π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π»πΌπ‘πΎπ΄π΅πΏπΈ

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

twenty-one

5.6K 419 231
By teeetales

Cheyenne stood with her brows furrowed as she stared at the two and a half people standing outside her door with suitcases besides them, in the middle of the night. 

"Can we come in?". Donovan nervously questioned, looking at her face to detect any signs of attitude.

"Sure". She stated, pushing the door open so they could step in. Donovan pulled the bags in as Stella trailed behind him with her son. Cheyenne closed and locked the door and then turned to look at Donovan with her brow raised.

"What is going on and who is she?". She asked, placing her eyes on Stella. She noticed how tall and slim she was. Her skin tone was a rich brown skin which was clear of blemishes. Her hair was currently pulled into a bun and her eyes were puffy from all the crying she did.

"She needs a place to stay". 

"Okay?..." Cheyenne trailed off, still confused why the stranger was standing in the middle of her living room and with bags at that and why Donovan was telling her such.

"She is going to stay here". He announced.

"Excuse me?! And who did you discuss this with?". She jerked her head back as her forehead creased. She was puzzled by the information.

"Cheyenne please". He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, not really trying to argue with her. Especially in front of Stella.

"Hell no, you got me fucked up!". She stated, not giving a fuck about Stella being in the room. Stella simply looked down, trying not to show her emotions. She really needed help and she didn't care who she got it from.

"Let me explain?". He muttered, moving towards her. 

"You can take a seat" He glanced behind him, gesturing towards the couch so Stella could get comfortable. Cheyenne raised her brows as he gave instruction in her home. She watched as Stella walked towards the couch and take a seat. 

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the first room he could find. He shut the doors behind them as they stepped in, leaving them cramped up in the little store room she had, head to chest. 

"What is this huh?" Cheyenne exclaimed, folding her arms. 

"She is in danger".

"Okay what that got to do with me?" She spoke up with an attitude.

"She will be safe here. No one knows where you live". He stated, having seems like he had all the answers.

"Oh so you rather put me and your child in danger too? What if she snitches".

"This is the last place they will even look".

"You don't know that! I hate you for doing this to me without my permission. I thought we were over doing things like this?". Confused, she asked him.

"I know and I am sorry. I should've communicated but then again I know how you are"

"So you rather bombard me by just showing up! And with a stranger at that!". She snapped jabbing into his chest. He slightly grimaced at her loud tone and menacing glare rested on her face.

"Calm down please, you know that stressing is not good for the baby". He calmly voiced.

"Don't you dare try to use your child to try and soothed me into agreeing!". Cheyenne scoffed, looking to the side as she grew furious by the minute. 

"Chey..." He grabbed her hands and squeezed them and he made her turn to look at him causing her to mug him and scowl at him. The way he stared at her made her slightly calm down.

The room was silent as they let the tense air clear and Cheyenne making a decision on what she should do.

"Who is she and what relations does she have with you?". She decided to ask instead. Their eyes bounced off each other in such a attentive manner. Everything else disappeared around them, even the tense air became lighter.

"My ex-girlfriend".

"Is she not dead? I remember your grandmother telling me that she was?" She asked with her brow raised

"Apparently not".  He grumbled.

"So you brought a ghost to my house?"

"What?" Donovan chuckled, shaking his head, which made her slightly smile even though she didn't want to. It was his chuckle that she found attractive and the way he was holding to her hand. Firm but full of love.

" I am saying, I told she was dead"

"It is complicated"

"Are you going to tell me what happened?". She batted her eyelashes as she peered up at his tall figure, towering over her.

"Do you really want to know?". With his head tilted to the side, he kept his gaze on her being careful not to miss any reaction from her. He lowkey loved staring at her face. It was flawless in his eyes, from her toffee colored skin, to her slant brown eyes. Her nose had a small ring pierced that was glistening in the light. Her lips were  thick, wide  and brown-ish with a hint of pink moisturized with Vaseline. Her glasses were off today, so he saw every part of her.

She eagerly nodded her head. The least he could do was let her know what kind of woman she will be living with.

"Apparently, she was abducted by the Russians, a rival family of ours. They were able to wipe out her memory, instilled a new memory chip in her, however she was still able to remember me. She claims that they are controlling her. She is being used by them and her husband".

"That is sad but why do you feel the need to help her? Why you, Donovan? Do you even trust her?". Cheyenne questioned. She wasn't trusting Stella one bit

"I don't know...". He trailed off, "I feel it is my duty to protect her. I didn't get to the first time and now it feels like a second chance to right my wrongs". He shrugged which let the woman standing before him see his vulnerability.

"Look I understand how you feel Donovan, trust me I do. I would do anything to go back in time and save my mother however let say that it will come a time when both of us are in need of saving, who are you saving first?". She asked him, looking in his eyes. She could see all the battles he was trying to take on.

