You're Better Than This (Grav...

By cmishou74

"Ever since we were kids, all I ever wanted was to protect you. I'm the big brother. I won't let anything hap... More

Chapter 1: Just This Once
Chapter 2: Shenanigans
Chapter 3: A Day of Freedom
Chapter 4: The Attention is Bliss
Chapter 5: Something's Different
Chapter 6: Don't Leave Me
Chapter 7: Closure?
Chapter 8: Stuck In Place
Chapter 9: Going Back
Chapter 11: Forgotten

Chapter 10: Broken Mistake

37 4 0
By cmishou74

He was pathetic. Worthless. Bill told him so.

Will felt the next drops of rain down his face, grass turning into puddles. He knew he should be running and hiding, not just standing there watching the rain get heavier. But he didn’t move. In fact, he couldn’t feel the world around him at all anymore, he was so caught up in what had happened earlier.

Will couldn't stand the fact that his brother hated him and that he was gone.

If only Will could just go back to the day when everything was okay. If they'd never left home at all. If they could just talk things out again without a dumb fight breaking out every five minutes.

Their life hadn't been perfect but it had been good—it had made sense. But now, with Bill blaming him for who knows what, everything wasn't the same. It had gotten worse than ever.

All Will wanted now was to go home.

Will laid against the tree, rubbing his hands on his arms. He could still feel Bill's warmth nights before.

Will's mind drifted off to the night Bill came into his room after their father had fallen asleep. Pi-Mo was intoxicated and angry about a fight he’d gotten into with Bill and how their mother had just died from another demon a day ago. It almost tore the family apart. 

The last thing he remembered that night was crying to his brother, that it felt like he wasn't going to be able to make it through without his mother to cuddle him.

Will knew it sounded selfish, but at the moment all that mattered was how much he needed help with everything. Will had to admit, Bill understood.

And since then, Bill's always been there. 

Even when they were kids, Bill would take care of Will. Will had always believed that he could count on his brother for everything, no matter what happened.

After hearing about their mom dying, Bill got protective of him. He took over more of the duties of being Will's big brother than a twin. But Will always pushed Bill away because he didn't want Bill to worry too much about him. He wanted to be strong enough to handle things on his own.

But now, he couldn't do anything by himself. He was stuck in the rain, being useless.

Even if that wasn't the case, now... Now Will wouldn't stop worrying about Bill and how to protect him.

Will's teeth chattered against the cold, legs tucked close to him.

"You're the strange magic I've detected, aren't you?" A strong voice questioned, standing tall in front of Will's cold state.

Will looked up, horrified. A set of human twins in blue attire stood high and proud. The male held a device in his hands while chains in the other. Will scrambled back, his eyes shocked in terror when he glances towards the female.

She had a knife and what he could guess was a rift in her hands.

"Brother, I wanna play with him!" She whined, slumping to meet Will's eyes. Will flinched, turning away. Who were these guys?

"Not yet sister." He sneered, grabbing the rift and placing it beside them both.

Will watched Bill's prized possession wither to the ground in crumbles.

"The rift should be in the hands of a scientist now. How fortunate! It's in safe hands.." The teen in blue states.

Both humans glared at Will before urging the knife and chains closer.

"How fortunate, little demon. You're in safe hands too."

~(>-<)~

How far had he run off?

Bill was starting to get worried. Tad should've stepped in by now. He should be grabbing Will by the hand while dragging him with them. Is this..really happening?

"Boss?" Keyhole asked. "Let's go."

Bill turned to Keyhole, eyes spiked in tears.

It hurts. It shouldn't hurt, but it still does.

What if Will is lost? Or injured?

"The portal can only go for so long! In or out?!" Pyronica called.

"When..are we coming back?" Bill asked.

"Never boss. Unless you want to." Keyhole began.

Why can't we just stay here for a while?" Bill says nervously.

"Why should we?" Pyronica states. "Nothing left out here, but dust and ruin."

"No! We have too much money now!" Bill protested.

