Kingdom Come

Anburwell tarafından

Jaehaera, the oldest child of Uhtred Ragnarsson and lady Gislea never cared for men. In fact the only one she... Daha Fazla

0. Kingdom Come
I. The Dane Slayer's Daughter
III. Slavers
IV. The Return
V. Black Hole Sun
VI. Dead Men Tells No Tales
VII. From Eden
VIII. Bad Moon Rising
IX. Amor Prohibido
X. Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene
XI. Hold On Til May
XII. Flying or Crying
XIII. Can You Feel My Heart
XIV. Welcome To The Jungle
XV. Haunted
XVI. Death By A Thousand Cuts
XVII. The Story Of Us
XVIII. Something in the Orange
XIX. Angels on the Moon
XX. She
Author Note xoxo
XXI. 'Till I Collapse
XXII. Medicine Man
XXIII. Make It Out Alive
XXIV. Smells Like Teen Spirit
XXV. Safe & Sound
XXVI. Come Together
author's note
author's note pt2

II. Bastard Son

2.4K 57 0
Anburwell tarafından

Yeah, I ain't tryna fix her I just wanna kiss her

Fuel a little fire in her soul

But we don't say forever, but when we're together

Swear that we ain't ever lettin' go

Hild had woken her the next morning and helped her dress. The nun knew how the girl despised bright colors, so they chose a dark blue dress for this morning. Her father wanted her in the room with him and the others for when the other lords and earls of Cumbraland arrived. He wanted her to learn, as well as Bjorn. Jaehaera finished braiding her hair, and Hild's as well now that she was a warrior. She did four small braids on the top of her head and bound them with small silver clasps.

She stood behind her father in the throne room of the turd king with Bjorn and Hild at her side. Bjorn's hand found hers like it always did. The lords and earls stood in front of Guthred that stood on the platform that held his throne. "Lords and Earls of Cumbraland," his terrible voice rang out in the room, "I thank you for showing this great unity. Cumbraland has, over the years, become a land for both Dane and Saxon. Together, with the power of the Christian God, we can achieve great things." Jaehaera looked down to hide her rolling eyes again. Not likely she thought. He sounded like a hopeful, ignorant child. Naive.

"Oh please," she mumbled quietly under her breath, as a chorus of 'Amen's rang out around her. Hild shot her a motherly glare, and her father gave her a warning look. Bjorn just quietly chuckled at her.

"As your king," Guthred began again, "I have decided that it's time for our army to march...to Eoferwic!" She looked up at her father, trying to gauge his reaction. There was murmuring around them.

"Lord," A Dane's voice rang out. A man with short, blond, curly hair came forward. "I'm Ulf."

"Ulf?" The king repeated. Her father looked at the man called Ulf. "My father spoke very well of you. Do you have something to say?"

"I say we have no enemies in Eoferwic," Ulf told the king. "Yet there are many foes who will attack our lands when we are gone." Jaehaera had to agree with him on that. "I gave you men to protect my land, and the land of my neighbors, not to abandon it."

A priest stepped forward, an evil-looking man who Jaehaera had distrusted from the moment she saw him. She didn't know his name and she didn't want to, evil floated around him, so much so she could feel it. "I have news brought to me from all over Northumbria," the priest began, "our enemies are otherwise occupied."

"Is this news or hearsay?" Ulf asked the man. Jaehaera looked at Ulf and then at the priest.

"The brothers are beyond the Tuede," the priest replied. "Kjartan the Cruel is locked within his fortress, and Aelfric, Lord of Bebbanburg, dare never attack an army that carries the blessed Saint Cuthbert before it." Bebbanburg, her father's home, the one he has told her stories of, and she wanted nothing more than to see it, and for him to return there again. Saint Cuthbert, an idol as she called it. She had learned from Hild that the Christians weren't supposed to have those, but then she wondered why then did they carry around a dead man like a lucky amulet or talisman? How was this not an example of idolatry?

