A Heart For A Heart

By pfall30

Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a d... More

Before You Read
Characters
Character Aesthetic
Dragon Call Part 1
Dragon Call Part 2
The Valiant Part 1
The Valiant Part 2
The Mark of Nimueh Part 1
The Mark of Nimueh Part 2
The Poisoned Chalice Part 1
The Poisoned Chalice Part 2
Lancelot Part 1
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 1
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 2
The Gates of Avalon Part 1
The Gates of Alavon Part 2
The Beginning of the End Part 1
The Begining of an End Part 2
Excalibur Part 1
Excalibur Part 2
The Moment of Truth Part 1
The Moment of Truth Part 2
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 1
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 2
To Kill the King Part 1
To Kill the King Part 2
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 1
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 2
(S2) The Curse of Cornelius Sigan Part 1
The Curse of Cornelious Sigan Part 2
The Once and Future Queen Part 1
The Once and Future Queen Part 2
The Nightmare Begins Part 1
The Nightmare Begins Part 2

Lancelot Part 2

195 4 0
By pfall30

Alexandra's Point of View:

Later that night, I found out that Lancelot had been knighted. I was truly proud of him and he deserved this. But I didn't want to think of the consequences he might face if the kingdom and its king found out the truth. Lancelot and Arthur were holding a conversation. Gaius stood next to Merlin and me. "You've done Lancleot a great deed, but who knows what the future holds?" I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it in a negative way.

"Yeah, I didn't know what it said on your invitation, but on mine, it said 'celebration'," Merlin joked. I laughed unlady like and Gaius chuckled along. Gaius left with some food and returned to his chamber. Gwen made her way over to us. I left them to chat and decided to talk with Morgana. It has been a while. I started to make my way over to her.

3rd Person Point of View:

"Tell me, what do you think of her, beautiful?" Arthur questioned.

"If you are referring to Lady Morgana, yes she is," Lancelot responded, but looking not at the Lady.

"I would believe you if you were looking at her. Were you talking about Alexandra?" Arthur asked a bit more defensively.

"Oh, Merlin's sister. Her features are of the beauty of nature not of the city. Her chestnut hair shines and compliments her ivory skin. Her eyes hold stories and secrets never told; the color of hazel. Her face always has an expression, but she is a true friend." Arthur nodded.

"Yes, she is quite special." He said holding his gaze on her figure.

Merlin and Gwen were having a very similar conversation.

"I think Lancelot has eyes for you."

"You think?"

"Sometimes I wonder if you knew how much he liked you even if he was standing right next to you."

"I think I would forget how to act," she laughed.

Alexandra's Point of View:

Morgana and I joined Merlin and Guinevere's conversation.

"So come on, just for the sake of argument, if you had to Lancelot or Arthur?"

Gwen was about to answer until I cut her off, "We all know she would choose handsome Lancelot in a heartbeat."

"Alex," she gasped embarrassed.

"I don't blame her. If he was more my type I would choose him too," Morgana stated. They all looked at me next as if expecting an answer.

I glanced at them before saying, "Merlin would choose Arthur all the way." The ladies laughed and nodded holding onto their stomachs.

"What about you, Alexandra?" Morgana asked. Who would I choose? It wasn't a hard choice. Gwen and Lance were made for each other. So if I had to I would choose Arthur.

"I would choose myself because I am quite the perfect match," I teased.

Morgana gave my arm a light squeeze, "Now you are starting to sound like me." Arthur made a toast to Lancelot. We all drank more after that, but all three of us regretted it in the morning. Gaius supplied the three of us with disgusting remedies to fix our hangovers. Lancelot and Merlin gagged. The moment of peace was quickly destroyed as the knights of Camelot arrested Lancelot. The bookkeeper told the truth about Lancelot and Merlin's lie. The king threw Lance in a cell, but Arthur knew that Lancelot was noble only wishing to serve. I ran down to the cells accompanied by Gwen. I allowed Gwen and Lance some time to talk. Seeing them together made me smile, but deepened the pit in my stomach. I would not know that type of love. No man would ever learn to love me for who I am. Most people feared magic and all it was. The one thing I admire most about Lance is that he is honest and humble. It is hard to meet someone of that quality; it is why he makes a good knight. Their conversation ended and I told Gwen that I would meet her.