"You...". He replied.

"You don't sound too sure to me. After all, all I am to you is the mother of your child, nothing more. You owe me nothing ". She spoke, not the slightest hurt. She just hoped it didn't come to that point for him to choose between Stella and herself

"Cheyenne don't say that. You mean more than you know". A deep frown graced his face. His hands found their way to her own and intertwined them, making their moment more intimate than it was.

"I am not hurt about it", She carelessly shrugged, "We have been in here for too long, yeah? Let's go welcome my guest". She softly smiled, removing her hands from his grasp. She gently gave him a pat on the shoulder and walked out.

Feeling heavy from their conversation, Donovan walked out right after. He heard a little voice speaking and Cheyenne.

"What is your name baby boy?". She questioned, her tone sweet and sincere. It was the little things that he admired about her. Her character was what he looked for in a woman.

Sweet, gentle, a little bit of fierceness and more importantly, sincere. Her aura was everything to him.

"Aden!".

"That is a beautiful name Aden, how old are you?". She asked once more. Aden was a beautiful biracial baby. He has golden curly hair with very light brown eyes. Chienne couldn't wait to meet her baby after seeing the toddler.

"I tree". Aden replied, holding out three fingers.

"Oh wow such a big boy". She gently touched his leg with a grin  and then stood up straight and that was only when Stella noticed her bump.

"Oh you are expecting. I didn't see that. Congratulations". She softly smiled however her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Thank you". Cheyenne responded, gently caressing her belly. She was five months now and still no gender.

She wanted it to be a surprise but then again she was eager to know so she can order more stuff.

"Is the father present?". Stella blurted out unexpectedly. Which caught Cheyenne off guard.

She caught eyes with Donovan who, too, awaited her answer as he stood in the back.

"Yes he is but you don't have to worry about that. Let's get you settled in, okay". She quickly dismissed the conversation. She didn't want Stella in her business at all.

She led the way as Stella and Aden followed by behind. She pushed the door open to the second room she was   planning on turning it into the baby's room. However she was planning on getting a bigger place anyways.

"I know it is not in the best state at the moment but please make yourself at home".

The room was clean, with a queen sized bed in the middle of the room alongside two nightstands on either side. There was a closet in the far left corner and boxes  filled with all the baby stuff she had ordered.

"It is perfect ". Stella stated as Aden walked around the room.

"That door leads to your own bathroom. So you have privacy ". Cheyenne told her making nod.

"And sheets and covers all in the closet too". She informed her once more as she watched Stella take a seat on the edge of the bed.

Donovan walked in with bags a few minutes later. He noticed all the boxes in the room.

"Damn how much stuff did you order?". His brows were furrowed as he eyed everything.

"Not enough". She sassed.

"Now where is all of this going to go now?". He pointed towards the mess in the room.

"I will just put it all in storage". She stated.

"Get Angelo to help you". He mentioned.

"Okay".

Putting his attention on Stella, he found her watching them. She averted her eyes down to her lap.

"Let me get your keys and phone . All electronics need to be with me too. Donovan spoke making her stand to her feet and do as instructed.

"Now no one can on know where you are and I mean it. If you think of putting her life in danger", he pointed towards Cheyenne, " I will personally kill you myself".

His voice cold and void of emotion, he threatened her which made the two woman gasp.

"Donovan don't say that".  Cheyenne scold him, lightly hitting his shoulder.

"I am serious. Do not think about crossing that line of betraying me, understood?". She frantically nodded her head, swallowing her saliva that gathered in her mouth.

"I am glad we are on the same page". With that he walked away after being given all he asked for.

Cheyenne shortly followed behind.

"I am leaving now but I will back in the morning ". He informed her, as he stood by the door ready to leave and handle business.

"Okay". She heavily sighed as a sad look graced her face. She didn't want him to go.

"I will be back, I promise". He held out his pinky finger which made her smile.

"Pinky promise". She latched her picky into his and kissed the back of her hand while he did the same while their gaze was fixated on each other.

"Promise". With that, he placed a fat ass peck on her forehead and walked out like nothing happened.

꧁꧂

thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 353 18
A series of one shot stories Some have actually happened! Request can be requested! I don't own any pictures or videos!
51.5K 1.7K 35
thinking no one could ever break down those walls. is she willing to let him in when 𝒉𝒆 comes along?....or will her stubbornness prevent him? ||ON...
2.1M 99K 31
π™π™π™š π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™€π™£π™š. π™π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™₯π™‘π™–π™˜π™š, π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™©π™žπ™’π™š.
808K 38.4K 66
Definitely wouldnt read, buttttttt .... Together they navigate through the treacherous shadows of love. -Liloandrice