"And what of the Irish?" Ulf asked. A man in his company agreed with an 'aye'. "What of the Scots? What of rogues and raiders? What of crops in the fields, and livestock in the hills?" She still couldn't tell if her father agreed with this man or the king. But she, at the moment, agreed with Ulf. Who would defend their home while the warriors were gone?

"Lord Ulf," her father's voice answered him. She looked up at him. "I have recently come from Eoferwic, and I tell you there is great wealth there. Silver, and the rewards of war: horses, swords, land even."

"And the women?"

"Oh, indeed, women indeed," the priest agreed, which she found confusing as he was a priest. Beocca tilted his head at the man, which answered all her questions. He didn't agree with this priest. "Eoferwic is a sink of corruption," the priest continued. Both father Beocca and her father looked annoyedly at the man, so she did as well. "Riddled with sin and lascivious women," Jaehaera narrowed her eyes and made a hidden face of disgust behind her father. She glanced at Hild, who also looked slightly uncomfortable. "It is a city that will need to be scoured. Scoured by this holy army! We have the numbers!" her father tilted his head slightly. "God is with us! We shall become richer in body and soul. We shall become the masters of Northumbria!" The men cheered and agreed. Ulf and her father shared a look.

"Would you share a jug of ale with me?" Beocca asked her father quietly. "Tomorrow, I must return to Wessex."

*********************************************************************

"Come on, Jaehaera," Hild told her as they left the throne room. Hild led them to the stables to ready their horses. Her horse, a black-as-night Shire horse named Mareridt. It means nightmare in her native language. It had been decided that the army would march, along with Saint Cuthbert, the dead saint they loved so much. Jaehaera thought that they could've dug up some random body and stuffed it in the coffin and no one would know the difference. They could just call it the saint, without it actually being the saint. Her father warned her that talking like that would get her killed. The two women dressed in their armor together, and even though her mother wished against it, she knew she wouldn't win against her husband and daughter. Hild wore her cross inside of her armor.

"Are the heads bagged and loaded?" Hild asked Uhtred when they found him and the others.

"They're stinking and attracting flies," Halig answered her.

Halig's attention was brought to the body of the saint. "The body is coming with us?" he asked her father as he took turns inspecting Hild's sword and his daughter's.

"He is to lead," her father answered. "On the shoulders of the monks."

Hild, Jaehaera, and the others got onto their horses and followed after her father. She hadn't ridden in so long, and it felt nice to be back on the saddle. Hild rode next to her. "Did you rest up?" the nun asked the girl.

Jaehaera smiled brightly, "yes lady," she answered, "I slept most well, and yourself?"

Hild nodded, "Yes lady, I did as well."

"Good, you will need it," Jaehaera answered the woman as they passed the dark-haired boy. He stood, walking, bound, and color on his face. She's glad he hadn't died from blood loss. She had a thought last night that she might have accidentally killed him by taking out her arrow, but luckily not. "The boy is coming with us?"

"Your father wants information on Kjartan's stronghold it seems," Hild answered.

"We should burn it to the ground with everyone in it," Jaehaera answered. She heard the stories her father had told of this Kjartan. He killed her grandparents and aunt and blamed her father. Hild didn't care for the girl's comment, she shot her a disapproving glare as Jaehaera just shrugged.

*********************************************************************

"How are the brave men of Cumbraland?" her father asked loudly towards their company of soldiers. Uhtred was answered with loud cheering. "I won't forget how you came to my aid. Each of you shall have silver!" another wave of cheers answered him. He made a funny face at his daughter, which made Jaehaera laugh and cheer with the men as well. "But more than that, you have my sword!" the men continued to yell. The group continued on.

Bjorn came up with his horse next to her, as Hild rode up next to her father. "How are you, lady?" He greeted her with a smile.

Jaehaera returned the smile, "well, thank you, and you?"

"Very well now that I'm next to you," Bjorn flirted, and her heart skipped a beat. She wished it would stop doing that. "I wanted to tell you that, when we fight, we will fight together. As a team, I will never leave you, and I hope you never leave me."

