End Game 》Avatar Korra

By CancerDaria

When Aiya Sato, daughter of famous industrialist Hiroshi Sato, meets Avatar Korra, she isn't impressed. Wheth... More

Book 1 : Chapter 1
Book 1 : Chapter 2
Book 1 : Chapter 4
Book 1 : Chapter 5
Book 1 : Chapter 6
Book 1 : Chapter 7
Book 1 : Chapter 8
Book 1 : Chapter 9

Book 1 : Chapter 3

262 9 5
By CancerDaria

Korra

I jumped up into the air from happiness after I knocked out the opposing team in the semifinals.

I waved at the audience with a wide smile on my face.

Afterwards, I walked back to the locker room where Mako and Bolin were waiting for me.

"That was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen!" Bolin exclaimed.

"Thanks for not giving up on us. We never would've made it this far without you. I owe you big time," Mako said.

"You're welcome. So . . . I know things are confusing right now, but I hope we can still be friends," I said, feeling nervous.

"Definitely," Mako replied, making me smile.

The door to the room suddenly opened and Tahno along with his teammates stepped inside.

"You boys smell something in here? Wait, I know what that is. Yeah, that's the scent of losers," He said, holding his knows.

"I hope we see you in the finals. Then we'll see who the losers really are," I said, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, I'm peeing my pants over here," Tahno said before walking onto the ring with his teammates.

"And now, the defending champs, the White Falls Wolf Bats!" The commentator shouted.

I clenched my fists in anger before turning back around.

I then spotted Asami and Aiya walk inside and Asami flung herself into Mako's arms.

"Great job, guys! What a comeback, Korra," She said, looking at me.

"I hate to agree, but you played really well. I've never seen a hat trick like that," Aiya told me.

I blinked twice. Did she just give me a back-handed compliment? Eh, atleast it was a compliment.

"Thanks, but if it hadn't been for you and your father, we wouldn't have had the chance to play. So thank you," I told her.

It was her turn to be surprised and she simply stared at me.

"Uh, no problem," She replied.

"If everyone's done with the little thank you party, need some medical attention over here," Bolin said.

"Ooh, let me help." I walked over to him and touched his shoulder to feel the damage.

He let out a scream.

"Haven't you hurt me enough, woman?!" He yelled.

"Relax, I'm a healer. I learned from Katara, the best there is," I told him.

He resisted as I bent some water around his arm before finally calming down.

"That's the stuff," He said.

"Bolin, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't meant to let things get so out of hand."

"I'll be alright. But we had fun together, didn't we?" Bolin asked.

"I had a great time, honestly. You are one of a kind, Bolin," I said as I finished healing him.

"Please, go on. I enjoy praise," Bolin said, making me roll my eyes.

"And your winners are the Wolf Bats!" We heard the commentator announce.

We all turned to look at the ring.

"What? How is it over already?" I questioned, running over to the balcony.

"They play dirty," I heard Aiya say. I turned to look at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"They pay off the referee so they can use techniques that are forbidden in probending, such as using ice. That's how they win their every match," She explained.

"And how do you know this?" Mako asked her.

"I'm dating one of the player's sister. I overheard her talking to her brother about it," Aiya said, shrugging.

I blinked twice. I didn't know why but I was slightly surprised that she was dating someone.

"Is that the girl you were talking to at the restaurant the other day?" Bolin asked her.

Aiya nodded.

"You're still with her?" Asami asked, her mouth dropping open.

"Asami, I know you don't like her, but she's a perfectly nice girl," Aiya defended.

"But she—" Asami began but Aiya cut her short.

"Asami, just stay out of it," Aiya said before turning around and leaving.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

After finishing our first round of practice the next morning, Mako, Bolin and I sat down for a break.

Bolin turned up the radio so we could hear the news better.

"You are listening to the music hour, brought to you by Cabbage Corp. Republic City's trusted name in technology for over fifty years," The voice on the radio said.

"Man, I got a good feeling about tonight! I don't care if we are the underdogs, we can take those pompous Wolf Bats," I said.

"It's going to be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right," Mako  agreed.

"Introducing your new champs, the fantastic Fire Ferrets!" Bolin said, imitating the commentator.

The radio suddenly began to glitch and a new deeper voice spoke.

"Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon. I hope you all enjoyed last night's probending match, because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshipping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals or else . . . there will be severe consequences," Amon said.

I felt anger bubbling inside of me at his words.

"That guy's got some nerve!" Bolin spoke.

"You think the council will give in?" Mako asked me.

"I'm not waiting to find out. We need to get to City Hall."

