A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASE🥳

Chapter 20

2.7K 91 14
By sequinedsmile

Eliza's POV-

The first court visit went well. Our side of the case was more stronger after all the claims and evidences were presented. What Vincent said was right Roger King was a ruthless man, he hurled accusation after accusation at Vincent was truly baffling. Celestine certainly hates me. When Vincent introduced me as his wife to her, she was literally shooting daggers from her eyes at me. Lily doesn't know that all this was happening and we were going to avoid telling her as much as we could.

I had my first exam tomorrow and I hadn't prepared anything at all. So, tonight I was pulling an all nighter. I was sitting in the at the dining table with my books opened all across the table. It was 11 pm, everybody in the house was asleep except me. I was sitting at the dining table with all my textbooks and notes scattered across the table and a triple shot espresso made with an overly expensive coffee machine. My stationary was everywhere.

"What are you doing?" Vincent's voice startled me. I was so caught up in my studies I didn't even notice him coming up from behind me.

"Studying." I said.

"Which test do you have tomorrow?" He took a seat beside me.

"World Civilizations," I answered.

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

"Could you help me memorize Sumerian Civilization?" I asked sarcastically.

"I'll pass on that." He said. I gave him a smile and went back to studying. After a few moments he said,

"Good god, how strong is this?" He was talking about my coffee.

"It's a triple shot espresso." I said.

"That is going to keep you up for a long time," He muttered.

"Well, that's the plan." I took the coffee from him and took a sip out of it.

"Caffeine isn't the only way to stay awake. I can think of different ways to keep you up all night." He looked right into my eyes while he said that. I spit my coffee into the mug and looked at him horrified.

Did he just flirt with me? No way.

"You did not just say that," I said.

"Oh, but I did." He smirked. I looked at him for a moment and burst out laughing because the idea of Mr. Robot flirting was hilarious. He started laughing too and the sound of him laughing was something so beautiful that it reminded of ancient love poems.

It took us minutes to stop laughing.

"I have to study or else I'll fail." I said. Then an idea stuck me.

"You take interviews, right?" I ask.

"I was the one who took your interview." The idiot stated the obvious.

Ignoring is snarky ass tone I said, "So could you prepare a questionnaire for me?" I asked.

"Sure, why not," He took my textbook and started reading it. I went back to studying and I don't know how I fell asleep but I do know that I woken up by excruciating pain in my stomach. I knew that feeling too well, I have been going through this for the past 12 years.

I went to my bedroom to get my sanitary pads. After that I took my pain killers and medicine then I checked my phone to see how late was it this time and to no one's surprise I was two an half weeks late. Getting my period late is nothing new for me, it has always been like this because of my diagnosis and result of my disease. A reminder of my fate. It was already 5 am so I decided to study for the test today, it wasn't like I could get much sleep in this pain. Vincent was asleep on the dining table just like I had been.

Around 9am I gathered my things to leave for my university. I asked Vincent to drop me to which he replied,

"I cannot. I have to get to work." He adjusted his tie.

"My university is just on the way to your office." I said.

"But I am already late," He argued.

"Please, Vincent. Please, please, please." I gave him the puppy dog eyes, I had seen Lily do that to him and he would agree almost immediately.

"I said no," He said strictly. My virtue broke.

"It's not like if you be late to go to your office the world would burst into flames." I said angrily,

"Why are you acting like a small child?" He asked.

"Because you are being impossible." I accused him.

"Just go with Simon." He said.

"Simon is gone to drop Lily off a kindergarten." I said.

"Then you should have gone with him." He commented.

"That's a genius idea, why didn't I think about it? Oh wait, I forgot Lily's school is in the opposite direction." I said sarcastically.

"Not my fault." He picked up his briefcase.

Oh, this man is about to be murdered by me.

"You know what, fuck off. I'll just take the bus." I stormed out of the house while purposefully bumping into his shoulder which in turn hurt me more than him.

I used the bus to get to university and the whole day I had a really bad mood. Makenzie and Heath also noticed it, they were my closest friends in the university. I removed my wedding ring before getting inside. The test went well but my uterus was punching me non stop. I was in no shape to take the bus again so I called Simon to pick me up.

Vincent's POV-

Simon's phone rang as he was driving. He answered it as it got connected to the car's bluetooth. We were on our way to pick up Yu Yun from her school, I was going to surprise her.

"Hello, Eliza." He answered. I looked up from my phone at her mention. This morning we had our first fight. It wasn't anything serious but her anger was scary. She looked like she was a minute away from killing me.

"Hey, Simon. Where are you right now?" She asked. Her voice was strained. My complete attention turned to the conversation in front of me.

"I'm on my way to pick up Lily," Simon said.

"Oh, could you pick me up after that?" She asked.

"Come on, Liz, I'll drop you home." A male voice from the background.

"It's fine, Heath. I'll go on my own." She said to him.

"You are not in the state of travelling alone. Also there is plenty of space on my bike," The guy said.

"Shit! That hurts like a motherfucker." Eliza muttered.

Did he say a bike? What happened to Eliza? And most of all who the fuck was he drop her off?

I straightened on my seat. I was uncomfortable with the thought of some guy dropping her off especially on a damn bike.

"It's fine. Hey, Simon, are you there?" Eliza said.

"Yeah," Simon replied.

"So, will you come to pick me?" She asked. 'Say yes' I mouthed to him.

