Life as A Winchester Sister:...

By CheyenneBenton21

Follows the story of Dean and Sam starting when they look for their dad with one key difference. They have a... More

Pilot Pt. 1
Pilot Pt.2
Pilot Pt 3
Wendigo Pt 1
Wendigo Pt 2
Wendigo Pt 3
Dead in the Water Pt 1
Dead in the Water Pt 2
Dead in the Water Pt 3
Dead in the Water Final
The talk
Phantom Traveler Pt 1
Phantom Traveler Pt 2
Phantom Traveler Pt 3
Bloody Mary Pt 1
Bloody Mary Pt 2
Bloody Mary Pt 3
Skin Pt 1
Skin Pt 2
Skin Pt 3
Hook Man Pt 1
Hook Man Pt 2
Hook Man Pt 3
Bugs Pt 1
Bugs Pt 2
Bugs Pt 3
Home Pt 1
Home Pt 2
Home Pt 3
Asylum Pt 1
Asylum Pt 2
Asylum Pt 3
Scarecrow Pt 1
Scarecrow Pt 2
Scarecrow Pt 3
Scarecrow Pt 4
Faith Pt 1
Faith Pt 2
Faith Pt 3
Faith Pt 4
Route 666 Pt 1
Route 666 Pt 2
Route 666 Pt 3
Route 666 Final
Nightmare Pt 1
Nightmare Pt 2
Nightmare Pt 3
Best Brothers Ever
The Benders Pt 1
The Benders Pt 2
Shadow Pt 1
Shadow Pt 2
Hell House Pt 1
Hell House Pt 2
Hell House Pt 3
Hell House Final
Something Wicked This Way Comes Pt 1
Something Wicked this Way Comes Pt. 2
Something Wicked this Way Comes Pt. 3
Provenance Pt 1
Provenance Pt 2
Provenance Pt 3
Provenance Pt 4
Dean Mans Blood Pt 1
Dean Mans Blood Pt 2
Dead Mans Blood Pt 3
Dead Mans Blood Pt 4
Salvation Pt 1
Salvation Pt. 2
Salvation Pt. 3
Devils Trap Pt. 1
Devil's Trap Pt. 2
Devils Trap Pt 3

Shadow Pt 3

355 8 0
By CheyenneBenton21

We made our way to the warehouse that Sam told us about. Wait he didn't say is that we had to climb an elevator shaft to get to the right floor. After silently complaining, we made it up to Meg's floor. Meg was already there, chanting strange words. I stared in confusion, until Sam tapped me. He climbed up and stood, trying to help me up as well. Dean followed shortly after. We snuck around the back, to avoid Meg spotting us. We hid behind some boxes and Dean handed Sam a gun. Before we could do anything else, Meg stopped her strange words.

"Guys," she spoke, with her back to us. "Hiding is a little but childish, don't you think?"

The three of us exchanged looks of shock and confusion. 

"That didn't work out like I'd planned," Dean stated. 

"Really?" I stated, sarcastically. "You don't say."

Meg turned now, looking in our direction. "Why don't you come out?"

We slowly stood, Dean making sure I was behind him. I did have a gun, but at this point, I was a bit nervous to actually use it. Meg made her way towards us, and the boys took small steps forward. 

"Sam, I have to say, this puts a real crimp in our relationship," Meg told him. 

"Yeah, tell me about it," Sam agreed. 

"So, where's your little Daeva friend?" Dean questioned, trying to break attention away from Sam.

"Around," Meg answered. "And that shotgun's not gonna do much good."

"Ah, don't worry sweetheart," Dean stated. "The shotgun's not for the demon."

I decided to stay silent, and behind Dean. Having Meg's attention didn't seem like a good thing.

"So, who is it, Meg?" Sam questioned. "Who's coming?" She was silent. "Who are you waiting for?"

She smirked. "You." I grabbed Dean's arm, scared now. Before I could say anything, we were all knocked down. It was some kind of invisible force. I was thrown a few feet away from the boys. I groaned in pain as I hit the ground. This is the last thing I remember happening before I was knocked out. 

"Sweetheart," I heard a voice call out. I was awake, but couldn't open my eyes quite yet. "Come on, Cheyenne, wake up."

"Maybe she's dead," Another voice teased.

"Shut up!" Another voice shouted. I finally realized the people talking were my brothers and Meg.  