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

I pushed the door open and the three of us walked into the building.

"Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting," Tenzin said.

"As the Avatar, and a pro bending player, I have a right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals," I told him.

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you, but as far as I'm concerned we need to shut the arena down," Tenzin said.

"What about the rest of you? Tarrlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?" I questioned, putting my hands on my hips.

"Actually, Tenzin and I agree, for once," Tarrlok told me, standing up from his chair around the council table.

"The council is unanimous— we're closing the arena," Tenzin said, remaining adamant.

"No! You can't!" Bolin argued.

"I don't understand. I thought you of all people would take a stand against Amon," I said, looking at Tarrlok.

"While I am still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice, I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game."

"Probending might only be a game to you, but think of what it means to the city. Right now the arena is the one place where benders and non-benders gather together in peace to watch benders—" Mako said.

"—Beat eachother up in peace! It's an inspiration to everyone!" Bolin added.

"I appreciate your naive idealism, but you're ignoring the reality of the situation," Tarrlok said.

"The reality is, if you close the arena, you let Amon win," I told him.

Bolin and Mako nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry, but our decision has been made. This meeting is adjourned,"

Tarrlok lifted the wooden gavel into the air, but as he was about to hit the table with it, a metal cable sliced through the gavel.

Tarrlok gasped and we all turned around to see the Chief of Police, Lin Beifong, behind us.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the Avatar," Lin said, making my eyes widen.

"You do?" Tarrlok asked.

"Yeah, you do?" I repeated, surprised.

"I expected this kind of cut and run response from Tenzin, but the rest of you? Come on, show a little more backbone. It's time that the benders of this city displayed some strength and unity against these Equalists," Chief Beifong said.

"We must prevent this conflict between benders and non-benders from escalating into all-out war. The council is not changing its position, Lin," Tenzin replied.

"Now, just a moment, Tenzin. Let us hear what our esteemed Chief of Police has in mind." Tarrlok's words gave me hope that the arena would stay open.

"If you keep the arena open, my metalbenders and I will provide extra security during the championship match. There's no better force to deal with the chi-blockers. Our armour is impervious to their attacks," Lin told the council members.

"Are you saying that you will personally take responsibility for the safety of the spectators in the arena?" Tarrlok asked.

"I guarantee it," Lin answered without hesitation.

"It is hard to argue with Chief Beifong's track record. If she is confident her elite officers can protect the arena, then she has my support. I am changing my vote. Who else is with me?" Tarrlok looked over at the other council members and they all raised their into the air.

Tenzin, on the other hand, shook his head with a sigh.

"The arena stays open. Good luck in the finals and good luck to you, Chief Beifong," Tarrlok told us.

Bolin, Mako and I hugged and out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Lin and Tenzin walk out into the corridor together.

I followed them out to thank Lin for standing up for me.

"Excuse me, Chief Beifong. I wanted to thank you for your help. It really means . . . a lot," My voice trailed off as she ignored me and walked away.

"What is her deal? Even when she's on my side she's against me!" I said.

"I've known Lin since we were children. She's always been . . . challenging," Tenzin told me.

"What did your father do to make her hate the Avatar so much?" I asked him.

"My father and Lin got along famously. I'm afraid her issues are with me." Tenzin looked away.

My eyes widened with realisation.

"Wait a second. It all makes sense now! You and Beifong, Beifong and you, you two were a couple!" I exclaimed.

Tenzin nearly fell backwards from shock.

"What? How? Where'd you get that idea from?" He demanded.

"Ha! Your wife," I said, putting a hand on my hip with a smirk.

"Criminy! I'll have to have a word with her."

"So, Pema stole you from Beifong? I'm surprised our esteemed Chief of Police didn't throw her in jail," I said.

"Oh, she tried. Anyway, Pema didn't steal me. Lin and I had been growing apart for some time. We both had different goals in life . . . why am I even telling you this?! It all happened a long time ago, and we've moved passed it," Tenzin told me.

"Apparently Beifong hasn't."

"What do you . . . ? Of course she has. Anyway, this is none of your business!" Tenzin spun around and began to walk away.

"See you at home, Mister Heartbreaker!" I called out after him.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

"Now I know there's a big crowd, but don't be nervous. You're gonna do great. I believe in you," Bolin said to Pabu before we walked into the ring.

"Introducing the challengers, the Future Industries Fire Ferrets!" The commentator shouted as we waved at our fans.

I noticed Asami blowing a kiss at Mako from her seat next to her dad and I rolled my eyes in disgust. However, I was surprised when I didn't see Aiya sitting next to Asami. Her chair was empty.

