Duskwood- One shot collection

By rosetulip05

Hey humans! Presenting to you, a book of one shot collections of our favourite game with our favourite chara... More

MC×Richy
Vampire
Traitor MC
Serial Killer
You left me : part 1
You left me : part 2
Phil
Exchanged
Exchanged: Part 2
Depression
My angel
Mafia
Once upon a rainy day
Dan
Jealousy
Goodbye
Back
Hannah
Darkness
Surprise
Liar
A sacrifice
So same yet So different

Broken Promise

343 17 3
By rosetulip05

A/N: Hey people! I hope you're all doing good :)

I'm here with a new story that I wrote upon request by ar_revolutsioon

This isn't a continuation of the original story of Duskwood but instead is set in a different universe where all our characters are still in high school.

So, it's completely different from the story that we all know.

[This is a longer story too ;)]

I hope you all like it :)
_____________________________________

Another boring day. I thought to myself. The math teacher, Mr. Bloomgate, was as usual blabbering about something that I didn't understand.

After 45 minutes, the class was finally over and Mr. Bloomgate left, not before giving us a whole ton of homework as always.

"Why is my life so boring?" I thought out aloud to my best friend- Jessy.

"Well, it's not just your life that's boring." She replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Just look around and see for yourself."

Well, yeah. Everyone in the class looked so bored and done with life. Everyday was literally the same for all of us.

"I wish there was something interesting happening here." Thomas, the class monitor said.

"Exactly." Cleo, my classmate said. "Anyway, I made this new cake whose recipe I saw online and I was wondering if anyone would like to try it." She continued.

"Oh I'd do the honour, our great baker." Richy said while giving Cleo a small bow.

"This place is literally boring as hell. I'm so done with this town." Dan said and stretched back, putting his hands behind his head, hitting Lilly, who was sitting behind him, on the face.

"Nah. I bet even hell is more interesting." She replied after giving him a smack on the head.

Just then, Ms. Walter, our class teacher showed up. "Well, class there's someone I would like to introduce you all to." She said.

Then, a boy, who was obviously our age, entered the classroom. "This is Jake. He's your new classmate who has recently shifted to this town and I want all of you to help him in catching up the syllabus and making him comfortable here."

Jake had pale skin and jet black hair which were shaggy. A few strands were fallen upon his forehead, covering his eyes. He was dressed in all black from top to bottom. His eyes kept darting from us to the floor which gave the impression that he was a shy guy.

Ms. Walter asked Jake to introduce himself, which he did. But I couldn't concentrate on a word he said. I was just so mesmerised by this guy.

I caught a glimpse of his eyes when he was speaking and saw how they were the most deepest shade of blue eyes that I'd ever seen. They were gorgeous.

After he was done introducing himself, the teacher asked Jake to take a seat with Phil, in front of me and Jessy.

I gave a look at Jessy and saw how she was just as amazed by Jake as I was. There was something about him.. Something about his aura that attracted me to him. As if.. We were meant to meet.

"Hey man! I'm Phil." Phil introduced himself to Jake, who only returned the favour.

"So.. Got any chicks after you? With looks such as those, I wouldn't be surprised if u had a girlfriend or two." Phil winked at Jake.

"Not everyone is like you, Phil." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Haha. I was only messing with him, darling."

"He would really appreciate if you don't."

"And how do you know that?" Phil challenged as he gave me a sly smirk.

"I-" I was at a loss of words. I don't know why but I suddenly got this feeling of protecting Jake from jerks like Phil.

What the hell is wrong with me?! I don't even know the guy!

The ringing of the bell interrupted us and I was more than grateful for that.

***

Well.. It turned out that not only was Jake really good looking, but a genius too.

He knew the answers to almost all the questions the teachers would ask us in the class and quizzes. He aced all his tests and the teachers were really content with him and his performance.

"Hey! Do you know that opposites attract? Look at him. Such a smartie, while you! You barely pass the classes. I really think that you two would look so cute together." Jessy gushed with a dreamy look in her eyes.. Probably already imagining my and Jake's wedding.

"Are you insulting me or praising me?"

"Both! Or neither?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Listen. I'm not interested in him." I decided to put her out of her own confusing thoughts.

"You're lying!"

"Am not."

"Yeah. You can lie to me but how will you lie to yourself?" She asked with a smirk.

This girl was crazy.

I had no interest in Jake... Right?

"Hey, Jake. I was wondering if you could help me with this math equation. It's really messing with my head." Hannah, the prettiest girl of the class came over to him.

"Yeah. Sure." Jake went with her to her seat and started explaining the equation to her.

I was watching the two of them interact like a hawk. Not even blinking.

"You explain it so well! I understand it all now! Thank you so much, Jake." Hannah squealed like a lil crazy bitc-

"Woah calm down your jealousy, you're about to break my pencil." Jessy took her pencil out of my tight hold.