"I'm sorry," I apologized feeling guilty.

"You are not to blame," he replied.

"But I knew better and I could have intervened..."

He looked at me with his deep brown eyes, "The burden is mine and mine alone."

"But you are not alone and people like Gwen can see just how humble and noble you are. Uther is selfish and was wrong about you. You deserve to be a knight and always will be," I said.

"You are too kind."

"Lance, I am being honest. It is one thing I admire about you. And I promise I'll help make things right." I gave him one last smile before returning to the castle grounds. I found an open practice dummy, so I took the opportunity to release some anger. After a couple of swings, I heard screams. I could never catch a break. Running to the center of town, I saw the knights in defense against the Griffin. Arthur yelled a command and I took that as my opening to cast a spell. My eyes flashed gold and the wind around the creature picked up. The creature couldn't dive down because it could not control its wings. The Griffin landed a bit away from the knights instead. I looked around for something. The Afanc was killed by fire and wind. I guess the Griffin would fear fire too. I found a torch and again my eyes were covered in gold. A firey glow illumined the torch. I turned around to see Arthur squaring off with the creature. He only had a spear that broke after striking the monster. Arthur was shocked and it was written all over his face. The Griffin was about to strike back, but I cut in front of Arthur with the torch in hand. I lunged at the bird placing the fire close enough to the beast's body so that it felt the heat. It screeched and took flight in the air away for now. I dropped the torch and clung to my stomach. Breathing too hard I sat on the cobble street. Arthur almost died. Albion would be ruined. Looking up to the sky for a sight of hope, instead, Arthur blocked the view pulling me to my feet. Sweat dripped down his head as he lightly shook me.

"What was that?" he said.

"I was saving you, you clot pole."

"You could have gotten hurt," he whispered angrily.

"And you could have too." Arthur dragged me with him and we entered the castle. Uther met Arthur by the thrown room. They walked in together. While they discussed the beast and the "best knights in the realm", I made my way to Gaius and Merlin.

"We finish this now, Gaius what research have you done?"

"It was Alexandra who researched it; she can tell you in better detail than me, sire," Gaius answered.

The king glanced at me, "Well..." he said impatiently.

"The creature is a griffin. A griffin has the head, wings, and talons of an eagle but the body of a lion. The griffin is mythical and cannot be destroyed by an ordinary iron blade."

"You are mistaken, foolish girl. It is a creature of flesh and will be killed with a sword."

Arthur interrupted, "Father, I believe there is some truth in what she is saying. I struck the griffin with my spear and it broke."

"I think not. It has tasted our steel once and it will again. When will you knights be ready?"

"An hour, maybe two," Arthur replied.

Before the king left he said, "We finish this tonight." Gaius and Merlin were having a conversation. I was staring at Arthur and he caught my eye. Fear was written all over his face for he believed I was right, unlike his father. I was right whether Uther liked magic or not. If Arthur were to hunt this creature. Merlin will have to be by his side. Merlin, Gaius, and I returned to the chambers to find a way to kill the magical beast.

3rd Person Point of View:

Arthur made his way to Lancelot's cell. Lancelot rapidly shuffled to his feet.

"I should have known. How could I have been so stupid?" Arthur said annoyed, "You don't sound like a knight. You don't even look like a knight."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too because Lancelot, you fight like a knight. And I need- Camelot needs..."

"The creature?"

"We could not kill it. I have never seen anything like it."

"I too, have faced it not long ago. I struck it full square to protect Alexandra, but I wondered how it endured it."

Surprise covered Arthur's face. He wasn't expecting to hear what he did. "What do you mean 'to protect Alexandra'?"

"She was out picking herbs when the beast tried to attack her. She ran and helped me escape when I attacked it." Arthur tried to shake off any emotion he showed.

"My father does not know of this. I am releasing you, but you must not return."

"It is not my freedom I seek; I just wish to serve."

"This is all I can do for you." Lancelot left his cell and made his way to the horse Arthur provided. First, he made one stop to visit his beloved Guinevere. They shared a moment in this time of desperation.

