Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising...

De SheijiHiei

『I'm terribly sorry...』 A god was suddenly prostrating in front of Kayano Takumi. He was apparently killed by... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 3

217 4 0
De SheijiHiei

Allen and Elena are showing off their pendants to Joule and the others.

They seem to be quite pleased with it.

I in the meantime check the contents of the《Infinite Storage》.

To be honest, I have been lost in the contents of the《Infinite Storage》myself. Furthermore, a lot of things were added to it yesterday and today.

Therefore, I decided to organize before it's too late.

Let's confirm the newly obtained things first.

I view the screen with the list of items I received from Water God's retainers.

The characters lined up in a row. I confirm them one by one.

A lot of clothes and waterproof overcoats. Ah, there's even a tent! Then there's fish, seaweed and other marine materials and products.

Uwa, there's even a water bottle that can be refilled with magical power! Super~ convenient! Moreover, it's not just one, there are several of those tools, so generous.

Food, clothes, weapons, armors, medicine, magic tools, monster materials......... I assign each and every item in its classification.

I can even equip Allen and Elena because there were item bags! They may be a little concerned about it, but because it's a small belt pouch they will surely quickly get used to it.

What do I put in? Surely some money. Should I also make them carry their own Guild Cards? Next, the water bottle... what about preserved food? Dried meat? Also, some dried fruits for snacks and some candy.

Extra clothes, an overcoat, and a towel. Ah, a knife too. There are small folding knives, so this should be good. Materials...... mithril? Un, why not? Since we have enough! Let's not worry about it.

In the end, I filled it with items that 5-year-old child wouldn't really need, but...... oh, well?

I'm just worried that Allen and Elena would get targeted if they use the items in public.

"Allen, Elena."

I call the two and tie the magic bags to their belts.

"This is Allen's and this Elena's. Be sure not to lose it while going outside, okay?"

""Ye~s.""

When entering the town, the two joyfully took out their Guild Cards from their magic bags.

◇ ◇ ◇

"........."

"Elena, what are you looking at? ...... A general store?"

While walking back to the inn through the shopping district, Elena stops and jii~... she stares at a certain place. When I look at what's she's looking right at, I see a female-oriented general store-like shop. I see girls choosing hair ornaments over at that shop.

As expected, a girl would have an interest in things like these.

"Elena, want to take a look?"

When I ask her, Elena's face starts alternating between the shop and me. After a short while, she lightly nods.

She seems to be interested, after all.

Various clothes and colored threads are on display in the shop. Rather than a general store, a handicrafts shop?

Still, it sparkled Elena's interest as she restlessly looked around the shop.

I also looked around the shop and found a white lace ribbon among the displayed products.

"Oneesan, can this ribbon be used as hair ornament as it is?"

"Yes, it can. They are all 50G each."

I thought it might be a handicraft that needs to be sewn on first, but it seems it can be used as it is.

Of course, I don't know because I have never bought anything like that before. Should I buy it?

The price...... un? Even if I ask, I don't know if it's cheap or expensive. It's the price of a single meal on Aetherdia. Is that a reasonable price?

Well, we have more than enough to buy it so there's no problem.

"Elena, come here."

I crouch down near Elena, I bunch the hair behind her right ear together and put the ribbon in it.

Doesn't it have quite a nice feeling? The white ribbon makes Elena's azure hair flourish, I think it looks excellent.

"How nice, it suits her well. Oniisan, how about another one on the second side?"

"Yeah. I will take it."

Certainly, this hairstyle will look better on both sides.

While thinking that, I receive the exact same ribbon from the good at the business lady and do the same on the left side.

"How nice, how nice. I have a mirror here Ojouchan, take a look."

The shop assistant lady takes out a hand mirror and presents it to Elena. Elena jii~ at her hair... then her smile blossoms.

"You like it?"

When I ask, Elena gave me a slight nod.

She seems to be pleased with it, let's buy more in different colors.

"Then, shall we buy some other colors? Elena, what colors do you like?"

When I look at Elena who faced the display of ribbons and chosen her favorite colors――

She chose a green and black ribbons and picked them up.

I thought she would definitely pick a pink or red, but that wasn't the case.

"You like that one?"

"Yea!"

"... N~ Elena, I think that color won't go too well with your hair color, though?"

"This! Oniichan's color!"

My color? Certainly, it's close to my hair and eye color......

"She really loves Oniisan, I see~ Hey, ribbons don't have to be primarily used in hair."

"...... That's right, huh. Elena, is one of each color okay?"

"Yeah!"

Certainly, there's no need to use it in hair especially, let's buy it since Elena picked it herself.

Besides, she chose my hair and eye colors, she did something adorable.

"Then, this pink, cream, and light blue too? Two of each, please. Also, is that mirror perhaps for sale?"

I choose another three colors that seemed suitable for Elena.

Also, might as well buy a mirror, right? But, would a handicrafts shop sell those?

"This? I'm afraid to say not. This is something sold three stores from here."

Ah, as expected. But, let's buy it later since it's close.

"Rather than that, Oniisan! I have a favor to ask."

"A favor?」

"Yes! Won't you dress the children in this for me to see!?"

The slightly excited woman presents a white-hooded cape in each of her hands.

"I think it's okay, but."

"Really!?"

When I approved, the woman approached Allen and Elena to put the capes on at once.

Then, as expected, the two quickly hid behind my back.

They are able to speak in public, but they can't talk yet directly with someone except for me. Because of that, having someone dress them is...... impossible.

"Ah~......"

"Ah, indeed. These children are not used to strangers. Could you lend it to me?"

I received the capes from the depressed woman and helped the two put them on.

This time...... rather than the two putting it on themselves, they want me to put it on for them, huh~ Is it okay to be enjoying this sense of superiority? No, I can't... I have to let them become accustomed to strangers bit by bit......

Nevertheless, this cape, it feels nice on touch? Was it made with a good fabric? The cape is thick, it doesn't look like it could be worn after it gets hot.

"Can you put the hoods up!?"

"?"

After I had finished putting it on, I put the hoods up as the woman said.

"!! This is~~"

The hood surprised me. This is so cute!

There are animal ears on top of the hood!

Allen's are semicircular ears, Elena's are triangular.

Allen and Elena tilted their heads at me who is in agony, but that gesture wasn't something an ordinary person could survive. It can't be helped, but to fall into even deeper agony, right?

"So good! Amazingly nice!! Ah~ As I expected, it really suits these children!"

"You made this?"

"That's right. I'm also a tailor, after all. This is something I made a long time ago, but you see~ the moment I saw these children, I couldn't help it, but want them to put it on!!"

This person is apparently also a tailor. That explains why several clothes are on displayed.

"Are you selling this?"

Because the two are adorable in it, if she's selling it I would like to buy it. The seasons already changed, but there's still room to grow so when it gets chilly again, they will be able to wear it.

"Of course! But, is that all right? It's made from a good fabric so the price is quite high. It's an unsold item so there's a discount, but..."

"It's all right. It suits the two well, after all."

"Really!? You saved me!!"

Thus, I immediately bought the two kemonomimi capes.

Ah, before I forget, we also visited the nearby shop to purchase the mirror.

Because I have bought lots for Elena this time, I will have to buy Allen something next, is what I thought, but...... but, what do you buy for boys?

...... Nn? What would be good?

Girls are easy to understand. It was a ribbon and a mirror this time. It will be an accessory next time. A stuffed toy after that...

Then, for a boy? When I ask, the answer gets jammed.

What did I get when I was small?

―――Games and manga? They don't have that in this world......

―――A soccer ball or baseball glove? That's also not here...

―――A plastic model? Not here............

―――Building blocks? Would it be useful even if they sell it? In the first place, would the two play with building blocks?

Nn? This is no good...... I can't think of anything good......

After thinking for a while and not figuring anything out, I have decided to put Allen's shopping on hold.

Sorry, Allen...... I will think about it, so when there's another opportunity......

~

"Gaya Forest" monster subjugation request.

The objective is thinning out the monsters and investigating whether monster nests were built in the vicinity of the town and sweep them if they were.

――Gaya Forest.

A very dangerous forest with a degree of risk at rank A, where monsters run rampant in significant numbers.

It is said that the central part of the forest is the territory of monsters so powerful that no one was able to return from there yet safely.

But, that does not mean that monsters are concentrated only in the center of the forest. The monsters appear even along the border of the forest.

The monsters that escape from the central part are classified as C-Rank and D-Rank. Nevertheless, they are still a great threat to ordinary people.

In addition, the strong monsters...... it's not like A-Rank monsters never come outside of the forest.

When they come out of the forest, the damage to humans inevitably increases.

Therefore, to influence the vicinity of the town...... a sweeping force is needed to clean up the near forest.

It's usually done just by knights without needing to have the help of adventurers.

This is a special case because of the place that is Gaya Forest.

Even if one enlists to knights and diligently trains, there is only a handful of people who can stride along in the Gaya Forest.

In addition, the town of Shirin is right around the border near a town in the Argo Kingdom. Although a friendly country, the town can't be left defenseless with all influential people going to the Gaya Forest.

Because of that, adventurers are called for help.

Influential people including A-Rank and B-Rank adventurer parties are being gathered.

As for me, I have received a designated request from the Knights branch Captain Grunwald Ruven-sama to participate in the joint subjugation.

◇ ◇ ◇

On the appointed day. I stopped by the Adventurer's Guild with Allen and Elena first. My purpose was to check the details about the request.

Honestly, I didn't hear what sort of request this time's request is. Just the usual situation.

I didn't so I wanted to grasp the contents of the requests, so I won't get in the way. The Guild is on the way to the west gate, after all.

Therefore, I scanned the request board and then went to the gathering place at the west gate.

There, Knights loading several carriages and adventurers who also accepted the request are already gathered. When the people noticed our presence, they looked at us with suspicious and sharp gazes.

I know I stand out because I have children with me, but what an unpleasant atmosphere.

For now, I ignore the stares and approach Wald-sama who is giving instructions.

"Ou, you came!"

Wald-sama who noticed us lifts up one hand and walks towards us.

"Good morning, Wald-sama."

"You properly came. The little ones came too as expected."

"Since I have received the request I would naturally come. Besides, Wald-sama understood that the children would go with me when you have given me the request, right?"

Wald-sama knows the circumstances of Allen and Elena. If you knew, why would you want me to participate in the request!

"Hahaha. You guys will be all right. Besides, I put you guys into my team."

"You have divided us into teams?"

"Three teams in total. A line-up of fifteen people. The parties of adventurers were kept together."

"From what I can see there is no other three-person party beside us?"

It's easy to see each party from the way the adventurers are gathering.

"I let you guys participate on my own, after all. Ah, that way the number of knights could be decreased."

You seem to have been at least paid considerate in the party dividing.

"If you can pay that much consideration, you should have at least explained about us to the other knights. You didn't even tell them about us participating? I can feel their cold gazes since a while ago."

"Oh! I forgot!"

This person......

The knights who were listening to our conversation attentively looks at Wald-sama with indifferent expressions. I wonder if Wald-sama is always like this.