I opened my eyes, mostly to prove that person, who I figured was Meg, wrong. "Thank god," Dean sighed out. "Are you okay?"

My whole body hurt, and I tried to pinpoint where I was actually injured. I could feel wetness running down my cheek, and knew that I was bleeding on my head. Before I could figure out anything else, I heard groaning from my right. I looked over and saw Sam, who was in worse shape than Dean and I. 

"My head hurts," I groaned. I could hear both boys struggle against the ropes. I looked over at Meg, in front of us.

"Sam, don't take this the wrong way," I stated, ignoring the pain for now. "But your girlfriend... is a bitch." Sam looked at Meg.

"This, the whole thing, was a trap," Sam stated. "Running into you at the bar, following you here, hearing what you had to say... it was all a setup, wasn't it?"

"Sammy, is this helping anything?" I questioned. I really just wanted this to be over. 

"And the victims were all from Lawrence," he continued.

"It doesn't mean anything," Meg clarified. "It was just to draw you in, that's all."

"You are such a bitch," I mumbled. Meg walked up to me, kneeling to my level. 

"Stay away from her!" Dean shouted, once again fighting against his ropes. 

Meg reached out and gently touched my cheek. "You think you're so brave, huh, just like your brothers?" She drew her hand back and proceeded to smack me across the face. I bit my lip to keep from crying out. Behind us, my brothers called out, trying to get her away from me.

"You killed those two people for nothing," Sam spoke up. Meg locked eyes with me still, but got up and walked to Sam. I looked over at Dean, worry written all over his face. 

"I'm okay," I mouthed to him. 

"Baby, I've killed a lot more for a lot less," Meg answered Sam. 

"You trapped us... good for you," Dean stated. "It's miller time... why don't you kill us already?"

I hated that he asked it, but... it was a good question. I mean, what did Meg want us for and why was she holding us?

"Not very quick on the uptake, are we," Meg asked. "This trap isn't for you." I was confused, if this trap wasn't for us, then who? 

"Dad," Sam stated. Dean and I both turned to look at him. Why in the world did Meg want our dad. "It's a trap for dad."

I couldn't help but smirk. "Oh, you're are dumber than you look." She rolled her eyes at me. "Our dad isn't even here." 

"She's right, sweetheart, cause even if our dad was in town, which he's not," Dean stated. 
He wouldn't walk into a thing like this." he explained. "He's too good."

Our dad might be mean and crazy sometimes, but he wasn't dumb. We were, for even coming here, but he wasn't. 

"He is pretty good, I'll give you that," Meg agreed. She walked over to Dean, kneeling right in front of him. "He has one weakness."

"What's that?" Dean questioned. 

"You," she stated. "He let's his guard down around his boys," she looked at me when she emphasized "boys". "Lets his emotions cloud his judgment." She looked back at Dean. "I happen to know he is in town, and he'll come and try to save you," she stated. "And then the Daevas will kill everybody... nice and slow... and messy."

"Well, I've got news for you," Dean started. "It's gonna take a lot more than some... shadow to kill him."

"Oh, the daevas are in the room here," She explained. "They're invisible... their shadows are just the only part you can see."

That explains the way we were all knocked out. 

"Why are you doing this, Meg?" Sam called out, getting her attention. "What kind of deal you got worked out here, huh,... and with who?"

"I'm doing this for the same reasons you do what you do... loyalty, love." She explained. "Like the love you had for Mommy... and Jess."

"Go to hell," I told her, with a glare. She stood and made her way to Sam again. As she walked by, she stepped on my ankle, hard. I cried out in pain.

"Baby, I'm already there," she stated, continuing to Sam. I did my best to breath through the pain. 

"Hey, Cheyenne," Dean called. I turned my head. "We're gonna be okay, just breath," he stated. I nodded. 

"Come on, Sam," Meg urged, sitting on his lap. I took notice of how uncomfortable he looked. "There's no need to be nasty." She put her face right up to his. "I think we both know... how you really feel about me." She whispered in his ear, but I could make out the words. "You know... I saw you... watching me... changing in my apartment." 

That was an image I didn't need, but now was in my mind. I closed my eyes, now trying to not listen.

"It turned you on, didn't it?" she questioned. 

"Get a room, you two," Dean stated. He was uncomfortable as well. 

Meg ignored him. "I didn't mind," She told Sam. "I like that you were watching me," she stated. This conversation was getting weird now. "Come on, Sammy, you and I can still have a little dirty fun." I chose the wrong time to open my eyes, as Meg began to kiss Sam's neck. 

