Heartbeat

By Mini_Neji15

A Neurosurgeon and a Pediatric Nurse. What winding road did it take for two opposite souls to meet? . . . To... More

Rubber Ducks and Cookies
Confrontational
Child Guru
Sick Day
Expressionist
Eventful
Doctor
Senju Name

Late Night Dinners and Wine

13 0 0
By Mini_Neji15

//Author's POV//

Izuna sat in Tobirama's dining room table looking down at his lap. Just right across from him was Tobirama in the kitchen cutting up vegetables in silence. The others sat in the living room playing games like truth or dare, and Izuna was not planning on getting exposed anytime soon. Not like he had anything to hide.

Those big doe eyes looked around the house and noticed how it lacked any pictures, decorations or sentimental things of value. This peaked the young nurse's interest as he stood up and walked around. Tobirama took notice of this but chose to ignore it and continue to cook. Izuna ended up in front of one photo out of this whole house in the end of a hallway. It was one that had been faced down. This interest him more, and so he slowly lifted it up, but someone's hand had stopped him midway. Izuna's breath hitched, and he looked up to see none other than Tobirama staring back at him. He wasn't angry but made sure to take the photo from Izuna and putting it in the drawer of the hallway side table.

"Come and help me" was all that Tobirama said before heading back to the kitchen. It confused the Uchiha even more, but he followed right behind Tobirama. Not before slightly looking back at the table and frowning.
.
.
.
.
.
There Izuna stood, watching the water boil in the pot which caused the food in there to move around like swimming fish. A little smile lined his lips and Tobirama took notice.

"Do you want to try it?"

Izuna was taken out of his daze and looked at Tobirama for a second before nodding. What he didn't expect was for Tobirama to grab a spoon, scoop some of the simmering food, and bringing it up to his mouth. Warmth invaded his cheeks as he opened his mouth and tasted the different flavors of the beef stew.

"It's really good" Izuna said as he smiled. Tobirama nodded and turned back around to continue cutting some other ingredients. Izuna slowly scooted closer and watched as Tobirama cut some strawberries. Izuna loved them so his eyes slightly lit up at the sight of them. On cue, Tobirama saw this and handed one over to him. Izuna took it happily and munched on it as he watched Tobirama do his work.

"Do you want to cut this?" Tobirama asked.

Izuna looked at the knife in Tobirama's hand and carefully took the knife from it. The issue was that Izuna never cooked. Madara usually would bring him food, or he would just order out. He however didn't want to look like an idiot, so he tried his best to cut the fruit. A small chuckle however caused him to look over at Tobirama and pout.

"What so funny?" Izuna said.

Tobirama got closer and flipped the knife over to the right way. Izuna's face burned red in embarrassment as he looked down and shakily cut away. Making himself not look like an inexperienced idiot backfired.

Later on, Izuna helped set the table as the others came to sit down. He made his way to sit down next to Konan who was sitting right next to Nagato. The poor thing was blushing so much that it made Izuna giggle. Konan was being friendly and kept egging him on to talk about himself. Itachi and Kisame were in their own world bickering about personal matters. Kagami was talking to Tobirama about upcoming surgeries and the conversation looked too serious for Izuna. He didn't want to interfere and decided to just stay quiet. He looked down at his bowl and felt that familiar feeling grows in his chest. He felt as if he didn't fit in around his co-workers. It was always like this for the young nurse, and yet, he didn't want to bother people with those feelings.

Though, as if on cue, Izuna felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. A slight sigh of relief left his lips at the sudden ping. However, the relieved feeling faded right after reading the username.

//Madara👺//

: I need you to come to the company.

But I am out right now:

: No worries, I already sent a car. 

They should be outside right now.

I looked at the message and shook my head. Madara was always doing things against my will.

"Sorry, but I really have to go. Thanks for everything tonight," I said as I got up and headed to the door in a rush. However, Itachi followed right behind me and stepped outside.

"Is it Madara again?" Itachi questioned. I looked back at him and sighed.

"Yeah, he said it was something important at the company," I said. Itachi slightly frowned and shook his head.

"That guy seriously needs to get a secretary." I snickered a bit at that before running over to the waiting black car and waved Itachi off. The car started moving and I could notice Itachi was still frowning. I already knew what he was thinking. That Madara was way too dependent on keeping tabs on me. I couldn't deny that it was annoying, but I knew my brother meant well. He'd never tried to do something to purposely hurt me.

//Tobirama's POV//

After Izuna had left, Itachi walked back in and sat down in his seat. I could tell he was not in the best mood compared to earlier which was strange. Kisame looked over at me and looked back at Itachi before clearing his throat.

"What was that about?" Kisame questioned.

Itachi looked up and sighed before shaking his head. "Izuna's brother messaged him to go over to their company. I just know that guy probably doesn't even need to talk about anything important," he said with slight annoyance in his voice.

"What makes you say that?" Nagato asked. Before he could answer, Konan intervened.

"Because he's done this before so many times. At this point, it isn't surprising. That guy definitely has some kind of radar in his head telling him that Izuna is out with friends," Konan said as Itachi nodded.

"Reminds me of the time we went to drink some wine at my house and Izuna got completely wasted. Not more than a couple of minutes passed before that dumb black car stopped out front. When I tell you his brother was pissed, I mean it," Itachi said.

They both continued to share their experience when it came to dealing with Izuna's brother. By the end of it I could tell that Itachi completely hated that guy. Konan just didn't like that he ruined their outside-of-work activities, and Kagami simply didn't have anything to say about the guy. According to him, he only met him once.

"Err Itachi, I think you had enough to drink," Kisame said as he carefully took the wine bottle out of the guy's hand. Itachi didn't seem to resist which made Konan laugh a bit.

"This idiot," was all she could say before she looked down at her phone and gasped. I looked down at my own and saw that it was already really late. One by one they piled out the door, including Kisame who was helping a drunken Itachi out the door. Quite a sight to see. He definitely was the type to get black-out drunk just to rant about his displeasure with Izuna's brother.

I ended up going back before cleaning the mess in the kitchen, and I was doing so, my phone vibrated on the counter. So quickly I wiped my hands and slightly frowned at the message. It was from an unknown number, but the context of it made me realize who it was from.

//Unknown//

: Hey, I'm sorry about leaving so abruptly. The food was good though so thanks.

: Have a good night😅

I paused for a moment at the messages. Who gave him my number? 

*Number saved as: Izuna😐*

With that, I edited the number and left it at that before heading upstairs to bathe and get to bed. I'm sure Izuna must have found my number online unless he had some real stalking capabilities and somehow now knows everything about me. Which would be impossible I thought to myself.

Right?

- To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 185 26
*Modern AU* Tobirama Senju was a non-dominant alpha of the Senju clan, a clan known for producing male alphas. Tobirama attends "Welfore Academy" and...
4.3K 143 2
[R18] Canon Divergence, Romance & Fluff (Jounin Kakashi x Akatsuki Tobi) Kakashi was prepared to be alone in his room and sulk on his birthday. What...
652K 23.3K 21
•Rankings• #14 in omegaverse #9 in kirideku #6 kirikamideku #3 ot3 #2 kirikami Izuku Midoriya was born an omega. The lowest point on the totem pol...
5.7K 502 25
My fingers delicately traced the scars on his back. In the soft morning light, they looked brutal, and I knew they would never disappear. Some were o...