But, it should have been transmitted that the person who asked us to come was Wald-sama himself. I hope this would make conversing with the unit a bit easier, though......

Allen and Elena who are sensitive towards the surroundings took the stares of others as "hostility," but they still thankfully didn't lash out, but clung closely to my legs instead.

I decided to lift the two up because it was hard walking like that. I lifted one, I lifted the second, and now they cling to my neck instead.

This will last for a while, huh......

◇ ◇ ◇

We moved by the carriage to the Gaya Forest. Because the carriages can't be left behind outside the forest, knights who don't participate in the subjugation will take them back.

We will arrive in four to five hours.

I was able to exchange a few words with the knights in the carriage. I'm glad their attitude softened a bit.

Because I was "Forced by Wald-sama", they had a sympathizing atmosphere around them, though. Apparently, Wald-sama regularly stirs up his surroundings.

The atmosphere in the carriage loosened and we arrived at the place of destination in peace.

"Alright! The preparations are complete. From here, you will move according to your party's route towards the camping point."

This subjugation expedition is planned to last for five days. First, the three parties will move through the forest separately.

The party we are in has 10 Knights including Wald-sama. Also, 4 men party『Dragon Breath』containing an A-Rank adventurer Rudolph-san. 17 people in total.

Without delay, I follow Wald-sama's team while holding hands with Allen and Elena.

After walking in the forest for a while.

"There~"

"Coming."

It seems that Allen and Elena sensed a monster. They point to the left with their fingers while pulling the hem of my clothes.

"Thank you. Wald-sama, a monster is coming from the left side."

I immediately report to the captain of this team, Wald-sama.

"N, from left? ――... Takumi, nothing's there."

"There's still some distance. But, you should see it soon. What to do in a situation like this? Everyone takes care of it?"

The extent of Allen's and Elena's detection is vast. Therefore, we have spare time to prepare to confront the monster.

"Gilm, can you detect it?"

"Dragon Breath" leader, A-Rank Rudolph-san immediately checks with his party member.

Rudolph-san has a dignified, well-built stature, and he's carrying a spear with an ax-like blade attached...... a 38 years old man carrying a halberd. Indeed, a person emitting a "veteran" atmosphere.

The one he checks with is a C-Rank scout named Gilm-san. If I'm not mistaken, he possesses a detection skill. The other two are a B-Rank swordsman Zack-san and the only woman, C-Rank magician Iris-san.

"No, there's no reaction."

"Oioi, that true? Don't say such spew such nonsense to me."

"........."

It seems like Gilm-san's detection still didn't react.

The surroundings become noisy.

Hearing Gilm-san's results, Zack-san jeers back in doubt. But, Rudolph-san as if observing something looks at the children and me.

I have a "Detection" skill, but this uses me as a center to spread magical power and allows me to search for magical power other than mine. It uses quite the quantity of the user and is considerably different from presence detection.

Even though he has the same "Detection" like me, since the amount of magical power I have is overwhelmingly larger, I can search a wider area.

And although similar to "Detection", Allen and Elena have "Presence Detection". It's an ability which allows them to sense a malicious intent in a certain scope.

Although we have to activate the skill on our own, Allen and Elena are using the skill unconsciously.

And, the effective radius of Allen's and Elena's "Presence Detection" is vast. I checked this fact myself with my "Detection".

That's the reason, Gilm-san's detection hasn't reacted yet.

"Ah!"

"What's wrong?"

"There's a reaction. Incoming!"

It seems the monster finally appeared in his detection.

"What!?"

"Really?"

"Dragon Breath" members and knights simultaneously look towards us.

Nono, it's really the truth. It's not like I would say something irresponsible in a place like this.

Hey, what are you going to do about that? You shouldn't be paying attention here?

Immediately, a single Red Wolf enters the view. When it's seen, and everyone enters a ready for battle mode――

"Ah, oi!"

One of the knights points to a direction.

Ah, crap!

When I look to what he's pointing at, I see Allen and Elena charging at the Red Wolf.

When we were in the dungeon I told them "when you find a monster it's all right to defeat it", I remembered too late.

I forgot to tell Allen and Elena to behave......

The two drew close to the Red Wolf immediately.

There, Allen quickly kicks the chin of the Red Wolf from below. The Red Wolf raised a bit because of that kick and this time Elena drives a dropkick on its head.

The Red Wolf crashed into the ground and stopped moving.

"....................."

The knights and adventurers all have the same dumbfounded expression with their mouths agape.

~

""Defeated~!""

Allen and Elena return as if nothing has happened. While drawing the defeated Red Wolf by its forepaws behind them......

They have completely mastered the dungeon's action of "picking up dropped items from defeated monsters."

However... I should stop you from dragging the Red Wolf's large body with your little bodies...... everyone got even more surprised, after all......

"Ah, yeah. Good job~ Are you unhurt?"

"No."

"Is okay~"

First, let's pat the heads of the two who safely defeated the monster. It already became a habit. If I don't do that, the children will look up at me with anxiety.

"Ah~, also. This time, Oniichan and the others will fight the monsters, why don't Allen and Elena take a day-off?"

""? Understand~""

I tell them before I forget. There are 15 experienced adults, Allen and Elena shouldn't need to fight.

The two tilted their heads in puzzlement, but they seemed to understand. Like this, even if they find a monster, they won't recklessly charge at it.

"Oi! The hell was that just now!"

"No~... just as you saw?"

Even if you ask me what...

"Red Wolf is a C-Rank, you know!"

"Didn't you, Wald-sama assess the children as C-Rank adventurers yourself?"

"That was you! Did you want to make your opponents careless because he was facing children!?"

Eh!? Did you interpret it like that?

"...... Even if you thought so, I have told you about how I found these kids, right?"

"That talk about them being orphaned, right? What about it?"

...... Seriously?

Did he not notice anything......

You, how could you want me to join in the request then?

"I told you I found these children malnourished in the Gaya Forest."

"I have heard that."

"!!"

Wald-sama looks like he doesn't understand yet, but the silver-haired, grayish blue-eyed, stereotypical "brains" like looking vice-captain Isaac Risner-sama realized it. He opens his eyes wide in surprise.

"...... By that, you mean "the children have originally lived in this forest"...... right?"

"Ah!!"

With Risner-sama's words, Wald-sama finally understood.

"That's right. Were they defeating the monsters, or were they running away from them? I don't know how they lived until now yet, but they have certainly survived in the forest for several days."

"..............."

Everyone is at a loss for words.

Everyone knows the dreadfulness of this forest. For that reason, they can imagine just how harsh those several days Allen and Elena lived here must have been.

"Anyhow. These children were originally strong, so even if you ask me I won't be able to answer you."

I said while patting the heads of Allen and Elena on both of my sides.

If I say it like that, there most likely won't be anyone who will ask further questions.

"Well then, here you go."

To not linger about this topic anymore, I present the defeated Red Wolf to Wald-sama.

"Ah?"

"The Knights are collecting the defeated monsters, right?"

"Yes......"

The defeated monsters are at once collected the Knights, then purchased later. A suitable price depending on the contribution will be paid separately from the request payment.

So I said, why do you still have such complicated expressions?

"......... You guys can keep that."

"Is that alright?"

"Yes. If I include that in the check, I would feel guilty for stealing from the kids...... N? Takumi, do you have a magic bag? Should I lend you one?"

"No, it's alright."

I'm told that we can harvest this Red Wolf.

Because the wolf was completely defeated by Allen and Elena only, he would feel awkward to collect it.

Even though he doesn't have to worry about it~ But, well if he says so, I will take it without any reservation.

"...... Infinite Storage? A space-time magic user..."

"Eh!?"

Rudolph-san points out when I collect the Red Wolf.

How did he know!?

I have made an unnatural reaction because of your sudden comment!

"The flow of magical power of magic bag and Infinite Storage is different. That thing on your waist is definitely a magic bag, but you have collected it elsewhere, right?"

"........."

That surprised me. To think he would be able to distinguish the difference of magical flow between magic bag and Infinite Storage......

"That's amazing. To be able to perceive such a small difference in magical flow."

"It's only possible for people who excel at perceiving magical power."

Proficiency of a skill, huh...... As expected of A-Rank. Indeed, not an ordinary person.

The others aside from Rudolph-san look surprised. I wasn't planning on concealing it forever, but I was unexpectedly exposed early.

But, like this, I will be able to use it without holding back, so let's not mind it?

The surveying of the forest has resumed.

And then, after a while――

""Ah!""

Allen and Elena suddenly run off and squat to a tree's base.

N? Is there something? Ah, a medicinal plant.

""Here!""

What the two brought back is a Magic Spirit Grass.

=====

Magic Spirit Grass

A medicinal plant growing in places with a strong magic element in the air.

A special condition is necessary in order to cultivate the demonic element. There is no success in its cultivation so far.

A useful medicinal plant mainly used for magic potions.

=====

"You remembered well~ However you see~......"

""Can't~?""

This is a medicinal plant which we gathered for a request once before. The two remembered it well.

But, we are working in a group right now, so I can't have them going out on their own.

It's not good. Normally I would......

I glance over to Wald-sama. Then, Allen and Elena look at him too.

Then, once again.

""Can't~?""

They request with puppy eyes.

If it were me, I would get defeated instantly. How about Wald-sama......?

"...... I don't mind if you follow without falling behind."

He closed his eyes for Allen and Elena.

Since listening to the talk about Allen and Elena a while ago, the other knights watch over the children with lukewarm expressions.

Allen and Elena sense that too, they are able to give simple answers.

We have become quite well-known, but that may have been good.

Yeah, all turned out good...... I think?

"Don't go too far."

""Ye~s""

Allen and Elena who received permission start running here and there energetically. They collect medicinal plants and fruits one by one.

But, you see, I didn't teach them about the medicinal plants in the vicinity? ...... Eh, did they see them before?

... Yes, when I met them in the Gaya Forest for the first time. I was indeed gathering various things at that time. But, I was collecting it alone, did they remember just from seeing me?

They remember well~

My body was inserted with knowledge and appraisal, so I had it easy, but these children really are talented~

"Oniicha~n."

"Get that~"

Allen and Elena seem to find something again and trot over to me. Then, they point their fingers at a big rock, trying to show me something.

When I look towards the direction they are pointing at, I see moss growing in the shade of rocks.

I see. This can't be gathered without gloves. These children even remember the proper gathering method.

=====

Iwamizu Moss

A turquoise species of moss growing in humid, dark places. Especially in the shade of rocks.

Causes rash in contact with bare hands.

Medicine for an itch when mixed with several kinds of medicinal plants.

=====

"What's that?"

"That's an Iwamizu Moss, isn't it? They are really smart children."

All members stop and look at the shade of the rock.

Most of the people tilt their heads in puzzlement, but Risner-sama seems to know of it. My brains-like impression of him wasn't wrong.

"This is a material mainly used for skin itch medicine. Captain, you were previously lamenting when an anti-itch medicine wasn't being sold, weren't you? It's used for that. The reason that medicine isn't sold that much anymore is because the Iwamizu Moss's acquisition has recently decreased."

"Mainly used for skin itch medicine" Risner-sama makes it sound good, but...... in other words, it's that. Medicine for athlete's foot.

