larger amount of bread made, would that be alright? I will be using the ingredients I have at me."

"Ah, I don't mind. I'm free anyway."

"Then, I would like this please."

I retrieve the necessary ingredients from the Infinite Storage, hand over the paper with number and types of bread to Road-san and left the store after saying I will come tomorrow again.

Now then, let's start with collecting information!

~

The name of the noble who is applying pressure on Road-san is a baron from Guardia called Gilbert.

The mastermind unexpectedly became apparent. I went to the store where Road-san usually buys ingredients, and when I asked the shop assistant, he answered me. Plainly.

The person in the shop didn't want to do it, but『I couldn't go against a noble. I'm really sorry to Road-san』he said.

"Oi! Those kids!!"

I was loitering around the shopping street and thinking "What to do?" about Baron Gilbert. All of sudden, a man shouts from behind me.

Allen and Elena got startled and hid behind me.

"Do you need something from the children?"

"Those fellows are my goods!"

"........."

...... What is this guy in the middle of the road talking?

When I appraised him, his occupation is Slave Trader. Slaves may be goods for a slave trader, but does he walk down the street and point at people making them his goods? How rude!

From his behavior, he must be the slave trader who was attacked near the Gaya Forest. He's the one who must have ran away while using Allen and Elena as a decoy.

Though I heard they were half destroyed, this fellow was all right. What a lucky guy!

Rather, he still was in this town...... no, is it different? Has he been attacked on the way to his base?

Well, where this guy's base is at, is unrelated to me, though.

"These children are my younger siblings. Could you please stop saying such rude things?"

"There's no way I would mistake such distinctive kids! I will have you return them to me."

They are not slaves, they have names which are Allen and Elena, and in the first place, speaking about "returning" them is funny.

Even if what the slave trader says is true, it's also true that he "threw them away" while using as a decoy. He has no right to claim himself as their owner. It's only a false charge.

"Could you stop joking around?"

"Shut up! Hand them over at once!!"

"........."

I want to smash him up immediately.

But, if I do that here, he would definitely make an even bigger fuss of it.

I desperately suppress my impulse because I understand that it's a bad move.

"Oi, what is this fuss!"

The town patrol seems to have noticed the uproar.

The curious spectators have gathered around us.

"Just at the right time. It's a thief! This fellow has stolen my goods! Please arrest him!!"

The guards alternate their gazes between the slave trader and me.

"...... Is that the truth?"

"No, I did not do such a thing."

Since the patrolling guard asked, I flatly denied it.

But you see~, a person who stole something wouldn't usually obediently confess "I stole it", wouldn't he? Did you make a mistake in the confirmation method?

Well, if I was arrested without being asked first, it would be a poorly mistaken arrest.

"Have you heard what goods that person said I stole from him? And by looking at this situation, do you really think it's true?"

"......... What are the stolen goods?"

"These children!!"

"".........""

The curious onlookers look with disgust at the uselessly screaming slave trader. Allen and Elena clung to me, hiding even further.

The patrolling guards look at the frightened children hiding behind me and then look with dubious gazes at the slave trader. From the 3rd person view, it must seem like the slave trader has picked a fight with me. Actually, that's true.

"Where's the proof? Please show the proof that these children are your shop's slaves. I will say it beforehand, but these children don't have a slave crest, you know?"

A crest is engraved on the bodies of slaves with Contract Magic which makes the slaves not being able to defy their master. If it's not there, it means that Allen and Elena are not slaves.

Children who escaped on their own would have a crest carved on their bodies.

It costs money to apply Contract Magic. It's this fellow's fault for being a miser.

"The slave trade", the trade of people is authorized in this country. And there are two kinds of slaves. Crime slaves and Debt slaves.

Crime slaves, as the name suggests are people who committed a crime. They are forcibly sent to mines where they have to do manual labor while strictly monitored.

The other one, Debt slaves are people who couldn't return borrowed money and those who sold themselves. If they can pay off their principal, they will be released.

They are used as a workforce, but their human rights are guaranteed. Therefore, there's an obligation to provide meals and minimum necessities of life.

But, owners who treat them like products, not following the responsibility to protect them, and make them do criminal acts are never ceasing. This trader is one of those.

The patrolling guards and the curious onlookers realize that and look at the slave trader with cold eyes.

"If it's the shop assistant of my shop, he can provide the proof!"

"If you tell that to your shop assistant, it will become an order. It won't be proof."

It's easy making things convenient for yourself.

Rather, this must be a daily routine for this fellow.

"Even if it's the truth that these children resemble the children from your shop, it's not restricted only to these children, right? You are a criminal who kidnaps children. Weren't the children slaves in your shop actually kidnapped?"

The patrols and the onlookers hold their breath at my words. I hear『Surely not』from here and there.

With the interaction so far, it has become "It wouldn't be strange if true".

"Let us hear a more detailed story back at the station."

"What have you said!?"

The patrol restricts the slave trader and drags him off.

"I would like to hear your side of the story too, but......"

"I don't want to go to the same place as the trader. The children are frightened."

I didn't feel the obligation to go to the station with the guards, so I refused. The patrol guard seemed to understand and didn't force me to go.

But, I told him my name in case something comes up.

The patrol leaves, the onlookers scatter, I hold Allen and Elena in my arms and immediately leave the place.

""Onii~chan......""

"Everything's all right. I will be with you as long as Allen and Elena want to stay by my side."

""Yeah......""

When I reassure Allen and Elena who were full of anxiety, they clung to my arms even stronger.

After gathering information again, I have learned more things.

I have heard from the curious onlookers I have asked "With the noble backing him up, he does as he pleases" or "Recently influential", although on the level of rumors, the people at the shopping street knew quite a bit.

That slave trader――his Gist Company is supported by Baron Gilbert behind the scenes. The very same person who pressured the "Gold Wheat's Shop".

Again!? I almost tsukkomi'd in a loud voice.

Baron Gilbert apparently came to this town in order to purchase slaves.

Moreover, aren't they talking about "children twins"?

Baron Gilbert apparently came to this town thinking he would be able to obtain them and then flew into a rage when he didn't found them at the store. I heard that from the people who passed by the store.

That's why the fuss from a while ago.

Because the children that he used to save himself suddenly appeared in front of him, he was going to obtain them whatever it takes.