She looked at him with compassion and gladness. Jaehaera nodded at him, "I won't." She agreed easily. "We fight together," she repeated his words back to him so that he knew she knew what he had meant.

"If we do get separated," Bjorn began again. She could hear the slight wariness in his voice. He didn't even want to think about the possibility of it. "Know that I will always find you."

"I do," She answered him softly, and he nodded. He had never looked so much like a man as he did right now, dressed in his armor. While they were both warriors, she knew that he was her warrior, not just her fathers. And Bjorn always would be.

*********************************************************************

"Lady," the voice of the dark-haired boy called out to her while Jaehaera carried wood to Halig for the fire. She ignored him and kept walking. " Archer woman," he tried again, trying to find the right way to address her, and get her attention. Apparently, that wasn't right either, as she kept walking away from him. "Shield Maiden," he called again. Jaehaera stopped, and the boy was thankful. Jaehera paused before turning on her heel to look at him. The boy sat again, tied up to the cart.

"Yes?" she asked him shortly, and with a raised eyebrow.

"I need to go into the woods there," he told her. Again she looked at him flatly. The same look she had given him when they had first seen each other. Jaehaera wondered why he had chosen to speak to her when there were plenty of other people around. "I need to shit. I do not wish to fill my breeches!" he began to call after her when she had turned around. Again she paused and turned back around to look at him and smirk. The dane boy turned a slight shade of pink at her smirk. Why did he have to ask the girl he was beginning to fancy to shit in the woods? He was truly an idiot, he thought to himself.

Jaehaera turned around again, walked to Halig, and dropped the firewood at his feet. "Halig, our prisoner requires your attention," She told the man before continuing to walk past him to find her father, Hild or Bjorn. It seemed that she had only sat down with her father, mother, Bjorn, and Hild for a few minutes before a man Halig had apparently taken with him came running over to them.

"Lord Uhtred!" the soldier called as he ran. Her father looked up at the startled man. "The prisoner...holding a sword to Halig," the big man gasped out, out of breath apparently. She and her father jumped up with their weapons, along with Hild and Bjorn. Together they followed after the soldier as they all ran back to where he had left the other two. Sure enough, the dark-haired prisoner had Halig on his knees, with the soldier's sword to his throat. She thought it slightly impressive how he had bested two men with his hands bound and without a weapon. She drew back an arrow and held it at her cheek, waiting for her father's word. She should have let him bleed out when she had the chance.

"I could have killed him, Lord," the dark-haired boy reminded her father, and everyone else. Jaehaera openly huffed and rolled her eyes. "Made good my escape." How arrogant of him to think her or her father wouldn't have easily retrieved him back.

"Kill him and you will die slowly," her father threatened. Bjorn, Clapa, and Hild all had their weapons drawn as well.

"Told you," Halig murmured.

"I have the shot father," She announced, not wanting to hear the boy speak when he opened his mouth. Not when he had Halig on his knees..he would pay. "Do you want me to take it?"

"Hold Jaehaera, hold," Her father commanded, shooting her a look.

"I asked your man to fetch you, Lord," the boy continued. "I do not murder," oh how noble of him, Jaehaera thought to herself and rolled her eyes openly again. "I wish to bargain." the king and the others gathered now.

"A life for a life is it?" Her father asked.

"My life for my sword," the boy told her father. "I wish to serve you, Lord. I could have killed both, but I wish to serve you."

"You are Kjartan's man," she hissed before her father could answer. He looked back at her with a look that told her to stay quiet, and she did.

The boy shook his head, and Jaehaera tilted hers with annoyance. "No," the boy answered. "I'm Kjartan's bastard son, whelped on a slave girl. And you are Uhtred Ragnarson, and I wish to serve a warrior and a lord, a true lord." Jaehaera placed the arrow back into its quiver. The boy was telling the truth, there was no lie in his voice or demeanor. She doubted her father would need her to shoot him.

"If you believe me to be these things," Her father began, "then put down your sword." the boy faltered for a second, his eyes looking at the people and soldiers around him. His eyes darted to and fro.

"You guarantee my life?" the boy asked. His eyes landed on the boy standing next to Uhtred's daughter, Jaehaera. He hated that boy, and it seemed the boy hated him as well. What made him so special that he should stand next to her?

"Put down your sword," her father told him again.

"Kill him," the priest from the meeting told her father.

"No," her father answered. Jaehaera looked at the priest, weren't the Christians supposed to be the merciful of the two groups? That didn't seem to her like very good Christian practices, but to her, he didn't seem like a very good Christian in the first place. She could smell the evil on him. Was that the Christian way? To kill a man who wanted to serve? "Put down your sword," her father told the boy again. Her mother watched her father. The teen paused again before dropping his sword and backing away from Halig.

"I can be of use to you, Lord," he told her father. His eyes darted, every muscle in his body tense, like a deer ready to run.

"He is nothing but a heathen, kill him!" the abbot seemed to command her father. Before she could stop herself, Jaehaera made a face of disgust at the man. Hild flicked her shoulder and held her closer. She and her father were heathens too. Did the man who helped their king gain this land and return back to these people deserve to die as well?

"No one is to move," her father commanded.

"Kill him now!" the abbot yelled at her father. Jaehaera wanted to rush the man for yelling at her father like a dog, but Hild tightened her grip as Jaehaera tightened her grip on her dagger, wanting nothing more than to throw it at the abbot's head.

"I said," her father yelled back at the abbot, "no one is to move, and no one is to speak but me!" her father roared. No one dared to cross him. "No one," her father glared at the abbot. Jaehaera loosened her grip when the abbot backed away from her father in fear. She could see it in the man's eyes.

"What is your name?" her father asked the boy quietly, seeing that the boy was scared.

"I am called Sihtric, lord," the boy answered. Sihtric shook his head, "Please," he paused. "I am not loyal to Kjartan. I never can be."

"You swear your sword is mine?" her father asked.

"On Thor's hammer, I do, lord," Sihtric repeated his oath again. The second he brought Thor into the bond, her father, Jaehaera, and Bjorn knew he was true. Sihtric clutched the talisman around his neck. She liked the thought of another dane in the camp. Sihtric knelt down quickly before her father when he said nothing, "I swear."

"Then you have my protection," Uhtred told Sihtric softly. Jaehaera felt the tension leave the crowd, and felt and shared the relief Sihtric felt at that moment.

"Thank you, Lord," Sihtric told her father. "Thank you." Jaehaera pulled out her dagger when her father nodded to her and nodded his head at Bjorn and the others to follow him. King Guthred nodded encouragingly to her father.

"Sihtric is with us now," Her father announced to the crowd. "He serves in King Guthred's army." Stepping forward as her father walked away with the crowd, Bjorn glanced back at his girl before walking away with his lord.

Jaehaera held up the knife for Sihtric to see before bending down and cutting the rope off of him. "No hard feelings for shooting you, yeah?" she asked him with a playful smile. One he liked on her and hoped she would wear often. He never again wanted to be on the receiving end of her wrath like he had been. "I'm Jaehaera, daughter of lord Uhtred, but you probably already knew that," she held out her arm for him to grasp in greeting as the danes do, which he did.

"No lady," he told her softly, "no hard feelings."

"Good, Bjorn and I will be happy to have another dane around our age," She told him, "we were beginning to think we would have to suffer Saxons and their talk alone." Sihtric didn't agree. At least not about the boy he had seen standing next to her, Bjorn apparently, liking his presence.

*********************************************************************

Bjorn and Jaehaera sat together against a tree. Bjorn messed with her hands in front of both of them while the two looked at the stars together. "Jaehaera," Bjorn began quietly. They talked together in their native tongue, so as not to forget it as her father wished. "Do you think our families are really looking down on us from Valhalla?" he asked her.