I then turned back to my team and I watched as Pabu performed the tricks Bolin had taught him.

"Yes! Nailed it! He's so talented," Bolin exclaimed proudly.

"And their opponents— the three-time defending champions, the White Falls Wolf Bats!" The commentator called out.

Tahno and his teammates appeared wearing bat costumes and I raised an eyebrow at the fireworks.

"I'm gonna knock Tahno's stupid hair off his stupid head," I said, hitting my fists together.

I got into my fighting stance and the bell rang. My eyes widened as Tahno ran forward and aimed at my head.

He sent a blast of water my way and I fell back into zone two.

Mako soon followed and the two of us watched as Bolin knocked one of the other players onto the ground with his earthbending.

"Nice shot!" Mako complimented, earning a smile from Bolin.

Tahno's eyes averted from me to Bolin. He then knocked Bolin into zone three, letting his team advance forward.

"What's the big idea, ref? That was a hosing foul!" Mako yelled at the referee who shook his head.

The earthbender from the Wolf Bats then bent one of the disks behind Bolin, tripping him to the ground.

Tahno then froze some water under Bolin, making him slide backwards and into the water below. His firebending teammate quickly melted the ice to hide the proof of the illegal move.

I saw Mako get knocked into zone three and my eyes went wide as all three of the benders knocked me backwards as well.

Mako ran in front of me and the other team used this opportunity to knock us out into the water below.

However, I grabbed onto the edge of the ring and held Mako with my other free hand.

I swung him forward and back onto the ring.

I couldn't hold on any longer and I let go, falling into the water.

"And the Fire Ferrets live to play round two!" The commentator shouted out, making me smile.

Bolin and I returned to the ring and the three of us huddled together in a circle.

"Aiya was right, the refs are getting paid," Mako said.

"If the Wolf Bats are going to fight dirty, then so should we," I said.

"No, we can't. The refs have it out for us. If we're going to win this thing, it has to be fair and square," Mako told me.

"Ugh, that's no fun, but all right." I sighed before we got back into our positions.

"Round two!" The commentator shouted and the bell rang.

I waterbent at Tahno but he dodged it. I was about to send another hit at him but I felt something holding me back. I looked down and saw ice under my feet.

Before I could react, I was knocked backwards into zone three.

Bolin managed to knock the earthbender into zone two and Tahno into zone three. However, Mako wasn't as lucky.

He was getting hit with illegal headshots, and was quickly knocked into zone two.

"Round two will be decided with a tiebreaker!" The commentator announced.

We all walked up to the referee who threw a coin into the air.

"The Fire Ferrets win the coin toss! Which element do you choose?" The referee asked us.

"I'm taking this one. Let's go. You and me, pretty boy!" I walked to the platform.

Tahno smirked at me.

"I thought you'd never ask," Tahno said.

The platform rose and I got into my fighting stance.

"Come on, little girl. Give me your best shot," Tahno said.

I waterbent next his head to distract him before blasting his helmet off his head.

He fell backwards and I smirked while crossing my arms.

"Round two goes to the Fire Ferrets!" The commentator exclaimed.

"That's the stuff. You are my hero!" Bolin said, hugging me.

"We might actually win this thing," Mako said.

We got back into our positions and Tahno glared at me.

"Round three!"

Tahno waterbent at me but I dodged it with a flip. I waterbent back at him but he easily blocked me.

Suddenly, a mix of earth and water  hit my face and I got knocked into the water.

I swam up to the surface, and to my disappointment, Bolin and Mako were in the water with me.

"Knockout! The Wolf Bats are the tournament champions for the fourth time in a row!"

I then heard crackling from above and I looked up to see bolts of electricity lighting the arena.

"What?" I mumbled, confused.

I turned back around and let out a gasp when an Equalist pulled out two electrified kali sticks.

I was about to waterbend at him when I felt a bolt of electricity electrocute my body.

I let out a scream and then I saw darkness.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

Aiya

I watched in horror as metalbenders dropped to the ground. What was going on?

I got out of my seat and began to make my way to the exit when I saw a masked girl making her way over to me.

She had some sort of odd glove in her hand and it was crackling with electricity.

She looked at me and my eyes widened. I could recognise that look anywhere.

"Mei?"

"Hello, Aiya," She said, walking closer to me.

I walked backwards and felt my back hit the wall.

"Mei, what are you doing? You told you aren't a part of this anymore? You said you changed," I said.

"I have changed," She told me. Mei reached her gloved hand forward and I quickly moved away to dodge her.