It seems that those fellows are opponents who I have to crush with all my strength.

~

"Alen, Elena. Good morning."

"".........""

Since yesterday, Allen and Elena would never move away from me.

And when I told them good morning today, the two looked at me with dispirited expressions without speaking. They have reverted to their original state they were in when I found them.

That slave trader really did it now!! I will absolutely not let him off!!

I have to prepare one ticket to hell for him......... fufufu...

First, I visit the Adventurer's Guild and finish our business.

I secure several tens meters of Evil Viper's skin and 100kg of its meat and sell the rest to the guild.

When the material such as Bloody Wolves was added, it was a significant sum of money. Even a Platinum coin was mixed in.

I kept half of the money on me and deposited the rest in the guild's deposit.

Next stop is the Knights branch.

A messenger from the Knight's came to the Inn yesterday evening telling me to visit the Knights next day. It seems to be about Sajesh.

This is convenient, so I went.

"―――And that's it."

First, Risner-sama reports about the matter.

Sajesh has been punished by two weeks of house arrest and three months of being demoted to an apprentice.

It's much stricter punishment than I thought. Although it's only three months, it will be probably hard to work as an apprentice.

"That's all from us. So, Takumi, what's wrong?"

Because I conveyed to the messenger yesterday that I would like to consult with Wald-sama about something, he asks me immediately after the report is finished.

"Actually......――"

First, I spoke about the problem with the slave trader.

As Allen and Elena are orphans, Wald-sama has guaranteed me last time that I'm their guardian. Therefore, it would be better to get the troubles out of my chest beforehand, right?

I mean, although the slave trader was taken to the station yesterday, there will definitely not be enough evidence. I don't think he will give up on the children that easily. He will definitely show up again.

And then, I explain what happened with the Gold's Wheat Shop and Baron Gilbert.

I ask them about what to do since the opponent is a noble. Well, in this area, I don't rely on Wald-sama, but Risner-sama instead.

Would it be possible to cooperate? I had such plan.

Well, my intentions to let someone else take care of them.

I mean, this is a case where I have to smash someone up without directly touching them, right? If it would be directly, Allen and Elena would definitely come into contact with those fellows.

I don't want them to be affected by those fellows anymore. While that may be true, I have no intentions of leaving the twins.

There is no value in leaving the children behind in order to interfere with those fellows.

Therefore―――take care of them!

Those fellows! Are definitely! Committing crimes.

Therefore, let's crush them with a frontal attack!

"I see... if it's about that, there's a more suitable person for that than us. Let's head over there."

Risner-sama who heard the story urges us to move.

"Excuse me."

"Oh? Isaac, huh. What's the matter? ... N? This is?"

"He's Takumi Kayano-san."

"Oh! You are! I see, I see, I'm glad you came. Please sit down."

We leave Wald-sama's room, and Risner-sama guides me to a room with a friendly man in his thirties and another man also in his thirties who hadn't spoken yet.

"Takumi-san. This is the Commander and Commander's advisor."

"...... I am glad to meet you. I'm Takumi Kayano......"

"Commander is son of Lauren House the feudal lord governing this territory."

"Derrick Lauren. There are several people of Lauren house in this town, so Derrick is alright."

The destination was the office of the commander of the Knights of Shirin.

The friendly man is Derrick Lauren. He's the most important person of the Knights of Shirin and the Lauren House's second son. Because his older brother was assigned to manage the territory, Derrick-sama became a Knight.

The second man is Philip Callan-sama. Commander's advisor. Not a vice-commander, but he seems to be in charge of administrative work.

Risner-sama has brought me to an incredible place, huh...... tell me beforehand, please.

After the short introductions, I explained my business to the two.

"Fumu, I see. Alright, we will investigate!"

"Eh?"

Derrick-sama takes it in quickly.

It was too unexpected I let out a weird noise.

"Although I have asked you for help, is it alright for you to agree that easily?"

"You took care of my subordinates. Besides......"

When Derrick-sama glances at Callan-sama, Callan-sama clears his throat and starts explaining.

"Information about Baron Gilbert has been reported to the Knights before. He apparently does what he pleases, and reports are coming from here and there, the problems don't run out」

"There are rumors about that house behaving strangely lately."

"Yes. No special goods are coming from Baron Gilbert which should be covered by taxation, yet he's lavishly buying various luxurious products. Hearing Takumi-dono's story, his relation with the slave trader is suspicious."

"A lot of dust is likely to come out when you hit it, huh......"

"Yes. And in large quantities at that......"

Apparently, there are a lot of things Baron Gilbert is guilty of that I don't know yet.

Nevertheless, Risner-sama and Callan-sama...... they are in a perfect sync...... and their smiles are scary!

"That's why we are already in the middle of an investigation. We also direct people towards Gilbert's territory. Since this is an opportunity, let's us handle your matter too. If we let him do as he pleases in our territory, our reputation will be affected too!"

Ah, un. Derrick-sama also looks quite angry.

Well, I don't mind leaving it to you so please take care of it.

"Apart from that, about the Gold Wheat's Shop! It's the store where the new bread started, right? That bread is good! It's just right to eat when the stomach is empty."

"That's right. The "Phantom Bread" was especially delicious"

"What!? Isaac, you have eaten the "Phantom Bread"!?"

"Yes."

"Ku~ How! How did you obtain it!! It's something sold out on days without set dates in few minutes! It's impossible for someone like us the Knights with duty system to obtain it!!"

A person captivated by the sweet bread is also in here. Risner-sama looks proud to have eaten the Cream Bread......

Although not seemingly interested, Callan-sama also glances between Risner-sama and me. Is he perhaps concerned about the acquisition route of the Cream Bread?

"The reason why Takumi-dono is being concerned about the Gold Wheat's Shop affair should convey the only possibility."

"I see! They were given by Takumi!"

"Yes, Takumi-san is the inventor of the Cream Bread."

"What!? Is that true?"

"Hoh~"

"Y, yes..."

Scary!!

Derrick-sama's and Callan-sama's eyes look at me as beasts stalking their prey......

"Regarding the "Phantom Bread" although it's possible to manage somehow, something similar may happen with person in power again, so Takumi-san seems to be troubled."

"all right! Lauren Household will back you up!"

Back up? Lauren House?

What Risner-sama said is not wrong by any means.