Wald-sama... you have an athlete's foot, don't you......

Are? Why are so many people staring at the moss? You guys too!?

"Seriously!? Oshi! Let's gather it all!"

"Captain, you can't!"

"Wald-sama, you can't!"

Wald-sama who really wants an itch medicine quickly moved towards the moss. Both Risner-sama and I stop him in panic.

"Captain, if you touch it bare handed you will get rash. Please, think a bit about why those children didn't gather it themselves but called Takumi-san instead! Even though I told you to 'Stop working by instinct' so many times! Besides―――"

Risner-sama started his lecturing. The other knights look like this is a normal occurrence. Being a vice-captain to a captain who moves on instincts seems tough.

While the lecturing is going on, I put on leather gloves, shave off the moss clinging to the rock with a knife and collect it.

However, even when I was done with the collecting, the lecturing time didn't come to an end yet.

Is it still going to continue?

Let's confirm with the other knights.

"When will this finish?"

"It won't end for another hour."

...... Another hour? No~ I can't wait that long......

Can't be helped......

"Let's release the ultimate weapon..."

"The ultimate weapon... is it?"

"Right. Allen, Elena. Come here―――"

I whisper to their ears and send them out towards Risner-sama.

"N?"

The two approach Risner-sama and pull on the hem of his clothes. Risner-sama noticed it and stopped his lecturing.

"What's the matter?"

"Here."

"For you."

Allen and Elena hand Risner-sama the gathered Iwamizu Moss.

"You are giving me this?"

Risner-sama who crouched down checks the contents of the bag and confirms with Allen and Elena.

"Yea."

"For you~"

"Thank you very much."

""Yea!""

They were able to end the lecturing time safely.

Allen, Elena. You did well!

~

"Allen, Elena. Come! It's time for a break."

""Ye~s""

I call over the two children who are running all over the place, picking fruits and medicinal plants, and use《Washing》on them.

"What would you like for a snack?"

Because I got permission from Wald-sama, the two have a snack break while walking.

Allen and Elena who move the same as the adults, eat half of what the adults eat. It can't be helped because they have small stomachs. However, that would prevent them from receiving enough nutrition, so I often give them snacks on the move.

""Cream!""

The request of the two seems to be a Cream bread.

"Here. Eat while paying attention so you don't trip."

""Ye~s.""

The two bit into the bread immediately after I hand it over to them. Wald-sama who saw that suddenly shouts.

"Oi! Is that Gold Wheat's Shop's phantom bread!?"

"What's with that......」

Phantom bread? Cream bread?

"Sold on days without a fixed date, moreover, there's a limit of 20 breads a day, therefore it's called 'Phantom bread'!"

Oh, seems like Road-san started selling Cream bread.

◆ ◆ ◆

It was a few days after arriving at the town of Shirin.

"Excuse me."

"Ye~s."

When the sun was setting, I visited a bakery called "Gold Wheat's Shop".

The goods weren't displayed anymore, it was the closing time.

When I entered the shop and called the salesclerk, a woman immediately came from inside the shop.

"I'm sorry, it's time for the shop to close today."

The woman was apologetic.

"Is it possible to order bread here?"

First of all, I asked what I came to ask.

"Do you mean you need a certain quantity prepared?"

"No, there's bread I want you to make."

The bread eaten in Aetherdia is simple. The sizes are different by the shop, but all of them are just a circular bread.

Table roll――a small-sized bread used as a garnish for meals.

If a Pullman loaf is not being sold here, things like Kashi-pan or Chouri-pan won't sell anywhere.

But, there are more or fewer varieties of bread.

Containing albumen mixed with wheat flour――a bread made with whole wheat flour, Cereal bread.

Bread made from refined white wheat flour, White bread.

A rye flour――a bread made from rye, Brown bread.

Although the white bread is delicious and fluffy, it's wasteful not to develop it further.

I thought. If it's not here, why not just create it?

So I came to "Gold Wheat's Shop".

"You want to make? Is it something different from what's being sold?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Umm...... the bread is made by the father so... I will get him."

"Alright."

The woman is apparently a daughter of the shopkeeper. She went back to the kitchen and called over the shopkeeper.

"Is it you? The one wanting to make bread."

Immediately, a solidly built man, with a typical "Shop uncle" appearances came out.

"What do you want to make?"

"Umm, it's this, but..."

I take out a custard cream and Ranka fruit jam I made myself.

"N...... a jam? I don't know this one..."

"This is called custard cream. I want to put this inside bread and bake it."

"Put inside, you say?"

"Is that not possible?"

"It's not like it's not possible, but. I have never made something like that before..."

"In that case―――"

I visited "Gold Wheat's Shop" the next day in the afternoon again and demonstrated the shopkeeper, Road-san how to make it.

I received a pre-made white bread dough from Road-san and I immediately worked on the filling.

First, I taught Road-san how to wrap the jam and custard cream in the dough properly. As expected of a baker, he quickly got hold of it.

The custard cream and jam I prepared has been all used up in no time. On the other hand, there was quite a lot of the dough remaining.

He wanted to bake the remaining dough normally, but I asked if I can take it over as I was thinking about using it for different bread.

Road-san who showed interest in the Cream bread and Jam buns readily approved.

Having said that, something suddenly came on my mind......

I retrieved Raisins from the Infinite Storage I washed them in hot water and lightly sprinkled with rum. Well, I intended to make a basic Raisin bread. I only knead it into the dough.

After all, there is also no store which sells those.

What can I make next...... ah, that's right! There was that!

What I retrieved next is a cinnamon stick. I found and bought this while walking around a grocery store.

That and sugar. Sugar is not from a grocery store, but it was something I received from Syl. I mix it with cinnamon to create a cinnamon sugar.

I spread the dough into a 30cm rectangle and paint the surface with melted butter, sprinkle it over with the cinnamon sugar and coil it around in a cylinder shape.

I cut it into 3~4cm long sections and bake it. All that's left is to sprinkle it over with a dissolved sugar once it's baked?

I surprisingly quite love them~ Cinnamon rolls.

Now, Road-san only needs to bake them properly.

After all the bread was baked, it was time for sampling.

"So good!"

I receive praises from Road-san.

""Yummy~""

Allen and Elena who observed me the whole time finally bit into the samples which they really liked. Although they were only samples, but because there were four kinds of bread, they filled their mouths plentily.

A~ah, if they eat so much, they won't be able to eat dinner later~

And then, the bread I made (strictly speaking, they weren't my ideas) became the talk of "Gold Wheat's Shop".

Of course, I have approved of it. If it sells, I will be now able to buy it from a shop. Because the custard cream tends to spoil, I had to explain its method of making, though carefully.

After that, Road-san did various trials and errors and put the products on sale.

◆ ◆ ◆

The rumors of "Gold Wheat's Shop" Jam bun, Raisin bread, Cinnamon roll being first-class bread from the town of Shirin spread around.

The rival bakeries now started selling them too.

Well, but no matter what happens, their rivals won't be able to reproduce it properly. But still, there are one or two shops that are ahead of『Gold Wheat's Shop』.

But, the Cream bread made with custard cream is a specialty of "Gold Wheat's Shop". They won't allow its ingredients to be known to anyone.

The culture of "Bread, the main protagonist" was born......

... I honestly didn't know. When did it become like that......

I didn't think that the Cream bread would become so famous it would be called "Phantom bread"......

"Moreover, there's a talk it sells out a few minutes after selling. Takumi, you bought it!"

"No, this is something that was personally made for me."

"Haa!? What's that! They shouldn't be accepting orders for that!"

I did order anything from Road-san.

Rather, why is Wald-sama so knowledgeable about this? Did he perhaps not eaten it yet?

The Knights including Wald-sama are looking envious...... The adventurers of "Dragon Breath" who are not from Shirin didn't seem to know of it, but they are now greatly interested...

"Kiddos, share a bit with me"

""No~!!""

Please don't go taking food from children!!

Ah~ my Cream bread inventory...... ah, there's enough for all people here.

Can't be helped~

"Only this one time~"

"Seriously!? Alright!"

When I take out the Cream bread, everyone gathers.

Calm down a bit! This is "Gaya Forest" be a little careful of the surroundings!

"My~ that was good!"

Everyone who ate the Cream bread liked it. There seems to be an unexpectedly large amount of people who like sweets.

However, in this world, the most common sweet thing is jam.

There also seems to be cookies, but they are something that only those with a bit more money can afford.

Honey and starch syrup appear to be relatively cheap, but it can only be eaten like that or mixed in a tea.

No wonder I couldn't find sweets for Allen and Elena in the town.

I have no choice, but to make the sweets myself from now on.

~

"Buhiiiiiii~"

After the unexpected break, a group consisting of six Orcs and one High Orc has appeared after we resumed the survey.

Knights in pairs take on the Orcs, while the "Dragon Breath" party engages the High Orc.

And I'm also responsible for taking care of one Orc.

Although Allen and Elena are here, I confront the Orc alone.

Seeing that, Rudolph-san and Gilm-san offered help, but I of course declined.

There's only one opponent, after all. There are no problems.

"Wind Cutter."

I quickly cut its head off, case closed!

Orc has a large body with great power, but its movements are slow so it's easy to defeat. All you have to do is aim and shoot. A big body means a big target.

Easy peasy!

"Haa~!"

As for the Knights, one person attracts the Orc's attention and the other person strikes at it.

They keep repeating it wounding it little by little and then give it a fatal wound. It's a very steady way of fighting.

I just quietly watch, ready for a follow-up anytime.

However...... Their way of fighting is completely opposite of me who can only fight with brute strength.

It's a way of fighting that I, who lived 20 years without a single fight can't do.

In the first place, I didn't do any other exercises back on Earth than running (I wasn't fast by any means). I was not athletic at all.

Un, I was a klutz. What a sad thing......

In ball games, I was catching the balls with my face~ It's all old memories now.

However, I can now run fast because of the present body, my physical ability can't be compared to my previous one!

Iya~ moving freely is splendid! I could avoid any ball now!

However, even if my physical ability increased, my martial experience is zero, so I may not be able to provide much support......

I know I can't help because I never had any interest in things like these, leaving me with limited knowledge.

Allen' and Elena's fighting style is strong, should I learn a bit from them? Dojo... is there a place like that somewhere~

There should be a place that teaches basics. Let's look for one next time.

"Oriyaa~!"

"Buhiiii~"

Ah, looks like Wald-sama and others defeat all of the Orcs. There don't seem to be any injuries.

"Haaa!"

"Buhiiiiiii~!"

Oh, Rudolph-san's halberd beheaded the High Orc.

With the High Orc's cry of agony, Rudolph-san shouts not losing to the Orc.

"Whoa!"

When all Orcs are defeated, Wald-sama looks at me with a stern expression. Then he suddenly asks while grabbing my head.

"Takumi!!"

"Yes!?"

"To instakill an Orc... just who are you!"

Even if you ask me that.

I understand that an experienced Knight will have troubles against Orc in a one on one fight, but I think that anyone with some skill in magic can behead such slow monster easily?

Moreover, others also didn't take that much time to deal with their opponents.