She turned her head back and craned her neck to look at him. Resting her head on his shoulder. "I do," she answered. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugged. "I do not know," he answered. "I often think of my grandparents and whether or not they would be proud of us." he paused and looked down at his girl who gently placed her hand on his cheek. "Do you think they would be?"

"You know what I think," she began. "I think that your Old Ragnar and his love are looking down at you, me, and my father and are very proud of how far we have come. Especially you, my Bjorn. I can not think of a reason why he would not be proud of you. You have fought bravely when you have fought and won. Why do you doubt yourself?"

Bjorn shrugged. "Sometimes I feel as though, as much and however hard I try, I will never be like your father, and how he wants me to be. Nor like my true father."

She shook her head. "You won't," she agreed and he looked down at her with hurt in her eyes. "You will be the best Bjorn Ragnarson you can be. You have done everything my father has told you and taught you up until now. He does not wish for you to be like him or act like him. Like he always says. A kill is something you fashion and make your own. And like a kill, life is something you can make your own. Your own destiny. My father can open the door, but you have to step through it on your own." she told him. "My father is a great man and warrior, but it would be weird if I wanted to marry my father. I do not. I want to marry you someday, Bjorn Ragnarson. Do not make me regret it."

He smiled brightly and pulled her closer to him if that was even possible. He kissed her sweetly and gently. He couldn't think of the words to describe just how much he loved the girl in his arms. Ever since he laid eyes on her at five years old, he knew. He knew that it would be them in the end. She was his peace. "Come," Bjorn told her, pulling the two of them up. "Your father will have my head if I keep you for too long."

"Oh, and we can not have that," Jaehaera teased, standing up on her tiptoes as he leaned down to connect their foreheads.

He shook his head against hers. "No we cannot," he answered with a smirk, wanting nothing more than to kiss her again, and he did. Jaehaera gladly returned. Kissing Bjorn had turned into her favorite pastime. She could spend hours kissing him if she could, but she wouldn't tell him that. It would go straight to his already large head. She smiled into the kiss at her thoughts and pulled away as he chased after her lips. Together they walked back to the camp hand in hand. Bjorn walked her to the tent that she and Hild shared. They didn't know that Sihtric watched, sitting with Clapa, Halig, and Hild. He watched as the boy kissed Jaehaera again before opening the tent for her and closing it behind her once Jaehaera was safely inside. Sihtric looked away before he and Bjorn could make eye contact.

If he had known that this is what it would be like, he would have never asked to serve.

*********************************************************************

"Halig," her father called. "Take Sihtric, Jaehaera, Hild, and Clapa and go north to watch the road ahead."

"Yes lord," Halig answered.

Her father looked at her and waited for her to stand up with the others, "stay with Hild, do not wander," he told her. He knew she had a trait of wandering off if she got too bored. "I mean it. If you do, I shall know," and he pointed at a bird close by.

"Yes father," she grumbled before he gently squeezed her shoulders and walked off for her to get ready with the others. They gathered their horses together, Sihtric using one of her father's extra horses that they had spared for him.

"We'll go to the hill," Halig told them, "watch from there." they all nodded at him in agreement before setting off ahead of the camp and her father. Together they rode to the hill. Sihtric coming up beside her.

"Lady," he greeted her softly. She turned and smiled at him. "I wanted to thank you again."

"You don't have to thank me, Sihtric," She told him honestly. "And please, call me Jaehaera. I'm not my mother." She laughed at the older boy, which made him smile and nod at her. He found her laugh to be a beautiful song that he wanted to hear more of.

"Sorry, of course, Jaehaera," He corrected shyly.

Hild heard Jaehaera's laugh and turned to find her and Sihtric talking together and smiling. Well, this will surely be a problem, the nun thought to herself. They looked like they were discussing something in secret, and in hushed tones. "Jaehaera," she called to the girl, "come here for a moment," Hild asked her.

The teen trotted up to her after nodding to Sihtric. "Yes, lady?" She asked the nun when she got to her side.

"What is it that you and he speak of together?" Hild asked her.