Even if we tidy up this matter and reopen, I think that something similar may happen again. If we have a noble's support, something like that will not occur ever again.

But, I'm not satisfied when things advance so smoothly......

"If you back us up, the "Phantom Bread"... Cream Bread, was it? You will make it for me, right?"

Ueeh!? The aim was the Cream Bread!?

Is he perhaps wanting to support us because of that!?

"What are you talking about? Something hard to obtain will become easy to obtain, you know?"

"That's right. You should do whatever it takes to make hard to obtain things easy to obtain, you know?"

"...... Is that so? Well, if you won't say to make it when there are no ingredients at hand, that condition seems all right."

For things, you really want "Pay whatever the price", is it something like that? It's backing this time, though......

"Alright then, let's go now."

"Go? To the Gold Wheat's Shop?"

"Naturally! Now that I will back you up I have to meet the shopkeeper!"

"That's what you are saying, but in fact, you really just want to eat the Cream Bread, right?"

When Callan-sama points out, Derrick-sama's shoulder twitch. It seems he was right.

"Commander, you won't be able to eat the Cream Bread at the moment."

"What!?"

"That's only given. It takes time to make bread."

Callan-sama has a reasonable opinion, but......

"Ah~...... you may be able to... eat it?"

"Oh?"

I have asked Road-san to make a lot of bread yesterday, after all. Of course, I requested him to make some Cream Bread.

I think it should have been done soon~ Surely.

~

I have accompanied Derrick-sama and Risner-sama to the Gold Wheat's Shop.

Callan-sama stayed back to gather information. Nothing was said to Wald-sama. Riser-sama said "If he gets to know, he will definitely escape from work to tag along"...... Ah, right.

When we entered the shopping street, Allen and Elena added strength to the hands they were holding me with.

The two watched their surroundings with vigilance. It's not often that the two who can detect presences unconsciously "look for something" with their own eyes.

There are no "fear" or "hate" emotions on their faces, but that thing from yesterday probably stirred things that are deeply rooted in the innermost depths of their hearts.

I must urgently think of something to divert them from thinking about this......

When we enter the Gold Wheat's Shop the bread has just finished baking as Road-san was just taking it out of the oven.

Yep, smells nice~

"Road-san, excuse me for the intrusion."

"Ou Takumi, you have co... me...... eeh!?"

Road-san notices the Knights who have entered behind me and he got so surprised he almost dropped the bread. Then "If you are about to bring big shots, inform me beforehand!" he said.

Ah, yes, I'm sorry. I also thought similarly just a while ago. However, they suddenly wanted to come to the store, so I didn't have a choice~

"This is the Knight Commander Derrick-sama. He's the son of the Lauren Household."

"W, what!? La, Lauren house!! F, feudal lord's son!!?"

First, I introduce Derrick-sama and Risner-sama to Road-san. Then, knowing Derrick-sama's identity, Road-san was very nervous around the feudal lord's son.

I see, this is the normal reaction......

Somehow, I'm ignorant of social status in Aetherdia. I was originally brought up on Earth where social positions are not so different, but the knowledge about this world implemented in me was with Syl's specifications, so it makes me lump all "people" together.

Therefore, even when talking to a noble, I don't feel much obligated.

Well, I think there won't be any problems if I speak politely, but...... how it really is? There weren't any problems until now so it's all right I think?

"Road-san, is the Cream Bread baked yet?"

"O, ou. It's done......"

"Hou. So this is the Cream Bread~"

"Derrick-sama, please have some."

"Ou, sorry about that. Lemme see......―――"

When the finished Cream Bread is finished, Derrick-sama receives it and immediately bites in.

When I asked Risner-sama if he also wants to eat,『Of course, I will have some too』he answered.

"Ohh, delicious!!"

Derrick-sama seemed to like the Cream Bread very much and ate it all.

"By the way, what is that? I have not seen this in any store before."

"This is something new Takumi told me to make......"

"What!? New product!"

Derrick-sama quickly finds a new product and stared at it fixedly.

The person who made it, Road-san, probably haven't even sampled it yet. He seemed very interested but kept his attitude firm in front of Derrick-sama and Risner-sama.

Risner-sama wasn't staring as Derricks-sama, but he also looked interested.

Actually, I found a red bean that is similar to the adzuki bean. After immersing that red bean in water overnight, I boiled it in a nectar liquid... gum syrup? No, I boiled it in an even thinner watery sap of trees with sugar and created a red bean paste.

The nectar liquid is even easier to obtain than sugar, I thought Road-san could use that instead, and it turned out well.

I handed the red bean paste to Raod-san and asked him to wrap it just like the Cream Bread and bake it.

It turned out delicious if I say myself. The sweetness is perfect.

After that, we also made bread containing Cyan fruit and bright yellow walnuts called Kuru nuts with millet bread as a base.

"This one is Anpan. Another one is millet bread with Cyan fruit and Kuru nuts mixed in."

They have just eaten the Cream bread, but Derrick-sama and Risner-sama immediately ate the new products.

Yep. These also received a favorable review.

When I handed half of the Anpan each to Allen and Elena, they ate it deliciously.

There are relatively many people who don't like red bean paste, but these members seem not to have that problem.

Incidentally, I like both Tsubuan[Tsubuan (粒餡), whole red beans boiled with sugar but otherwise untreated] and Koshian[Koshian (漉し餡), beans passed through a sieve to remove bean skins; the most common type]. I didn't make it this time, but I should definitely try making it later.

"My~ That was delicious."

The satisfied Derrick-sama asked Road-san 2-3 questions.

And then, because Derrick-sama hasn't fault any problem with Road-san's personality, he talked about the backing of the Gold Wheat's Shop.

Road-san who was bowing "Much grateful" suddenly looked at me and started complaining.

Eh, what, what? You didn't hear anything about this?

Well, I mean~ this is something that was suddenly decided on. Look~ This thing is good at manipulating nobles.

It's not my fault.

"Well then, we shall return and promptly move to smash that conceited fool~"

This person seriously came just to eat the Cream bread......

Derrick-sama went back satisfied, parting after saying he will send a messenger from Lauren House later to formally arrange things.

Just in case, I give Risner-sama presents to hand them to Callan-sama who looked so envious and Wald-sama who is doing his best at working in the branch.

