Wishlist (Nigerian celebritie...

By adewumiayomide22

This is a book on imaginations featuring different celebrities mainly Nigerian or African celebrities. More

Before We Start
WIZKID
REMA II
WIZKID I
WIZKID II
WIZKID - PRANK CALL
REMA - ANNIVERSARY SAGA

REMA I

241 9 7
By adewumiayomide22

Main character - Zara
Cousin - Michael
Friends - blaqbonez, crayon, fireboy, Sandra

Lagos.
Nigeria.

"What the fuck do you want Michael!!!?"

Boring jobless Wednesday evening, alone in my sanctuary as usual doing absolutely nothing. After two jumbo wrap of blunt I planned to sleep myself to possible death when my phone started ringing crazily. On first instinct I knew it was Michael,the only person who would keep calling till rapture.

"Zara?" Another voice spoke on the phone this time, I check the caller id to be sure I wasn't imagining things. Did Michael change his number?

"This is her? Who is this?"
"Fireboy"
Fireboy? From? Ohhhh "oh hi! Sorry to ask why are you calling with Michael phone?" Did something happen to Michael?? "Is he okay?"

"Yes he's good actually I wanted to talk to you"
"Okay? About?"
"So I'm celebrating my birthday today and I was hoping you'll come. I asked London to tell you but I guess he forgot or something"

He didn't forget in fact Michael kept telling me about it and I intentionally chose to forget.

"Hello Zara? Are you there?"
"Yeah, um I..."
"Listen it's no pressure but I'll really appreciate it" Damola aka fireboy tells me. I sigh, "okay fine. What time?"

"It already started but whenever you choose to come will be fine, I'll text you my address okay?"

"Alright"

I threw the phone back on the bed and sank on it tired. I should skip and call in sick? Yeah right after you said alright? My phone pings.

Club Quilox, lekki toll gate, thank you in advance.

I had no choice now, I threw the duvet back and stood up, I entered the bathroom, did my routine. I decided to dress up like really dress up, so I chose a fashion nova alter neck orange armless top, black shein skirt tied on one side revealing my left thick and black boots. I chose to do a full minimal makeup look this time, I shove everything I might need inside a black colored Zara handbag.

My car refused to start! Of all days it refused to start today? I was pissed! I should call Michael? But to put myself in the mercy of Michael was like going to war with no plans! I hit my palm against the steering annoyed at myself for not refueling.

I'm running late!

I quickly went on the Uber app and booked a ride. While the Uber was on its way I rolled another blunt, I was on second drag when the Uber arrived. I gave the driver the location, he drove me there blasting Wizkid from the radio.

"Thank you very much" I thank the driver, the man wave back and drove off. I stood in front of the very busy club, I tried calling Michael but kept getting his voicemails. If I was the one he will threaten to report to my mom.

Finally London answers his phone.
"Zara!"
"Donkey head!! Why weren't you answering!!" I yelled over the loud music.
He mumbled rubbish then a loud "where are you?"
"I'm by the entrance!" I yell back
"Come to the backstage, I'll meet you there" he say then hung up.

Ignoring the hungry looks some men threw my way I made my way backstage.

Someone grip my shoulder, I turn ready to Jackie Chan the person. London beams at me. "Zara!"
I roll my eyes, "took you long enough?" A smile crept on my face. Michael grab my hands and led me towards where the rest was.

The smell of weed, alcohol, sweaty bodies and loud music from the overhead speakers hit me as we stepped into the club. Typical celebrity party. People were scattered about in expensive designers. Some stripper swung from few poles, a huge banner with the sign 'Happy birthday Fireboy DML' hung from above.

We reach the guys section, the birthday boy was dripped in Louis Vuitton from head to toe, he smile immediately he saw me. "Hey!"
"Hi, happy birthday" we side hug. "Here" I gave him a Lacoste gift box.
"Thank you Zara, you look nice" Damola hug me again.

I turn to the rest, I threw them a small smile. "Hi"
"Haffa?"
"Welcome"
"You look good"

"Zara!" Sandra bears at me. I smile at her, "hey?" We hug happily. She wore a pink dress, her box knotless braids flowed to her waist.

"I didn't know you were coming" she told me. We sat beside each other.
"Damola invited me like three hours ago"
"I thought London already invited you? That boy" she shook her head.

The section we were in seemed to be the main, It crowded with the music industry finest musicians. Beside the cabana sat some slay queens with full pound makeups, the tightest dress ever, they smoked off hookah and drank Azul.

"Here" London gave me a cup, I sniff the liquid and frown at him. "I'm not drinking London I didn't drive here so I have to Uber back home" I gave the cup back to him.

Sandra raise her brow, "You didn't drive here? Why?"

I shrug, "I forgot to refuel"

London shook his head. "You're too lazy, what if something happened to you on your way here?"

I roll my eyes as Rema fine face came in view. I swore he looked me up and down and licked his lips before he smiled at me. Sandra smiles beside me.