"I really feel like I shouldn't be here," I stated. I swear that Dean chuckled lightly. 

"You want to have fun?" Sam questioned. "Go ahead, then... I'm a little tied up right now."

And Meg continued to attack his neck, a quiet sound was heard. It sounded like a switchblade. I looked to Dean, who was concentrating on something. He was trying to cut himself out. Unfortunately, Meg heard too. She stopped kissing Sam, and stood up, making her way to Dean. She reached behind the pole, grabbing the knife from his hands. She threw it across the room and then swung around the pole, face to face with him. She didn't say anything, just chuckled and went back to Sam.

"Now, were you just trying to distract me while your brother cuts free?" She questioned, her mouth close to his ear. 

"No... no," he stated. She climbed back on his lap. "It was because I have a knife of my own." He took his now untied hands and held her shoulders. He then headbutted her, and she fell down in front of him. 

"Sam, get the altar," I yelled, before Meg had the chance to stand. He stood quickly and ran to the table, throwing it and everything on top to the side. The contents scattered the floor. 

The Daevas didn't care for that. We watched as shadows danced across the walls, getting closer to Meg. Her legs were grabbed and she was drug across the floor. Suddenly, she was tossed out of the large window, and fell to the ground. Sam ran back to the knife on the floor, grabbing and turning to us.

"Her first," Dean nodded to me. Sam went around and cut the ropes. I sighed in relief, rubbing my rope burnt wrists to ease the pain. Sam grabbed around my waist, hauling me to my feet.

"Ow, ow!" I leaned into him. "Ankle is for sure hurt."

"Okay, okay," Sam set me back on the ground. "Let me get Dean, just rest here, okay." I nodded and watched as he untied Dean. Both boys returned to my side. 

Dean took my face in his hands. "Other than the ankle, are you okay," I knew he saw my head, which must have gash somewhere, due to the blood on my cheek. I nodded. 

He quickly picked me up off the ground. Sam walked over to the broken window and Dean followed. Looking down, we saw Meg, unmoving on the ground, a large pool of blood surrounding her. 

"I see the Daevas didn't like being bossed around," Sam joked. 

I whimpered, tucking my head into Dean's shoulder.

"Alright, it's okay, sweetheart," He tapped Sam. "Let's get out of here." Sam looked over at us nodding. "And Sam?"

Sam looked over at him. "Next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that's not so buckets of crazy."

"I agree," I stated, raising my hand. Sam ruffled my hair and we made our way out of the building. 

A short drive later and we were back at the motel. I almost fell asleep from the soft lull of the engine. The throbbing in my ankle had kept me from doing so. Dean carried my inside and Sam followed, still carrying the bag of weapons.

"Why didn't you just leave that stuff in the car?" I questioned, leaning my head on Dean's shoulder.

"I told you before, and I'll say it again... better safe than sorry," Sam stated, patting my side. "Let's just get you inside and look at the ankle. 

Sam pulled out his key, and opened the door. He stepped back, letting Dean carry me in first. When we walked in, I noticed a shadow figure in front of the window. I tapped Dean and pointed. 

"Hey!" Dean yelled. The man turned around slowly. I almost gasped and fell out of Dean's arms when I saw the face. "Dad." Dean stated. He smiled at Dean.

"Hey, boys." Dean rearranged me in his arms and I whimpered as my ankle hit his leg. Dad's eyes went to me. "What the hell are you doing here?" He questioned. I felt Dean's grip grow tighter. 

"She's hurt, that's what," he told Dad, trying to keep his voice level. Dean walked over, setting me down on a bed, I think to keep me a good distance from dad. He stepped over to the man, who pulled him into a tight hug. I held back tears. I was injured and he could care less.

Sam walked up behind them. He hadn't seen dad in almost two years now. I could bet he would still get a better reaction from dad though.

"Hi, Sam," dad stated, smiling at him as well. 

"Hi, dad," Sam replied. 

I tried to stay quiet, but the pain in my ankle and head was getting worse. I whimpered again and the boys turned to me. Dad glared down at me. Sam walked over and sat beside me, while Dean talked to dad.

"Dad, it was a trap," Dean stated. Sam reached over into his bag, pulling out some medical tape and aspirin. He rolled up my pant leg and I groaned. "I didn't know... I'm sorry."