I didn't even realise that I was holding it so tight.

"I'm not jea-"

"Don't even try." She gave me a blank look.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" She whined.

"Because I don't need to."

"But you want to."

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it again. Maybe she's right.

"But how should I ta-"

"Hey Jake!" Jessy yelled, interrupting his chat with Hannah... Well it was just Hannah who was talking a million miles an hour. Jake was just awkwardly standing there listening to her.

"Yeah?" He asked, a bit hesitant.

"MC here really needs your help." She gestured towards me and my heart almost stopped beating when his eyes looked over at me.

His deep blue eyes seemed to stare right into my soul and I was trapped under his gaze. The two of us just kept staring at each other until Jessy cleared her throat.

I slight blush covered his cheeks and nose as he realised that he had been staring at me.

I, myself, was in the same blushing mess.

"So, are you going to help her or nah?" Jessy smirked.

"Of cou-"

"But he's with me right now." Hannah glared at Jessy and then at me.

"Oh! Let me help you, don't worry." Jessy moved Jake away and sat with Hannah, who looked absolutely pissed.

Slowly, but surely, Jake made his way towards me and sat down on Jessy's seat.

"So.. Uh.. What do you n-need my help with?" Jake asked, avoiding to look into my eyes.

"Uh.. "

What did I need his help with!?

"I.. Uh.. Actually wanted to talk to you."

Let's do this MC!

"Talk? About what?"

"About you."

"What? About me?" He looked genuinely shocked.

"You're interesting." I said without thinking twice.

Jake's face was covered in an adorable pink colour upon hearing what I said.

"Uh-no.. I-I mean.. I uh...You don't talk much.. And are reserved to yourself most of the time.. " I trailed off...

Great. You already failed at this MC.

"That's.. Uh.. Right..." He said nervously and scratched the nape of his neck.

The two of us were sitting in awkward silence.

I need to do something and fast!

"So.. How do you like being here?" I attempted for a proper conversation this time.

"It's nice. The teachers are really cooperative and the students are quite helpful too... Much better than my last school." He whispered the last part to himself.

"Hmm.. I wonder what brought you to this old and boring little town?"

"This is my mom's hometown. After my parents divorced, she decided to move back here with me." He said with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry." I think I brought up a sensitive issue here.

Well done again, MC.

"Don't be. She's actually much happier now than she was with him. And seeing my mother happy, makes me happy too." He gave me a genuine smile this time and it was the most beautiful thing ever.

"Your smile is so beautiful." My eyes widened as I realised that I said that aloud and quickly covered my mouth.

Jake chuckled and removed my hands from my face. "I think your smile is so much more prettier." His eyes widened and he immediately looked away as he seemed to realise what he said.

It was my time to chuckle this time.

"Please excuse me. That was out of line for me to say."

"No no. It's alright." I said with a small blush.

Jake and I continued to talk for some more time and all this time, I could feel the glares of envy from some of the girls of my class.

"Alright MC.. I'll talk to you later." Jake said with a smile and stood up.

"Later, Jake.. It was nice talking to you."

"Likewise, MC."

***

I was going home from school, admiring the patterns that the clouds had created in the sky. It was quite windy today.

I fixed my bag on my shoulder and looked down at the road in front of me again.

A few minutes later I sensed something wrong. As if someone was following me.

I quickened my pace, hoping that I was just being paranoid but that feeling of being followed didn't go.

Someone really was following me.

I was starting to feel really scared now. The route from the school to my house isn't crowded and I couldn't see anyone anywhere near me who could help me if I needed.

I tightly clutched the straps of my bag on my shoulder, hoping that whoever it was would just go away.

But I felt as if that person was now walking even closer to me than before.

I quickly ran towards an alley and backed up against the wall. Then, quickly taking out my water bottle I swinged it in the air and hit it on the head of the person when he neared the alley.

He clutched his head and tripped on the floor with a loud groan. It was a middle aged man, with dirty clothes and smelling like cigarettes. I hit him on the head with my bottle once again and took off running to my house.

"You bitch!" I heard him yell but didn't look back and just focused on going home.

I could hear his footsteps running behind me and as I looked back to see him, my feet tripped and I fell on the ground on my hands.

"Gotcha!" The man grabbed my arm and yanked me to stand up. "How dare you hit me huh?!" He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me against the wall.

"Let go of me." I tried to stay in a stern tone but the waver in my voice didn't go unnoticed by either of us.

"Or what huh? What will you do if I don't?" He grinned, showing off his ugly yellow teeth.

"Get away from her." A familiar voice said from behind the man. Both of us looked behind him to see Jake standing there, giving the man a deathly glare.

That was the first time I'd seen Jake look so mad. It was the exact opposite to the sweet and kind face he has....He looked scary.