"Sure. I'll be there," Simon said uncertainly.

"Great, see you. I'll be at the cafe in front of the fountain." She cut the call.

"Simon, stop over here." I said.

"But si-" He said. But my look of warning shut him up, he parked the car on the side of the road. I got out of the car and so did he. I went to driver's seat.

"Take my car from the office and go pick up Yu Eun. I'm taking this car." I handed him my keys.

"But sir, we just left the office." He quite literally whined.

"Then walk to it. You need to put off some weight." I said and into the car.

It took me about 10 minutes to get there, she was sitting outside the cafe with a guy and a woman. They were talking to each other. She obviously hadn't seen me yet. I got out of the car and walked towards her. I stopped beside she chair. She looked up and a scowl formed on her face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here to pick you up, let's go." I held her hand and turned but she let go off my hand that me turn around.

"I thought you were too busy." She taunted. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Liz, who is this?" The guy asked.

"Hi, I am Vincent Chae. Eliza's husband." I introduced myself, putting extra emphasis on the word husband. Their faces were shocked.

"Liz you got married?!?" The woman asked. Eliza had her face burried in her hands like she was embarrassed. My gaze went to her ring finger which was bare.

"Eliza, where is your wedding ring?" I asked.

"In my bag." She snapped at me.

"Then wear it." I said.

"I don't want to." She snapped at me.

"It's not a choice. Wear your wedding ring." I ordered.

"I am not your employee to listen to you." She said.

"You are my wife and wearing and the ring makes sure everyone knows it." I said.

"Fine." She sighed and put on her ring.

"Now let's go home." I said.

"I am not going with you. I'll take the ride with Heath." She stood up.

The hell she was.

I bent down and picked her up. She shrieked. She stared at me with surprise.

"Naelyeo jwo!" She shouted. (Put me down)

"Jeoldae," I smiply answered. (Never)

"Naneun dangsin-eul jug-il geos-ida." She said dangerously. (I will kill you)

"Naneun dangsin-i sidohaneun geos-eulbogo sipseubnida." I answered and started walking to my car. (I would like to see you try)

"Bye, Liz." Her friend said from behind us. Eliza waved her hand.

I was aware of the stares and whispers that followed us but I chose to ignore it. We stopped in front of the car and I put her down. She glared at me as I opened the door. She sat in. I got seated in the driver's seat at started the ignition.

Then I realized something.

"I thought you couldn't speak Korean." I said.

"Huh?" She said.

"You said you couldn't speak Korean and just about two minutes ago you spoke so fluently." I started driving.

"Ah, I lied to Lily that time. She was just so excited about it and I wanted to be her friend so I just lied." She suddenly wrapped her hands around her stomach and released a pained groan. Her eyes closed tightly and she brought her feet close to her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing just cramps." She waved her hand dismissively but her eyes were still closed which meant she was in pain.

"Cramps? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am on my period. This is normal, I have felt this is for half of my life." Her voice came out strained. 

"Oh... Okay." I replied to sure what how to respond to that. 

Growing up in all male household I have never had to encounter with any feminine problems and this was the part I dreaded about Yu Eun growing up. I did do some research about this just to be prepared. So, I guess that'll come in handy now.

Now, I felt guilty for not dropping her off this morning. I vaguely remember how much my mother used to in pain when I was kid.

Does Eliza also feel the same pain? Just thinking about it made me shudder.

There was bakery on the way home so I decided to stop there first. Eliza had fallen asleep in the car.  I couldn't decide what to get so I called April.

"What do you want? I am in the middle of something." She answered with this statement. 

"It's an emergency. I need you help." I said. 

"What happened?" She asked.

"What do you eat when you are on your days." I said.

"My days?" She sounded confused.

"You know what I mean." I said exasperated.

"I seriously don't." She said.

"I mean you are on you period, April." I said a little too loudly because I got weird looks from the people around me. 

"Why are you asking me that all of a sudden?" She sounded taken aback. 

"Because my wife's on her period and I want to get something to make her feel better." I said.

"Well, can buy dark chocolate or anything related to chocolate quite frankly. Like chocolate croissant or eclair. Just don't get something too oily or else she'll feel bloated." She told.

"Thank you. You are life saver." I said.

"Compared to everything you have done for me, this is absolutely nothing." Her voice suddenly flattened.

"Hey, don't think about the past. It's all gone and it'll never repeat again." I assured her. I knew what she had remembered. I knew that tone.

"You're right. I'll text you about some other things you can do make her feel better." She said.

"That'll be great." I said.

After ending the call I bought almost all types of chocolate desserts and pastries the bakery had to offer. The cashier looked concerned at the amount of sweet boxes I had. When I went back to my car I saw that Eliza was still asleep and she was even slightly snoring. She must've not got complete sleep last night. I drove home.

When we reached I parked the car and carried Eliza bridal style into the house. She did stir a little but fell asleep again. I placed her on our bed. And went downstairs. April had already texted me all things I needed to know. Today my whole focus will be making her feel better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 1.2K 26
Cole agreed to a marriage five years ago to make his mother and her best friend happy. But it hasn't been the easiest of times being married to a wom...
308K 8.8K 51
What will happen to the two girl that don't like each other but one day they are forced to get married and have children • • • A hard-hearted millio...
1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
338K 11.1K 47
After a year long misery for the wait of filing a divorce with his unloving partner of 10 years, Chase Johnson has finally been given his freedom. Wi...