"And...and I don't want us to be away for too long. I still need to bring Will home!" Bill cried.

The words poured forth without his consent. Bill didn't mean them to come out. They just did. And they hurt like heck. Tears flowed from his eyes at the pain of those simple words. He tried to wipe them away with one hand while he held the jacket with another.

Pyronica's face softened slightly before she looked down and said nothing.

"He's nothing. Just leave him."

In the distance, Bill heard a distant scream. It was Wills. Bill didn't think, he ran towards the noise, pushing low branches and leaves away. The gang called for their boss, but he didn't stop.

Once he got closer to where he heard the scream, he began to hear the familiar sound of the portal activating. There was a strange clicking as the noise stopped, a faint glow appearing from somewhere around it. But something wasn't right. The light wasn't purple like Tads.

And the two humans weren't people they knew.

Will was cowarding on the ground, holding his stomach while letting out small sobs. While the male kicked, Will let out loud screams of pain, blood dripping down his face in slashes. That must of been the girl's doing. She flicked the knife in her hand, cutting Will some more. She tilts Will's head, pouting almost.

"Mason, Why is it not fighting? I bring my gun for what?!" She snapped.

"I'm not sure. But, no worries. We got it. Let's go." Mason says, dragging Will by the hair.

"BILL!!!" Will screamed.

Bill's eyes widened, going further into the trees.

"Bill? Who's that, your dad?" The girl mocked.

Will's eyes narrowed. "N-No."

"Then who is it?!" Mabel hissed.
"Mabel!" Mason growled. "Don't  aggregate it! Just get it in then you can do what you want!"

"Fineeee." Mabel hissed, waltzing into the portal.

Mason does the same, dragging Will with him.

"WILL!" Bill yelled, running over.

Like lightning, Mason teleports in front of Bill, grabbing him by the neck. Bill chokes, hands scambling at his throat.

"Sister, the little demons magic works!" Mason exclaimed.

Mabel groaned, dragging Will with her. "That's cool and all, but let's get out of here! I'm getting creeped out! I still have to thank our little cutie for the magic~" Mabel cooed, holding Will close to her.

"Mind reading too? My, I guess the demon does fit the rumors," Mason glared at Bill before slamming him against the tree.

Bill cried in pain, collapsing to the ground.

"G-Get off Will! Now!" Bill yelled, trying to get up only to find that he was unable to.

Something was keeping him from moving. Someone. Bill struggled to get up with no avail. Mason had his arm extended towards Bill, the force keeping him down. Will struggled in Mabel's grip, kicking and screaming.

Mason kicked Bill in the face, knocking him rederless.

"Let. Him. Go!" Bill spat, blood dripping down his mouth. He used all his strength to heal himself, a yellow aura surrounding him.

"Mason let's go!" Mabel snapped.

Bill lept to his feet, eyes glowing red while the rest of his body following it.

"Take the little demon now. This other demon can stay here." Mason mused.

Mabel yanked the chains forward, pulling Will along with her. A blue portal formed behind them while Mason kept Bill away.

"Don't take him! You monsters have no idea who you're messing with!" Bill shouts, blue fire in his hands.

Mason chuckled darkly. "You're a fool."

Bill lunged at Mason, but before he could, Mason wrapped a hand around his amulet. It glowed a bright light blue, what seemed to be Will's magic. Was this human trying to use his brother's magic against him?!

Suddenly, Bill was frozen in place, flames dying down and what seemed to be shocks of needles piercing his skin. Bill winced, eyes barely able to keep open.

"You'll pay for this you m-" Bill struggled. He noticed Mabel and Mason dragging Will into the portal, leaving him stuck.

"WAIT! PLEASE!" Bill cried, tears pricking his eyes. No his brother, not again. He can't lose him, he had nobody else.

"Bill!" Will cried back, stomping on Mabel's foot and running towards Bill. Mabel cried in pain, making her lose all composer. Mason grabbed the chain, pulling with all his might.

Will finally got to Bill, hugging him with crying into his arms. Bill tried his best to hold on, but he couldn't move a finger, all he could hope for was Will's strength to keep them together.

And it wasn't enough.

Will slowly began to slip away, now using anything he can to hold on.

"WILL!" Bill snapped.

Will looked up at him, tears falling down his face. "W-What?"

"I- I promise I'll find you," Bill sobbed, smiling lightly.

"B-Bill.." Will began. From behind, Mason began to come closer.

"I'll keep that promise please just wait. I'll get stronger I'll do anything I can- I-I'll get the rift- I'll find it and I'll find you!" Bill says quickly, tears running down his face.

Will looked away, smiling softly. "I'll keep you at that promise..weirdo."

Bill watched in horror as Mason grabbed Will and took him into the portal. The portal finally closed, before he was left alone with his thoughts.

The gang dashed back over, confused of why their leader ran away. They finally spotted Bill, alone and frozen in shock.

Bill broke free of the spell, collapsing on the ground. Pyronica caught Bill just in time, helping him up. From the throw Mason gave, it must of bruised his leg. He was sure he wasn't going to be able to walk for awhile.

"Boss?" Pyronica asked, concern in her voice.

"Oh-Oh satan..I'm sorry...Will...it's all my fault.." Bill muttered, the sickening taste of iron filling his mouth.

"What are you talking about?" Pyronica cooed, wiping blood off his lips before licking her fingers with a small concerned smile. "Are you okay hun?"

Bill opened his mouth before nothing came. He stared at the spot Will was taken, so many emotions flooding his brain all at once. It was almost like his emotions were on autopilot. Completely numb.

"Sir? Guys, he's not moving- Did we give him a heart attack?" 8 Ball asked.

"You must be the gang. Aren't you?" Tad mused from behind them, watching the gang hundle around Bill, almost like children would to be safe.

"You guys are 10 seconds late! Where were you?! Pi-Mo will have my head you know!" Tad snapped at Bill.

Bill couldn't move or speak. He felt empty, almost. If it wasn't for stray tears to fall down his face.

He just didn't care anymore.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" Tad began.

"Hey, it's alright..uh- what's up?" 8 Ball said, trying to cheer up their leader, who was always smiling.

Bill always made the gang feel special. And when Bill needed them most, they just couldn't understand what to do. He's never been this sad before.

"Go home. All of you." Tad says coldly.

They all had no choice but to comply.

Tad swatted the gang away, before kneeling down to Bill's face. Bill turned away, small sobs escaping his broken voice.

"What's wrong? Where's your brother?" Tad asked in worry.

"Bill, I'm talking to you."

After much silence, Tad sighed, extending his arms open for the dorito. "C'mere, we'll find him together-"

Bill shuffled into Tad's arms.

"What happened? Where is Will?" Tad asked again.

Pi-Mo stepped over, his concentration faltering.

"I can't trace Will's magic. Bill, where is he?!" Pi-Mo asked, desperation in his voice.

"W-Will- H-He's..they- they took him-" Bill choked out.

Pi-Mo covered his mouth, muttering small words to Tad. After a moment, Tad scooped Bill up like a child.

"We..We will find him."

Bill held the jacket close to him, almost having the feeling of Will's warmth close to him.

He should've cuddled Will.

He should've played adventures with him.

Talked to him.

Given all his attention to the bluenete.

But now it's his fault that Will is gone.

For good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 2.8K 38
C O M P L E T E D ✔ Becoming a demon's property just because of one mere deal? Impossible! Right? || [Gravity Falls] Bill Cipher Fanfiction || [ Star...
6.6K 283 21
How can you destroy a monster without becoming one?... The Pines family have been split up for a year now, but Mabel and Dipper Pines have returned a...
10.8K 242 21
Hello there, I have a small(ish) obsession with Gravity Falls, and I might have a crush on a certain one eyed, yellow demon. If you're like me and ha...
120K 4.8K 86
After escaping their abusive household, twins Bill and Will Cipher, find refuge in a strange town of Zero Gravity. It doesn't take long, before dange...