"What will you do kid?" The man challenged and grabbed a fistful of my hair, grinning like a monster.

I clawed at his hands, trying to free myself but he only made his grip tighter.

"If you hurt her-" Jake started, his eyes turning dark. "I'll make sure that you suffer hell on earth." He said with so much venom in his voice that the man finally loosened his grip on my hair.

[A/N: I'm cringing so hard at this.]

I pushed him away and went near Jake who quickly pulled me behind him, still glaring at the man.

"A-alright.... Stop glaring at me like that... " The man mumbled and put his hands up in surrender. "Kids nowadays.. Dear God." He mumbled to himself while walking away.

Jake looked at me with a face full of concern. "Are you okay?" He asked softly.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Thanks to you." I gave him a big smile which made him blush.

"I don't know why.. But I get this feeling of protecting you from all the danger around us.. As if.. I-I am meant to." He said with a conflicted expression.

I could understand him. I'd felt that same need when Phil was bothering him on his first day of school.

"Let's go home. Where do you live?" I asked him as I held his hand. Jake interwined our fingers before replying. And it seemed that he didn't realise what he did.. As if it was done subconsciously by him.

***

I was searching in the library for a reference book that I could use for this upcoming test.

I decided that I was done with just passing. I wanted to ace all my tests too.

As I came out from in between two shelves, I spotted Jake sitting at a table reading a hacking book.

"My brain cells would die even before I could turn the first page." I said and he jerked at the suddenness of my voice. His shoulders relaxed when he realised that it was me.

"I don't know why.. But this book just piqued my interest." He replied and gave me a nervous smile.

"So.. You wanna learn how to hack?" I asked while sitting down beside him.

"I mean.. Why not?" He chuckled. "Only a genius like you could do that." I said with a light shake of my head.

"You tell me.. What brings you to the library?" He asked, while closing the book to give his full attention to me.

"I needed a book for this upcoming test." I replied with a sigh.

"I could tutor you for it instead." Jake said. "You will?!" I asked with a happy smile.

"Of course I'd help you, MC." He chuckled at my expression.

"That woule be awesome, Jake! Can we start now? I really want to do well in this test."

"As you say, MC."

The two of us started spending almost all of our time together since then, either studying or just.. Enjoying each other's company. My life somehow felt complete with him being there. He was my tutor, my classmate. My friend, my comfort... And I didn't even realise-

.....When he became my love.

***

"Since when did you started getting such high marks?!" Jessy exclaimed when she saw my test score.

"Ever since I got an amazing tutor." I said, loud enough for Jake, who was sitting in front of us to hear.

Even though he didn't show it, I could see how proud he felt for me.

Jessy noticed where my gaze had suddenly trailed off to and squealed.

"I knew that you two were perfect for each other! I'd told you, had I not?!"

"Shhhhhh." I slapped my hand on her mouth. "Not so loud." I harshly whispered to her.

She showed me a thumbs up and I removed my hand from her mouth.

"You two look so cute together!! You should thank me for this. Remember that day when I'd called for him to help you because you-"

"Jessy!" I covered her mouth again.

In front of us, I saw how Jake was laughing while Phil was giving weird looks to Jessy.. As if asking her if she's lost her mind.

***

"MC?! MC?! Open the door!" Jake frantically yelled from the outside.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked as soon as I opened the door.

"Relax, Jake. I'm fine."

"But this message-"

"I wrote that just to bring you here."

"I would have come to you even if you simply commanded me to, MC. Please do not ever joke about you being in danger. I couldn't bear that thought." He cupped my cheeks and looked into my eyes with nothing but a mixture of concern and relief.

I felt guilty when I saw how worried he was for me. I didn't think he would care this much but seeing him in such a state, pulled the strings of my heart. Everyday this guy makes me fall for him even more than I already do.

"Sorry. I didn't wanted to worry you but.. I have a surprise for you."

I grinned when I saw his puzzled expression.

"Surprise? For me?"

"Yup."

I went to my room and came out with the gift behind my back.

"Promise me that you will not deny it."

"That depends on the-"

"Promise me, Jake." I gave him a stern look.

He hesitated but complied nonetheless.

"I promise."

I handed him the new laptop that I'd recently bought for him. Until now, he was using the computer of our school's computer lab to learn hacking but when I saw the glint and sparks in his eyes when any of his hacks would work, I couldn't contain myself and decided to gift him a laptop of his own so that he could use it whenever he wishes to instead of waiting everyday to use the computer lab.

"This- MC.. I-I cannot-"

"You promised!"

"But this is too much, MC!"

"No, Jake. I know how much you wanted one. You can use it to learn hacking whenever you want! I know that you will never use your hacking knowledge for something bad. And as your best friend... I must support you in doing the thing that you love the most."

"How did you even buy this?!"

"Do not worry about that."

"Please.. At least tell me this." He pleaded.