"You look amazing!" He greets with a smirk.

I resist rolling my eyes, "Thank you. You don't look bad yourself" where did Michael and Sandra disappear to?

Rema look down at his outfit, "I try my best. You're not drinking?"

"Not really"
"Why?"
"Well i might have to Uber my way back home so I can't afford to be drunk if I plan not to be kidnapped" I told him.
Rema threw his head back, "God! Who will want to kidnap you in Lagos? Drink up pretty, when its time for you to go home we'll sort it out" he wink at me.

I smile, raise the cup to my lips and drank a large gulp. The liquor burnt my throat, I cough.
"Easy love" Rema hand slowly brush my curls from my face.
My face flush, "Thank you"
He smile again. "You're pretty Zara, very pretty" I look up to him staring down at me intently. At that moment it seemed like we were the only ones in the club. Our faces started to lean in.....

"Rema!!" Crayon grab his shoulders, "we're needed on stage it's time to sing the happy birthday"
"Oh yeah!" Rema roll his eyes at him then smile at me, "aren't you coming?"
"Oh no I..."
"Come on Zara, you're also a friend"Crayon say
"I'm not sure"
Rema roll his eyes, he grab my hand and pulled me towards the stage.

"Hey!" Damola smile at me, he drape his arms around my neck. "Thank you for coming Zara"
I smile, "you're welcome"

Sandra stood beside me also, "Trust me they'll be dead drunk before the night ends!"
I laugh.

"Wahgwaann everyone!!" Rema shouts in the microphone. We all cheered happily. "So y'all know what's going on, it's our OG birthday and we gotta show love for the boy!" More cheering.

"Y'all know we do, we're gonna sing for the birthday boy, everyone ready?!!!"

"Yeahhhhhhh!!!"

"On three 1,2,3!!!"

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Fireboy, happy birthday to you!!!" We all sang for him, Damola laugh while he friends made jest of him. His arm was still around my shoulder. "Alright Dj London fuck it up!!" Rema y'all in microphone.

The crowd went crazy as the beat from Peru came on.

"Omoge no be so..."

Damola turn to me, "you've had anything to drink yet?" He ask.
"Yeah"
"Do you want cake?"
I nod.
"Alright come on" he grab my hand and led back to our cabana. The big cake he cut on stage earlier has been placed on the table. Damola ask a waitress to cut a slice for me, he gave them to me with a fork.

"Thanks"

Damola nod. "You look very pretty tonight Zara, thank you for coming"
I roll my eyes, "that's the millionth time you've said that" I shove cake in my mouth.
Damola laugh, "I'm just really grateful you'll turn up for me, I mean we just met like three weeks ago?"
"It's two weeks"
"Yeah So I'm really grateful"
"You're my friend Damola so it's only right, or ain't we friends?"
"Of course we are! Best friends in fact!" We both laugh.

"Birthday boy you're needed on the stage"it was Sandra, she sat beside me and grab a fork.
"Okay, see you later Zara"he stood up and walk off.

"He's nice" I note gulping my water.
Sandra chew, "Yeah he's the big bro of the group you know"
I smack her legs, "don't talk with your mouth open!"
Sandra glare at me, she grab the bottle of Henny and downed almost half of it. "Are you enjoying yourself?"
I shrug, "yes except those girls who keep staring at me"
"Where?"

"Beside our cabana"
Sandra follow my eyes, she glance at them then smile. "Oh that's Nigeria hottest/biggest influencers"

"They look nice"
"They're trouble! Steer clear of them" she drank more Hennessy, "they must be wondering why you're seated in our cabana"
"Obviously" If I were them ill also wonder who I was if I showed up at one of the popular artist in Nigeria birthday, not only did he hold my shoulder on stage like we're acquaintances they all kept smiling at me.

"Ignore them" Sandra tells me.

"Hey wont you get drunk with the way you're chugging that Hennessy?" I raise a brow at her.
Sandra glance at the Hennessy and shook her head. "Nope! I'm used to Hennessy" she looks up, "look who's coming?"

Michael swagger his way to us. "Hey ladies!" He sits beside his girlfriend.
"Hi baby?"
"Hi"

"Are you ladies enjoying yourself?"he grab the bottle from his girlfriend and drank the rest.
"Yeah"
"Where are your friends?" Sandra ask him
Michael shrug, "I don't know"

"Guy haffa?" Crayon returns a big smile on his face.
"Wetin sup?"
"Omo Blaqbonez don jonze! (Blaqbonez is high!)"Crayon burst into laughter.
"Say God! Omo where he dey? (Where is he?)"
"With Rema and Fireboy" Crayon drench the remaining Hennessy. He stamp the bottle, standing up he helped Michael up. "I'll be back Ladies, don't go anywhere"
I roll my eyes like I'll go anywhere, I watch both of them wobbly their way away.

"I'll be back!" Sandra announce, she stood up and follows them.

Alone I went on Snapchat and made videos, then I went on Instagram to post it. I ate more cake slices, my eyes fixated on Snapchat.