Why are you grabbing my head?

""Uu~"

"Allen, Elena. It's all right. Wald-sama how about releasing your hand? The two are wary of you."

I'm being bullied? The two probably thought so and let out cute growling noises.

Hearing my words, Wald-sama notices Allen and Elena clinging to my sides while glaring at him. He awkwardly releases his hand.

"Allen, Elena. Look, I'm okay, calm down please~"

For now, I pat the two U~ u~ growling kids' heads.

"To have that done to him and be alright!"

"Perhaps captain wasn't serious enough?"

"No, that was serious. I can tell. That was a considerable amount of power."

"... Inhuman."

"Right. He's not normal."

Because I was held with all his strength, I felt pain. However, I have a physical attack resistance. Moreover, it's MAX'ed!

Therefore, although I felt only a little pain, an average person would be finished. The Knight start whispering among themselves after witnessing me not showing any reaction to Wald-sama's attack.

Hey, you guys...... I can hear you.

They are certainly not wrong. I'm God's retainer "Human?". You are not wrong, but...... that's somewhat rude.

"Wald-sama and others also didn't take much time to deal with their opponents."

"We were in pairs! Moreover, we can't do something like instakilling it! You are an F-Rank fraud!"

"No, I have raised by one rank, so I'm an E-Rank now."

Adventurers normally start at F-Rank, right? Then, they steadily improve their rank.

I'm not a fraud!

"Doesn't change the fact it's stra~nge!."

So cruel......

"Rudolph-dono! I will contact Guild Master too, but once we return, please tell Guild Master to raise this fellow's rank immediately!"

"Right. I will definitely talk to him."

"........."

Oh my?

"With a high ranker's recommendation, the Guild Master can raise one rank to some extent."

Rudolph-san who saw my bewilderment explains.

Something like skipping grades? I see, so there was such a system.

As expected, I didn't know such information.

Probably, even though Syl knows basic information, he isn't aware of small details like this. It's not necessary for him, after all.

It wouldn't be bad to raise my rank, right? The extent of requests I could take will increase.

What procedures should be taken after returning to the town?

Well~ Rudolph-san said he would talk to the guild's top so I should probably just wait since they will be contacting me?

"First of all, let's clean up. Fuse, Cain. Rudolph-dono and others dismantle the High Orc. Collect as much meat as you need. Others take the Orcs."

People start dismantling on Wald-sama's orders.

I also collect the Orc's materials.

First, the magic stone.

Next, the testicles...... it's apparently an ingredient used for male-oriented stimulants. I will absolutely never drink it, but...... this seems to be quite high in demand.

High Orc's materials are the same as Orc's, magic stone and testicles. Also, it's skin is used for protective gear.

Also, both have an enormous amount of meat.

This is a problem. Several of 3~4 meters tall Orcs leave behind quite a lot of meat.

It's food. It would be normally brought back, but today is the first day of the expedition. If we secure it now, it will spoil before we could get back to the town.

Unfortunately, in a case like this, we can only secure enough for us to consume.

"All right, we are done. Then―――"

And, the rest is burned, so they don't turn undead.

―――Normally, they would be burned, but......

"Wald-sama."

"Takumi, what's up?"

"Have you forgotten? With me, we can collect everything"

The meat won't spoil in my Infinite Storage.

"Ah!"

He seemed to forget because he's not familiar with it yet, but the time stops in space-time magic. It should be known that time stops inside the《Infinite Storage》.

Thus, we have decided to collect the rest of the Orc meat.

Because it would take a time to dismantle, I just stored everything inside Infinite Storage just like that.

"Nevertheless...... to think there would be a group so close to the town."

"This is unusual."

"What do you think, Rudolph-dono?"

It seems to be rare to encounter a group half a day distance of the town.

They are mostly seen alone.

Wald-sama and Risner-sama confirm the situation with Rudolph-san.

"Mm. I have a feeling that the atmosphere in the forest has been quieter than before......"

Rudolph-san's meaning isn't "it's calm", but "it's quiet before the storm".

"Captain, it might be better to investigate this carefully."

"Yea, I agree. Let's move with more care from now on."

We advance further to the forest while cautious.

~

When the sun begins to go down, we arrived at the camping point.

I wanted to prepare a meal, but it seems the Knights are in charge of meals.

The ones in charge are the knights Cain-san and Heinz-san.

It appears that the menu is High Orc meat skewer, soup, and hard bread.

Cain-san pours water into a large pot and puts a small number of dehydrated vegetables inside. Soup?

Heinz-san is preparing the skewers. He's cutting the Hight Orc meat into chunks and stabbing it on skewers...... Fist-sized chunks of meat?

............... N?

"Please, wait a moment!"

"Takumi-san, what's the matter?"

I hesitated to interfere, but...... I can't overlook this!

I absolutely feel wrong about this......

"I just want to confirm, but...... are you going to put something else in this soup? after boiling it?"

"No, I will just season it with salt afterward!"

"........."

Seriously......

"Are you going to cook meat of that size?"

"Yes!"

"........."

..................

Oh my...... is this normal? It feels like nothing is strange about this......

Nono! Indeed, the meals in "Komadori Pavilion" had a salt-based taste. However, they were appropriately delicious.

This is not normal!

"First, the soup. Aren't you missing ingredients for the stock? It will only have a salty taste like this... Then, make the meat into a bit smaller pieces, if too little they will easily burn, if too big, they will be underdone."

The people here were saying that the cream bread was delicious. Which means that their palate isn't misaligned.

So for what reason are they overlooking this?

When I ask Wald-sama and the other knights―――

"We are mostly people who can't cook, you see."

"Every time during the camp it's 'as long as we eat' feeling. Dried meat and hard bread are better than soup stock alone."

"It's because, in this unit, Cain and Heinz make the best meals."

Most of the knights are noblemen. It should be quite reasonable that they can't cook.

However, since they are nobles they should have refined palates...... they don't seem to mind.

They probably make a firm line during camping.

After that, I ask the Dragon Breath party―――

"We also always eat dried meat and hard bread."

"Iris? No way, impossible. This fellow can't cook~mon."

"Rather, this fellow makes hazardous waste."

"............ I can live even without being able to cook!"

I got a similar answer.

Apparently, there is no decent cook.

No, but I'm sorry. I don't want to eat the meal Cain-san and Heinz-san are going to make.

Besides, I have to pay attention to Allen's and Elena's meals. Their malnourished bodies finally started approaching the standard.

Dried meat and hard bread are disagreeable, but I will definitely won't let them eat nearly salt water soup and underdone meat!

"Cain-san! Please, finely cut 3~4 pieces of meat and put them into the pot! Heinz-san, please cut all the chunks of meat into 1/4 sizes! I will return right away, so please do it in the meantime!"

I give instructions to Cain-san and Heinz-san without caring for my standing, leave the camping point and enter the forest to gather the necessary things.

Of course, Allen and Elena follow after me.

First, securing the ingredients!

It would be alright to use ingredients from the《Infinite Storage》, but I thought it would be better not to use it in front of the other teams.

Besides, the forest is a treasure house of ingredients. I can gather enough ingredients in a matter of several minutes without having to use the ingredients from《Infinite Storage》.

"I'm back!"

After returning with edible plants and mushrooms in both of my hands, I immediately start cooking.

"This is?"

"Ena grass and Blue Seed. Both are edible plants. And this is Rook mushroom and Petal mushroom. These are edible mushrooms."

"I have seen those at the market."

"That's right. All of them are common, after all."

I give names and explain about to plants I picked to Cain-san and other interested people.

All these plants and mushroom are commonly sold at the market. I thought they might accept the things they are familiar with easier. I choose the things to pick like that.

I have found some rare mushroom that doesn't appear at the market that much, but I have stopped myself from serving them something they are not familiar with while telling them "It's all right" to eat.

Ah, of course, I picked it and stored it inside the Infinite Storage.

"These grow almost anywhere, so it will be useful to remember them."

After adding the chopped meat, I washed and cut the plants, vegetables, and mushrooms and added them to the pot.

While the water in the pot is getting hot on the fire, I stick mouthful-sized meat onto skewers, lightly sprinkle them with salt, and put them near the fire.

Of course, I have used Cain-san and Heinz-san.

The two are helping without complaining. From a certain standpoint, it may seem like I'm selfishly butting in. Somehow, I'm sorry......

I season the soup lastly after the veggies and mushrooms cook. Because the dried meat comes with salt, using just a little bit of salt is okay.

The mushrooms and dried meat in the soup leave a nice feeling to it.

I grill the meat carefully without exposing it to intense heat.

All right, it's finished!

"!!!!"

Everyone takes a mouthful of the completed dish and their movements stop.

Was it not palatable? I thought for a moment, but the next moment, everyone started vigorously stuffing their mouths.

"Oh!"

"Delicious!"

"Ngu!"

Seems like I was worried for nothing.

They continue quietly eating after that, and all of the soup and grilled meat disappeared.

"My~ I'm stuffed! That was delicious~!"

"I'm glad it suited your tastes."

Because it was a simple food that didn't take much effort to make, I didn't think they would be so pleased with it. If they are pleased like this, it was worthwhile cooking it.

"Well~ Takumi is talented. I can't think that he just came of age."

".................. Haah?"

Wald-sama suddenly says something strange.

What did he just say? Did he just say "came of age"?

It means becoming an adult in Japanese. However, on Aetherdia, one becomes an adult at 15 years of age, you know?

Is this that...... I look five years younger?

".................. I don't know how old you think I am, but I'm 20, you know?"

"Eh!?"

Ueh!? Everyone!? Everyone here is surprised?

"Seriously!? I thought you would be 16-17 at most."

"........."

Was I only seen as someone who just came of age? So it's true that the faces of Japanese people look young...... I have realized it for the first time.

A silly talk continued after that.

I had to tsukkomi a few times as the talk flowed, but it went well.

When it became dark, the night watch has been selected.

There will be three shifts, but I was told I don't need to be on duty today, so I gratefully decided to sleep.

"Here, Allen, Elena."

I put the blanket over Allen and Elena, and they cuddle to my sides as always.

"Do you always sleep like that?"

"Just when sleeping outside. They don't seem to like sleeping on the cold ground."

"Fuun~"

I have tried spreading the blanket on the ground once before, but the two opposed by shaking their heads.

It seems like they recall the time before meeting me..... their environment when they were slaves. They don't appear to remember much, but they remember this.

In addition, the two seem to have taken a liking to sleep like this after the first time.

"Then, I will gratefully accept your offer and sleep."

"Ou. Have a good sleep."

Suu~ Suu~ the two have already fallen asleep. After gently patting their heads, I closed my eyelids.

The next day when I woke up, everyone was staring at me with expectations to make breakfast.

Of course, I made it......

I mean, I might as well make something delicious.

~

"Captain! That!"

The second day of the expedition advanced smoothly. We are a little ahead of schedule today as all three teams are going to gather at one camping point.

At that time, an accident has happened.

One of the knights all of sudden loudly shouts and points towards a direction.

N? A red light is visible.

"It's a flare! We are rushing to join up!"