"Oi, Takumi!!"

"It's a course of events. I also didn't think it would end up like this."

Road-san approached me after Derrick-sama and Risner-sama left.

Ah~ I didn't tell Road-san that Derrick-sama is backing us up because of the Cream bread. Is he perhaps worried about collateral?

I should explain that properly.

◇ ◇ ◇

I was fully concerned about Allen and Elena after throwing all the difficult things aside. I hug them close more than necessary and pat their heads. I'm affectionate to them to their heart's content.

As a result, Allen's and Elena's condition almost returned back. Almost as they were before meeting the slave trader.

""Yummy~""

"Is that so? I'm glad~"

The thing the two are eating now is a fruit jelly.

Of course, I made it.

The ingredient is this.

=====

Slime Jelly

Slime remains. Squishy object.

Not harmful to the human body, but has no benefits either.

Vulnerable to heat, melts when warmed up.

=====

It's a drop item from the slimes we defeated in the Dungeon of Earth.

There's a lot, I should make something out of this~ I thought.

It's called "jelly" and it's not harmful to the human body so let's make jelly. I tried making it with such simple thinking.

I heated fruit juice in the pot, melted the slime jelly inside, then I poured it into glasses where it splendidly solidified. The slime jelly played the role of gelatin wonderfully.

The ratio of two liters of liquid to 1 slime jelly, had a good feeling.

The texture is much more squishy than that of a traditional jelly, but that's also good!

I tried making it only with fruit juice at first, but I tried making it with various fruit compotes after that. Starting with Ranka fruit's juice, Riigo fruit's juice, milk, black tea...... I made it with everything I could think of.

I was so absorbed in the making, that I unnoticeably amassed a mountain of jelly. Ah~... it's not like it will go bad, there's no problem since it will become Allen's and Elena's snack from now on, right?

After several days of doing that, all the problems in question were put in order.

Well~ it was quicker than I expected~

An investigation on the Gist Company under the Callan-sama has started, but well~ that slave trader was mistreating his slaves, and his business was suspended right after getting exposed. Then, the house search by the Knights was performed.

It came out, it came out! A Large amount of evidence on backroom deals has been found.

There was also an account book for transactions with Baron Gilbert.

Baron Gilbert apparently used Gist Company for human trafficking. There apparently were many people in the company's underground cells that weren't slaves.

That being the case, a shred of evidence against Baron Gilbert was found, and investigations on the House of Baron Gilbert have begun.

The baron seems to have done other backroom deals than human trafficking like camouflaging of branded goods, etc. It appears that documents about the products and contracts were kept carefully in a secret warehouse in the Baron's basement.

Baron Gilbert seemingly hid his crimes well, but his connections to the Gist Company became apparent. Following on the Gist Company, they were able to pull Baron Gilbert skillfully in and I was invited to the Commander Derrick's office where I received words of gratitude.

The Gist Company's slave trader was sent to the mines and Baron Gilbert was sent together with the evidence to the Royal Capital.

Although I expected this, Baron Gilbert will certainly be punished by imprisonment and deprivation of his rank. He apparently may even receive capital punishment. Furthermore, it seems his family members supported him, so they will be made into crime slaves.

They really are getting what they deserve!

I felt refreshed, and the daily peaceful life returned.

~

"With this, we can go on a journey without any worries."

"What!?" "Haa!?" "N?" "Oh?"

In order, Derrick-sama, Wald-sama, Callan-sama, and Risner-sama.

All of them let out silly voices because of my announcement.

Are? Did I not tell them before?

"Takumi, are you leaving Shirin?"

"Yes. I actually wanted to leave earlier, but I was concerned about the matter with Baron Gilbert."

At least, I wanted to resolve the matter with the Gold Wheat's Shop before going on a journey.

I think that if the problem were only the slave trader, I would quickly leave the town. It would look like running away, but dealing with fellows like that is troublesome.

I think it was good that all the problems got settled as a result.

"Have you decided on your destination?"

"I thought about going south towards the sea."

"I see... so you are staying in the country..."

When I said that I'm "Going south", the four people made expressions of relief.

Is that it? Do they want to keep human resources in the country?

In a case of emergency, the magnitude of the damage will change depending on the available fighting power. It must be something that Knights must consider at all times.

"The south, is it? Which means, Bailey?"

"Yes, that's right."

The destination has been pretty much decided on the port Bailey on the Southwest of Guardia.

The season is already a complete summer. It's all about the sea when it comes to summer, right?

I thought about showing the sea to Allen and Elena.

Ordinary people would travel from town to town, and it would take at least a month by carriage to arrive. If that would be the case, summer would already be at its final stage, so I intend to ride Joule and others, that way we can expect to arrive in a few days.

Because of that, there's no need to hesitate.

"Takumi-san, here."

"A letter? Risner-sama, this is?"

Risner-sama hands me a single letter.

Hearing our destination, Risner-sama borrowed tools from Callan-sama and wrote it on the spot.

"It's a letter of introduction to the feudal lord of Bailey."

"Eh!?"

To think it was for the feudal lord-sama!?

I inadvertently retracted the hand I was about to receive the letter with.

"Bailey's feudal lord is my acquaintance. I will contact him so definitely visit him when you arrive in Bailey. I don't mind if you force him to support bakery, etc."

"Eeh!?"

Not "rely on" but "I don't mind if you force him"...... What are you saying! As expected, something like that is not possible.

Risner-sama continues to present me the letter while grinning.

Ah~ the well-prepared smile...... it's not something I can go against~

I look around asking for help, but as expected no one wants to help me. If I had to say they have a "receive it" feeling.

I decided to accept it gratefully.

Even so, I have no intention of forcing my troubles on him. Let's rely on him only when in a difficult situation.

I may ask him to support the bakery, though......

After finishing my business with the Knights, I visited the Adventurer's Guild, Road-san, and the Inn to say goodbye.

When I said we are leaving, everyone was surprised. We were detained at the Adventurer's Guild.

Luna-san particularly had a very sorrowful look on her face, she looked like she would start clinging to me at any moment.

It must be because I'm an important supplier of material from Gaya Forest. I feel slightly empty inside that there was no love element involved.........

The next morning was an ideal day for the departure.

We departed from Shirin and soon walked off the highway. After confirming that there are no people around, I summoned my Contracted beasts.