Before she could try anything else, I grabbed her arm and swung her against the wall.

I held two of my fingers close to her neck and a small flame threatened to burn her.

"Tell me why you're doing this and I'll let you go," I demanded.

"You benders are all the same. You cause havoc everywhere you go. That's why you need to get your bending taken away by Amon," She said.

I then felt her body move under mine and I used the opportunity to smash her head into the wall, knocking her out.

I sighed as I looked at her before bending down to pick up the glove.

I put it onto my hand and began to run towards the exit. As I was about to leave, I spotted Bolin, Mako and Korra tied up to a pole underneath the ring.

I looked at the entrance and then at them before shaking my head.

I ran to the egde of the arena closest to where the ring was and jumped into the water, making sure that none of the equalists saw me. I swam to the concrete ground underneath the ring where Bolin, Mako and Korra where tied up.

"I believe I have your attention, benders of Republic City. So once again the Wolf Bats are your pro bending champions. It seems fitting that you celebrate three bullies who cheated their way to victory because everyday you threaten and abuse your fellow non-bending citizens, just like the Wolf Bats did to their opponents tonight," I heard Amon's voice throughout the arena.

"Those men were supposedly the best in the bending world and yet it only took a few moments for me to cleanse them of their impurity. Let this be a warning to all of you benders out there. If any of you stand in my way, you will meet the same fate," Amon said, making shivers run down my spine.

"Now, to my followers. For years, the Equalists have been forced to hide in the shadows. But now, we have the numbers and the strength to create a new Republic City," He said.

I ignored his next words and instead focused on the reason I was here.

I ran up to the pole where Bolin, Mako and Korra were tied up.

They were still knocked out and I began to shake Bolin and Mako. When they stayed asleep, I decided to try my luck with Korra.

I began to shake her but nothing happened. I sighed before lifting my palm into the air.

"I hope she doesn't go all Avatar State on me after this," I whispered to myself before delivering a smack to her face.

Her eyes and she looked up at me.

"Did you just slap me, Sato?" She asked, frowning.

"Yeah, because there was no other way to wake you up. Your best buddies over here are asleep and I'm trying to save you, so be grateful, Avatar" I said.

She then look at my hand and her eyes narrowed.

"Why do you have an electrified glove? Are you part of the Equalists?" She asked, her voice demanding.

"Are you crazy? Why would I be an Equalist? I'm a firebender so I don't think Amon will be letting me into his little club anytime soon," I said.

"Prove it."

"You have some serious trust issues, don't you?" I muttered. I took the glove off and threw it away from us.

I then lifted my hand to the rope and began to burn through it. Korra watched my every move like a hawk until the fire burned through the rest of the rope.

Korra stood up, but an explosion above us made the ground shake and she fell onto me.

I pushed her off and she rolled her eyes at me.

She jumped back up and ran onto the water, freezing it into ice beneath her feet.

"I'm going after Amon. Stay with Bolin and Mako until they wake up," Korra told me.

She created a whirl of water around herself and I ran out onto the ice she created to see what was happening.

Her whirl of water wasn't strong enough and I watch as she began to fall. My eyes widened but I then spotted the Chief of Police, Lin Beifong, use her metal ropes to swing Korra and herself out of the arena and towards Amon's airship.

I let out a sigh of relief before walking back to Bolin and Mako who were waking up.

I didn't like Korra, but I didn't want her to fall to her death. That would've been embarrassing.

"Aiya, what are you doing here?" Bolin asked me.

"Saving you. How did you sleep? Did you have any good dreams?"

"Where's Korra?" Mako asked me.

"Going after Amon," I replied. We then heard a scream and the three of us ran out onto the ice to see Korra falling at a quick speed.

I guess I spoke too soon.

However, Chief Beifong once again caught her and the two of them jumped down onto the side of the arena.

Mako, Bolin and I climbed out of the water and we ran over to Korra and Chief Beifong.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Mako said, hugging Korra.

"Me too," Bolin said.

"I'm not saying anything I don't mean," I told her, shrugging.

Korra rolled her eyes at me before looking back at her friends.

"I can't believe Amon did this. I played right into his hands," Chief Beifong said.

"He played us all. Republic City is at war."

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

A/N

The next chapters will become more interesting and we will see more of Aiya since she hasn't had many appearances yet.

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and thank you for reading.

~Daria <3

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated.

06/03/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
8.1K 387 12
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...
22.9K 517 14
170 AG the year of change for two friends. It is finally time for the Avatar, Master of all four elements, to learn airbending. But before she can l...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...