"The gods, lady," she answered simply. "Our homes, my father. It's nice to have another person I can speak to in my native language like my father wants to. Bjorn is good to speak to, but we have the same accent, Lady," Jaehaera explained. "Sihtric has another. He was born knowing the language, I was taught. It is good for me to learn from him."

Hild nodded. Jaehaera, the girl that had always been so curious. Hild was glad to know that part of her hadn't changed. "I see," Hild answered. "Just try to keep your words from reaching the abbot's ears, he will find any way to punish so-called heathens. Especially him, maybe not you, but he definitely will punish Sihtric. Also," Hild paused when Jaehaera nodded at her warning. "Be careful around Bjorn, yes?"

Jaehaera nodded, and blinked in curiosity, "yes Lady." She didn't understand why her speaking to Sihtric would make her have to be careful around Bjorn. She and Hild nodded to each other before Jaehaera took her spot back next to Sihtric.

"Did your mother warn you to stay away from me?" Sihtric teased her.

Jaehaera chuckled, and shook her head, "no," she answered. "Hild is not my mother. My mother is lady Gisela. Hild just warned me to keep our voices and conversation around the abbot. He doesn't like us, and wishes us dead."

"Because we are heathen," Sihtric did not look as amused as she did at that.

"Exactly," She answered him with an eye roll. "I thought their religion was all about love, and mercy. Not about hating others. But the more time I spend around Christians the more I cannot stand them and their hypocrisy."

Sihtric looked at the girl with fire in her eyes, the same kind she had the night they fought. "You've got a sharp tongue woman," he told her, and she stuck it out at him, which made him laugh. "Saxon minds work in mysterious ways, as does their God." he paused and looked at her. "Who is that boy you're always with?" he asked her.

Jaehaera smiled again at the mention of him, which made Sihtric sick. "Bjorn Ragnarson. Grandson of Earl Ragnar the fearless." Sihtric nodded, he had heard of the younger boy's father before, and his family. "His father and mine grew up together and became like brothers. Young Ragnar sent Bjorn to my father to teach him, and keep him as a ward. He wanted him to know of the nature between both the Saxons and the Danes. We are always together because he's my best and only friend that I have," Jaehaera answered him before looking at him curiously. "Hild also told me to be careful around Bjorn with you, but I cannot think of a reason why."

Sihtric could, but he didn't tell her that. He was going to answer when Halig called for them to stop. The two jumped down from their horses with the others, and he watched her with questioning eyes. "You seem awfully young to be someone's already," Sihtric told her.

Jaehaera shrugged. "Our fathers loved each other like brothers, and always wanted to stay together." She looked at him and his mismatched eyes. "It's always been each other for the two of us. He's my best friend."

"You two, get over here," Halig called to them when Sihtric opened his mouth to respond. The pair hurried to catch up to the other three. They crouched with the others as they watched a caravan of horses walking through the valley.

"They're coming from the north," Sihtric pointed out, and Jaehaera hummed in agreement. "It can only be the brothers, Sigefrid and Erik."

"Not Kjartan?" Hild asked.

"Would you say if it was?" Halig asked as bait. Jaehaera and Sihtric looked at the older man. Jaehaera wore the look she did when Sihtric had first seen her. An oath was an oath they would keep until they died. Especially if you swore it to the gods. Sihtric would not betray them, it swore it on Thor's hammer.

She opened her mouth to point that fact out to Halig, but it was Sihtric's voice that sounded. "Two of us should remain here and watch," Sihtric answered diplomatically. He wasn't quick to speak like Jaehaera. He didn't take the bait in the trap that Halig had left for him out in the open. "The other three should return to Uhtred."

"It is not your place to decide what we do," Halig told him sharply. Jaehaera rolled her eyes openly. "Lord Uhtred put me in command."

"Oh yes, lord," Clapa mocked jokingly.

"But it is a good plan," Jaehaera commented quickly before anyone else could say anything. She and Halig looked at each other and she raised an eyebrow at him. There was silence before Halig spoke again.

