Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 24: Nightmare
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 30: The Trip
Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 36: I Know Everything
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 38: Defeat
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 40: Engagement

103 5 5
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

It was a whole ordeal. From Taehyung trying to convince you to push with the announcement to you being measured by Welvian dress maker Taehyung insisted on having. You were happy to have local seamstresses but he flat out said no.

"Only the best for the future queen," you remembered him saying it.

After hearing the news from Ella that their engagement was called off, Taehyung immediately took the chance and proposed to you infront of his council and few close people. Heeseung was there and so was Eli and Shihyuk.

"You do not have to do this your majesty," you tell Taehyung.

"We need to make it official," he answered.

Your mind wanders to that night.

He had made his men set up a nice camp outside of the palace walls right after his hunting trip where all his men and councils were expected to attend.

It was a feast. Afterall, it was a hunting trip for the king. Every after the trip, they celebrate. But this time, it was different because they will be celebrating your engagement.

Jungkook gathered his men around the fire and some on guard duty for the iing's safety. As a general, Jungkook needed to be there. As painful as it sounds, he was always beside the king, proving his loyalty to him. He stood his ground and held his position. Despite the engagememt being called off, he seemed fine to you.

Jungkook stole glances at you. Every now and then waiting for the perfect timing to pull you away from the feast and intl the woods to talk. He kept glancing at you and ignored Taehyung's arm around your waist.

When the king left his post for a while to get to his position, Jungkook thought it was a good timing to excuse you. He was nearly reaching your spot as he weaved through the cheering crowd when the curtains were drawn together to reveal a star-studded sky, moon full, flowers were all around and Taehyung in the middle.

Men started cheering when he invited you to ve with him there. Jungkook stopped dead in his tracks and realizes what is unfolding infront of him. His hands starts to shake, eyes wide and lip caught between lip.

"Sweetheart," Taehyung calls for you pationately.

Is this what you think it is?

Is he going to do it here infront of everybody?

You slowly come close to him while the crowd cheers. Upon standing infront of him, he gives you a boyish smile.

"I told you, this will happen very soon," ge winks at you, hair being tousled by the gentle breeze.

The scent of the flowers surrounded you, the moonlight seemingly giving the brighness Taehyung needed for this perfect night.

You smile shyly at him. Your heart is giddy and your cheeks flushed pink.

"Thank you my love, for letting me do this," he starts.

"I will save the long speech for another day because I can't wait to ask you......

He got down on one knee and presented you the most beautiful ring you have ever seen.

"Will you marry me?" He asked loud and clear.

Your smile could split your face in half.

Everyone's quiet in anticipation of your answer. So all you could hear were your heartbeat in your ears.

You look him in the eye and jumped straight to him with open arms causing you both to be knocked down to the flower-covered ground. A loud "YES!" came out of your lips once Taejyung helped you both up to your feet again.

Taehyung leans in to peck you on the lips, completely forgetting about the people. He lifts your left hand and slips the ring into your finger. He then proceeds to gently press him soft lips into your ring, the rest of his lips touching your skin.

Your finger tingles at the heavy rock it wears but your heart soars with joy together with Taehyung's. Everyone cheers loudly and started playing music to celebrate.

Jungkook, unwillingly claps his hands. His jaw tensed and eyes glossy. He smiles, teeth perfectly showing but his heart cries. He watches you be hugged and kissed by the king.

You hold Taehyung close. Eyes being captivated by this beautiful man infront of you.

You found love from the person you never knew you'd meet.

The one who saved you

And patiently waited for you.

The man who deserves your heart.

The king, his majesty, Taehyung. Is madly and deeply inlove with you. Someone like you.

Whoever you are.

Whoever you were.

You kiss him one more time. Taehyung's eyes flutter close at your voluntary sign of affection. He holds you in place hy your waist and pushes his lips more into yours, earning a muffled giggle from you.

You look around to see all the people happy for you. Even your eyes caught Jungkook smiling and clapping. Your eyes met so you send him a wide smile. He nods at you and smiles back.

Heeseung stands beside him.

"We're too late. He has her now," he comments while smiling and waving at you.

Jungkook looks at Heeseung and looks back at you. His brother is right but he can't even say a word. He's worried his mask might slip and show his real emotions right now.

"She will be a great queen," Heeseung leaves to go and hug you.

Suddenly, his words echoed in his head. Those were the exact same words he told you at the carriage when you bith confessed your feelings and him deciding to cut it off immediately.

He was so sure of his decisions back then but now, seeing you with his brother, it just doesn't feeli right. It wasn't how he pictured it to be.

He pictured this moment with you and himself instead of Teahyung.

"I fucked up," he murmurred under his breath.

Now you stand here immobile due to the tailor's measuring strings around you. You huff quietly in compliance to Taehyung's orders.

Eli notices it and smooths out your drawn together brows you weren't even aware of doing.

"It won't last longer lady Y/n. Please bare with them," she soothes.

"Sorry Eli if I seemed to be ungrateful. It's just that, his majesty's orders are a little too extravagant," you say.

Eli understands.

"I know but you must understand that it is the king you are marrying not just anyone," she reminds you.

"You're right. I'm sorry," you say.

"It's alright, we all have our drama on weddings," she chuckles.

You smile at her in return.

"Later, you'll have to approve the flowers that will be used for your venue and bouquet," she reminds you of your schedule.

And then you're back to silent huffing.

•••

Unedited

•••

MWF
I know I have set my upload schedules but here I  being late for my upload schedule. Sorry about that.

Here's the king for you. Have a lovely week.

-Haeun💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 9.7K 55
❝Promise me you won't leave me Park Y/n... ❞ He whispers softly into my ear. You're 23 years old and you live with your twin brother Park Jimin and...
7.3K 304 22
"I'm sorry to interrupt sir, but I'm not able to concentrate on your lecture" "Oh! Is that so Miss Kim? May you elaborate why though?" ...
123K 6.6K 49
*Dragon King x innocent human* →→A story where A Dragon king found his mate as a meek, fragile human being.⏎ ❍Kim Taehyung, a Dragon King, is a ruth...
5.9K 101 30
Park Jimin,a lovable and handsome boy next door with low self-confidence enters University life. Till now focused on getting good grades, having an i...