"Cheyenne, you think you could be a little quieter?" Dad questioned. I could see Dean clench his fist. 

"Sorry, I'll try," I stated, so quiet,  the boys almost couldn't hear me. Sam continued to wrap my ankle. He stood and walked to the sink and got me a glass of water for my medicine. 

"It's alright," Dad told him. "I thought it might have been."

"Were you there?" Dean questioned. 

"I got there just in time to see the girl take the swan dive," he answered. "She was the bad guy, right?"

"Yes, sir," the boys answered at the same time. 

"Good," he stated. "Well, it doesn't surprise me," he admitted. "It's tried to stop me before."

"The demon has?" I spoke up. I looked down, realizing I was supposed to be quiet. 

"It knows I'm close," Dad explained. "It knows I'm gonna kill it." He chose to ignore me for the moment. "Not just exorcise it or send it back to hell, actually kill it."

"How?" Dean asked, for all of us. 

"I'm working on that," Dad smiled, like he was doing something dangerous. 

"Let us come with you," Sam stated. "We'll help."

"No, Sam," Dad responded. "Not yet." Sam looked disappointed. "Listen, try to understand," he explained. "This demon is a scary son of a bitch... I don't want you caught in the crossfire... I don't want you hurt."

"You don't have to worry about us," Sam argued. 

"Of course I have to worry about you boys," he stated. "I'm your father." 

"Cheyenne too," Sam stated. 

Dad looked back at me. "Maybe if someone had stayed back like I asked... she wouldn't be hurt... now would she?"

"Dad, it wasn't her fault, it was Meg," Dean argued, still controlling his anger. 

"No, Cheyenne has always been a little... clumsy," Dad smiled, but not in a loving way. "Always getting hurt." I could hear the threats in his voice. 

"It's fine Dean... dad's probably right anyway." I stated, trying to end the conversation before it could get worse. Dad glared at me again, but turned to Sammy. I took quiet breaths, to avoid going into a panic attack.

"Listen, Sammy, the last time we were together, we had one hell of a fight," Dad stated.

I remembered that day. All the yelling and slamming of doors. Then Dean went to the bar, leaving dad and I alone. It was another time that Dad took his anger out on me. It made my chest tighten slightly, but I kept breathing. 

"Yes, sir," Sam agreed. 

They stayed silent for a few seconds, the three of them looking at each other. 

"It's good to see you again," Dad told him. "It's been a long time."

I could tell Sam was getting emotional. He had every right to. "Too long," he corrected. The two of them hugged. As much as it hurt me, I smiled at the two. As long as Sam and Dean got along with dad, I was happy. 

Out of nowhere, Dad was thrown across the room. He slammed into the cupboards and landed on the ground. The same happened to Sam. I stood up, as well as I could, as Dean was thrown.

"NO!" he yelled. 

A force knocked me over, into the wall. I was able to duck my head, so it didn't crash directly into it. I felt a burning sensation on my other cheek, as if something was tearing into it. I tried to move, but something held me down. I could hear Dean and Dad screaming in pain.  

"Shut your eyes!" Sam screamed. I saw him crawl to his bag of weapons. "These things are shadow demons, so let's light them up." I squeezed my eyes shut. I heard him light something and behind my closed eyes, I saw a bright light. Then I smelled and tasted smoke of some kind. What the hell did Sam light?

I was released from their grip. I couldn't find it in me to move, instead I curled up. My side was killing me, as well as my head and ankle still. I coughed as a inhaled smoke. 

"Dad, Cheyenne!" I heard Dean yell. 

"Over here," Dad yelled from across the room. 

"CHEYENNE!" Sam yelled now, I could feel him coming closer to me.

"I'm here," I called out, weakly. A second later, I was picked up off the ground. Sam's hand pushed my head into his shoulder, keeping me from the smoke and light.

"I got you," Sam stated as he walked out of the room. "You're okay." I looked forward and saw Dean helping dad.

We made our way out of the motel and to the impala. Sam set my on the ground, and I leaned against the car. I groaned in pain. 

"All right, come on" Sam told the others. "We don't have much time." He opened the back door, throwing the bag inside. "As soon as the flare's out, they'll be back." 

"Wait, wait," Dean told him. "Sam, wait." He looked back at Dad. "Dad you can't come with us."

"What?" Sam questioned, like Dean had gone crazy. "What are you talking about?"

