Misfit Trials

By owlonmywrist

We all grew up on fairy tales from a variety of cultures, eras, and races. There is the good guy. The dashi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 21

1 0 0
By owlonmywrist

Rumpelstilzchen stopped speaking, seemingly lost in his memory. The clearing was silent, but not the type of silent it had been when Aegae spoke. Then, the clearing had been filled with her misery, sympathy from the listeners, and the echoes of tears. Now, there was a tense air to the clearing. It seemed that those who heard the story were not happy with the tale.

The Cat tapped his claws on the stone podium at which he stood, his grin more of a sneer now. The Mad Hatter's jibberish was quiet and sinister. The Godmother sat with her hand over her mouth, while Tinkerbell and Maleficent sat with their arms crossed, twin glares on their faces.

Rumpelstilzchen appeared not to notice the tension in the clearing, though it was palpable to everyone else.

The Cat cleared his throat, pulling Rumpelstilzchen out of his memories and back into the present. "So, Grandfather." The title held more sarcasm than it originally did and Rumpelstilzchen's brow crinkled in confusion. "You stole a potion from a sorcerer. What happened next?"

Rumpelstilzchen's gaze never left the Cat's menacing grin as he began to speak again. "We went home. Marta's strength returned, at least for a little while..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 150 7
After a rookie actress Sara died in a car accident she got reincarnated into a fantasy novel. But the problem is she reincarnated as a villainess who...
43.1K 1.7K 52
••• In a world of heroes there will always be a villain. Because wherever there's a hero around, there will be a villain lurking in the shadows...
136K 2.1K 48
One day Hawk finally had a chance to confess his feelings for Rose, the team was happy to hear their favorite couple finally confessing their love...
573 34 29
A few weeks ago, Luke and Heidi made up and got back together. You'd probably know they would, like, doesn't that happen in every breakup story? If w...