"Waffu." "Gau." "Pii."

The three immediately nestle close to me.

"Oh~ there, there."

I could hardly summon the Contracted beasts before. They may be sulky that it took so long to call them.

First of all, I decided to pat them to their heart's content.

After the three animals had been satisfied to a certain degree, I conveyed the calling matter.

"Joule and Feat will transport us."

"Waffu." "Gau."

"Bolt will fly in the sky and keep track of human presences."

"Pii."

As the three replied in acknowledgment, I promptly seated Allen and Elena on Joule and climbed on Feat's back myself.

I told Joule and Feat to start running along Gaya Forest.

Just in case, I had Bolt to fly up and watch from above.

Like that, it's less probable to meet people. I can't help but think that meeting with people would be troublesome.

I imagine riding on S-Rank monsters would make a ruckus. Therefore, just in case.

Sometimes, a monster emerges from within Gaya Forest. Then, Joule and Feat would lower us down and go to defeat it.

My~ Our kids are strong. They defeat most of the opponents in a single blow. As expected of S-Rank monsters. How reliable.

Moreover, they return bringing the defeated monsters in their mouths, how considerable.

""Good child~""

Allen and Elena praise Joule and Feat who returned from the hunt. Good child, good child, they pat their heads.

Even if Allen and Elena stand on their tiptoes, they are not able to reach Joule's and Feat's heads. Because of that, Joule and Feat lower their heads to make it easier.

It's little clumsy, but a heartwarming scene.

"Waffu." "Gau."

"Hah~! Wait a moment!!"

After having their heads patted, this time Joule and Feat tried to lick Allen's and Elena's faces back, so I stop them in panic.

"Joule, Feat, don't lick!! Haven't you just bite on the Bloody Bear!? Your mouths are bloody!!"

"Waffu!?" "Gau!?"

Joule and Feat stiffen with a twitch.

What!? ...... they look at me with such expression.

You are really easy to understand, but I can't help but think you are not beasts......

"Look, I will make you neatly clean so don't move. Washing."

"Waffu!" "Gau!"

""Ukya~""

The moment Joule and Feat became clean they started licking Allen's and Elena's faces.

Ah, they pushed Allen and Elena down......

O~i. Be careful not to squash them~

Seeing such situation, Bolt cries "Pii" on top of my shoulder. For some reason, it felt like he was saying... good grief.

Because Allen and Elena are having fun I didn't stop them, just moved closer in case Joule and Feat will start crushing them.

""Unya~""

"Waffu~" "Gau~"

"Uoh!"

While playing with each other, the two children and two animals suddenly charged at me.

It's okay if it's just Allen and Elena, but as expected I won't be able to catch two big animals. In short, I have been pushed down.

Ah, Bolt has evacuated......

The two children and two animals looked with a joyful expression of success.

"You~"

First, I tickle Allen and Elena who fell on me with all my might.

After that, I got up and rubbed Joule's and Feat's cheeks.

""Ukya~""

"Waffuu~" "Gauu~"

Oh my? You are happy?

I intended to do that as punishment, but it looks like I was unsuccessful.

But oh~ well.

In the end, we played until all of us were satisfied.

~

Because we are not traveling in a hurry, I have decided to go in the Gaya Forest to exercise.

Unlike the last time hunting where Joule and Feat used their claws and fangs, they use magic to kill monsters.

Joule covers the dead bodies around with ice magic Freeze into one large lump of ice. Feat uses the wind magic Float to make the lump of ice fly and brings it to my side.

Skillful. And clever...... they are learning properly.

When they were fighting at close range, I had no choice but to clean them with my Washing.

Well, it's alright, though. It's not magic that consumes much of magical power.

...... It's just, those fellows won't get satisfied unless they can lick after each battle...... Well, it makes Allen and Elena happy so...... oh well?

We loiter around the forest and hunt.

Then, before I notice, the children and the Contracted beasts compete at monster hunting.

When a monster is found, all members charge, defeat the monster, bring it to me, get patted by me.

That is the course of events.

Once in a while, Bolt would Thunderbolt a monster from the sky the moment he finds it. When that happens, the two children and the other two animals look really vexed.

"Whoa!!"

When they are feeling down because they couldn't get praised, I pat them with the intention of consoling, and they jump into action again.

You guys, calm down a bit~

As the area became dark, I have decided to leave Gaya Forest for the camp.

Riding on Joule and Feat, we can get out quickly, and the outside of Gaya Forest is safe.

When the camping site is decided, we have dinner next.

"Allen, Elena. What would you like to eat?"

""N......... Cream!""

Because both Allen and Elena love Cream bread, it frequently ends up as their snack of choice.

But, making Cream bread as a dinner menu is a bit...... I would like them to choose something more nutritious.

"N~ Allen, Elena. Cream bread is not good for dinner...... How about having it tomorrow as breakfast snack?"

""Ye~s.""

"Let's see...... How about Oyakodon? The one with an egg on rice."

""Will eat~""

"It's decided then."

Although it felt like I have incited them, because the two obediently accepted the compromise plan, Oyakodon has been chosen for the dinner.

"Joule, Feat, and Bolt want meat, right? Raw?"

"Waffu~u."

"N? No? Grilled is better?"

"Waffuwaffu."

"I see. Joule wants it grilled. Does Feat also prefer it grilled?"

"Gaun."

"What about Bolt?"

"Piiii."

The Contracted beast fundamentally don't require feeding. Apparently, when Contracted beasts are supplemented with magical power while in their master's shadow which restores their energy.

However, because they can eat, they are having a meal together with us like this.

Because of that, I have asked them what they want to eat, but it seems my Contracted beasts like grilled meat better than raw......

Raw meat? They shook their heads when I asked.

Grilled meat tastes better. Looks like they have the same opinion as people.

These children seem to enjoy "food" with a strong taste more.

Grilled meat or Oyakodon, which is better? When asked, all three choose the latter. It seems the same menu as ours is better.

Even if I were going to make just one serving, it wouldn't be much trouble to make more. Therefore, I have decided to make Oyakodon for six.

Aren't spring onions bad for felines? Is what I thought, but since there seems to be no problem, I cook the onions and guineafowl with soy sauce and finish it up with half boiled egg.

"Well then, itadakimasu."

""Itadakima~shu."" "Waffu." "Gau." "Pii."