Wald-sama says quickly changes the direction. Others follow him.

Only I follow without knowing what's going on.

By flare they mean the red light, right? Does it have any meaning?

"What is that?"

"It's light from an emergency magic tool. We use it when encountering an unmanageable monster, when in need of assistance. One of the teams must be in trouble."

There seem to be various colors with different meanings, the red means that help is requested, and on the other hand, blue is used when there's no need for help.

There also seem to be smoke flare types, but light flare types are used in places like Gaya Forest where the view is obstructed.

Risner-sama quickly explained while speedily advancing towards the flare.

The reason we do not run at full speed is that it's highly possible that we will have to fight before getting to the destination. We wouldn't be of any help if we got exhausted before joining up.

Everyone moves at a quick pace while suppressing the feelings of impatience.

"It would be better to hurry up?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Then, I will go ahead. Allen and Elena―――"

""Going~""

It's an emergency with human lives on the line. I shouldn't be stingy.

Because I can use Wind Magic to accelerate, I will use that and go ahead.

Therefore, I have thought to let Allen and Elena stay with Wald-sama and others―――but they spoke faster than me.

It seems impossible to persuade them now, so I decided to take them along. We shouldn't be wasting any more time.

"Wind, gather around me and form a gale. Accel."

I chant with Allen and Elena in my arms. It looked like Wald-sama was saying something, but I ignored it, enveloped my body in wind's power, and started running.

Several minutes later, we arrived at the place of destination.

"Is that it!"

People opposing monsters with their swords appeared in my sight.

I jumped up with the momentum and landed on a branch where I overlooked the situation from.

The monster is Red Wolf's higher variety, B-Rank Bloody Wolf. Moreover, it's a whole pack. Bloody Wolf is a wolf with a fur red as blood. Confirming visually...... there are 7 in total?

The path of retreat has been cut off. Furthermore, there several people on their knees. Wounded? They don't seem to be severely wounded, but it will get dangerous if it continues.

"Allen, Elena. I will reduce the numbers first by bit, will you help me with the clean up?"

""Yea!""

"Thank you."

""Ye~s.""

The situation is worse than I thought. It feels like they are "Barely holding their ground" and won't be able to hold any longer.

I wanted to help alone, but it doesn't look I will be able to rescue them all on my own, so I asked Allen and Elena for assistance.

"Air Shot."

First, I aim at the Bloody Wolves from the top of the branch and shoot seven air bullets.

―――Doon.

"Gyaun!"

"Wha! What!?"

The air bullets hit. A cloud of dust rises together with the cries of Bloody Wolves and surprised voices.

I immediately blow off the cloud of dust with the wind to clear the visibility.

Apparently, the Air Shot hit only four targets. Moreover, the air bullets only damaged them, I wasn't able to kill them off.

I held back on my magical power so I wouldn't involve the people nearby, but it seems that the magical power wasn't enough to kill the wolves.

I retrieve a『Water Katana』from the Infinite Storage. This is something I received from Water God's retainers.

I pull the blade from its blue scabbard while jumping off the branch and kill one of the injured Bloody Wolves. The Blood Wolf cries it's last "Gyaun!" and falls down.

I immediately pull the sword from the dead Bloody Wolf and instantly behead another one. With this, two Bloody Wolves have died.

―――Thud!

Following me, Allen and Elena jump down and land on two Bloody Wolves, killing them right away.

The squashed Bloody Wolves sunk into the ground, but that's a trifling matter, right? Now then, this leaves three more Bloody Wolves.

Allen and Elena face a nearby Bloody Wolf together.

"Be careful, okay?"

""Ye~s!""

An energetic reply.

I think it will be all right, but no matter what I'm worried about the two children.

"Y, you guys certainly are... the people Wald brought along......"

"Yes. We have come to back you up."

One of the knights approaches and asks me while supporting his body with a sword. This is the team's captain if I'm not mistaken.

I look at the people that were attacked.

Everyone has some kind of a wound, but including the people that are on their knees without being able to move, there doesn't seem to be anyone with life threating injury.

"First of all, we will tidy this up. Please, gather the people that can't move in one place in the meantime."

"O, oi!"

After saying that, I turn around and confront the two growling Bloody Wolves.

I think I have heard a disapproving voice, but I disregarded it, and set up with the Water Katana in my right hand, and magic ready to be shot in my left hand.

"Air Shot."

First, I face one of the wolves and shoot an《Air Shot》at it to keep it in check and assault the other.

I evade the Bloody Wolf that attacks me from the back. The Bloody Wolf I kept in check with《Air Shot》imemdiately cut the distance between us.

I twist my body to evade the other charging Bloody Wolf and swing my katana at it, but it was able to dodge.

Strong! As expected of B-Rank monster.

Bringing the four down with a surprise attack might have been a big win.

While glaring at the two Bloody Wolves, I take a glance at Allen and Elena. They are skillfully poking the wolf down.

It somehow looks like they are playing. No, judging from their happy expressions, they really are playing.

But well~ They seem to be okay at the moment.

When I return my sight at the two Bloody Wolves, they rush at me as if they were waiting for this timing.

Now then, what should I do?

I could easily defeat them with some extra magical power, but I would damage both the wolves and surroundings too much. That is no good, right?

The fur of Bloody Wolf is selling for a high price. They appear to be used to make coats for noble ladies.

If I'm thinking like that, could it be that I got used to an adventurer lifestyle?

N~ I don't want to damage the fur, after all~ It's a pity, but I don't want to waste much time.

"Air Shot."

First, I shot several air bullets at the same time.

―――Bang!

They hit the ground here and there, causing a cloud of dust whirl up. This time, I charge right inside the bad visibility cloud.

"Ha!"

I swing down the katana at the sign of presence.

"Gyaun!"

A sense of feedback.

I make sure once the cloud of dust clears up. I see a wolf head at my feet. Yeah. I was able to defeat it. Moreover, not the body, but its neck. I did better than I expected.

The other Bloody Wolf groans at the loss of its companion.

A one on one charge?

I was about to strike that fellow down with my sword.

But, at that time―――

"Gyaun!"

Something came crashing into the side of the Bloody Wolf.

"......... Huh?"

The thing that crashed into the Bloody Wolf is! Another Bloody Wolf.

When I look at the direction the Bloody Wolf flew from, Allen and Elena were there. Their flying kicks sent it to the crash course.

The flying Bloody Wolf is already dead, but the one it crashed into is still alive, so I finished it first by slashing its neck.

"Oi! You alright!?"

Wald-sama and others arrived right at this moment.

~

EXTRA:

I'm Isaac Risner.

I'm the vice-captain of Shirin's branch's second Knight unit.

The captain I work under is Grunwald Ruven, an honest man who can't stay idle for a minute. He's a musclebrain who charges at everything without thinking.

I should be an assistant of the captain, but it always ends up with me doing all the paperwork.

"Captain!"

"What? Why are you so flustered."

While working in the office, I see a figure of a person walking to the town gates from Gaya Forest, so I report while flustered.

No person passed this gate leading to the Gaya Forest in the last several days.

All gates except this west gate are usually used to get out of the town. If you miss the highway and come to this gate, you would be coming from northwest or southwest.

However, the figure I see is coming from the west. It's coming straight from the Gaya Forest.

There are occasionally some reckless people who go to the Gaya Forest, but they would be someone coming from the town, we would be able to confirm their identities.

"Isaac, I will go take a look."

"I understand. Please, return properly. If not, you won't be sleeping tonight."

"......... I know."

He was already restless, he wanted to escape from the work.

I approve, allowing him to take a breather from work.

Captain decided to go to the west gate and wait for the person in question.

After a while, Captain returned back to the office.

"Captain, what happened?"

"He apparently went out to gather some medicinal plants. Moreover, he even took two children with him."

"... Children, is it?"

"Yes. Two little ones were with him."

"........."

Just a naive youth. Is what I'd like to think, but that youth apparently successfully returned from Gaya Forest with medicinal plants.

If it's like that, he must have a considerable ability.

Unfortunately, he just arrived here from a village and didn't belong to any organizations or guilds so we couldn't identify him.

Well, it turns out like that when you don't have identification papers.

Because I didn't have that much interest at that time, I ended up forgetting about that youth.

However, Captain apparently had another encounter with that youth and the children.

And because he had an interest in that youth, he requested him to join the subjugation expedition in Gaya Forest.

I found out later that day.

Really, Captain is always so selfish...... letting children participate in a request with the overbearing adventurers, how foolish!

Thinking about the place we are going, I begin to worry.

Nevertheless, because an official request can't be turned down, they ended up participating.

"Ah, oi!"

It was after entering the forest for a while.

Cain, one of my subordinates points his finger and shouts in panic.

When I look towards the direction... aren't those children charging at a Red Wolf?

Hey, wait a second, please! Why are you running that way!?

Haa!? The boy kicked the Red Wolf from below, a splendid kick.

Eeeeh!? Why is the Red Wolf's body lifting up!? It's a kick of a child, you know?

Even though the monster is on the smaller size, it's still twice as large as the children?

This time, the girl dropkicks the Red Wolf from above!?

The Red Wolf has been blown off!!

............

What has just happened? Didn't they just easily defeat a C-Rank monster?

Those small children? I feel like I have just seen something outrageous.

""Defeated~!""

"Ah, yes. Good job~ Are you unhurt?"

"Yea."

"Ok~ay."

The two children return back all smiles while dragging the Red Wolf behind them. Looking at the situation, this seems to be the usual occurrence.

I'm glad they are not hurt, but...... it was probably not just me who felt helpless just a while ago.

"Ah~, also. This time, Oniichan and the others will fight the monsters, why don't Allen and Elena take a day-off?"

""? Understand~""

That's right. That will save us the trouble.

No matter what, having small children fight with us here, we would be ashamed us the Knights.

Ah, Captain has approached Takumi-san all of sudden. He's probably curious why they are so strong.

He knew they were as strong as C-Rank adventurers? It's hard to believe, but Captain... you had such information......

"I told you I found these children malnourished in the Gaya Forest."

"I have heard that."

Please wait a moment.

I'm surprised that you went to the Gaya Forest before, but you have found them in there malnourished?

If they were thin at the time you have found them...... doesn't that mean they couldn't eat properly for an extended period of time?

"...... By that, you mean "the children have originally lived in this forest"...... right? 」

"Ah!!"

"That's right. Were they defeating the monsters, or were they running away from them? I don't know how they lived until now yet, but they have certainly survived in the forest for several days."

"..............."

If children enter this forest, they will instantly become a monster feed.

Yet they survived. Isn't that outrageous? It's an unbelievable thing.

Furthermore, now Takumi-san used the rare space-time magic this time......

When I glanced at Captain he was startled too, so he probably didn't know.

The cause is because Captain didn't inform us before the appointed day, but it's painful for me to not being able to investigate what kind of person he really is.

Even though I say that, it's normal not to tell about your abilities to other people, and because he didn't stay in Shirin for too long, I don't know how much I would be able to find out.

Well~ still, I would be at least to investigate his reputation.

Ah...... why wasn't I more interested when he entered the town for the first time, It's late, but I regret.

After that, it was consecutive surprises.