"You boys... you're beat to hell," Dad commented. I rolled my eyes.

"You know, I'm hurt too," I snapped. The pain was making me say things without thinking. Dean kneeled next to me, taking in the injuries I had. He pulled a rag from his jacket, holding it against the gash on my check.

"Dean, she's fine, leave her alone," Dad muttered. "You two are more important any way." I gave Dean a look, begging him not to argue. 

"We'll be all right," Dean told him. "Hold that there, okay," he told me, brushing some hair from my face. 

"Dean, we should stick together!" Sam shouted. "We'll go after those..."

I whimpered at all the yelling. A few more minutes, I was gonna have a panic attack. I reached over and grabbed Dean's arm.

"Sam, listen to me!" Dean argued back. "We almost got dad killed in there," he grabbed my hand squeezing on it. "Don't you understand... they're not gonna stop." He looked up at Dad again. "They're gonna try again... they're gonna use use to get to him." I squeezed Dean's hand to calm him down. "I mean, Meg was right... Dad's vulnerable when he is with us."

"He's stronger without us around," I agreed, speaking quietly still. 

Sam turned to our dad, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Dad, no," he stated. "After everything, after all the time we spent looking for you, please." Sam was begging at this point. "I've got to be a part of this fight."

Dad reached up and touched Sam's arm. "Sammy, this fight is just starting, and we are all gonna have a part to play." he explained. "For now, you've got to trust me, son." He looked at Sam, with nothing but seriousness. "Okay... you've got to let me go."

Sam nodded after a minute, realizing that Dad was right. He patted dads shoulder and we watched him walk away from us. He turned around one more time. 

"Be careful, boys," Once again, not even caring for me. He got into his truck and a second later, he was gone. 

The second he was gone, I let out a sob. I had been holding my tears in for far too long and they all came at once. I began to breath heavier, raising a hand to my chest.

The boys got on their knees beside me. "Cheyenne?" Dean called out, pulling up my face to look at him. "Hey, hey, what's wrong"

"I....d-dad...h-he d-doesn't..." I could barely get a single word out. Sam ran his hand through my hair, attempting to calm me down. Dean pried my hand from my chest, putting it on his own.

"Sweetheart, hey, I need you to calm down," he begged. "We need to get out of here." he told Sam, realizing we were running out of time. 

He pulled out the impala keys, and tossed them to Sam. "Okay, let's get you in the car, okay." He lifted me up and Sam opened the door. 

The boys managed to get me in, even with my crying and panicking. Dean scooted in the back with me, while Sam started to drive away from the motel. Dean held me in his arms, so my face was on his chest. 

"Can you follow my breathing?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me. I did my best to match his heartbeat, and a few minutes later, I stopped crying. "That's a girl."

"I knew it," I muttered. I couldn't see their faces, but I knew the boys were confused. 

"You knew what, Cheyenne?" Sam questioned, looking in the rearview mirror. 

"That dad was gonna have that reaction when he saw me," I answered. "That he wouldn't care about me and would yell." 

"Sweetheart, can you look at me," I sat up, so I could look him in the eyes. "I'm sorry that dad acted like that... believe me, I wanted to mess him up so bad." He put a hand on my cheek. "But, you have to know that you have two people right here that love you and want nothing but the best for you." I nodded. "As long as Sam and I live, we will not let dad hurt you ever again, alright?"

I hugged him again. "Thank you guys," I responded. I let out a yawn and Dean chuckled. 

"We can talk more later, but you need to get some sleep," He told me. I scooted down, so my head was in his lap. I wanted to argue, but my eyes began to close.

I had no idea where we were headed next or what was in store for us. Dad being back in our lives made things more difficult. As much as I hated the man, we needed to help protect him. All I knew right now, was that I was safe.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 94 16
dean isn't the oldest Winchester their sister Kate is and she just got back from her last tour in the military and while Sam gets back in the game of...
456K 10.4K 79
The Little Winchester Sister - First Book: Scarlett Winchester is Dean and Sam's half little sister. When she was 10, Sam left the hunting business a...
3.5K 32 17
(*COMPLETED*)This story is based on the amazing tv show 'Supernatural'. This story is called The Baby Winchester and it is about Deanna Mary Winchest...
21.6K 670 116
The Winchester's go to solve a case at a university where they meet Katie Miller. Quickly a friendship blossoms between them but for the older Winche...