Yep, delicious!

I must say that finishing Oyakodon with a half boiled egg dripping on top of it is delicious.

Allen and Elena also eat while stuffing their mouths with spoons with utmost effort.

I have served the food for Joule and others on a plate to make it easier for them to eat, but Bolt is dexterously using his beak while Joule and Feat stuff their mouths around the plate in their small forms.

Apparently, they can enjoy the taste more while in their small forms.

Well, if they eat in their adult forms, they would eat it in two or three bites after all.

""Joule.""

"Waffu."

When it was time to sleep, Joule's stomach became a substitute for the cushion for the three of us. Joule's fur is soft and comfy......

Today is Joule's turn, but because it has been decided that the cushioning role will alternate, it's Feat's turn tomorrow.

I thought it was bad to treat them as cushions at first, but rather it was the other way around.

Joule's tail was intensively hitting the ground as if saying quickly over here.

Because it doesn't look like I have to hold back, I lean against Joule while asking Feat and Bolt to stand guard.

That being said, Feat and Bolt are in resting postures next to us. Every single of my children is sensitive to presences after all. There won't be any problems.

Ah, the moons...

Aetherdia has three moons. Yellow, blue, and red. Three colored moons rise into the sky.

Which reminds me, this is my first time camping in a place where the sky is clearly visible. Sky can't be seen from within Gaya Forest, then there was the dungeon.

A night sky after a long time.

Gazing at several moons, I realize again that this is a different world.

Has it been a little over a month since I came to Aetherdia?

So many things happened so fast... I fall asleep while thinking such.

◇ ◇ ◇

I have decided to go to Gaya Forest the next day too.

Allen, Elena, Joule, and others apparently haven't played sufficiently yet.

We are gathering medicinal plants today.

"There~"

"Many~"

"There really are many......"

Ah~ Demon Spirit Grass.

Maryoku Grass is relatively common, but Demon Spirit Grass should have been a valuable medicinal plant......

Because Gaya Forest itself is a place full of magic, does it grow densely here?

And to find a place where they grow en masse at that......

"Waffu."

This time, Joule seems to have found something.

It's a Soul Grass...... quite a rare medicinal plant again...... I'm sure it's used as nostrum.

"Gau."

The next one is Feat, huh. This is Touka Grass.

Because it's leaves are transparent, it's quite difficult to find plant......

Nose? Did Feat find it by smell?

"Pii."

Ah, Bolt has found Minsu fruit.

Minsu, in fact, is a plum-like fruit. It's bigger than typical plum, it's very sour, but it's nutritional value is high, it's used for medicinal tonics as it has nourishing properties.

There seem to be quite a lot on the tree. Bolt drops it with his beak, and I catch it when it falls.

Nevertheless, aren't we finding quite a lot of rare things in high demands?

""Ah!""

Allen and Elena seem to have found something again as they run towards a tree.

Now then, what did they find this time?

Moving while sufficiently playing along the way, we finally saw a sea a week later after leaving Shirin.

It can be said we moved at quite a high pace to arrive in just a week.

"Allen, Elena, that is the sea."

""Sea~ Big~""

Allen and Elena gaze at the sea with sparkling eyes.

""Water, a lot~""

"That's right. All of that is salty water."

""Delish~?""

"It's not tasty? You shouldn't drink it."

""Ye~s.""

I had to say it because they would drink the water as soon as arriving at the beach. Like this, they won't probably drink it.

We immediately stepped onto the beach.

The beach without any man-made objects is quiet with the only roaring of the waves resounding.

While Allen and Elena are playing at the water's edge―――

"That... may I ask if you are Takumi-sama?"

"...... You are?"

Suddenly, I was spoken to by a woman who emerged from the sea.

Umm... why do you know my name?

"I'm Mirena of the mermaid tribe."

Haa!? Say what!?

~

Mermaid

"...... You are?"

"I'm Mirena of the mermaid tribe."

"......!"

Seriously!? A mermaid she says!!

When I appraise her in a rush―――

=====

=====

Whoa~ it's true. Her race is Mermaid.

This woman is without a doubt a mermaid. Only her upper body is visible, so I can only see an ordinary human woman.

As expected, diving under the sea to confirm would be rude, but does this woman has a tailfin as expected?

It's a mermaid! I want to confirm right away, but patience. Patience......

"Why do you know about me?"

"I was informed about you by Water God's retainer-sama."

Haa? From Water God's retainer-sama?

First, I confirmed how does the mermaid woman know about me, but an unexpected answer has come back.

...... Just what is going on?

"Come again, the Water God's retainer-sama has......"

"I have been advised that you would be able to solve a problem we are facing. Takumi-sama, could I request your assistance, please?"

What's with that...... just what did the Water God's retainer-sama say to these people?

In addition to that, Mirena-sam must have been informed beforehand that we will come here.

"Umm...... assistance you say......"

"For the details, we have to go to our village. Could we move there first?"

Mirena-san asks while deeply bowing her head.

If you ask me like that, there's no way I could reject, but......

"No, no, wait a moment. Your village is definitely under the sea, right? Even if we can swim, we won't be able to go there."

Because we won't be able to breathe.

Rather, in the first place, can I swim? In the past...... of course, I could swim!

Well, I know the method of swimming itself so if it's the present body I feel like I could do it. My motor nerves have exceptionally improved after all.

Regarding Allen and Elena, I think that they would immediately master swimming if shown. We are talking about those two after all......

But, even if they were able to swim, as expected it would not be possible for them to breathe underwater. No...... I have a feeling that they would be able to stay underwater for quite a lot of time because of an outrageous lung capacity......

But even that would not allow us to stay underwater for a longer period of time.

"I am prepared in regard of that."

".........?"

"...... Please wait for a moment."

When I was lost in my thoughts, Mirena-san takes something out and presents it to me.

U~n...... what's that?

Silver... I wonder? I can see a looped string-like thing sitting in Mirena-san's palm, but...... I don't know what that is.

Because we are at the water's edge and Mirena-san in the sea, there's a subtle distance between us.

When I tilt my head, Mirena-san lets the thing in her hand float on the sea's surface. It gets jolted by the waves and slowly drifts to us little by little.

It didn't feel like the waves were natural, was it manipulated by Water magic?

When I pick up the floating thing, it was a bracelet. With an engraved thin curious pattern. It feels hard on touch, but it's not a mineral? What is it?

I thought it was silver, but it looks iridescent because of the reflections. A mysterious color.

I couldn't figure anything out just by looking so I appraise it straight away.

=====

Mermaid Bracelet

A bracelet made with the scales of a mermaid.

A magic tool that allows breathing under water.

In addition, it wraps the entire body in a thin film, preventing clothes from getting wet.

=====

Oo, a fantastic magic tool has appeared.

Certainly, with something like this, there won't be any problems with breathing.

I had a feeling it's not made from minerals like iron or gold, but the material was actually scales of a mermaid! Indeed, I didn't expect that.

The mysterious color is related to mermaid scales. It's convincing then.

"We will certainly be all right with this."

"Then!?"

A delightful expression floats on Mirena-san's face.

"I would like to see the Mermaid village, so I don't mind going, but...... I may not be able to resolve your problem, you know?"

"That does not matter! Please come by all means!"

I'm not sure I can help because I didn't hear the details.

Should I have asked first? But, she told she would explain in detail in the village so......

But, the Water God's retainer-sama gave a seal of approval, so it's probably not something too difficult. And even if I'm not successful, looking at Mirena-san's reaction, I won't get blamed either.

Following in itself is an introduction to the Water God's retainer-sama. A person(?) who is worried about Allen and Elena. They wouldn't let the twins approach something dangerous. There shouldn't be any problem.

"Then, I will borrow this bracelet."

"No, I offer that to you. Please think of it as a fee for going to the village. Of course, if you have problem with that, we will prepare a different remuneration in the village."

"No, no, this is something precious, right!?"

"There are people engaged in magic tools in the village, so quite a number of them exist. To begin with, this magic tool is necessary in order to enter the village, so please accept it without reservation."

I thought it's a valuable magic tool, but this bracelet apparently isn't that valuable to the mermaids.

Because the material is the scales of mermaids, they probably don't lack materials to make it......

Well, that. If she says to take it, I will take it.

I retrieve Joule and others who were guarding around the sandy beach to my shadow and put on the bracelets on Allen's and Elena's arms. Then, I put one on myself, hold the two's hands and enter the sea.

When the depth of water reached my shin, I tried raising my leg from the water.

Oo, it really didn't get wet. This is incredible!

My clothes and boots are totally dry. I'm deeply moved by the performance of this magic tool.

It allows breathing underwater, but there are no problems yet, so it's possible to use it on the surface too? If I put it on a rainy day, I won't get wet?

It looks like this magic tool can be used for something it wasn't originally made for. I obtained something good~

When we reached a certain depth, I timidly tried to dive in a while holding Allen's and Elena's hands.

"!"

Oh my~ how exciting~

Even though I know that I can breathe without problems, I can't help it but be nervous about the first breath, right?

"Is everything all right?"

"Y, yes. Everything's fine."

Breathing aside, talking underwater is also a strange feeling.

However, it's so amusing!

My heart is throbbing experiencing something I never did before.

Allen and Elena also seem to be enjoying themselves underwater.

Breathing is alright, the next one would be swimming.....

"Ah~ ... Allen, Elena... are you okay?"

""Fun~""

"I see......"

Yep, there doesn't seem to be a problem.

When I release their hands, the two are normally swimming.

I knew. This development is exactly as I imagined!

Still, isn't this too fast!? They are already... smoothly swimming, you know!!

Ah~ Since the two are alright, I will try to swim too.

I position my body horizontally, extend my arms and flap with my legs.

Breaststroke? Crawl? I somehow know the form, but I never have done it before, though!

From time to time, I move my hands to paddle the water and move forward.

Oo, is this okay? I am swimming properly...... I think.

Umm...... like this? Then, like this...... oo? I am swimming?!

I tried breaststroke for a trial, I was able to do it. I wasn't able to do it in the slightest in the past...... I'm a bit happy.

Ah! Right, the mermaid!

I was too absorbed in trying to swim so I did not check the thing about Mirena-san.

When I look at Mirena-san again, it was the same as the illustrations that appear in fantasy novels and manga, the upper body of a woman in a bikini and the lower body of a fish.

The scales of the lower part of the body went from light red to dark red, it gets darker as you go from the waist to the tailfin, a beautiful gradation.

"Ah~... I have kept you waiting. Everything's fine now."

Crap. While observing in a trance, my eyes matched Mirena-san's.

Mirena-san was quietly watching over us while we were learning to swim...... she's smiling for some reason......

I approached Mirena-san and told her that everything is fine now and we can move.

"I understand. Then, let's depart."

"Ah, yes. Allen, Elena. Let's go~"

""Ye~s""

We start swimming after Mirena-san who is guiding us to her village.

~

"Allen, Elena, you alright~?"

""Al~right""

"Don't get too far away, okay?"

""Ye~s""

Although unfamiliar to swimming, Allen and Elena keep on swimming without any problems.

Moreover, they can swim at such speed I thought they had a propeller attached.

A world record is not a problem.

There is a big difference between them and myself who is still swimming somewhat awkwardly. I should get quickly used to it......

"Mirena-san, what kind of monsters are around here?"

"The monster around here are mainly Sand Crabs and Bomb Shelters, they are not that strong. When we get a little bit deeper, more powerful monsters will appear, but...... the most troublesome among them would be probably the Giant Killer Shark."

Giant Killer Shark... a C-Rank monster.

Although it's C-Rank, will it be okay since we are not used to the underwater combat?

"Ah, that's Hammerfish."

While speaking about monsters that appear in the vicinity, it appeared at once.

Hammerfish is an E-Rank monster.

A monster of Bluefin tuna size with the point of its head shaped like a hammer. It's not that dangerous monster if you pay attention to its head which it uses as a blunt weapon.

""Yaa!""

Ah, Allen and Elena swim at superspeed and kick it.

Yeah, that's instant death.

It seems that being underwater doesn't hinder Allen and Elena one bit. Rather, I feel like their attack power and speed is better than on the surface.

If one is a relative of the Water God, is the underwater combat his specialty?

"Onii~chan."

"Fish~"

"Thank you."

Allen and Elena return with the Hammerfish by holding it by its hammer part.

""Ah.""

After the two hand me the Hammerfish, they notice a monster again.

