The Girls Are All Grown Up

By NoelW16

The PowerPuff Girls were the undefeated heroes of the City of Townsville, the sisters had many foes and chall... More

Copyright
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Note
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
ANNOUNCEMENT
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Note
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Dedicated: To you
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Note
NeW note
Other Stories + Coffee Rambles
Update Note

Ch. 38

553 12 4
By NoelW16

Bear with me while I blow up your notifications with updates.

Sorry I didn't respond to comments sooner, it's been a bit of adjustment for me still getting back on here and getting the chapters ready and finished.

While you guys read and enjoy, I've got some comments and messages to respond too!

Hope you enjoy <3

I missed you guys so much and can't thank you enough for all your kindness and standing by me while I tried to pick my pieces back up.

This is all thanks to you guys 

:)

*****

Dracy spoke with a mostly blank face, only cracking once to glance at her ex-friend. ''I met Scarlet on the streets when I was on a business trip and she was on the run.'' She gave a theatrical sigh, studying her nails, ''Long story short, we became friends and she stayed with my group for almost a year.''

She paused to blow a bubble from her gum, making Brick's eye twitch again.

''So...you two were like partners in crime?" He asked in disbelief, glancing back and forth between the two.

Blossom opened her mouth but then closed it.

 Dracy's eyes cut to her in a sharp glance before responding, ''In a way, I guess. But Scarlet- or whatever you want to call her- has a strong moral code she doesn't like to break.''

She popped another bubble before adding, ''Until she shot me that is.''

Blossom exhaled sharply, ''Brick, Dracy was a friend that helped me out and I helped out a few times as well, and by helping I mean that I did sometimes have to help with... illegal matters. And the getting shot part was unintentional.''

''Still a bullet wound, Scarlet!"

''Oh, would you just let it go already! You were fine-- it was barely a scratch!!"

''How would you like a little scratch right now?!"

''Bring it!''

Brick looked back and forth between the two in disbelief, just what the hell was happening here?

''Ladies!!'' He interrupted before the cat fight could start, which he knew without a doubt his feral redhead would win. No contest.

If there was one thing he knew about this new grown up Blossom he was getting used too, it was that she wouldn't go down without fighting and getting dirty if she had to. She might blame herself and think herself a coward, but he'd never seen someone stronger than the Puffs as they were now.

Having gone through hell without each other, but for each other still, they were stronger than they'd ever been as the supposed untouchable child superheroes in his eyes.

''We have a tight schedule, could we get this going now?" Brick crossed his arms, ''Buttercup can't hold on forever.''

Blossom flinched at her sister's name, but turned away at the last second.

Dracy titled her head at him, ''I don't care who this 'Buttercup' is, but I do know that Scarlet wouldn't have come back here if there was no other option.'' She gave Blossom a pointed look.

Blossom rubbed her temples as if agitated, ''I know that it doesn't make sense right now, but it's... a large puzzle and some pieces can't fit until others are seen. Okay?"

Dracy looked completely serious and a little concerned as she took in her friend. She nodded her head slowly, ''Alright.''

''So about when you last saw me--''

The moment Dracy cocked her head and opened her mouth, Brick knew another fight was about to fight. 

He sighed and wondered if his brothers were doing any better with their girls.

**********

When Bubbles had slammed into the stranger full force-- knocking them both to the ground-- it had wasted time she didn't have. Every warning and concern had left her head the moment she saw his face though.

Boomer, she'd swallowed thickly. What was he doing here?

It was a pointless question, but she really hoped he hadn't followed her some how. That he was still back at his home, safe with his brothers.

Glancing behind her, she made a quick decision and snatched her old rival's hand-- yanking him off the ground and starting to run.

''Bubb- Lily, what--'' Boomer struggled to ask her as she led him through alleyways, side streets, and all over as if the devil himself were chasing them.

She swore she'd try to tell him the truth if they could just get far enough away...

Not too much later they were able to sit and talk, and she could breath again.

God, it had been so long since she felt like she could really rest for even a moment. But as she sat there across from Boomer and argued with him... she felt safe for the first time in so so long. Something she never expected to find again honestly.

But she knew Boomer.

She knew he would throw himself in front of anything that threatened her, he would go down fighting because he'd always cared about her long before she'd left her life behind-- and him.

It made her feel worse if possible and all the more afraid for him. He'd found her, her Boomer had found her.

After so many years without him she honestly wasn't sure how she'd managed to get on the plane and run away. How she'd managed to leave him behind all over again.

But she had.

She'd chosen her sisters and her cowardice self all over again.

And yet... he'd still come. He was here now, in front of her.

As they talked she was hit with the blaring obstacle she'd forgotten: the rules.

She wasn't able to truly be truthful about everything to Boomer without breaking them, which was impossible because of how bound she and her sisters were. So she tried to have him guess and put it together but it still wasn't quite working well...

''Where are we going now?" Boomer asked her as she dragged him inside a small bookshop two blocks further down on the street.

''I think I have a idea of how to tell you everything around the rules,'' she answered. ''Or at least most of it.''

''Well finally,'' Boomer sighed in relief before retorting, ''I've only waited several years, Bubbles. Definitely no rush here.''

His deadpan expression said differently.

She huffed at him.

*****************

Blossom wasn't proud of every moment in her life. Considering the goody-two-shoes she used to be and all the goals she'd set for herself at a young age, it was hard to admit.

It was true, she had befriended a smaller more local version of the mob and had helped them at times to put food in her stomach. She wasn't proud of it. But she'd done it.

Dracy hadn't been a best friend, but she'd been the closest thing to it in the past few years for Blossom. And yet she was still whining about the bullet wound that was well over a year old. Blossom wasn't whining about the knife wound she'd received, so it was getting on her nerves at this point.

The more they bickered the more exasperated she felt.

One glance at Brick told her he was absolutely confounded about everything. 

''I didn't come here to argue with you about this Dracy,'' she finally sighed, calling as much of a truce as possible given the situation. ''I'm calling in the favor you promised for bailing you out of that ten year sentence.''

''The what now?" Brick interjected.

Dracy crossed her arms, eyeing her up for a few seconds. ''Rude to bring that up after skipping out for so long, but what's the favor?"

''There's rules I have to follow to do with a situation I've been in since I twelve, so I NEED you to tell Brick here, everything about the last night you saw me.''

Dracy's arms dropped to her side as she stared at her. She didn't know why, but she could tell enough about the situation to realize just how important this was.

''Uncovering the past a bit late aren't you girly?" She muttered, not finding her voice just yet.

''It's never too late for the ones that count,'' the red-haired ex-superhero said weakly, reaching out to grab Brick's hand to hold through the next moments she knew were coming.

''Alright, but I need some tequila for this shit Scarlet so I'll give you two a few minutes before I start spilling my guts,'' Dracy said.

''I expect nothing less,'' Blossom almost wanted to laugh about Dracy's unchanging ways that she'd honestly missed just a little.

*************

Dun dun dun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 300 14
The original story was called "Animals" on my old account. As promised, I'm rewriting it. The plot is different than what my 11 year old mind came up...
3.4K 44 21
This story is my idea for a sequel to the original Powerpuff Girls cartoon show. It tells the story of the Rowdyruff Boys and the Powerpuff Girls fig...
273K 7K 38
[𝐏𝐏𝐆 𝐱 𝐑𝐑𝐁 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲] The Powerpuff Girls are heading off to college, but what happens when they are roommates with The Rowdyruff Boys? Will...
127K 2.3K 33
The Rowdyruff Boys disappear without a trace 5 years ago, how will the Powerpuff girls react when they come back but different?