First, I was surprised by the children's movements and endurance. They were running here and there from the start and didn't fall behind us who were steadily advancing.

Normal children would hand their hands full by trying to keep up...... no, they wouldn't be able to keep up?

Moreover, their gathering ability and knowledge are magnificent.

Magical Power Grass, Demon Grass, Shui weed, Bellana...... they bring back plant and fruit one after another.

Not only the plant types, but they also seem to know their characteristics well, they never touched plants they shouldn't be touching.

In comparison our Captain!!

"Captain, if you touch it bare handed you will get rash. Please, think a bit about why those children didn't gather it themselves but called Takumi-san instead! Even though I told you to『Stop working by instinct』so many times! Besides, why do kids know, but a proper adult like you don't!! ―――(Omitted)――― A person like you, every single time...... please learn a little bit!」

Use your brain a little!

I suddenly felt pulling while preaching Captain

"N?"

When I look at what's pulling me, aren't those the children pulling on my coat?

"What's the matter?"

"Here."

"For you."

The children present me something in a bag.

I receive the bag after crouching down to match the children's eyes. Isn't this a bag full of Iwamizu Moss?

Iwamizu Moss has been recently hard to obtain. Because of that, the inventory of the medicine it's used for (A wonder drug for itching feet) has been depleted.

Moreover, this medicine is used daily by 1/3 of the Knights (I don't use it) so not having it is a severe matter.

With this much, we should have enough for the whole division. If they are giving it to me, I will gratefully receive it.

"You are giving me this?"

"Yea."

"For you~"

"Thank you very much."

""Yeah!""

I'm not fond that much of children, but...... they are cute, aren't they?

I unconsciously ended up patting their heads after seeing their shy smiles.

Other various facts came to light. Like the most recent boom of Shirin, the new shaped bread was Takumi-san's idea...... like Takumi-san can instakill an Orc......

Wasn't I surprised enough in a day to cover several months?

Honestly, I'm exhausted from being surprised. And yet, there are still four more days of the expedition to go. Can I hold until the end......

The next day was so calm it was creepy.

We did not encounter a monster for more than a half day.

Right at that moment, I intended to end the investigation for today―――

"It's a flare! We are rushing to join up!"

An emergency flare has been used. One of the two other teams is in need of help.

We have to hurry!

"What is that?"

"It's light from an emergency magic tool. We use it when encountering an unmanageable monster, when in need of assistance. One of the teams must be in trouble."

A magic tool used to call help. This is not used only be the Knights, but also by adventurers. It appears that Takumi-san doesn't know about it.

Which reminds me, he just joined the guild, right? Because of his strength, I completely forgot about him being a newcomer.

I lightly explain while on the way to the destination while being admired.

So he's no different from a newcomer in this regard......

"It would be better to hurry up?"

"Yes, that's right."

He confirms with Captain, but what are you planning to do?

"Then, we will go ahead."

"Yes?"

"Wind, gather around me and form a gale. Accel."

Takumi-san lifts the children up in his arms and starts chanting.

Then, a frightening amount of wind bursts out, and he speeds ahead at incredible speed.

"Haa!? What's with that speed!"

"...... Wind, magic...... is it?"

...... That should be intermediate speed spell if I'm not mistaken.

That should be it, but the speed is way above that...... You shouldn't be able to run this fast normally.

He really is an out of the standard person......

"It's weird, right!?"

"Yes, it's a considerable difference compared to other people."

"......... That fellow is really bullshitting me."

"It seems like that. If it's Takumi-san, he will probably do something about it, but let's also hurry up."

"...... Right."

The other team is in a predicament as they used a flare.

Even if he is not able to solve it by himself, he should be able to gain us time to arrive.

I'm leaving it to you, Takumi-san.

~

EXTRA:

I'm Randy. 20 years old.

D-Rank adventurer, and a member of B-Rank party "Black Twin Sword".

This time, we have come to the town of Shirin because of a subjugation request from the Knights.

It's my first time, but Gray-san and others received this request once before.

Normally, I wouldn't be able to enter Gaya Forest with my strength. Therefore, I was told to wait in Shirin.

However, I hate being left behind!

Although I'm not equal in ability to Gray-san and others, I will be able to rank up to C-Rank soon. Being a C-Rank at my age is quite fast.

Gray-san broke under my obstinant attitude. I had to promise that I will absolutely obey every order.

Of course, I agreed. We can take the request together like this!

On the day of the request.

Just before the departure, a man 3-4 years younger than me with two children arrived at the meeting place.

"Good morning, Wald-sama."

The man with the children went for greetings with the Captain of the expedition.

Wha! Are those guys perhaps also going to the Gaya Forest!?

Is that guy an idiot? Is he planning to go for a picnic?

It seems I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Gray-san probably thought so too even the Knights were looking at them with strict gazes.

However, I heard that Captain forcibly selected them to participate.

After that, the Knights' attitudes softened. That Captain is well-respected, so I feel like it can't be helped since he decided on that.

But, is he actually taking them along? They will become a burden, right?

Well, they seem to be in a different team than us, so I don't have to mind it.

Do your best not to die.

We have begun the Gaya Forest investigation.

We have encountered a Giant Boar and an Orc on the first day. However, Gray-san and the Knights defeated them without any difficulties.

I was also slightly helpful!

However, the state of the forest is apparently strange.

Usually, we should encounter a little more monsters. Moreover, the forest itself is strangely quiet.

I myself don't understand, but Gray-san says so, so it must be true.

The second day wasn't different from the first.

"Bl, Bloody Wolf!!"

Is what I thought, but my thoughts abruptly collapsed.

"A pack in a place like this!? Randy! You concentrate on defending yourself!"

"Y, yes!"

B-Rank monster. We are assaulted by a pack of Bloody Wolves.

It's a troublesome opponent when alone, yet it's a whole pack. 1, 2, 3......... 7 in total.

On the other hand, we the five members of "Black Twin Sword" and 12 Knights of Shirin.

We need half of our men to defeat one of the Bloody Wolves.

We are at an overwhelming disadvantage.

One of the Knights immediately releases a red flare. It's to call for help.

Although all of the teams have the same camping point today, it's unknown how far they are from us.

If we can't hold out until they come, we won't have a tomorrow.

We are forced into a defensive fight by the charging wolves.

With no chance to counterattack, we are slowly driven to a corner. I deflect the claws with the sword, but because I had not enough strength, my posture collapsed.

"Randy! Dodge!"

"Kuh!!"

I roll on the ground at once after hearing Gray-san's voice, and successfully avoid the Bloody Wolf, but its claws grazed my arm.

"......"

"Randy, you alright?"

"Somehow......"

Although I answered like that, my legs don't move because of the fatigue.

I have to stand up! Is what I think, but my body doesn't listen to me.

Damn it! At this rate!!

When I was about to resign to die―――

―――Thud.

"Wha! What!?"

!!!!!?

What did just happen!?

A sudden explosion and windstorm. Furthermore, there was bad visibility because of a cloud of dust.

However, that cloud of dust immediately disappears.

When my visibility becomes clear, I see few of the Bloody Wolves staggering.

"Gyaun!"

Together with Bloody Wolf's cry, a man stuck a sword into it's back.

The man pulls up the sword from the wolf's back and mows down another Bloody Wolf in the striking distance.

It was killed in a single blow.

It's a person I recognize.

It's him! The man who brought the children.

He should be with a different team. Does that mean help arrived? ...... Is what I thought, but I don't see any other people around.

―――Thud!

"Wha!!!?"

This time, it happened right in front of my eyes.

Children fell from the sky and squashed Bloody Wolves on landing.

Haa!? It's a lie, right!? They sunk into the ground!!

I don't even have to confirm to figure out the wolves died.

What a thing. Four Bloody Wolves were defeated in an instant.

"Be careful, okay?"

""Ye~s!""

"O, oi!?"

The children face one of the remaining Bloody Wolves and start charging at it.

Gray-san leaks out a panicked voice.

Haa!? Wait a minute!

Are those two planning to fight a Bloody Wolf!?

That's reckless! Why did you send them off!

The children approach the Bloody Wolf and begin to attack it.

"Ya!" "Hoi"

"Tou" "Ha!"

They are fighting with the Bloody Wolf on equal terms!?

This must be a joke, right!?

Even Gray-san would have troubles fighting a Bloody Wolf one on one. The children are able to fight such a monster!?

Is this a dream? It's a dream, right?

No, no, the Bloody Wolf is aching with pain. This is real.

But, this is a dreamlike even without a doubt.

"Horyaa~"

"Nsho!"

They get distance when the opponent attacks, and they shout when they attack.

The children are fighting effortlessly.

""Here, here♪""

Uwa~ they are even provoking it...... just what is going......

"Yoo!" "Hoi."

Ah, the Bloody Wolf's posture crumbled.

""Tou!""

"Gyaun!"

The two didn't miss the opportunity and kick the wolf with all their might.

The Bloody Wolf wasn't able to endure the kicks and got blown away.

""Ah.""

Ah......

The Bloody Wolf, the kids sent flying crashes into the Bloody Wolf the guardian-like man is fighting.

The two wolves collide and roll on the ground.

The man looks startled this way, but seeing the children his face shows consent.

He then approaches the wolf and stabs it with his sword.

He finished it, right?

That means, these guys... everything...... they defeated everything, right......

"Oi! You alright!?"

Ah...... a knight of other team has arrived. It's already over, though......

...... Ah, un. Rather, we were saved......

It can't be helped that I needed a little more time to return to reality after witnessing something so shocking, right?

~

""Onii~chan!""

The two children jump at me more enthusiastic than usual.

I was a little surprised, but I was able to catch them and gather them up in my arms.

"You two seem so happy."

""It was fun♪""

......... Un. You two were playing, after all.

""Are you unhurt?"

""Yea!""

I make sure if the two are not injured, but it seems to be okay.

I understood that they could defeat a B-Rank monster without getting injured.

Though I intended to do my best to avoid the situations Allen and Elena have to fight, but it's also important to support them to my best ability.

"The hell is this~!!"

After arriving and seeing the situation, Wald-sama who froze in a spot with his eyes open finally snapped back to reality and shouted.

The other members are having a similar reaction.

Injured colleagues, 7 Bloody Wolf corpses and two children in high spirits...... Ah~ Un. It certainly may be a delicate scene.

"...... Isaac, see the injured first and treat their wounds."

"Understood."

Hearing Wald-sama's orders, Risner-sama takes a few subordinates and checks on the injured.

"Iris, check on injured."

"Yes!"

Iris-san also goes to check on the injured. She can use Light Magic, so she's able to cure severely wounded people with Healing Magic.

I can use Healing Magic too, but... umm...... they don't need my help... right?

Indeed, I don't want to show more than this.

Un, I will leave it to everyone.

"Now then, Takumi. Did you defeat all these Bloody Wolves yourself?"

Uo!! Wald-sama inquiries with a menacing voice.

He's unreasonably scary. Moreover, his stare is piercing?

"...... No. You are wrong?"

Allen and Elena helped me. I didn't do it alone.

"Correction. Did you and the two shorties defeat all these Bloody Wolves?"