"Hey!"
I look up at Rema smiling at me, I smile back. "Hi"
He sat beside me. "Enjoying the party?"
I look around and nod. "Yeah, the cake is very nice!"
Rema laugh.
"Where's Michael and the rest?"
"Oh backstage, wanna go meet them?"he raise a brow.
"Yeah"
Rema stood up, I drop the plate and sat up, Rema gesture for me to walk in front of him, we exit the club.

The sight that met me backstage annoyed the hell out of me. Michael was drunk! Not tipsy drunk, he was drunk drunk! Sandra was feeding him water from a bottles.

It took my all not to slap the highness out of him.

"Zara!"
"You're drunk?"
Michael pout, "am I?"

I roll my eyes.

Rema face Sandra, "Where's the rest?"
"They're both high except Crayon" she tells us.
I face Michael, "what the fuck! You said you were going to drive me home!" I smack his shoulders.

"Ouch!" Michael whines, he rub the spot with a pout. "You're mean!"
I roll my eyes, ready to hit his head again.

"I'll take you home" Rema inputs before my arm landed on Michael face.
"Huh?"
"Crayon tell the driver make them carry una go house, I'll take Zara home and drive back"he told them.
"Alright" Crayon lead Michael and Sandra to the car. "Bye Zara!" Sandra waves at me, I wave back.

I turn to Rema, "are you sure? You don't have to"
"I told you I'll sort it out right? And besides I want to make sure you're safe" he say
I smile.

"take London key" Crayon gave it to Rema key. "See you later" he smile at me, we fist bump, he turn and walk off.
"Shall we?"
"Yeah sure" I follow him towards Michael's Benz g-class.

Rema ignites the engine and pull out the club, "so where to Princess?"
"Um, Lekki phase one"
"Okay" he revive towards the road.

"I wonder what happens to the cake"I thought out loud
Rema burst into laughter "the servers will probably pack it up, Incase you didn't notice his manager and team were also around"
"I didn't notice"

We fell into silence, I stare at the streetlights, it gave the almost empty highway an orange glow. I remember my first night in Nigeria, Michael took me on a long ride along Lekki-ikoyi bridge, I had so much anger bottled up in me that had to be let out so he drove me around town, I cried to and fro.

"Zara?"

"Huh?" I blink out of my thoughts, "what did you say?"
"I said do you want anything?" He point at cold stone creamery. I didn't know when he parked in front of it.
"Um I don't want to be a bother"
Rema roll his eyes, "if you were a bother I wouldn't have asked. What flavor do you want?"

"Um strawberry"

Rema nod, he step out of the car, I watch him enter the store, I fish through my bag for blunt. I found one as he returns. He gave me a small bag containing my ice cream.

"Thanks"
"Anytime" he pull out of the car park. I notice there was just one cup of ice cream. "You didn't get any for yourself?"
"I'm a musician love, I don't eat ice cream, it fucks with the voice" he glance at me.
"Oh true" I found a lighter, "at least share the blunt with me"
Rema raise a brow, a strange look pass his face. "Stoner huh?"

I shrug, I lit the blunt too a drag exhaling with my nostril.
"Oshey fela!" Rema hails me, I roll my eyes, took another drag, I pass the weed to him. He takes a hit. "Hm backwoods and Canadian loud?"

"I smoke only the best"

Rema laugh, "London will flip if he knows we smoked in his car"
I roll my eyes, "oh please he can't do nothing"
"Are you both really related?"
I inhale smoke, "Yeah, he's my big brother"

Rema nods, "oh y'all look alike a lot though, how come he never mentioned you?"

"I'm very private person"

"Zara? What does it mean anyway?"

"Beauty"

"Make sense, I mean you're a beauty yourself"he winks at me.

"Thank you" I tried to hide the blush. Rema pull the car in front of my gate. He turn off the engine. I peep at my house, not really wanting the night to end.

"Wanna hangout sometime?" Rema ask

"Yeah"

"Cool" he pull out his phone, "give me your number, I'll fix something"

"Okay" I punch my number in, I gave his phone to him, Rema dials my number. My phone rang out. "Save my number I'll call you soon" he say.

"Okay" Rema unlock the car door, "thank you once again" I smile at him.

Rema smile back, "anything for you pretty Zara. I'll call you soon, goodnight."

I wave at him and enter the gate, my heart pounding through my chest like it wanted to explode. I like him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 859 37
The second book where your imagination with your biases will come to life~ [Currently not taking any requests]
66.9K 18.7K 64
❝She was like a perfect paradise, tearing at its seam.❞ To everyone, Chimdi Gentry lived the perfect life with her Celebrity mom, godmother and her m...
26.2K 10.1K 76
Kikiopefoluwa is a smart, outgoing and brilliant girl who had five friends; the ever stupid Bimpe, ever foolish Doyin, ever sappy Khalid, ever jerky...
54.4K 2.1K 39
𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆...