~Chuunibyou with a Pinch of L...

By Trash7680

*I do not own cover art-all rights go to creator, CottonLilith* Teyvat is a magical world... but not anymore... More

First Day
Greetings All Around
Dodgeball
Interesting Encounters
Realize
Clubs
Intermission: Substitute Teacher
Occult and Realm Research
Normal Day
Shopping
The Chaos of Shopping
Study Harder!
Intermission: The One and Oni
Unluckiest
Summer Festival
Fireworks
The Word Called Love
Prinzessin's Curse
Notes on Love
Intermission: Favorite Teacher
Oblivious Love
Final Exams
The Beginning of Break
Winter Shenanigans
Update: Inactive
The Eve of Christmas
Christmas

New Years

257 6 7
By Trash7680

Christmas passed. To Fischl, Bennett's company that night was most welcome. She acted like her usual self, however inside she was exploding with happiness.

"How was your night, Mein Fräulein?" Oz asked. Fischl sat on the couch, surrounded by wrapping paper. Bennett had left an hour ago and Fischl never moved.

"It was great... thank you for the gifts." She said. It came out a little depressingly. Fischl tucked her knees up and hugged them. Oz stared at her strangely.

"Do you feel ok?" He asked. Fischl shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Bennett... he... he's cursed." Fischl said. Oz looked in confusion as Fischl continued.

"The curse effects me. I feel it when he's around, but when he leaves, it seems to effect me." She said, looking down towards her feet. Oz didn't say anything.

"I try to fight it but I can't. It's stronger than me." Fischl continued, now placing with some wrapping paper sitting next to her.

"What do you mean?" Oz asked.

"I just... it's like butterflies." Fischl said. She started breaking character.

"T-Then when he's close, it's most effective, and when he leaves, the curse makes me feel empty." She said. Oz just listened.

"B-But for some reason... no matter what..." She began, her voice getting shaky.

"Mein Fräulein..." Oz began. Fischl looked up at Oz.

"I feel so happy." She said with teary eyes. Oz stared at her.

"And I feel like hugging something really tightly, and I just don't know!" Fischl exclaimed. Oz sighed.

"You're alone on this one." He said standing up.

"Huh? Oz!" Fischl exclaimed.

"You can handle this yourself. Do a ritual or something." He said, walking away.

"W-Wait!" Fischl exclaimed before he left the room. Oz wanted her to go through this herself. He'd be sure to help every once in a while, but this was her moment.

"AHHHHHHH!" Bennett thought to himself, walking home. He decided to walk home alone at night for two reasons. One: He didn't want to inconvenience Oz or anyone to help him get home. Two: He needed some time to himself.

"Why didn't I say anything?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" He yelled into the empty night.

"Can you shut up!" A voice in the not so empty night yelled back.

"Sorry!" Bennett replied. He sighed, continuing his walk home and thinking about the day.

"How does she think of me?" Bennett asked himself. He couldn't figure it out through her persona. It's be impossible to tell. Knowing his luck, they're just friends. He hit himself in the gut.

"That's the worst outcome!" He thought. That's when he saw a black cat walk in front of him. They stared at each other. Bennett took a step towards it, and the cat allowed him to pet it.

"Bad luck huh? You're not so bad." Bennett said. Suddenly, the cat turned to run across the street. Unfortunately, a car was also coming.

"H-Hey wait!" Bennett exclaimed, going to grab it before slipping on ice...

"Right... I forgot how unlucky I was..." Bennett though as he fell towards the street.

"Ever since I met her, I forgot." He thought again. The car went flying by as Bennett felt arms around his chest. He looked up.

"You alright?" Aether asked.

"Huh? Why are you here?" Bennett thought to himself. The cat crossed the street and ran off into the night.

"T-Thanks, by the way." Bennett said.

"Yeah. No problem. Good thing I came across you here." Aether replied.

"Y-Yeah." Bennett said. There was a moment of silence as the two walked.

"How's it going?" Aether asked.

"Good I guess."

"That's good. How about with that?"

"That?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"The whole love thing?"

"W-WHAT!?" Bennett asked quickly and loudly.

"What? I told you I was gonna help." Aether said.

"I-I'm fine, thank you." Bennett replied.

"Come on, I know you need help."

"I don't."

"You want her though right?"

"..."

"Right?"

"I'm home." Bennett said as the two stopped walking.

"Oh, well alright." Aether said. Bennett walked towards the door before he stopped.

"So, uh... Aether?"

"Yes?"

"I, uh, don't know how to get closer." Bennett replied. Aether grinned.

"I can help you with that. We can talk another time." He said. Bennett nodded, then entered his house...

Days went by as New Years approached. Nobody had plans to hang out since they'd be with family. However, New Years also meant Lantern Rite!!! A large festival that takes place over the winter break! Bennett... wasn't going with anyone. Most of his parents would stay home anyway, so he would be by himself.

Fischl was going with Oz, but it would only be a matter of time before Fischl ran off.

Chongyun was going with Shenhe, who would inevitably bring Yelan, which would also mean Xingqiu.

Xinyan was gonna hang with Barbara, who would be bringing their family.

Xiangling was working business.

Lisa had plans that day, so she let Razor do whatever. Before he could get to Bennett, Albedo asked him if he wanted to join him, Sucrose, and Klee.

Long story short, Bennett had nobody. He would still go nonetheless, but it wouldn't be as fun. The night they were releasing all the lanterns were coming upon them, and slowly but surely, the massive lantern would be released...

"This is your favorite holiday, right Zhongli?" Venti asked.

"Yes, it is. It bring a whole new start for everyone." Zhongli replied. They were with Ei as well.

"Yeah, that's cool, but Windblume is so much better. There's lots of flowers, warm weather, love in the air, and—"

"Cheap wine. We know." Ei and Zhongli both said at the same time. Venti winked.

"What about you, Ei? Surely you have a favorite holiday." Zhongli said.

"It's a festival from my home we always celebrated. It is called Irodori Festival." Ei explained.

"Sounds interesting." Zhongli said.

"Boring." Venti replied. Ei glared at him.

"Oh look! They have wine!" Venti exclaimed, running off. Ei sighed.

"I never liked him."

Bennett held a lantern in his hands. He had to write a wish, but he didn't know what to write.

"Do they even come true?" He asked himself. He felt arms on his shoulders.

"Sup." Chongyun said.

"Yo." Bennett replied. Chongyun went and sat next to him.

"By yourself?" He asked.

"Yeah. What about you?" Bennett replied.

"Well, my aunt Shenhe decided to bring her friend Yelan and Xingqiu along... they then decided to visit Xiangling's stand... I can't stand her so I went off by myself." Chongyun explained.

"I see. Well lucky you." Bennett said.

"Huh? How?"

"You're with Xingqiu."

"What is that supposed to mean!?"

"What do you think it means?!" Bennett asked. Chongyun sighed.

"Yeah yeah, I hear you. Where's your girlfriend?" He asked in return.

"I- HEY!" Bennett exclaimed. Chongyun laughed a bit.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... but make a move already." He said. Bennett sighed.

"You're one to talk." He replied. Chongyun grinned.

"Yeah yeah, we're both hypocrites..."

Meanwhile, Fischl was walking with Oz.

"See any friends yet?" Oz asked.

"Nay, but I'm sure at least one shall appear!"

"Where's Bennett?" Oz asked. Fischl went red.

"N-Not sure!" She exclaimed. She never asked him. She didn't have the guts to, especially after Christmas. In fact, it was impossible for her to even think about him without feeling the curse.

"Oh, Fischl!" A voice exclaimed. Fischl and Oz looked towards the voice. They saw Lumine with Ayaka.

"Ah! Senior classmate and... a mystical friend! Greetings!" Fischl exclaimed. Oz sighed.

"I'll take my leave." He said, walking away.

"What? Why!?" Fischl asked.

"I have to run an errand." Oz said. Lumine walked over then placed an arm around her shoulders.

"Can we talk?" She smiled.

"I sense something ominous about her..." Fischl thought.

Lumine and Ayaka bought a few snacks for them and they all sat down.

"What's with the eyepatch?" Ayaka asked.

"It is to contain my powers! If you dare make jest of it, I can freely expose you to it." Fischl replied.