"Hild, you will return to Uhtred," Halig told her.

"Alone?" She asked in shock, and Jaehaera glared at him. Hild smirked at Halig.

"With the children," Halig added. Jaehaera and Sihtric shared a look of annoyance at being called children. Hild continued to chuckle quietly at Halig's words and the teen's faces.

"The three of us?" Hild asked in confirmation before stifling her chuckles while Clapa did the opposite. Hild grabbed the two danes by the back of their armor to drag them off toward the horses. "Come on, you two."

"Clapa, shut your ugly dane mouth," Halig told the big man.

*********************************************************************

The woods were quiet, not a single bird chirping at all as she followed Uhtred through the thick of the trees and the dense foliage. Sihtric and Halig led the way, keeping low as Jaehaera searched the trees above them for spies or anything like it that she should shoot down, but there was nothing. Bjorn closely behind her, watching her back.

"Lord, there," Sihtric told her father. "That is Erik." Uhtred came to crouch next to the boy. Jaehaera saw, as she looked through the bracken, another tall blond man with a long beard, striding around the camp with a look of displeasure on his face. The turd king and Sihtric traded places next to her father. Sihtric came to crouch next to her and Bjorn. Bjorn gave him a side glance, and Sihtric returned it. They all gathered behind her father to look through the bracken.

"And there is Sigefrid." Sigefrid looked to be a stronger man, who seemed to be comfortable with a dagger in hand. Neither of them looked easy to defeat.

"I was right," her father replied. "This is not an army." he continued to look and count their numbers. "We could attack tonight. Surprise them in their sleep. They will know Eoferwic is lost."

"Will they?" the turd king asked.

"Yes," Uhtred answered. "That is the man I set free." The man Uhtred had been talking about looked like a boar. Jaehaera wasn't impressed by him as she was with the brothers. "They must have been marching for days. Now is a good time."

"An attack is an option, yes," Guthrum replied thoughtfully. Jaehaera narrowed her eyes at him behind her father, and his backs. It was the option. Why couldn't he see that?

"They are waiting to be slaughtered," Sihtric murmured, and her father hummed in agreement. Bjorn and Jaehaera nodded as well.

"Lord.." her father began. "There will be no better time to fight than right now," her father urged once more. Guthred paled, and bit his lips nervously.

"Uhtred, I am thinking.." their 'King' answered her father. Jaehaera huffed and rolled her eyes. Bjorn and Sihtric shared the same look of amusement at the girl on their faces. She looked at both of them with annoyance.

"We must attack," Uhtred told Guthred again. The turd king sighed as he turned to go, and her father gently pulled him back. "Lord, what I am saying is good advice. We must attack tonight."

"Do you not hear me?" Guthred snapped at her father. "I am thinking." Do not trouble yourself, lord, you will drop dead from exhaustion if you do that she thought to herself, and bit her tongue to keep herself from speaking her thoughts. Uhtred let him go, and he nodded to Sihtric, Bjorn, and his daughter to follow him back to camp. She shared a look of annoyance with the dane boys.

"This king is useless," she mumbled quietly to the boys. "He's going to get us all killed because he cannot tell the difference between his arse and his head." She huffed angrily. The boys followed after her after sharing a look. Sihtric smiled as he watched her walk in front of him, oh he was going to like her. Bjorn glared at him, and Sihtric shrugged in response to the other boy.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.9K 116 24
Redinfel was raised in Craven, in Northumbria. Born to a Saxon woman, but raised by Danes. Her father and brother were killed by the bastard son of U...
52.2K 1.7K 31
in which a dane kissed by the gods falls in love with a monk that only believes in one the last kingdom | osferth x oc only on wattpad dark mod...
63.9K 481 67
We are all obsessed with the show and wanted to do a collection of shorts for the actors and characters. Requests are open!! Including: Uhtred (Alex...
95.5K 2.9K 64
Lya Baratheon is the oldest and only biological child of Cersei Lannister and Robert Baratheon, but unlike her younger brother she is kind and gentle...