Alexandra's Point of View:

It was night now and Gaius tried to reassure Merlin that he had the power in him to cast this spell. I found it when I was reading it earlier. Merlin has not yet mastered the spell which left me worried. However, I was willing to intervene when needed. We met Lancelot by his horse. He told us we were not soldiers. I have to admit it was kind of hypercritical, but I know he was only looking out for us. The three of us raced already behind on time. Arthur, a tremendous tracker, probably found the griffin. There were the sounds of swords clashing and the griffin screeching which told us we were close. When we arrived at the scene, the men lay lifeless on the ground. I jumped off Lancelot's horse and made my way to the first knight I saw.

"He's breathing, but unconscious." I glanced toward other knights hoping I would recognize one. Arthur. He was propped against a tree and unconscious. I checked his pulse and he was alive. "Arthur is alive." I heard Merlin sigh and I too released air I didn't know I was holding. The Griffin began to screech again. It was all or nothing. Lancelot verse the Griffin. I heard Merlin start to incant the spell. He kept repeating it getting a bit more desperate each time. The third time when Lancelot was almost at the creature, the spear lit blue. Lancelot stabbed the Griffin and it landed dead on the forest floor. Out of relief, I jumped up and hugged Merlin. Everything was okay. The threat was gone. Arthur began to wake and Merlin started sprinting. I joined him. It was probably better Arthur did not know we were there. Merlin and I raced back giggling at each other like children. We were glad that someone else would get the credit for this plus you had to be pretty brave to face a Griffin. Merlin entered the chamber first and told Gaius the news. I visited Gwen and told her the same news.

I found Merlin and Lancelot outside the throne room. "They'll restore your knighthood. You killed the Griffin."

I said, "Lancelot, don't give your hopes up. Arthur will remember what you did for him," I whispered so that only he could hear, "When Uther is gone, Arthur will call to you. The code is wrong and Arthur knows that."

"Thank you both, but I did not kill the Griffin. You did." Merlin let a cheeky smile slip.

"That's ridiculous," Merlin stated.

Lancelot started to pretend to incant something, "I heard you. I saw you. Don't worry your secret is safe with me." I hugged Lancelot.

"From the moment I met you, you have been nothing but a true friend. Thank you, Lance." I kissed him on the cheek. I meant every word. He looked me in the eyes one last time before rushing towards the Great Hall doors. "Lancelot, wait!"

"Let me speak," he pleaded as the guards grabbed at him. Uther allowed Lancelot to speak.

"Forgive me, sire. I have come to bid you farewell."

Arthur questioned, "What is this Lancelot?"

"I have lied to you both and now there is conflict between you two. I cannot bare that burden and you should not bare mine. I have to start again, far from here. And maybe one day, prove that I am worthy to be a knight."

"But Lancelot you have already proven this to us."

"But I must prove it to myself." Uther's eyes met the floor and he realized just how noble Lancelot is. With that Lancelot made his exit. I comforted Gwen as she watched him leave. We had some time before her duties began. The lovers shared a moment before he left.

"Don't worry Gwen. You'll see him again. You two are connected now. I know there will not be a day that goes by that he won't think of you. Until then you must wait with patience for you Sir Lancelot to return as he is would for you."

"I will miss him, but he has made me better. I will wait like he would for me. Thank you, Alex." She clung to me pushing all her overwhelming emotions into our hug. I knew we would see Lance again. Merlin and his fate were intertwined just like his and Gwen's fate. I took one more look at where Lance was riding off to. He's an ally for the future. It's hard to trust people, especially when they know the truth.

"Until next time, Sir Lancelot."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 356 24
(⚠!Discontinued!⚠) In a Land of Myth and a Time of Magic,the Destiny of a Great Kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy.His name...Merlin. ~ Y...
135K 3.2K 32
Merlin took his sister with him when he went to Camelot. What he didn't realise was how much this would affect his destiny. And how much danger there...
8.9K 314 8
"Welcome to Camelot, Merlin, where anyone with magic is destined to die." ♛ "Who exactly are you?" "I already introduced myself. Have you forgotten...
506 54 14
The Story Of Young Arthur Pendragon And Young Warlock Merlin By: Maker_Wolfie Preview** In the mystical land of Camelot, where magic was both revered...