"I-I was just curious." Ayaka replied.

"Fischl, listen here." Lumine began, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Go on." Fischl said. Lumine cleared her throat.

"So, I've heard from an unknown source, that perhaps, you like this boy." Lumine said.

"I have no idea where this preposterous idea had arisen from, and I denounce you and your name." Fischl replied.

"Listen! I'm trying to help!" Lumine shouted. She then sighed.

"If you wanna get this boy, I'm your best shot." She explained. Fischl pouted.

"I have no interested in what you have to say... but continue." She decided. Lumine and Ayaka shared a look. Lumine then cleared her throat.

"Ok! The most important thing about love is speed!" She exclaimed. Ayaka nodded.

"Take him away before anyone else can!" She agreed.

"So I should capture him and keep him a cage?" Fischl asked.

"Not literally." Lumine rejected.

"Yes." Ayaka agreed. The two girls looked at one another.

"Stay away from my brother."

"You know you'd like it if he was never with you again and was with me forever."

"So capture him and cage him?" Fischl asked.

"NO!" Lumine shouted. She sighed.

"I mean it as like, you have to make the first move! Make him fall in love with you before he falls in love with anyone else!" She explained.

"Make him fall in love with me?" Fischl asked.

"Yeah. You fell in love with him, but has he fell in love with you? So you gotta make sure he does! Be aggressive with it!" Lumine exclaimed.

"Study him, figure out what he likes, and replicate it one for one! Once you figure out his fetishes and obsessions, you can take advantage of those as well!" Ayaka explained more. Fischl went red as Lumine placed a hand on Ayaka's shoulder.

"Just... stop talking, honestly..."

"Next, motivation!" Lumine exclaimed.

"But, if I was wanting his love and attention, that should be motivation enough... is what I would say if my persona consisted of a loved one that I considered equal!" Fischl switched up.

"True, but you have to think about your competition." Lumine said. Ayaka nodded.

"Like the ones who want to steal him away from you! Think about crushing them and making them nothing so that you can take the win!" She exclaimed. Fischl thought about it.

"Barbara... Xiangling... CHONGYUN!" She thought. A fiery rage sparked within her.

"With that competition, it'll push you to do your best!" Ayaka exclaimed. Fischl nodded, still feeling motivated.

"Of course, lastly, be yourself! You don't always have to be trying your hardest! He may like that part of you!" Lumine added. Ayaka nodded in agreement. Fischl stared at the ground for a moment.

"Alright..." She said, a little less motivated now. Ayaka checked her phone.

"Ok! I need to go! Good luck!" She exclaimed, getting up while replying to a text.

"Where are you going?" Lumine asked.

"To see Aether. He's alone."

"And how do you know that?"

"Lumine!" A voice shouted. Lumine's eyes darted to the voice, somewhat in surprise and disgust. It was Childe.

"Lumine!" He shouted again.

"Are you— ok, good luck Fischl!" Lumine said, beginning to walk away, specifically in the opposite direction of Childe.

"Lumi—" Childe started.

"GO AWAY!" Lumine shouted, speeding to a jog...

Fischl sat, alone, thinking of her talk with the (not-so) love experts.

"This curse... may subside if I follow these instructions."

Her phone went off. She received a text from—

"BENNETT!?!?!?"

Benny : where are you?

Prinzessin Der Verurteilung : I am beyond this plane and time itself, within a realm of evils that must be eliminated.

Fischl looked at her message for a moment.

Prinzessin Der Veruteilung : On the big hill.

Fischl was waiting for Bennett to show up. Was he with other people? Was it just gonna be then two? Her curse became more apparent. That's when she noticed Bennett coming up the hill. Behind him was Xingqiu, Xiangling, and...

"Chongyun..." Fischl stared at him, squinting her eyes. Chongyun noticed this.

"What did I do?" He asked himself.

"Fischl!" Bennett waved. Fischl waved back, then looked back at her training.

"Be aggressive!"

"Come hither!" She exclaimed, pointing down at the ground.

"I am, I am." Bennett said, walking over.

"Ok! Good start!"

"Lantern release starts in like three minutes." Xingqiu said.