N~ The one who appeared seems to be the Sand Crab.

It's about 6~70cm tall counting its shell. It will be even taller if it extends its legs, though.

"Weird~!"

"Is coming~!"

Until now, their opponents were only animal and insect type monsters, so seeing fish and crustacean type monsters for the first time gets Allen and Elena in high spirits.

"Be careful of the claws. Don't get hurt okay~"

""Ye~s.""

I remind the two who swam towards the crab right after discovering it to be careful.

It would be dangerous if they get caught by the crab's claws...... ――Is what I thought, but it looks like I didn't have to worry.

The two quickly defeat the Sand Crab and return while each holding one of its claws.

""This, what is it~?""

"Sand Crab. It's a crab."

""Crab~?""

"It's delicious when boiled. Would you like to eat it next time?"

""Will eat~!""

Sand Crab's raw meat itself is gritty, but it seems to be delicious when heated.

It's alright to eat it as is, but when it comes to crab, it's a Kani Nabe after all! It's out of season, but it doesn't matter, right?

Let's make it immediately once we return to the surface!

After that, Allen and Elena crisply defeated all monsters which appeared.

Mirena-san who saw Allen and Elena defeat the monsters one by one says in amazement with her eyes blinking.

"......... They are strong, aren't they?......"

"Hahaha~......"

Yep, I tried to laugh it off for the time being.

◇ ◇ ◇

About two hours after diving into the sea.

"Wha!?"

"Welcome and thank you for coming. This is our village."

Suddenly, something like a blue crystal appeared in front of me. The size is of a small mountain.

Even though the scenery was just a mere seascape until a while ago...... Which reminds me, I just passed through something like a thin membrane.

Camouflage? Some kind of illusion barrier?

"What have we passed through just now?"

"You have noticed? It's as you guess. An illusion that makes it look like nothing is there and a barrier which prevents monsters to invade. Two barriers are set up here."

"Since we have entered it means that humans are able to enter?"

"Even if it's humans, they won't be able to enter. It's possible to enter only if they go together just like us."

I see. If Mirena-san weren't with us, we wouldn't be able to pass through the barrier.

Nevertheless, just what is this crystal-like thing......

=====

Sea Crystal

A crystal that the sea itself crystallized into.

Conceals the power of the sea.

=====

"...... Sea Crystal?"

"Yes, that's right. Because this is the Blue Sea, we all call it the Blue Waters Shrine."

Because I see people coming in and out of the Sea Crystal, the crystal itself must be the residence...... It's probably something like the Mermaid Castle.

The semitransparent blue crystal has the appearances of a simple castle. If I had to say, the blue crystal looks more like a mountain than a castle.

However, it has a very magical, overwhelming aura.

Blue Waters Shrine...... This can only be called "incredible."

"Sparkly~"

"Pretty~"

"Yeah. It's very pretty."

"Fufufu. Thank you very much. I will guide you inside later, but could you follow me to the back of the Blue Waters Shrine first, please?"

"Ah, yes."

After a while of gazing at the Blue Waters Shrine, Mirena-san guided us to the back of the Blue Waters Shrine.

There is a rock face in the back, behind the Blue Waters Shrine, but―――

"I would like you to do something about this."

"A ship?"

There is a fairly large ship at the place where Mirena-san guides us to.

It beautifully sunk between the rock face and the rear of the Blue Waters Shrine.

"There is an entrance to the cave where we raise corals, but as you can see it has been blocked by this ship. The people of the village gathered to do something about it before, but we weren't able to move it even an inch...... While greatly perplexed what to do, the Blue Waters Shrine's lord, Miko Princess received an oracle."

The ship fell exactly right between.

There are almost no gaps between the rock face and the rear of the Blue Waters Shrine.

If the ship was slightly bigger it wouldn't block the entrance and if it was slightly smaller, the mermaids would be able to move it themselves.

Iya~ It fits in perfectly.

Indeed, it's possible for me to remove it. After all, I just have to put it in the Infinite Storage.

"I can remove this immediately."

I approach the sunken ship and store it in the《Infinite Storage》.

When I confirm the Infinite Storage list, the sunken ship (Dietlinde model) was properly showing up.

The Dietlinde model seems to be a cargo ship as many barrels, and wooden boxes were collected together.

Well, I would have to check the boxes one by one as I don't know what's inside.

What to do with this? It's sunk into the sea, and the boxes are soaked wet.

It depends on the objects, but I expect most of them being ruined.

What should I do if it's food?

It wouldn't be spoiled, but it would definitely be in a totally terrible condition...... I don't want to check the contents......

U~n...... for the time being, let's leave it like that.

Nevertheless, as there were no dead bodies, the sailors must have been able to escape before the ship sunk.

As expected, I would feel awkward carrying people's corpses in the《Infinite Storage》.

"Is it all right like this?"

Whoa!

When I turned around, other mermaids gathered beside Mirena-san before I noticed.

"Thank you very much!"

"It's nothing, rather than that, shouldn't you take a look at the coral?"

"That's right."

I see a cave entrance in the rock face, that must be it.

Mirena-san gives instructions to the other mermaids in a hurry and several people enter the cave.

"Is that coral an important one?"

"Yes. It's used as the ingredient in various medicines. Especially us, mermaids, need a specific medicine to cure illness, therefore we can't afford to lose that coral."

That is very important then.

I'm certain that corals...... inhabit only places with clear water?

I don't know when the ship sunk, I hope it didn't wither away......

"Fortunately, not much time passed since the ship sunk, so there wasn't much damage done. You have really saved us."

"Is that so? I'm glad I could be of help."

Unexpectedly, the ship seems to have sunk only a few days ago.

Although I wouldn't be blamed, I would not be able to bear it if the coral got destroyed.

"Well then, Miko Princess is waiting, let me guide you there."

Next is the meeting with Princess, huh~ She said that she's the Lord of the Blue Water Shrine, right?

Now then, what kind of person is she?

********************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.8K 95
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
527K 17.8K 75
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
8.1K 297 38
Born in the royal family, the gentle and handsome little prince Jianchun is the love of all interstellar dreams. There are many suitors, but no one b...
1.5K 231 25
To keep her scholarship afloat, Gabriella Lopez is forced to play a virtual reality game and must reach level 30 within six months. *** When the poor...