"......... That's correct."

The brightness in Wald-sama's eyes became even sharper.

Seems like I won't be able to deceive him.

"...... I see...... that helped. There's no time to dismantle, but collect everything, for now."

"Roger."

I stood steady ready for next Wald-sama's incomprehensible action, but he lightly claps ponpon on my shoulders, then he went to check with Isaac-san on the situation.

...... It didn't look like he was angry.

First of all, let's do as told and collect the corpses of the Bloody Wolves.

When I finished collecting them, the emergency treatment ended as well.

Unfortunately, the low-grade drugs and Iris-san's Healing Magic is not enough to help all members recover completely. I see bandaged people here and there.

Only about half is completely recovered.

After a little bit, the last team joined up with us.

But, it wasn't possible to immediately move to the camping point so we have changed the location of the camp.

"Farius, I want to confirm the situation with you, is that all right?"

"Ou. No problem."

The leader of the team that was attacked by the Bloody Wolves, Captain of the Third Unit of Shirin Knights, Farius Tierra-sama.

Tierra-sama is the eldest son of a Count House and Wald-sama's friend.

Also, he's the person supporting his body with a sword who called out to me before.

Although he was cured with Iris-san's Healing Magic, his face is still a little bit pale from the loss of blood.

"Even though I say that, the one who defeated the pack of the Bloody Wolves which assaulted us was...... Takumi? They saved us. Nevertheless, Wald. You have brought an outrageous fellow along. He defeated the enemies all of us couldn't match without getting hurt."

"Although I was the one who brought Takumi and the children along, I didn't know that much about his real ability. Speaking frankly, it was unexpected."

It's tough being the subject of the topic, though......

I can't even leave because Wald-sama forcefully made me sit next to him......

"It's hard to believe, isn't it?"

"Brad, it's certain that Takumi-san possesses a tremendous ability."

"Isaac? I see... Even without conclusive evidence, if you are the one saying so, it must be true..."

The leader of the last team to join up, Vice Captain of the Third Unit of Shirin Knights, Brad Ganforg-sama listens with a bewildered expression.

"Hahaha~ Takumi doesn't look strong at all, after all~"

"Whoa!"

Wald-sama claps on my back while laughing.

Slightly painful...... moreover, above all, my whole body is shaking.

"Captain again...... the children will kick you flying, you know?"

The kids growl while glaring at Wald-sama again.

When Risner-sama brings it up, they are already ready to jump at any moment.

""Uu~""

"I, I'm not bullying him or anything!?"

Wald-sama defends himself in panic, but the two didn't stop growling at him.

"Allen-kun, Elena-san. Next time Captain does something rude, it's all right to kick him flying okay? However, make sure he doesn't die in the process please."

""Yea!""

"Oi!? Isaac, why are you giving them permission on your own!?"

"It's all right. I told them to not kill you. Start learning please if you find it disagreeable."

"........."

Hahaha~ If you tell that to the children, they will really kick Wald-sama flying, you know? Allen and Elena responded with sparkling eyes...

Rather, aren't those two relatively good with Risner-sama? Moreover, it's because he always stops Wald-sama when he jabs me... is that really because of that simple reason?

Also, isn't the way Risner-sama is handling Wald-sama gradually getting rougher?

"Well~ Looking at the children, I got worried that our Captain is too much of a good for nothing. I intend to take this opportunity to make him learn properly."

"Haah...... is that so?"

As if hearing the voice in my mind, Risner-sama answers while smiling.

Your face is smiling, but your eyes are not!? Just how much trouble does Wald-sama bring to Risner-sama every day!?

""Can't~?""

They probably saw my troubled expression. Allen and Elena ask to confirm. However, if these two plead me like that...... I can't refuse.

"Ah~... You got Risner-sama's permission so... is that really alright?"

"Yes, I don't mind."

"Oi!?"

"Want to have a kick at once?"

""Can I?""

"Why!?"

Tierra-sama, Ganforg-sama, and everyone around who heard our conversation started laughing.

Wald-sama started looking around timidly.

"However, don't you think the forest is a bit strange?"

After the laughing calmed down, Teirra-sama suddenly says with a serious expression.

"Yes. Our unit encountered almost no monsters since yesterday. Speaking frankly, it's strange."

Ganforg-sama reports while frowning.

"I was thinking it's strange since a while ago. Rudolph-san is of the same opinion."

"Ah. The number of monsters we have encountered is too few. Despite that, the monsters attack in groups."

Every subjugation unit feels that something strange is going on in the forest.

Based on that, we should be talking about the future plan.

""Ah.""

"N? Is something the... matter......!!"

In the middle of the conversation, Allen and Elena suddenly leak out small voices.

Feeling somehow uncomfortable, I look towards the direction the two are looking at.

There, I see a big serpent coiled around a thick tree aiming at us.

"Wha...! Above!!"

I raise my voice to notify the others who didn't notice yet.

What a thing! My attention was elsewhere so I wasn't aware something like that got so close to us.

"Wha!!!"

"!!!!!"

Shurushuru the sound of hissing resounds.

Everyone was lost for words because of its size.

"... Evil Viper!!"

An enormous snake tens of meters in length. An A-Rank monster, Evil Viper has appeared.

~

"Sha――――――!!"

Evil Viper jumps down from the tree with its mouth open wide.

"""Whao―――――!!"""

It swoops down on the Knights who were resting near the tree.

""Yaa!""

Allen and Elena had approached the Evil Viper before I noticed, they get past the Knights, ready to kick the Evil Viper's jaw.

"! Allen, Elena get away! Wind Cutter."

I quickly get the two in panic and release a Wind Cutter.

Allen, Elena... when did you move there? No, un...... you have excellent moves, but... don't surprise me like that......

The Evil Viper got pushed 1-2 meters away, but there was no visible damage.

"Earth, penetrate Earth Needle."

Several sharp pillars project from the ground in pursuit of the Evil Viper.

"You guys, quickly withdraw!"

Farius Tierra-sama shouts loudly and evacuates the Knights who are near the Evil Viper.

The one who used the Earth Magic a little while ago was apparently Tierra-sama.

The Tierra House is famous for producing people specialized in Earth Magic. He himself is probably a knight with Earth Magic as a specialty.

"Takumi, right? You were a great help."

"No, Tierra-sama had a great follow-up."

"I don't like being called by my household's name. Farius is all right. Rather than those, these pipsqueaks are amazing. They reacted faster than anyone."

"These two acted intuitively..."

Farius-sama stands beside and adresses me.

If not for this situation, I would like to have a nice long talk, but we can't afford that at the moment.

"Evil Viper, huh. A nasty fellow has appeared. Oi, wounded people fall back! Don't get in the way or all of us will die."

Rudolph-san clicks his tongue, prepares his halberd and tells the injured to stay away.

I also give instructions to Allen and Elena to stay away from the Evil Viper.

"Iris, Gilm! You two provide support. Zack! Don't act carelessly!!"

"I know!!"

Iris-san and Gilm-san take some distance, and set up their bows and throwing knives.

Zack-san draws his sword and lines up beside Rudolph-san.

"Gill, provide support."

From another party, "Flaming Soldiers Troupe", swordsmen Gantz-san and Mick-san, and a mage Gillbard-san take battle positions.

The Knights who can move also draw their swords.

As expected, the half of the Knights that were attacked by the Bloody Wolves and『Black Twin Sword』party fell back.

"There!!"

When the battle preparations finished, Rudolph-san begins by slashing his halberd.

"Tsk! Ineffective as I expected. Didn't leave a single scratch."

It has received almost no damage so far.

Evil Viper's body――its shiny black surface doesn't get damaged by both physical attacks and magic. It's a first-grade material for protective gear. Soft and light attacks won't injure it.

―――Doshin.

Evil Viper's tail strikes the ground.

Uo! What a terrible sound. If that hits, won't one receives a good amount of damage?

"Ha!"

"Yaa!"

"Fire, congregate Fire Ball."

"Light, pierce Light Arrow."

Offensive ranged attacks. Magic attacks. One after another hits the target, but to no effect.

Where is its weak point?

I observe the Evil Viper while shooting magic.

"""Guha!!"""

Some of the knights get blown away by the viper's tail.

The Evil Viper hisses as if sneering at us.

And the next moment, it rushes towards Zack-san.

Fast!

"Guh!!"

Zack-san tried to avoid, but the Evil Viper curved its body and instantly changed directions. It rammed into him, and he got blown off.

Furthermore, it continues to charge into other knights.

""Unyuu~""

Eeeeh~!?

Allen and Elena caught the Evil Viper's tail and stopped its charge.

Again!? Mou~ why don't you obediently wait for me~!!

The Evil Viper's charge was stopped thanks to those two? The damage has been thereby suppressed, but... However, see, because you stopped the Evil Viper's charge, it turned towards you two~!

"Allen, Elena! It's dangerous, so release the tail and get away from it!!"

I immediately retrieve a knife from Infinite Storage.

Then, I throw it at the Evil Viper who is glaring at Allen and Elena.

If the skin is hard, how about its eyes?

"Sha―――――――!!"

The skillfully thrown knife stabs into the Evil Viper's left eye.

The Evil Viper shouts in pain and starts violently thrashing around.

Bang, thud, the sound of the ground getting hit resounds.

"Nice, Takumi! Haaaa!"

Wald-sama envelops his sword with a flame and slashes at the Evil Viper.

Is that a magic sword?

Ju... the sound and smell of burning spreads. The attack seemed to work a bit, but Wald-sama's sword was repelled.

Then, the one-eyed Evil Viper furiously stares over here――at me.

I suddenly had an unpleasant feeling. And at once, Allen and Elena switched their gazes towards me.

""Ukya!""

It aimed for that moment.

The Evil Viper hit Allen and Elena with all its might.

"Allen! Elena!!"

The two are blown two meters away.

Shit! What a terrible mistake!

"Iris!"

"Understood!"

At Rudolph-san instructions, Iris-san rushes to the two.

"......"

I also wanted to run over immediately.

However, the one-eyed Evil Viper aimed for me as it fixedly watched me.

If I run over to Allen and Elena now, the Evil Viper will definitely charge at me.

Therefore, I can't leave this place.

"It's okay. They will be able to get up immediately."

"Yes, I know."

Rudolph-san calls out to me who is worried about the children.

Certainly, Allen and Elena got up immediately.

Therefore, I calm myself down, but a certain emotion gushes out.

"... Rudolph-san, can you gain me a bit of time?"

"What do you plan to do?"

"I will use an advanced Wind Magic."

"............... You can use it?"

"I have never used it before. However, I feel like I will definitely be able to use it now."

Yep, there's no problem proficiency wise. I should be able to use it.

Even if I normally wouldn't, I feel like I would be able to do anything at this moment.

"............ I understand. Leave it to us."

"Thank you. Separate from the Evil Viper on my sign, please. If possible, please evacuate behind me."

"Roger."

After requesting Rudolph-san, I start gathering a significant amount of magical power.

I extend my right hand and concentrate all the magical power I gather into it.

How much...... is this much okay?

I give the signal to Rudolph-san, and everyone evacuates behind me. And then, I activate the magic.