"Oh yeah. Anyone know where Barbara is?" Xiangling asked.

"I texted her, but I didn't get anything back." Bennett said. Fischl shot a glare at Bennett.

"Well maybe I shall message her myself and see if she responds!" Fischl exclaimed, pulling out her phone.

Prinzessin Der Verurteilung : Nun! I command thee to not only respond to my text and my text alone, but as well as commute to our location atop the large hill nearby now! No exceptions!

"She says she's with family and Xinyan... and Razor?" Bennett said, confused. Fischl internally gasped seeing Bennett and Barbara direct message each other. Jealousy is a strong thing.

"It'll just be us five then." Xingqiu said.

"Did everyone write a wish?" Xiangling asked. Fischl and Bennett froze.

"No."

"Nay."

"What!? You have literal minutes! Not even!" Chongyun exclaimed.

"I couldn't think of one!" Bennett refuted.

"I have not been able to put in the time—"

"Stop talking and make one quickly!" Xingqiu exclaimed. Fischl grabbed her lantern and sat down, getting ready to write, but her brain went blank. Bennett's also did. The two glanced at one another.

"Will I regret it?" Bennett thought.

"Everyone is prepping. You guys gotta get something." Chongyun said.

"Is this my only wish?" Fischl asked herself. Bennett grit his teeth and turned away from everyone to write. When he finished, he turned back to everyone, and they all released their lanterns. He also released his. Meanwhile, Fischl sat on the ground, watching them all lift into the air. She turned to Bennett, seeing him among the lanterns now. Fischl looked at her lantern.

"Fischl, you..." Bennett began, turning to her. She was now standing, releasing her lantern up into the sky to join the rest.

"I'll never get sick of this." Xingqiu said, watching all the different lanterns light up the sky.

"I know... why is my lantern not rising?" Bennett asked. Everyone saw a lantern noticeable lower than the rest. It suddenly started falling.

"What!? No!" Bennett exclaimed, running to it. Bad luck strikes again.

"Something always messes up with him huh?" Chongyun asked. Bennett ran under it and kept jumping to try and grab it. Fischl watched as he did, then hugged her knees again as she balled up. As if in a trance she stared at him, silently attempting to subside the curse. Stating only made it worse...

Bennett eventually got it back up with no problems, and the rest of the day went fine. Razor, Barbara, and Xinyan hung out with Jean's group of people, which included Albedo's group. Lumine was not able to avoid Childe the entire night, however she found Xiao to join them. Ayaka was able to coincidentally run into Aether, completely by chance, and Aether kept her company. Itto still had almost zero chance with Sara. Almost.

Fischl got home that night happy. She saw Bennett again, which was a win, but she also enjoyed Lantern Rite.

"How was your night, Mein Fräulein?" Oz asked, walking home with her.

"Graciously! Absolutely astounding!" Fischl exclaimed.

"The curse is gone?" He asked. There was a moment of silence.

"I have yet to find the core and reason of it! Bennett is just the catalyst!" Fischl explained.

"You say something different each time." Oz said.

"W-Well, I discover new findings! That's why!" Fischl exclaimed.

"Of course you have." He said. There was silence as the two walked home. Meanwhile, Bennett was in his room, staring at the ceiling. He was not only bored, but distraught. He wanted to see Fischl again. There were only a couple days left before school started again. He wanted to do something, whether his luck allowed it or not...

————————————————————

A/N : Sup guys. I'm alive. It's been 8 months and I got a chapter out lol. Hope this was good. Will the next chapter be soon? Idk. It might be. That's about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 10.8K 35
"Have you seen Y/n's big brother and big sister?" "Y/n is worried they're no longer with Y/n..." "Big brother Aether... Big sister Lumine... Where ar...
9.7K 202 10
Fischl, a self absorbed girl who is the princess of a place called Venurtilung, is getting forced to marry a prince by her mother. On the other hand...
16K 684 17
From the start, it was us against each other. My work made me resent you...But I could never truly hate you. Thoughts aside, you are forever on my m...
15.4K 315 14
This is just a story about our main character going on a mission to another world called teyvat.Genshin Impact does not belong to me nor the characte...