"I used my savings.. And must have taken a loan from my parents.." I admitted sheepishly.

"MC...."

"Please accept this.... For me."

I gave him the best puppy look that I could muster.

"How can one deny when you look at them like that.." He said with a small smile.

"I'll pay you back for thi-"

"No."

"But, MC."

"No."

He sighed and gave up. "How can I win from you?" He mumbled and looked at me with adoration.

"That's the thing. You cannot." I stated proudly and both of us erupted into a laugh.

***

"Woah.. You're really getting better at this." I complimented Jake when he showed me his latest hack.

"Thanks." He said with a blush.

"Alright now.. I didn't gift this laptop to you so that you can just sit behind the screen all day. I don't want my handsome hacker boy to turn into a zombie."

His blush deepened. "I don't sit behind a screen all day."

"Mhm.. And I like Phil."

"What?! You do?!" He leaped out of his chair and looked at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Of course not, you silly." I chuckled when he led out a sigh of relief.

"But what if I did?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I... Would've been heartbroken." He admitted.

"And why's that?"

"Because.."

"Because?"

"Because I love you, MC."

"What?" My eyes widened at his words and my heart skipped a beat.

"From my very first day... I felt an attraction towards you.. You're just so.. I don't know.. I find you really fascinating, MC.. And I couldn't stop my heart from falling for you." He confessed with a raging blush that crept up his neck and face.

"But it's fine if you-"

"I love you too, Jake."

He almost stopped breathing and just stared at me.

"You.. Do?"

"Yes! How can I not?! You're just amazing, Jake!"

He looked at me for a few seconds and then pulled me to his chest to give me the tighest hug ever.

"You have no idea how much those words mean to me." he mumbled into my hair.

The two of us just stood there, in each other's comforting and warm embrace for a few minutes.

"I want to stay like this forever."

"Me too."

"Please don't ever leave me, Jake."

"I won't. Even if you decide to let go of me one day..  I could never not love you, MC."

***

"The sky looks so mesmerising today." I said while walking and looking up at the sky.

"It does. But you should either stop walking or stop looking up." Jake said.

"Why are you always so worried about me. I'm not a little girl, Jake. Relax."

"I know you're not but I just- MC!"

Suddenly I felt a hard push on my side and I fell on the ground with a thud. Behind me, I heard the voice of a car hitting a body and my world stopped.

Jake was lying limp on the ground, covered in nothing but blood. His breathing was ragged as he struggled to hold on to his life.

"JAKE!" I quickly ran to him and cupped his face.

"HEY! WAIT!" I called out after the car who had hit him but the driver just drove off.

"Jake! No!.. Just hold on.. I'll save you.." I choked on my words as I led out an involuntary sob.

I fumbled with the phone in my hands as I tried to call for help.

"MC.." Jake whispered.

"No.. Don't speak, Jake.. Nothing will happen to you." I said as tears flowed freely down my face.

"Listen to me..." He pleaded and then winced.

"Jake.. Why would you do that? You took my place.." I cried.

"I couldn't have let him hit you." He put his bloodied hand on my cheek.

"But you let him hit you?!"

"Better me than you." He attempted to smile.

My heart was breaking with each shaky breath he took. Deep down I knew that he didn't have much time but even so.. I refused to believe it.

"Jake.. You promised.. You said you'll never leave me." I cried and put my forehead on his.

"You can't break your promise, Jake!"

"I'm not breaking my promise, MC.. I'll be there for you.."

"Then please hold on. You have to live, Jake...For us..."

"I love you." Were the words he said before his eyes lost all their emotions and his body betrayed him.

"Jake?.. JAKE?!" I called out for him but...

He never replied again..

"JAKE! You said that you'll always be there for me.. You promised to not leave, Jake.." I cried and hugged his limp body close to my chest.

The sirens of the ambulance were heard in the distance but it didn't matter any more..

Jake would never wake up again..

"You promised.." I whispered to myself when the doctors announced him dead.

"You broke your promise." I cried and ran away from his funeral.

"You said you love me.. Yet you left me.." I said with tears in my eyes as I stared at his grave.

Why did you break your promise, Jake? It was supposed to be me.. Not you..

It should have been me.

____________________________________

A/N: Do leave a vote if you liked this story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 73 16
This book may contain spoilers of the game. All rights go to the game developers. Here you will find different stories about Duskwood. All will be On...
29.8K 2.7K 68
⚠️All rights are with Everbyte, none of the characters are mine except the Main Character who is named Jade.⚠️ Please bear in mind this is just my im...
8K 260 36
Duskwood short stories and small scenarios The stories that contain spoilers that you make will have ⚠️  as a warning Surely you will see more of Jak...
35.7K 2K 40
Love, fear, friendship, uncertainty: the four cardinal points on which MC's life revolves since she joined the attempts to find Hannah. Fascination...