The Evil Viper who wasn't being restricted anymore started creeping towards me.

"Sha――――――!"

The Evil Viper creeping on the ground raises its head and cries out.

"Wind. Reap my enemy apart, Wind Edge."

Just like reaping grass with a sickle...... a wind scythe aims towards the Evil Viper's neck.

―――Slash!!!

The condensed wind explodes.

That instant, the Evil Viper's head supan snapped and rolled on the ground. Without the head, the rest of the body crumbled to the ground.

The moment I thought it's finally over――

――――Mishimishi... bam, mishimishi... bam!

"Ge!"

Many trees thick as three to four adult men joining hands, fall to the ground.

The wind flew far better than I expected.

"........................"

"Ahahahahahaha~~"

Shit! I used too much magical power......

And I even thought that I stopped increasing magical power at the right moment......

It looks like if I used a bit more magical power, there would be a recreation spot created inside the forest.

Advanced magic, scary!

The spectacle of an A-Rank monster was splendidly blown away.

~

"How powerful magic can you use......"

"Hahaha~"

Rudolph-san who promptly came to his senses says tiredly.

"Takumi, Evil Viper's blood is a precious material. Quickly store it in your《Infinite Storage》before everything spills out."

I follow Rudolph-san instructions and quickly tidy up the Evil Viper.

There, Allen and Elena run up to me.

""Onii~chan! Ama~zing!""

"Ahahaha~ Thanks. Allen, Elena, how are your injuries?"

""Fi~ne""

Allen and Elena who saw my magic became slightly excited. After holding them up in my arms, I confirm their safety first.

There, Iris-san approached.

"Iris-san, thank you very much"

"...... Yeah. Don't worry about it. I didn't do that much. Ah... the two didn't have any large injuries, it was only a scratch. I healed them just in case, but there may be a bump so look over their state for a while."

I thank Iris-san while embracing Allen and Elena. She herself is a mage, so her cheeks stiffened a bit under the overwhelming power of the wind.

However, I perceived that she tried her best to act normally. Both Rudolph-san and she talked to me normally without making a distance...... they are really good people.

Still, Allen's and Elena's injuries seemed to be only a few scratches. Their bodies are more sturdy than that of an ordinary person as expected.

I got goosebumps because an ordinary person would receive serious injuries or even possibly die from that.

I will be careful, so something like that never happens again! Yeah, I have made up my mind.

"Takumi, collect all the trees you knocked down too."

"Eh? All of it!?"

"Naturally! Are you trying to make those splendid tree rot in vain!? You shouldn't have a problem with that much magical power!"

The capacity of Infinite Storage depends on the user's magical power. An ordinary user would be able to store about several tons of items. In my case, I should be all right with tens of thousands.

As the name suggests, limitless. I can store without limits. Rudolph-san probably said that because he understood.

I have collected every fallen tree.

And then, after the injured were treated we returned to the original place.

Now then, there's one more thing to tidy up.

"Takumi, you saved us. Still, what an unbelievable spell...... wha!? O, oi!?"

Ignoring Wald-sama, I approached a certain knight and swung my leg at him. Because I used the power of the wind, he instantly fell down.

"Whoa! ...... guh."

I trample down on that man's throat, take out my katana and graze it against his cheek.

"Takumi!?"

"W, what!?"

Surprised voices resound from around.

"Don't move."

I calmly say to the man under my feet.

It wasn't that of a loud voice, but it was enough to make him stop trying to run away.

"Takumi, what are you doing!?"

Wald-sama calls out again.

"What am I doing...... is it? Please ask this fellow instead."

"Ha? Sajesh? Sajesh, you, did you do something?"

"I didn't do anything!"

"............ Takumi?"

"How dare you- Even though your eyes were so full of bloodthirst just a while ago, to say that you didn't do anything......"

"Come again!? Are you sure?"

Everyone listening gets surprised.

"It's the truth. He was glaring at Takumi since he joined us. I have turned a blind eye because I judged he wouldn't hurt Takumi, but. As expected, doing something like that from behind while I was putting my life on the line, I also couldn't leave it alone."

"Wha!?"

Looks like Rudolph-san noticed it too. As one would expect from him.

The people who haven't noticed became even more surprised.

"Even I who is unrelated is bothered by it. Takumi had no choice, but to be conscious all the time that he is being a target. And yet, the actual damage actually fell on the pipsqueaks."

Yes. Allen and Elena got injured because of this fellow.

"...... No way. The reason the two suddenly turned around and were attacked by the Evil Viper......"

"They felt this guy's bloodthirst and promptly turned around."

Rudolph-san explains everything in my stead.

That's right. At that time, this man's bloodthirst swelled up for an instant. Because of that, Allen and Elena reacted to the bloodthirst and turned around.

These children are very sensitive to negative feelings against me. Because of that, they unconsciously responded to it and turned around.

"Sajesh... you......"

"It's a lie!! Stop talking crap!"

Sajesh is resisting even after all of that.

"People might have believed you if only I said it. However, a genuine A-Rank Rudolph-san explained it himself. And you say that this is crap? Stop joking around!!"

With only my testimony, there would be probably only a few people who would believe me. In fact, there wasn't anyone else who noticed his bloodthirst... That doesn't mean the Knights are incompetent. It's just that they weren't conscious of their colleague.

I think Rudolph-san explained personally because he understood.

"Ugu."

"Confess it" with those words, Sajesh crumbled completely.

"You! You are in the wrong!! A commoner like you who came from who knows where favored by Captain Ruven!!"

N? Captain Ruven?

Sajesh's reason was a bit unexpected.

"...... Wald-sama?"

"........."

When I look at Wald-sama, he instantly looks away. He keeps on looking away.

Because it seemed like I will never get my answer, I look towards Risner-sama for the explanation. Then, Risner-sama starts inevitably explaining.

"He's Sajesh Krantz. He's a member of the third unit, but that... he has openly declared his love for Captain........."

"L, love!? Not respect or admiration!?"

"Yes, it's a love..."

Eeh!? He loves him...... seriously......

A masculine knight and a slender, handsome knight...... no need to guess, aren't they favorite food of rotten women?

Haa~ I, it's my first time seeing it in person... As expected, they are even in the Knights. No, is that precisely because the Knights is a male society?

Therefore, I use the wind and quietly take distance from Sajesh.

Eh, does that perhaps mean that Sajesh recognized me as his love rival!?

Why does he have such misunderstanding!?

It's a mystery how he came to that conclusion. Because I received a slight shock, I call Allen and Elena for healing.

"Then, the reason this person has picked a quarrel with me is that he thinks I have snagged Captain Wald from him?"

"Wrong!!"

Wald-sama cries out loudly.

"I definitely have no interest in keeping men company!!!"

Hohou~ To deny it so strongly... right?

"Wald-sama seems like a person who trains all the time, so it's unlikely he has a history with women. Then...... in fact......"

"Takumi!? What are you saying!!"

"No, no, isn't it all right? Each person has his own interests, please don't mind us."

"Yo... you, stop joking! I said that you are wrong!!"

Indeed, it makes you want to tease him, right?

"Takumi-san. Please stop teasing Captain anymore."

"Ah, yes."

Since Risner-sama stopped me, I will end my teasing of Wald-sama here.

"Teasing... Takumi, youu!!"

Wald-sama finally notices that I was teasing him.

"I'm really sorry that we have involved Takumi-san in the circumstances of us Knights. Our supervision was too poor. However, how about entrusting the punishment to the Knights?"

"I don't mind."

Risner-sama apologized and asked to entrust Sajesh's punishment to the Knights.

Of course, I agreed.

Risner-sama got taken aback by my simple acknowledgment.

"...... Is that okay? It reached the extent the children got injured, you know?"

"That is so. However, in the end, Allen and Elena got off only with some scratches, and I also am responsible for leaving this person's bloodthirst just like that. However, if there's a next time, I won't be so lenient."

Certainly, getting Allen and Elena injured is not tolerable, however, while that may be true, solving him with violence or killing him off...... I won't do something like that. I'm not such a person.

Because I have no problem with it, I leave the Knights deal with Sajesh.

"I will also apologize. I'm sorry for my subordinate."

"Thank you very much for your open-mindedness."

Farius-sama and Ganforg-sama lower their heads.

It has been decided that the other Knights will monitor Sajesh, while his punishment will be decided later.

Although I say punishment, it was just a bloodthirst, so I don't think it will be a heavy punishment. A wage cut? Demotion or discharge from Knights probably won't happen.

All is fine if he doesn't pick up a quarrel with me anymore.

"Is it over? Takumi, I'm hungry. Food, please."

"...... Eh?"

After tidying up, Rudolph-san suddenly says.

I couldn't understand for a moment.

No, no, that's the line you would normally say to Cain-san or Heinz-san, right? Why are you saying that to me!?

"The most important person of the battle, I is starving. I don't want to eat dried meat or hard bread, I want to eat something delicious."

"Allen is hungry too~"

"Elena too~"

Ah, yes. I have to make a meal for Allen and Elena. It's almost time for the sun to set, they have been moving all afternoon, huh. Of course, they'd be hungry.

Well~ I'm grateful to Rudolph-san and the others, so there's no problem making something, but......

Glance, I glance and the Knights. The Knights who weren't with us don't know what's going on, but the eyebrows of the Knights in our team turned into "ハ".

They want me to prepare their meals too, but they are afraid to ask because of the matter with Sajesh. They are making such expressions.

Speaking frankly, I don't have any good feelings towards Sajesh. However, it's not like I'm angry at the other Knights......

Now then, what should I do?

"Make, many~"

"Will help~"

Seeing me troubled, Allen and Elena grab my hands and drag me to Cain-san and Heinz-san while talking.

"...... Eh? That......"

Cain-san and Heinz-san troubled with an answer, look at children, me, Wald-sama and Risner-sama...... then, their eyes wander.

""Can't~?""

"...... It's not like that."

Allen and Elena support me.

Mou~! These children are seriously good children!!

I could not bear it anymore and patted their heads.

"Because Allen and Elena are hungry, won't you help me out?"

"Y, yes! What shall we start with!"

Since it's been decided, let's start right away!

The gathered mushrooms, wild grass, the dismantled Orc meat at hand, with the help of the two Knights we have prepared a lot of food which everyone ate.

Quite a delicious meal if I say so myself. I'm satisfied!

The next day, it was judged that there were too many injured people and continuing the investigation would be dangerous. It has been decided to return to the town after three days of the expedition.

********************

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.3K 628 18
Continuation of the story you know and love, sans a very talented T.S. Lowe, I will be continuing this story with my characters and incorporating Sha...
13.9K 420 11
"A baby girl was born!" Ah, seriously. I didn't want to be reborn anymore because I always had a terrible life! I started my 100th life again. But th...
236K 10.9K 42
Where Harry accidentally texts Niall. All Rights Reserved ©
Re:Cursed De

Aventura

40.5K 1.3K 20
Y/N: CAN I GET A REDO PLSS!!!. Dark: Nope. Y/N: WHY?!, It was all good I got my isekai cheat skill and I got to design how I look like in the end all...